Promoting the game with anime,stage plays, and music videos

>promoting the game with anime,stage plays, and music videos
Why does sega have confidence in this despite the lagging sales over the franchise’s history and barely making a blip in the global market?

Attached: E4E72E78-C505-4180-8766-3A7DE6DBFDDC.png (1024x692, 768K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Mw1mDGP3j1k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sometimes you just gotta take a gamble.
Plus after Yakuza's success, Sega isn't afraid of pushing this in the west.

Attached: pin.webm (1280x720, 728K)

God i wish that was me.

>make a game series about cute girls
>hire a character designer that can't draw girls for shit

WTF Sega

Kabe-DON!

Because they are reviving their most precious franchise and they are going all out with it.
Sega can fuck up Phantasy Star, Shining, Sonic, any other of their franchises, but they can’t fuck up Sakura Taisen. So they bet everything on this game and literally drown it in money.
Sakura Taisen may be unknown in the West, but it was HUGE in Japan and people still remember and love it.

Sakura wars is literally segas most profitable franchise of all times, even bigger than Sonic.

It's functionally a new series, or at least a reboot.
The main cast is completely new, and the gameplay style is different. They don't want to coast on a name for marketing when they could draw in a new crowd.

Attached: 1559658568560.jpg (700x482, 36K)

False.
If it was they wouldn't reboot it, marketing the visuals with a known mangaka.

Sakura Taisen was popular in the 90s but since Sega's downfall the franchise has barely been able to survive, with the manga and gacha shit nobody even knows exists.

This game will undoubtedly fail.

Why wouldn't the franchise lag after 3? 4 was a glorified bonus disk, and 5 had terrible waifus and was delayed for half a decade. 1-3 were amazing games, and had a lot of hype for good reason.

The biggest issue here is removing the turn based strategy for the hack and slash gameplay. ST's gameplay was the foundation for Valkyria Chronicles, it was unique and really fun. The change in artist is jarring too.

Sakura Taisen is a classic in Japan, your speculation makes no sense, as the whole reason Sakura Taisen fell apart was because the last two games were bad, and were severely cut down because of Sega's financial woes. 5 couldn't ride the hype of the previous games because of the delay. It was announced in 1999 iicr, and released in like 2005.

This is THE time to revive it, however the stylistic changes might not be well received.

>it was unique and really fun
There is nothing unique or fun about barebones turn-based strategy, really. What made it unique was an adventure part and, according to TGS demo impressions, they are doing a really good work with an adventure part in Shin.

Bait or retard or both?

It wasn't barebones, 3 had great gameplay esspecially for something released in the 90's. I hope you're not suggesting hack and slash is somehow better because that's retarded. And again, Valkyria Chronicles plays well but it doesn't play as well as Sakura Taisen did .

Will Sega ever localise the older games?

Kubo being behind the designs might be enough of a gimmick to mitigate the style change

Do I like the retarded main girl or the white girl better?

Imagine thinking that visual novel dialog sequences and exploration was somehow the "unique" aspect of the series, meanwhile it pioneered a completely new, easilly accessible way for TBS to work on a console.

>They don't want to coast on a name for marketing when they could draw in a new crowd.
Then why name it Sakura Wars?

Attached: 1471564897371.png (1536x1172, 371K)

Have you ever considered that you are not the target audience for this game? Go play cod or something

I can accept this, however the new gameplay doesn't look good.

It will fail user, Sega is clueless.

I wanted to get into this series once but then I learned none of the old games got translated so I didn't.

What? Game like Tactics Orge and Super Robot Wars already existed when Sakura Taisen came out. It pioneered nothing in TBS department.

Just baiting. I don't like Kubo's girls and I'm salty Kosuke isn't back. His character designs and artstyle are much better.

It's almost as though it's topped polls for years, is still one of the highest rated series ever, and didn't do well in the global market because Sega America were terrified of anime games and avoided bringing it over.

Those are crusty, boring and ugly games. Sakura Taisen 3 and 5 were far, far better at TBS games that allowed to you walk around, manage movement and explore a 3D environment. I have a strong feeling you don't even know how 3, 4, 5 and the PS2 remake of 1 played, considering your Super Robot Wars/Tacticsy Ogre comparison. Sakura Taisen was certainly not as hard as those games could be, but by God the gameplay and presention in Sakura Taisen takes a steaming shit on those games.

youtu.be/Mw1mDGP3j1k

This looks nothing like Tactics Ogre or SRW. Are you stupid ?

RPGs with waifus have been discovered to be a perfect gateway to lucrative gacha scam apps

Ah, so we are talking about the whole series now. Nice goalposts moving, but okay, I'll give you that 3-5 have much better battle parts than 1-2 for which "crusty, boring and ugly" is a perfect description.
But still, even this type of TBS system didn't become really good until it was perfected by Valkyria Chronicles. As you said yourself, it is all about presentation and not about being actually good games. There literally no challenge in battle parts and you can complete them with your eyes closed.