Yea Forums hates this game now

>Yea Forums hates this game now
What went wrong?

Attached: a2002083581_10.jpg (1200x1200, 319K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KIplyc8Jfbk
youtu.be/4RlpMhBKNr0?t=625
youtu.be/4RlpMhBKNr0?t=262
youtu.be/9bD42NVEICQ?list=PLx8MErhM-cACSC2_5DESczBNu8s5wWNz2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

we always hated it dumbass, where do you think you are

Attached: 1568414573843.png (1367x631, 47K)

>implying Yea Forums ever liked it
so sick of lying trannies jesus fuck

>implying i hate the best platformer of the gen

fuck you

I love this game.
I finished chapter 9 a few hours ago and got the moonberry too.

every single thread that was made about this game when it came out was about rape, the fact people were shitposting about it doesn't mean they liked it

who

Fucking bait, the game was hated from the start

/thread
the game was kinda shit desu, shitty story aside.

Yea Forums is full of retards.

>Yea Forums
dude why do you care about identity?
>also Yea Forums
A FUCKING TRANNIE? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: a09.png (680x708, 387K)

This game being made in the first place is what went wrong.

I like it.

hol up
wdym rape? trannyposting is common as shit but never seen those posters

trannies are not humans

people were talking about how the game was about rape or miscarriage or whatever
also stop typing like this

I remember that weird abortion psyop but not rape

Newfag

what do you mean
also typing like this is more convinient and is still understandable

inoda. That's short for "it's neither of, dumb ass"

Honestly this. It's not even hard it's more of a puzzle game than a platformer honestly.

I would rather have natural platforming that's build into the world than this shit.
Even Hollow knight does this, why would there be so many saws in that palace anyway?

It was always shit.

It's the best plataforming game in years.

However everything surrounding this game is SJW bullshit that makes you hate the people who made the game. Faggots ruined their own product.

What "SJW" bullshit? It seems like it's another platformer. Are you talking about social media?

>what do you mean
i mean exactly what i said
people were trying to sell the narrative that the game's themes are dealing with rape
i don't know how true that is since i'm not even halfway through the game, but i'm willing to bet there's nothing like it in the game
>also typing like this is more convinient and is still understandable
it makes you look stupid
"hol up"? why do i need to hold up? this is an image board and we're exchanging replies, i'm not continuously talking to you so you don't have to say "hold up" to stop me
and there's no need to use abbreviations if it's just 4 short common words

it has a brown dude from Washington in it. which is enough to trigger Yea Forums

>Yea Forums getting this buttmad over a tiny trans flag

have you guys even been outside in 2019? there are trans flags displayed in prominent positions at every other place of business, it doesn't mean a single trans person has ever worked there

>still understandable
Only if you live in the ghetto.

Its a shitty tranny game

Character is gay and/or trans.

Makes you look like a filthy nigger

Fuck off shill
Also this

I see. I don't really follow whatever e-drama is there on Twitter, I'm assuming that detail was always there or was it added last minute?

yes, i have, but thankfully i'm not american so i don't have to see those things and i know that's not normal
mc is alluded to be trans. the devs think they're really smart and sophisticated about it so they'll never confirm whether or not madeline is actually trans or not, since they didn't spell it out or anything

Name literally 1 (one) game that Yea Forums doesn't hate.

It's so easy to spot people who never even played the game lmao

Attached: Celestejelly.webm (1280x720, 2.1M)

>They think it's sincere, and not a forced attempt to appeal to an audience they weren't originally intended to.

>I'm assuming that detail was always there or was it added last minute?
More like over a year after release. In the final chapter update from earlier this week.

if someone from this board hates God Hand they don't belong here.

>now
Nigger, it's a nominee for Indie Pixel award. It's not top place, but when it's in one of the Top 5 list, it's enough to say that the game has negative aspects enough to detract people who actually play video games

a new dlc chapter was just released and at the end you can see a picture that implies madeline is trans
i mean, the whole game is about it trying to deal with mental issues and the music artist is trans so maybe that shouldn't have been so surprising
you're lying to yourself if you think the b sides aren't extremely tedious and require more muscle memory than skill. it's literally just throwing yourself at the level over and over until you're able to pull it off in one go. and don't tell me you "don't have to do them" because you do need to do them to play the level you just posted

Mechanically competent, massively uninspired.

>games being hard is a bad thing!
You technically don't even need to do the Bsides to do the first half of chapter 9.
Only the second half does.

/pol/ went wrong
anyone and everyone who complains about a game the minute they add in anything remotely considered liberal out themselves as /pol/tards really quick

>and don't tell me you "don't have to do them" because you do need to do them to play the level you just posted

Attached: 1542525124644.png (369x300, 14K)

Yea Forums is a politically incorrect board

>there are trans flags displayed in prominent positions at every other place of business

Not everywhere is fag york

The footage I posted was from the first half of chapter 9.
Chapter 9 is unlocked when you beat the Chapter 8 only requires 4 hearts, which can be gotten purely in the A sides.

So yes, you can do the part I posted without ever touching any B side.

Just another example from the horse's mouth that tranny transitioning leads only to depression and suffering.
At what point will you freaks realize it isn't us projecting the failings onto you. Our disdain comes from repeated instances of your own people showing their id thru their work and it is nothing but a dark void where a "person" should be.

Yes we hate you, but we hate you for the thing you show yourself to be time and time again. Queue the gashes telling me this game isn't from a real ally or something.

It sounds like they just want their diversity points then. I bet they really don't care. Music is pretty nice though, will probably try the game at some point.

Your webm is literally this

I think you might be blind

>spikes everywhere
Is this Mega Man X6?

i just got to the part in chapter 9 where i need to have like all the crystal hearts to progress. yeah fuck this i'm watching it on youtube

>Webm shows the exact opposite of png
>Say it looks the same anyway and hope they just agree.

Vast majority of people who complain about the mc being a tranny or the game being about abortion or whatever never played the game, probably dont even play games outside of league or ow or other addicting shitfest and just come to Yea Forums to cry about made up shit because thats their real hobby.

games being hard isn't a bad thing
celeste isn't hard however, but a major pain in the ass
this is exactly how you train AIs through evolution, by the way. they keep failing until one generation starts doing better and so on. have you watched one of those videos? there's no skill required in the games they usually do that on, the AIs just bang their heads against the wall until a better generation comes
the b sides in celeste are just that, there's a very minimal learning process in these levels, and you keep dying until you fully learn the layout of a screen so that you could do it all in one go and move to the next one, and the cycle continues. it's pure muscle memory, and that memory never really helps you outside of those levels. even between different b sides you don't use the "knowledge" you've acquired in other b sides. it's fucking terrible design and its only use is to make cool webms and let speedrunners something to brag about

Fucking christ this board is more scared of /pol/ than even Yea Forums, fuckin newfags and their made up boodymans should fuck off this site, sick of your useless bitching about another board you've decided is behind everything bad in the world, crying all the fuckin time like they cant go back to safe old reddit where people arn't allowed to scare you with the nigger word, or even just filter/block/ignore the fucking post like everyone else you useless cretin.

>there's no skill required, the fact I can't beat it has nothing to do with my lack of skill at all!

Attached: 1564331820567.png (702x786, 749K)

Then wouldn't like 90% of all platformers be pure muscle memory??

by that logic all rhythm games are shit.

Who are you talking to? Do you really think there are trannies on Yea Forums and those are the ones telling you to fuck off with your made up excuses for shitposting about how much you hate dem libs?

based

Nailed it.

an updated added LGBT elements and that triggers the /pol/tards

You...just described how people get better at most things, user. Are you sure video games are the hobby for you?

>it doesn't require skill, it just requires skill

Attached: 1518726174053.png (235x245, 93K)

+ : good ost, some clever mechanics
- : insufferable "yuo can do it sweaty!! :)" tone, very feminized, navel gazing, cloying narrative, utterly hideous artstyle, iwbtg tier "I heard you liked spikes so we put spikes in your spike maze" level design, game ends up feeling more like a rythmn game where the point is to perfectly hit diagonals in the proper pacing than a platformer

Nope! i have played the game in its entirety thought the good stuff would come at the end, and surprised surprise the end was the worst part!and thought it was mediocre and could not believe i fell for the review memes. itll teach me next time. also lmao way to prove the point i was reaffirming here you fucking delusional retard

Attached: 1550338343831.gif (500x263, 599K)

so you didn't play it and are blind
okay

Talking about non-issues in games for political reasons is /pol/posting even if you son browse /pol/, if you go to /tg/ and make a minecraft thread they'll tell you to fuck off to Yea Forums even if you didnt ever browse Yea Forums

who ever said i can't? i beat every single one of them so far
no because you're also including 3d platformers by saying just "platformers"
and the normal levels in celeste are actually fine, if not a bit too easy
yeah
yes, i get better at... i dunno, minecraft, by dying constantly, rather than learning the mechanics, crafting recipes, etc.

Attached: 2019091418312200-75A32021BE3512D7AA96B2D72F764411.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Trannies

oh sweetie how humiliating dies it feel hm?

Attached: 15684754751307286059804175144815.jpg (3264x2448, 1.74M)

since no one was linked in the quote it was meant for the thread at large.
Why did it hurt your fee fees so much you had to make a passive aggressive response yet not refute a single part.
And yes trannies are here, they are people too and Yea Forums is an open website that allows all comers to partake in their interests.

isn't this just super meat boy? doesn't most of Yea Forums love that game?

>now
fuck off with your abortion faggotry

>yes, i get better at... i dunno, minecraft, by dying constantly, rather than learning the mechanics, crafting recipes, etc.
user... you may not notice it, but you get better at Celeste by improving your reflexes, learning the hitboxes, and the sometimes awkward game mechanics. (some of them the game doesn't even fucking teaches you, which is arguably very annoying when you need them to progress further, though leaving a bit of unexplained and making the player use his brain to understand it is sometimes nice)
It's exactly the same thing.

Your time played in relation to how far you got tells me enough.
This doesn't prove anything.

Attached: 55c16d3d43b547b2964a77eaa94912a7.png (360x234, 96K)

lol who give a shit, ignore it you crybaby.
shut the fuck up, what are you auditioning to be janny?

btfo

trannies btfo

man Yea Forums would fucking kill themselves after playing even moderately difficult fangames
for all the bitching you guys do about difficulty settings you're all a bunch of casuals

two words:

black boyfriend

We have always hated this abortion propaganda

I guess, still I don't get the point you were making with the Ai? Like you think learning how to do something difficult through various attempts is a bad thing? What??? It doesn't even work with your minecraft example because you had to learn how to craft through trial and error when it first came out.

Man I wonder what you think about fighting games like SFV, DBFZ, or Smash.

no we didn't

Yea Forums isnt for debating about transexualism is for video games, you are talking about why transitioning is good or bad in a thread about a platforming game that had mothing to do with that, if you want to have your "points" refuted go to /r/insufferablecunts or something

EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF!

>now
I've put this Trannyshit on ignore over a year ago.
If you want a good platform try Super Meat Boy, Ori and the Blind Forest, Cuphead, Rayman Origins/ Legends or Cave Story/Owlboy

>posts game uninstall on swtich console with timestamp
>th-this d-doesn't prove anything
bahaha it's ok to be humiliated sweetie :)

oh also
>10 hours isn't enough to your 20
lmao oh honey kill yourself already.

I give a shit because Yea Forums has been unusable for years and you can only talk about twitter and trannies

no one ever liked or talked about this game
your tranny ass just started spamming it because they put one of your mental illness flags in it

transitioning is definitely bad imho

Yes you posted an image that doesn't show you played it at all.
>20 hours
You making up shit now too?

If it is in videogames or about the videogame it belongs in Yea Forums. No ifs ands or buts. Be upset they decided to make a game around it instead of just not doing it.
Do you think people are in /pol/ and get a spider sense a Celeste thread got made on another board and just go there on a whim and magically find these threads?
Fuck no, this is Yea Forums and the opinions you see are from Yea Forums regulars.

>implying we ever liked it
/thread spbp Fuck modern iwbtg clones

If you couldn't tell it was going to go this way, you only have yourself to blame.
Seriously, it couldn't have been more obvious what they were going to do it.

>Playing Hipster Trannyshit
youtube.com/watch?v=KIplyc8Jfbk

Sounds like a personal problem.
Just like your gender dysphoria (which is a mental illness by the way).

>it's not SKILL duuuuuuuude it's just MUSCLE MEMORY
absolute fucking smoothbrains
literally being technically good at anything is muscle memory

I don't understand what you hope to gain from posting that video.

Who is he?

This is my favorite platformer

Attached: Little_Nemo_The_Dream_Master_Gameplay3-6.png (728x670, 52K)

>Fuck no, this is Yea Forums and the opinions you see are from Yea Forums regulars.
Maybe a couple years ago, but Yea Forums today is filled to the brim with /pol/ missionaries. God damn it, the first rule of Yea Forums is the easiest to follow: discuss fucking videogames.

not that user, but i see the mental gymnastics going on here. YOU think that you're just "more skilled' at shit level design like this but until you can refute this image with an actual argument, your claim that your comprehension of the game is better is completely invalid. because otherwise you're just deluded into "thinking" you're good at a shitty platformer because you have have no idea what you're talking about and you use your more hours into the game as a crutch to perpetuate that delusion.

Attached: 1560283485073.jpg (1920x1080, 131K)

Celeste is objectively a good game

Attached: 20190910003957_1.jpg (2560x1440, 365K)

Skill is defined by your ability to adapt.
Proficiency is doing a rote thing efficiently or correct. Skill is doing that with the ability to adapt on the fly.

>if I can't beat it, it's shit level design! My lack of skill totally has nothing to do with it!
yikes

Dustforce was better

Protip: we are discussing the game. This is content that is in the game.
You are only being a babby about it because it isn't coloring your personal likes favorably. And that is okay.
I like shitty jrpgs. I don't brook anyone that dislikes them for the myriad valid reasons to dislike them. Its okay you faggot.

Please don't kill yourself and become a statistic over this exchange and accept that we are simply discussing the content of a videogame on Yea Forums - video games, the image board for discussing video games.

>Once a fun board overrun by poltards obsessed with trannies, who can't talk about Vidya to save their lives
>personal problem
Who is the mentally ill one again

I hate EDF.

Attached: EDF.jpg (760x559, 128K)

every single b side has one very specific way to beat it, sometimes i have to deal with having to make exact jumps because of things like , sometimes it's those same awkward mechanics you've mentioned, and it's not fun. i like hard games, this game is just annoying
>Your time played in relation to how far you got tells me enough.
the fact i have to wrestle with the pro controller's shitty dpad and how i'm trying to go for a completionist playthrough doesn't help, you know
and i can take as much time as i want playing around in it, it is a game after all
i gave you the AI evolution example because the way the AI learns through evolution is exactly how you complete the b sides. you die over and over and the only thing you actually learn is the level layout, so that next time you'll do slightly better, just like every AI generation does exactly better
>Man I wonder what you think about fighting games like SFV, DBFZ, or Smash.
they involve reading your opponent and improving your techniques, as well as mastering your character's moves, and not learning the layout of the same level for 10 minutes before moving on to the next one. it's very different

olympic weightlifting is muscle memory
piano hand movements are muscle memory trained from thousands of hours of scales
flicking to targets accurately in an fps is muscle memory
the point of practice is to build up muscle memory
having good muscle memory is being good at something

You since this is literally content from a video game and people are discussing it.
And it angers you in some way.
Report the thread instead of crying about it if you don't think talking about Celeste, the video game, should be discussed in Yea Forums - video games, the image board for discussion on video games.

>I like hard games, unless the games are actually hard
oh okay
>pro controllers shitty dpad
Then just play it on PC with whatever input method you wish?

OOH looks like i hit the mark didn't I? you actually DO think you're skill is better. OK so now refute the following with an actual argument
I await you to further embarass yourself :)

>You are only being a babby

Attached: EBuWaqQXsAAr0yB.jpg (989x550, 65K)

I can refute that by saying they clearly haven't played the game
now what :)

Celeste is my favorite game 2018 easily. I've played pretty much every platformer to completion and none feel as good as Celeste does. DLC is great in the introduction of new level gimmicks that ramp up in difficulty. Second half of the DLC where you are required to use the "hidden" mechanics that was also very enjoyable and challenging. It's sad so many people reflexively hate on this game because they are either shit at platforming games or can't overcome their sexual insecurities long enough enjoying something made by someone who doesn't politically align perfectly with them.

Yea Forums loves Celeste!

Otherwise we wouldn't talk about it as much as we do.

>fighting games don't feature muscle memory
LMAO
It's hilarious how Yea Forums keeps trying to talk about games they never played as if they have

and being good at something is called being proficient. Skill is using your proficiency in ways the average person cannot. Skill is descriptive and qualitative. Those things need a baseline to be measured against.
A pianist that is proficient in piano use can replicate a song easily. A skilled pianist can create a new song on the fly because they understand the nuances of meters and transitional arrangements.

Yea Forums went wrong 13 years ago.

Attached: Bs.png (256x224, 22K)

>Random shitposts in thread where other people actually bicker about the game itself
>I'm totally discussing the game :^), everyone who hates me is a tranny

what a shitty video game, it features spikes? why would anyone play this trash

Yea Forums should require the subject line to be filled out with the name of the game/series. same with /vg/. If there is a thread in /vg/ on the topic Yea Forums should not allow a thread to be made using the same topic.
Bans should be made public again to shame users into following the rules.
thread IDs would instantly stop shilling.
All fixes that are easy to implement but will never happen.

not an argument.

OOH looks like i hit the mark didn't I? you actually DO think you're skill is better. OK so now refute the following with an actual argument
(You)
I await you to further embarass yourself :)

>it's bad because my skill isn't good enough!
Yeah we get it. You can keep spamming the same post then though so I can report you for spamming then.

>improving your reflexes
You are fucking retarded. Reflexes are innate and can only be improved very marginally, if at all. I didn't read the rest of your shitpost because getting a basic fact like this wrong shows me the advanced degree of idiot you are. Then again, I'm dealing with "people" who like Celeste. Of course you're slow.

It doesnt bother me if she is but i'm actually curious, is madeline trans now?

>butthurt crying instead of just accepting the truth.
This is content from the game. Your anger stems from the fact that we aren't discussing it favorably, not that it isn't in the game. Step away from the computer and introspect for a while and realize you are acting like a child.
That is why people treat you like a child and don't respect your opinion, because you cry like one.

Based

Attached: IMG_20190911_190629.jpg (958x596, 70K)

why are you mincing words here? you think "proficiency" is not something to be respected and earned? I don't give a fick what you call it, someone being more proficient at something makes them better than you and coping by denouncing the time they put into it like you could do the same is pathetic

no shit there's more to being good at things than pure technical skill, but technical skill is an aspect of everything

could be, it was intentionally left vague so it would stoke discussion online exactly like you are seeing.
Trannies are just in shut it down mode because all the intended generated discussion is wholly negative here.

>is madeline trans now?
No, but people are making assumptions based on the artstyle

>people claim that grinding out a level until you have the timing and proper inputs down to overcome the challenge isn't skill
That's like saying learning to play a guitar isn't a skill because it's just grinding until you have proper timing and hand placements on the strings. It's shocking how poorly people attack game genres they suck at.

artificial difficulty doesn't make a game hard
one way to make the game actually challenging for example would be to add time limits. b sides would then be the regular levels but you also have to complete them in a specific time, and because it's the same levels you've already played the only challenge would be to use the skills you've learned efficiently
a level that just has spikes everywhere and makes you die because you held down the jump button 0.5 seconds more than you should have isn't hard
>Then just play it on PC with whatever input method you wish?
since i fixed the dpad it's not enough of an issue for me to move to a completely different platform, i'm just saying it's slowing me down sometimes

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Sic semper trannius

>>it's bad because my skill isn't good enough!
>Yeah we get it. You can keep spamming the same post then though so I can report you for spamming then.
oh honey... reminder you got called out for specifically this. Download is done, sure you don't want to refute this image yet or is the humilation that i've completed this shit game going and your hilariously cringey remarks here man it sure would be embarrasing if i post this timestamp and your face got even hotter with embarassment

because most of the time proficiency is just the expected level of quality you should expect. If you go to a piano concert you expect the pianist to be proficient (unless it is a child's recital). You go to a fighting game tourney you expect the participants to be proficient.
Proficiency is the expected baseline. Skillful is the level above that that not all participants can achieve.

Its like you never went to school and learned about definitions of words. The english language is wonderous in its varied multitudes of distinct words for distinct phenomena. Why bother truncating it when that does nothing but muddy the already clearly defined use of words?

If you are an ESL I can forgive the confusion. If not, you are just wrong and don't like people telling you you are wrong about things. That is also fine. Childish as fuck, but fine. It is okay to be wrong. Its what you do with the knowledge that you were wrong that really counts.

Might as well just play Mario Maker

Attached: Mm2.png (817x795, 135K)

Ad victori! no Pax!

now if you'd put spikes on the bottom as well that would be more accurate

Mediocre platformer with with shitty inconstant art and cal-arts character design "elevated" by a thin veneer of "deep" meaning.

Celeste is the complete antithesis to this image, on purpose. It's SPECIFICALLY, painstakingly designed so there are several ways through any screen except for the very last few areas of the game.
The people posting this have never played the fucking game

youtu.be/4RlpMhBKNr0?t=625

Attached: 1553983824799.gif (329x302, 71K)

>Someone just adds bl0x to their title to avoid a ban

oh look the download is finished and i beat this shitty game, yikes! that sure is embarassing. welp, time to own up and refute thisor will you do furthe mental gymnastics by asking for more? i think the latter since youre pretty pathetic after all and would like such a shit game. your face most be HOT with shame huh

Attached: 15684772956202910491123360869309.jpg (3264x2448, 1.84M)

It's OK when mario maker does it.

They did that in the new Mega Man.

>hates game
>still "finished" it anyway
lmao you played yourself

It's the same idea, really. You can't jump too high or you instantly die to spikes. There's also enemies falling down to make the path forward more difficult. That image is a load of bullshit but it's good bait.

youtu.be/4RlpMhBKNr0?t=262

Indie game, overrated as fuck as usual

>Classic games with varied level design
>Post the universally most hated levels of respective titles
>Modern game designers decided to make entire games of those kind of levels
Way to prove the point.

>be Yea Forums brainlet drone
>enjoy the game
>see this image
>now convinced the game is actually shit without realizing why
The level design looks nothing like that picture, but it's a nice why of tricking people into thinking it does.

It should be the full name selected from a drop down. It would be a long list but it could also filter by system so if you want to make a thread on a NES game it would tell you the thread will be posted to /vr/ instead.
/vg/ should only allow specific game names or franchise names.
Yea Forums can have threads about anything, just just specific games. Want to talk about fps mechanics, you can still do that. Want to make another smash thread, it won't let you as it knows there is already a smash thread.

I'm not saying its a perfect system but what we have now is patently bad, possibly broken.

youtu.be/9bD42NVEICQ?list=PLx8MErhM-cACSC2_5DESczBNu8s5wWNz2

Yeah with all the abortion shitposting you already know most if not everyone who shits on the game hasn't ever played it.

>modern games don't look entirely like those levels
>yeah sure, the level with Stickerbush Symphony is the most hated in DKC2, source: your fucking ass

it looks exactly like that

I'm pretty sure one of the last parts of the summit's b side is literally a spike maze with some wind added for good measure

Looking forward to seeing how they'll dig themselves into an even deeper hole

Lena Raine is a cutie.

He was right and you don't have enough exposure with the genre if you don't see it.
Its vertical slice mentality taken to its logical endpoint. It was bound to happen. Doesn't mean it is good though.

>there is only one level of proficiency
user someone can be more proficoent at something than someone else
being proficient in something is certainly reaching a certain level of ability, but you do not just stop learning after that point
bot all good pianists can perform multi octave jumps at the same speed, not all weightlifters will have the same perfect form
someone reaching an expected level of proficiency and a mastery level proficiency are entirely different leagues

>now

Attached: 1562776675237.png (338x327, 169K)

Is this game harder than IWBTG?

Attached: band land.jpg (1312x1080, 699K)

>strawman
"no" proficiency is just the term used when someone isn't less than proficient. Yes it is reaching a certain level of ability, that level being the baseline expectation.
expected level is indeed called proficient. Mastery level is called mastery.

Its like you derive a perverse satisfaction from purposely incorrectly categorizing terms.

protip: a bot can literally be proficient in running its executable while another can not.

I don't hate it i think it's mediocre. That's what i originally said (proof: )
So hm why don't you just answer the question already. I answered everyone of your arguments, are you just not smart enough to refute this? ...well then
In that case, (if you'll sincerely excuse this) it's pretty much game set and match, and the game is ultimately mediocre at best, especially since you can't articulate outside of "u-uh y-you d-didn't play it! therefore, you can not PROVE it's shit! uh-h and-d d-uh uh i-im j-just GOOD at games!"

Literally leave Yea Forums and go back to redd󠛡it forever you fucking humiliated infestion. no one should have to go to the EXTENT to prove their opinion i did to the extent today but by god did it backfire in your face. holy shit.

You are not capable of the mental faculties required to argue on this board. and it's Yea Forums. that should be a sign.

Attached: 1550901813764.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

Wait you realize learning piano takes literally years right.

Almost anything that takes skill willl take time more than anything else, you can't become the next da vinci in the next couple of hours or even days or even years.

no, it is a pale imitation of being the guy, just like the story of the game lays out.
See, its simply a meta-commentary. Lena wants to be the Guy but functionally isn't. It leads to depression.
Its deeper than dark souls bruh.

In IWBTG, you're much more likely to hit a brick wall of difficulty that makes you want to stop.
The difficulty curve is sharp, and there isn't much content between these walls, so you're not seeing very much interesting stuff.
This makes it feel a lot harder than it actually is

Celeste's hardest moments are as hard as the hardest moments of IWBTG, but they're at the end of the game, or optional

>haha you finished analyzing/reading/watching/playing the media that you criticized, which by doing so definitely provided more honest evidence to your claims of criticism?? Haha don't you see you played yourself??

lena thinks it's a woman though

In my restless dreams I still fucking hear the music.

Gender politics aside, how does it compare to Super meat boy?

So is the game about abortion or transitioning?
Or is it supposed to be both now?

it's about wanting to be fucked by bbc

why are you idiots so thoroughly obsessed with trans people
if you just hopped off right-wing spaces you'd hear about them 1/20th as often
do yourself a favor, god damn

>I wanna be the gal
for a story about a trans-guy thats actually a pretty good title y'know

Attached: 1542661750552.gif (256x192, 344K)

in that specific instance.
Highland africans are more skilled at running short bursts due to their geographic heredity selecting it thru generations of passive eugenics. They are more skilled at it than other peoples without having to practice years doing so.
It is a natural skill. You could argue the generations of passive eugenics was the "years" required to develop the trait but then you aren't discussing the same thing anymore.

Which aspect of talent of Da Vinci are you basing your claims on? His art, his architecture, his shading, his anatomy? You are using a bonafide outlier in human capacity to judge all people against.

I'm pretty sure it's neither, but Yea Forums tends to exist in alternate worlds from time to time.

it's no contest and i think you know what that means.

Not only is Celeste not actually designed in the way the bait image describes, the spike traps are not an inherent gameplay flaw. It's a great way to force precision which is why you see them used in harder levels in older platformers. The difference between a game like Celeste and Mega Man is the fact that Celeste is designed for you to die per room and get right back into it. Mega Man and Donkey Kong only have a set number of checkpoints and also function on a life system so if you fail too many times you have to do the entire thing over again. The need to restart from the beginning is where most of the frustration comes from. This is eliminated in newer games (for the most part).

Also most people did not literally "hate" these levels, they just said this because they're tough. Especially not the DK bramble levels, except maybe the one where you have to race as the squawks.

Please review this screenshot any time you're feeling salty.

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (885x935, 1.1M)

being good at Go and Mahjong is not muscle memory

Nice twitter meme normalnigger

its a thread about a transexual. I think all discussion of transexuals is par for the course given the topic of the thread.

Again, you just don't like it being discussed because of the content of the discussion. If we were all talking pro-trans rights you wouldn't be raging against the machine like you are.

i just corrected him you sperg
i think you're the one who's obsessed here

this game was hated on Yea Forums. I have never seen anyone but trannies actually liking it

Because it knows it isn't The Guy. It wants to be The Guy but knows it isn't. So in its insanity it believes it must be the Girl.

You're not right because you finished the game, retard. Great job though, this really won you the argument.

mark bussler go home

This is easily refutable when they teach you speedrun moves at the postgame which can be applied throughout the earlier levels.

This is the most contrarian image I have ever seen, if this game didn't have trans developers you all would be calling it hardcore gaming kino.

Mahjong and go don't require muscle memory, what the fuck is this post even trying to say? Read nigger, he said "being good at something" not "being good at everything"

your claims are equally as baseless as the claim people did hate it.
No one did a strawpoll either way but history having those types of level fall out of favor naturally until IWTBTG came along and coupled with youtube culture created it as its own genre of game.
So without concrete proof either way we can let the past inform our present. It is the only thing we can base it on in the absence of concrete proof.
There seems to be a trend of people of your mentality rejecting the notion of letting the past inform your present. It is an actively harmful mindset.

Yep. No matter how much you retards try to defend it, the first time this image was posted without context, my first though was Celeste, which I had myself played by then. And it's not like I hated it either.
You don't need to make this shit up, it's literally just that.

You know you literally never even gave any prove the game is like that right? Meanwhile actual footage of the game was posted in the thread disproving it already.
yikes

I don't get the comparisons to IWBTG in general because in that games and games like it, much of the repeated dying comes from things you couldn't possibly predict rushing in to fuck you. In Celeste, you get a fairly good visual estimate on how to get from A to B. Then this is where using the "Dark Souls of x" branding comes in full force.

>NOOOO WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M NOT A WOMAN?

Attached: 1553450664513.png (700x700, 432K)

and yet someone decided it would be good to measure people against Da Vinci, even though it was never meant to be about "being good at everything."

Because it is closer to IWBTG than it is removed from it. You people don't have working minds if you can't square this peg.

>I never played IWBTG but I will pretend like I know exactly how that game works!

It isn't about you not being a woman, its about the people around you telling you you are and enabling a mental illness in what could only be described as willful malice.

>You are a tranny!
Im not the one talking about chopping dicks 24/7

Thanks anons, that's all I wanted to hear. Now I can safely ignore all the "are you casual?? 2 hard???" defenses of the game since I beat IWBTG without much difficulty.

As a sidenote, I was actually very interested in continuing through IWBTG for the comedy. Not the fucking gay references, but the gameplay slapstick.

>Wojak

>tranny

No it isn't nigger, IWBTG is a game where haha funny Ryu tetsumakitenpukyakku out of the floor!! this is a game where you can literally move the screen to see how to puzzle a chain of jumps ahead of time and nothing but your own skill as a player matters

nothing. its fun. your a cuck hungry for (you)s

It really isn't. Rayman Origins had many insta-death levels and nobody called that an IWBTG wannabe either.

>I know, I'll strawman him, that always works!
pathetic.

no shit, no one said that because those games don't involve physical, technical ability

user do you not realize there is a difference between being considered proficient at something and describing your specific level of proficiency? A master is more proficient than someone merely considered "proficient"

Master level fighting game players drop less combos than anyone else
Master level pianist perform hard fast sections more accurately than anyone else
A master level fangame players hits less spikes than anyone else
It's not complicated.

Maybe try showing that you actually have the knowledge you pretend to have then, because anyone that has played both IWBTG and Celeste knows they are nothing a like.

haha yeah, why are you so obsessed, just ignore it bro it's not like the entire culture is getting more and more focused on not only accepting but actually promoting trannies and other bizarre deviants, it's all in your head just go outside lol

Why is there even a thread about trannies in the first place on the video games board? I'd understand if the game itself was blatantly trans related like JJ Macfield but there's nothing in Celeste that warrants such a huge discussion when all you have to go on are a few screens that don't even matter to the game

>they'll tell you to fuck off to Yea Forums even if you didnt ever browse Yea Forums
Now don't fucking try to pretend that's how it actually goes. There's way more people convinced that everyone who disagrees with them is from /pol/ than those just sending others there.

The game was never fun, but the soundtrack is great and the style is neat.

Attached: 1561675559463.jpg (564x564, 70K)

we always hated it, we correctly predicted that this shit would happen, and now we're laughing at you faggots for being such transparently obvious and unoriginal hacks. Dilate.

I don't dispute that, but inventing additional stuff out of thin air is just going to make you look obsessed.

Why do people shit on this game while super meat boy got a pass?

Describe both IWBTG and Celeste and never repeat discriptors. That is the only way you will prove to me they have nothing in common and are nothing alike.
You have autism and are arguing the square is a rectangle but rectangle isn't a square mentality. In reality, they are very similar games. More similar than they are separate.

Why it gets your goat that people are (correctly) asserting this is the confusing part.

You are mistaken in your post. It isn't a tranny thread. It is a thread on the video game Celeste. The content of the game simply involves transexual elements so it is being discussed alongside every other aspect of the game.

the straight platforming segments are different in available mechanics and objects you have to tackle (fangames don't usually have air dashing or walljumping or anything) but the structure and concept is the same
precise precision platforming through narrow linear pathways typically filled with spikes
they're two games in the same genre

Super Meat Boy doesn't just get an auto pass from everyone either. Some love it some hate it. Like all genres of bideo juegos it has its supporters and its detractors.
That is the wonder of games, they are varied enough that there is something for anyone.

so the game is just an ugly kaizo smw knockoff with gay shit?

IWBTG is a troll game that constantly fucks you over in unfair ways you can't see coming. It never gives you good looks at the level and constantly catapults obstacles out of nowhere that you could never see coming. It's the definition of trial and error.

Celeste is an actual video game that clearly gives the player the information they need, mechanics are clearly taught to the player before they need to react to them, and scrolling screens always have telescopes in them that allow the player to see the entire screen without first needing to jump into it. A player can clearly look at a screen in celeste and understand how they could get through it with the knowledge they have over the mechanics.

In IWBTG almost every death is due to bullshit like getting killed by a background element that looked harmless, out of screen enemies, traps that can't be spotted or shit like apples falling upwards or sidewards. IWTG is a troll game with a couple of hard jumps here and there, mostly in the endgame.

>IWBTG is a platformer--
>Celeste is a platformer--
Aw shit man you really got me now

user has never played a fangame in his life I see
also if you ever watched someone actually good at these games like geezer you'd realize being able to detect traps like that is a skill in and of itself

Ha, you used 'game' in both, that means you lose

I hate super meat boy too and mcmillen's edy garbage in general

I think I just hate the modern single screen immediate respawn precision platformer, for me a platformer needs a sense of place and progression in a level which is why I find tropical freeze so great

This game has never been liked on Yea Forums. Why are trannies so persistant in rewriting history?

There is NOTHING about trannies in the game, you just use it as an excuse to jerk eachother about how much you hate trannies and then call everyone that tells you to fuck off with your off topic shitposting a tranny

>Tfw too busy enjoying a fun platforming game to even noticed story and shit.

Same thing happened with Braid. Anyone that says they enjoyed Braid for the story is a pretentious 2DEEP4U fag that probably also likes shit stories like dark souls and NGE.

Accepting trans people is not the same as promoting it.
>but choosing to be a trans and getting the surgery makes you suicide!
No, the lifetime suicide -attempt- rate of 42% has literally nothing to do with surgery or HRT, its just talking about trans people vs cis people. Only like a third of trans people ever get the surgery.
I don't think many American libs like the idea of very young kids having their hormones messed with, that's a far-left thing.
But also, "A large study of transgender adolescents from the Netherlands found that only 1.9 percent of those who hit puberty and start puberty blockers decide to stop treatment."
And simple HRT at a young age is reversible.

The problems you have are all invented to rationalize a feeling of unease created in you by seeing something "abnormal."
They wouldn't be abnormal if they were accepted.
It's all invented.
If you have any questions, you can always just read some fucking studies on these things, the science completely supports our current ways of helping trans people.

Attached: 1539133440217.jpg (750x996, 180K)

This. You get a feel for the mentality of the level designer with enough time with the game.
Its like castlevania: you see a long bridge of single blocks leading off the screen. You KNOW that some of those blocks are going to fall under you even before running across them.

Since fucking when?

Attached: 1567937289148.gif (127x160, 481K)

HURR DURR: THE LEVEL HAS GOOD MUSIC THEREFOR PEOPLE LIKE PLAYING THE LEVEL.

If you ever actually watched someone play a fangame for the first time they will always die to those traps you dipshit.
If they don't then they clearly already played through it before.

I never understood the hype.
What does it add to IWBTG, Super Meat Boy, and Dustforce? SJW story?

>Super Meat Boy (2010 (2008))
>sequel to a fucking flash game made on a shoestring budget with no expectations from anyone
>Celeste (2018)
>shilled endlessly everywhere on the internet and made by leaf "non-binary" faggot who already had a breakout game
there's your answer

>you'd realize being able to detect traps like that is a skill in and of itself
user you cannot seriously suggest in any capacity that every single trap in IWBTG is foreseeable.

so the screenshots with the trans flag is fanart and not in the game itself?
Oh its just the ending but using your logic we can never talk about the endgame content of a video game ever again because you weren't platforming at that specific moment.

Again, you are just angry because the discussion is not favorable to a thing you personally like or agree with. We understand that fully. We are just telling you it doesn't matter.

Its black and white user. Its in the game, intentionally, so we are discussing it. Are you reporting every post that mentions IWBTG or SMB when it doesn't mention Celeste by name? This is a Celeste thread and those posts are off topic based on your (flawed) mentality.

it's a different game
It's fun.

IWBTG and celeste are still extremely different games and there is no way someone could say that they play similarly, unless they haven't played both games.

I like Celeste, I think it's a really neat game. Thanks for reminding me the DLC came out

>UGH I HATE TRANNIES AND GAYS BTW WE ARE DISCUSSING VIDEO GAMES BECAUSE THERE IS A TINY GAY FLAG IN A VIDEO IN THE GAME
Can we talk about italian cuisine because there is a italian flag in spiderman?

maybe you will. Try watching people that are skillful or masterful instead of just proficient.

You can assume but no reliable way to tell exactly which ones, unless they are visually distinct.

You are welcome user, I hope you have alot of fun!
I'm the user telling people tranny stuff is a mental illness btw. I still hope you have fun in your leisure time.

intuition is a thing that exists.

Looks cute and young would bang. But the game seems indie trash so no buy.

How the fuck is crafting recipes getting better at the game? You literally just sound like you are bad and want a casual game.

>playing any of these "le super harrrd platformer xD" games when SMW ROMhacks are free
Pic related, my current favorite

Attached: GPW2.png (1200x629, 697K)

I would ask the dude himself to prove how much shit you are spouting but he is offline right now

Attached: b7e9a626156f89fbd6b4d3218ac0898c.png (231x48, 2K)

What's revolutionary about Celeste that got it praise?

>The content of the game simply involves transexual elements
I don't think those elements are sufficient to warrant the mess we get; it's like one step up A Hat in Time's inclusion of trans elements (ie barely fuckall) and shouldn't be used to justify culture war shitposting that has little to no relevance to the game.

>no expectations from anyone.

Ed has multiple mental breakdowns while making the game and dealing with microsoft. After the game was released, it was held in extremely high regard just like this game is for its game play.

Go back to resetera, tranny. Yea Forums has always hated niggers and faggots (like you).

Celeste isn't revolutionary
It's just a great game, that's it.

>Its totally on-topic to talk about transitioning because there is a gay flag in the game, we can also talk about our favourite Linux distribution since there is a PC in the same cinematic!

Obsessing about the flag makes you look like a raving loon in the same manner obsessing about the flag in the sewer of Hat in Time was. Go for actually dumb shit like Siege of Dragonspear, a flag that says nothing, does nothing, receives no major focus really isn't worth the incessant amount of shitting. Then again it's not like Yea Forums plays games to occupy itself instead.

reminder that madelaine is TRANS is more likely to commit suicide since she is presenting all the depression symtoms. a 40% chance since the dilatation progress got botched... have sex they said.

Well I don't really mind trannies but if you're having fun arguing with Yea Forums then I hope you enjoy yourself as well

The sticker levels that were bad were the ones with the motherfucking parrot, and those levels were so horrible they almost ruined the entire game. Really drops the rating of DKC2 from what could have been a 10/10 to a mere 9/10

>drawing this based on a single level in the game that the celeste defense force wont stop shilling
If any of you actually did research and/or played the video game, you wouldn't be posting this because you know it is cherry picking.

Attached: sorumm.png (1366x768, 1.81M)

Poe's law, or why we cant have nice things and have fun or some retards will take it too seriously and ruin it for the rest

What you're proposing is not intuition, it's clairvoyance.

Going through B-sides for the first time. Who the fuck thought that this fucking thing is a good idea.

Attached: Celeste_Bumper.jpg (300x169, 14K)

the level of exposure during the game is irrelevant. Scholars will discuss a single sentence in a thousand page tome until the heat death of the universe.
AGAIN, you only oppose it because the content of our discussion is at odds with your personal values. AND THAT IS OKAY.
You can leave the thread at any time. We aren't strongarming you into discourse. You can just as easily discuss other elements of the game and only reply to people discussing likewise content. You don't have to even be replying to me if you don't want to.
I have my personal beliefs and will post about them when relevant, but I'm not forcing you to respond.

So we should see the same praise for SMB Forever?

>My hobby is making things up to anger myself and post about how angry I am on the internet

>Accepting trans people is not the same as promoting it
that's exactly what I said

the problem isn't with tolerating trannies although I think these people should be talked out of their delusions instead of being irresponsibly enabled but with the overall blurring of the lines between the sexes movement taking place right now

if you can't see the trends and patterns in pop culture I don't know what to tell you

it's called minecraft if you haven't noticed, you have to know the recipes for things

Good thing I don't care how I am portrayed on an anonymous image board.
I pity the people that do care.

Is this shitposting or do you really think you are fucking Socrates because you are shitposting about trannies in a video game board you absolute cringelord?

tranny isn't an identity it is a symptom of severe mental illness

That's not skill. Knowing there are spray patterns in CS GO is not skill, it's knowledge. Knowing how to do them is skill because there is an execution curve. There is no execution curve for crafting in Minecraft. It takes very little skill. Once you know how to do it, you simply do it.

ebisumaru is a trans man, he was born female

Attached: Ebisumaru_-_02.gif (156x185, 17K)

The trends exist, but again, assuming that everything is promoting it is fucking lunacy. If Celeste had a scene in which Madeline clutches the flag and just stares at the player as the names of trans activists flash in the background, yeah, you'd be right on the money.

clairvoyance is psuedo science akin to magic. Intuition is a real thing that is measurable.

No surprise someone who is arguing pro-trans rights would think psuedo science is actual real world phenomena.

Attached: meme chair.jpg (480x360, 10K)

SMB Forever is a shitty mobile game auto runner, ofcourse not.

Hating the game is necessary to prevent the same shit from happening to other promising games.

Braid creator was literally seething that people were having fun with the game instead of thinking about the story, to the point he made videos and articles complaining about it

No I'm not which is why I didn't't say that at all. I said certain people are better at guessing where they are than others.

Even beginners learn basic levels of this after they get slaughtered by enough apples swaying harmlessly on a tree

I just explained how they're similar above.

Fuck off this isnt even an argument against the game
At least use the tranny screenshot or cryptic Crystal Heart shit
Scribbles like this isnt apt argument against the design.

Attached: 1568178060203.jpg (540x405, 39K)

Dunno about you dudes but i just hate trannies i don't need a reason for it i just do

Attached: Choppper.png (1066x540, 508K)

I haven't bothered reading through all the shitty bait in this thread but I believe some people mean IWBTG fangames when they say IWBTG. Not every fangame has traps and I can see the similarity between the two.
I'm glad more precision platformers are happening desu

gays and trannies get standing ovations for being abnormal, children see that praise and they mimic. homosexuality is a contagious disease when it is celebrated all over pop-culture

I mean it's fine if you're the kind of person who manages to keep his Yea Forums and regular life separate enough, but it's a thing I see less and less of these days, so it's worth noting.

It's SO DEEP because the story was about abortion or miscarriages or some emotionally manipulative bullshit like that.

the example was clearly about religious scholars interpreting the bible or torah or something and I never said I was the scholar.
I was just saying people do discuss minutia in excruciating detail and you being upset about it is rooted AGAIN in the babby mentality of us just not discussing it favorably.

Dark Souls threads are regularly discussed on the merits of single lines of text on items. Entire lore structures were defined on a sentence user.

Then he made the witness and tried to pull the same shit.

But I did
IWBTG isn't even difficult, just unfair
Boshy is actually difficult however.

Attached: 0833702efcd4dfc8553946d24183abc0.png (210x443, 23K)

>Ed has multiple mental breakdowns while making the game and dealing with microsoft.

Ed is a faggot.

IWTBTG was intentionally designed to piss people off. Most of these newer platformers are trying to give you a challenge but not a headache.
>baseless
You're right, to some extent. However I think many of us can agree that the biggest issue with these type of difficult levels in older platformers is that they were extremely unforgiving in allowing the player to retry the challenge. The issue generally wasn't the challenge itself.

It doesn't.
SMB is a slippery slidey platformer with incredibly tough obstacles
IWTBG is a troll game
Celeste is more akin to a puzzle platformer with pretty specific ways of doing a level, but it has advanced dash mechanics you can learn based on gathering momentum and cancelling your dash consumption.

What same shit? The devs adding a trans flag that in no way effects the gameplay or story whatsoever?
Oh no, so scary, can't let that happen. You guys threw as much of a fit when A Hat in Time did it too, only that game was actually wildly popular here compared to Celeste. But I guess you have to start hating these games because they have a blue and pink flag in them. Or maybe you could get over it

Attached: EECpckaW4AAh_Vf.png (495x360, 332K)

What fucking story? You trying to save the princess and lol surprise twist you was the one trying to kidnap her in the first place, also lol allegory for the atomic bomb.

True, but you are doing everyone a disservice by assuming that quality onto every post you see that you disagree with. asking for clarification is always preferrable to strawmans and assumptions.

We are here to have discussions and post images.

>IWBTG was intentionally designed to piss people off.
So was this DLC, just from a different vector. Its great marketing I'll give you that.

Your explanation was essentially "if you played enough fangames you can guess how traps work, therefore the games are the same", despite the only major similarity being that they both require precision.

There is nothing to discuss, its a little detail in the means of "supporting gays" or whatever, there is literally 0 mentions of homosexuality or transexualism in the game other than two tiny flags that appear for 2 seconds, whats there to discuss? You are just using it as a weak excuse to talk about how much you hate trannies and how transitioning is bad because x and y, we dont care about your hot opinions, talk about the game or fuck off

"It" should be euthanized like all other mentally ill trannies.

You just posted an image describing a variety of enemies besides spikes though, not just a series of difficult jumps with deadly surfaces fucking everywhere. There's clearly a difference here.

How does it not effect (you mean affect) the story in any way?

There is alot to discuss whether merited or not. You just don't want to open the door further into that closet of skeletons because you know you won't agree with the content of the discussion.
AND THAT IS OKAY.

Based.

trans flag does affect the story, went from being a platformer to a disgusting faggot game

It wasn't tho, the developer is just a SJW.
that's it, there's no meaning behind it.

Have you ever even played IWBTG? Or watched someone play it? That game goes out of its way to kill the player. It has bullshit curveballs that you could have never expected around every corner. Your path is clear in Celeste or Meat Boy. Even if you don't win the first time you can look and see where you're supposed to go. If things don't work out or you're making a jump the wrong way you feel it out but the game doesn't just hit you with something out of nowhere just to kill you.

>asking for clarification is always preferrable to strawmans and assumptions.
Fair enough, it's mostly just that the amount of ironic contrarianism on Yea Forums has been making it increasingly difficult to separate pretend and actual retardation.

Less assumptions would be good in general, but it's not something I see a lot of people commit to, whether it's posting or responding.

Discussions of DS lore are usually contained within the actual confines of the game universe. The discussion in this thread doesn't even do that much posturing on whether Madeline is trans or not, it goes straight to bitching about trannies in real life and brings into play posters' personal opinions. It's like how Wolfenstein and Far Cry threads devolve into bitching about white genocide, with no actual regard to the game once you get 100 posts in.

How does it affect it? If she had a russian flag would the game be about russia?

Bumpers are pure evil

I'd say this is a more valid argument against the game than that tranny shit. Meatboy clones are the most effortless game design.

false equivalence my guy
one is a flag for a country the other is a flag of ideology

how about a nazi flag and a MAGA hat?

>This entire thread.

Fuck this.

Attached: 1568206774919.png (540x750, 311K)

>tfw chapter 9 has these things but made them even worse

Attached: 1555663243610.jpg (663x663, 105K)

Ever played I Wanna Be the Boshy? Most people prefer it to IWBTG. I think it's a lot better designed, more difficult (while being fairer), and a lot of fun.
I'm not the person you replied to, but I think that the hardest bits of Celeste are harder than any other 2D platformer I've played, and this is my favorite genre. This is because in it you have a solid arsenal of moves (jump, grab, multi-directional dash), and when this is combined with a wide variety of gimmicks (jump refreshers, clouds you bounce off of, parachutes, springs, and much more), movement exploits (that in most games would never be known to players and used exclusively by speedrunners, but are introduced as game mechanics in the final levels of Celeste), and precision platforming, you get levels that require a lot of planning, concentration, and timing to execute.
These moments are also why I've recently come to the conclusion that Celeste might be the best platformer I've ever played. If someone thinks otherwise, I'd happily accept a recommendation, but chances are I've already played it. I also really hope you check Celste out yourself instead of believing the tasteless retards of Yea Forums.

Simply disengenuous. I'm RWDS tier and even I know if I created something in this society it isn't made in a vacuum and people that oppose my views would be affected. As a result I probably wouldn't put my personal values into my product. Mainly because my personal values would have no reason to be inserted.
>we live in a society but unironically.

DS exists in a reality separate from our own. Far Cry or Celeste patently doesn't.

The problem with Celeste is that nobody would even talk about it without the story and the titular character. It's literally wrapped around gender politics and gimmicks.

Well I sure like this game a whole lot and my opinion on it has only improved since I first played it. Shame it’s one of those games that’s impossible to discuss here now, but I can talk about it with my friends at least. Hopefully people here can agree that the music absolutely slaps though.

Attached: 21F230CE-85D8-4D33-8EA6-6ADD35CDA7C1.jpg (1497x1947, 545K)

Attached: 1565877611626.png (618x750, 479K)

Then it will be perfectly okay to discuss about Donald Trump and american politics in every thread right?

Boshy is unironically kino

Attached: 1566631384316.jpg (2480x3507, 954K)

Celeste also has a variety of platforming challenges. There are enemies in the game as well as other hazards and platforming variation besides spikes. I'll say it again, if you really think the entire game is just room after room of spike corridors then you just haven't played it.

Whats the story in Celeste about user?

>been saying this since super meatboy
>it took trannies for Yea Forums to realise that
I should be happy but I just feel depressed.

Be the change you want to see in the world user. I'm being abrasive in my posts but I never cross over a line. I am simply discussing a topic. I'm even going out of my way to tell the people yelling at me that their opinion is equally as valid even though I disagree with it.
Because, they not me, are acting less than admiral in their posting. I might be counter to the content of this game but I'm posting suicide stats or pepes or wojaks or anything to intentionally tilt people.

Attached: 1565468169431m.jpg (1023x1024, 88K)

I literally didn't
say anything even remotely close to that
boshy is "unfair" at multiple times as well
it's not as prevalent as in IWBTG where basically every screen fucks you, but it's still there.

IWBTG itself is a bad game anyways, only worth playing for the history. It's not even that hard or demanding

>nuh uh actually it is harder
Shut the fuck up.

i found celeste to be many orders of magnitude easier than super meat boy

Typical pretentious subjects: abortion, depression, transgender issues. You know, things you'd expect in a platformer.

If the game in question involves that content then yes.

Attached: 1568260679735.jpg (750x730, 101K)

Do you honestly think that the game having a gay flag and otherwise 0 mentions to any political stuff is merit enough for posting "transitioning is bad and leads to suicide" and pretending you are talking about the game?

We can do that anyways.

WRONNNNNNNNG
sorry looks like you fell for shitposting

Depression vaguely stemming from abortion and trans rights and the personal struggle of the individual as opposed to the societal level, conveyed thru platforming levels.

Where does the abortion shit come from? There's no abortion in the game at all. The story is mainly about dealing with anxiety/panic attacks

Boshy is also unfair, but it has a lot more parts where it actually requires skill and is somewhat fair.

Is this a poorly designed level?

Attached: Roadtonowhere1.png (636x432, 61K)

Why should I play Celeste when Crimson Needle 3 exists?

Attached: 1560093598614m.jpg (853x1024, 76K)

Look at this fucking retard, look at this dumb sheep parroting shit, this is the kind of people that considers themselves redpilled, Jesus Christ.

This and A Trans in Time are tranny games for trannies.

>Vaguely stemming from abortion
Source: shitposting from Yea Forums

Attached: 1558812276721.gif (1280x1600, 230K)

le max distance jump precision deathspike on every side meme image got posted early
shame that can only be applied to half of the C sides and some parts of farewell since the rest of the game is extremely lenient on actual spacing

are you sure you didn't want to say the t word a few more times

Attached: C947A961-7B23-47BA-B008-61A7A0D589EB.jpg (630x355, 32K)

AHEM
Git gud

So all the scenes of her crying and the fetus shaped maps, that means nothing?

There's probably like one random line of dialogue that people are stretching across the globe to be about abortion. My advice is that you don't respond to abortion posters at all, it's the second worst bait next to tranny posters.

Attached: 1557140598646.jpg (379x700, 40K)

But how about super meat boy?

>abortion
>transgender issues
which is it user
hint it's neither and the flags are literally just there because the artist wanted to include them

explain why you think the author made the curtains blue

>There is a tranny in the game team that made the music (which is pretty good btw) so Im going to delight everyone with my hot hot opinions on other peoples life choices in every thread

Yeah but you realize he was raised as an apprentice in the fine arts since age 12 right? He practiced for literal decades to get at the level of ability he had. Art was his entire life, it's only natural he'd be exceptional at it.

If we want to use a lesser known example look up Andrew Loomis, Michael Hampton, or George Bridgemen. Or really any modern instagram artists. They all say the same in the end regardless of age, style, or background. That it took practice, dedication, and discipline.

>fetus shaped maps
so you are just a troll. good to know

Yes. AGAIN: the content of the discussion just leads to places you don't like. The fact that the discussion always leads there is a reflection of how the society and culutre of Yea Forums is seen. You have umbrage with the fact that we dislike it and voice that dislike.
That is where your consternation stems from. If we were all talking pro-trans rights you wouldn't be making posts like this.
Its literally
>stop disliking what I like
and that is why people aren't showing a sliver of care for your views. Because they are your views, not theirs. You have to be 18+ to post here and adults accept that other people have differing views.
I don't agree with your views or those espoused in this game. I never once asked or demanded you change your views. I just asserted that I see them as pathetic and your anger is stemmed from a different source than just the baseline complaints.

The content is in the game
We will discuss that aspect
You can choose at any time to not be a part of that discussion.
I said I'm RWDS tier but I still don't go to pol because the people there are insane. I don't interact with them even though I agree with many of their views, the discussion just isn't healthy so I remove myself. I don't campaign to delete pol or police what they discuss. I just remove myself from interaction directly.
Like an adult would do.

Attached: 1561306915162.png (666x713, 78K)

I'm sorry if I find it pretentious. Platformers aren't designed to be super serious stories.

I want a robo sexbot gf

>If you cry it means you had an abortion
Look dude you win the game is about abortion trannies niggers and why women wont have sex with you I cant fucking argue with this level of delusion

You probably think Gyigas doesn't have any connection to rape or rapebabies just because those specific words are never uttered.

Here's my hot hot opinion: I would eagerly fuck that tranny as long as she promised not to speak during.

Attached: 1562418594151.png (410x810, 378K)

you are literally just parroting bullshit and assuming the story is about something completely untrue, sorry user

Attached: j6wf07ywloh11.jpg (1741x1921, 549K)

I travel around near San Francisco daily and have not even seen a single one.

>it's more of a puzzle game than a platformer honestly.
I like that.

what does crying have to do with abortion?
source on the fetus shaped map?
Game is clearly about overcoming depression and anxiety broadly.

do you honestly believe that any of the tranny obsessed shitposters have even actually played the game?

I dont know what you are talking about goalpostmoving-kun

Attached: 1556700466620.jpg (700x700, 80K)

>this is a man
thanks anime

And then you have people like Charles-Valentin Alkan doing masterful compositions at the age of 5.

The story is good. It's a simple depiction of depression and anxiety. It doesn't try too hard, it's relatable, and it's tied together with the gameplay. Best part is you can even skip it altogether if you'd like.

This game is designed in a way that Yea Forums should love it but people rather false flag "political opinions" here than actually play and understand video games.

Composer is a tranny, and lead developer is at least a trender. So they're probably "genuine" in their support.

>I am ignorant on the larger video game subculture but you should continue to listen to my drivel
point taken.

Attached: 1558159861803.png (1020x1004, 1.41M)

Go to bed Adachi.

>wants to make an argument in favor or against [thing]
>doesn't know facets of [thing] within the media itself
wew fucking lad

>>"it's more of a puzzle game than platformer"
>posts a webm of an elaborate jumping puzzle thinking this somehow contradicts the point.

Has nobody stopped to ask anybody "Why are you switching genders?" ever in the history of mankind? Unless you're getting surgery to change your genitals literally nothing changes now except the he got an s or the she lost an s.

Attached: 1565903300377.jpg (454x801, 58K)

>ctrl-F
>"tran"
>104 results found

Attached: 1530123308297.jpg (511x671, 33K)

See, I can't even talk about the game because of all this hostility.

Honestly its sad that some people who supossedly like video games will never know that you fight the personification of you self hating depressed you that shots lasers from the mouth and will isntead think its a 2deep4you pretentious game about abortion and trannies

Attached: 1565827254041.jpg (1080x1396, 233K)

>you're lying to yourself if you think the b sides aren't extremely tedious and require more muscle memory than skill
just because you're bad at videogames and should be playing animal crossing instead doesn't mean everyone is
Now, C-sides are the stuff of cuntish nightmares. But B-sides are super fun and well done challenges.

Playing mother doesnt gives you the right to talk about your incel-issues in a video game board, try again.

broadly huh? like the word vaguely like I orginally asserted huh?

People aren't asking because it is so counter to the entire course of human history most people just instantly assume that person is broken beyond repair.
The real question you hsould be asking is why are the people that support and enable the phenomena doing so when it isn't helping.

I have trouble believing they play any games with how much outrage they put up over nonsense and how often I see chains of replies in threads for roughly an hour

Attached: 1561215398056.jpg (460x690, 122K)

>responding to a sealion

>playing video game doesn't give you the right to talk about video game in a video game board, try again
Your inept cries are coming from people disagreeing with your world view and you can't reconcile it even though those criticisms are coming from an anonymous image board and you really should be able to minimize the level of affectation that is happening here.

bumpers are hard but feathers in tight spaces are literally impossible for me

>most of Yea Forums would rather be a cute girl
>b-b-b-b-but trans are bad!!!

Attached: 1338560400749.png (608x580, 87K)

Trannies are not video games user, no matter how hard you try to force it.

>People aren't asking because it is so counter to the entire course of human history most people just instantly assume that person is broken beyond repair.
>The real question you hsould be asking is why are the people that support and enable the phenomena doing so when it isn't helping.
Do you think this shit has anything to do with Celeste?

I fucking did it, finally. Beat the final chapter 5 min ago. I thought it would never end.
Personally I found the game better than similar tough platformers such as Super Meat Boy and Wings of Vi. It has a very good difficulty curve.
If you are concerned about SJW bullshit, the only thing was the small LGBTQMSAA flags added by the devs in one scene. That's it.
>B-But Madeline is a tranny
No she is not. The pills are antidepressants. The fucking game is about her depression. There are no dialog whatsoever to indicate she is a tranny and there would have easily there been if she was one. I mean Badeline would have said something like she was never accepted for who she was or something similar, but that never happened.
>B-But she has a nigger boyfriend
He is not her boyfriend and doesn't become it either. Just finished the game. There were no cutscenes that indicates anything other than they became friends.

Attached: 20190914191844_1.jpg (2560x1440, 368K)

I don't see how that's related at all but you could make a way stronger argument for that than anything in Celeste. Especially considering the fact that the fucking developer even said he was shocked when he walked in on a rape scene in a film as a kid. Come to think of it if Itoi was a western developer Yea Forums would probably make fun of him endlessly.

Trans aren't cute and they aren't girls.

Bro you can’t gain Yea Forums clout being genuinely invested in and positive about things, you gotta parrot memes and hate trannies just like me.

Attached: E1F49A34-E644-4DC9-BC2A-68AEB9B1D3A1.gif (395x542, 16K)

says the closet frustrated tranny

>now

this, all that's changed is the reason Yea Forums hates it

I dont know a single tranny, I havent seen a tranny irl as far as I know, then I come to Yea Forums and every single fucking thread is a discussion about trannies

spikes

I honestly never heard of it I just say the tranny hrt spam here and thought kek retards bought this
Platformers are shit anyway I never liked them

Wait, I thought it was some kind of abortion metaphor?
Where is the tranny shit coming from now?

I always hated that game. Got it for free, and it's the only game I've ever rage-uninstalled. Couldn't get more than 4 zones in, apparently it has a story but never even saw this first whiff of one.

Attached: angrypepe.png (1600x1200, 129K)

name 1, ONE video game that Yea Forums actually likes.

>post rate speeds up dramatically as soon as shitposting commences and people stop discussing the actual game
Every fucking time.

?

there's baby mode settings to slow the game down for people like you

>modern Yea Forums
>literally and unironically taking ideas from Laura Kate Dale just to post the same meme shit like calling everything a seething tranny in need of dilation that's already in every thread anyways
This shit's legitimately sub-reddit levels of pathetic.

Dude sex
Eye
EBA
Explorers of sky

Blame the game companies for listening to trannies for some odd reason

Attached: image.jpg (208x225, 43K)

As I said earlier Yea Forums has been unusable for years you cant make a thread about a game anymore, it has to contain some kind of drama, be it real or fake, about a game or just a tweet about american idpol, but try making a thread about dunno, Control without talking about the female protagonist or about the single black person on it, it'll die in 10 minutes

Yea Forums never liked it to begin with

You are forced to talk about trannies 24/7 because there is a tiny flag in Celeste? Maybe you are obssesed user?

looks exactly like

Attached: 1567743385790.jpg (228x221, 17K)

>MegaMan10.png

It happens in every thread, not even only Celeste or A Hat in Time threads anymore.
These people are unironically obsessed with trannies and they shoehorn their hatred for them into every thread, no matter how irrelevant it is to the conversation people are trying to have.

can't virtue signal and show off anti-sjw i am over that one bud.

god this is such a good fucking level

Dont you know SMB is actually about Donald Trump?

>literally second to last extra level in the game fits the image, and no others
>everyone constantly shitposts about it because it's the one webm people post
now that there are proper webms from chapter 9 i think this will die down a little. oh who am i kidding.

must be why the protagonist is such a meat-head

what's revolutionary about super meat boy? lmao.
literally copied the gamejam version of celeste. you fucking moron.

All the levels shown here are exactly the same spike corridor as in the image, except that there's some janky alternate path only autistic speedrunners would ever think of.
Right in that video one of the high level techniques is doing a long jump dash the game never teaches you.
Right after that is using another untaught mechanic, that you can abuse level transitions for extended dashes, but that can only ever be used if you already know what the next area is going to be, so the level has effectively only one route unless you're replaying the game and memorized all of it.

you really need to find something productive to focus on my friend

Trans cry because they can't have kids

And you cry because no one gives you attention so the game might as well be about you

FPBP

Pandering to false philosophies

They cry because no one likes them. They left highschool and willingly walked into a hurtlocker that simulates high school tier ostracization for the rest of their lives, all because someone told them they should. That person was equally as unhappy with the harsh nature of reality and the tranny didn't see it and know to not take their advice.

Its the deaf leading the blind with willful ignorance thrown into the mix.

hey it sounds like you're describing Yea Forums! haha!
could you be projecting a little? hahahah!

literally my mom's mario world rom hack

>ctrl+F Syobon Action
>0 results

The fundamental difference is we don't care how we are perceived and realize how reality works.

Damn no one's even said anything yet and you're already deflecting, impressive

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd /thread

Attached: 1567823568845.jpg (567x298, 198K)

really wish I had a lena gf lads

>we don't care how we are perceived
so tsundere user. "im a gamergoober, but its not like care you call me a misogynist!"
>and realize how reality works.
not with how shocked you are at popular gacha games. seems like you desperately try to warp reality to your will, kinda like someone you criticize a lot

Attached: 1557036502207.jpg (661x476, 36K)

again, you are just upset that the topic is not favoring your viewpoint. And that that unfavorable viewpoint is being shown to you on a global forum.
That is fine in and of itself.

Attached: 1473772__safe_artist-colon-moozua_lyra+heartstrings_oc_oc-colon-anon_4chan_bench_brutal+honesty_clot (3500x2650, 1.06M)

Attached: 1557049378366.png (1280x1130, 247K)

Attached: EFG.gif (400x400, 3K)

wrong thread user

Yea Forums always hated this game.

Shills really need to stop coming on how, promoting games, and then point to their own posts and say 'SEE WE'RE POPULAR.'

This guy knows what's up.

Attached: 1555301557089.png (750x743, 609K)

Yea Forums isn't one person. And it was fairly popular here for a few weeks back in 2018. The only reason I bought it was because of how much praise Yea Forums was giving it

Given the huge amounts of parroting, filtering through specific language, gatekeeping, etc., people here care very much about their general perception. It doesn’t carry with them from post to post, but people nitpick the smallest stylistic deviance in people’s posts that you already become super self conscious. This much is undeniable
Given their obsession, which extends to all of Yea Forums and only varies by topic (hell /sci/ is like this about specific majors, iq, etc), and seeing how much of the frustrated /r9k/ “it’s all them not me!” type complaining that now plagues all boards, it’s so obvious to see that people on Yea Forums care very much about the perception of others. You really aren’t better than those trannies you keep making a fuss about

sounds like Super Meat Boy to me

Celeste has double jumps and dash attacks, and in-air refills for them. They don't really play the same at all. I do like both games though, but I think Super Meat Boy is harder personally

The memes are true What kind of bullshit is this? Platform games weren't like this on the SNES and Genesis.

imagine actually being literally retarded and blind

they put the wrong colored rectangles into the game

I still loved it

imagine being this shit at video games

Yea Forums allows anyone to post. If you have a problem with Yea Forums mores and norms you have a problem with the general population at large.
It is what it is user, most people find themselves either liking the way this stream flows, some attempt to swim against the current.

We really are better than them because we just stay on our Laotian lizard searing spirit walk website and laugh at each other. We don't go out into the body politic and cry about the world. We do it here in our own filth because it doesn't matter; its anons talking about trains and shit.

Gotta love that Yea Forums and other right-wing reactionaries only hate trans because they are "mentally ill". Meanwhile most of you are angry incel school shooters in the making.

Attached: 1556477346530.jpg (680x1023, 105K)

>WE realize how reality works!
isn't that what conspiracy theorists say?
how often do you get out of this little bubble?

>ipso facto mindset applied to a global population that intentionally posts anonymously
Instead of crying about deadnames we rage at people even having a persona when you don't need it to peddle ideas and opinions.

nah the people who would be upset are the ones literally throwing a tantrum about a tiny flag in a piece of barely official art

Why does 1B suck so much bros?

that's because it is, in fact, the game in that picture

I don't like these harder platformers. Super meat boy is about my limit. boshy and IWBTG were fun when I was a teen but I don't remember them that fondly besides getting fucked, then getting my friends to play then laughing at them getting fucked.

dude you're a fucking moron. how old are you.
people on this website have no fucking self-awareness and will spread their trash everywhere. they get so upset that not everyone agrees with their "enlightened ideals" and try to force their backwards jealousy on normal people who quite frankly have never given a shit.
sure, there are plenty of people who talk about normal stuff. but there are plenty of people that do so in every community. all anyone else SEES are the people who are stupid enough to make a scene out of themselves. plenty of those people exist here, just as they do in the places you seem to be frustrated with.
stop acting like "we're" better than anyone else. it's pathetic.

Sometimes they were. But this design is more akin to Jumper than to anything that was on a console back in the day.

There's nothing wrong with that as long as the game is designed around it. Building that kind of shit in Mario Maker 2 is just infuriating, for example.

When was this game jam?
Was it before 2008?

1b is my least favorite song. the levels are fine but not great compared to the other bsides. it's just kind of there.
2b blows it way out of the water, and 4b, 5b, 6b, and 7b are all kino. 1b and 3b are not so interesting.

tranny shit

>he doesn't like Maxo

shit taste

we adopted a mentality of calling each other faggot and affixing a -fag suffix to any and all descriptors. And no one cares because they are just words.
That alone proves a superior mental state when discourse happens. You can call me a faggot til the cows come home, I won't be cutting my dong off over it or attempting to kill myself.

It is exactly how whatever preconceived notion you came to the table with operates, because that is what it is: preconceived notions and meta-categorization because it is easy to see people that intentionally stay anonymous as not-people.

This isn't people throwing a tantrum though, those are the people trying to shut discussion up because it veered outside their accepted safe space of discussion, a boundary only they are adhering to because it is self defined to them. People against the ideology are just saying its dumb. Reread my posts. I'm not crying, I'm even telling people their view (which opposes mine) is just as valid as mine because it is just an opinion on an anonymous image board BBS.

You people don't know what to do when someone you have described as below contempt sits here and discusses a topic in opposition to you with composure. You only know how to deal in insults and pettiness.

Of course Yea Forums is anonymously

I'm in my 40s and it isn't hard to claim you are better than a group that has a 40% suicide rate. I'm not laughing at that rate, it is alarming and claiming those people are a hard metric to stack up against is laughable.

>Yea Forums hates...
If Yea Forums can hate it, Yea Forums will hate it.
But, if Yea Forums can like it, Yea Forums will also like it.
Do you understand?

that was the single best part of THE single best MM2 level you utter fucking imbecile

Attached: 1562022805576.gif (192x169, 1.14M)

>What went wrong?

Attached: thats-a-penis.webm (400x317, 942K)

they have a definition of a Yea Forums user already cemented in their mind and that definition is very narrow.
The duality of man is a concept that is fundamentally foreign to their psyche, while living as an extreme caricature of it at the same time.

Yea Forums will hate a game if...
>its popular
>it has a non-waifu female character as a protagonist
>it has any trace of homosexuality or trans
>it has a cast of characters that include blacks, indians or hispanics
>it has pixel art
>its enjoyed by reddit/neogaf/tumblr
>made by any popular western company
And many others

>My job is being a failure of a Shill and try to defend horrible game for cents

Mentally ill person makes a game about a mentally ill person, games plays like a mentally ill person. SHIT GAME GOES IN GARBAGE.

t. lying trannoid who is about to go back to dying

Attached: trannies deserve to be skinned alive.jpg (534x754, 64K)

Man, this thread is fucking SHIT.

Attached: tolkien allegory.jpg (850x400, 55K)

i liked pretty much everything about the gameplay apart from some of the levels having a color scheme where you always couldnt see spikes and other shit that kills you clearly(which didnt happen too often fortunately)

the dialogue, art style of the characters, and the whole anxiety/panic attack story fuckin sucks but its a platformer who cares

stop being so obsessed with trannies you niggers

and yet entire portions of his body of work ended up allegorical.
The scouring of the Shire IS an allegory for industrialization encroaching into small life.

>ITT

Attached: tumblr_lvptodCpgD1qcqwuwo1_500.png.jpg (496x700, 106K)

yes it sure is, as is spending 10+ hours a day online, never going outside, never showering, living off tendies, soda and/or marijuana/alcohol in mommy's spare room, the only pleasure derived out of any given day being masturbation and receiving (You)s

Yea Forums seems to think trannies are "more" mentally ill or something. it's both funny and sad, the absolute lack of self awareness...

Attached: 1550688486990.jpg (900x1200, 143K)