Trying to replay this game after all these years and it's an absolutely horrific experience. Totally braindead AI...

Trying to replay this game after all these years and it's an absolutely horrific experience. Totally braindead AI, cheese enemy spawn mechanics, poorly designed missions (they are literally all the same).

It's painful.

Attached: gta-iv-pc-screenshot_050.jpg (2560x1600, 2.25M)

what game has good ai

>replaying gta4
>posts a promotional screenshot from google images
kek

Am I supposed to provide original screenshots or something? I'm not some streamer fag. Who the fuck cares?

agreed, gta v unequivocally better

Attached: gtav33.jpg (3053x1716, 1.06M)

2008 was a horrific year in gaming in general, literally the year of dissapointments:
Fallout 3
MGS4
GTA IV

all amazing games

what was the actual story in gta4? all i remember is you're some slav who shows up in new york and then does favors for people for like 40 hours and then some other slav shows up and kills someone and you kill them and then it ends

Maybe if you started gaming in 2005.

You're just a guy doing odd jobs to get enough money to go bowling.

F.E.A.R.

That's just because most of the levels are copy and pasted.

ai in fear is juts as garbage. they juts have a bunch of voice lines to create the illusion of intelligence

I went into it with an open mind and it's legit the worst of the series (not counting the 2d games). It's not a bad game but all the other GTAs just blow it out of the water.

All of the gameplay mechanics make the game feel floaty and slow. The colour scheme is shitty gray and brown. The city looks mostly the same. The missions are extremely repetitive and far too many. The best aspect of the game is the story and characters. But even the story has one major flaw other games don't have: it's fucking awfully paced. It's so fucking slow it took me years to finally beat it because in every playthrough I just got bored.

The Lost and Damned is even more boring. It's GTA IV but without the interesting characters. All of the characters are either "Asshole biker" (the bad dudes) or "Not asshole biker" (the good dudes). The only characters I remember are the crack head bitch and that guy who flashes his penis at the camera. The only thing that it did better than IV is that it's short as fuck.

The Ballad of Gay Tony is the best part by far. Fun weapons, fun missions, great characters. Luis is a bit bland but he's miles better than Johnny K.

TBoGT is the only thing I might look forward replaying.

you should've played The Ballad of Gay Tony, it's GTA IV but better.

The first act was really good with Niko and Roman trying to make it. Then they make it and it becomes shit. Niko just aimlessly wanders around doing oss jobs for unlikable crime bosses switching bosses every 3 missions and occasionally asking after the traitor he is looking for.

yeah you would like a game about a gay boy, fucking f**

... but Cyberpunk 2077 hasn't even come out yet?

Are you a time traveler?

Nice blog

>I went into it with an open mind and it's legit the worst of the series
VC and V still exist.

V is really good.

>Totally braindead AI

the AI in IV is leagues above the one in V

>I went into it with an open mind and it's legit the worst of the series
It's the only one other than 3 to stick entirely to the concept of being a criminal simulator instead of memeshit like V or SA.

V is the best one, user.

that's not how ai works

too bad it's shit in every other aspect

Sure kiddo, just stick to SR and keep your memey trash out.

most GTA games are meem shit tho, yess even the first game and you're misremembering 3

>you're misremembering 3
Nah, I remember it keeping it tame for the most part and keeping the crazy shit as side content.

Dumby.
It's, naturally, an advantage in programming AI.
You would've came to the same conclusion if you applied any thought at all.

retarded newfaggot

>newfaggot
Go back.