Platinum's next game?!

So apparently there's some leak going around stating platinum games has been working on a Sonic Game since 2018 and that this game is supposed kickstart the Sega Renaissance project in 2022... wtf?

Attached: sonic-the-hedgehog-ps4-playstation-4-1.original.jpg (960x540, 67K)

post source you mingey mutt

What would a Sonic game made by platinum look like anyways?

Probably like the motorcycle level in Asteral Chain.

Attached: astral-chain.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

>Sonic game
>Platinum
imagine

Attached: 1554054994474.jpg (309x309, 21K)

seconding this

dude trust me

Source or I’ll kiss you, I mean it!

dont get my hopes up annon

I absolutely love Platinum but fuck Sonic

I found this... lol take with a grain of sea salt

Attached: Screenshot_20190915-163022_Omnichan.jpg (1080x1276, 429K)

What Sega should do with trying to revive their IPs:
>a new Golden Axe that tries to be the best medieval beat-em-up/hack-and-slash ever made
>a new Streets of Rage that tries to be the best modern style beat-em-up ever made
>Alex Kidd metroidvania
>Vectorman 3D (building off games like Metal Arms)
>Ecco the Dolphin 3
>Phantasy Star V
>Jet Set Radio 3
>a new, isometric 3D Bonanaza Bros

Attached: Death Adder.png (377x545, 531K)

Sega is more than a handful of genesis IPs

I don't think Platinum will work with Sega for a good while after how they treated Anarchy Reigns.

At the moment they're less than a handful of Genesis IPs.

Four of those eight IPs originated from the Genesis.

What was wrong with it?.

Actually 3/8.

House of the Dead VR seems like a good idea. Idk about Virtua Fighter how would that work? Also where's the source from this source?

As long as Bayonetta games keep happening, Plat is continuing to work with Sega, since Sega owns the Bayonetta IP.

I swear to fucking christ if Platinum's next game is a fucking Sonic title instead of Babylon's Fall I'm swearing off all their products.

honestly, if they make a sonic game that's like sonic boom, it will be great

-levels heavily focused on 3d platforming and item collection that have some combat zones
-combo focused combat
-character switching-midlevel

since this is platinum we're talking about, it'll have tons of references, it'll be self aware, and it'll have great gameplay

god bless Kamiya

Attached: 0e81c139e9e462798d5c2880c9d27bc41d468569r1-500-500v2_hq.jpg (500x500, 31K)

I can see the Shadow gameplay (Plat knows plenty about rocket-skating around and shooting shit)

I can obviously see the Knuckles gameplay, we all can.

I have no idea what they're going to do with the Sonic gameplay, though. I feel like nobody, not even Sonic Team, has any idea how to make 3D Sonic gameplay feel good, and Plat are not exactly the sort of studio I'd expect to be able to handle high-speed platforming. They don't really know anything about it.

They learned their lesson about trying to make Sonic all realistic and shiny with Sonic 06. Not happening

if they make him like Raiden in mgr (fast paced, with parkour sections) it'll be a blessing (just faster obviously)

I hope Silver is in it!

Attached: 684bf9f0d40193f47d180661cf90b4e2.jpg (621x621, 67K)

please let this sonic be like the characters in transformers devastation, all cell-shaded & shit

Raiden is slow as shit compared to 3D sonic, and he doesn't "platform", it's all just auto-running setpieces. Imagine the fucking tedium of MGR if it was all just running.

Cel Shaded is the right way to go! Also I want sonic to be cute and fat again!

Attached: Sonic.png (673x1074, 712K)

>launch title for Sony VR project. 2023 expected.
This is complete horseshit. No publisher would finance a VR game that takes 4 years minimum to develop. Not even Sony.

Omg I just realized something, what if this game is a movie adaptation...

>Forces was probably the closest we'll ever get to a game set in the Archie/IDW-verse

Attached: 1559771793372.jpg (720x537, 39K)

>platinum may set this game in the archie/idw-verse with the story, just like in transformers devastation where they inspired their characters on both their cartoon and comic-selves

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (400x483, 522K)

If this is not real I hope Platinum and Sega see this and make it real. Sonic needs help. Sonic Mania was great and all but there are alot of Sonic Fans and furries out there want something epic!

Good on you for separating the fanbase denographic

>platinum
well this is gonna be shit

Attached: 1426722248292.png (710x828, 452K)

Attached: 1390161884386.jpg (835x538, 569K)

The fact that Nintendo has been funding Bayonetta 2 and 3 despite Sega owning the IP makes me doubt they would work with Platinum again. Why they wouldn't just give it to Whitehead and Stealth is the better option anyway.

Why go that far when all you have to do is
>agree to make something other than sonic
>don't let any in house developer come within 50 meters of the project
>actually just fire all of them

>Why go that far
Because if you don't really try your best then you're failing yourself and everyone around you.