Soul

Soul
Soulless

Attached: 54184.jpg (960x960, 133K)

Dead meme, underage

'soul' means nothing its retarded juist like you

also the first picture is ugly and empty

>look at this guy with a giant hunk of metal on his back, let's just pretend he is not lol
Immersion broken

>Guy just on the train with a big ass sword
Lol

Will the homeless dude still be there?

why they remove all the train detail and make it generic?

1st picture :
Old ass train with hobos sleeping on the seats, likely abandoned but still working nonetheless. Nobody cares about Cloud because they're sleeping or too depressed for that

2nd picture
Generic train with generic people all facing away from the player, nobody cares that he's holding a huge ass sword

The new graphs make it even more glaring that Cloud and Crew look to distinct and don't blend in at all with the regular population.
They should have designs more exotic looking for NPC.

why do they still let the fucking lower plate weebs to ride trains with us?

>empty
Yes, it's a fucking train at 2 in the morning. Everyone is at home from wagie cagie lives. OP is right. 2020 is soulless.

Why change the lighting? What's even the point of that?

The fact Cloud walks around with his buster sword is the best part.
I guess purists are just finding new shit to complain about now that SE gave them their Classic babby mode.

Attached: classic.jpg (1080x286, 113K)

different scenes. im pretty sure the first time you get on a train there's a bunch of people like that spiky hair guy

How do you know the time in the bottom screenshot?

You have to remember that square enix are a bunch of incompetent morons

Which fits the situation. There isn't any autistic soulless back turning. You have one guy who homeless and his train is his place. The other guy who just doesn't want to know.

Because square have lost what made them great. It's cliche to say but something has changed since 1997. Developers obviously live sheltered lives now.

Bet you weren't even alive when ff7 came out you subhuman zoom zoom

Attached: 1568516211052.jpg (1827x1827, 218K)

soul

Attached: Friends.png (650x487, 201K)

Who gives a fuck about the bottom screenshot?

Everything must be grey and white now.

Attached: soul vs soulless.jpg (2048x1423, 937K)

they're different scenes. Have any of you actually played the game?

>They should have designs more exotic looking for NPC.
X, XII and XIII all had npcs wearing dumb outfits like the MCs and everyone gave Square shit for it
this is the outcome of nitpicking every single minor detail like npc outfits

>also the first picture is ugly and empty
This.

>Empty pre-rendered train with low poly model is soul
>Fully rendered train with lots of people and real time lighting is soulless
You can't really use that meme in this case

this

Attached: 7R train.jpg (2280x1080, 1.02M)

Answer the original question.

yeah, look soulless as shit. just ff15. The top pic in OP is literally how life was pre-2009. You could feel your environment. If you were a hobo, you were a fucking hobo and still feel connected.

That being?

>That being?
Are you actually retarded?

Your post makes no sense at all. You're just trying way too old to be into the "old good, new bad" hivemind.

/thread

I agree. The way the graphics are in the original can be seen as stylistic rather than graphic limitations. I don't need a remake. Plus, aren't they making it politically correct? No brothel sub-plot.

>are you retarded
Not even close. I am still waiting for you to realise how retarded you are by not understanding my initial answer to . You are a truly useless piece of shit. He was arguing about the top panel so I addressed the top panel. The bottom panel is not even in thought to both of our posts and your useless self wants to know about the bottom panel? It wasn't even addressed, you dumb motherfucker.

>2 anons discuss top panel
>retard enters
>wa bot du butum pnel
>what about it?
>duurr u retited

Kill yourself.

Meanwhile reddit is currently losing their minds over how absolutely fantastic they think it is

shut up

Attached: 69932694_193563111647680_1399471834490994688_n.jpg (720x909, 42K)

17 yo Zoom

>no answer

I really hate soul/souless shit threads, but there is something about that empty car.

It's not trying too hard if I don't feel like it is. You just don't like what I am typing. That isn't my fault you immature bitch lol. Did you never fight people irl both verbally or physically? No wonder you're hurt when I shit on ff7r because so far it only has some factors that I don't mind. But the theme/aesthetic/emotion to it is key for me. That is literally it. If you don't like it, it's not my fault.

>old good new bad
>hivemind
Cope more. I will say new can be good when I see it. Stop crying, bitch.

Actually the real thing to say is
>What I looked at
>What I saw

>make stupid claim
>can't back it up
>go full retard

Attached: 1568536479649.png (900x748, 912K)

That is because you don't understand English. What a cop out you are lol

Why do you type like a 15yo?

What annoys me about games these days is that they don't leave room for your personal imagination to fill in the blanks. There's no blanks to fill in because there's too much un-necessary detail put into the game aesthetics. If I want to watch a film, I won't read a book.

>What I saw
I understand where you're coming, but not quite here
What I saw would be pic related

Attached: subway-homelessness-057.jpg (618x410, 112K)

okay retard

>all these robots who cannot understand what soul/soulless means

There only one homeless guy on the train in the original. Stop being retarded.

>openly staring at someone with a sword

You trying to get stabbed?

just another pointless buzzwords as useless as "comfy"

Same goes with you. user addressed the top panel, as did I. No need to discuss 2020 panel. It's not relevant. He called it ugly and empty. You and the other user clearly are struggling. Unless both posts are you.

Perhaps this is the issue. With so much fed to you, your brain can't add it's own perspective. How do you even remedy this?

That's the key. People don't understand that if they loved FFVII so much it's because the game respected everyone's imagination.
Midgar is so memorable because what we see is enough to picture the rest in our head, we don't actually need to explore all the sectors or the top-part of the city.
FFVII is gonna disappoint many or he a hit because people lost their souls

>implying 3D models on top of 2D background doesn't always automatically imply soulless

>still no answer
incredible

>reddit has better taste than Yea Forums
More news at 11

The best thing about looking forward to this game is seeing how much it makes retards on this board seethe

is anyone actually excited for this trainwreck? please say no...

It's not about homeless, it's about it being empty. It's supposed to be the last, late-night train. Everyone is exhausted and rides in a comfy silence blanket, dozing off.
Not some rush hour line like the remake

What if daily life now just makes it so you can't relate as we did as kids in the 90's? We were always outside and still had elements of the old world such as fighting and just being more natural. Would a 10 year old even connect with a scene like Nanaki's?

shit one for you then, isn't it lol?

Soulless drones like the soulless remake
of course

It's pretty hilarious. There were people complaining that the gym in the remake wasn't dirty enough, when it wasn't dirty at all in the original. Purists will find any little detail to complain about and blow it out of proportion.

I'd fuck the woman in the mini skirt

>let me tell you why you loved the game

fuck off

50/50 atm. I just think it will ff7reddit. Dude quirky characters that are progressive lmao style rather than willing to have the character be edgy and substantive.

ff7reddit

>Would a 10 year old even connect with a scene like Nanaki's?
That's sad :'(

lol

Attached: 1568581893016.jpg (2000x803, 162K)

go back

Attached: 46051321.png (838x492, 1016K)

People are too stupid to understand how good art works so yes. If you ask people why they loved FFVII they're gonna say the cool story and the neat characters.
Of course, but why did it work? Certainly not because the game made them watch hours after hours of pointless details like Xenosaga.

>Attacks occur automatically
I fucking hated XBC2 autobattle system so much and now its on Remake of 7 too. Whatever, maybe I just stick to original FF7

Hive mind versus independent thinking.

Attached: 1541518713810dfffff.png (416x435, 114K)

If you haven't played it already, you should.

Why is the train crowed at night? Wasn't it the last train of the night or something?

It's an optional mode for turn-based babies who want to do nothing but wait for ATB to fill so they can issue commands. The auto attacks are just for visuals as they're piss weak.

>uh, I was only pretending to rape you to trick Hojo
>H-honest!
Red XIII was an emo with daddy issues who liked to pretend he was more mature than what he really was lmao.

Why does new Joseph look like a pimp?

That is so sad. :(

god weekend Yea Forums is so desperate to fit in

It's optional you fucking retard.

The point is the first pic conveys a sense of hopelessness, an abandoned barely functional train at 2am full of hobos who don't give a fuck about the fact a literal terrorist with a 6 foot long sword is walking right next to them because they hate their lives so much and are riddled with despair and mental disease, while the second pic looks like some random New York City subway scene except with a random anime guy nobody seems to notice.

I wanted to hope they would make a cool remake of VII, but Midgar only and such character redesigns is boring

I like turn-based. I don't like sitting around in action rpg. Its not fun

wow the fucking mental gymnastics at work right here

Except he's right
Mood and ambiance is dead/

>What's a remake

oh so you're just complaining for the sake of complaining

>it's dead because I said so

okay

Neither has soul, faggot

Soul argument is valid, the bottom image is generic, have cold colors, its no different to the real world.

Wait, did you try to say Yea Forums has intelligent individual thoughts for the majority of the board with any sincerity? Even the NPC meme's origins is unintelligent hivemind thoughts.

That doesn't excuse the fact the "remake" is butchering the original.
Old boy had been remade by americans, the fact it's a remake doesn't change the fact that they killed the mood, the choregraphy and the plot of the original.

I'm all for doing something different, but don't make it a tone-deaf generic then AAA

ff7 remake is soul

>That doesn't excuse the fact the "remake" is butchering the original

Attached: 1568488922927.jpg (750x750, 44K)

anime really was a mistake

shut up you illiterate esl retard

Huh?
No.
I just don't like autobattle system or that the remake is located only inside the Midgar. Character redesigns makes me sad too, but I guess the game as a whole is marketed towards newer players that don't know much about FF7.
But in a sense I am "just complaining". I like expressing my opinions and feelings online

>Old boy had been remade by american
What was changed? Is the brothel still in?

>That doesn't excuse the fact the "remake" is butchering the original.
That's the point. It's meant to be a reimagining of the entire experience aside from the plot.

then don't play it
the original still exists

>Old midgar's slums were full of punks, hoboscrossdressers and people who seemed to be out of Madmax
>Now it's just generic people

That's perhaps worse than the train; The chick with the skirt kinda fits though

Attached: p1020_4.jpg (320x240, 74K)

god I hate faggots like you
the original still exists so stop overreacting

they should give cloud a gun and set the game in LA, i mean it's a remake wtf. also cloud should be a girl with a flat ass.

the red headed punks are still in the remake though

The more realistic the game looks the more retarded cloud's design seems.

>this thread

>this is equal to whether or not a train is filled with people in one scene

/thread

Amazing how nobody even came with the idea that you can ride the train multiple times or that it is a completely different train

You niggers are beyond retarded

Attached: 1541181356834.jpg (1280x1256, 107K)

1997: Cyberpunk
2020: GTA

yeah, how dare someone expect a remake of a beloved classic game to respect the source material by capturing the same look and feel, mood and themes.

See

Yes, I expressed that same thought in . I just wished the remake to offer something for me, but I guess I'll just watch the cutscenes from Youtube when it comes out and laugh at rewritten mess of FF7 story.
But, not all games are made for me. I hope some people find enjoyment from the remake.

Keyword: remake
You're pining for a remaster.

yep, obviously neither you or the people doing this remake understand the original game.

It does. You idiots are literally only complaining about how many people are on the train. That's beyond fucking retarded. See

lol fucking kill yourself

>There's only one train in all Midgard

okay

>You idiots are literally only complaining about how many people are on the train.
Dude we've been talking about the lightning, how the people behaved and the overal design of the train

Like that user said, the original is Cyberpunk, the new one isn't

whoa, now THAT'S a based, and dare I say, redpilled response. just the sort of on-point debating skills I've come to expect from Yea Forums

>this thread

Attached: 1568536083460.jpg (422x400, 187K)

>the original is Cyberpunk

I've never read something so stupid.

>we're nitpicking LEAVE US ALONE

>cyberpunk

neck yourself

lightning?

and if anything the remake is more "cyberpunk" in its aesthetic than the original

It helps that it wasn't me and some other asshole who derailed our entire conversation.

>how the people behaved

they literally just stand there
you fucking idiots

you're like a child

"waaaaah the game is different than my boomer shit"
Shut the fuck up you retards.
First of all, OP's pic isn't even the same scenes.

Second of all, the game hasn't fucking released. How the hell can you judge a game from a picture.

For fucks sake, this "soul/soulless" shit is about as tasteless as wojack.

The soul meme is literally soulless you NPC dialog repeating fucks.

Attached: mad.png (185x291, 106K)

They shouldn't.
A literal terrorist with a huge ass sword is walking and they're all like "yeah who cares"

>it's another "original game stops existing when a remake is made" episode

>uses boomer meme unironically
>complains about soul/soulless meme

Attached: 1329705866035.jpg (500x391, 29K)

$5 has been sent to your account

but that's what makes it so good
it's goofy just like the original game

you don't even know what you want anymore

not the same guy but midgar and specially the slums were pretty cyberpunk, I guess you just never played the game.

>Midgard
opinion discarded

I legit wish this mindset would take over the board already. I'm fucking over this era and am ready for change at any time now.

>I legit wish

Shut the fuck up zoomer.

>uses boomer AND NPC but soul/soulless is going too far

inb4 it turns out the game isnt tuned for classic and it ends up actually being harder

I don't like the "boomer" memes either, but what else can I say. That's what everyone is considering themselves when they use that shitty "soul" meme.

>Top prerendered graphics used with a CRT
SOUL

>Bottom non-prerendered used with an inceLED
souLESS

dieselpunk

>steampunk
>because we see smoke and tubes
Where is the victorian era? Fucking idiot.

Do you stare at every person you see on the subway carrying their constitutionally protected AR-15? Didn't think so

>defending soul meme

>cyberpunk

stop posting

>Implying they KNEW Cloud was a terrorist
>Purposely forgetting SOLDIER existence
Get fucked

pretty sure they know what SOLDIER is considering Sephiroth was a world famous celebrity basically

noooo now it's too empty reeeeeeeee

>deleting your post out of shame even though you're anonymous
Literal coward ahahah

This "remake" is a goddamn mess, jesus.

nobody is saying anything like that, numbnuts.

>No cotton chairs
>Plastic benches
American hobos have it tough

>why don't you know my made up autistic subgenres?

I didn't know I could be a 30 year old zoomer

that post doesn't support your point in any way. it doesn't say that the original doesn't exist or that you can't play it only that the new one looks bad.

Second.

hey I wasn't the one who started slinging them out

Attached: don.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

Top: soul
Bottom: soulful

>complain about muh soul
>get even get the aesthetic right

fucking retard

Looking forward to the doujins.

Soul vs Souless threads are like Sneed's feed and seed
You see them and you immediately suck and fuck therefor you're Chuck and you're formal

Attached: sneed.jpg (330x185, 19K)

holy shit, it just occurred to me that you think "butchering the original" literally means that they are butchering the original. how far on the spectrum are you?

What is it about Squarenix NPCs that they look just wrong. Not like real people but moving mannequins. They all have the same body proportions and their clothes are always too clean and basic.

>somebody used the wrong word to describe the aesthetic that means their point is wrong and they should kill themselves

that's from the lack of soul

Welcome to Yea Forums, where conversation dies if you speak with any inaccuracies.

>Someone correcting you immediately means they want you dead
So self-conscious

If you're going to cry about something, at least be fucking informed on what you're crying about.

shut up you fucking baby
you don't even know what you're crying about

The 'Final Fantasy VII' Remake is going to be Casual shit for the Mobil Gamer Generation with even more friendly gamecontrol than FF13 and FF15 combined.

The real crime is that OP is able to blatantly and every single one of you fags fall for it .

You are all ruining this board with your gullible retarded asses. FUCK OFF

I...What? What am I crying about?

that doesn't save this tone deaf cash grab of a "remake"

It's worse than soulless. It's inept. It makes me realize that Square developers don't really go out and see how people in the real world actually look like. It's the same shit as anime. Like Hayao Miyazaki said, the creators don't have real life experiences so they are incapable of showing them in their art.

I love how Don's tuft just keeps blowing in some invisible breeze.

Zoomers are eternal. Some of the most insufferable zoomers were born in 1994.

Attached: 1568345487161.png (1800x662, 88K)

Wait, did some do a redraw of this series?

Next Chapter when?

I wasn't born then.

Attached: 0C7C674D-D413-4BF2-A2CB-EAAC1BAEF9D9.jpg (1200x675, 191K)

But we don't need all the bullshit surrounding it. Like in every situation, getting straight to the point with accurate information will get the point across more effectively, but you would rather meme, shitpost and shit fling

most retarded thread on Yea Forums right now

Attached: Barret hits the dab.jpg (555x414, 41K)

Just wait for the shill hype train coming soon when all youtuber start to make their first 25 minute inpression videos and telling the braindead auddience what to think abou this game.

Attached: slums.jpg (2280x1080, 981K)

sounds like a failed jelly youtuber here

Attached: sector.png (1920x1080, 1011K)

>just wait for when people enjoy the game and have opinions that I don't agree with

best image in thread

>WOW this game is soooo fun
>Ha Ha Ha
>Look how cool this looks
>i played a lot FF7 when i was youn
>this is so awesome to see in new Graphics
>this looks great, i like this
>i have no problems that it is episodic with this graphic
>i like aeris more than tifa
>they made them all great
>models are awesome
>Ha Ha Ha

>i know the hype is real
>i know the game is great because square enix made good ff games
>i will just consider something positive
>despite the fact how shitty SE is

>soul vs soulless
You don't know what those terms mean.

shit
shit

also applies to the entire series, spinoffs included

go play a real videogame fucking dickless autist, all final fantasy games combined have less gameplay than the average snoy movie

You're trusting the AI to handle all the movement, guarding and base attacks, so I can imagine that yeah, it might be a bit more tricky depending on how well-programmed the combat AI is.