Game has a decent story

>Game has a decent story
>It's completely overlooked by its fans

Attached: 1548557924051.png (1074x784, 253K)

>game has no story
>fans think it has the deepest story ever told because dude muh item descriptions

Attached: max_concept_art.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

What game are you talking about?

That player is cute.
I want to pet his head.

>waifushit game has story
>it’s alright but nothing special
>weebs parade the game as the pinnacle of storytelling because their sub 100 IQ mind hasn’t been exposed to any other media besides anime

>game has no story
>it doesn't need one because gameplay is good

Attached: It_is_a_mystery.png (800x450, 3K)

>gook jpg slot machines
>ever having a decent story

Attached: 1563762223286.png (345x422, 226K)

Dark Souls 2

Attached: you.png (1000x450, 155K)

>Story and lore are the same thing

Attached: 1566896493951.gif (300x242, 1.13M)

>story is just another carbon copy of Kancolle/strike witches/whatever military moe game
>good

Have you tried it?

>People enjoy for their own reasons
How dare they.

Stupid people need to be killed. I decide who is stupid. Based.

yeah I don't understand how anyone could miss the "war is bad" message of gundam unless they just flat out don't watch it at all

>Am I a poor storyteller?
>No, it's the audience who all suck at interpreting.

> Game has shit story
> Waifus are in it
> Some pseudointellectual fuccstick says the story is decent just to pretend to be above it's average fanbase

ftfy

best emote in all of the soulsborne genre and probably the entirety of gaming as well

God I fucking hate pseuds
YOU'RE WATCHING A SHITTY SEASONAL WAIFU ANIME NOT READING PLATO
RETARD

Yeah for a few hours, didn't click with me.

Been playing FGO since NA went up and I'll still absolutely admit I'm a dumb trash baby playing fucking trash.

Attached: 1561967895723.png (329x316, 107K)

Kill yourself Vaati

>game has a hamfisted moral that nobody who isn't a fucking gay nerd cares about
>autists like OP bitch that people are "overlooking the story"

What is a moral?

fucking kill yourself already you pathetic coombrain gachaturd
no, your game's story is not "deep", I doubt it even has a story at all, you're probably pulling shit out of your ass. it only exists to make money from thirsty incels like you, nothing else.

At least the trash has some entertaining writing every now and then

Attached: 29089434_560056797709023_5057734211956375552_n.jpg (480x480, 38K)

Nier Automata except it’s every fan.

>xenoblade 2 is just waifu trope garbage
this opinion pisses me off

Have you tried it?

God I fucking hate Yea Forums.
YOU AREN'T AN INTELLECTUAL JUST BECAUSE YOU DENOUNCE EVERY SINGLE POPULAR THING RETARD

>a lesson, especially one concerning what is right or prudent, that can be derived from a story, a piece of information, or an experience.
"the moral of this story was that one must see the beauty in what one has"

no and I don't need to, just like I don't need to try eating shit to know that it probably doesn't taste good
play one gachashit you've played them all

Nah man edgy dramafag story is good because it makes me "FEEL SUMTHIN'"
Lorefags really are the worst.

I'm too cynical and can't look past to fact everything around gacha serves solely as an engine to entice me to to gamble money on anime girl jpgs.

I still enjoy it on some level but I'd never speak highly of gacha at all. I feel hypocritical despising the current state of the game industry while not also lumping in gook gamble phone games into the same basket of shit that got us where we are.

Attached: 1563660678867.gif (220x223, 666K)

You've played one gachashit?
Do your parents know you're gay?

Underrated.

Attached: 1566529141174.jpg (1024x795, 99K)

Yea Forums, why are you even here when you don't like video games in the first place? Why should I - or anyone for that matter - take your opinions on games seriously? You people hold nothing but contempt and embarrassment towards games, so why would you know what makes a game good? Why would you know what makes a video game story good?

You people are so full of shit it's not even fucking funny.

Attached: 1554537997512.gif (260x260, 1.66M)

Someone post the fallout one.

I love games with a good story, does that count?

>game has obvious anti-capitalist themes
>it gets completely overlooked

Attached: 1567966422546.jpg (1400x718, 182K)

I may not know what makes a game good but I certainly do know what makes a game bad
Just avoid everything bad and surely the end result will be good

I like video games
Gachashit are not video games, they are waifu slot machines

How so?

>Yea Forums, why are you even here when you don't like video games in the first place?
Because you're a newfag who genuinely believes in the "Yea Forums hates/doesn't play games!" meme
A lot of people here play games besides who cares if you took our opinions on games seriously?
You're not special.
You're not important.
Close this thread and go play video games.

Attached: 1548267443601.png (640x480, 176K)

>Yea Forums shits on lootboxes
>but defends gachashit
??????????????????????

Dude same.

If you're retarded enough to ask this question, you're beyond saving and nothing I say will bring you back

But what if it's actually good?

>I am the arbiter of objectivity
>I will throw a shitfit whenever things don't go my way
>I will act like a condescending faggot to every single person who finds value in the things I personally don't enjoy
>If something resonates with you emotionally then you are weak
>Emotions are a sign of weakness
>I am strong
>You are weak
>I am strong
>You are weak
>Don't tell me otherwise

No, this isn't a meme at this point. Yea Forums genuinely holds contempt for video games. Fuck off with this "we aren't a hivemind" shit, because you literally are. Don't pretend that a culture of cynicism and deliberate degradation isn't forming here, you absolute fucking leech.

Attached: 1556954717395.jpg (727x654, 81K)

gachashit always gives waifus, lootboxes usually don't
of course Yea Forums aka "coomers: the board" is okay with the one that has waifus

>Game supposedly has a decent story
>It's just generic "humans are the real monsters" bullshit with some random stuff from the bible thrown in

The bigger question is why there's this much autism put into a fucking gacha.
There's just no market for this sort of thing. Not when the audience desires only resource hoarding and waifus.

>No, this isn't a meme at this point
You're beyond stupid. Not even going to bother the rest.
Enjoy being stupid while I go play my video games now and you keep browsing this board.

Ever stop to wonder how they basically ripped off nier automata and got away with it because waifus

>WAAAAAAAH WHY ARENT YOU PEOPLE VALIDATING MY GAMBLING ADDICTION
fuck off back to /vg/ you piece of shit
is it not enough that 90% of /vg/ is gachashit? do you need to flood this board with your generic waifu slot machine #423 spam as well?

Didn't it come out before Nier Automata?

but hey, thanks to capitalism we have cool things like gundam

Attached: Gelgoog peace.webm (960x720, 1.24M)

I'm not talking about Gacha, you fucking retard. I'm talking about how fart-huffy you people get when it comes to discussing stories in video games. You people genuinely pretend that you're from Yea Forums just so you can discredit games and make them seem like a lower form of art, mostly because you're all insecure as fuck.

Attached: 1553158661557.jpg (720x811, 51K)

Nier Automata also ripped off other things and got away with it because waifus.

teh bote grils r cute

Nier didn't rip off anything.

lore =/= story

>game has halfassed story
>fanbase reads into it as some master social commentary

Cool Gun Waifu.
Prprprpr

Attached: 1565437643514.png (542x507, 243K)

It's literally just Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? but in a shallow video game form.

Because video games ARE the lowest form of entertainment. They really can't even be considered an art form since they're so corporate and soulless. Video games are products. They're toys. Get over it.

It's easy to say that without making any points.

Attached: 1545244566459.jpg (1024x576, 45K)

Please tell me this is ironic, no one can be this retarded

i think the point of the original image is that a lot of people don't actually watch it

Girls Frontline actually tries to have a decent storyline, though.

Whoever made the comic in the OP should realize that it's either super awkward sounding or just stupid because it can be taken two ways, which are both wrong:

>game is about 1. self-destructive nature of humans, 2. our unchecked greed will destroy our own way (of) life and 3. our reliance on technology will devolve...

>game is about the self-destructive nature of humans (superset); 1. (subset) our unchecked greed will destroy our own way of life and 2. reliance on technology will devolve what makes us human...

Option 1 is stupid because self-destructive nature and greed leading to self-destruction are redundant.

Option 2 is stupid because reliance on technology is not really self-destructive, so wouldn't really fall under the superset of man's self-destructive nature.

It makes me think the game has only the thinnest thematic throughline but waifu shitters tease it out and stretch it as far as it can go because dumb anime waifu fanservice framing makes them embarrassed to consume the media.

I haven't played the game. Or seen the show or whatever it is.

Attached: 1557278837807.jpg (497x500, 59K)

>Game has a decent story
>"""Game"""
>"decent story"
>""""""story""""""

Attached: 1547158803697.jpg (1600x1600, 328K)

> reliance on technology is not really self-destructive
what is social media

Maybe but still
>Write a story about denouncing the over reliance on technology
>In a genre that is basically working like a dopamine feedback look in order to make people addicted

Of course the original intend is that they wanted to make big bucks and waifus are what is selling to nerds. It's nice if the story is good but it's not the main point and if it is, it's super hypocrital

doesn't the hypocrisy kind of validate its message more though

I have a hard time getting into a gacha that has nothing I care about in it. I like anime tiddies, but it isn't enough and I don't know anything about boats or guns to keep me interested. Just started playing Fist of the North Star REVIVE and that's great because it has classic familiar characters.

Attached: non_kv[1].jpg (980x659, 315K)

What's wrong with it?

It's impossible for video games to have a good story. They're children's toys.

would you REALLY take Cockroach-chan incel tier speech seriously? reminder that Renko could actually be descendant of her siblings, and Sumireko died as a crazy catlady

Attached: 1550712921192.jpg (942x1200, 1.8M)

What are you doing on this board then you manchild?

Yes. But that makes it an inferior product that you shouldn't defend with shitty comics... That's like a corporation selling you garbage but *telling* you it's selling you junk, hence making it "O-K" to consume.
More and more companies are doing that nowadays. You can also see it in western movies. It's the cheapest way to "appear" deep while ruining the lives of those you're trying to "warn"
Basically, themes in fiction serve no other purpose but to show off and flew on social media because your gacha game that is milking your paycheck is DEEP.

well, what is it got removed for being too gud

This is bait.

>gacha game
>story about unchecked greed
That's some profound irony right there.

Talking about video games? You realize that you can enjoy video games as a leisurely pastime without being obsessed with them, right?

Far from it actually. All video game stories are derivative of some other successful work of literature or film. Gamers unironically consider Kojima as a competent storyteller...fucking Kojima.

I agree with you.
Though, there are good video games stories that can only be told through vidya.
Earthbound.

Kojima is a good writer when kept in check.

Social media is not inherently self-destructive as easily accessible self-publication and free trade of information is potentially a very good thing. It's not even destructive; it just engenders stagnation in people as they surround themselves with like-minded opinions and trade vapid information for quick laughs. Coddled stagnation isn't really destructive, especially when placed directly next to some sort of implication that greed (as relating to war, I guess? Since "Girls' Frontline" sounds like some kind of war story) is leading mankind into overtly destructive conflicts.

Rapid escalation of technology in weapons could be seen as self-destructive, but it's not presented that way since it's pointing at the fact that robots will be more human that humans.

Okay? That doesn't mean Earthbound is profound or anything. Just because you can tell a story that's unique to video games doesn't mean that story is good.
Most of the competent writing in Metal Gear wasn't even Kojima's doing.

Someone post the Warhammer 40k version.

Dragon quest V too.
It's a good story.
I didn't talk about it being profound. Just a good story

people are being told to not come to Yea Forums if they don't like gachashit now

don't you mean smash?

All good gacha games mock their retarded playerbase

Attached: 071340fd6409c29ba5098c3e898accf51546288485_full.png (400x400, 201K)

Why yes, how could you tell

Attached: Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Art-Pablo-Uchida.jpg (2400x3000, 2.66M)

As they should.
Gacha players are literal paypigs and cucks. The only good way to play them is to fap to the doujins

>all good games are derivative of film
>all good film is derivative of literature
>all good literature is derivative of oral storytelling

>all good film is derivative of literature

Now that's just objectively wrong.

>game revels in the infighting between rival philosophies within the antagonists you're fighting
>antagonist ideologies are actually rationalized and oftentimes make more sense than that of the protagonist
>symbolism and foreshadowing are rampant yet subtle on the first playthough
>more jokes than most actually land
"GUYS IT HAS A LOT OF BOSSES"
for fucks sake konjak we get that you like order of ecclesia but you of all people should know what your game does well

Attached: Iconoclasts8[1].jpg (960x544, 114K)

What playerbase is most retarded?

how was Avenger's Endgame user?

Whoever drew this is fucking retarded.

Dokkan Battle by far. The gameplay itself is even pre-school level "match the colors!" bullshit.

Not an argument.

At least I go out to watch movies, faggot.

>Game has an intresting story
>The gameplay is repetitive as fuck and game length is stretched as hell, making you replay levels you already cleared to advance in the plot

Attached: 1416590134833.jpg (300x167, 14K)

Tell me where you live so I can make sure they enforce a no singles policy there

don't kid yourself gachacuck

Attached: 1537597688751.jpg (1062x1062, 944K)

Your entire life is a no singles policy, faggot.

Smarter than your favorite game Ahmed

>implying anyone can figure out anything that shitty game

Attached: shiggy sticky.png (249x252, 6K)

Attached: maybe.jpg (720x697, 38K)

Yeah, because I'm always knee deep in pussy.

Owned, Based

Attached: 1562883878739.png (534x539, 341K)

The only thing you're knee-deep in is my shit, faggot.

imagine being this retarded, and post a gudako to say you were really just pretending
where's the man who make excited chihaya?
answer: dead

Attached: 1566245579474.webm (480x270, 509K)

Yeah, because I made you shit yourself.
You gonna cry too?

Attached: 15684209391766.png (539x534, 366K)

Yeah, I shat myself from laughing too hard at you, faggot.

I think I'll stuff this dick in your mouth while you're laughing, bitch.

Attached: 1568420625979.png (534x539, 378K)

The only thing you stuff is the turkey during Thanksgiving, faggot.

GFL does not have a decent story. It has a decent backstory. GFL's actual story is garbage.

That's no way to talk about your mother, faggot.

Attached: 1568420939176.png (539x534, 362K)

My mom could kick your mom's ass, faggot.

>Game has literally anything in it
>Pseudointellectuals immediately believe its anti-(things they don’t like which is typically shit like capitalism, nationalism, racism, ect.) and pro-(things they like which is typically gibs, women’s rights, ect.)
You’re not smart for being a schizo

based k11 poster

Nier automata didn't ripoff chinkshit for sure

Your mom is my mom's ass, faggot.

p-pardon?

Read the post again

You heard what I said.

But that's correct.
>t. beat the game, most DLC challenges, Torna, & got halfway into NG+

Attached: 2017121605101700-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg (1280x720, 26K)

holy fucking shit