Cybersleuth

Is it worth it? It seems like a neat little JRPG with fun art. How's the story? Mechanics? I'm thinking of picking it up on switch

Attached: 81vDNfFqOFL._AC_SL1500_[1].jpg (931x1500, 299K)

>fun art
Fuck I dunno how many faps are awaiting me, my son.

Attached: 1542636493326.jpg (589x589, 43K)

I enjoyed it. The story is a bit ridiculous at times but overall pretty good considering it's a Digimon game. The mechanics are somewhat basic, kind of a rock-paper-scissors with physical/special split like Pokemon, with two layers of type efficiency, but with fewer total types. Digivolving is way different from Pokemon, encouraging you to evolve then devolve to level up higher and reach new evolution paths.

Considering it's both games in one, I'd definitely say it's worth it.

>Is it worth it?
Yes
>How's the story?
Kinda of shitty
>Mechanics?
Pretty brain dead simple that even a kid could understand and yet can still be challenging especially on harder difficulties.

>yet can still be challenging especially on harder difficulties.

Does it get as hard as SMT? My main beef with the digimon RPGs was the difficulty outside of tedious grinding. World 1 and World 2 were even more brain-dead than Pokémon.

I've been enjoying it, never played a digimon game before. It has a slow beginning though.

OP here. I'm totally down for a somewhat ridiculous story even if it sacrifices common sense for character drama or putting the characters in an emotional situation where they have to react in earnest. Is it at least an earnest or emotional story? I remember watching a few episodes back when I was a kid of the main characters in a blank sort of room or world, and I remember feeling like that was incredibly sad or tragic in some way. Does this game have any moments that sort of get to that feeling? I'm looking for a comfy RPG

There's going to be a lot of grinding but that's not where difficulty comes from.
Boss battles are about managing your buffs. And optional boss battles are about exploiting the bosses' gimmicks.

Grinding is easy buy having level 99 digimons won't help you on hard mode if you have no idea what you're doing.

Attached: Eater_Adam.jpg (268x630, 73K)

Haven't played any real SMT games but in the first game, the difficulty spikes mid game. Where you pretty much need certain digimon with certain skills just to catch up to the ridiculous bosses. Luckily though, you can change the games difficulty at any time from normal to hard. Hard mode is another beast. Seriously, some of these bosses will give you PTSD on hard mode.

The digimon games, especially the newer ones, aren't really known for having a good story unless you really like cute characters talking about mumbo jumbo that doesn't make any sense with computer terms thrown around.

Aw, that makes me sad. I just want an RPG with a strong emotional story about children lost in a world they don't understand and who want to make it home, but become incredibly attached to the people in their adventures. The last game that I think scratched that itch for me was mystery dungeon. I don't want quite an isekai because I'm not really into that, but that's a sort of wholesome / emotional RPG I'd like, and preferably something I could play on either a switch or HD screen. I haven't been in the mood to play square RPGs lately.

I'm liking it, it is very mumbo-jumbo, but somehow very cyberpunk, without the punk of course. I enjoy this

>having to evolve and devolve multiple times to get the stats needed to evolve the way you want

Attached: e3601c0a966a98ec33781d399ea00801--bread-baking-hair-care.jpg (640x480, 108K)

Not OP, but why is it worth it? I have it on my "to get" list

>a strong emotional story about children lost in a world they don't understand
You're definitely not gonna find that here. It's alot like 358/2 days where the lrge portion of the game has you doing side stuff until the game feels like letting the story progress and when it does it's usually not that great. But if you like monster hunting and team building you can find some fun there.

>I just want an RPG with a strong emotional story about children lost in a world they don't understand and who want to make it home
>children
The newer digimon games tend focus more on teens/high schoolers for the older audience and for the Cybersleuth games, they all take place in the real world(mostly just random streets of Japan). If you want to explore the digital world then you should play the World games. I think the only that might fit your criteria is the Adventure game for the PSP which also has a fan translation. Its a full adaption of the Adventure anime plus the movies with a very similar turn based combat as Cybersleuth but I'd only recommend it if you've seen the anime.

Attached: 1563838570643.jpg (640x1099, 166K)

Gotcha. Thanks user! I'm down for games aimed at older audiences as well.

What the above user said about building your favorite nostalgia team.
And while the story might not be great it's fun seeing its dumb, charming characters interact and getting their arcs come around.

I bought first one for Vita, but never actually started it lol. I'm definitely buying the Switch version.

Meant this user