The 3x speed function has completely fixed ff8. No more hours of grinding to draw 100 magic...

The 3x speed function has completely fixed ff8. No more hours of grinding to draw 100 magic. No more 2 minute long GF cut scene every time you attack.

Attached: Final-Fantasy-VIII-Remastered-1170257.jpg (590x350, 39K)

>unironically summoning the GFs and not just exploiting their abilities and stat increases
The problem was you.

>Using Draw or Summons at all
FF is a smoothbrain series, but you might be the apex smoothbrain.

The entire junction system relies on GF's and drawing magic. Have you not played FFVIII?

early game you have no where to draw powerful magic to junction , you are better off using GF because they make contant 1k+ damage

>early game you have no where to draw powerful magic to junction
You don't need powerful magic in the early game, it's not like you're fighting Omega

If you’re draw-grinding then you’re a fucking retard and playing it wrong. Refine items and cards you retard.

the point im trying to make is just use GFs early game until you have enough magic to make more damage with normal attacks

oh wow so instead of draw grinding you are now grinding items and cards

No you just come across them from normal play you moron.

And the point I'm trying to make is that this isn't at all necessary
There's no point in the game where summoning GFs is necessary, it's just a waste of time

Except to mitigate damage and end with a big hit

You don't need it
The game is easy

When you are replaying the game , you you dont see they arent worth it, when you are playing the game for the first time you feel they are really powerful and without any disadvantage so you spam them

>so you spam them
But it's so boring. Yes they do 3x your damage but they also take 3x the time. And most of the bosses in the first disc are stupidly easy, half of them you can draw cure spells from. You can use a phoenix down on the president to instantly kill him. Diablos is affected by blind. Etc

And summon magic abilities are always the last ones left over because of how worthless they are, it's so much more valuable to level the refinement abilities and stat junctions first. Even if you only have 100x of beginner spells

It's the slowest, least interactive way to play the game. You can choose to do it that way but why deliberately make the game boring

I’m playing through FF7 for the first time and holy shit I can’t imagine enjoying this game without the 3X speed. There’s random encounters like every 5 fucking steps

That's JRPGs for you
Menus and poorly written dialogue

>you feel they are really powerful
That's the sign that you're over leveled while your Junctions are too shit to keep up with the stronger monsters.

I mean the game is pretty fun but I honestly don’t like the combat very much. I wish I could just take turns instead of being rushed to pick attacks every go around because the enemy is gonna hit me otherwise

>but I honestly don’t like the combat very much
That's JRPGs for everyone

>The entire junction system relies on GF's and drawing magic.
Yep, smoothbrain it is.

I liked Chrono Trigger though

It's literally every 3 steps in FF9

>No more hours of grinding to draw 100 magic.
You never had to do that though. Go play cards for like 90 minutes and get the lionheart + all the magic you'll ever need and steamroll the game.

You still need tons of AP to do that. You don't just start with the ability to refine the best spells, even if you cards

Honestly ATB in all of the single digit FFs were not good, and just about all of them each had some weird quirks in regards to their Active and Wait settings in the options, and it being "active" was ultimately a gimmick that didn't add anything to the combat.
FF10's time cost for different actions and turn orders were basically the same thing as ATB, but in a forced Wait mode.
FF12 practically turning it around with the gauge filling after you've issued the command and being able to pause the fight entirely to queue orders for the entire party was the best.
FF13 had a good idea with the segmented ATB gauge but it sucks for many other reasons.

You can get that amount of AP in about 20 minutes just through the plot. You don't have to grind at all.

>You still need tons of AP to do that.
You don't.

Just go to the forest or beach outside of Garden and kill shit for ten minutes to get the relevant Card, Item and Magic Refine skills. They're only like 10 to 30 AP each.

Then there's the matter of no one using high level cards in the starter areas

>Then there's the matter of no one using high level cards in the starter areas
Outside of being very questionable, it doesn't matter matter one bit because the game doesn't offer any sort of challenge to make that a problem, don't pretend you need to junction Quake or Ultima in the first hour of the game, and even so you only really need to reach Timber to begin getting good cards.

You don't really need them though. Balamb Garden has level 1-5 cards, plus some special cards. You can get some pretty high level magic at the beginning of the game like Flare and Tornado. Plus if you know what you're doing you can get Lionheart. This is enough to beat the game with.

>if you know what you're doing you can get Lionheart
Without leaving for Dollet?

Yeah, keeping Squall at low health and spamming LB is much more high energy.

Considering you do literally 20 times the damage of a endgame summon in a single turn, yeah, it is.

Yep, and junctioning cure to another party member's attacks and having them hit the party to heal also can be fun.

Nice false dichotomy, bro

As fun as FFVIII can be, I guess.

He specifically said when you're playing the game for the first time and wouldn't know that you retarded fuck. Learn to fuckin' read mothafucka before I fuck you up again you fuckin' cocksuckin' dumb ass.

Attached: image.jpg (698x680, 251K)

It's true, I did nothing but spam GFs for my first playthrough. Got stuck somewhere in disc 3

Is the 3x speed available on PC only?

No but by the end of Disc 1 you'll have it. But you don't need the Lionheart on Disc 1 or Disc 2. You will one/two shot everything with magic you get from cards. You will be obscenely overpowered.

If it's "Remastered" then it has it
Been playing on Switch

Getting the Lionheart early on is cool but almost entirely unnecessary. The game is already so easy that you don't need the sword so quick.

>grinding to draw 100 magic
How can it fix the game when you were playing it wrong in the first place

Just read the second bit about summons. Fell for the bait hard

>early game you have no where to draw powerful magic to junction , you are better off using GF because they make contant 1k+ damage
Imagine being this wrong

>no CRT cause my old one stopped working
>try the PS1 version on an lcd
>looks like barf
Hurts bros.

>thinks beaming cathode rays into your eyeballs improves image quality
Just play the remaster you stupid dinosaur

It literally does you fucking retarded zoomer. And why would I play the remaster when it's the same game but censored?

>retrofag
>censorshipfag
>buzzword spouter
You've got a lot going on huh

Yes, including the fact that I am right.

Attached: ff8 remaster.png (1769x528, 107K)

Almost all of this applies to the PC version outright

That's not a good thing but at least that version has mods to fix some of it.

Sadly emulation is the only good way to play FF7-12.

Not just FMVs but CG backgrounds
Censorship
New models suck

>muh feathered bird crotch

We were alive when the original, superior version came out and it is still the definitive way to play it. Keep playing your inferior, censored version lil' zoom.

Attached: repent zoomer.jpg (443x455, 34K)

take the time to learn ice/water refine (very fast) with Shiva.

ap grind on fish on the beach near balamb town and collect fish fins.

refine the fins into water -- effectively a 2.5 level spell. get 100 per character, junction to any useful stat.

never use gf summon.

>autists say game is easy and boring
>they assume you know every exploit and way to minnax and break the game from the very beginning
Some people just like to play games