How much worse is NG:Sigma compared to Black? Is it worth playing?

How bad of a starting point is it for the NG series?

Attached: sigma.jpg (1121x1280, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xbcMI0FjlBg
youtube.com/watch?v=QLJ5vXH5yb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sigma has boobs bouncing if you shake your controller like madman, so not bad at all.

I'm already sold, but how does it play compared to the original release?

pretty much the same down to the difficulty

I'll likely be too shit to beat the game but thanks, sounds good.

sorry lied. i think it was sigma 2.
youtube.com/watch?v=xbcMI0FjlBg

anyway i think it's fine. haven't actually played black so can't say much. but if you don't have xbox then might as well play sigma. it's not like there's much choice unless you really want to buy xbox.

sigma is way easier than black

its worse than black but still ok
the difficulty got nerfed and it has new graphics in some areas
watch the sword intro online because they removed it from sigma

for more info some puzzles were removed and a later boss fight has the wrong music
also if you're at the very end of the game with the ghost fish, don't skip the door loading animation or you'll fall through the floor and have to reload.

It's okay. It gets worse if you intend to play the harder difficulties and master the game. You start to see its flaws.

There's a lot of small changes to level design and enemy placement that don't fundamentally change the game. The changes that matter are:
>New UI (which honestly I like less than Black's, especially the pause menu)
>Doesn't have as many unlockable bonuses, including less costumes and no emulated NES trilogy/Arcade ROMs.
>New weapon: dual katanas (a bit too strong and not the most fun weapon in the game but it's good)
>You start the game with only the Dragon Sword like in NG Vanilla whereas Black started you off with Nunchaku & Lunar as well IIRC, but you find those two very early in the city
>Bow can be fired in midair (this becomes VERY useful when you storm the Vigoor military base)
>Three short Rachel chapters; Rachel has a completely unique moveset where she uses different types of dodges and grabs to avoid enemy attacks
>Rachel also gets her own Missions in that mode)
So I'd say it's a slight upgrade unless you aren't a fan of the smaller tweaks on aggregate or you hate playing as Rachel. Sigma 2 is a downgrade from NG2 overall but has a lot of bonus content, and Razor's Edge is the only way to play 3.

it's only sigma 2 that's really bad compared to the xbox version. sigma 1 IS worse than black, but only marginally, because of it being easier and having shit rachel levels. but it's a decent alternative if you really don't want to get an xbox 360 for the originals.

Sigma is just slightly worse than Black.

Sigma 2 is roughly comparable to Gaiden 2 despite of what xbots say and neither of them is particularly great in comparison to the first one

Thank you all very much.

sigma1 is good.
sigma2 is the bad one.

How's 3?

its good enough. The worst part is probably the load screens. black was godly with that, sigma not so much.

>>You start the game with only the Dragon Sword like in NG Vanilla whereas Black started you off with Nunchaku & Lunar as well IIRC, but you find those two very early in the city

in black you start with nunchucks in hard and above, lunar appears in CH2 at normal, CH1 at hard, and you get it at the start at VH and master. The time you get lunar and nunchucks is really long though. By the time you get lunar you already have dragon sword lvl 2, and chucks are basically useless.

Vanilla 3 is just a bad game. Razor's Edge is one of the stronger salvage jobs in games I can think of.

Is Razor's Edge worth getting if I enjoy 1 and 2?

Razor's Edge is more of a Sigma title.

Sigma is alright, Sigma 2 cuts down the number of enemies on screen, also removes blood and limbs flying around.

What's so good about Black? I'm not going to replay a Ninja Gaiden game for the puzzles, and I find myself coming back to NG2 a lot.
youtube.com/watch?v=QLJ5vXH5yb4

Yes, it's absolutely worth playing if you have no access to an Xbox. Black is better but it's by no means butchered.
Pick up Sigma 2 if you can't get II otherwise, but understand that this one really is a quantifiably inferior experience.

What makes Sigma 2 worse than 2?

Where does
>FOUL DRAGON NINJA
come from? I didn't hear it in Sigma.

Don't be so afraid of the game, Sigma and Black can both be beaten on Normal by anyone.

Basically the PS3 couldn't handle having as many enemies on screen as the 360 version, so they halved the numbers of enemies on screen, then give the remaining enemies buffs. It fucks with the flow of combat for sure.

How is it easier? Is it just the more abundant shops and save points?

Not really, even though they did their best to recover it it's still a mediocre game at best.

I don't think the original flow of combat was that important to preserve when it devolved into spamming i-frames to avoid the exploding kunai spam.

did the original have this room too?
I always grind here on almost every playthough

Attached: 2019-07-11-132321.png (960x544, 696K)

Pretty sure it did, it's one of the demon challenges.

Thanks
I've actually only played the vita versions of NG 1 and 2. Love them though, 1 especially gets a playthough every year from me

Attached: 2019-07-11-231802.png (960x544, 686K)

yes. But if you play above normal you dont have to grind

Sigma is a bit easier and has a couple of stages missing and that's it. Sigma has way more weapon variety tho.

It lacks gore.

they took this bit right out of OOT

>using i-frames in ninja gaiden is bad
Shit you read on Yea Forums.

A complete downgrade in every way. Do not play the Sigma versions. Ever.

Fuck off, retard.

I replayed Black a few weeks ago (although just on normal) why do you have to grind anywhere but maybe at the last tower if you want every weapon maxed?

I want every weapon maxed

All you need is the nunchucks.

*dragon sword

Don't listen to these assholes, Razor's Edge is fucking great but skip the og release. Probably legitimately the hardest too, but everyone will blame the game instead of themselves because skinwalker cookie didn't direct it.

kill the clones and black cats with an ET and you will have enough money forever.

It still has shitty boss fights.

Staple to the series my dude.

>t. xbox bandwagoner who played on lower difficulties

you can play Black on the Bone

Based. Fuck NG2 and it's apologists. Terrible, terrible fucking balancing.

Attached: unnamed (1).jpg (900x900, 173K)