Emulation thread

I just got one of this bad boys, but the original NDS library is fucking huge. what games do you suggest to play?

also
do you prefer R4 or homebrew your DS? or do you simply emulate on a pc?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-14-11-45-19_1.png (536x477, 305K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SfV5KIoAQ5w
youtube.com/watch?v=q3VI5m-bPRM
1fichier.com/?q4rx07p74sujqlmxk51r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What kind of game are you in the mood to play?

I remember getting like 4 of these for my siblings

TWEWY, Tactics, all those Mystery games, 999.

some good RPG, but I'm in a mood of trying something different and unique

Attached: zelda minish cap.gif (500x333, 438K)

I have one of the ancient R4 cards and hardly any games work on it. Are the newer ones better in that regard

I've loaded about ten games, all of them work great. have you tried a new kernel?

The latest one for my card came out in 2007 lmao

Definitely try TWEWY. It's not only an RPG, but it's different and unique and takes advantage of everything the Nintendo DS had to offer.

If anybody says "don't bother with an r4, just install on your ds" don't listen. Having you unscrew the back to get the SD card is a headache.
I would recommend, personally:
>Castlevanias: Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin - easily the best two games on the system
>Super Mario 64 - if only for the minigames
>New Super Mario Bros - mediocre but fun to be had
>A pokemon game - not a massive fan personally, they all play similar. I unironically like Diamond the most
>Metal Slug 7 - worse metal slug game, still better than most
>Worms Open Warfare - kino
>Wario Ware Touched - last entry before it went soulless
>Elite Beat Agents - kino rhythm game
>Rhythm paradise/heaven - as above

Did you play Platinum? I didn't, but I got super bored of Pearl by the time I got to the E4. Everyone here says Pt is leagues better though.
I think HG/SS, B/W and B/W2 are all good though.

How do you get a DS R4 to work on 3DS? It's been years and I still haven't figured it out.

well I got a DSTwo for DS but its basically the same thing so I use that for DS games and prefer that since DS is unique two screen touch screen device. I am jealous of the graphical and resolution upgrade of the emulators and I even suggests that to people instead of finding a cart most of the time

Yeah, I played Platinum, Silver and Diamond. I'm not really a fan of the series, so my rating is purely based on stuff like the OST, generally how I felt when playing it. Why people prefer Platinum is obvious I think, but again, not a fan.

How do these work actually? you just put a micro sd in them with roms and thats it? I had one of those like 9 years ago I dont remember how I got it to work. I am going to buy myself a 3ds soon and these would be amazing to have.

You can play DS games off 3DS SD card now thanks to DSi exploit.

>pirating thread disguised as an emulation thread

my SD card is pretty much full and I don't want to erase shit. If I could access my DS Flash Card that'd be fantastic. I know there's a way to get it off the console's blacklist, I just don't know how.

erase shit
you only can play one game at a time so put a few on there and switch out once you completed one

>wololo PSP CFW
>CycloDS
>R4 DS
>Wood R4
>PS2 FreeMCBoot
>PS2 Magic Swap & Flip top
Anyone remember those days? Good times. Those were the most fun times in gaming for me

Attached: 0cc.jpg (633x640, 50K)

You download kernel and extract to microsd then slap some roms in the folder. After that you just put it in the cart and then in the ds and load it up. It'll usually be some jap text as the game name but it's fine.

If there was another 3DS game I was interested in playing I would, but I would much rather use the flash card for DS games.

Retro Game Challenge 1 and 2
the first had a legit localization that is actually enjoyable
the second got a fan translation and has some excellent shit
youtube.com/watch?v=SfV5KIoAQ5w
2 has Super Demon Returns, a Mode-7 sprite platformer that I enjoy a lot
also the sequel to Guadia Quest from the first game which I fucking loved

First you have to put a kernel with the right firmware. but don't worry, it's stupidly easy, just follow a tutorial on youtube and in 5 mins you're good to go. then put that and the roms on a micro sd and then it in the R4. easy peasy

Attached: 1526306118200.jpg (1102x1102, 169K)

PLAY Sideswiped
youtube.com/watch?v=q3VI5m-bPRM

Thanks a lot user.

Contact

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (384x256, 40K)

nothimg beats using the actual hardware, so congrats on that
add Rune factory, FFCC and Mystery dungeon to all previous posts
try the SMT games if you couldn't get the remasters too

shit, fellow boomer. I still remember playing with VirtualBoy on a Windows XP during a boring summer afternoon

Attached: 1542816262754.jpg (849x1200, 851K)

9 persons 9 hours 9 doors

I don't know how to describe it but everything was just magical for me in that period, like PS2, GBA, and DS had a shitton of just really really good games.
I only played MH and miku on my PSP though

>Windows XP
God I miss XP. The jump to 7 was awful and the jump to 10 recently was even worse. 10 runs like shit.

Attached: 1517484085947.jpg (700x714, 115K)

honestly it's because those platforms had so many good games that it felt like you were discovering new games all the time. this was also the last time we had "mid budget" games.

yup. XP was vulnerable as fuck and prone to BSODs, but god damn was it fast. it also never bothered you with useless shit like newer windows do.

I use Twilight Menu on my 3DS to play DS vidya, it's free and not all that complicated. A bit buggy, sure, but usually there's some fix and you can play without much hassle. Desmume can't run on a toaster like PPSSPP can, so I was out of luck for smooth emulation until I actually got my 3DS.
I've been replaying the Etrian Odyssey series from the start. I couldn't bring myself to 100% EO1, so I moved on to 2 with just a game clear password instead of a 100% one. Much more enjoyable to just play, too bad the FOEs don't give any experience.

God-tier days. I used to love the NDS flashcard/homebrew scene back around 2009/2010. I still have my original R4, M3i Zero, Acekard 2i, Supercard DSTWO from then. I remember having some of my first proper faps using a homebrew web browser called Bunjallo. The Wii homebrew scene was also great back then

>this was also the last time we had "mid budget" games
Yeah, a lot of people shit on the 3DS all the time but honestly I think without a "mid budget" platform like it companies can't release experimental but modestly budgeted games. Maybe my point is not really clear but I really think the market needs handhelds, or else unique games like TWEWY, or Ghost Trick won't ever be produced.

R4s (both for DS and 3DS) are the best way to play DS games. Homebrew doesn't have all the games and emulation doesn't have the touch controls, so you're ok.

Play these:
- Pokémon Platinum, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black/White 1&2
- Ace Attorney 1-4
- Professor Layton games
- Advance Wars Dual Strike and Days of Ruin (also play the GBA ones first if you can)
- Mario & Luigi Partners in Time and Bowsers Inside Story
- Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (if you can stand the touch controls, they're worth it)
- New Super Mario Bros is nice too, but if you played the newer versions it's not worth it
- Animal Crossing (if you haven't played New Leaf)
- Brain Training is a must even if normiecore
- Elite Beat Agent is basically Osu! with a touch screen

also Ghost Trick too, I forgot

>tfw my ds died
Here are my recs:
Final fantasy echoes of time (crystal chronicles)
FF: the four heroes of light (bravery default prototype)
Mystery dungeon, shiren the wanderer (hard roguelite with interesting mechanics)
SMT: strange journey (also etrian oddyssey, or the dark spire if you want the hardcore wizardry experience)
Jump ultimate stars (weeb smash bros, get the translation patch)
Might and magic clash of heroes (it's a puzzle game, not an rpg; nice sprites)
Disgaea ds (turn based tactical rpg, wacky humor)
Dementium (1 and 2, horror games)
Gta (topdown gta)
Custom robo (some mecha toys arena, focus on parts)
Electroplankton (musical toy)
Korg (music synthetizer for the ds, if you know how to music)

>or homebrew your DS
Wasn't that almost impossible until a few months ago?

>PS2 FreeMCBoot
>PS2 Magic Swap & Flip top
I prefer chips.

Zoomers don't remember Slot-2 cards and PassMe/FlashMe/WifiMe

Attached: pass.jpg (1012x755, 182K)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2
Dragon Quest IX
Trauma Center
Etrian Oddysey

I play using my old TTDS, it just works, but damn the old DS screen is so tiny

I was too autismal about stretched visuals so I never got a Slot 2 card to play GBA games on my DS Lite

Just hack your 3DS. Really simple to do. No flash cart needed.

Warning: don't be like me and install a ton of games because then you're not gonna know which one to play.

Originally you played DS games and homebrew with a Slot 2 card with the help of a passthrough method. Supercard, M3 Perfect and others. R4 was zoomercore, the DS community was already in a decline at that point.

Any of you got an iso for the wii u port of Kamen Rider Battride War 2? Haven't had any luck on finding one.

final fantasy ring of fates

thanks a lot anons, now it's time for some quality games

Attached: 1542522041327.jpg (1235x1754, 2.01M)

1fichier.com/?q4rx07p74sujqlmxk51r

Thanks.

>he fell for the flash-cart scam in 2019
Holy shit, my guy. You fucked up hard.
For everyone in this thread who is considering to buy a 3DS flash cart: Don’t fucking bother, they are obsolete and you can do everything you need with just an SD card

You can run DS games from SD now? I didn't realise they'd done it

Play the fan translation of Irozuki Tingle no Koi no Balloon Trip, it's unironically one of my favorite point&click adventure games of all time

Attached: ting.jpg (551x754, 90K)

Twilight Menu ++

Yes, you could do that for quite a while now.

I unironically bought new 2DS LL from jap amazon few weeks ago to replay NDS castlevanias on dedicated device. Additionally all handheld nintendo games since forever.

Attached: 1567013338207.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

I love my 2DS with R4

Attached: 1183940234.jpg (3264x1836, 1.35M)

Attached: 1828349022030.jpg (2704x1836, 1.31M)

I still have an Acekard 2i and it still works great. My 3DS is hacked but I see no reason to switch over to nds-bootstrap.

slot 2 cards were a load of shit tbqh, switching over to slot 1 was very much welcome