Is this game really that good? Does it deserve it's praise? Does it still hold up...

Is this game really that good? Does it deserve it's praise? Does it still hold up? Does it REALLY deserve such a huge remake?

Attached: 51tkmb93AiL._SX342_.jpg (342x327, 22K)

It’s my favorite game of all time. I just think Cloud’s plot twist is the greatest in videogame history, but it doesn’t come up until 85% late in the game.

The hype and praise are overblown, but that doesn't stop it from being good. Replaying it, the beginning is a lot more off-kilter than I remember. The game gives hints of a larger plot, but for the most part you're just bumbling around Midgar getting into shenanigans. Half the game is like that, which is funny considering how many people consider such a DEEP and COMPLEX game.

Some fags will come and say it's not and it's overrrated, but it's actually pretty good and had a huge impact in his time.

No to all, but 90% of the industry lives and dies by casual garbage so it's a necessary evil, much like the yearly Fifa or Madden.

Yes.
Yes.
Meh.
Yes, especially because of that last 'Meh'.

If nothing else, it set a new standard that's still rarely reached for just how much content a game can have.

It's like an endearing SNES jrpg, early 3D polygons with mouths that don't move, text boxes galore. All video games should be remade at least once per decade.

You'll never know, zoom zoom

Cutscenes does not hold up. Game does if you're into the pokemon games.

half the people who overblow final fantasy 7 story don't remember the game at all outside of some key details or never played and are just bandwagoning for internet points

Decent jrpg, but the plot is nonsense even by JRPG standards.

No. No. Sort of. No.
When you think about it, this is the ultimate example of people being blinded by forced drama that hit them hard in their teenage days and nostalgia. A lot are also braindead zoomers that want to feel relevant by attaching themselves to games back when gaming was alive and well.
Basically, nothing that you do from the beginning to the end matters, everything pales in comparison to what happens at the end of disc 1, you have a bunch of filler that in the end proves to be completely useless because it's actually a Chekhov's Gun/Deus Ex Machina blend that saves the day, you just went around blowing shit up for two discs and couldn't make it in time to save the day.
It doesn't help that the plot needs to be all cryptic and quiet for a long time to throw you the Aerith swerve first and the Cloud swerve later. That ruined Tifa as a character, because when you think about it, everything is her own fault. But nobody minded, because tits.
Gameplay-wise it works, nothing remarkable. Not many hard battles, some memorable scenes and dialogues, characters are the only thing more overrated than the game itself.
You will never get me to say I didn't like it, but I wasn't blown away when I played it in the 90s, and I don't share the same enthusiasm as the rest of them.
Or, just this.

>save the day
The story is barely about saving the day. It's all about identity crises.

Shut the fuck up and go play it. Decide for yourself if it deserves anything. Fucking zoomers, you can still like something even if others dont

It's the game that made JRPGs more popular in the west it's worth playing once at least

it's fine
the history is more important than the game itself, which is a straight 7/10

>Is this game really that good?
Well it's definitely good.
>Does it deserve it's praise?
God no, there isn't a game on earth that does.
That goes for OoT too.
>Does it still hold up?
It's a turn-based JRPG.
If you can deal with the graphics and you should be able to it's a worthy use of your time.
>Does it REALLY deserve such a huge remake?
Deserving is a hard word to justify, but any game that gets fan boy'd this hard is inevitably going to at some point.
FFIX is better.

Attached: Black Waltz 3.jpg (1080x1080, 122K)

Yes, yes and yes.

Attached: file.png (1017x714, 1.23M)

>game

Attached: FinalMovieVII.png (418x596, 248K)

No.
No, it was baby's first JRPG.
No, it never was that good, the presentation was what wowed people and it quickly became outdated within a year, the models, the music, the backgrounds, they were all obviously the work of inexperienced to the PS1 people.
Once again no, but Square Enix needs money after wasting so much of it on their recent games, so this is a desperation move and this way not only are they guaranteed to sell, they get to sell the what was one game as at least 3 if not more games.
That's 200 dollars minimum not only that but you can bet they'll have special editions of each chapter and have some whales spend 1000 dollars on just one game.

>and it quickly became outdated within a year, the models, the music, the backgrounds, they were all obviously the work of inexperienced to the PS1 people.
>the graphics are bad so don't play it

Attached: 1545993751735.jpg (240x210, 6K)

You honorary reddit spacing redditor

>Is this game really that good?
beginning and end of disc 1 are good, everything in between is boring. disc 2/3 is inconsistent with a blatantly rushed ending