What does Yea Forums think of the Sonic Advance games?

What does Yea Forums think of the Sonic Advance games?

Attached: 1448432491251.png (768x256, 516K)

Never played it, but it's probably better than the Genesis Sonic games.
Then again, literally any video game is.

1 is alright and probably the most consistent of the bunch
2's bad level design is overstated EXCEPT for Sky Canyon which might just be the worst level 2D Sonic has ever seen
3 starts bad & cheap in places and gets slightly better in some areas.

Whichever one made it so when you gofast the camera makes it so you can't see anything in front of you is shit.
I liked the SA3 team gimmick but they needed to push that further

Sonic Advance 2 would be the best 2D Sonic game if it were on a bigger screen with a more zoomed out camera.

1 is good, nothing too special as it sticks to the Genesis games pretty hard.
2 is faster, has Music Plant Zone, and some of the best boss fights in the series.
3 is the biggest and best Advance game. Team mechanics add to exploration, 3 Acts per Zone and the OST is fantastic.

They're fun, i like 3 specially for the pair options :)

can you name a single 2D sonic game that wouldn't massively benefit from being higher res and zoomed out?

It’s a blasphemous attempt at recreating what was once the pinnacle of modern gaming.

>bess boss fights in the series
not when this abomination exists

Attached: Scz_boss.png (240x160, 7K)

Amy in 1 and 3 is the most fun character to play as in the entire franchise
Shame in 2 she's just a Sonic with a hammer but 2 sucks anyway

Attached: hammah.png (450x125, 8K)

No.

1 was fine
2 is the hold right to win meme and a prototype to Rush
3 has dozens of cheap traps and a team based bullshit that no one cared about

agreed. who the fuck thought giving it an automatic OHKO move was a good idea?

Fun games but the stages are way too big for their own good.

I want to believe it's a programming error.

3>1>2
2 constantly had speed sections into blind death pits and spikes, but the level design wasn't built to accommodate anything other than hold right to win

It's been years since I sat down and played them all the way through, but I remember only thinking they were okay at best.
>All 3 games have garbage special stages and worse methods of getting to them
>Advance 1 starts off really good, but the level design falls apart near the end
>Advance 2 is mostly okay until you get to Sky Canyon, combined with the bosses all basically being the same thing repeated until the final one
>Advance 3 has pace-breaking hubworlds, garbage level design from as early as Route 99, and the team gimmick is okay at best, but annoying at worst
Maybe I need to revisit them sometime, along with some other Sonic games I either haven't played in years (Heroes, the Rush duology), or ones I never bothered to try out (Sonic 1 and 2 8-bit and Pocket Adventure) but I doubt my opinions will really change on them.

sonic is cool because he has a masculine bad boy face and runs with his hands backwards

2>1>3
The sprite art for all of these games is phenomenal. But fuck me, the level design is all over the place. Usually falls apart by the 5/6th zone. Chaos emeralds were such a fucking chore I never bothered to get any of them

For the Advance titles in particular, it would make a huge difference because of the GBA's 240x160 resolution.

Mega Man Zero has the same issue and it's a shame that neither the DS collection or the upcoming version are able to resolve it.

I liked them specially 2, which the level design reminds me of Megaman Zero 2 for some reason

The series handled multiple playable characters better than any other game except maybe Mania plus.
It baffles me that Sega never tried anything like this again.