Admit it, the game was a bit disappointing

Admit it, the game was a bit disappointing

Attached: 220px-Devil_May_Cry_5.jpg (220x256, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/jiPOr8sxs7dxo9Q2FQovPg/
videogamer.com/news/devil-may-cry-5-director-would-rather-make-dmc-6-than-a-dmc-remake
youtube.com/watch?v=MdbPkv_Yvjk&t=3m42s
arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/220px-Devil_May_Cry_5.jpg/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hell no it was fucking fantastic

Did it live up to the hype? No, but that was our fault for expecting it to be the game of the century.
However, its still a fucking fantastic game. Easily a GOTY contender that's going to lose to TLOU2

do people gloss over how shit the level design was before 5? Fuck fixed camera, fuck gimmicks like dice games, wallmasters (those flowers that teleported you). platforming, and all that shit. DMC is about action and 5 doesn't fuck around.

Not at all. I think people will grow to appreciate it more and more as it ages.

Yes, sadly it wasnt the greatest game of all time so it has to settle for game of the decade.

Only when I started going for S ranks on every single level did I start to get disappointed with the experience. The first two playthroughs were fun as fuck

Yea, after 160 hours I'm going to have to admit it was a bit disappointing. retard

Attached: 1488370920188.png (332x352, 53K)

Playing V is like pulling teeth and most of Dante's weapons suck, but other than that, it was pretty good. Nowhere near 3 but still a worthwhile entry.

story was way too safe
gameplay is great

the only real issue is the load times

Balrog was a bit too limited out of swordmaster and dr faust needs you to grind out a ton of orbs before you can actually have fun with it, but for the most part dante's arsenal was good

>Not at all. I think people will grow to appreciate it more and more as it ages.

I agree, I think people will look more and more favorably on DMC5 as time passes.

DMC5 is actually an oddity among AAA games in my opinion, because most AAA games start out very strong and impressive but start to fall apart the more you stop to inspect them. DMC5 is the opposite for me, the more I play it the more I appreciate it. Stuff like V, the story and even the level design is something I think just gets better the more I familiarized myself with the game.

I think the only real glaring weakness the game has is some pretty bad writing and dialogue. I think the story would have been way better received if the dialogue didn't feel so stilted at times.

Pretty much this. We got too excited.

>Colouring/lighting makes everything a bit dull and drab
>Battle tracks for non-deluxe players must suck because its the same three tracks
>Story rushes big time from mission 17, ideally it would have been 23 or so missions with the last five dealing with Vergil and climbing up/down the tree for longer
>V sort of splits players, a lot don't like him, some do
>Enemy variety isn't huge, artistically and functionality, lots of lizards and punching bags but this is by design to let players go nuts with combos
>Level design could have used a little variety, just a few arenas that weren't circular and open, just a couple of puzzles and platforming
>Too much player character talks to the player, I mean themselves
>Dante swearing, just doesn't feel right
>No unlock costumes, just a couple recolours

Those are my only complaints and most are minor. It was a damn fantastic game. Room for improvement but there always is. Hopefully we get some DLC or SE to add some things.

The only weapon I don't like is Cavalliere. It's too slow to combo into so you either have to start or end a combo with it. It's fun to play around with but it's just not practical. Especially late in BP were keeping enemies from doing anything is a must.

>play with dante, tap L1 to use devil trigger
>finish the game and unlock devil trigger with nero, proceed to accidentally blow up an infinite amount of devil breakers
that still makes me mad as fuck to this day

Remap the controls my dude.

It's my GOTY so far.

That sounds about right. What should be the most basic, logical, straightforward ranking system is needlessly cryptic and obtuse, with some attacks actually causing players to lose out on potential style if performed at low style, unclear markers on when one section ends and another begins, and sometimes points just seem to come out of nowhere. Fuck averaging points, just total up all the points and if they're above a certain threshold, you get a certain rank. I'm also not really into getting docked points for choosing to manually restart from a checkpoint just because I'm sick of waiting through all these load screens for menus and cutscenes that I'm just gonna skip. Either patch the game to make the load times faster or let us turn off cutscenes entirely. Also, enemies that teleport out of a knocked-down state can get fucked. Why are there different knock-down states where some of them prompt the enemy to counter while others don't. Now I gotta keep track of what moves inflict what states when dmc should be more straightforward than that.

This desu. It's so weird to me that so many people complain about the levels in 5 as one of its biggest issues when it was literally just a response to everyone shitting on 4's horrendous level-design filled with shit puzzles.

>can't change Nero's arm thingys whenever you want

Literally dropped the game at that moment

people forget you actually had to play the story mode and think BP and boss fights were the only modes

I feel the same way.

Devil Arm being a consumable resource is pretty lame.

i still think they could find something to put inbetween fights but yeah i dont miss the half baked puzzles or terrible platforming at all

I dislike V as well, but think Dante's weapons are really great and I think 5 fixes pretty much all of 3 and 4's most damning flaws.

If you are on PC you can download a CE table to do exactly that

dull and repetitive but thats what the dmcucks wanted i guess :/

Would Dante have benefited from a dedicated "transform" button since most of his weapons transform, rather than dedicating back+triangle to transforming Balrog or holding buttons to make King Cerberus shoot lightning?

Devs didn't do that because it would make Nero too similar to Dante and would also make the game pretty unbalanced if you could carry around the right DA's for every situation. But would anyone actually care if that made Nero similar to Dante?

seems unnecessary to complicate unless you're adding more moves.

Nah. King Cerb is great because of how fluid everything feels. I don't think it should have been a transform button. Too clunky and one button just to transform the weapon takes way too much space.

I don't understand why they don't just merge gunslinger into the base moveset. Are there any command normals when you AREN'T in gunslinger? Why not just make all the moves that you do in gunslinger with B just use X? Then you could add another style

I don't need to admit it when that's my general opinion on it and I wouldn't say "a bit" either.

The level design is pretty bad

Send pets and win, the game.

I expected it to be better than 3 and it surely isn't, so yeah, a little disappointed. It's still a great game.

It was only disappointing because Itsuno said he would exceed expectations, not realizing the insane expectations people had and how even more insane people went when he said that. It was about what was to be expected as a successor to 4 that got a proper dev cycle.

It's a GOTYC unless you actively don't like the genre.

It needed more missions and optional V to be the best.

>a bit
I can honestly say I don't like this game and that is a hearthbreaking thing to admit to after 11 years of investment.

DMC 3 had honest-to-god good level design. Temi-ni-gru was fun to explore

>He wants another flavor of style switching instead of a unique system
>He doesn't see the genius in making red orbs useful by having you spend currency on useful things instead of health stars

tard

IT KEEPS CRASHING AFTER THIRTY MINUTES
I JUST WANT TO FINISH DMD
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That sounds cumbersome as fuck. If you want to do rainstorm then you have to do some weird motion input in the air. It's clunky and is only appealing to lower skill levels of players. It's not as instant as it should be.
I don't want it.

>No, but that was our fault for expecting it to be the game of the century.
Didn't Itsuno basically say he was going to make the game of the century though?

well E&I have a total of 2 moves in gunslinger while in the air so you could have rainstorm just be back + gun or forward + gun. shit nigga it isn't that hard

You’re dull and repetitive.

I didn't see much replay value in it
I have 15 hours logged on it and haven't' touched it in months

The fact that we have to wait for a special edition to play Vergil again is schum.

Ikr? The platforming and puzzles were never really DMC’s strong suits.

He mentioned the heisei period iirc.

I disagree. That shit is cumbersome as fuck for Coyote and other guns. E&I is the simplest gun weapon and even then I don't want to input a motion input to use rainstorm when I use the analog to move around during it. Doing higher-tier Coyote tech would suck major ass. What you propose is literally only appealing to low-skilled players who don't want to improve at the game

Especially when the multiplayer mod becomes more stable and fleshed out, allowing for 3Player coop from beginning to end in every mission.

as is DMC tradition
although black knight in DMC4 is still the most fun mode of all time

I think action games like these in general just aren't for you then.

"Best action game of the heisei period". Heisei period lasted from 8 Jan 1989 to 30 April 2019. Honestly Itsuno got too cocky with that statement.

Mechanically the game is incredible, and the story is decent enough for a DMC game, but all of the bosses bar the returning DMC1 ones and Vergil were boring

I think Matt sucks

Attached: gDbVRfQeAEVtL-RkXLuj_u3HKLq_pjlUOO1hO5uXJgk.jpg (652x561, 61K)

this also, Balrog's moveset is kinda lame, it just doesn't flow well, at least not without major practice (and even than, too much of it is akward filler)
Real Impact is also a shitty move, you're basically forced to spam it on DMD

on a sidenote, the reworked Cerberus feels more like a Vergil weapon, but it's really fucking good, probably the most intuitive DA in the game

It was fine in 1 and 3. Yes I do think cube room was fine.

You think? I think 5 has probably the best overall quality of bosses in the series bar DMC1.

No it fucking wasn’t.

>It was my own fault for having too high of expectations for this game
Get yourselves to a women's shelter, you're clearly battered wives.

>you're basically forced to spam it on DMD
No you're not nigga. You got a fuck load of options you never even have to see Real Impact on DMD if you don't want to use it.

>want to go back and S-rank DMD
>remember I quit because of the shitty V missions
what a goddamn mistake he was

>story was way too safe

I see so many people complaining about DMC5s story but I thought it was a nice conclusion to the saga.

It established what happened to Vergil after DMC1.
It tied DMC4 and Nero into the larger canon in a more meaningful way.
It took Vergils "muh power" and flipped it on its head, showing us the consequences.
It showed how Dante has progressively gotten more jaded and he cares less and less about others.

DMC5s story wasn't perfect but is sure as fuck was a better finale then Metal Gear Solid 4.

Attached: 190328109321.jpg (634x642, 45K)

It encourages you to get accustomed with game's movement mechanics. If anything, I think there could've been more instances of similar challenges.

Attached: DMC3SM12.webm (852x480, 2.61M)

The more I think about 5's story the better I think it is. I know not many people share this perspective, but I find it underrated as time goes on.

So what was the deal with changing Nero's design into reboot Dante?

he's a good hype man. he should have been the pr person for DmC

wall run is such a nice move

The problem with that webm is that even if you're accustomed to the games movement mechanics before that room you still wont be able to do that in the webm because the dude playing is already fully aware of everything in the room considering he can run up the walls with no platforms on the screen. On your first go through the cube room is cancer. It only becomes a somewhat decent experience once you've familiarized yourself with the room like the guy in that webm so you can do shit like that because you can predict where the cubes are even when they're not on screen.

>Fuck fixed camera, fuck gimmicks like dice games, wallmasters (those flowers that teleported you). platforming, and all that shit.

Fuck you

Attached: 1562173944242.gif (400x332, 2.5M)

It's not that the bosses are poor quality, they're just not memorable. Griffon and Phantom are pretty memorable but Nidhogg, Gilgamesh etc. just don't stick in my mind as well. Movesets and challenge are decent though apart from Gilgamesh.

Yep. Remember that Itsuno promised he'll put it in the game if he does DMC6.

They didn't. Just cut his hair short, it's not even the same haircut as reboot Dante's.

I dunno, the fact I'm still playing it 6 months since release tells me otherwise.

people only pretend to like that shit when they want to critcize 5 for not having it

Then we have retards like this, picking and choosing what he thinks the series is about. Doesn't give a fuck about the base game design, so long as they can wank about in bloody palace and the void to pretend they'll ever be on the level to make webms. Everything in between, who cares lol just let me combo.

sudoku you're self peasant

I liked it but I can see people not liking the story because it was missing information we got from the novel/manga. The pacing was kinda bad towards the end.

I think Artemis, Goliath, Malphas, Cavalier, King Cerberus, Urizen and Vergil are all pretty memorable. Especially King Cerberus and Cavalier.
The only bosses I really didn't like in terms of quality was V's bosses. They were fine on lower difficulties but cancer on DMD.

Nah, my man Nero being the best guy he could be in such dire times was wholesome.

My biggest gaming purchase regret of 2019. Shit literally put me to sleep.

it's literally the best game released in the last like 10 years, I had high hopes for it and it even surpassed those

So, people like this?

So what you're saying is that one needs to acquire proficiency in order to properly face the challenge presented.

i reckon they're setting up for nero to go down a dark path with him still spouting the power means everything shit throughout the game and his bp ending. It'd be cool for vergil to develop a fatherly bond with him teaching him not to go down the same path he did

>Artemis, Goliath, Malphas

Literally took me more than a minute to remember who they were.

Cavalier is a beefed up DMC1 enemy who has a DMC1 character as a host. K.Cerberus is DMC3 Cerberus but with 2 more elements, Urizen is lame and Vergil is Vergil.

The bosses aren't memorable like the ones in DMC1 and DMC3.

So you have favor a lack of level design over level design that's actually more engaging? It's one thing to say you don't like the dice games, but you gotta be kidding me if you think running on a straight path until you can't go any further because you have to beat up xyz amount of enemies is better than "run here, grab this, use key item, run to this room, run through here, cool setpiece here, kill enemies here, move to next room, kill enemies, use key item again etc" DMC5 has the lamest level design, but level design isn't a big part of the series as a whole so it really doesn't matter I guess.

Sure pretending. Kinda like you're pretending to be retarded, right?

This, Malphas was alright, but otherwise none of the other bosses were particularly memorable. Urizen is quite memorable but each fight with him is incredibly boring, even the last one where he's got a bigger moveset.

>most of Dante's weapons suck,
Fuck that, it is the best arsenal Dante has ever had by lightyears, and each has a ton of flexibility.
I could run the game over and over with any one Devil Arm or even just one Gun and still pull off all sorts of shit.
Balrog and Cerberus have an obscene amount of flexibility, tools for every situation and then some more just for shits and giggles.
Cavaliere is the most limited in terms of overall moves, but the utility of being able to armor through everything is unparalleled, as is its rather overlooked dominance in the air.
DSD's list of Summoned Sword Formations let him dominate everything, and the way he can activate them to supplement other weapons is phenomenal.

The fact that Gunslinger is so potent and Dante's guns are truly powerful when they're charged is the best.
The sort of shit that E&I can do with divided button inputs gives it obscene crowd control and pointed damaged that rivals the Devil Arms.
Kalina Ann and Faust are more supplemental guns, but both have big fuck you moves.
Coyote's Cut-In is god tier.

Attached: Coyote vs Fury.webm (960x540, 2.96M)

List of things that disappointed me:

>no playable Vergil
>no real alternate costumes, especially the lack of LDK costume with Sparda DT
>can't play every mission with any character after beating the game
>only 2 real co-op stages
>Vergil is basically a rehash, and Jet Attack is fucking lame for the amount of buildup it has
>Vergil didn't get any new moves in DMD

Overall, I liked it though. They should make a LDK type mode with co-op in every stage, just imagine.

>projecting this hard

Come back when you have an argument, getting triggered isn't one.

lol what a faggot

Come back when you actually make a favor for why the level design in previous DMC games was actually good.

Shit game only good for fujo bait.

Attached: 1564691359498.jpg (1245x1152, 204K)

Both 1 & 3 give a sense of progression and exploration of a singular setting. A Castle and tower. DMC4 and 5 stopped even trying and we're left with a bunch of linear fucking hallways. No sense of cohesion to the areas, doesn't feel like an actual place, just chains of combat arenas.

8/10 in when compared to the rest of the series

9/10 when compared to other action games

I admitted it days after it dropped cause I did not enjoy it

And that’s supposed to make up for the lackluster platforming and puzzles? I already get a sense of progression just from my own skills and the amount of challenges presented to me, how is that an excuse?

>Cavaliere is the most limited in terms of overall moves, but the utility of being able to armor through everything is unparalleled, as is its rather overlooked dominance in the air.

There is also the fact that most people dont seem to realize that its buzzsaw and motorcycle combos link into eachother. You can mix and match them.

Nah, it was fucking great

DMCtards are truly special creatures. Only purely giving a shit about the mechanical level, the rest be damned.

>DMC5
>Sekiro
>RE2
>City of Heroes came back
>Shadowbringers
>Fire Emblem
>Astral Chain
2019 has been a surprisingly good year and I love it

Well yeah, because those aspects are lackluster. DMC1 and DMC3 were great but it was never for the level design and puzzles alone.

Get higher standards.

Nah, it was everything I wanted. I played the shit out of it then moved on, will certainly replay it sonewhere down the line. My only small gripe is that the levels are too linear

Speaking for DMC1, it's great exactly for those aspects, precisely because it's so short.

Yeah, no. Atmosphere, sure. It has plenty of that and is great for that aspect. The level design and platforming itself? Not so much.

Only if you want to be a contrarian.

fuck this shit is hard as fuck on the decent difficulty. Fucking they want to take your money. It's fun though no complaints, I just wish you could buy life upgrades.

So so, the devil arms were fucking cool tho, same for styles
If dmcbros want a masterpiece of dmc, you could fucking remake the dmc3 with the movements of 5 , the graphic motor and the same OST and there you have your best dmc ever Lul

All this bitching, you must really suck at platforming. Holy shit.

My personal issues with it are:
>Too short
>level design is dull
>No true coop
If they added a real coop system it'd be goty

>implying that platforming was even hard in DMC1
Never said I had a problem with it. It’s just painfully easy and shallow.

>so what you're saying
Nigga please, don't be faggot.

My only complaint is that Dante is way more fun than Nero or V. This is easily the most fun Dante to play in any DMC, his moveset is so goddamn big and every weapon has its own mechanic, shit's just fun.

I beat the game like 4 times and I still found some new, good combos in Cav and Balrog.

>whole game about Vergil
>cannot play Vergil

Attached: DAMN!.png (1165x805, 1.43M)

The level design in 5 is actually pretty good and if you think it's worse than in the previous games (except maybe 1) you just didn't pay attention

There is platforming and there are interconnected areas it's just not the entire point of the missions now, instead we get diverging paths in a good number of missions and there's more actual secret areas than in 3 and 4 combined

Attached: 1560106851346.jpg (3840x1600, 669K)

Don't reply to me anymore. You don't even know what it is you want to argue about. Just damage control 4 and 5's shitty-ass level design.

Well, I disagree. I don't find Artemis Goliath or Malphas to be forgettable, certainly not Cavalier ad K.Cerb

it was very disappointing

It pulled a less severe MGSV on me

V's missions was the only part of the game that was objectively bad

>No true coop

They didn't promise co-op. They specified that it was a "cameo mode" where you could watch other players. Mission 7 and 13 being co-op was more of a bonus.

Attached: 69939600.jpg (1076x782, 104K)

It's easier than 1 and 3 and those games didn't even have micros

He said it would exceed my expectations

He lied

Stop wasting baits!

Attached: 55922122.jpg (1092x1080, 145K)

I never understood the complaining about the level design. Some of the lighting isn't great but the actual layout of levels gets pretty diverse and has some solid rewards for exploration and thinking.

The only action-game with good level-design is Ninja Gaiden Black. I don't know why other action-games haven't copied that shit already.

4’s problem was the excessive amount of backtracking, Nero’s unfulfilling moveset, and the lack of unique scenarios and bosses for Dante. Not to mention how the game seemed rushed in general. It’s because of those aspects that I find myself going back you DMC3 and DMC5 the most.

>play demo
>modern city
dropped, at least it could be a steampunk city

based

got it for free with my rx580 but cant be assed to play it.

The main flaw is that there's not enough Vergil. There should've been at least 5 more missions to flesh out the ending. It felt so abrupt. Also made I don't get to play with Vergil and sit of his face.

Attached: EEaGmnlVUAAK1Ts.jpg (3840x2160, 589K)

>If they added a real coop
I remeber seeing a mod that made it work for a few more missions not too long ago.

Attached: 8bvch5b3fxs.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

>fujo appears

Attached: 1567594723382.gif (440x314, 2.2M)

Attached: so it is written.jpg (2048x1199, 203K)

Game felt like huge tease that you get to play as Vergil. Maybe that was orginal plan but they moved it to DMC 6.

The level design is fine, I think people are just nitpicking to find things to complain about. The story is about a giant demonic tree destroying a city. The environments do their job conveying that. What more did people expect? Should we have randomly spend 10 missions in the middle of an ugly jungle that we didn't need?

Attached: no way me.png (847x656, 349K)

>That webm
DMC5 is so fucking slow. Fury is the only threatening enemy in the game, yet once you fight him 2-3 times he's a snorefest. The weapons are OK, they feel about as good as DMC3's. DSD is just a boring rebellion rehash.

The cube room simple requires you to learn the outlay of the map. Your complaint basically boils down to not being able to do it on your first try which is pretty much the equivalent of complaining that you can't S rank a mission on first try.

The problem with Vergil is that when they bring him back there's basically no villains left in the story, Vergil doesn't care about more power or opening a hell portal he just wants to fight Dante, so the last 3 missions are just cleaning things up after Urizen is defeated
Would have been interesting if they gave him actual motives

> if you think it's worse than in the previous games
Sounds like you were the one who didn't pay attention. Again, singular environment, exploration of that area. Redgrave city had no sense of location whatsoever. It all feels like a string of hallways.

>but they moved it to DMC 6
>implying 5 isn't getting an SE to launch with next gen
KEK

6 months later and DMC Zodiac is still finding good angles for Vergil.

Not living up to my impossible to meet standards doesn't mean it was a disappointing. Honestly, my biggest beef with it is the REengine realistic art direction which will NEVER fit this series and the worst story by Bingo Morihashi in the series.I also don't like V at all but he's still fun to play with his limited mechanics.

The game itself is still fucking awesome and a clear upgrade from pretty much all the ways that count over 4 (Credo is still better than Cavaliere, tho).

3 is still my favorite but 5 is a total beast in terms of sheer content and combat options it gives you.

>Maybe that was orginal plan but they moved it to DMC 6.

Honestly, the plans probably changes with the PS5 announcement. SE release on the next gen. I'll probably end up buying too, mainly because I'm hoping for better load times.

Attached: so it is written.png (725x595, 608K)

>DMC5 SE and RE2 Gold Edition launching with next gen platforms to take full advantage of their new hardware (Shorter load times and updated graphics in addition to all bundled DLC and new features in both games)
Pretty good desu

Was jumping up to Ifrit really that difficult for your dumbass?

>implying that shit isn’t brain-numbingly easy

I just want Dante but these nigger keep giving me characters I don't want to play as. V in particular was really awful.

I didn't imply that at all, I just called you a dumbass.

>there's not enough Vergil
We needed to play as his complete retard self instead of just half of it

Attached: 1539294162151.jpg (1200x871, 347K)

>game takes long time to come out or get made
>literally everyone starts saying its bad by default because expectations rise exponentially over time or something

Why are people like this?

Attached: 1554045761913.jpg (699x767, 97K)

>calling the platforming annoying is the same as implying that it’s too difficult
I guess the KH1 platforming sections weren’t garbage then, huh?

I thought it was great. Im still playing it even now. Currently trying to S rank every level in DMD. So far I've got nero down, and im decent as dante, but S ranking shit as V is pretty crazy. It just feels like he doesn't have the damage output to keep up a lot of the time. Fighting Vergil as V was pretty fun though.

Attached: IMAG0008.jpg (2688x1520, 1.02M)

same

Attached: 236558d7bc38b79ccdbc8647730492a1.jpg (1172x1176, 142K)

Yes buy the game again goyim

>The problem with Vergil is that when they bring him back there's basically no villains left in the story

You say that like they haven't ever come up with new villains. This is the first time Vergil was actually the MAIN villain.

>Would have been interesting if they gave him actual motives

His motive was still to get more power. He had just been seeking it for so long he lost track of his original motivation. I hope Visions of V reveals there's more to it, cause summoning a whole demon tree to beat up your little brother is a little ridiculous. I liked it better when DMC3 implied it was his PTSD that drove him to seek power.

Stick to bloody palace champ, you don't have to worry about the big bad level design and puzzles there. God forbid you played other games than DMC too, absolute basic bitch.

>The weapons are OK, they feel about as good as DMC3's

Cavalier is way more interesting than the guitar, DSD is better than Rebellion, Cerberus is way better in 5, Balrog is more interesting than Beowulf. A and R in 3 played so similar to Rebellion that it was silly.

I think it's hilarious how people shit on DMC5's levels but hold up DMC1/3

fuck no it did all I wanted from it except when it came to level design

yes but atleast the Mo0nxart content has been fun

Attached: 1554083842614.png (512x512, 268K)

It's pretty tragic. How fucking stupid you are, I mean.

>beat up your little brother is a little ridiculous
>vergil
>not being petty

Attached: 1565112891407.jpg (937x1333, 376K)

1 had some pretty soolid exploration you could do were you could go pretty far off the intended path and find random enemies and bosses. 3 is pretty much bog standard as far as level design goes.

So, play games with actual level design like say Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Jet Set Radio, etc? Like I already do? I’m not exactly sure why you’re implying that me thinking that the level design and platforming in previous DMC games are not really good mean I detest good level designs and puzzles in general.

>a fellow CoHbro as well as a DMCchad
Dude, 2019 rocks. I'm happy to play my all-electric blaster again. Looking forward to Psychonauts 2 as well. 2017-2019 has been the age of all the things I love coming back to life.

Attached: 1553638567108m.jpg (1024x576, 60K)

No, it was very disappointing

>Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Jet Set Radio
>all this baby platforming shit with 0 replayability
at last I truly see

>If our positions were switched
>would I have your life? and you mine?

Would Vergil be less of a sperg?

Attached: 56632030.jpg (1920x1080, 124K)

Attached: 1556389300958.webm (640x640, 2.91M)

>DMC5 is so fucking slow.
All of the games are "slow", some people got used to Turbo as the norm and then 5 didn't have nor add it without mods.

Plus:

>Bloodstained
>Blasphemous

I don't remember the last year I've played so many new releases at once. Loving it.

take Jet Set Radio out of your mouth

Attached: trash.png (1275x916, 1.56M)

When are we getting our Dante and Vergil going through hell game?

Attached: 1543551904812.jpg (1591x1790, 126K)

>Jet Set Radio
>Ratchet and Clank
>0 replayability
Okay, now you’re just being retarded.

>Bloodstained
>Blasphemous

Attached: face.gif (500x281, 581K)

You only like it for the aesthetics. Tony Hawk arcade mode has always been king.

Dante and Vergil settle their differences and determine that it's more fun to bully Nero.

Attached: Nero bullied.webm (1280x720, 1016K)

>Did it live up to the hype? No, but that was our fault for expecting it to be the game of the century.
This is always Yea Forums problem.

Always with the high ass expectations and dont know how to judge a game for itw worth

Based video game playing chad. Also pretty cool that a new From IP and a new Platinum IP sold well.

Nah, the gameplay is pretty fun too. Next time, actually play the games you talk about, autist.

>Son? Right...

Attached: 67456345623.png (640x640, 695K)

I did, and it wasn't for me. Too fucking floaty.

Attached: kektivation.jpg (355x429, 110K)

Attached: 1554836656624.png (1435x847, 1.82M)

I did really enjoy the game, but no unlockable outfits, no virgil, and no turbomode really blew it for me.the missions didnt feel very long or memorable either

>floaty
And you call us the casuals.

They both have autism, Dante just has more practice hiding it because he interacts with more neurotypicals.

Where are those drawfags when you need 'em?

Attached: 1552856917741.png (984x1080, 535K)

Well, it's true. Jet Set Radio is watered down weeb tony hawk with skates. Carried only by aesthetics and the soundtrack. Deal with it

They found something new to bond over.

Attached: 1567819192078.webm (792x184, 2.38M)

Attached: 1555387940239.jpg (1361x1430, 173K)

>calling Jet Set Radio weeb while being a fan of DMC
Really, nigga?

EXTER SHUGAR
EXTER SALL

Attached: 1552919741617.jpg (720x506, 34K)

>Lose to TLOU2
Well, I agree that it will be a GOTY contender, but TLOU2 will be for next year awards, this year DMC will face probably Sekiro, KH3, Death Stranding and I don't which more since, since they need to be 5-6 titles

If anything Resident Evil 2 has more chance than DMC5 to win any GOTY. But who are we kidding, TLOU2 is going to make every single journo shoot their pants and proclaim the second coming of lesbian Citizen Kane.

No, it's my GOTY. It filled my dark soul with light and restored my humanity, sorry OP.

Attached: 1544471684351.png (426x364, 36K)

RE2

He was still a sperg even before Mundus killed Eva.

Attached: 1539709995650.jpg (1300x1172, 183K)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/jiPOr8sxs7dxo9Q2FQovPg/

fujos fuck off

Attached: 1563053999716.jpg (2560x1440, 778K)

Virgil's devil trigger reminded me of Garchomp

Attached: giphy (2).gif (500x281, 999K)

That makes me want to play as Urizen now.

Nero is not a real character until ng+

>most of Dante's weapons suck

Attached: what the fuck is this.jpg (248x227, 23K)

Wasn't Dante the annoying one when they were kids?

Attached: D0NMaMzUUAAsnJd.jpg (900x600, 79K)

Where are they?

Attached: 1568531739146.jpg (1680x1050, 497K)

No not really

>0 replyability
Retard.

I miss them.

Attached: DA_AgniRudra.gif (600x600, 71K)

So Dante had 3 games where he was the protagonist. DMC6 will be Nero's 3rd game, do you think they'll replace him too?

Attached: 56636895.jpg (1920x1080, 107K)

It'd just be Urizen stomping everything kinda like that mario game where he eats a shroom to become giant.

>that expression
He knew he was gonna get clapped back. He just didn't know when.

Attached: monster bros.jpg (3840x2160, 3.29M)

>capcom makes a DMC game without itsuno
>new director
>first one is really bad
>next is extremely good
>new character in third
>Dante, Nero and new character split the missions 50/50/50 somehow

Attached: We'll be right back.png (1024x432, 796K)

Yeah. There's a reason Dante liked bullying Nero so much.

Attached: 1546632039525.png (429x480, 236K)

You weren't exploring shit user, DMC3 was just better at disguising it's linearity

makes me want to see this cover but with urizen instead of mario and V instead of luigi

Attached: 63553-new-super-mario-bros-nintendo-ds-front-cover.jpg (800x722, 124K)

It just goes to show where video games have gone since the PS2 and how there's no room for a game like DMC anymore. DMC1 and 3 are my favorites in the series but I don't know how you make a game like that in the modern era where it's all about streamlining. I love DMC5 but it just doesn't feel like an adventure the way DMC1 and 3 did, which is fine for hardcore Bloody Palace autists who would be happy enough if the whole game took place in a white void, but for the rest of us? What are we supposed to take away from DMC5 once the mindless fun is all said and done?

Attached: SVC-Dante.jpg (696x994, 485K)

Fucking dumbasses!

Attached: 5d32e2ca40c24f4f6b12b806e2ada175.jpg (720x621, 72K)

>tfw Phantom had to be a bitch & refuse to join him

Attached: V.png (1382x4247, 2.14M)

>no vergil
shit game
next game should include vergil as an actual playable character

No John, you are the fujo

Attached: 1560926969257.png (800x800, 639K)

Well DMC6 will probably be Itsuno's last DMC game so we'll see. I think it would depend on who takes over. We may get a director that sets up Dante as the central protag again. Or we could get a director that does a time skip and we're playing as Dante, Nero and Vergil's kids.

>no ergil
Fixed

current game should include vergil as an actual playable character

Naah. That dude would have been too creepy to be around.

Attached: flipper.png (552x896, 241K)

That's because they didn't want to animate Phantom. What the fuck could a giant spider do?

I'll be surprised if Itsuno ever makes another DMC game. He said he needs to make his dream game before retiring and that's probably Dragon's Dogma 2.

Actually, 5 was Itsuno's last DMC. Pretty sure he's said that he wanted to leave the series to the new generation.

Well that didn't happen so now we hope for a dmc 6 with him.

Attached: 1553714751420.png (439x531, 113K)

lava spider stuff

Attached: Phantom-2.jpg (1919x903, 1.44M)

>Dragon's Dogma 2
I'm pretty sure his dream game is Rival Schools 3, he's said multiple times he wants to see the RS cast graduate before he retires.

I don’t care much for Bloody Palace and I still had a blast with the game. Maybe it’s just you?

A bit? It is the biggest dissapointment of the decade.

He actually said that he wants to make DMC6. According to interviews he wants to make DMC6, Dragons Dogma 2 and then retire. Not in any particular order but you get the idea. Honestly, considering how time consuming DD2 could be, he might release DMC6 first. That way he could hand the reigns over and devote all of his time to finishing DD2. DMC5 was only in development for about 3 years.

I also had a blast with the game but I really missed the adventure aspects that 1 and 3 had. There's no sense of player agency progression throughout Qlipoth. Just separate levels that are essentially tunnels and only like 2 levels try to have a semblance of world interaction.

MGSV came out this decade

>he says this when FFXV and KH3 exist

Why are DMC5 memes so awful?

>Rival Schools 3

I forgot about that one too. Fighting games don't take too long to develop either.

Is there a single justifiable reason for DMC5 not having respawning enemies? I hate having to go through all those loading screens again just to tear shit up in an enviroment that I like. Why can't we have a Bloody Palace that takes place in Dante's shop?

Attached: a314889b4aee9bcd998b7dc979592039.jpg (699x572, 85K)

>he didn't have any expectations for BotW
I get you. Open world shit alone made me think of all those empty overworlds in open world games.

Attached: big_lebowski_dmc.png (1920x1080, 2.59M)

It won't... stop... hurting. I'm excited for DS, but then I remember and feel dead inside again.

>be Mundus
>return
>Dante turns out not to have any kids
>gets one-shotted by Dante or Vergil who's way stronger than before

Attached: MundusGod.jpg (569x754, 79K)

Attached: 49005339.jpg (640x960, 95K)

All I hear is blah blah blah complain.
>Is it perfect?
No,but its like the best?
>Somee people say DMC 3 IS BETTER,BAYONETTA BAYONNETTA,NIIIIINJA GAIIIIDEN
Not surprisingly I play them(already did in the past but now seriously)and they are good... they are damm good but mygod theyare nott better!No! not in the slightest.I still remember when DMC4 launched,a very good game but with too many faults,it never was the peak unlike DMC 3 was at its moment,but DMC 5? There is literally nothing like it, nothing and Im tired of faggots suggesting good games , yes yes yes they are good but FOR FUCKS SAKE PLAY DMC 5 AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN DO IT >PLAY IT
>PLAY IT
>PLAY IT
Didnt you listen? fuccking play it DO IT RIGHHT NOW
>NOW
Nothing comes close, literally nothhing

Attached: source.gif (480x264, 1.53M)

It was very shit desu.

Link to interview? Don't think I've ever read that one although I read like 3 where he mentions DMC5, DD2, RS3, a new fighting IP, Street Fighter and a gardening game.

cringe

>I forgot about that one

I think that's the one issue with his dream to make another. A lot of people don't remember it existed. Is Capcom going to even give a green light to another School Rivals game?

>a gardening game.
a what?

Attached: 1566618685376.jpg (551x669, 95K)

Attached: 51989315_1197899467054570_3985337124901115063_n.jpg (480x480, 28K)

What would Devil Arms of Mundus, Argosax and Urizen look like? Why isn't there a Pizza devil arm?

Attached: Consider the OHOHOHO.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

They're making another mainline Megaman game. You never know, Itsuno has plenty of pull in the company.

Hey, a man has his hobbies.

Imo the story is notable as a way to delve a little deeper into Dante and Vergil's trauma while slowly placing Nero in the middle of the family drama. The plot details aren't important as much as all the context, small moments, monologues, and "final speeches" the cast has with each other. At the end of the day, this is an extended family feud. Dante realizing why Sparda left him Rebellion past "this is for my more cuhrazy son" and because he knew Dante would have the courage and self understanding to move past him and make his own sword is honestly one of the series's most interesting notes out there

>They're making another mainline Megaman game.
This surprises who again??

Attached: mm130.png (315x45, 2K)

I don't care how overpowered Vergil and Dante will be I still want to see the fight between them.

>The bosses aren't memorable like the ones in DMC1 and DMC3.
I legitimately chock this up more to you being younger when you played these games. People don't realize just how impressionable they are when much younger - not even when they're children. Urizen was a chore, but the other bosses are ridiculously fun to fight and have very distinct design / concept.

Megaman is still an iconic series and a lot of people know Megaman. He's in Smash and still has a lot of normie merch.

>dude it's just nostalgia

Nah, it's my favourite of the lot. 3 is a very close second.

Remember when they completely fucking shelved it and the fanbase went apeshit for literal years? Capcom can revive series if they get a good enough pitch. Pretty sure that Itsuno can deliver.

Urizen would be a katana most likely. Mundus would be the laser cannon from space harrier, and Argosax would be a superpower that wastes development time.

This is what I could find:

videogamer.com/news/devil-may-cry-5-director-would-rather-make-dmc-6-than-a-dmc-remake

I just want more Ghosts'n Goblins. Tokuro Fujiwara is gone though, fuck.

I hated the first half. The only thing I found redeeming was Dante's moveset but by then I was ready to move on and I never finished the game.

A good game with nostalgia is literally unbeatable,God tier

Look at this dead weight.

>this is for my more cuhrazy son
kek

I honestly think so. I played through all the DMC games at the time like 4 years ago with a month between each. DMC1 has interesting art and good atmosphere in the castle, but a lot of the game has lost its lustre. Vergil/Knight was a cool recurring boss and better than Geryon, but other than that, I really don't see how "big tarantula" strikes you as more memorable than artemis. DMC3 had more iconic bosses imo, and probably a few more memorable than DMC5 admittedly, but not by a large margin.

Finish the game baka.

Level design probably needs to be simple in DMC. That doesn't mean it can't be visually varied and not bland like much of 5. Still I just don't see what increasing the complexity of the actual levels would achieve without clashing with the combat, I mean one of the gripes with V was that his teleport would be blocked by one of the few objects littered around mostly empty arenas. Maybe im wrong but the more you build a game to have a shit ton of ways of dealing with enemies you tend to have to simplify the levels.

Redownloaded it today and remembered how shit it feels to play without CheatEngine mods and how much it crashes with them
Dude let's spoil stuff in a trailer that turns out to be last missions
Dude lmao what if enemy step habe transition animations
Dude let's remove a mechanic because QA tester did it by accident
Fuck this casual soulless piece of shit abandonware

I liked the game, but I think we can all agree V sucked to play.

>Dude let's spoil stuff in a trailer that turns out to be last missions
That's your fault though, they did warn you it was a trailer for people who were still unsure about getting it.

>Mundus would be the laser cannon
Huh I actually though this too. Like some kind of a mix between Nightmare Beta and Pandora.

>game is finished
>ABANDONWARE
I hate what the MTX-DLC paradigm has done to video games

shit sucks man

Attached: haibane3.gif (500x315, 1.02M)

When?

Attached: Nelo_Angelos_Sword.png (413x391, 632K)

Yeah it's my fault for thinking this game's story would have some payoff for 11 years instead of walking in circles and abruptly ending

I'm not talking about DLC, I'm talking about crashing issues that started happening after BP update and the devs said "lol we already out bro :)"

>I really don't see how "big tarantula" strikes you as more memorable than artemis.
I can see you're not judging the bosses as singular characters, but simply functions. Phantom and Griffon both are memorable for their shaky voices alone.

>implying Dante and Vergil making something akin to peace with each other and leaving the defense of Earth to the next generation isn't payoff

does this sword even have a name

DMC never had actual puzzles, they were just keys you use to open doors to progress through the level. DMC5 doesn't benefit from keys when the stages don't take place in one location. But people saying there's no platforming in 5 are flat out wrong, there's loads of it in the Nero stages, same goes for secret orb stashes. The game even has a secret weapon the second rocket launcher, yet no one ever mentions that either in their complaints.

Attached: dmc-5-secret-mission-1-2.jpg (2000x1069, 429K)

>BP update and the devs said "lol we already out bro :)"

They've released 3 updates since then. I've also still haven't had an issue with the game crashing on PC so I can't relate.

>Yeah it's my fault for thinking this game's story would have some payoff for 11 years instead of walking in circles and abruptly ending
See You have to realize that 1's story is literally meandering around to fight a big bad who will end the world because somebody told you. The story in DMC5 is framed as "just another saturday morning cartoon boss" except Dante's legitimately outmatched because he's going through the motions. Once Dante goes past his father's shadow, he's ready to defeat Urizen/Vergil. Once Nero goes past his father and uncle's shadow, he's able to defeat them.

>Phantom and Griffon both are memorable for their shaky voices alone.

I'll give you Griffon, I immediately heard him in my head as soon as I read your post. Phantom sounds like a shitty PS1 boss barely above Resident Evil 1's voice acting.

>game's story would have some payoff for 11 years instead of walking in circles and abruptly ending
Vergil came back and the brothers ended their feud. What more did you want?

And Goliath and Malphas are memorable to me because, you get to: so long, gay bowser !, and the other is a fucking chicken with portal abilities.

Harold

Because paying for a special edition is better? People asking for dlc are only asking because they don't want to rebuy the same game again and knowing capcom that's probably where we're headed.

>you get to: so long, gay bowser !

Attached: 1548211599666.jpg (904x864, 84K)

Donte the demon killa

>I can see you're not judging the bosses as singular characters
No, I absolutely am. I fail to see *anything* memorable in Phantom. He spouts out some one liner about recess being over and then you go to town. The music is just alright, the fight is unceremonious, and all you can really do is wail away at him through a janky combo system that hasn't aged well compared to other iterations on the same platform. DMC1's castle and ambiance aged like fine wine, but its combat, art, and voice assets aged like milk. Griffon is a little more memorable since he recurs like Vergil does, and I do legitimately like all of his associated acts outside combat. But I failt o see him outstripping his role in DMC5 of all things as both a boss AND a character. Everything you've mentioned about these bosses point to strong nostalgia for things that stayed with you rather than trying to compare these games on their own merit. I legitimately liked DMC1 and loved 3 and 4 - I honestly think DMC5 is one of the best iterations, if not the best, and that it has plenty of memorable bosses down to the music, design, animation effects, voices, etc.

>and all you can really do is wail away at him through a janky combo system that hasn't aged well compared to other iterations on the same platform.

Found the pleb who button mashed through normal and pretends to actually understand the game. Stopped there btw

>They've released 3 updates since then
they've released one

Phantom also recurs.

Attached: EBYThINU4AAILVA.png (800x800, 161K)

>nostalgia
I only played through the games for the first time in the last 6 months, literally only finished DMC5 on Wednesday, yet I still think the previous games' bosses were better than these ones. Nostalgia is for sure a factor for some people, but given that even I agree with them as a newfag there's certainly something better about them.

The story? Yes, it's trash.

Gameplay, graphics, sound? Perfect.

>Found the pleb who button mashed through normal and pretends to actually understand the game
I didn't. I played the game with combos. It's incredibly janky. The rating system is pretty cool though. But if you're trying to sell me on dante's hits having any smoothness to them, especially with the *horrible* grunts he had (stinger's "aaaagh" was especially funny), then I dunno what to tell you. DMC1 is not a complicated game.

Attached: EBYTdJqUYAIDVhR.png (800x800, 241K)

>Griffon recurs
So does Phantom, he chases you through hallways and shit and you fight him like 2 or 3 times

i had a smile in my face from beginning to end
the only disappointing thing was the fact that it ended

>loved 3 and 4
>4
Stopped reading there.

>I played the game with combos.
>combos
You're doing it wrong dumbass. DMC1 is not a game about fucking combos. Protip on phantom, you don't even attack his face except to stinger fireballs. His weak spot is on his back, helm breakers melt him retard.

How's comboing shadows going? Death scythes? fucking dipshit.

Ah you are right, forgot about that. But really, phantom is just eh. I really really don't see what there is to him as a character like the other user is suggesting
That's fair. What do you think is better about them? I think the only thing DMC5 doesn't really offer is DMC1's atmosphere and the light puzzle elements. Its attitude is very different compared to the rest of the series, as it's less somber in its levels. That being said, I think that's warranted in a final chapter type of game.

The combat however, is next to none except 4 turbo, and even then I really prefer the weapons in 5.

>what is throwing up enemies in the air, small juggle with bullets, and then stinger to finish
they're not deep, and they're not hard, but they're there.
>Protip on phantom, you don't even attack his face except to stinger fireballs. His weak spot is on his back, helm breakers melt him retard.
I'm not DSP lmao - yes obviously you get to his back and wail. I didn't even say otherwise like 2 posts ago. There was this accusation that I button mashed, so I addressed that i didn't, and now you're saying there are no combos. It's either button mash to ignore the basic options / 3-5 hit combo strings, or it's that there are no combos at all. You're losing yourself in your points.

Attached: EDUUWQ1VAAEpik2.jpg (900x1351, 152K)

Not him but defeating every enemy in the exact same way isn't interesting, the game encourages you to try new weapons on enemies to see how they react when you back track/remix enemy placements on a new game. I think when he says combo-ing, he means experimenting.

Yeah, I liked the combat in 4 a lot, and I put a lot of hours into bloody palace. You've been writing "I've stopped reading at >line I disagree with" a lot instead of actually arguing user. I did not like 4's repetitious levels at all, but 4's enormous combo potential and postgame battles were ridiculously fun. Exactly what part of that do you take offense with?

When will he get his own game?

Attached: Sparda_(Model)_DMC4SE.png (1270x2750, 2.44M)

Please play beyond normal sometimes, I know you haven't bothered so don't bullshit me. It forces you to understand the utility behind singular moves is all i'm saying.
DMC1 isn't about experimenting, it's cheesing foes. The enemies have hard counters and critical hits across the roster. Youre trying to get through the level as fast as possible, not jack the enemies off for the style meter.

I switched up weapons, except I avoided the shotgun like the plague - grenades were okay. Ifrit was cool but not amazing.
Are we gonna really prop up the needle gun as amazing combat though?

I’m honestly split on the idea of a Sparda game. On the one hand, the idea of playing as him would be really fucking cool and can bring us some interesting new combo mechanics. On the other hand, a lot of what makes Sparda interesting is the amount of intrigue and mystery about him. I’m not entirely sure if I want that to disappear.

>Please play beyond normal sometimes
I have legitimately no incentive to do so in a system that's so closed to experimenting with mechanics. I imagine some patterns are different and some dodges / jumps need to be timed more tightly, but I legitimately do not see why adding hit stun resistance would make this game more interesting. My problem with DMC1 is that it's insanely janky, and while its weapons are functional and have weight, they don't feel smooth to use together.
>DMC1 isn't about experimenting, it's cheesing foes
In what way is this an enjoyable experience?

Just because you hate fixed camera doesn't mean it was bad, you stupid fuck. It allowed for directional stingers rather than lock-on.

His DT should just be summoning his Dragon buddy.
Or maybe just have him fight in human form for most of his rebellion as a sign of solidarity to humanity or something.

Then again the easiest route could be just giving him a large aura like how enemies do in the games when they DT.

I just think they have more personality and dialogue than a grey armoured knight coming up and saying 2 generic lines at you before you fight. Other games had bosses with personality too e.g.: Agni & Rudra, Echidna. The new designs look cool and the fights are undoubtedly more complex and interesting but the banter before the fight is half the fun. King Cerberus and Malphas are better for this reason, but the new ones don't hit back with anything more than just a generic edgy "You will die" and a growl. Having recurring bosses/characters with personality like Phantom make for a much more satisfying fight.

wow you're right lets go back to fixed cam

If Nero wielded Sparda think he would have taken his form?

>tfw you will never spawn fancy chairs like Vergil

Attached: Untitled.png (437x415, 345K)

I wouldn't care but I also would rather just have a DMC game with Dante and no other characters. Maybe have Vergil and the rest of the characters have playable modes after the story.

It's true it's clunky, but that's where the fun in mastery really is.

>In what way is this an enjoyable experience?
Because i'm not playing just to throw down some combos on demons, but more rather speedrunning the game. That's the appeal to 1 to me.

No but I think if you were going to replay the game again, wouldn't it be more interesting to try using Ifirit more than Alistor just for the game to feel more fresh instead of experiencing the same game again ?

"DMC1 isn't about experimenting, it's cheesing foes. "
But once you figure out their weakness and best way to kill them, isn't all the fun gone from them ? I understand why people like ranks and mission scores but what's left when you get an S rank on everything? Just stop playing? That might be the way to play, but I always thought the game was aimed to make to get better through experimenting and having fun doing it. It's what drew me the series in the first place since it feels like the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games, which have the same goal for the player.

Sparda, in some shape or form, is the villain of DMC6.

Attached: Consider.jpg (600x600, 50K)

This is an improvement of his 4 design

That confuses me. Did he still have control over the Tree after merging.
I figured the Tree would have died after it made the fruit and it was eaten.
As that was it's main purpose.
I guess having it's boss die a few minutes later made it go berserk.

Nero had Sparda in his hand for a few moments after beating Sanctius but before handing it to Dante. First time through, I actually thought Dante was getting a new weapon. Funny how DMC5's the first time Dante wielded Sparda since DMC1 & alternate costumes.

>But once you figure out their weakness and best way to kill them, isn't all the fun gone from them ? I understand why people like ranks and mission scores but what's left when you get an S rank on everything?
I keep my interest by doing Hard/DMD New Game runs, no saves. Once i run out of yellow orbs, that's the game for the day. I strive for S ranks, but haven't perfected the routes yet.

Considering fights like Nightmare and that one section that had you trapped in with a Sin Scissors exist in DMC1, yes, it was bad.

Attached: d97.jpg (1422x799, 465K)

I wish there was more bosses and less V, but I liked it

Well it would be an easy way to nerf Dante and Vergil.
Their swords belonged to him so if Sparda took them back he'd get a massive power up and the Twins would need to climb back up, and find their own power beyond their Devil Arms like how Nero did in 5.

I don't see it happening and not sure whether I'd like it but it could be done.

I'm thinking it was Urizen's power. Nico's report said those things were his weapons and armor, kinda begging the question if that meant Urizen came at you naked.

Attached: Untitled.png (1600x900, 799K)

Considering V came out naked, I believe Urizen had Vergil's clothes warped underneath.

Fair enough as long as you enjoy it, but do you even like the other games in the series if that's the case? Especially 4/5 with Dante being overpowered with so many options aimed at letting the player do what they want, rather what they should.

Do you think Dante gives him shit and calls him king of hell

Itsuno promised the best DMC game yet and it wasn't even as good as 1, 3 or 4

In some ways even DmC was better, I'm not kidding

Attached: 1553206837678.jpg (585x490, 97K)

it was vastly better than 4 and 1. Arguable on 3. Even implying DmC is comparable is a joke.

>it’s wasn’t even as good as 1,3, or 4
It’s literally a finished 4, are you daft?
>In some ways even DmC was better, I'm not kidding
Oh wait, you’re just retarded.

The only part that disappointed me was showing that they could do co-op, but then severely limiting it. I would rather they just didn't include it at all, because now I am stuck lamenting the fact that co-op Bloody Palace could have been really fun, but they chose not to do it.

I always wondered what happened to V's clothes after they rejoined. The manga shows V robbed them off someone but did they just disappear?

I mean I had a lot of fun with it and it was really good, so no, not really. I didn't find it disappointing but I also don't have unrealistic expectations for games like a lot of you retards do.

I'm pretty sure 5 was Itsuno's last DMC game.
He didn't definitively say "I wont make any more DMC games ever", but he said he wants to do different things and pretty much everyone is under the impression that whenever DMC6 happens it's not going to be an Itsuno directed game.

>DMC game where Dante doesn't have his Rebellion/Sparda/DSD & Vergil doesn't have Yamato
>Vergil spending most of the game bullying Dante because Vergil's power is in Urizen & the Qlipoth fruit & thus losing Yamato is nowhere near the nerf as Dante losing DSD

Attached: SoupyDimEquestrian-small.gif (445x250, 821K)

Well said

>playing through mission 11 on Hell and Hell mode
>no damage all level
>get to boss fight
>get hit 4 times and game over
Fuck this game

Attached: 1399727185754.gif (255x164, 939K)

I grew up with them, but the first is the only one I actively play anymore. I accept the series branched from my interest.

Attached: 33004485-724-1023.jpg (724x1023, 739K)

I guess Vergil keeps them in a pocket dimension.
Same place Dante stores all his spare devil arms.

Hope they just canonize that as a power of theirs.
They bothered explaining why they have bottomless magazines via demon magic.

That or maybe Vergil's new clothes are the fusion between his old DMC3 clothes and V's outfit and that's why they are more black than blue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>be Cerberus
>finally used by Dante for the first time in forever
>get shattered to destroy a piece of Yamato
>Dante gets a superior version a month or so later

Attached: DA_Cerberus.gif (600x600, 80K)

>as good as 4
>DmC

Attached: bait.png (343x531, 12K)

It's better than 3 and 4 and equal to 1 in my opinion.

>ywn fall asleep watching anime with Vergil.

Shit sucks, yo.

Attached: 1546828211730.jpg (500x473, 28K)

Cocksucking samefag

1Dante still has the best design.

>Vergil spawns a chair and sits back while his doppel fights for him

Attached: 1551155685814.jpg (2160x3840, 834K)

Which one?

DMC4 has more gameplay variety and faster, snappier mechanics than 5, so it's the better game for me

5 is better than DmC overall but at least DmC had better level design, more imaginative enemies, and a stiffer challenge level, so in some ways it is indeed better

5 is a good game but it was disappointing considering the hype, wait, and potential

Attached: Devil-May-Cry-5_2018_09-19-18_005.jpg (1146x645, 83K)

Attached: Guiding-of-the-Soul_upscaled_image_x4.jpg (2896x4092, 3.62M)

I'm not saying we should go back. I'm saying I like both. And if a future DMC had fixed camera, I wouldn't fucking mind, because I was able to play DMC1 and DMC3 just fine. Not my fault you suck.

Yeah I've been saying that since I finished it.
3 playable characters in a shared campaign was a mistake.
Level and environment design also sucked ass.

>thinks someone is samefagging an hour after his post
Delusional retard.

Attached: file.png (707x240, 22K)

you could have a directional stinger with something like tapping the direction twice and pressing melee, fixed camera has nothing to do with it. you're attributing a move with a camera system, kill yourself retard

5. 5 is better than 3 and 4 and equal to 1 for me.

>alternate universe Sparda left Dante with Yamato & Vergil with Rebellion
>Dante, disliking his demonic half, splits into D & Ante immediately but realizes he's dying so D spends most of his time trying to get Ante to rejoin him
>Ante, representing Dante's desires & lusts, takes the form of a giant Pizza
>Vergil realizes Rebellion's ability early on and repeatedly fuses more and more Devil Arms into himself
>Devil Hunter Vergil offers discounted prices if the demon hunted is strong enough to be fused into himself

Attached: Smug Sekai.png (334x451, 256K)

Ah, okay then. For a second, I thought you meant the reboot.

Never. Although that shit is still better than 2.

>DMC4 has more gameplay variety
You’re joking, right?
>but at least DmC had better level design, more imaginative enemies, and a stiffer challenge level
You’re joking, right?

Considering how Yamato got repaired after getting shattered I still have the smallest of hopes that it could be revived.
The fusion might have merged the Fruit's power up with Yamato, as it's called the source of his power.
Some basically theorize it's already basically Devil Sword Vergil at this point but this is all still ambiguous.

Attached: 1553531841299.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Not that user you're responding to, but I'd say DMC4 Dante definitely has the most shit you can do with him considering Lucifer pins, Inertia and reversals

If I remember right, Urizen's crystal-shield thing is Yamato. Maybe he took it into himself after eating the fruit, thus why it reappears separate after Vergil comes back.

At that point Vergil since he was already stronger would have taken Yamato and merged it into him as well.
He'd basically be able to gain Force Edge in this hypothetical version of DMC3 fairly easily as there would be nothing that could tire him enough for Arkham to sucker punch him.

But half the game is fucking backtracking. DMC5 has more gameplay variety than DMC4 when it comes to overall character movesets and missions, especially when it comes to Nero.

That could explain why he doesn't use the blade after eating the fruit.
Was just concentrating on the power to be directly in his body.

>mfw vergil left because he doesn't want to pay decades of child support to nero

Attached: Laughing Noctis.jpg (1280x720, 329K)

brap

>B-But
You DMC5 faggots are a plague.

>Vergil gets all the power he could ever want, even more if he goes to the underworld for some qlipoth fruit
>Dante gets to enjoy a normal life, until whatever kid he has develops demon powers

I'm not talking in terms of levels, just in terms of pure combo and depth, then 4Dante is the peak of action games.
As an overall game I think 5 is much better, and 5Dante is still deep as fuck, but speaking in terms of pure combo depth 4Dante is still the peak

So does Vergil lose pic related after boss fight 2?

Attached: DA_Beowulf.png (1000x1000, 725K)

>dumbass doesn’t even know what gameplay variety means
DMC3 is my overall favorite but you are actually retarded if you think DMC4 compares as a complete experience when it comes to DMC5.

Yes.
He doesn't use them in bossfight 3 IIRC.
I don't know how he lost them really.
I guess he got really fucking clumsy when Arkham raised the tower.

yes

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (864x587, 666K)

I curse my seed in bitter grief and woe
That made my payments so high, and my debits, so low

Attached: 1552339370084.jpg (2048x1449, 301K)

If she gave him up for adoption than he becomes the states problem. They paid for his support.

Attached: 1553474244890.jpg (1200x675, 79K)

If he doesn't come back he can't get his book again.

When?

Attached: Alastor_(DA)_DMC1.png (450x475, 103K)

granade launcher was rad, fuck kalina ann

Turbo mode and/or Vergil when?

>Kamiya tells Itsuno to feel free to change up Dante's image and give him a weapon that's not a sword
>replaces sword with new one instead

Attached: stock-photo-black-man-eating-popcorn-350784569.jpg (450x335, 44K)

Gonna have to wait for capcom to jew us again with a special edition

Dante barely swears, and when he does it’s rated PG and funny rather than edgy. All I can think of is, “Not dying, my ass! That bitch slap nearly killed me!”

What else did he say?

when Trish is playable

You know when.

Attached: 1568249255277.jpg (1416x758, 509K)

>something like tapping the direction twice and pressing melee
that was cumbersome and clunky when DmC did it, no thanks

He doesn't even swear that much. The worst he said was "Holy shit". He swore more in the anime and even dropped a couple f-bombs. It's canon.

i don't like how he called vergil a dumbass twice

Attached: 1568253310669.jpg (978x922, 120K)

But he is

Not him but he says Vergil wasted his time on all sorts of useless shit.

I don’t remember that. I remember, “holy shit” when he sees the ruins of his house. “Longass nap” in Mission 11. And calling Vergil a dumbass a bunch of times.

"dummy" would have sufficed

Attached: 1566274928348.png (973x1080, 1.01M)

I love that line that goes "my dumbass brother's back and I'm gonna rip him a new one", I couldn't take their ''''''duel''''' seriously after that at all

It's mid-fight so maybe it didn't play for you.youtube.com/watch?v=MdbPkv_Yvjk&t=3m42s

Nah, I just forgot. Thanks

He should have called him deadweight like he did in the novel.

>Come to meee, brother. IiiiIiii shaaall enlighten yoouuu. DANTE!

Attached: Nero.jpg (900x506, 51K)

>nomnom

So after DMC5 has Yamato received an upgrade or was it just Vergil?

This is a question for every single hardcore DMC3fag out there.

Tell me straight up why you thought DMC5 was inferior to it overall?

DMC3 didn't even V in it

>Danteeee

Attached: 1549014465316.png (688x433, 184K)

>didn't even
*didn't have

Methinks Nero's original right arm is somewhere in there.

Well it would explain how Vergil started storing the blade in his arms and upgrade his spectral powers when he achieved Sin Trigger.

Attached: I THINK I'M GONNA-.jpg (1024x576, 83K)

Things that were disappointing:
Dante's new sword, but that really isn't much of an issue
the music and the story are so jarringly different compared to the rest of the series in a bad way. DT and all the remixes are the only songs worth anything
the story is really bad, they must have listened to the people who said "dmc doesn't have a story" and not bothered or something
"oh hey remember Cerberus, well here he is aren't you feeling nostalgic? What do you mean his design is bland and boring compared to 3?"

Everything else is good

>Tomboy Devil Breaker
>One Night Stand
>Rendezvous
What did they mean by this?

Argosax would undoubtedly be a fiery whip-sword.

Pretty sure dmc3 dt already hat the arm sheath

Attached: 1454243148825.webm (720x480, 1012K)

If you want god tier combat you should have played Yakuza

Attached: 1559419148048.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

ew ghey

which is more than what can be said for DMC5

Yep that's a boy,

COME TO ME KYOUDAI, I SHALL ENLIGHTEN YOUU

Meant the blade just getting absorbed into it but I get your point.
I guess the sheathe evolved into those arm blades.

BAH, ANOTHER SMALL ONE
I SENSED SOMETHING A LITTLE BIGGER
WHAT A DISAPPOINTING CAAAAATCH

Pizza devilarm is what Dante would turn into if he ever gets defeated. I think Mundus would be a scepter.

Something like Mistral's weapon would be great.

If by a bit you mean massively then i agree with you

"I hope you got something inside that big body of yours."
Why does every DMC1 Dante line sound like it's from porn?

He was short on cash in that period, please understand

yakuza combat is shit, user

Sorry to disappoint you, it was pretty great actually

more

Attached: cpd4dz24jeo11.jpg (1920x2160, 503K)

>he hasn't used his brain in a very long time

V was great, the ultimate pleb filter

>implying pic related would fuck a boy

Attached: Sengoku_Rance_-_Rance_1325.jpg (300x300, 30K)

DMC3 Special Edition I guess.

I think Vergil would be hyper reluctant to use the thing considering it would remind him of his Angelo days constantly.
Maybe Fortuna has it?
They did state they found the remains of a Black Angel.
Could have been a Proto or Vergil's old armor.

V at least is super angry at all the Angelos. No doubt heavily disgusted at Urizen employing what should be traumatic and forgotten moments of his life.

I thought the sword was just Yamato being corrupted.

basically this

Considering all the Angelos are based on Sparda (and maybe Dante/Vergil data) I wonder if they count as extended family.

If the game had a bigger enemy roster I'd have probably saved the Angelos as a secret enemy.
Beat them all to get Nelo Angelo's Blade or something as a reward or something. Figure pooling all their souls together could get you a Devil Arm at least.

I want fan art of Arkham kicking Vergil so hard that Beowulf flies off his arms and legs.

The Visions of V manga reveals that when Vergil fought Mundus right after DMC3, Yamato was shattered and separated from him.
Vergil is basically just bound in a suit of armor instead of it being a special Devil Trigger and the great sword came with the suit I guess.
Kind of like how Cavalierre just came with a Lance/Sword.

Since Super corrupt Vergil was a non canon bonus they had the blade replace Yamato and Force Edge when DTing.

What is the proper way to fuck a tomboy?

Attached: 11.jpg (901x1594, 825K)

Just Vergil, Yamato is still the same Yamato

Yeah, I never thought the zhweihander was yamato cause of 3SE, just cause I had no idea where else the order could have found it.

>Dante obtains more power by fusing with SPARDA
>Vergil obtains more power by eating the same fruit as MUNDUS
>Vergil also spent lots of time as Nelo Angelo, presumably getting power from Mundus

Attached: Consider the following.png (824x720, 430K)

The idea of Dante being broke all the time wasn't a concept till the light novel. Even then it didn't become a defining characteristic till the anime where it was something that came up every single episode. This was supposed to imply that he wasn't one to care about money, that he placed it pretty low on the list of priorities but they really went overboard with that and it's become a joke.

You're disappointing.

Attached: 1564785933974.png (2231x1744, 1.28M)

While Dante fully inherited and turned Sparda's legacy into his own. Which DSD symbolized.

Both of Vergil's sides wound up taking elements from Mundus. V with his minions and Urizen had the 3rd eye on the forehead, propensity for sitting on a throne and his method for eventually attaining power.

>i am autistic
>b-but you're a retard
What a cuckold

>Nero
>can afford room & board for himself & Kyrie
>can afford Nico's services
>likely got paid handsomely by Morrison & the military & citizens for saving them
>reputation as a devil hunter skyrocketing as ending pictures show Nero celebrating among surviving soldiers
>likely the #1 devil hunter on the planet as Dante & Vergil are unavailable, currently taking care of the Qilpoth tree
>Dante
>repeatedly has Trish & Lady bail him out
>repeatedly has his place trashed, probably makes a large chunk of his revenue from insurance
>Lady considers him undateable because of lacking responsibilities
>DMC4 SE quotes on Dante needing to care for his business
It's phenomenal how better adjusted Nero is.

Attached: Laughing Zebraman.gif (480x300, 3.81M)

He had a stabilizing influence and not as much direct trauma.
Instead of basically being two loners/mercenaries like the twins he was part of an order of knights in a fairly close community.

Yeah the anime turned it into some kind of a gimmick that became Dante's "thing", making it a significantly overplayed part of his character.

What I find so funny about this is that this dude for months was using DMC Threads like it was /soc/. He was telling everyone he looked like Nero and kept posting his pictures of himself and attention whoring. It's funny that he said "sorry for blogposting" when that was all he did. That's how I know it's him because he told us he was going to dress as Nero for his college crap. This post is the post that finally got rid of him. He posted one more time to tell us he didn't even ask out the right girl on Facebook and never posted again.

post memes/reaction images i lost my dmc folder not too long ago

Attached: IMG_20190822_184216.jpg (348x430, 19K)

Attached: 37b3112a5459ea5d6f066c9b7a06745e.jpg (445x680, 41K)

>It's phenomenal how better adjusted Nero is.
No, it's a badly written and illogical half thought idea. Why is he always in debt? He lives in the slums of the city, he lives at his office and he only pays for bills, food and possibly gas. The money he's paid is always substantial. He is constantly working, even if after 3 it's become a thing that they force him into it. I've never seen Lady do anything except take money from him so what did she do that has him forever in debt to her, not like she landed him a shit ton of money since since she'd need to have a shit ton of money to lend. He's just always broke and owing money for the hell of it, so you can say so, than for any real reason.

>I've never seen Lady do anything except take money from him so what did she do that has him forever in debt to her
it's said somewhere that she saved his business a few times

Attached: 51419472.jpg (960x960, 75K)

How many toys do you think she has made for herself already?

Sweet Surrender was RIGOROUSLY tested

First I type it out! Then I post it!
With, no, remorse!
Every user...! It irritates! Until...!
With great dissent! I...spread it thin!
In the end, we're all justified and your (You)s belong to me.

Attached: dante_l.png (700x646, 438K)

How much does it cost to 'save a business' when you work off your house? It's not like he had to answer to investors, pay for advertising, owed money to the manufacturers or was unable to pay for HR, law department or his other employees. He was one step away from being a dude who works off a garage.

Attached: 54522925.jpg (960x960, 66K)

King Cerberus theme is ok

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Why are you so obsessed with trying to shit on the game, OP?
arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/220px-Devil_May_Cry_5.jpg/

Rigorously tested on Lady.

Attached: 1561065755347.gif (268x380, 2.85M)

Attached: 54729924.png (960x628, 526K)

That's gay.

Attached: 1555018479803.jpg (900x934, 88K)

Attached: +_ee1a19b6f693a15a279f70e0d99571d6.png (255x266, 59K)

Think it's falseflagging to get a DMC thread going.

He secretly wants a DMC Thread.

Attached: 1554588248889.png (720x1280, 530K)

Attached: 54770921.jpg (762x762, 102K)

>4 missions that are JUST a boss fight

The game's pacing is bad and its levels largely unmemorable. Nothing really stands out. The city being corrupted by the roots was a much more interesting setting than the tree that is just slightly different colors of "organic material like viscera" for everything.

Attached: 1554099605668.jpg (900x900, 82K)

Does the gameplay even get good? It feels sluggish and crap at the start.

Unlock enough moves I suppose.
Feel fairly limited at the start in most of these games.

Nope

Just upgrade it the magazine to max and set the ones you want to rotate, then break them, orbs are piss easy to get so buying them is not an issue.

TLOU2 is the oscarbait of video games,pretentious trash for snobs,also somehow people actually buy that the gameplay shown wasnt scripted as fuck and its all free flow

Phantom was tainted by being a boss in DMC2
Even Vergil didn't want to have any memories of that

Vergil has good taste

Seriously, why did he just pop up like this? Where was the dialogue? Why does Dante not say a single thing?

Attached: 631510_20190608013736_1.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

We honestly have no clue why. There's no real explanation for that or why DMC1 bosses are part of Argosax.

First play through was good. Everything after that was shit.

>disappointing
That's the thing. I expected DmC shit only and got DMC4: vergil revival edition (with a fag necromancer, but eh). Gameplay is awesome, graphics are even better, story is alright, could be better but still very good game

Was it too hard?

Vergil when.

Attached: EEbLyoEU0AAWAhx.jpg (1080x1920, 236K)

He's just a big damage sponge to mash on too. No outer armor.

here you go, it's a firearm

Attached: dmc dante pizza weapon.png (628x529, 23K)

>having real Nero was shit

Attached: dmc bait.png (625x626, 56K)

dmc2 strategy book says he appears because of a time paradox

Is this custom posed? all that clipping is triggering the fuck out of me

based

I think he uses camera mods

this is good shit

Doesn't look like Dante is supposed to be even holding the DSD there. like he's supposed to have something slim like Rebellion.