What's wrong with the Epic Games Store? They don't really have anything I want...

What's wrong with the Epic Games Store? They don't really have anything I want, but the exclusives only require you install a program, right? If anything the fact that someone's giving Steam competition will mean a healthier market, or more likely EGS will eventually fade into optionality and obscurity and then put their games on Steam.

Attached: 1455255652051.png (400x371, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tweaktown.com/news/65367/gog-com-barely-making-profit/index.html
gog.com/news/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program
youtube.com/watch?v=3JP4XxcyCAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ebin store missing literally all the features that make steam worth using in the first place
>chinks throwing around chink money to hold games hostage
>healthy competition

Attached: 1568471090888.jpg (3744x5616, 1.16M)

well it doesnt, im either gonna pirate it or wait until its cracked/comes to steam

Every time I (am forced to) use Steam, Uplay or any other similar client I find myself thinking about how shitty they all are, what features could possibly make Steam worth using

Controller mapping has been fucking up my DS4 while I try to play Sekiro

On top of all it's spyware that scans your computer, unless they stopped which I doubt.

Brian, no!

>What's wrong with the Epic Games Store?
Chink spyware.
Publisher-focused instead of consumer-focused.
Shit software
Kike business practices.

Attached: 1547728744020.jpg (298x877, 54K)

not everyone is an antisocial weirdo like you user

How is it a healthier market if I'm paying 59,99 for a new game no matter what?

GYNA?
GYNA!
GYNA...

>comma as a decimal separator
because making europeeners suffer is always a good thing

Attached: clean burning hell.webm (718x480, 333K)

Attached: 1568429954321.png (1914x4402, 1.65M)

healthier market means nothing when exclusivity only for certain stores. the fact that PC community managed to fend off bad business practice like subscription monthly fee for online access and the online experience so you don't have to pay monthly just to play online play with your friends,

>Download a gorillion shitty launchers
>healthy market

All the people in the gaming industry I don't like seem to like and support EGS. Devs who take the bait seem to be entitled and asshatty about it.

If you want someone to leave a good setup to try something new, you need to give them a good reason. EGS has yet to give me any reason to support or like them

Also, most Steam users seem perfectly happy to go to GOG to get a game that Steam doesn't have or just to support them instead and literally no one minds that at all.
It's not "reee i only use steam, how dare you compete", it's the particular criticisms of EGS that has caused the negative perception.

Why do retards think competition is good as an end in and of itself?
Competition is good because it makes the competitors raise their standards, delivering a better standard for consumers overall. If the competition comes in the form of exclusivity deals, that's bad for consumers. That's not any form of competition worth praising.
Getting the sense that people who praise EGS for bringing competition to the market are either missing the forest for the trees or just outright shills.

GOG at least tries to fill a niche that steam does not. EGS just forced their way in while putting no effort to give value back to the consumer. They didn't even have preloading until gearbox did it for them. No one likes any of the shitty publisher launchers not because steam is better but because they're pointless.

sure thing pal

Cry more

>If anything the fact that someone's giving Steam competition will mean a healthier market

NOOOOOOO, ALL GAMES SHOULD BE ON STEAM. IF ANOTHER STORE IS SUCCESSFUL, THAT MEANS GAMES WON'T BE ON STEAM REEEEEEE

Attached: 1531497521396.jpg (647x778, 83K)

now i feel like i'm being baited to be upset because there's no other reason you'd delete this just to post again while ignoring all the obvious reasons everyone pointed out that refutes any argument for EGS

No proof it's spyware

Exclusivity hasn't hurt games at all. It has exposed Steam fanboys, though.

>REEEE EPIC
>REEEE STEAM
fuck off with this storefront wars shit, we (yes WE)
all need to work together to destroy them before they kill PC gaming permanently

>Shills are now just trying get you to install the program.

Oh yeah, that doesn't make EGS sound like an intended malware program at all.

Piracy was Steam's competition.

YS promising availability on steam when they fund raise for it then pulling the option out after they've already taken the customers money and not giving them a refund option isn't hurting the game industry? How likely do you think those fans or people who read that story are going to be to fund a game when they think the promises won't be kept because EGS will just hand the developer a bag full of money not to do so? They're literally widening the rift between developers, fans and sellers and breaking down trust between them. It's poisoning the market.
Hopefully that situation will actually be resolved since they're saying they're going to try to address it but I personally see no reason why those backers should trust them now.

The loud minority can get their refund. Everyone else is just interested in playing Shenmue 3.

see

>moneyhatting
>healthy competition
you fucking retarded faggot

>YS promising availability on steam when they fund raise
Not true, it was simply "PC" at the time.
>and not giving them a refund option isn't hurting the game industry?
You can't refund on kickstarter.
>How likely do you think those fans or people who read that story are going to be to fund a game when they think the promises won't be kept because EGS will just hand the developer a bag full of money not to do so?
Oh yes, thanks to EGS shenmue got a few new goals on kickstarter. True fans are mad, i heard at least 20 people refunded so far.
It's just another launcher

What feature does egs have that is worth using?

If you do not have the confidence in your platform to not aggressively hijack games and ransom them out with said platform, why on earth would the consumers have any confidence in it?

EGS is a shit product and Epic themselves know it, which is why they try to make people use it by bundling it with better products.

They don't want to complete with steam, they want to replace them as the major market share holder.
They're absolutely going to have every problem steam has, on top of offering an inferior launcher and likely also bullying the smaller platforms like gog and itch, if they succeed.
The exclusively deals don't only hurt steam, and I would bet they wouldn't stop even if steam went away tommorow. Though the nature and payout would certainly change.

>They don't want to complete with steam, they want to replace them as the major market share holder.

And you don't think Steam/Valve had this in mind with being responsible for the death of retail?

I never said steam was a good thing.
The crux of my argument is that epic is steam but somehow worse, after all.
Worse in a technical sense, I don't really see any moral justification for one or the other.

Are you trying to gaslight people? They said backers would get steam keys.

The death of retail is a consequence of advances in technology combined with human nature. Buying digital is a hassle-free experience that doesn't even require you to leave the house. If Steam didn't offer a marketplace for digital goods, someone else would have.

And others tried too. Valve came out on top because they kept continually evolving their platform. Now Epic is getting into the ring with a barebones platform instead of using all that time they had to observe Steam during its 17 year run and shipping with features set to challenge the state of Steam today.

Steam and Epic are both DRM platforms and gaming was better without them. I hate that Steam is the only way I can play some games, and I don't bother with other launchers outside Ubisoft's trash one so I can play For Honor with my younger brother who loves it.

I miss YTMND so much...

ITT : shills and shitposters avoiding the issues of EGS for free (You)s

Steam already has plenty of competition though.

Like?

>Steam already has plenty of competition though.
Steam is blatantly monopoly steamshill. There no competion, only Steam.

EGS has issues, but they will be fixed.

The "problem" of exclusivity is just one made up by Steamies who shit their diapers over actual competition.

workshop is cool

>what is GOG

>EGS removes road map of features
Tell me more about when will those issues be fixed
>Steam doesn't actually buy devs for exclusivity
Dude made up term by steamies! Nevermind that it's illegal in many businesses!
>doesn't actually benefit the consumer at any point
And that's the only (You) you will get from me. Give me actual proof that EGS is better, I'm waiting.

>Give me actual proof that EGS is better, I'm waiting.

It isn't better than Steam, but I'm glad it's around.

>but I'm glad it's around
why?

Actual competition to Steam

1 store having a monopoly on a product isn't competition though. It would be competition if multiple stores had the product, but had different deals on it.

Steam isn't perfect, but the solution is not introducing more flavors of shitty DRM.

Weird, I had no idea Steam was the only store I could buy PC games on.

as with all features on steam, the cool aspect about workshop is the social one. it doesnt really make modding easier just a better experience

GOG is a joke and barely alive.

tweaktown.com/news/65367/gog-com-barely-making-profit/index.html

gog.com/news/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program

Uplay and Origin are just for meme first party games nobody cares about.

Epic is actually interested in competing with Steam, instead of being some weird, floppy noodle that's out there that you sometimes use like Battle.net.

>interested in competing with Steam
>ebin store missing literally all the features that make steam worth using in the first place
>chinks throwing around chink money to hold games hostage

>What's wrong with the Epic Games Store?
It's owned by chinese instead of jews, which makes it antisemitic.

Nobody used Steam for the features when it launched. People only used it to play HL2. Hell, even by The Orange Box in 2007, it was still barely worth using.

It's not 2004 anymore faggot

And yet everyone had flocked to it by 2010 and Valve didn't have to buy any exclusives to do it.

>its okay because steam, 15 fucking years ago, was also bad!
jesus christ user

>someone's giving Steam competition
>by using anticompetitive tactics
Literal retard

Just because you weren't even alive in 2004 doesn't make Steam suddenly good retroactively. It's good now, but that took years, you zoomer fucks.

yeah and im sure epic launcher will be good in 10 years too. ill wait until then. glad you understand!

BRIAN NO

>service shouldn't be judged by today's standards, it should be judged by the standards of when similar service launched for the first time
What kind of commie logic is this

Yes, it is good now. And the Steam of the present is what Epic is competing against, not the Steam of 16 years ago.

Thus, they should have come out with a platform worth a damn. They didn't though, and when no one used it because it sucks, they are now resorting to paying off devs and ransoming their games to get people to use their shitty product.

Or, because you have the powers of foresight thanks to Steam, you can predict EGS will be good at some point in the future.

>pc gets the option of using various peripherals to play your games
>watch someone play an EGS exclusive title
>he only owns a nintendo pro controller
>works fine for pc
>but EGS game wont register it
>boots the game through steam
>controller works
GOG is just as guilty, but gog also offers DRM free, doesnt buy exclusive titles and does regional pricing.
i got no reason to use EGS.

how does moneyhatting help you as a consumer? how are you benefitting?

yeah and ill use it if it gets better than steam lmao
what strain of autism do you have

Attached: 1530458332164.jpg (222x293, 19K)

Well it's not a direct benefit, but I did hear about Phoenix Point thanks to Steam user screeching. I legit wouldn't have known about it until that EGS exclusivity switch

That's fine, but just don't pretend it won't get better.

It probably will get better, but will it be too little too late at that point? You don't enter a market to compete against the top dog with a shit product with the PROMISE that it will get better. You need to come out swinging. Seems like Epic missed the memo on that.

Maybe when they start offering positive competition like lower prices I'll pay attention as well.

The exclusives are them coming out swinging. Even the Fortnite exclusive Borderlands item reminds me of The Orange Box/TF2 and Sam & Max preorder items.

I just don't get what the screeching is about. Exclusives really don't affect me.

>Oh no, Control is exclusive to egs!

Just pirate it. I don't see the big deal.

Yeah, was hoping they'd do more of what they did with WWZ where they announced it'd be cheaper because of EGS.

youtube.com/watch?v=3JP4XxcyCAA

Competing with exclusive titles is frowned upon because you are not really competing with the features of your product, just placing other products behind yours so people who want access to those products will have to use your product. If they had a good platform with all of the features of Steam and then some, they wouldn't have to resort to exclusives to get people interested.

>That's fine, but just don't pretend it won't get better.
why the fuck are you even posting here? the reason everybody shits on ebin store is because its shit RIGHT NOW

jesus christ wheres your tard wrangler

Okay, so you don't understand what competition means. Competition is when two companies offer an identical service to an identical group of consumers and they end up lowering prices and sweetening deals for the consumers in hopes of increasing demand and drawing people to their store instead of the other. This is not competition. In fact, Epic Store is actively making the entire digital download marketplace worse for the consumer, and the services they offer are in no way equal.

If Epic Store was 1:1 with Steam, people would still prefer to use Steam because of their library

Epic is doing the best two things it can right now: Free games to build up a library and exclusives to drive people to the store.

Or, they could have all the features of Steam AND have the free games promotion, which is something Steam does not have and would thus give EGS the edge in the eyes of the consumer.

THAT would be actual competition.

>hold games hostage
>The platform is literally free to download
>The game is the same price it'd be on Steam
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 1557654142433.jpg (375x375, 39K)

What I also like is that epic drones will turn around and call steam a "monopoly," which not only shows that they don't know what a monopoly is, it shows how little self-awareness they have. Epic using preexisting capital- fortnite dollars and Chinese shekels- to have a product solely being available from their store is pretty much the textbook definition of a monopoly on that product.

i thought chinks were supposed to be high iq

>download our spyware and our CPU-ruining DRM or no games for you

That would definitely be the superior way to do it, but software development and testing takes time. There's a reason it took Valve till 2010 to add user reviews, when Amazon had them for more than a decade at that point.

>Wanna play [Game]? Then download EGS, goy!

Even if it free to download, that game is still held hostage by epic as it is available nowhere else.

remember, there is absolutely nothing wrong with pirating epic exclusives, because the developers have already been paid by sweeney and the chinese investors.
especially indie games. fuck any indie dev who takes a bag of cash to put their game on epic then tries to hide behind a facade of "M-MUH STEAM %70"

Then Epic should have refrained from entering the market until they had a product capable of competing with the current market leader, instead of putting together a rickety launcher and annihilating the goodwill of the consumers by engaging in the most anti-consumer marketing tactics in the book.

>Well it's not a direct benefit
so why the fuck are you happy that they're moneyhatting? you're the consumer, you're supposed to look out for YOUR best interest you idiot. epic is a literal botnet and they're attempting to force you to use it via exclusives

>and annihilating the goodwill of the consumers

It's clear it's a very loud minority. Refunds for Phoenix Point was a tiny fraction of people who helped with the Kickstarter.

>and they're attempting to force you to use it via exclusives

Yea Forums was okay with this with Origin, uPlay and Battle.net

>b-b-but first parties!!!1

Don't care, they should be on Steam by your logic because it'd be more convenient for me (and it would)

They totally should, but we can do about as much about that as we can about console exclusives. Extending that system to third party exclusives is a case of standards slipping from bad to worse.

Its the equivalent of console warring but for pc fags.

Steam fucking blows though, who the hell does anything other then buy games through steam?

Did you really just try to "don't care" a completely valid arguement?

I actually prefer the EGS method because they will be on Steam for me to buy at some point.

When can I buy Overwatch on Steam with my CS:GO weapon skins?

>your argument doesn't count if I quote it with a stutter
I don't have a problem with devs using their own platform for they games because that's not what moneyhatting is
also, we're deviating from the subject. you've yet to explain why you're glad EGS does what it does

First party exclusives are fine, because it means that they are using their own work to draw people to their store, instead of doing nothing but throwing a fat wad of cash at someone.

>you've yet to explain why you're glad EGS does what it does

Didn't I say it already? Competition to Steam. Nobody should have their eggs in one basket, which is why I also have a GOG account and currently an EGS account for collecting the free games.

>Competition is inherently good
explain why the competition EGS provides is healthy for the industry

>having an EGS acc

>I actually prefer the EGS method because they will be on Steam for me to buy at some point.
Doesn't mean EGS isn't lowering standards. There was never a chance of first party games appearing on other stores. Now we have to worry about it happening to third parties too. Fewer options for more games is reality.

>Its the equivalent of console warring but for pc fags.
Except even dumber because you don't have to buy into anything, so there's zero reason to have loyalty to any given store. At least, while still stupid, console war idiots have the angle of justifying their purchase of a given platform.

Who would want it to just be Nvidia? Who would want it to just be Nintendo? Competition is always good.

>Now we have to worry about it happening to third parties too.

I wouldn't be worried unless competition and Steam not being the big dog anymore scares you.

The problem with the Epic Store is that buying a game on the Epic store is WORSE than pirating it, whereas Steam gives me advantages to piracy. Let's look at the differences.
1. Steam allows you to easily move games between hard drives, or play a game on two different versions of windows. I might need to move a game to my SSD, but in order to do that with Epic Store I have to redownload the fucking game. I can move pirated games between hard drives, so basically Epic Store is just getting in my fucking way. Also, if something isn't working correctly in a game I might need to try it in Windows on another hard drive to see if the problem is fixed then. Epic Store doesn't let me do that.
2. Steam allows me to use a DS4 controller with gyro aiming with my games. It also allows you to remap buttons on gamepads. Epic Store does nothing like this. I have to add the fucking Epic Game Store game to my steam library to get this feature, which defeats the fucking point.
3. Steam let's me change download servers if the download is slow, Epic doesn't, I just have to hope its fast.
4. Epic Store puts in denuvo which slows your game down, a pirated game doesn't have this problem.
5. Steam let's me see user reviews from people I can tell have actually played the game, and are actually knowledgeable at games. Epic Store doesn't have this and there are literally no other places on the internet to get reliable reviews from people with good taste in games other than Steam.
6. Steam gives me a good way of finding games that I'm interested in, Epic doesn't.

Basically, Steam has features that give me an incentive to actually pay money for the game. Epic Store is nothing but intrusive DRM that basically asks me to pay for a game that will be inferior to a version of the game I can get for free. The only reason to not pirate the game would be to be a good Christian. So, yeah, fuck Epic Store. If they turn it into a real service like Steam then I might use it.

you're talking as if steam is the only vidya alternative on PC
>Competition is always good.
you're just repeating this over and over without a single argument. can you PLEASE explain how EGS buying third party exclusives is positive for the industry?

>Competition is always good.
No. Competition isn't an axiom. Competition is good when it serves the consumer interest and it's bad when it doesn't.

>can you PLEASE explain how EGS buying third party exclusives is positive for the industry?

Developers getting paid.

Control was a big ol' flop. Maybe for the right reasons, maybe for the wrong reasons - but I'd prefer Remedy to be able to make another game in the future.

If they don't get paid it's because nobody bought the game, because it's shit.

>No. Competition isn't an axiom. Competition is good when it serves the consumer interest and it's bad when it doesn't.

This would only be true if Steam/Valve wasn't also improving and trying to be better.

Are you admitting Valve/Steam are resting on their laurels?

why should devs be getting paid if they don't make products that sell?

Fuck epic games

Tiananmen Square
Winnie the Pooh

I would absolutely love for a company to come along and make me WANT to use their platform over steam, but EGS isn't that

Basically. The only reaction I've seen Valve make to the EGS is the change to their terms that mean they no longer give free advertisement and community management to games they can't sell. Doesn't seem like Valve gives much of a shit about the EGS.

Then Valve doesn't deserve my consumership if they're gonna sit on their fat asses.

So you're admitting the EGS isn't making the market any more competitive.

Attached: A227B8A0-F639-47FD-8DFE-9037FC78E3FC.jpg (704x704, 115K)

>Bad products should have no impact on the future of their creators

No, fuck you. If you make a poor showing, you deserve to get burned for it.

And you're admitting why there should be strong competition to Steam, and I hope EGS gets to that point.

>No, fuck you. If you make a poor showing, you deserve to get burned for it.
>DADDY GABE THEY MADE BAD BING BING BANKRUPT THEM NAOOOO

Attached: angry soyboy 164.png (1080x1020, 459K)

Maybe, it's speculation. Nothing Epic has done so far suggests they're gonna offer positive competition and everything they have done suggests a whole lot of negativity.
Maybe they'll turn it around. Until then fuck 'em.

Inb4 the obligatory buttyhurt Epicdrone pretending that the lack of shopping carts doesn't bother them and that the lack of them supposedly increases the value of each purchase.

kek seething indie "dev" detected

What? No one needs to do anything to make the creators of bad products bankrupt. That will happen naturally through people not partaking of said product because it is bad.

Why do epichinks resort to using overused wojaks?

Steam already has competition for years. Did these fucking chink shills forget that GoG, Origin, Green Man Gaming and other stores exist?

Competition only counts when it gives you fewer options, not more.

Figure that one out.

nooo that doesn't count because they're not aggressively buying exclusivity!!

For starters, bringing exclusivity to PC market. I will never ever support it. Only people who support it are 12 year old retards.

It's the final resort of any deluded fanboy trying to salvage face when logical reasoning fails them. Instead of conceding defeat and admitting the opposition's points, they post wojaks and dumb down their opposition's arguments to make them look more stupid in comparison, failing to realize that by doing so, they do jack shit to prove them wrong. And it's not just the epicchinks doing it, just look at the sonyfaggots and their resorting to goldfaceposting whenever somebody dares post evidence against their dominance.

In short, they are too dumb to actually back up their stance, but too stubborn to abandon it, so the only thing they can do is ridicule the opposing view. It's as intellectually bankrupt as you can get.

The absolutely unforgivable point against epic. How many fraud protection alerts do you think happened when they did the sale (that they didn't tell the game devs about by the way)?

Yeah it doesn't count when tencent isn't bribing developers and publishers and then making their "store" literal spyware.

GoG is the best competitor to steam in my opinion, when it started they offer a different kind of service and specialize in old games which made them grow. It was brilliant, offering something that steam didn't and appealing to different niches in the market.

>buy this copy of an old game, no dlc, just install it anywhere, you can even burn a CD

Heck, I've bought games on GoG because they were cheaper there. EGS is horrid, it has absolutely no features that other stores have had for almost a decade.

This is the major issue desu. It's fucking cancer. Publishers usally have their games exclusive on steam as their choice, not the other way around.

the thing is that they dont provide a HEALTHY alternative. Most people will just say "its funded by the chinks" which is a legit concern. Theres some other stuff like EGS not hacving a proper storefront and library. The fact people use "Well it took valve a decade to figure out how to do that" as a legitimate excuse is very worrying.

Then again OP could be a elaborate troll and I'm wasting my breath.

>the thing is that they dont provide a HEALTHY alternative.

That's subjective, and it coming from a Steam drone I have to press X to doubt

>ITS OKAY WHEN PUBLISHERS ARE FORCED TO MAKE THEIR GAMES STEAM EXCLUSIVE LIKE HALF LIFE AND PORTAL!

Attached: soijak (147).png (631x658, 43K)

Who do you think developed half life bruh?

Who developed L4D1?

Turtle Rock was owned by Valve when the game was made and the game was also published by Valve. Don't be retarded.

There's a reason Turtle Rock doesn't work with Valve anymore

can you even shadow download from Epic?
Steam is basically like Amazon for games
All the other "competition" is just forced exclusives and sellouts

>Kiwifarms hates EGS

I think I made the right choice supporting Epic Store

Attached: farms 2.jpg (1352x978, 181K)

they also drink water and breathe, so you need to stop doing that too

Were his eyebrows drawn on?

Based

Attached: 1445744940409.jpg (1143x531, 297K)

Gay

>If anything the fact that someone's giving Steam competition will mean a healthier market

Yeah I love competition that somehow doesn't result in anything being any cheaper or better for me, and just means stores have to throw more money at megacorporation publishers

Attached: 1429081400404.jpg (490x490, 53K)

>People say that EGS doesn't need built-in forums or all thw stuff Steam has that bloats it
>Just after Borderlands 3 released on EGS, People flooded the BL2 Steam forums for fixes and looking for people to play with.

Pathetic

It took thousands of years to get bread to the point it is today. You can' throw threshed wheat on a table and say it is just as good and you will make bread just as good in the future when the base concept of making bread is open to see and copy.

Someone screencap this for me when I need to explain things to my retarded friends.

Except this is totally destroying your market based ideas about buyer feedback.
If someone makes a shit game that flops, they have no incentive to try and make the next one better. They get paid by Sweeney anyway no matter how bad the game is

Even then, it probably was because Steam provided all the ease to releasing games on it for the devs.

Gearbox had to BUILD EGS preload function for BL3 since they were too lazy to do it.

I actually like the EGS because if any of these digital platforms go under and take everyone's games with them that'll be the end of digital distribution on PC.