Make a 6 or 7 out of 10 quirky indie game

>make a 6 or 7 out of 10 quirky indie game
>for some inexplicable reason people OBSESS over it and unironically hail it as a masterwork in video games when it is just a cute little indie title you play on a slow weekend
I will never, ever, EVER understand how people could possibly see this as anything better than a 7, I just can't. It blows my fucking mind that people think this game is so good that they give it the pope as a representation for video games as a whole. Why didn't other quirky-indie games like Yume Nikki get this much attention or praise? Fucking retards with shit tastes, that's why

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 12.46.13 PM.png (412x333, 49K)

like just look at the temmie civilization and the retarded way they speak, I'm not a onions chugging millenial so that 'humor' isn't cute or appealing to me, it just strikes me as awkward 2007 lolsorandumb shit.

It was a really interesting combat system and the unique take on the classic 8-bit turnbased RPGs of old, that and the characters were memorable and the dialog inspired...all that made by ONE DUDE! Not much to hate on really unless you're really trying to be a dipshit.

undertale is cute CUTE ! and i have a lot of fun playing it
i agree that it's not perfect and people splurging over it is dumb

undertale was my gateway drug into more indie game maker rpgs like Lisa and yume nikki

Attached: 1555274870945.jpg (680x456, 25K)

Undertale is the greatest game of the decade you haters are pathetic trolls that have no heart.

It was a fun video game with nice music. Let people enjoy things.

Attached: Undertale+reaction+picture+comp+2+thanks+to+xskullgirlsx+alfonshister+superduperkamiguru_a5e492_5837 (608x556, 30K)

>It was a really interesting combat system
I woudn't say "really interesting", more like 'unique but lacking depth'
>and the unique take on the classic 8-bit turnbased RPGs of old
It isn't remotely like any classic JRPG except maybe Earthbound
> that and the characters were memorable and the dialog inspired
No they weren't, they were just memed endlessly. Sans and Papyrus, for instance, are not remotely interesting or nuisanced character, and they are written like a 14 year olds OC comics from deviantart

NO
YOU CANT LIKE THINGS I DONT LIKE
THIS IS MY WORLD YOU WORM

Attached: 1516902904829.png (900x900, 720K)

I don't see how you could possibly play it and not see how it's the best game ever made. For me and many others, it was the first game that was interesting enough to be completed.

YEAH SURE THING FAGGOT ENJOY IT ALL YOU WANT. ITS FUN AND HAS NICE MUSIC SURE. BUT IT IS NOT A FUCKING 93 YOU ARROGANT RETARD DIPSHITS HOLY FUCKING SHIT. ITS A CUTE LITTLE DEVIANTART GAME BUT THERE IS NOTHING REMOTELY 'MASTERFUL' ABOUT IT. JUST BECAUSE A GAME IS CUTE AND HAS SOUL DOESNT MEAN ITS OUTSTANDING YOU FAGS HAVE 0 FUCKING TASTES AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW REVIEW SCORES SHOULD WORK. IN AN IDEAL WORLD UNDERTALE WOULD HAVE A 71 ON METACRITIC AND PEOPLE WOULD LOOK BACK ON IT FONDLY AS 'THAT CUTE INDIE GAME' NOT 'INCREDIBLE MASTERPIECE'

have sex

I have plenty, that's why I don't think Undertale is amazing, women are turned on by my superior, adult tastes

>Why didn't other quirky-indie games like Yume Nikki
Because it was made years before Undertale and wouldn't be topical. What recent indie games deserve the praise instead? In the longass gap between UT and Deltarune, there was plenty of opportunities for other devs to copycat the game (since it's so easy and unremarkable, after all?) and none succeeded.

bruh
undertale is the gateway normalfag game for indie rpg maker games like Yume Nikki, space funeral, or Lisa

>What recent indie games deserve the praise instead?
Cuphead. Don't get me wrong it has gotten plenty of attention and praise, but not nearly as much as Undertale has gotten

It's not like it's the first metacritic score that's inaccurate.
Bait so bad now I'm seething

If it wasn’t Amazing Yea Forums wouldn’t still be seething about it

Yea Forums is still pissed off about spore 11 years later, I guess spore was secretly an amazing game the whole time wtf

I does have nice music but it's objectively not fun.

>combat system
easier than galaga, and the ACT system is both nothing special and shit. The combat in undertale is a glorified series of shitty minigames with no depth.
>dialog inspired
Shit that is made up on the spot as you go is not inspired dialogue.

I found it fun though. Guess something something Yea Forums subjectivity vs objectively in video games

Yes, but each one of those were made before it. I mean, why hasn't anyone reproduced Undertale's success yet, where is the great RPG Maker game that proceeded it?

>inexplicable reason

>muh subjectivity durrrrrrr
sure dude, tastes are subjective. But if someone tells me they think the greatest game of all time is Undertale, I will absolutely look down on them, just like I would look down on someone for thinking Assassin's Creed III or Big Rigs Offroad Trucking are the greatest games of all time

>I found it fun though
Which part? The RPG maker traversal? The very basic mini game combat? The reading? Which part is fun exactly? You like it because it appeals to your zoomie sense of humor but it is not fun. Name the fun gameplay bits of it.

>unique combat system
>amazing soundtrack
>awesome story
>funny
>surprisingly deep
>all made by one guy
its easily an 8

cuphead more like cuckhead amirite

It was not made by one dude. The majority of the art was by Temmie (or at least got a pass/was supervised by her), Toby had a bunch of friends to test the game for him, one of whom also made all the photoshop shit for Omega Flowey.

It genuinely has good comedic video game writing. It's the only game that has really captured that TTYD-style of writing, and it's possibly better even.
Gameplay is also good but could be better. I think it actually would benefit from a difficulty selection since the base game is really easy and the battle system seems somewhat unexplored.

you guys sound like you have lots a friends and are really fun to hang out with

yeah I guess I can kind of respect someone if they give it an 8 if for whatever reason the story really struck a chord with them, but that's it. That's the absolute limit. Anyone thinking it's a 9 or above should be euthanized

Maybe you should get better taste in games.

I just have well-informed, developed tastes. I've easily played thousands of video games and I can pretty confidently say what makes a game good or bad. Undertale certainly isn't a "bad" game, it's perfectly functional and has a cute world to explore. My main problem is with the braindead ingrates who think it's a fucking masterpiece. And don't say I'm employing hyperbole, there are thousands of s oy-addled retards who think undertale is the best game ever made

Undertale and Barkley Gaiden introduced normies to the Earthbound-like genre of indie rpg games. Said crowd hates normies despite wanting the attention on their games.

says the faggot who thinks undertale is a masterpiece bwahahahahahaahahaha. Imagine thinking some deviant art tier shit is 'deep' or 'profound'

Attached: HEHEHEHEHE.jpg (480x360, 10K)

>muh feelings
So objectively you are wrong then. Good, keep your feelings.

i bet this foo never even played it lmaoo

>nobody can possibly think this shit game is shit unless they never played it!
rethink your life. You're probably applying this broken logic to many things

>projecting like this because youre insecure so you take it out on people on an anonymous message board

yikes man

>one guy
This has gotta stop. He had 50 grand, he had years of composing music under his belt, he had some drawing experience, and he had Temmie.

Projecting what?

so you've never played it? automatically makes your opinion invalid.
could you imagine "yeah black sabbath sucks, i mean ive never listened to them but my favorite youtuber said they suck so um yeah they suck"

you sound retarded

>having sex

What a fucking pleb.

its basically a mother clone with a bunch of old jrpg tropes/inspired music. it actually 7/10 at most.

this is typical american journalism, and american patriotism. not western .its just very american stuff.
very cheep and flimsy but they want their own achievement and something superior that they can feel.

he was still 1 guy tho

>my favorite games and bands are infallible!
This is the kind of mindset it takes to think Undertale is a 9/10 game.

Normies don't know or care about Homestuck let alone that he had connections with Temmie and a popular SA/Starmen.net user in Everdread.

It might as well be a one man project to the world

The power of reddit is strong user. The hivemind controls everything.

my b I didn't know Temmie was his alter ego.
Normies love Temmie what is this? Especially since she started assing off on her IG.

thats really not even what i said. i said that you cant judge media youve never experianced. youre literally grasping at straws at this point.

LISA is better

good music makes an RPG

and whether you like it or not tobyfox made great music for undertale

Test

You didn't experience it at release, so you'll never understand. Your inner Yea Forums-contrarianism has rotted you.
>people think this game is so good that they give it the pope as a representation for video games as a whole
yep, I'd probably give this game to my mom or dad to introduce them to vidya as well

You didn't experience it at release. People thought it was a good game but not 9/10. It only became considered a masterpiece once all of tumblr got their hands on it and started lauding it around like the holy grail of feelings

Didn't make an RPG though. Just an RPG looking walking sim with some mini games.

Sounds like you have some personal viewpoints that prevent you from enjoying a well-received game. That is fine user! But please understand, people do not have the same experiences and personal viewpoints that you have, leading them to experience it in a different way than you have!

Attached: 1553365395767.jpg (1200x1084, 145K)

>I just have well-informed, developed tastes. I've easily played thousands of video games

Attached: file.png (800x800, 411K)

The game is very popular and hailed as amazing cause it requires no brainpower to finish.
There's nothing challenging about it and requires no extra thought process beyond firing 2 neurons every 5 minutes.
Look at the general population that loves Undertale and then look at their cognitive capabilities.

>game ratings

Attached: ignReviewsWTF.png (1292x591, 706K)

Wow Haha undertale hehehe so funny meme. Hoohoo Haha funny skeleton sans man papyrus bone joke haha. xDDDD funny bone man Mommy goat xDDD plant goat bad friendship kill bad plant xDD Hahaha oooo wwoooow quirky characters XD illusion of meaningful choices NOBODY HAS TO DIE XD MEEEM

Attached: received_523056228448544.gif (318x276, 39K)

your hand doesn't count

I see, OP only rushed the neutral run and thought he was done.

>He didn't play it the way I did!

Nothing wrong with that, people only played the first playthrough of Nier Automata and reviewed it after that, that's absolutely fine because at the end of the day it's on the dev to keep you invested.