"that part" is so fucking atrocious it brings down the quality of the game as a whole

>"that part" is so fucking atrocious it brings down the quality of the game as a whole
Name the game

Attached: 2123B033-69EF-4D70-AB58-04CFD0704938.jpg (403x335, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1-oxRS8-m4
youtube.com/watch?v=mIN80qKYx1s
youtube.com/watch?v=zIrPudC0pBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every single boss in PQ2

*persona Q in general
ftfy

The entirety of FE Shadows of Valentia

>Twilight Princess
>tears of light trials

almost gave up on playing it, it felt like a fucking chore

Chapter 13 of Final Fantasy XV pre-patch. Nothing beats a "high fantasy" game of running through a series of corridors for two whole hours with nothing but a useless magic ring to defend yourself with. Post-patch turns the ring from useless to absolutely broken, which replaces one problem with another.

Any ground battle in Rogue Squadron 3

The plot in FE Conquest. Or the Triumvirate of hard chapters in FE Conquest.

Chapter 2 of TTYD

Fuck this place

Attached: September_Screenshot_2017_04_29_16_34_39.jpg (1400x788, 225K)

>The plot in FE Conquest.
This
I know it's Fire Emblem but holy shit it's just so bad

route B in Nier 2.

like maybe it could have been a 6.5/10 if you didn't have to play the whole game a second time

Medarace in Medabots RPG

Triforce shards

Any fight with Urizen 1 in DMC5

Really? Not chapter 7?

I think they could have integrated the two routes together and people would have liked it more. Fighting as the shota got boring quick.

chapter 2 in TTYD
the repetitive parts of chapters 3 and 6
the backtracking in chapters 4 and 7
it's still like a 8 or 9/10 tho

Attached: 2019-08-04 20_32_13-Dolphin 5.0-5931 _ JIT64 DC _ Vulkan (experimental) _ LLE _ FPS_ 59 - VPS_ 59 - (279x398, 24K)

the absolute worst part of persona 5, holy shit

Attached: 1557193106349.jpg (576x545, 33K)

Lost Izalith, but sometimes I actually looked forward to hating it

Cloister of Trials

They aren't even difficult puzzles but they just feel like a huge chore.

Attached: 1544222422232.jpg (460x288, 20K)

The last part of Conkers where they turn it into a 3rd person shooter

This shit not only breaks the pacing of the story, but is also boring as shit to 100%.

Attached: Yakuza5_SaejimaHunting.jpg (600x337, 217K)

I love all of that though

DS3 undead settlement - farron keep - catacombs. Most boring stretch of content in all of soulsborne.

Which one was that again? The Puni chapter? If so I agree. I also remember the spooky one where you had to backtrack a lot was shitty

How do you ruin space! Also Haru being introduced in a dungeon that hard counters her is retarted.

Well, technically it's not the whole game.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (640x480, 126K)

That rotating blade sausage in god of war kratos has to climb up to escape hell. Everytime you touch one of the blades you fall to the bottom

this but sky temple

that's wrong though

Chapter 9 of Celeste

>Half-Life 2
>Boat chapter
So fucking boring when I first played it, I nearly gave up.

>not FFXV in general

Shadow of war final boss being a qte.
Never have I uninstalled and repressed the memory of the game that fast.

The jumping puzzles ruin it, otherwise it's great.

In Oogie's Revenge, most of the game was very fun, but when i got to the point where i have to stop the clown with the tear away face and someone hand him an item i couldn't do it and just dropped it.

Aquas in Star Fox 64. Thankfully there are ways to skip it.

Shooting meteors in dead space.

Too bad it's the only way you can get to Zoness.

Attached: hive.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

gummi ship

V levels in dmcv

>Anything after Anor Londo in DS
I have never seen a game's quality take such a rapid nose dive before.

The inability to savescum in MGSV

This goes for any game.
Loading screens are plentiful and exceed 30 seconds. Unless im given something to fuck around with in the loading screen, then i can forgive the wait

The Fade.

Attached: Hola oscuridad, mi amigo viejo.jpg (607x340, 109K)

Blocking in DBZF

The Library

or

Cortana

Attached: 1511283571838.jpg (300x223, 110K)

tbf a lot of DS3 is like that. I just switch off after I beat Vordt and until I get to Irithyll, I just chalk everything off as a boring grey-ish blur

This. I remember getting it when it came out and just thinking "Just let me play as actual Link again holy shit."

triforce shards in wind waker

Act 2 in DQ 11.

deacons of the deep is so fucking unpleasant and at least with other boring areas there are fun bosses. Abyss Watchers is legit good and Wolnir looks cool and is fun if not a really stupid gimmick...

Fuck man do I only like DS3 because of the DLC Lothric and Irithyll? uh oh.

Xenogears Tower of Babel. A platforming section in an RPG where the loading of random battles will eat your jump inputs and knock you down to the bottom, forcing you to do it all over again.

That's actually the best, shut the fuck up

Did you not have fun running around as a nuke with 15 sec cooldown? The start is painfully slow I agree

The Fade is great though. Deep Roads are the worst.

Novigrad Arc

GTA V and the setup for the dock heist. I don't want to fucking spend 30 minutes doing shenmue dockworker shit, and I really don't give a shit about R*'s commentaries on unions that goes on in the background. Just let me rob shit without having to dick around in a crane for half an hour

Itsuno I love you but you gotta stop hamfistedly forcing your OCs down everyone's throat.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 53K)

>comfy music
>unique enemies
>lighting system seen nowhere else in the game, need to shoot to see
>no teammates to save
>not the best but still fun final boss
I dislike Sector Z way more

Attached: Sectorz.jpg (226x196, 9K)

This

Also, last 2 levels of System Shock 2 really left a bad taste in my mouth after absolutely loving the rest of it

Tekken 3
Stage 8 Nina
>just duck the highs and block the lows dude

ok hot take since it keeps showing up:

V in DMCV is good. Other characters in these games seem like variations of Dante and while I'm glad Nero got more than what he had in 4, V was something completely new. A little less precise, but it's fun to essentially do a continuous taunt and look all gothic edge while your minions continue to fight for you.

Really, the only missed opportunity with V was more variation. Phantom and maybe marionettes would've made the character much more interesting in subsequent playthroughs.

if i want to get into the full xenoblade stuff. should i just watch those games as movies?

Souls games
The fan base

The entirety of DS3 is one enormous "That area". People only tolerate that game because of the PvP and bosses.

I've only played Xenoblade 1 out of the *Blade games, but as far as I can tell they have nothing to do with Xenogears or Xenosaga aside from the similar name.

TTYD has so much backtracking it's ridiculous.

Bravely Default's "time loops" come to mind, though they weren't exactly time loops per say.
By the same token, the Silent Realms from Skyward Sword.

did anyone actually like wolf link segments? They were a fucking chore. Started playing Astral Chains last week and the moment they tasked me to use the beast legion to sniff around shit I just closed the game and did something else. Fuck your piece of fucking shit doggo mechanics just let me pet them.

also spider man ps4, miles/mj segments can suck a fucking dick.

It was rushed out the gate like every first-party Gamecube game. If it actually had time to flesh out its areas it would unironically be Nintendo's best game.

That one chest in FFVI that forced you into a fight against a deathsentence of a elite mob.
Also fuck magitech factory with the curse spamming robutts

In 3, I agree

the investigations in astral chain. absolute pointless anti-fun filler.

Endgame of Prey 2017, loading screens in that game just take forever and at that point you spend a lot of time going between areas

Haruka's chapter in Yakuza 5.
The rhythm game isn't challenging enough to not be a chore and the japanese """"comedic timing"""" segment- oh god

>that one investigation where you end up fighting a gang of regular peeps
that was fucking good but then I was sorely disappointed to realize it wasn't going to happen ever again.

Im literally just starting here. Wow haha

kosmos though

Skyward Sword is like a whole compilation of various "those parts". But if you want something that's a minority part of the game, Clanker's Cavern in Banjo Kazooie and the FPS segments of Tooie are definitely "those parts" as well.

>lighting system seen nowhere else in the game, need to shoot to see
which gets boring because you're just firing torpedoes over and over.
>no teammates to save
saving teammates adds tension. aquas is boring without it.
>not the best but still fun final boss
it's a bullet sponge that hardly fights back
>I dislike Sector Z way more
it's not great but the missiles add tension since you have to take them out quickly. plus it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Would've been cool if the final boss was the summation of every thing that the player struggled with? Like if you died repeatedly to dual wielding orcs, the final boss would use dual wield swords. The game is all about the nemimis system so it would feel only appropriate for the final boss to be tailored to your failures.

>because of the pvp
which DS2 did better

super paper mario chapter 2-3
>just make some money dude lol
>just jump and hit the block a few times and then just hold right for a bit
what a waste of fucking time, you just know they ran out of ideas for this part, the amount of money you have to make by the time you get to the safe is so unnecessarily longer than it needs to be
the only bad point in an otherwise above average game

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

You can let the beast legion though

>those fuckers that pop out of the wall
>vines that constantly block your view
>pillars that shoot up from the ground for no reason then break immediately after
>arrows that can follow you through the whole level if you don't unload them
>framerate issues
>those fucking flies that hover at the top of that spring if you fall down to a lower path
god i fucking hate aquatic ruin. the music is the only redeeming factor to this whole fucking zone

Attached: 1566718333979.jpg (650x2000, 608K)

stairs/elevator in FF7

Clanker's Cavern, really? I found Mad Monster Manor more annoying with the pumpkin backtracking, or Click Clock Woods if you fall when you're so high up, or Rusty Bucket Bay's 1-hit KO threats.

Thats a cool fucking idea my dude.

Attached: 1564302734232.jpg (343x343, 14K)

It's social commentary on the futility of wage slavering.

if that was the only interaction along fighting I'd be okay. I aint petting that shit for sniffing around.

>any bit with Kai Leng
>the entirety of the ending
>the geth consensus mission

I will never not be mad

Attached: nope.png (570x300, 179K)

>mash X to open
>no change in animation depending on how fast you mash

The scenery and music are pretty but there are very little NPC's and most is walking, walking, walking... through the same places all over again. Undyne doesn't even appear that much. It's the only part of the game where I considered quitting.

Attached: Waterfallsoundtrack.png (640x480, 17K)

yeah but then people would die to the weakest on purpose

the entire oil rig area

Attached: file.png (1600x900, 1.41M)

Undertale's gameplay is pretty shit outside of battles. The Genocide route is by far the worst part of the game, though. Pure boring grinding.

Let em have it. For the rest the final boss would be more challenging
Literally anything is better than "press B" at this poiny

I don't think a single person liked them. I remember getting a headache from it because the gross filter over everything when I was a kid, and because I was just a small lad I couldn't figure out where all the bugs were quickly, so it took me a long ass time to get out of it. I was able to get them fairly quickly when I replayed some of TP awhile back, but it still wasn't fun.

9/10 to 0/10 in one mission

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 63K)

Bayonetta. I'm not going to even bother naming which part, there's no need.

>not the space chapter where you just go through black holes until you found the right one
the rest of the game is still fun though

Half the time you couldn't see shit because it was all gloomy and dark n shit

"It's almost like the game clearly wants you to realize being evil's not worth it"

the last level in DXHR

The windy mountain bit in Blasphemous. Fuck that part and fuck you if you like it.

Attached: mfwdemons.gif (381x512, 536K)

The bike and on-rails shooter sections, right?
Way to go then, locking the two most interesting bosses behind such a tedious and boring snooze fest to get to them.

Not him, and I get what it was going for, but I don;t think the game should outright discourage you from completing it fully.
I feel like a more gameplay-friendly approach would have been to actually make the battles mind-numbingly easy. enemies do no damage and go down in 2-3 turns. It still would've been a god case-study of how being evil is isn't fun, but it wouldn't have been a long unsatisfying slog. Just a short one

>Child Link in OOT
>Poe Hunt
>Anything involving Hyrule field
>Magic bean sidequest
>Fishing minigame
>All child Link cutscenes
>Skulltula hunt
So many boring parts

Any platforming in Astral Chain holy shit especially mid combat

Attached: 1516498721885.png (800x733, 391K)

the fishing minigame is the bane of my existence whenever i want to 100% OoT
it's so unforgiving when you fuck up catching the fish
what were they thinking?

Wait, it's actually possible to complete this quest the wrong way? When that Yahzee faggot reviewed this game years ago he gave the same complaint and I assumed he was just memeing. Are you faggots serious? You actually EARNED THE MONEY TO PAYBACK THE DEBT INSTEAD IF JUST STEALING THE EXACT AMOUNT FROM THE HIDDEN CHEST?

HOLY FUCK HAHAHAHAHA you niggas are fuckjng retarded. You're not supposed to actually earn the goddamned money. You're supposed to steal it and then the green Spider loli bitches at you for cheating. I didn't even know you could earn the money the old fashioned way.

Attached: 1567271762781.gif (500x281, 1.79M)

Replaying skyward sword now and the silent realms are easy.. only took me two tries for both desert and volcano, got the forest on the first. There's only one or two difficult lights to get in each map, the rest is just run around and take it slow

HL2 before you get the gunboat is an absolute chore. After that it's smooth sailing (lel)

That's not even what I have a problem with. Its so hard to actually find the fish that you want and even harder to get them to bite. Also, I'm pretty actually catching the fish is random since it has a chance to just break free at any tme.

Those levels in Katamari Damacy where you have to get the largest bear or cow but you can only get one of them or the level is over

Why do retards hate undead settlement and catacombs? DaS3 has some bad levels but neither of those are bad.

i'm sure you probably can if you're masochistic, but i was talking about the amount of time you need to waste by the time you get enough money to pay the guy to tell you the password for the safe
it's still a solid 15-20 minutes of just jumping and running

The whole entire first third of the game is terrible because of it and ruins the ability to replay the game, other 3d zeldas have the same problem of bad pacing in the first hour because of tutorials and being restricted to a small area but this game is the worst example, it's the first dozen hours or so, you have to unlock the are you just discovered to be able to play it as Link, to properly play it.
No one likes wolf form other than furries, because all your abilities are restricted and everything that makes Zelda into Zelda is removed.

You have to earn a certain amount of money regardless, in order to buy a hint for the code to the safe. Pretty sure you’re the dumbass here.

Grinding for arrowheads in Psychonauts so you can get the Cobweb Duster. As funny as the Milkman level is, it can also get really tedious.

Attached: BoydSmile.png (400x400, 192K)

Lmao get filtered personabab

platforming in astral chain

City levels in Doom 2

i did it so many times that i memorized where the fish
it probably is random, but the fish will decide to not emerge again for another 30 minutes at least, i had to keep turning off and on the console everytime to try again
pure bullshit

Exploring the areas is pretty fun though. The second tears of light section is kind of boring, but the other two have some really cool moments.

Fucking this.

Atlantica in KH1.

*where the fish was

>give 9S a neat hacking gimmick
>run into the ground by it being the only thing you’ll do during combat with no variety in the patterns
>only time they get experimental with it is the final boss
9S almost ruins the games in a multitude of ways

The only good thing about these levels is that you can just beat the level instantly. I dont think you get anything for getting a max size object.

True, but Smouldering Lake/Demon Ruins manage to be much worse.

Chapter 3 in Mother 3, the first time through it's a unique story, on any subsequent playthroughs it's just slow.

Using the dousing rod when you are fighting Linda under the lake you can find thousands of arrow heads in seconds
This is hinted at if you read the giant log out in the parking lot of the camp

Played the ps2 and pc versions, what's wrong with this mission exactly? I had trouble flying until I learned you need to retract the wheels or you can't fly higher.

This except the mission where you have to keep a katamari on fire

Came here to post that.

Chrono Trigger, it doesn't quite hit its stride until retrieving the Masamune.

>being evil
>defending yourself against creatures that are trying to kill you
>evil
And people called me crazy when I said tumblrtale was some cringe ass mkultra pacifism program.

The water section in MGS2 is so bad you have to wonder why Kojima even kept it in the game.

Any planet in KOTOR that isnt the Sith one.

How did you fall for that shit and give them money when Shadow of Mordor did the exact same goddamn thing like 4 years before Shadow of War?

Honestly all of the big shell is like that.

Meant to say shadow of mordor back there. Guess i got confused

fort hagen in fallout 4. at that point in the game (for the most part) you are not equipped for synth's good damage resistance, leading you to get your cheeks clapped at an advanced pace

Every explore part of three houses

Car was worse, no scratches or failure.

you can literally not bother with that for the vast majority of the game

dante's inferno had a similar segment that i kept fucking up

Those are the best levels, and they're optional if you're a tastelet who doesn't think alternate challenges are fun in a game.

I slogged through most of the game hoping for at least a mediocre finish but FUCK, the corridor ending made me drop it.

Base management and recruitment in Phantom Pain. The game had other problems but holy fuck was this a waste of time.

wym that game was pretty good, youre just a zoomer faggot who dickrides fateswakening

>No one likes wolf form other than furries
Huh, I thought it was cool so I guess that checks out. They could have fleshed that mechanic out a bit more though.

forgot to add that KELLOGG CAN FUCKING TURN INVISIBLE

i almost rage quit too many times to count

The motorcycle part of Bayo 1 that goes on for way too fucking long and isn't challenging or fun

The afterburner part of Bayo 1 that goes on for WAY too fucking long, is too hard and not fun, and is required to do before every attempt at the last Jeanne fight

Attached: Bayonetta+Infinite+Climax+Mode..+We+require+more+Candy_37b358_4878223.jpg (487x600, 62K)

the only reason I stuck this out was the characters and time sink. If this happened 10 hours into an FF game I would have dropped it

Motherfucking Skelkatraz.

agreed
fuck that shit

*Absolutely obliterates you*

Attached: 1567206883191.jpg (737x702, 117K)

silent realms were cool imo

That mission in MGSV after you extract Codetalker and your helicopter crashes at the airport and you're forced to fight a bunch of Skulls with barely any cover was a fucking nightmare

Get good, the actual dungeons are the slogs. The fourth dungeon in both games almost made me drop them.

Taris from KOTOR

Attached: 521b92d844aa8.jpg (1920x1080, 270K)

just noticed is a modified version. i meant the normal one

Having to roll through a level just to not be walking the whole fucking time was stupid.

This. The whole dwarven town is shit as well, basically that whole section of the game is turbo aids

The bosses are the best part fag

The stupidest enemy in F4 was the mirelurk queen in the minutemen fort. That thing twoshot through X-01. Not to mention how fucking boring the faction quests could be.

all three swamps in ds3

Bravely Default. I won't spoil it but it completely ruined the flow of the game.

Fuck you, Turbine is great. It's not like you're forced to play it, either.

This would honestly be a great level if it wasn't so poorly paced.

This, its not a bad area but it really overstays its welcome and is probably the most boring planet to look at aesthetically

Honestly I think new londo and totg are fine levels, dukes and kiln are just boring and the only truly shit level is izalith and 70% of that is due to the boss

Chronicles of Riddick, the caves. Goes from being a sneaky shanking simulator to OOGA BOOGA ALIENS AND ZOMBIES ALWAYS CHASIN' YOU NIGGA GRAB THAT LASER GUN

>turbine is great
Turbine sucks dick, man. Choke points are too frequent to have fun casually, and even compfags hate it for being too big for sixes

Mine was either of the tank planets in SF 64, at least last time I was playing it. The R button didn't work on my controller, so I couldn't hover and I couldn't strafe to the right.

i was referring to relative to your power at that point in the game but i do agree that mirelurk queen is a booty hoe and faction quests are pointless grinding

It's so frustrating that literally everything about Twlight Town is the best aside from the actual gameplay

>Best aesthetic of any area
>Best music
>Best boss
>Best partner
>Coolest gimmick with losing your body

But then the actual gameplay is going through the same tiny hallway full of annoying enemies like four times. If the level and chapter design was even just on par with the rest of the game Chapter 4 would easily be the best chapter of the game

The last level of the original Turok. It's stupid fucking long compared to any other level in the game.

Any of the first 4 levels in Serious Sam 3 can qualify, really.

Attached: Into_the_Spider's_Nest_-_Image.jpg (640x480, 71K)

Combat in Nier Automata. Yes, you can do some flashy shit, but it's pointless and inefficient.

Was Pikmin 1/2 rushed?

kosmos doesn't appear in Xenoblade 1

Being cursed in Dark Souls.

>he got cursed

Attached: 1525841620117.png (1139x1079, 470K)

Pikmin 1, probably. Pikmin 2? Not at all.

>backtracking in chapter 7
Holy fuck, finding that goddamn bob-omb is a fucking bore.
What the hell were they thinking?

Attached: 1484969945217.png (266x367, 126K)

Bro you just posted cringe

Attached: hqdefault[3].jpg (480x360, 32K)

Jesus Christ are console loading times still this long? I play on PC and some games load so fast I can't even read the tips on the loading screens.

Attached: 1550352666703.webm (240x320, 1.45M)

>Namco ruined Loading Screens for every single game, just because they felt so proud they had the idea first and patented it
>they only used it a few times, and it was just shitty Galaga every time
>by the time the jingle ended, the game had already finished loading
Fucking Namco.

Attached: 1541081588665.png (226x226, 4K)

I love when loading screens do that, it helps to lessen the pain.

Neither is being nice
or being normal

These so much, but also the opening tutorial, holy shit it's so long and boring, I feel like the game only picks up when you save the kid Colin on the bridge
Idk why I always enjoy this part kek. I guess because I pick some up along the way when I replay the game

The Messenger
I loved the game's pace and enjoyed the design a lot up until it fuckingturned into a metroidvania.
dropped not long after

The Nightmare fights in DMC1. Loved the rest of the game but those were so unfun that I refuse to revisit the game because of them. All 3 of them made me soft drop the game for a week each.

Every world in kingdom hearts 1 is “that part” in some way

you mean 30 seconds?

Lol what. That game wa good. Go back to playing fates faggot

I completely agree with it being the worst stretch of gameplay in the series-and you’re forced to slog through it with the same weapons every single run

Attached: DamnedChessmen.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

GTA V, the entire middle of the game is awful, the entire game suddenly go from linear to railroaded, with shitload of filler missions with little gameplay elements.

KH1 aged like milf becouse of the awful level design
I got ptsd from all the platforming I had to do

THAT FUCKING MAZE FROM BRAWL. It took me fucking weeks to beat that shit.

Attached: 913.gif (221x231, 516K)

>aged like milf
Eh.

The combat in Deadly Premonition brings it down from a 15/10 to a 10/10

I think the in-world justification is the enemies communicate in a way that physically hurts humans, and they had no intention of hurting you in the first place because they don't know any better.

Hmmm... The leg exercises in Fitness Boxing where you only have sensors in your hands?

That's Metro 2033 plot

Papyrus (as goofy as he is), Undyne, Asgore (SPECIALLY Asgore) and Muffet (I think?) were intentionally trying to kill you.

there is a gigantic difference between defending yourself and systematically killing literally everything

I liked it because of his spearchuck and air launches, but also raced to the end of the main quest.

They should have seriously just removed it from the rereleases. It was only shoehorned in in the first place, it adds nothing.

Backtracking on Blasphemous.
Had to drop it, even when bossfights were great fun, and art direction was great, it just wasnt worth fucking around wondering where to go for 20 minutes, again.

>ctrl+f
>"water levels"
>0 results
disappointed in you guys

Attached: b441ed2723917de1c879f32e11f799ec438d3de2aa3bf3720c3279baa1eaf199.jpg (570x533, 48K)

Undead Settlement is just boring and uninspired. Catacombs absolutely is bad.

Those bosses had specific motivations for trying to kill you and can be dealt in ways that doesn't involve killing them, which is one of the core ideas of the game.

Also, Papyrus never actually kills you, he just throws you in his dog house.

Great music though, would be stuck in my head for days after

Not liking water levels is for underageb&s

>game you love
>decide to replay it
>get to the first boss
>don't wanna play it anymore
>weeks later, wanna replay it again
>the first levels now feel repetitive just because you've played it so many times
>it becomes "that part" despite not even being bad

Attached: 1566292952345.jpg (597x596, 57K)

Boss fights in Deus Ex Human Revolution

>MGS2
>Plant

Yeah, but we were talking about self defense. It makes complete sense that Frisk would defend themselves against monsters that are factually trying to murder him. The first thing you think about self defense is to fight back, not to talk to your opponent into submission. It makes complete sense for Frisk to try to kill Undyne out of self defense, yet the game preaches against it as if it's wrong to defend yourself in situation that pose a very real threat to you. Not that I give a shit, I'm just rationalizing what the other user was trying to say.

The swamplands level in resident evil 5 where you have to drive the boat about

It's crazy that you brought this up, my little brother was playing that exact level over and over yesterday to grind for money

They’re at least over quickly, but yeah they’re immensely shitty. Mankind Divided was somehow worse
>1 boss in the entire game
>throw an EMP grenade at him and use preanimated takedown move
>win

the last level alone is worse than all of them combined

The Fade in DA:O after you've done it once before

The zombie mission in SR3 after which a ton of bridges and stuff in the environment is permanently altered. Really bothers me.

The kid levels in Fable 1 and 2---they are just fucking tedious.

The moment in Fallout 4, sometime after building your first settlement, when you realise half the game hasn't been built yet: it's up to you to painstakingly, single-handedly, rebuild and repopulate the entire region.

The higher levels in NFSMW (2005) when the opponent AI just rubberbands all over the fucking place---Golf GTIs overtaking my currently-196mph Gallardo.

Attached: 34 - numagqk.jpg (761x960, 72K)

volt krakens stage in x5

Wait really?
That was an already retarded bug in DX:HR! You could one shot one of the boss while he was climbing over a wall using the takedown mechanism.

GET INTO THE FUCKING HOLE YOU BLUE FUR PIECE OF SHIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: beaver bother.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Shinobu sections in No More Heroes 2. Would've been slightly better if we just got a dedicated Henry level there instead of one boss fight.

The ending of xenoblade chronicles.

V in DMC5. Don't want to replay the game as much because I have to use him.

can't believe no one posted it yet
the nosferatu warrens in VTMB
in addition to being the most annoying "dungeon" type of content in the game, they also mark the start of where the game distinctly transitions from the great RPG it was to just strictly combat and nothing else. it disrupts the flow of hollywood, which could have been the best hub if it had more content, and sends you to ch*natown.

Attached: D9BD8E26398DB0272BA61064535993CD02696536[1].jpg (1024x768, 170K)

While the game does not let you get the "perfect good" ending, if you do kill in self-defense the game addresses that if you don't feel obligated to do the nice thing you don't have to. Genocide of course is not self defense but very deliberately evil.

The fact that you aren't allowed to use recruit pokemon in basically every single story mission of the game is really obnoxious.

Attached: dims.jpg (425x476, 73K)

I don't know why the fuck Kamiya did it

I certainly don't know why the fuck he made it as ungodly fucking long as he did

and I CERTAINLY don't know why the fuck he put the best boss in the game behind it without a fucking chapter break

Attached: Afterbullshit.jpg (590x336, 28K)

>the rest of the game sucks ass but one minigame/part of it is so good it almost redeems the game
Bet Yea Forums can't answer this one

Fable 3, the Board Game quest.

The final boss of space marine really, really makes it hard to call it "good", because even though the rest of the game was top-notch, the Press X to not die final boss really, really fucked it for me.

Most of his story was boring. Still don't understand what the point of those dream sequences was.

The DLCs of Fallout 3 (excluding Mothership Zeta).

Operation Anchorage was garbage as well.

5-2 in Demon's Souls
Lost Izalith in Dark Souls
Shrine of Amana in Dark Souls 2
Chalice Dungeons in Bloodborne
I literally cannot remember anything about Dark Souls 3

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 49K)

the entirety of max payne 1
>guns are extremely inaccurate have to spam bullets until the enemy is dead
>savescumming is a must to properly get through the game

yea I beat it, just an awful game.

Attached: 1553274075003.jpg (616x353, 19K)

Maybe. But in the other areas the tension and desire to follow through the story allow you to keep going. Here it's all dead and nebulous.

The swamp boss from Sly Cooper.

Attached: florida-2nd-alligaotr-attack.jpg (618x410, 98K)

I liked it, but fair enough. Can we agree that The Pitt and Point Lookout were good?

Oh fuck, I thought flash games were genius for having loading screen games. Turns out it was patented all along.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 53K)

>very deliberately evil
It's a fucking video game. It's not my fault the devs force you to grind just to access the only two good parts of the game.

lmao no responses.
If you haven't beaten the library on legendary you're actually a hopeless halo baby

Yeah, and Broken Steel was inoffensive.

That implies that defending yourself from someone or something that's trying to murder you is a bad thing, which it's really not.

Rex VS. Ray in MGS4

The train is one of the best chapters faggot, Poshley Heights was awesome

Did gates to infinity or super mystery dungeon change this? I've been thinking of getting into the series again but minor things like that have been putting me off

That's Chapter 6 you spanner. Chapter 7 is the moon base.

Came to post this.

I don't know if anyone but me played it but there's indie game called Doom & Destiny Advanced. Well the last third of the game has you fighting void enemies in most encounters, even random encounters. These enemies begin the fight with 6 stacks of void shield that will negate everything you do to them. You have to use an item on them to remove the shields so you can fight them properly. It makes every fight very tedious at that point when you have to do this inane shit before you can even fight the enemies.

As if that isn't bad enough, if you replay on challenge mode you need to play like a fucking TAS to beat it. I have no idea what they were thinking with that difficulty.

It's still a problem in GTI and SMD, but because of SMD's new recruitment system gives you high level pokemon that are still worth using outside of the story dungeons.

In TDS recruits are useless since you still have to level them but you can hardly ever use them.

They made this easier in the remake and you know what? I don't give a fuck, it was the bane of my childhood.

>not playing on m+kb with acceleration off
cringe.

The multiplayer in 64 DS
The game itself was neutered as fuck without analog movement, but holy shit I spent so much time with my brother and sister playing those minigames. hell, multiplayer normal play wasn't half bad either
Wario was broken as shit though, fuck that hat

The fucking Fade

>The part at the end when you have to go back to every place you've already beaten
The puni chapter only sucked so much because those little shits were so hard to control. That backtracking sequence at the end has no fucking excuse tho.

Attached: 1559731021773.jpg (500x375, 24K)

Doesn't wario suck ass? He's outclassed by the bros and is on par with yoshi

I liked the idea of V,and found it quite interesting to play for a small amount of time, but then it got real boring, and my fingers started to ache, though the aching fingers was something i had all the way through 5. Its a good game, dont get my wrong, but i feel like every enemy has 70% too much hp

>no fucking excuse tho.
It was a stunt a lot of JRPGs pulled, making you do a bunch of backtracking at the end. It's still a shitty excuse.

The escape from Ingram in Final Fantasy Type 0.

I got the platinum for DMC1 a while ago, and Nightmare 3 on DMD difficulty is perhaps the hardest fight in any DMC. I got through it eventually with a cheese method using Ifrit's fully charged attacks. Apparently his orbs gain resistances from the amount of attacks, not the total damage, so a few massive hits is how to beat him. Still hard as fuck though, if his big spinning thing touches you, its basically a failed attempt

He sucks in gameplay but in VS. he takes like 3 hits to knock down and takes hats off of Yoshi in a single hit
His low mobility isn't a problem when you HAVE to approach him to win

That fucking part with the peace talks near the end of Act 2 where you go from city to city for hours with long loading times, long treks to the cities' thrones, and a new skit at every location

Attached: 85612-tales-of-the-abyss-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1128, 225K)

WHATEVER RETARDED FAGGOT PIECE OF SHIT DECIDED THIS SHOULD BE IN THE GAME, I HOPE THEY'RE FUCKING DEAD

it was a lot harder when I was a kid but I still hate it

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 22K)

Dark Chronicle, fantastic game. But i could really do without the forest level. Massive trees you need the ridepod to kill, at a time when its not that tanky, a million status effects, including Gooey, a gift from satan himself, and those godforsaken pixies, rushing at you for a one shot kill, only to then run in to FUCKING MOLES, who are untargetable 80% of the time, and firing slowing orbs the other 20%. And dont think of going near them, the fuckers have a continuous jump animation that deals damage, and i mean A LOT of damage. Fuck them

Attached: Dark Chronicle.png (220x312, 168K)

Wasn't it also the only area that forced you to grind a monster form? Why did they even add that shit to the game, all the monster forms were incredibly weak

Every single ice level that has ever existed.

Pleb filter.

Yeah you had to get a flora form, but it was quite easy to get i think. I actually got the platinum a while back, and even the medalhead trophy wasnt as tedious as the monster one. I had to raise all monsters up through to their end level evolution. Even a maxed out monster is utter garbage. Had to roll around the Zelmite mines killing things with the ridepod, then switching to the dragon form to collect the exp. Still one of my favourite games of all time, if just for the music, but they made some questionable choices there

Also shoutout to Spheda for being one of the very few mini-games that i actually enjoyed in any game

Taking a castle or town in Warband lol

the entire quest system in starbound

that game had such potential. god, what a waste.

see

Git gud or go back to bethesda.

Thanks, but I prefer Deus Ex.
Also, it's not about getting good (the game is piss easy), it's about having to redo the last 40 minutes because someone randomly noticed you and ruined the perfect stealth run.

Deadly Premonition is one of my all-time favorite games, but that Thomas reveal... woof.

finding arrowheads was a bitch until i realized on pc you could use the controller button and the keyboard binding together to pull out arrowheads easy as fuck

Cave missions in EDF

>getting an S gives you free high skilled volunteers
>auto-sorting staff is extremely efficient
What's the problem.

The Fade in Dragon Age: Origins.

I use the mod to skip every fucking time as it adds literally NOTHING to the game except padding at its absolute worst

>But muh statboosts

No, fuck you.

Attached: 1542032253647.gif (374x312, 2.33M)

The "races" to unlock characters for the gang are so fucking awful that the second time the game asked me to do them for the next round of characters I just dropped the game and never bothered with it again

Attached: jet-set-radio-img-4.jpg (462x260, 36K)

Chocobo hot and cold in FF9. I went through that garbage once so I could go beat Ozma and I'll never do it again. Same for FF10 and the asinine bullshit you have to go through to get ultimate weapons for some of them. Why does Square have such a fetish for gating content like that behind poorly made minigames?

There's only like two times you have to race in JSR, and both of them are laughably easy, the rest you're just copying the moves of the other characters.
Also, you know recruiting characters is 100% optional, right?

Terrydactyl land is much worse than grunty industries

Byrgenwerth is kind of a let down. It really ought to have been a Cathedral Ward sized area. Still a perfect game in most regards and maybe the best of this gen

Attached: 1jGDmhg.jpg (500x500, 48K)

It's trash and I hate it, all that matters bucko

CORRECT

So just don't do it then, bucko

when you have to run the blast furnace and a cold place to change the heat sensitive card key in metal gear solid

Just knowing the races exist makes me fucking SEETHE in anger pal

Peragus from KOTOR 2 and The Fade from DAO

i actually almost stopped playing the fucking game here

desu with how awful the last boss ended up being i wouldnt have been much worse off

They would make you seethe if you just git gud

Fuck Backup, Back Down

I sincerely hope you're referring to Arkham rather than Vergil 3 because Arkham was a shit boss and Vergil 3 is arguably one of the best bosses in the series

You can savescum in MGSV though.
I did a perfect playthrough by backing up my save before every time I deployed, just play offline and copy/paste your save bro.
Playing offline also has the benefit of your GMP not going to the gayboy online bank so you don't lose all your GMP when the servers are down.

I too love swamp and desert maps.

I liked them. But kamoshidaman was really the only true challenge since you has very little to work with

Attached: 1559151653865.webm (482x910, 2.43M)

Fucking Guarma
What was even the point

Attached: guarma-768x432.jpg (768x432, 37K)

2B's injury in Nier Automata. Holy hell was it a drag.

A couple of the humanoid boss fights in Nioh? That game is just so trash.

AAAAAAHHHH Fuck that mission. Fuck that fucking mission fuck.

the fucking cubes in dmc3

Attached: dense.png (275x306, 132K)

ff9 disk 4

Man, I love Bayonetta but it had some frustrating-ass passages. Playing on Hard was the exact opposite of fun.

Dark Cloud had way worse sections. Paired with the janky controls... oh man.

>Getting through Infinite Climax just for the sake of knowing that I did it.

None of you know what pain is

Attached: 1566756819553.gif (480x270, 2.03M)

Fuck this old faggot

Attached: 1D1CD333-E4AA-49E2-9E2E-4443237A767C.jpg (210x240, 13K)

Kamiya has the weirdest boner for fucking Space Harrier and it's honestly obnoxious.

Why? No Act 2 means no Act 3, and the game turns from "best JRPG of the decade" to "random trash".

the forest maze dungeon
youtube.com/watch?v=X1-oxRS8-m4

Attached: arcadia.jpg (1542x2154, 609K)

Agreed, damage sponge aliens, and that one time I forgot the navigation chip or whatever was in the ship hull.

I think I have played way too much of this thing when I have absolutely no problem with anything the game throws at me... Not that I can get Pure Platinum trophies on that difficulty without save scumming my way through.

grinding for souls in Dark Souls 1
I never beat it without soul farming

Attached: 1457641171497.jpg (267x187, 12K)

Attached: 55-Breath_of_Fire_IV_01006.jpg (640x480, 37K)

Lost Izalith
New Londo too
Catacombs too
Archives too... come to think of it, DkS1 is fucking shit.

>Grinding in a souls game
For what purpose?

Blighttown fucking blows but Lost Izalith is just straight up unfinished so I'd have to pick that

Compared to Symphonia this whole game was a slog. I really don't understand why people like this game when it's basically a downgrade in every single way outside of having free run.

the whole game is "that part"

Attached: marz.jpg (1600x1074, 272K)

HAVING to play as this cunt ruined the game for me

Attached: V.png (1382x4247, 2.14M)

Basically the entire combat portion of every Alan Wake game

>run backwards in a circle while shining a flashlight on the enemy and hope you don't run out of batteries

But that's tedious as fuck.

Ehhh Peragus isn't terrible. I think the Star Forge in KOTOR 1 is worse. Unless you have an ungodly amount of Medkits getting through that last level is a chore and even if you do have them its still a chore to slog through all the Dark Jedi and Sith Troopers. Not to mention that even if you stop to try and regen and heal using the force you still have enemies coming from both directions.

Character switching in action games like DMC is just awful in general. You just get into a groove with your character and suddenly get forced to play some other chucklefuck. They should have just given DMC5 3 separate campaigns rather than forcing character switching.

this level is fucking difficult, you have to face the shitty halo 2 brutes combined with the flood and you mostly only have covenant weapons, the start of the level is RNG and almost impossible on legendary, truly shit.

Attached: MASTERchieftc_610.jpg (610x343, 43K)

THIS, FUCKING YES DUDE

But he is how you make playing a mage/summoner fun. He just didn't have enough variety

>train chapter in HL1
I don't know why valve loves boring vehicle chapters

last level in KOTOR 2 is just as bad, also hordes of dark jedi in a huge confusing circle over that is incredibly repetitive and hard.

Well, that's the thing. I've played DS2, DS3, Bloodborne, and Sekiro, and never did I find myself having to grind to progress. I don't know why I treat Dark Souls 1 the way I do. Possibly cuz of tism

Tomb, New Londo, and Kiln are great
Izalith is garbage
Archives is ok, too many fucking crystal hollows

clunky souls

Attached: 12-3-14-1341721LotF.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

god of war first boss

vote now on which one im talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=mIN80qKYx1s

Attached: five hours later.jpg (569x448, 43K)

MGS4 Act 3

I forgot there was even a boss fight in this Act till I looked it up.

FUCK this train, especially on a regular 3DS, the mic hardly registers if ever

Tales of Symphonia is full of that shit. It has about a handful of dungeons with such incredibly tedious and convoluted puzzles that grind the game to a halt. I can lose interest in a playthrough just because I know THAT dungeon's next.

Attached: when_the_fish_eats_the_ymir_fruit.gif (450x260, 319K)

spellcrafting in Two Worlds

I liked them.i found them intriguing and spooky and they were so quick I just don't understand how people think they take too long. They're ten minutes long, take your Ritalin ADHD zoomers!

>here's your free uber, sir
>btw you're forced to put it on your party right away so just box one of your actual bros to take this faggot

I think this was the only time I ever actually completely stopped a game. I was already annoyed with ORAS for many, many reasons. but this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Attached: Pokemon-ORAS-Latias-Latios-2.jpg (760x428, 59K)

Max Payne dream sequence
"Oh do you know what our action game about shooting criminals while slow mo jumping needs? Platforming on fucking rope in a pitch black room with misleading routes, a labyrinth, dead ends while a baby is crying on max volume into your left ear? GENIUS!"

Attached: latest.png (256x390, 80K)

>You just get into a groove with your character and suddenly get forced to play some other chucklefuck.
This happened to me a bunch in Yakuza 0, and to some extent Yakuza 4 and 5.
Just as I would get used to Kiryu they force me to switch to Majima, and when I get used to Majima I have to switch to Kiryu.
Even worse in that instance, because most of the time the two characters aren't going to be leveled equally, you're going to often go from a slightly higher leveled character you built up to the lower one over and over.

To be fair, Yakuza's combat doesn't have that high of a playing field. I could see how it's annoying for some, but I found it to be alright. Either that, or I just spent too much time dicking around as one of them and not rushing through the story.

The part where you have to infiltrate the military base after going through the agropom underground and looting strelok's stash.
>pop up out of a manhole between those curved-roof barracks
>have to sneak around to the back of the tall building while dodging patrols and snipers
>have to climb in through a window
>every floor is infested with troops
>have to walk up four fucking flights of stairs
>need to secure a briefcase that the commander is squatting over like he's hatching an egg
>escaping is even harder
>more troops and a helicopter come
>fighting your way back down is nigh impossible, troops are literally flooding the staircase
>climb up to the roof
>try climbing down a ladder
>get shot
>have to jump off the fucking roof and immediately medkit as you limp towards a hole in the wall, dodging fire
>die to a gravity trap that's in the exact position of the hole
>next try you limp to a sniper tower
>hope you can kill him first
>jump off the sniper tower over the wall
>run away into the hills hoping to god you don't get shot in the head during your escape

Attached: stalker agropom military base.jpg (800x351, 70K)

BOI

It's not super difficult, but for example in Yakuza 0 I would get used to the excellent crowd control that Majima's breaker style would give you, but then I get forced back to Kiryu and suddenly his crowd control options are limited to only when you have weapons lying around to pick up.
It's not game ruining or anything, but also bugged me when I was forced to switch characters.

This is my eternal complaint with the ratchet and clank games. The Clank segments in each game are an absolute slog and just interrupt everything.

At least in CIT (the fucking basically last game of the series) they finally added the feature to just skip them on NG+

It was. Early maps reveal the lecture building and a massive cave system where the lake is. Miyazaki changed his mind for some reason.

Kiryu is fun for me because of his grabs, and I'm a sucker for grapplers, so it was a nice compromise from Majima's more attack-oriented style.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 27K)

Fuck this place

Attached: maggot lair.jpg (730x548, 98K)

Trirforce quest in Wind Waker.

Holy shit dude, too fucking accurate.

The HD version realized how bad it was so it made it easier

>want to play D2 again
>remember stamina

Attached: 1365347693606.png (476x530, 285K)

once you go pass this barrier, the whole game takes a nosedive.

Attached: half life 2.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

chapter 3 of MOTHER 3

most of it just feels like filler

I remember save scumming the fuck out of this part. Trying to do it all in one go was some Ironman mode shit.

The HD version in general adds a crap ton of quality of life improvements, most notoriously the speed sail or whatever it's called.

The entire dark souls trilogy

The only level better than Grunty Industries is Hailfire Peaks you twat

you shut your whore mouth up, act 3 was the worst part and you know it

It's annoying if you just want to rush through the game but if you actually like exploring it's not that bad. You have to do it right after getting the hookshot, you'll be exploring the ocean anyway and getting chart pieces along the way.

The first time I did it I took a four-month break from the game because I was so spent after grinding through it. I can still clearly see myself going through the entire route even though I haven't played it in five years.

The last part of the new Prey game. I play horror games on usually the hardest or close to hardest difficulty, because when the atmosphere and jumpscares eventually wear off, the tension of knowing you're a squishy little bitch compared to even basic enemies keeps the thrills up. I do fine enough, game teaches you to be slow, methodical, observant and exploratory. Then the fucking robot swarm happens, everything the game taught you how to play, potentially even the character you specced into, gets thrown out the window and the game becomes a mad dash where you're getting fucked for what feels like completely unfair bullshit. I had to drop the difficulty, but even then the game left a sour taste in my mouth when it was all over. Still, have to admit the gameplay was incredibly fun up until that point.

Attached: 1568474045186.png (129x129, 41K)

any hard mode battle against irwin

FUCK irwin!

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 732K)

for me a part of V's problem was that his tutorial was a bit shitty. I didn't even realize that I could set the minions to autopilot using some of his DT until his last mission because I did it by accident

Kamoshidaman was good
Should have dropped the game right there tho

The fucking asteriod shooting-cannon stage in dead space 1
It's so fucking annoying

the only reason why anyone likes abyss is for the story/characters, and even then that is very much a Love or Hate it type of thing
The entire party was fucking terrible except for Luke, though Guy and Jade had enough moments to be okay

>350+ posts in a "that part" thread without a single symphonia posy
>suddenly two in a row
>both reference ymir forest
I'm glad the fanbase is on the same line about these things

Ocarina of Time
>Water Dungeon

Wind Waker
>Collecting Triforce pieces

Twilight Princess
>Collecting tears if light from shadow insects while in Wolf Form

Super Smash Bros Brawl: Subspace Emissary
>The second half of the story, where you do shorter versions of previous places

I have more but I dont remember rn

Undead settlement is just dull as dishwater.

What? The deeproads were great.

The fade was enjoyable the first time, but after that it was just tedious as hell.

>deploy with the huey-mobile
>clear the mission in under 3 minutes
that was one of my favorite fights.

amy's or big's missions in sonic adventure 1

I loved the Milkman conspiracy, but the repeated random fights with the nightmares was annoying. I know they probably just wanted to use the assets they had made before changing the story (since the nightmares were originally going to be related to Milla), but I wish they had just cut them entirely. Or just restrict it to one fight.

MJ and Miles segments in Spiderman PS4.

You think that chess sucks...

Attached: chess.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>Taris
>Pergaus
>The Fade
>The Deep Roads
>Waterloo World
>Puzzle boy
>Any time there's a party split in an RPG where inactive members don't gain exp

Crank sensibility to the highest and then just move the mouse/stick left and right. DS1 has no real annoying parts.

everytime Lin asks that furry faggot in xenoblade x what they should have for dinner.

Every single one of this faggot ass armors, but this fucker in particular.

Attached: Mezu.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

>Party is split into two groups
>You have to play as both groups through both of their sections
>There is no passive exp gain and you haven't bothered to level some of these characters because you literally never use them outside of /that part/

Attached: meow.jpg (225x225, 9K)

The thing I hated most about DC2 was grinding for building components. That was like the one thing I preferred about DC1 is that all your buildings come pre-fabricated once you unlock them.

>Every Jap porn game has fuck-you difficulty and grinding

Fuck, I'm pretty sure the skip mod I used just gave you the stat boosts for free
Probably just time and resources. Every single soulsborne has had large swathes of content cut. The knight at the start being a recurring ally then enemy in 1, some sort of mechanic where you'd make your own bonfires in 3, too much to even say in 2.

Hell, dataminers are still finding cut stuff in bloodborne, like that the guy in the rocking chair by the lake was going to be a boss at one point.

It was so bad because of the shitty ps2 accumulation motion blur that was so common back then, it's toned down quite a bit in the HD release and the section isn't even annoying anymore because of it, but yeah on an actual ps2 it's pretty fucking bad

>xbox hueg areas
>tons of filler bosses despite some cool ones like metatron
>track gets dull after a while
>non-recruitable demons
>huge level spike
>eye burning visuals not helped by 3ds resolution
>awful flynn partner mechanic
>teleporters fucking EVERYWHERE
thankfully the final fight is kino but holy fuck this area was awful

Attached: First_Entering_YHVH_Space.jpg (400x240, 35K)

They cut a nightmare level and just wanted to shove elements of that somewhere.

Catacombs unironically has the same problem as DS2 levels, it's like the core of a basic map but with no QC at all. It's supposed to be a labyrinthine tomb within a mountain, yet the light level is the same absolutely everywhere. In the DS1 Catacombs (and to an extent Shrine of Storms in DeS), some parts of the level are fairly well lit and some are dark as shit because they're buried crypts full of the dead. It's spooky. It gives the zone soul, as well as mixing up the combat experience by reducing your lock on distance, actually increasing the tension on the player because it's dark, etc. The flat gray lighting with tiny bits of yellow torches in the actual game drags the level down.

banjo kazooie quiz thing, dawn of war 3 having no cover system (cover bubbles dont count).

It was so godamn cruel not just to put this in the game, but to make it the first or second area that the player is directed to

Windwaker tingle map bullshit. Literal

agreed, fucking crabs

mafia 1?

KOTOR (and 2 to a slightly lesser extent) is one of those games you can play out. There comes a point after several characters when you've replayed it too much, you still enjoy thinking about it but it's no longer fun to play. First Taris and Manaan in 1 and the entire prologue of 2, then everything else.

Peragus on KotOR2

Attached: 1488170690567.jpg (300x246, 14K)

Yet another reason why Toki is best girl

doctor yo soi error

Attached: mdk2.jpg (480x360, 34K)

>not wanting cute plane on your party
Shit taste senpai.

Attached: 1568586845376.jpg (939x975, 109K)

Attached: -JAPANESE-_The_Lake.png (320x152, 31K)

The sidequests and item shit collecting in God of War ps4. Most boring shit I can remember in the past few years. That alone brings it down to one of the worst in the series. You're forced to do that shit if you dont want to get killed by an enemy you've already killed before but this one kills you because of a different number on top of its head. Stupid fucking design

>replaying Star Fox Zero with friends
>"I know everybody says it's shit but trust me it's actually good"
>realize that most of the game outside of Corneria and Sector Omega is "that part"

Attached: 445-SonicTotem.jpg (900x1200, 153K)

Romans 6:23 kjv
>For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Attached: 1568337392517.jpg (1024x784, 248K)

>casting your pearls before swine

- The first two levels of Turok 2 are ass
- The World of Balance in FF6
- The Temple of Droplets and everything leading up to it in Minish Cap
- Spirit Crucible Elpys

Based and redpilled

Attached: IMG_20190621_165523.jpg (960x540, 61K)

>completing it fully
If you reset the game at all you're playing right into Flowey's hands.

The first 2-3 hours of Red Dead Redemption routinely stop me from going back and playing it again, the game eventually gets pretty good and while it still drops off a few times, the rest of the game is vastly more entertaining than the opening hours.

Attached: cortana.jpg (739x415, 23K)

>Enjoyed those segments
>Actually have ADHD
I don't understand why people had a problem with those parts, it's not like they were even that long.

That's because you have to play it after clearing the b and c sides

>want to play Symphonia
>can't bring myself to put up with Ymir, or Lightning Temple
There's a few others in there but those two are just fucking downright awful

I think most of the people who hate the wolf segments found it off-putting as a kid or young teen, I remember being pretty scared of the whole thing when I was 10 or 11, but going back to play it made me realize they really are very short and very easy, and really not that bad.

Lightning temple didn't bug me that much.

For me, it was the shadow temple that pushed my patience to the limit. Especially before I realized that the shadows would wait for you by the stairs, I thought you had to gather them all and keep them all together the WHOLE time

Wrong. I fucking love Library. Cortana is a bit meh though.

Every part that involves combat

Attached: Kingdom_Hearts_CoM.jpg (496x500, 87K)

Turbine is shit and so is your opinion.

I miss being able to one-punch Namir in the original Human Revolution. Now you have to actually fight him.

people have trouble with that?
it was easy

But Ymir and the lightning temple are fucking easy. I have that shit memorized.

I mean spiders make every game worse, but fuck the spider floor

Attached: spiderrrrrrs.gif (1920x1080, 2.98M)

The Alien boss from Mega Man 2.
Fuck it with a rusty fire poker.

Pokemon Gen3 after you get surf

I haven't played PQ2, but I'm guessing he's the first boss? That holds true for every Persona game. The first boss is always, by far, the hardest, then the difficulty fucking plummets

Any classic sonic special stage

Tell him to try 5-3 instead, he only needs to grab the 5k jewel in the safe then save and quit. Takes 20 seconds.

every time i try to replay it i give up instantly because the tutorial is so fucking long and so boring. fuck running around some gay ass town let me swing a sword already

If you've unlocked unlimited ammo on a strong gun, I find the first area with lickers is a good source of gems.

>Doom & Destiny Advanced
>android game
yikes

Persona Q in general is trash
Is that really what you're crying about faggot?

You mean the corridor where the lickers crawl out of vents? They don't always drop their hearts, and even if you're guaranteed at least 10k every run it's still 10k for a 5+ minute fight. 5-3 jewel farming is way faster.

I hated the silent realms for Skyward Sword more than this. Why I will never replay that game even though I enjoyed it.

post game dqxi

gta3 my guy

The Entirety of 9s story, imagine playing the same story you just beat but with a significantly worse character than the one you bought the game for

>so fucking bad that they had to change it in the remake

Attached: 4jdOVQF.png (1000x544, 679K)

the antlion tower defense bit in HL2 Ep2. the strider one is alright i guess. i mainly don't like the antlion one because it's so early in the game it just makes you not want to even keep playing.

youtube.com/watch?v=zIrPudC0pBg

Attached: 1564663822051.png (360x590, 16K)

thanks doc

Does this count Mania? I hated 1-3 but Mania's special stages make me CUM

Why are people so split on this level? Is it because half of you were too dumb as kids to finish it?

Attached: Canary mary.gif (500x246, 465K)

>*blocks your pacing*

Attached: Water-Temple.jpg (550x413, 20K)

Fable 2's real estate sidequest

There's something very satisfying about turning on the game and waking up with like 50 million more dollars than yesterday, then investing it in an even bigger fuckhueg property which is going to generate more.

Wing Mario over the Rainbow, but only if you regularly replay for 120 Stars

That just means the game is shit

Almost any run you run into this guy first or second is an automatic reset.

Attached: Lagavulin.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

Oh my god I'm glad it's not just my 3ds

Honestly, I didn't mind the original Gyorg fight. I liked it more than Goht, at least.
The thing is, the remake made all the fights worse. I can barely fucking stand any of them, and my opinion of Goht went from bad to worse.
The remake sucked ass, the way they changed things up. I would have rather taken a 1:1 remaster like OoT 3D was than what we got.

The Great Maze was based, though.

Honestly I can never get past Akzeriuth, that mining town, before dropping it. Game just gets so 'meh' by that point and according to my Tales Of nut-friend that's not even halfway through.

It hasn't gotten "that part" status yet, but I think the first two files (and maybe the beginning of file 3) of Astral Chain is going to hamper people's will to replay it.

Attached: 1567721535710.png (877x866, 248K)

This dude's house, I understand he didnt want me facing him but he could have invested in making hard as fuck enemies instead of making an extremely boring labyrinth of portal and corridors 3 times bigger as anything else in the game and then repeat the process four times.

Attached: 1563575172947.jpg (456x1024, 630K)

You try platforming with DMC1's stiff as fuck controls

Fuck this part.
It's the only giant battle I could never get on the first try.
Also the giant battles pretty much meant I had to put the game down in public and wait until we got in the car.

Third Sun in MGS4. It was so fucking bad. It's really the only thing keeping me from replaying MGS4. I can get past the long-ass cutscenes and everything else that people shit on the game for. That terrible, tedious third act is what ruins it for me.

Came here to post this

Prehistoric Era in Chrono Trigger

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I CANT STOP MYSELF FROM COOOOMING SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
OH NO
OH NO
HERE IT COMES AGAIN
I THINK IM
I THINK IM GONNA
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Attached: coombot.png (400x543, 333K)

Fucking yellow pac-marine in PMW2

or all the water levels even.

Attached: Marble (1).png (320x224, 6K)

The whole game falls apart after act 2. Act 4 would have been good with human enemies, but it's a fucking gekkofest

>that feel when omega cuck
unfortunately i got latios

>retarded shitposter yelling
>is a blizzdrone
>is an hearstone slave at that, aka the lowest rank of their race.
as they say in their primitive language : "yikes"

t. seething coomer. keep on playing video games and jerking off you fucking loser

Terraria before you get the mirror and grappling hook.

Attached: wookie bridge.jpg (960x720, 98K)

absolutely not, on pc even with the shit framerate its perfectly fine

even the RC missions are fine, if you cant use the aircraft in that game you are just a brainlet zoomer

SCRUB FILTER

Personally I like it but people seem to have this opinion on Final Fantasy VIII

The game in general was shit from this point on. The epilogue was decent though.

If you haven't beaten the prologue on DMD at least I don't fuck with you

Arkham Knight's Batmobile

Now sure, the rest of the game has issues but if you remove the Batmobile, the game's quality fucking sky-rockets into orbit

the core in undertale, genocide specifically

I'd say this but most of act 3

But that's the better one

Which part?

Attached: 220px-Legend_of_Zelda_Skyward_Sword_boxart.png (220x311, 147K)

Fuck off memeposter.

>Not just using Sheena's personal skill + Luck boosting items to dodge every battle
You can beat both dungeons in a few minutes easily that way.

Y i k e s
That's a pretty decent shitpost

part 4

Xen. The endless fucking autoscroller levels in SMB3. The Fury. The dog shit DLC forced into DX:HR's director's cut. Probably more, but thread's about at the bump limit.

Triforce pieces in Wind Waker

Shadow Moses sequence in MGS4.
It is completely and totally preposterous that the Pentagon did not retrieve Wrex / reconfigure Shadow Moses following the bombing and Liquid's demise.

To be clear, the Pentagon sent Solid Snake in with an untested DNA virus in order to kill everyone innthe base and retrieve Wrex unharmed. Wrex does get harmed and the base gets bombed (still in an effort to clean up losse ends) but atno poi t would the ISA give up on a fucki g superweapon and huge amounta of nuclear weapons and waste.

It literally destroys the lore of the entire series. All the fucking deranged gook retard had to do was make it a flashback sequence.

>Good work chosen one! You've completed the thing as we tasked you to and overcame great hardship
>But you're still not ready yet, go get these four other things

The "investigation" segments of P4

Also this

>mfw I let the guy eat the liver and accidentally overwrote my previous save
Actually ended my play through since I didn't have the right build for whatever the other way onto the Rig was. I've still never finished FO2.

Attached: 1441651560564.png (441x603, 1.02M)

oddly enough, SS had the worst part of TP but it wasn't even with it, it wasn't the worst part of SS.

but even with it*

I had to cheat for Atton to win his fight, and I admit that with no shame. Fuck RPGs with no passive experience gain.

Bruh, I just headshot everybody on Master with no savescumming. Yeah, it's challenging, but not that tedious.

Collecting all 65 weapons so I can get Ending E.

Attached: 9624603754217078784_20190915001951_1.png (1920x1080, 1.15M)

>Megaman III-VI
>Doc Robot stages along with the Cossack, Protoman, and Mr. X castles
Garbage filler that ruins the pace, especially the latter three all having the same obvious setup of “it was Dr. Wily’s doing all along”.