FFVII Remake doubters BTFO

FFVII Remake doubters BTFO

Attached: 1568434665768.webm (1518x872, 2.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

novacrystallis.com/2014/09/with-final-fantasy-xv-i-do-want-to-make-it-more-casual-says-tabata/
youtu.be/qxryETMIesI
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=1tjwcrIv3Co
youtube.com/watch?v=NauR6LXV5ww&t=86s
youtu.be/u5eDBtIFF0o?t=281
youtu.be/ih7s1e55tZI?t=904
youtu.be/KeOGRlBLccI?t=116
youtu.be/9Toj5xFotg0
youtube.com/watch?v=sgtZvn5c4e4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>FFXV's combat system

Attached: dd5d12bc4164a2c709c9e9737d13cd9e.jpg (720x567, 55K)

>action rpg garbage
I sleep

Looks exactly like FFXV

Attached: 1568359987129.webm (700x394, 2.93M)

Delusional.

how to kill hype in 1 easy step:

>episodic RPG

>monster doesn't even react at all to anything going on
>2019

>press button to awesome
FFXV tier combat

It's fine bro remember how great hl2 episode 3 was? Or the awesome noctis and luna dlc?

Eyup, why am I gonna be hype for a game I’ve got to wait 5 years to play bits and pieces of? I’d have rather they just taken their time and released the full game.

was that whole combo a single button press?

Attached: 1540835474621.gif (460x337, 2.51M)

>it's another "press button to awesome" action game

Attached: 1546109633815.gif (384x239, 333K)

NO FUCKER

Where are those classic outfits?

IFRIT

Attached: 1568435641354.webm (750x420, 1.96M)

It just looks like FFXV. I'll pass. I thought the success of Octopath would actually be good for SE.

Still just a Midgar demo

NO NO STOP I DONT WANT IT TO BE GOOD ITS NOT ON MY CONSOLE NOOOOOOOOO

>12 years from now they will release a complete package with additional content and all the dlc included

Anyone buying this shit now is retarded.

is this supposed to be good?

>All these people saying FFXV
just from clouds moves and attacks here can I immediately tell that it won't feel like shit compared to FFXV

Attached: 1555952754791.png (640x467, 473K)

This, the smart person will wait 12 fucking years to finally play it.

this is just ff15

Who cares if it's gonna be 5 hours long.

fucking retard

Does the game just end after you finish it? Can you grind to lv99 before episode 2 comes out?
>Yo Cloud we should leave Midgar, there is nothing more to do
>L-let's wait for a few years... p-please understand....

>mash x to auto combo
>occasionally open menus to do limit moves when you have meter
>guard if you want but it's a jrpg so you can just heal infinitely

It looks completely braindead. I don't even see the point of using magic or materia when mashing did way more damage. It's kh all over again

>game will be 60 dollars just to play through midgar
>another 60 dollars to travel to Nibelheim
>another 60 dollars to travel across the zolom swamp

By the time we get to the city of the ancients, we'll be dropping quadriple digits in cash.

Attached: 1568049551446.jpg (688x792, 26K)

>Summons are a temporary party member
Nice. Wonder if they'll go nuts with KotR whenever they get to it.

>Only midgard

No thanks

>Can you grind to lv99 before episode 2 comes out?
If it's like Trails in the Sky, I wouldn't be too mad. Each is an actual full game and you get to keep your levels and stuff across games. It does suffer a bit from some of the abilities in the second one just being "ability II" instead of actual new stuff, but it's mostly good

At least do research before you try to FUD, you absolute idiotic, troglodytic piece of useless shit.

how embarrassing

Attached: file.png (942x869, 640K)

There’s no way this has even 30 hrs of game play

>Any mainline
Maybe when it's finished.

OH NO NO NO

at least xv requires button inputs

Attached: FF7R autobattle.webm (960x540, 2.73M)

>hold X to blanket the enemy in a cloud of numbers until they stop moving
wow....
bros.........
we're going home..............

Attached: 1483491748253.jpg (474x473, 12K)

>Action JRPG made after KH2 Final Mix

Attached: gettyimages-1027117798-ec8863436320ff05a3ef48b132c4d976b3a5e01c-s800-c85.jpg (800x600, 56K)

the first part is going to be on 2 discs.

So?

Is 11 and 14 not considered mainline?

OH SHIT I'M FUCKING COOMING

Attached: 1568425546376.png (740x659, 662K)

you really think a game that's 5 hours long is going to be split into 2 discs?

Why would they bother shipping multiple disks? The only reason the PSX FF games were on multiple disks was because 60% of the disk space was used for music and cutscenes, which is solved by installing it to your console's hard drive. The alternative is that the game is like 150 gigabytes, in which case it'll just have absurd loading times or massive, empty hallways used to mask background loading.

Attached: 1494452519604.png (202x164, 45K)

Tales of Graces had combat as good as KH2FM
It's kind of an exception to the rule though

Install and Play discs, its somewhat common for fuckhueg games. GTA5 has it and i believe RDR2 does too.

high level cope

and that's exactly why they shouldn't have officially numbered the fucking MMOs. They only did that for pure marketing as an illusion of quality. If any side FF deserved an official number, it would be FF Tactics.

Yeah interesting gameplay, but why is the stick figure there?

Attached: 1566741496380.png (532x440, 385K)

>enemy just dances around all floaty-like
Why do action combat if you aren't going anywhere near the level of Monster Hunter?

I just hope they don’t downgrade the visuals. MHW is pretty much the only game that has tested my 4K tv.

I'm going to buy the definitive edition for PS5, or 6?

NO NO NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING BROS

THE GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE BAD WERE SUPPOSED TO OWN THEM HARDCORE STYLE

NO NO NO NO NO

14 and its expansions could easily be rejiggered into a single player rpg

Please no that game is so trash and I essentially wasted 4 years of my life on it.

FFT isn't mainline, even the MMOs stick closer to FF tradition
FFT is a sequel to Tactics Ogre with a recognizable brand name so it could sell.

Will you fuck off, you absolute virgin? Fuck, go watch some echi anime or something and let people actually discuss gameplay.

It blows my mind that anyone is looking forward to this after the trashfire that was XV

Classic mode: Turns Auto-mode on on all action elements of the combat. Character auto-walks towards the enemies and uses his basic combo string automatically, player controls the commands/abilities/magic/items/Limits etc. Player can take full control (such as moving the character on your own to retreat or to get closer to an enemy) if he wants. Basically Classic mode turns the game into FF12 with some basic gambits turned on and you just wait for your ATB to fill up.

Summons: Summons have various abilities, you can expend ATB bars to use their abilities while the summon is in combat. When the timer runs out summon will use his cinematic attack automatically. Summons are equipped to characters, so not all characters have access to all summons at the same time, you can use the summon you have equipped to each character.

Game has Classic Mode, Easy Mode and Normal Mode.

I'M FUCKING COOMING HHHGGGGGGNNNNNGGGGG

Attached: 1568425848905.png (1044x869, 185K)

>set it to auto
>complain about lack of inputs
Dude...

XV-kun seething with rage in this entire thread lol

Attached: 1497417464105.png (205x246, 29K)

Don't worry, last episode for next next gen

>defending bad combat systems with consolewarrior bullshit.
Good job.

get your eyes checked, or brain.

But its true, FFXV had the problem of having Noctis movement feel like absolute shit. Its like they overanimated everything, which made him feel sluggish to control in and out of combat. FFXV combat relied way too much on having everything react like it was automated. In the Webm everything looks way more snappier in FF7R you can especially see it when you look in the lower left and see the game react accordingly to button presses.

yes
Square Enix is all about pointless flare for the sake of it rather than gameplay they've become what western developers are mocked as trying to make movies instead of games

Nostalgia appeal

S O U L
O
U
L

Can’t wait to kill sephiroth on my PlayStation 7

game is giving me FFXV vibes

>FFXV's combat system
>Hold X to win

People are referring to the combat system, not the animations, you daft sack of shit.

>story is going to be complete nonsense stuffed to the brim with retcons so they can fit more marketable faces and merchandising in
>combat's going to be shallow as fuck, all style and no substance that gets old after two hours
>graphics are going to be downgraded and the game's going to look blurry as shit on any TV
>packed out with unnecessary filler so they can claim a single part that covers 10% of the story of the original is "as long as a mainline game", that way they can sell the game in four parts, each with a $129.99 collector's edition

Attached: 1364159432942.png (389x356, 102K)

Based coomer

Imagine being this much of brainlet.

>a game testing a t.v
>thinking ps4 renders in 4k
Psssst...you're retarded.

Attached: 1549137150070.jpg (686x841, 84K)

>Final Fantasy XV battle system
I sleep

It blows your mind? Really? They are two different games. FFXV was in development limbo since it was FFVersusXIII and was swapped between two directors. FFVII has the source material ready, one director who knows what he's doing, and so far from the gameplay it knows what it wants to be as opposed to FFXV which was pretty much 'let's include a ton of hype shit and market the fuck out of this game'

Based retards.

Imagine entering a Mandarin flute playing imageboard and then so flippantly accusing the denizens that have been calling themselves Yea Forumsirgins therein for fucking years, that they need to have sex and that they're losers for being incels.

This is like entering ISIS headquarters and and accusing them of being terrorists. They already know. And they don't care.

Attached: 1554943862093.png (400x200, 73K)

>game filled with pseudo mmo fetch quest n1000
based squeenix

holy shit, that looks pretty fucking good

Attached: 1565440060432.jpg (569x330, 19K)

>ability does 3480 dmg
>basic attack does 150
>mashing did more damage

Attached: 1546019784499.png (645x729, 74K)

>remake midgar will have as much content as any mainline ff game

well certainly not fucking FF7 ps1, as that has a lot fucking more than midgar.

Attached: jotaro.jpg (480x360, 15K)

even from the visuals you can tell they are played and controlled differently. Go to a clinic first to get a letter for hospital referring.

I got a pro faggot

>Nomura
>knows what he's doing
It's just so tiresome responding to this every single time. Fucking "BELTAN ZIPPER" man, responsible for the dumpster fire that is Kingdom Hearts, was a complete joke for years and years and now there's faggots acting like he's even remotely competent. What the fuck happened.

Attached: 1384681040818.jpg (503x505, 62K)

thanks man, this is all I wanted. I home alone on a friday night, sick, and laugh coughing at my shitposts on here. I'm a loser but I need to take pleasure in the small things or I'll off myself.

No big boobs and boob physics, no buy. Sorry.

>8
>16
>17
>21
>29
>RESIST 21
>RESIST 41
>47
>59
>RESIST 59
>61
>98
WOW! SO powerful!
I really feel strong!

You better be able to play as the summon or else why even bother

Disney probably fucked him over with KH3, that's why he's doing that shibuya shit.

>Game has press to automatically win the movie button
>Dude just don't press it bro ignore a core mechanic you're supposed to use because you're a casual if you use it

Have they seriously only shown Midgar this entire time? The entire fucking game is just going to be the first two hours of the original FF7?

>he is unaware

Wow look at all those numbers. I love numbers

They are going to expand on Midgar.

I can't believe they included a mode just for Barry.

dumpster fire by joke director? kh is the 2nd biggest IP SE owns right now and had the 2nd biggest launch in the company's history.

based retard

>thinking a ps4 pro actually renders in 4k
>still thinks his television is doing any of the work
Psssst.

Attached: ufff.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Kek, you got me.
These guys are still faggots though and should leave their homes and actually talk to women. Hentai and games like Nier Automata distorts their perceptions.

so many based retards in this thread!!!!

Auto battle has been a common feature in RPGs since the 80's.

Bro leave me alone I’m not even talking to you

Nigga FFXV did not look that good. You're blind as hell if you can't even see the difference in gameplay from the webms in these threads alone.

based AND redpilled

IT'S A GAME DIFFICULTY THAT TURNS THE GAME INTO FF12 RETARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>calling someone he doesn't know his bro
>Enjoy your faux k

Why would you play a bad game for 4 years you stupid faggot?

I kept believing it would come back

It's exactly like XV
Even 7r summons function the same as ifrit in episode ardyn

Attached: ifrit sum1.webm (700x394, 2.98M)

this honestly looks terrible

Don't ever speak for me again, okay?

As for you....
>Pssst....you have to go back.

Attached: 1542001700423.gif (240x287, 277K)

no point in doing anything else

that cope at ff7r being auto

Attached: FF7R plays itself.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

Who gives a fuck? Midgar is the only good part anyway.

Literly retarded

XV looked way better you're right

But I love you.

Attached: 1565753748249.jpg (1600x2160, 216K)

BEST GIRL ONCE AGAIN CONFIRMED

the gameplay looks good even with the fugly tifa tbqh

You're own webm contradicts your post what are you doing nigger?

Attached: 1505623396363.png (167x328, 67K)

>60% of the disk space was used for music and cutscenes
Just cutscenes. The music wasn't Red Book audio.

So much xv damage control it's laughable. And expect the usual quote proclaiming DMC/KHfags/neithof/dave(?) or whatever the fuck

Attached: ffxv kun.jpg (1920x1080, 749K)

How do you do it?

The original had them as well, did you hate them then?

What's so horribly evil fartdookie badbad about it?

AHAHHAHAHAHAAHHA

Tales of Final Fantasy VII

>that looks good
I look forward to your buyers remorse threads at launch.

Attached: A62C89B3556446F39680A4836603E33D.png (388x413, 5K)

>oh my god the option to do something exists therefore it is forced into my ass like my dad's cock when he's drunk which is every night

>Set game to auto
>Watch the mindless grind while curled up in blankets
Sounds pretty comfy

This

>Ifrit is summoned and stays around the battle field like in 7r
>you give commands to ifrit like in 7r
are you fucking retarded?

>5 minutes to kill a fucking sweeper
Yeah no, this shit is gonna get BORING fast.

Jesus, they somehow made ifrit look like a kpop queer.

Is there any point to this?

It sold a lot so obviously it's good :)
Definitely not a convoluted mess spread out across 12 spin-offs to milk deviantart retards of all their money. Nomura is a modern-day stradivarius :)

Attached: 1514163218421.jpg (498x411, 50K)

Using commands only wasn’t as tedious
I don’t want to mash x a million times

I know, right, we should eb able to do 9999 damage every auto-attack barely an hour into the game.

Looks like shit only zoomer would play i'm currently playing 7 original and it's pretty much better in everyday but enjoy being in denial fuck sticks at least i'm not a sheep zoomer trash LOL

Fun fact, Summons acted the same way in FFXI and XII, too.

4/10 not enough buzzwords and Yea Forums-worshiped memes stolen from reddit and resetera.

At least it's not casual pandering bullshit, unlike 15:
novacrystallis.com/2014/09/with-final-fantasy-xv-i-do-want-to-make-it-more-casual-says-tabata/

Are you? You're simplifying whats actually happening,its very disingenuous. in fact what you're posting isn't even the MAIN GAME of FFXV its DLC that almost nobody played and has different mechanics.

>Midgar extended to the length of a full game

What? How? Is that where those fucking ghosts come in?

I also love numbers. It makes me feel tingly when they have decimals too.

No need to try very hard as 7 remake it utter gutter trash.

youtu.be/qxryETMIesI
I feel sorry for anyone hyped for this turd.

bruh, just take a coom bath with me.

Attached: fbe.png (629x275, 102K)

they are making Midgar an entire city that you explore.

10 hour ghost arc? Let’s do it.

I feel sorry for anyone who plays video games.

Why is there an option to let the game play itself anyway?

Do you ask that for all the games that have had that feature since the 1980s?

So you don’t have to mash x

>hold down button to let them fight for you
Do you fags really not like DMC and Bayo? Why would you want this over something like those games?

Terrible bait.

Can you have sex with Tifa?

i feel sorry for anyone who doesn't reCOOM

Attached: 1568326642028.png (502x481, 156K)

I think the real problem i see from the combat is that the bosses have turn based/ATB RPG health, but somewhat action combat. The scorpion from the reactor is a long ass fight so it's bound to get pretty bad in later parts.

Eventually when

Yes. I'm genuinely curiously.

do you honestly think that the remake isnt going to be 60% music and cutscenes?

And i rather wait 2-4 more years for something complete by cuck enix standards not that it matters one way or the other this game will flop.

Can't wait for Doomtrain

So it's not gonna be tedious and boring ass turn based combat?

Dragon’s Dogma and TWEWY are pretty based.

>5 minutes to kill a single enemy (not even a Boss)
rip

> illusion of quality

Except 14 is the highest quality since X.

Dragons Dogma is utter and complete shit

here is the problem.

>focus on Midgar

>add new plotlines in Midgar

>you still have to do ALL THE OTHER SHIT (LOTS OF STUFF) from the rest of FF7. and, finish the new plotlines from remake.

this game will never be finished. that's the problem. square enix are NOTORIOUSLY BAD for dev times.

I disagree but you do you.

>At least it's not casual pandering bullshit
Do you really believe that?
Try and say that out loud with a straight face.

Attached: 1449804381810.jpg (165x207, 23K)

So essentially they've learned nothing from the disaster of XV and are still going 100% full blowhard hype. Shame on me for thinking they might learn from an experience that was an utter abortion of a creation, a game that was all style no substance and needed DLC to fill plotholes the size of craters.

Ive come to hate Japans insistence of making every attack have a light show around it, so you cant see a fucking thing if you are playing the game well. I want to actually see the characters and animations, not the particle effects and numbers with flashing health bars and shit. That is the only thing ruining this for me.

Attached: 1567481681811.gif (512x512, 682K)

Ghosts and Joe Dirt, yeah.

You people act as if final fantasy has ever been difficult anyway. Games were always about resource management and map exploration, not difficulty.

I’ve been thinking the same thing. They either go all out over the course of the next 10 years and deliver something amazing or release this reinvisioning and then slap you with a rushed hallway until sephiroth

>finish the new plotlines from remake.
Bruh did you play FFXV? They aren't finishing shit. The main fucking storyline, barring all sidequests and optional content, doesn't even fucking hold itself together without psychotic levels of mental gymnastics

Attached: 1555271782791.png (575x615, 278K)

good thing theyll end up cutting all that other shit then huh

So did you people get tired of the old wojaks and decided to start screaming this new nonsense word every time you post them?

Midgar was MASSIVELY underplayed in the original game despite being the most fucking icon location of the entire game. Exploring it makes sense. Also, the pacing of the game picks up dramatically after Midgar. No location is nearly as detailed as Midgar either. They can fit a fuck ton of the game post midgar into part 2

Even after Midgar, the game goes open world. How are they going to allow that, if a ton of content won't be finished till game 3?

They will have to put you on rails. Or wall off shit like Wutai/City of the Ancients

Why do people get so excited to play the same game just with better graphics?

Which part of that crap was supposed to be impressive?

Attached: [Chibiki]_THE_iDOLM@STER_-_15_[720p][A0382755].mkv_snapshot_09.24_[2012.02.08_01.48.07].jpg (1280x720, 107K)

>2035
>they finally finish all of Disc 1
>2040
>the game becomes vaporware
>no more mention of it ever

The only people getting excited about this are hyper-zoomers looking for "epic old school gamer cred" who only know about Cloud from Kingdom Hearts.

How about you fuck off, remakes shouldn't fuck with what people liked about the series to begin with, and people here are rightfully upset this "Press X once to execute 54 hit combo" game is pissing them off

I mean shit turn based at least their was consequences, this looks fucking stupid as you dance around the monsters feet and he doesn't even give a fuck

Good god zoomers really need 10000000 things to do in battle to keep there attention it's really sad. It's shit though and this is the king of fail! i mean you take a game and 100% butcher and rape the entire game and change to something it's not and the japs talk about honor? what kind of honor is this? your a disgrace cuck enix your a failure and a loser your who entire team and staff. Please commit suicide.

yeah this was pretty good
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=1tjwcrIv3Co

the main downside of this is:

>we know the plot

>we know the game is only Midgar

>we know it will be 2030 till it's finished entirely

Mostly story based rails just like the original. You’ll pop some dialogue after reaching the end of disc 2 explaining to please look forward to disc 3.

You people need to stop comparing the 2 like this when NOBODY who worked on the final version of FFXV is working on VII Remake. Luminous Studios has 0 to do with FFVIIR. Tabata fucking left the company. Nomura's work was scrapped. Nobody responsible for how FFXV turned out has anything to do with this.

Attached: 1568437052992.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

I dont know, I would be pretty damn excited if the Hidden and Dangerous games or Giants: Citizen Kabuto got a remaster though.

SUMMONS FIGHTING ALONGSIDE YOU HAS NEVER BEEN GOOD. STOP DOING IT.

It was shit in FF12.
It was shit in FF13.

Cute martial artist!

Is that a mod for FFXV? Nice.

That was VIII, user. Though, I suppose the remake could add it.

just go away Barry
you are so pathetic

Attached: 1568436301760.jpg (1497x845, 105K)

you would rather just watch a cut-scene? Seriously?

Knows what he's doing huh? This is why the game needs to be split up into multiple parts "Because there's just too much work to do"

Even being handed 95% of the end goal SE is still fucking this up, this game should be a slam dunk, not come be released in parts that make up one fifth of an uncharted game

fuck you for being wrong

>another JRPG where you only control one party member and there is zero tactics
Dropped. JRPG combat systems are shallow and shit, they are only worth anything if you have to control all characters so you get defense timing for strong boss attacks, healing timing, etc to be part of the tactics.

so they have gone beyond FFXV

is it just ff12 gambits? or what?

>Ifrit is just a guy with goat horns in XV

Man what a joke that game is

This is going to be a great game.

NO

This is going to be a BETTER game than FFXV.

>you would rather just watch a cut-scene?
Yes I would, because I actually liked Final Fantasy before you were born.

How about two characters at the same time?

>another JRPG where you only control one party member
this fucking thread

Attached: 1530423831194.png (211x244, 72K)

As somebody who actually played FFXV, it looks better, for fuck sakes I can't believe I'm saying this but even the character designs look better. They're fucking up everything about FF7 remake, from combat, to looks, and even content

>hey bro what if you just hold down a button brainlessly and the screen starts doing flashy sparkly zoomzoom things

Its doesn't take much to be better than FFXV

>we know the plot
I wonder how much they're going to change. Surely they wouldn't touch.. THAT?

fuck off boomer, your time is over

getting serious FFXV vibes

even the turks do a warp-strike move a la Noctis.

This is seriously an issue for me. If I take a break from JRPGs I lose all momentum and investment in the game. I once restarted a Megaman Battle Network game because it had been too long since I last played. I don't want to have to keep doing this for every fucking episode release. I could deal with two episodes but it's going to be more than that.

Why does Square Enix keep pushing FF towards automatic gameplay? That's all they have done for 18 years.

10 was the last good FF game. This is gay.

Attached: poowitch.jpg (475x574, 18K)

That generic 5-hit combo is going to get really fucking old before you're even an hour into the game. I'd rather just have the old ATB system and have a single attack that does 300 damage, as opposed to
>10
>11
>8
>11
>12

I feel like they're going for something else.
There are always those shadow monsters in the trailers, no one has figured them out yet.

>Barry is still losing it

Attached: 1568431527192.jpg (1776x1062, 149K)

With that engine, you could just as easily make it come in as a non-target entity and do a powerful move(or in a case like KOTR throw out a bunch of them one after the other).
It literally doesn't have to be a binary choice between "stay and be a party member" or "pull away to a cutscene". That's some brainlet tier lack of imagination.

Retard is gonna retard

The game is literally playing itself

What the fuck, I can't believe SE has fallen so far

JRPG is dead, sadly.

Turn based and ATB IS automatic gameplay.

Fuck off zoomer your trash hey do me a favor and go die in a war for me how about that?

DQ combat is so satisfying

Shit

Im noticing there is only ever 3 party members in combat at a time, which makes sense for the original but this new combat system looks like it could easily support a full contingent of characters in combat, whats the point of big open arenas when the characters are always fighting in one corner. Couldve had some back line and frontline shit, like the characters in the backline keep their distance and have more support based abilities in this position.

they are also changing a lot of the old stuff, for example:

>Aeris now is a caster with her weapon

>it shoots from far away

>not magic, default attack

when you got her in the original she would just bonk people with it, in melee. and now they are making her a ranged cannon entirely.

We can fix this by talking zoomers and putting them in camps and killing them.

I'm hopeful for the game but there are a couple of things I'm concerned about
>Removed slots from Tifa's limit break
>Weird low res textures popping up
>Game looks like it's following some hybrid FF XV gameplay style which might be brain dead easy
It still has a lot going for it but I'm not expecting it to be a perfect game

10 is garbage.

So can someone tell what's amazing about this combat system? Not because i think it's bad or anything, but because the one's who usually shit on ATB is praising the hell out of this when it seems to be no more complex than before. In fact it looks pretty easy and equally "button mashing"

How can he lift that thing? Seems impractical.

>watch gameplay
>Aerith twirls her staff around and shoots magic at enemies just like in Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition
HA HA HA HA ha ha ha ...... why? ;_;

Attached: DragonAge2.jpg (650x444, 96K)

>N-NO R-RETARD
Holy shit cope my dude

Attached: 1568428877104m.jpg (1024x1017, 83K)

7 played itself too. You could hold the button and have two characters attack while one healed. Could do this to win every boss fight and encounter.

What the fuck is going on here

this might come as a shock but the draft isn't a thing anymore, old man

Even 12 was better than this because at least in 12 you had to set up systems/synergies/attack routines and you still had to babysit because your team could easily get their shit kicked in

This is just, fucking nothing, hell he's got his hands off the controller and the game is not only attacking for him by itself, but blocking/dodging

the problem is in this, you can just hang out in the back with aeris and spam heals, while your teammates auto-win with attack spam.

turn based, you can't do that. tactics matter a lot more.

I wish it would support the entire part in one battle

>As somebody who actually played FFXV
Nigga I played that shit as well, I don't get why so many people are saying it look like FFXV when FF7R very clearly already looks like it controls better, you should seriously go turn on the game right now and try moving around Noctis to see what I mean ,just the movement in FF7R looks better and more controllable at a glance.

Yea Forums nowadays reads like a bunch of obnoxious losers forcing themselves to be negative, the criticisms are just empty buzzwords to feel as if you're somehow less of a loser for disliking something people like without being able to articulate why it's "shit".
Why even do this to yourself.

Stacking shit on Camus and then watching him burst a boss in one turn is actually pretty satisfying, yeah

It will enjoy the sand niggers i hope they cut your low test head off PFFT HAHAHAHA!

Why would anybody buy this right now for PS4 when it will eventually get re-re-released when the next episode comes out for PS5,6,7,15???

>A game directed by Nomura
It's going to be convoluted as shit despite the plot constantly beating you over the head.
The original FF7 had really great pacing and foreshadowing. You don't even know what Sephiroth looks like until Cloud's flashback in Kalm, 6 fucking hours into the game. It's very conservative with its plot until about the halfway point with Aerith's death because you're taking the world in one thing at a time.
The trailers are blasting Sephiroth in your face before he's even relevant to the story, and they still have to find room to cram in Genesis and all of Nomura's other OC Donut Steels. It's going to be a trainwreck.

Grinding/inevitable random encounters where you dont have to follow any strategy. I dont want to level up just to get through some boss easily at all, but sometimes you might have to grind to get some item/weapon, etc. In any case, I can check my phone, go to the bathroom or browse something quickly while the game goes through that minion fight for a million time by itself. Also, some dumb people just might play it for the visuals and whatnot, this means more money for them.

Attached: mphq5d93dhm31.png (1915x1019, 1.27M)

How would you differentiate from the original's combat system such that it doesn't apply?

They've been doing this since FF8. FF8 had multiple systems to let you play the game without having to engage most of it, from the level scaling system to the auto-leveling system. It was designed from the ground up for casuals and normies. FF12 brought this back with the gambit system.

Square has ALWAYS tried everything to broaden the appeal of these FF games because they spend so much money on them. Which is why I wasn't surprised when they used Tabata as a hatchetman to hack FFXV into something a literal retard could pick up and hold a button and play.

>Do a Summon
>Take control of the summon and do big dick moves

This is literally what everyone wants but the keep avoiding it. Have it to where when you summon something, they become a party member that you can SWITCH TO and control, and when you switch back to another character the summon goes on autopilot. None of this gay ass cutscene shit like in FFXV or this FF7R shit which is equally as bad, where they pop in as a guest character, do their thing, then fuck off. You know what, fuck it, just fucking copy paste the Summon system from Kingdom Hearts.

Third person camera and running around pretty much proves it.
The camera is not going to jump between party members every 3 seconds when their turn comes. You only control 1 character, so the combat system is completely worthless.

The game only starts to get really good once you finish the flashback in Kalm and get past the Midgar Zolom

Attached: Midgar Zolom.jpg (800x600, 83K)

Dilate

Zoomers will they will buy the shit out of it. if i'm going to buy trash i want it completed so i can laugh at how bad it is.

those sword animations are really fucking good at least. the weight is surprisingly heavy but fast.

>Can't even afford $50
>Waits for things rather than taking them NOW

What a loser.

You niggas say that literally anytime someone says anything negative about something. No matter how honest and descriptive their criticism may be.

Speaking of which, there was a black feather when Cloud was at the reactor before Guard Scorpion came up. I don't remember Sephiroth having any black feathers in VII until Advent Children, so there's another thing.

Fair enough, though I feel like that's an indication that there needs to be a better way to handle the grind.

Protip ps5 will run all the games you currently own and they’ll be patched up to the hardwares visual standards

>Draft isn't a thing
>Still conscripted to war

Keep deluding yourself, only reason you've not been drafted is because there hasn't been a battle big enough to get states knickers in a twist

I hate this, she used to smash enemies with her staff and other than that she never used magic outside of materia and maybe her limit break

No one loves you cause you're boring and won't be missed.
This isn't honest, it's just "it's shit/soulless" and "OH NONONONO AHAHAH".
Rinse and repeat.

gb2reddit for a hugbox

>the first part of the remake
>has more content than all of ff7

Attached: a8d.jpg (300x222, 8K)

Truth.

>people still saying this is like FFXV
we have a decent amount of combat footage and feedback at this point to know that its better, even if it isnt perfect once its out there.

Yeah, they're going to overplay the Kingdom Hearts "one-winged angel" shit like they've been doing for years and years. I remember when Safer Sephiroth was just a final boss, not literally the icon for the entire game.

explain what is happening at 8:42
youtube.com/watch?v=NauR6LXV5ww&t=86s

I hated it years ago before it was cool. i never wanted nor did i ask for this trash to be made. 7 does NOT need a remake or a remaster in any shape or form. Maybe MAYBE if SquareSoft was going to make it with the original staff and even then it more than likely still been shit but asking cuck enix to make a remake? your asking for a huge pile of zoomer garbage.

This. I won't be able to play it for years. I fucking hate japanese devs. They can ruin anything.

It's gonna be open world like GTA

>Maybe MAYBE if SquareSoft was going to make it with the original staff
I mean, they are, so..

Not my problem it looks like shite. You fags are getting caught in a sunken cost fallacy.

Yes, Midgar alone will have as much content as FFV, VI, or IX. Honestly, who the fuck does SE even think they're fooling when they spout bullshit like this?

Attached: 1240190533747.jpg (400x400, 33K)

>The camera is not going to jump between party members every 3 seconds when their turn comes
It literally does. What is wrong with you?

People will shit on you but I often have the same problem. Hell it's even become a problem with anime to the point they gotta add an episode "zero". I appreciate the gesture but it isn't the same. How about not waiting half a decade to release the next installment?

???
I still see Tifa's censored breast and after ff8 censorship we already know the Squareenix new "direction" I dont care about the shit this company does anymore

>literally just the XIII trilogy but with FF7 and save transfers

I don't see the problem.

>implying it is

Attached: 1560896435869.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

Ugh, fucking fights in World of Warcraft elict more danger

The only thing BTFO is retard OP.

This is just as much of a circle jerk, except one where no actual discussion is ever had.
Have you tried to genuinely talk about games you like in this place?

jump in front of a train

Attached: 1568409947329.jpg (912x336, 128K)

just like ff15 was supposed to get more than a single piece of paid dlc and proper mod/map tool support?

what?
like how? why?
whats even the point of having the commands if you are making the game play itself.

Is this why they call him Red XIII?

The moment I heard CC2 was working on this game any doubt I had was erased.

Attached: terror of death.webm (640x360, 2.48M)

>it will have more content than any mainline game

>it's just ff7, with everything post-midgar removed

lol

also ff6 had a shitload to do

Yes, thats why they are expanding it. Also, if this ends up being good, it means that whats ahead might be even better. Thats when the wait will become a nightmare.

Shall I get into the fact that all their redesigns are fucking awful other than Barret? And he's the only one that looks decent?

They're all shit, it's not just a Tifa thing, it's a "Everyone in charge is retarded" thing

looks like shit

CC2 was fired.

The amount of misinformation in this thread is outstanding.

I have, though. Was able to get some pretty good conversations from this place.

>it's just ff7, with everything post-midgar removed

This how the fuck does that work.

it looks like a shitty beat em up but without the hordes of enemies

is your webm supposed to look good or bad in your opinion

it's episodic.

>CC2 was fired.
But their work remains. It's very obvious.
The gameplay is an updated version of //G.u's.

but why

No original gameplay, no care.

Daily reminder if your a true fan of final fantasy you will not buy 7 remake. If your really a fan you will kill any zoomer you see.

I mean fuck, Cloud wasn't supposed to be cuddly boy toy, his design was intentionally supposed to make him look like a fucking badass psycho in parallel to Seph, only after Nomura developed his Gackt fascination did they change the design of all the male characters to boy toys

See that reactor over there? You can bomb it.

No they're saying its just a remake nothing different than ff7.
but somehow this single episode has more content than all of ff7.

>SE still promotes it as Final Fantasy 7 Remake, implying it's the full game

Normies think it's the whole thing, they don't research and SE is constantly avoiding mentioning that minor huge detail because it MIGHT just affect sales. I hope it blows up in their face and they face lawsuits and shit. Fucking assholes think they're slick.

it like FFXV in the sens that main combat will get boring quickly and every gameplayshows people taking like 3 to 5 minutes to kill single enemies.

I dont know what is the ahrd on of japanese company to try mix comand based comabt toghter with action oriented.
The only one that pulled it off are probably KH2 and god hand the later being more rough. Everybody just make an hybruid that neither makes the startegy thinking or the action skill shine.

why the fuck is ifrit a bishonen in XV

You get direct control of one character at a time, thats right. You can jump between the party members constantly, while giving them commands while you jump to the next one.

*Note: you can't actually bomb that reactor

Aps is cute! Cute!

it's for lazy people who just want the ATB to fill up automatically

Idk Japan has some weird fetish with destroying reactors

okay

I'm pretty sure I saw him do a licking move to the girls....

they are going to add sidequests and stuff to pad it out.

what they fail to remember though is all the other games have a complete story to play through. they don't end on a cliffhanger. (well, XIII-2 sorta does but that's a full game)

So shit

.hack// was released in volumes and they're still excellent games.
As long as Squeenix follows CC2's advice before they were fired, it'll be fine.

This

their work is now tainted.

the fact they've been dodging that statement for years is baffling.

>let's change the combat system because zoomers want it
>changing something to cater to one group of people
Fuck off

FYI this game will have micro transactions and costumes

>It's fine bro remember how great hl2 episode 3 was

any day now.

But the damage control is coming from you Nate

Attached: FF7R-kun.jpg (1920x1080, 944K)

Only because Squeenix is so incompetent the next episode won't be released for another 5 years after the first.

>Changing something to cater to the demographic that is that will be the main purchasers of your game

YOU are a RETARD

>FYI this game will have micro transactions and costumes
HAHAHAHA WOOOOOOOOO AND ZOOMERS WILL EAT IT UP NOPE!

So you are retarded and ignored how i specifically said 7r summon works like ifrit in episode ardyn

You guys do realize the if this game doesn’t reach its sales target it’s doomed right?

Remember when you were a kid playing FF7 and you got to disc 2 and thought to yourself "man, I really wish I got to explore random streets in sector 3 and do fetch quests for npcs"

oh wait, nobody did that.

Attached: 1469403645841.png (312x361, 74K)

Shove your demographics up your ass cunt zoomer. Cuck enix shill!

>posting literally KINO
based

This i never cared nor did i ask for this shitty remake.

UE4 was a mistake

Attached: IMG_20181123_172809.jpg (3840x2130, 812K)

>getting through disc 2
>man I kinda miss midgar
>parachute into midgar later
>run through the underground tunnel for fucking ever
>why the fuck did I ever miss midgar?

Attached: 1234126009682.png (4000x3138, 27K)

>YOU READY BRO? WOOOO LIGHT WEIGHT BABY WOO

Attached: EEZWKBPUEAAN1TT.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

you know what's funny? combat is almost like the FFXV duscae demo

except instead of various weapons, you select individual abilities with a menu (like in KH). but the combat seems VERY similar.

youtu.be/u5eDBtIFF0o?t=281

Imagine actually paying to play a demake of a shitty game. Imagine the kinds of retards who are going to waste their money on an episodic demake of babbies first jrpg but now with combat that makes dynasty warriors look complicated. Can you imagine how fucking retarded they must be?

Yes it is Nathan
Kitase literally said FF7R is one button action during the TGS stream a few hours ago exactly like how Tabata said that about XV in 2014

Attached: FF7R literally do nothing.webm (960x540, 2.42M)

>XV
who cares over this dead shit?

What if SE is just being tongue in cheek and actually remade the entire game and are going to surprise us

youtu.be/ih7s1e55tZI?t=904
Just think about how Nomura's going to fuck this up. This 5 minute sequence, the fucking crowning moment of the entire game, is going to be an hour-long anime battle packed out with QTEs and other bullshit.
>Cloud didn't achieve his dreams and failed to protect his home and his friends
>He was just a regular mook, no more important than the hundreds of rank-and-file soldiers you've mowed over through the course of the game
>It's only because of horrifying experiments and mimicry of a close friend that he has any strength or power at all
>Despite all this, he still pulls himself together

But Nomura already fucked that up back in Crisis Core, so whoever has any expectations at all for this shit is a complete idiot.

Attached: 1375848377545.jpg (840x700, 368K)

test

im saying when I saw all the flurry of blue dmg values it instantly reminded me of XV.

I just puked!

Attached: 2f7.png (740x740, 810K)

Becuase square knows that ff7 fans are really stupid enough to pay $300 for a remake.

What's the point of this fucking remake anyway?
The entire game is easily avalible on PC and PSN already

>Muh graphics
Zoomers are such cancer

REMAKE LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME
DOOMFAGS BTFOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'D

Attached: 1566240631519.gif (554x400, 46K)

>the gamefaqs faggots going at it again

Will Barret say the n-word?

>not waiting another 20+ years for the FF7 remake ultra HD collection with gackt DLC

Attached: 1465521006414.png (2166x1600, 1.48M)

he's a literal fire god because summons on XV are basically greek gods
also he canonically fucks Shiva in XV

Attached: DeiR2mnU8AAE68x.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 387K)

Autobattle is actually good for RPG's and more games should have it as a focus. I'd love an RPG that only focuses on your character creation and building of your team, and just plays out the combat automated, like you're a team manager more than a combo chain button presser.

why is cloud attacking at the same time?

When I first watched this, I thought Cloud was going to come out of the pods, meaning he was a mako monster the entire time.

>That music change when Cloud takes off his helmet
>More and more gradual build-up as Sephiroth literally fucking limps away from having his spine rearranged
>That swell when Cloud goes full man-mode and tosses Sephiroth off the side of the bridge
It's so restrained. It's exactly as paced-out as it needs to be. It's exactly as intense as it needs to be. It's not overplayed or blown up at all. It's literally the antithesis of Nomura's directing style lmao.

Attached: 1485738905859.jpg (191x252, 10K)

This can't be real. Why would they show the gamepad if you literally do nothing? That's not a selling point.

Attached: 1433429206326.jpg (762x574, 30K)

>What's the point of this fucking remake anyway?
No point at all it's just zoomers killing and ruining a series because Muh graphics. Zoomers ruin everything as you said they are pure cancer.

>that one xvfag
cringe

Yes, you can see him pounce on Aerith and start licking her when the player switches from Aerith to Cloud.

Based deus ex guy

>It's literally the antithesis of Nomura's directing style lmao

This post worries me the most out of everything in this thread.

Could Cloud always switch out the buster sword in Midgard? I thought you didn't get a new weapon until Junon.

Attached: 1405823310741.gif (450x245, 2.97M)

it's a hybrid of XV and Kingdom Hearts combat.

which is good or bad depending on your take on those games.

>Zen Wan

What kinda name is that?

so bitter and angry 15 went to shit and killed of these losers gotta try to bring down the GOAT that is ff7 all keks

ep duscae combat is all in final XV, they just added manual switching of weapons and put techniques as directional inputs and put other party member techs as the technique abilities instead

Attached: graviga.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

>it's a hybrid of XV and Kingdom Hearts combat.

Attached: 370.png (500x523, 259K)

You can steal Hardedge from SOLDIER enemies in Shinra HQ on floors 67 and 68.

You can steal a hard ege from certain gaurd mobs in Shinra tower.

the damage control begins

Nomura already made a 20-hour game out of that five-minute segment, so I'd say we know exactly what to expect.

>mfw all the pople playing the demo are just under the ilusion of control
fucking kino

Attached: 1534863160677.png (172x205, 35K)

fuck all this autism, the game looks great

Attached: 1568440926564.jpg (1790x1080, 162K)

Anyone feel like streaming advent children?

it seems a lot of fights have scripted events, ie the scorpion:

instead of

>dont attack when tail is up

it's:

>hide behind these blocks, to avoid damage

not sure i'm a fan but they are going to take liberties in a remake I guess.

then play something good like ogre battle

Yea Forums full of ungrateful fucks as usual

Played it myself some weeks ago and it was surprisingly fun, the fighting is very well made, they pretty much nailed the "how would a ff7 combat actually look like"-feeling, I was unsure about the mid combat character switcheroo but its fluent and fits

Give it a try then build your opinion, if you still dont like it, well then theres still the original

>autobatle
>action hybrid game

you and nomura are stupid.

as a kid, this is unironically what I'd want.

I always wanted to do out of bound shit.

Will this game have split screen coop?
I wanted to buy it and play with my wife's boyfriend.

Yes, I also can't wait for a story with compilation-tier additions in an episodic release that they'll never actually finish

because FF7R is casual

and they revealed casual mode today not in older demos

Attached: FF7R don't even press anything to win.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

Because these games are made for women, children and manchildren who will give up and stop playing at the first sign of challenge or struggle.

you're trying too hard man
get off 4channel for a while

>implying original ff is hard

>posting auto-mode means the whole game and other combat modes are bad too

imagine this autism

Without huge tifa tits it just all seems so meaningless.

my concern is the year will be 2040 before we get to the black materia.

this has to be an edit.

XV-kun still wants to defend XV even though nobody cares anymore.

it just means that the manual and action part of the game is POINTLESS.

All ffs are easy you can coast on all the random encounters you have from plot point to plot point without ever grinding exp

It isn't though. They're called options.

While it's a small change, I'm kinda bothered by the fact that Cloud doesn't hear a voice before the Guard Scorpion fight. It's kind of a hint at his mental instability early on.

Instead, he just sees a hint of Sephiroth, which doesn't make you think he's crazy. It just makes you think Sephiroth is up to some shit.

>THEY'RE POINTLESS CUZ I SAID SO

okay child

>having fun is pointless

Why the fuck do you play games at all then, just go watch someone play it on YouTube, if you see someone else beat the game does that make you playing it useless? You dumb fucking moronic ass smelling troglodyte

>game got announced like 5 years ago
>episode one releases
>5 more years until episode two

Nanaki?

user, I'm pretty sure you can get at least four weapons in Midgar.

No mira is a hack bro why aren’t you reading the thread

You have to dumb down the mechanics as a whole in order to make it possible for a script to just run it for you. Bots are always fucking stupid, but they want to retain the "cinematic" feel so they have to make a system that's equally stupid so the AI doesn't break your immersion.
So yes, I'd say it's pretty concerning.

>All these comment of FFXV
Does anyone here actually have eyes? I swear the only one bringing up FFXV is the one guy who sees FFXV in fucking everything that they destroy EVERY FF thread to talk about it.

>it literally does
>the webm literally proves it
>tons of fat weebs are wheezing and sobbing in denial
Hahaha based, enjoy your 180 dollar game (+$50 DLC)!

At least .hack// released a volume in a matter of months between eachother.
Squeenix isn't capable of doing that.

whta optionss? the is no options while you dont have bar ful.
attack, guard and dodge commands are just waste of time. They being able to auto control that just show how stupid the action aprt of the game is.

Stop giving the guy juice then

You're shitposting too hard. Take a moment to breathe, and maybe go outside.

The game is literally, LITERALLY using the same engine as FFXV, the game even has the same system font as ffxiv for christ’s sake. Fuck you nigger

It’s literly kino

Kimgdom hearts is good shit tho

>lazy asshole mode

I'm sold.

Attached: 1568426808704.jpg (412x393, 28K)

>i have no defense
nice coment annon. now let me know when something fun happens outside waiting or chiping damage when the bar gets ful.

"cumskull" except with an approved wojak edit attached

No, wait, I'm thinking of IX where you can have four new weapons for Zidane by Lindblum.

You definitely can steal a weapon at Shinra HQ, though. I remember I would always do that around the time Jenova killed the President.

Is every boss in this game just going to be a 10 minute pinata fight?

>ffxiv

Fuck, meant ffxv

nice grammar

Ah I see you too will enjoy the definitive edition

did you not watch the demo?
it was just chipping hits and doing thunder 12 times.with a script event at the end.

>those last few floors of the forest of pain with physical immune enemies
>got this far with a purely physical party and stubbornly refused to change it
>end up using charm augments to make them kill each other then do enough 0 damage rengekis to activate an awakening to finish off the last one standing

Wasn't even worth it

Attached: 1560257890373.png (1440x811, 725K)

God that looks like shit!
FFXV was the first final fantasy I refused to play
Ruined character design, making Sephiroth fight like a dweeb and fall down, shitty combat
FUCK!

Attached: 1564003803037.gif (400x221, 344K)

>Vincent is so fucking pathetic that he lost his girl to THIS despite being a super spy assassin secret agent

Attached: 1226934938435.jpg (350x218, 69K)

>muh boogeyman

Sephiroth shouldn't even appear in episode 1, if it's all in Midgar. Finding President Shinra dead in his office was a big shocker, and that's what prompted the interest in Sephiroth to begin with. You don't even see what he looks like until the first flashback in Kalm.
It just reeks of awful pacing. Nomura has absolutely no idea at all about what made the original FF7 good. You can poke holes in it all day, it's not perfect, but there are very important sticking points that remain in everyone's mind and the well thought-out pacing and foreshadowing are the most distinct elements of the original game.

But this isn't something they're making to tell a story. The original FF7 was written because Kitase had just gone through the loss of a family member and he wanted to tell a story about what it's like to carry on when someone close to you passes away. The remake is being written to sell DLC and Sephiroth Funkopops.

This, why would I willingly buy an unfinished game?

I never figured out the code for the safe so I beat the game without Vincent

It's legit

this

I have to wonder how Vincent managed to be so popular when he's literally a guy who got cockblocked by an older, evil man who literally said "Hey, how about we have a baby so I can inject it with alien DNA?" and then crawled into a coffin to LARP as a vampire to cope with the fact.

Not to mention Lucrecia killing his father and shoving a huge rock into him.

>>those last few floors of the forest of pain with physical immune enemies
You didn't just run from every fight from floor 51+ by equipping the shoes that make you invisible to enemies?
Also stock up on 50 of every attack spell scroll, it'll save you some heck.

so now you don't need to hold to attack in xv since you have the option to tap and deal more damage with manual finishers?

Not all action games are garbage. But all turn based games that aren't strategy or card games are. FFVIIR is going to be garbage. It's going to be an all flash no substance game just like XV. They clearly don't know how to do engaging action or intuitive mechanics. They don't even know how many parts it'll be despite having the fucking blueprint (the original game) and they've kept on stating that "each part will be as long as a full game" and judging from XV, they're probably filling the game to the brim with garbage sidequest. And since they're incorporating it into the story they might even be mandatory this time. Knowing all this, why would you still buy this load of crap?

Attached: 1567333049276.gif (192x224, 53K)

So, still covered up? No original outfit?

>Vincent remained locked in a basement while the rest of the party visited the resting place of the girl who left him and then beat the shit out of his wife's son after

Attached: 1448499654160.jpg (300x460, 28K)

It was nice if them to add an auto-battle mode for fans of XV.

>The original FF7 was written because Kitase had just gone through the loss of a family member and he wanted to tell a story about what it's like to carry on when someone close to you passes away.
>The remake is being written to sell DLC and Sephiroth Funkopops.
It's literally a "soul vs. soulless" ordeal

Attached: 1412561700471.gif (510x662, 232K)

Why was Vincent a vampire again?

Everyone is comparing it to XV you retard

Who gives a fuck about twelve-year-old spammers that keep assigning themselves "-kun" identities, you should all be excited for
CID
FUCKING
HIGHWIND
MACHINIST/DRAGOON OF ALL YEARS EVERY YEAR

Attached: 1559511339237.gif (200x200, 20K)

>Everyone

Just you, Barry.

youtu.be/KeOGRlBLccI?t=116

Why did they adopt the FF13 system again?
It's not fun dealing meaningless damages to enemy until they BREAK, and you start doing critical damages every hit.

>excited for Cid
Why? It's going to take 10 fucking years for them to release the part he's in, if they ever do.

it looks kino and is kino
youtu.be/9Toj5xFotg0

First part took fucking forever because it's the platform game and the next two will use episode 1 as a base, there is no logical reason the episode that Cid is playable in will take a decade.

He wasn't. But he dressed like one because, uh...

I don't know, man. Maybe Hojo injected him with concentrated Hot Topic.

Well, maybe SE caught wise to the way the original went to shit after you leave Midgar and decided to flesh out the one part of the game that mattered. It's a complete remake after all, they won't get a better chance to fix everything that went wrong the first time.

I could have, but I wanted to get those bonus objective items on the off chance they were unique and still had like a bar and a half left on the ryu book section for battles

Ended up reaching rank 9 on everything once I was finally done with the place

>he has no eyes

Truly Hojo's most terrifying invention

>The remake is being written to sell DLC and Sephiroth Funkopops.
It's funny because it's true.

Attached: 1527393321266.jpg (897x869, 95K)

This, and it's why I won't be buying it.

>Everyone has just accepted the shrunken titties with no alternative for the original design
Piece by piece, bit by bit, we cover up Jusssst an inch more and more and more.....

>he has no defense

it's a playstation game

>there is no logical reason
Nomura isn't a logical director.
Expect the game to be thrown out multiple times before it actually goes into production in 2024, to be rushed out in two years because that's the deadline he got from execs before funding starts getting cuts.

Attached: 1422054636878.gif (357x469, 467K)

>he is a retard

Attached: the image that destroyed Barry.png (1798x958, 221K)

Same here, and I've played literally FF before 15.
It's pretty clear that only non ff-fans care about this shit game.

I think Midgar has more than a few good points, but I agree, Mythril Cave and beyond is great.

>Expect the game to be thrown out multiple times
Why? "Because"?

Attached: 1552819973222.jpg (304x312, 39K)

This makes me so sad :(

Automata too. Or at the very least it came close, just didn't need that dumb level system.

Because it happened with both FFXV and KH3 you blithering dumbfuck

Because that's been the case with the FF7 remake project for something like a decade before we finally got this shiny episodic mess?

Wow! You pushed a button!

Sooooo, every game ever?

yes retard. a summon is supposed to be just a powerful magic attack. every single other way summons have tried to be used has been complete dogshit and it's almost never been worth even bothering using them at all. ffx was the only one that wasn't complete shit, and it was still worse than earlier ffs in how useful summons were

anyway, game still looks too retardedly easy. look at those hp values for such an early point in the game, damage you take doesn't matter at all, you just ignore everything and fucking mash. unless there's some kind of hard mode that changes things up drastically, it's just looking to be a very pretty let down so far.

So unless the other episodes magically throw out the base they're going to be built off of we're fine, then? Again the intent was for episode 1 to serve as a foundation and it's finally around in a playable state after several delays and general faffing around. There is no real reason for the next one to take an unreasonable amount of time beyond praying for a TORtanic.

>yes retard. a summon is supposed to be just a powerful magic attack.
Shut the fuck up. Summons are best in FF12 and FF10 where they are NOT just an overly fancy single attack. That's boring.
Being able to control and fight with them is 100x more fun.

Why did the animation die so hard at 1:52?

Attached: 1565733523625.gif (640x512, 60K)

It's called dangling a shining object in front of a cat.
This is the Star Wars prequel effect, which absolute turds like The Hobbit followed, it's a circlejerk that assumes everybody knows about the original so why be subtle? And yes, the prequels were created only to sell products too.

Attached: tomb raider.webm (720x404, 2.68M)

staggering was in the original game. im more worried about the obvious telgraphed and attacks, and action combat beeing the same shit 3-5 hits.

Literally the exact same circumstances that led to Versus XIII becoming vaporware
>PS5 comes out
>Need a new engine to show off the "new tech"
>Story gets rewritten because Nomura had an idea and never keeps restraining voices on his team
>Gets sidetracked by other projects because he takes himself way too seriously and can't delegate

Attached: 1484710697627.jpg (482x482, 84K)

The game isn’t out yet you mongoloid and it probably has difficulty settings

Why are you trying so hard to autistically hate this game. I don’t like it either but damn dude

her original massive leap and bonk sound was satisfying as fuck.

>ignore everything and mash
Yeah it's pretty silly. It's basically the same strategy as the turn-based original, except the fights just drag on a hell of a lot longer now. Fucking great.

>Taking demo events and E3 numbers as what it will be like on march 3rd
Are you a fucking retard? Bullshoting numbers in JRPGs has been a thing for fucking years.
Damage number tuning will be one of the last things they work on.

Going whole-hog on her being a White Mage, I'd imagine. With how materia work she'd be retard boring and insanely weak compared to the others to boot if she didn't use magic as a basic attack.

this will be my first ff :)

Pretty much. They could do more with it too since they don't have to worry about latency, and it should be easy to offer optional co-op. The potential is there but I'm sure that Square will never try it.

With a small titty tifa, how sad.

This. The best part of FF7 was when you reached the world map and could suddenly start exploring.

>Story gets rewritten because Nomura had an idea and never keeps restraining voices on his team
Goofy shit like the squatting minigame and Don Corneo in general being kept suggests against that, so far. Rewriting blank-faced SOLDIERs from the original into being main character rejects in looks is a good thing, though.

> LOL AUTO BATTLE IT PLAYS ITSELF
> meanwhile cloud is sitting there doing absolutely fucking nothing

enjoy your 30 minute random battles

Stuff from the original had to be reworked because it wouldn’t fit in a full fledge 3D rendition of ff7

Except when you saw that it did 20 damage.

They're legitimately retarded because Yuna from FFX was also a staff user and she, unironically, had the strongest fucking melee attack and the highest accuracy of the whole party.
Want to melee Penance? Use Yuna.

>LITERALLY using the same engine as FFXV,
Thats actually wrong, FFXV was using that shitty Luminous engine and this is Unreal 4. Looks like you're the nigger here

>and it probably has difficulty settings
we literally just saw the difficulty settings, they were "classic" "easy" and "normal"
all the demos shown so far have been on normal as its the default until they changed tonight to show classic. it looks too easy, fuck off. i'm an enormous fan of ff7, i'm not "trying" to hate the game, but i'm not retarded enough to close my eyes and defend things that look like complete horseshit design lad

BUT WE GET TO STAGGER EVERYTHING 3 TIMES NOW TOO WOW SO COOL
the entire combat system looks like a lot of busywork and flash for less substance and depth than the original had currently.

the sound effect made it plenty worth it by itself

>There is no real reason for the next one to take an unreasonable amount of time
Again, you're making the dangerous assumption that Nomura is a reasonable person.
He retconned the entire backstory of FF7 so he could put in an OC donut steel based on a male popstar.
He put Final Fantasy characters into a Disney game because "fuck it, i do what i want"
There's no one at Square left to restrain or keep him on track. The fact that he has a job at all is the fault of the lunatics that continued to buy Kingdom Hearts spinoffs.

how much of the sphere grid did you have to trawl through to get to that point

She did pretty respectable damage if you stole a striking staff in the graveyard

>There is no real reason for the next one to take an unreasonable amount of time
You really are a fool

I actually don't understand the praise when it looks about as "button mashy" and simple as the original combat . Just more flashy.

wanna bet stuff like big guard and aqualung are not in the final game?

I hope they don't fuck this up.

I agree with you but you're still a faggot.

Attached: 1566983841644.png (108x149, 17K)

You're gunna make it, bruh.

There is nothing I've seen that suggests Nomura is doing anything of the sort and you have absolutely nothing beyond your own say-so to suggest that the next episode's development will stall indefinitely.

Attached: 1562391932784.gif (210x230, 11K)

There isn't a chance in hell that they're keeping the E.Skill materia in.

E. Skill is getting cut entirely no doubt, along with everything people actually remembered the Wall Market section for

Once you replace the whole sphere grid for every character with the directly equivalent upgraded spheres.
If you do that, turns out Tifa is a giant killer.

>Summons are best in FF12 and FF10 where they are NOT just an overly fancy single attack
Summons are literally worthless in ff12, they waste time to be significantly worse than your party members are themselves. Nobody uses them, beyond like 2 specific points in a dumb speedrun.
Likewise, people stop using aeons in 10 because they are significantly worse than your party members and just eat up time. Meanwhile, in ffs 1 to 7 people used summons regularly throughout the entire game.
You are one legitimately retarded motherfucker.

So are we just okay with small titty tifa?

Bro this game was in production way before its reveal and the hardest part which is the assets have already been mass produced. Unreal engine makes it incredibly easy to develop large games through its vast range of support and tools.

it's the Yea Forums shitpost singularity. unable to feel any happiness from normal posts, they are (ironically) only able to feel joy by posting these shitty cum wojaks

Her breast size has never been consistent and they're still pretty goddamned big for her body-proportions under that thing. If you want them hentai huge they're gonna have to be bolted onto her model in some way or else physics will make her tits flop into her face and against her belly with exaggerated combat movements.

>Tifa
I meant Yuna.

Once again, you are a fool. This is SE we are talking about here

I think everyone's forgetting that auto-mode is not a set it and forget it style of play, it's for turning FF7 Remake into a menu-based RPG since spells and abilities are where your damage comes from. the auto mode just builds ATB gauge for you so you can sit and wait until you cast your next spell, hence it being called "Classic Mode"

"It will because it's obvious"

>Bro this game was in production way before its reveal
Yeah it was outsourced to a chinese game farm when they originally announced it 5 years ago and they had to throw out the entire thing because it was apparently an even bigger trash heap than what we're seeing now lmao
But don't worry, it's definitely at the top of their list now! Quality control is their #1 priority!

Attached: 1452647133851.png (284x352, 125K)

This but unironically.

SEs biggest drawback was the software they’d use to create games and it seems they’ve learned to let go of pride

But why does HER outfit get changed when everyone else seems consistent with the classic. Why did they seemingly make her more asian and smaller?

>talking about ease-of-development/workflow
>lmao quality-control!
Good fucking God read posts before you reply to them.

>Auto dodges attacks for you

It’s shit, chief

>Death Boring gets a fucking full hour and ANOTHER half hour the next day
>7R only gets 40 minutes for one day

what the fuck guys

Because Tifa's the problem element in that her outfit genuinely makes no goddamned sense when brought outside of her original art-style (ie promotional-art character sketches or her appearance in-game), whereas nobody else has her chesticle issue. When physics start getting involved Tifa's design goes south.

Tifa is literally more true to her original design than Aerith is. The difference is just that Aerith’s changes were great and Tifa’s were shit.

Doesn’t exactly take a corporation 5 years to realize commissioned work is garbage. The probably started work on UE4 remake 3 years ago.

Yeah let's ignore the part where Square's development schedule is so strict and focused that they literally outsourced the biggest project they'll ever work on to a fucking third-party dev in Chinkland.

>a skirt and t shirt make no sense
ok

That doesn't change that it was a complete non-sequitur.

>makes no goddamned sense
It's a video game, fuck off.

Sony threw money at his company.

Ok can we moved past it and focus on the present?

Bruh, no, find a shirt in real life that behaves like this without having cavities sewn in for the boobs to fill and achieve the look.

Attached: 1539266166314.png (632x896, 325K)

They haven't made one single AAAA game in the past 15 years that wasn't redone from scratch at least once and didn't take 10-15 years.
FFXIII? Started development as a PS2 game in 2004, took over 5 year.
KH3? 15 years
>DIDN'T TAKE THEM THAT LONG
Took them ten years and a change of engine, period
>FFXIV
youtube.com/watch?v=sgtZvn5c4e4
Check Shadowshitter comments, and then there's the biggest turd of them all, FFXV, which was a spin off that was reworked into a terrible mainline entry after they failed to do both, and it took well over 10 years to give us a terrible game for the price of two.

>If you don't play games SUPER EFFICIENTLY then you're NOT HAVING FUN CORRECTLY.
Ok aspie.

Attached: neko freakout.gif (300x300, 622K)

"It will because it's obvious"

>No argument

I accept your concession.

He's right and you're not.

Can you imagine how bad this concept would look in 3D
Advent children tifa was peak

The novelty of summoning a huge beast and taking full control of it outweighs any desire to speedrun a fucking RPG of all things.
Quit shitting yourself in anger because you're getting gameplay instead of a cutscene you little faggot.

Unlike you seemingly, I want games to be difficult as they can be and pose a challenge. In any challenging situation, using a suboptimal strategy should result in failure. Not just slightly suboptimal which should be fine but make things even harder, but vastly suboptimal, which summons are. They reduce your choices and range of abilities to react with by 3x - because summon abilities are consistently dogshit themselves, they reduce your damage output by like 2.7x because summon damage is worthless outside of their single use attack. All they are good for is summoning to take huge damage attacks so your party instantly come back.

If Episode 1 gets released just fine then there is absolutely nothing to suggest it can't be used as a platform. That's it, that's the leg-work done, their foundation is complete. For what you're saying will happen, they'd need to start all the fuck over for episodes 2 and 3, which makes absolutely no sense at all. A large amount of assets (incl. character and weapon models, environments, particle and other special effects for materia, attacks and enemy abilities, etc) are done and can be reused throughout the series, they do not have to create the basic gameplay engine or core gameplay-loop beyond tweaks and fixes. And so on, and so on; episode 1 is a base for the other games.

I think you're stupid and reaching, or have a vested interest in future episodes' failure.

Attached: 1549778651267.png (500x500, 75K)

>Advent Children Being the peak of anything ever

Unironically hang yourself. Dissidia has the most kino Tifa

Attached: 29BB792E-4F7B-4B96-81D5-970A0D56BC3C.png (600x1060, 258K)

>i just want it to LOOK COOL okay, i don't want it to actually pose any kind of challenge as a game
okay retard

Looks like she’s retarded

What good is novelty if it’s useless? Stop shitting yourself, you’re starting to smell.

It was a demonstration of Classic Mode's auto battle mechanics. You still need to select items to use and spells to use and heal yourself, because the characters don't do those things. Do you see the ATB gauge? That's what's going on. They fight it out in a little movie while the ATB gauge fills and when it does you can use an ability.

Have you ever actually worn a T-shirt for a long time?

I hate when fags objectify tifa

Not that guy, but asset re-use is vastly less than you present it as being here. Enemy abilities are relatively unique, enemies only appear in set areas, many are never seen again after a point, weapon models are literally never used again once the character isn't using that weapon anymore, enemies do not use them, environments are more often than not radically different and won't have much room for re-using previous area assets, especially when they have to stick to recreating ff7s areas relatively faithfully.

Do you put on a long shirt and then tuck it up and under your man-titties to keep them lifted? That's the only way I can think of to get a shirt looking like Tifa's and even then it's still not going to fit a woman the same way it will Tifa.

Cant wait for episode 2 to be announced in like 3 years and you get absolute BTFO

I can't wait for you to forget you ever posted this in about five minutes.

Damn bro that’s too meta

says the no eyes having person

Attached: IMG_20180816_153023.jpg (1280x720, 192K)