boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/747_500.png/page/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=taoODZVkz4o
youtube.com/watch?v=5GsotQzdUFg
youtube.com/watch?v=653wuaP0wzs
github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=gOMw7dfU658
youtube.com/watch?v=RieKG7pw6g8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

neither are my favorite zelda game by a longshot, but I honestly prefer wind waker

If we're going with dungeon design, TP even though it's dungeons are mediocre. WW had hot trash for dungeon design

>Wind Waker
SOUL

Twilight Princess
>SOULLESS

They're both pretty mediocre but TP is the better game. TWW had style/"soul" but that's about it.

definitely voting TP then.

Switch remakes when?

Hey, I have a great idea, let's make you go through an entire dungeon as a furry, then redo the whole thing as a person. That'll pad out the playtime

Attached: 1535693657425.jpg (249x250, 6K)

Wind Wanker has better side quests, Twink Princess has better dungeons.
WW is better overall

>Twilight Princess
>>SOULLESS
>calling the shootout in the Hidden Village and
snowboarding with yetis soulless

Pic related is supposed to be the big puzzle of the dungeon and in order to solve it, you LITERALLY just interact with each piece in the room in the ONLY way possible. i.e. I push all the moveable mirrors until they get stuck, I shine light on the walls to make them disappear, and when all of it is set up, I just shine light at the mirrors.

If you can figure out the solution of the puzzle in a shorter amount of time than it takes to put it all together, it's too easy or way to tedious and this puzzle is both. The game is full of shit like this.

Attached: 1540286770024.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Exactly this

WW has the more appealing aesthetics but TP is the overall better designed game. I'd like WW much more if it was a book or movie.

The wolf sections aren't that bad. They're still better than the extra fetch quests in WW

>They're still better than the extra fetch quests in WW
Mate the Triforce Quest wasn't a fetch quest, that was your big test before Ganondorf which makes it all the worse.

I hated how this shit amounted to a connect the dots puzzle.

at least WWHD reduced the fetchquests, but FUCK the tears of light in TP. Even in TPHD where they reduced it,it's still a massive chore to go through.

WW has a slight edge over TP but both have a significant edge over MM

Attached: 1467072393405.jpg (368x368, 34K)

WW will never be as good of a game as Majora you fag.

People who don't think Oot and MM are the best 3-D zelda games are quite literally zoomers and brainlets

Each tear quest takes like 20 minutes to finish tops. I always thought they were too short to even become a bore.

It will always be because it's lighthearted and fun

OoT is the best Zelda. MM isn't top 5

Ass pacing and terrible dungeons will never be fun. All WW has going for it is looking like a cartoon.

>Comparing the two best zelda games
>Unable to conclude one is better than the other

I doubt you collected 16 of them in less than 20 minutes without knowing exactly where they are beforehand.

>Ass pacing and terrible dungeons will never be fun. All WW has going for it is looking like a cartoon.
Which is more than MM has without having an appealing artstyle either. That's why it's inferior.

MM is only good when you don't think of it as a Zelda game.

Genuinely can't decide. They both have glaring flaws that almost contradict each other.

Attached: 1242260247096.jpg (150x150, 3K)

They appear on the map.

you are fucking retarded. MM kills WW every day of the week

96 > 95

Attached: This is not what a decline looks like you fucking morons.png (1248x362, 148K)

>MM is only good when you don't think of it as a Zelda game.
It's good when it is and isn't, because it's one of the more unique Zeldas out there along with LA and the Oracles, and a surreal and at times, very bittersweet game.

It depends on which one's flaws you can overlook and which one's you can't. As a dungeonfag who has no real attachment to overworlds, saying TP is the better game is an absolute no-brainer for me.

First playthroughs, I liked WW more than TP.

I played through both this year again though after not touching either for 6 or 7 years, and liked TP more.

TP's opening is noticeably tedious, I've seen some people say the same about WW's but I always thought Outset Island felt quick and Forsaken Fortress pulled me into the game on the first playthrough

Other than that I prefer TP. Visually I love TP, Lakebed Temple and Palace of Twilight especially.

Both games overworlds didn't fully click to me to where I wanted to search every bit of it like OOT did.

WW's dungeons were all decent but there were only a few of them and the best TP dungeons were better than the best WW ones.

People say TP is too much of a retread of Ocarina but they both feel very similar to Ocarina imo. Wind Waker is more visually different but structurally and in terms of gameplay they're both very similar to OOT.

Yes, which is why I bothered playing it but it falls flat in everything I go to a Zelda game for

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 6.00.44 PM.png (663x331, 24K)

doesn't help much as the map is unclear

>but it falls flat in everything I go to a Zelda game for
It's everything a Zelda should be and more. Meanwhile WW is an unfinished mess with the worst dungeons, overworld and pacing in the series, everything Zelda should'nt be.

>It's everything a Zelda should be and more.
Repetitive, boring, takes itself way too seriously?

If you say so. I never had much trouble with those hunts. Only part of TP that ever halted my progress was the sacred grove puzzle, and even then not for very long.

>IT'S NOT AS POPULAR SO IT'S WORSE
Christ, imagine being this sort of person.

Attached: 1504071791084.gif (500x281, 166K)

Shut your whore mouth
this

I like both games. I've probably played more WW but I think I liked TP a bit more. The real question is which had better waifus?

Attached: 1563573834316.jpg (1459x2177, 727K)

>sacred grove puzzle
that the part with the 2 statues?
gave me no trouble at all, there's only one way to do it anyway

The more I look back on it the more I realize that WW had horrible dungeons. The only thing I've seen people mostly agree on as far as TP dungeons go was Snowhead being the best and I agree with that. Sailing got old and triforce hunting speaks for itself but TP did that with the character hunting. TP gets shit for introducing techniques but WW simplified combat to the semi-QTEs, not that the combat in these games has ever been stellar. TP has five-piece heart pieces and wolf combat which is ass. WW has pears and seagulls and up until the remaster no true fast travel.

I can't say one is better than the other because they both uniquely suck.

This. I bet if most of the people voting for WW replayed both today they'd pick TP

metascores are for consolewar shitposting user

>Repetitive, boring, takes itself way too seriously?
Changing into monsters with masks is more exciting and unrepetitive then having to sail your ass across the map over and over again. And Nintendo thought so too since they cut the sailing lengths in the HD version.

It's more trouble than the bug hunts in that it's a puzzle to solve at all. Any puzzle in TP is more trouble than the bug hunts in that they are puzzles at all. I won't say that they don't slow the game down but fuck, are they easy.

I never said the bug hunts are hard, just tedious filler

>Changing into monsters with masks is more exciting
So exciting it never came back? Same with the Time Limit. The game might as well be a spinoff

>And Nintendo thought so too since they cut the sailing lengths in the HD version.
The speed of the boat was increased since it didn't have to adhere to the loading speeds of the gamecube hardware.

Do we need to discuss all the work that was done on MM3D to fix the game's myriad of problems?

Which is true I suppose, but collectively I'm hard pressed to say they add up to an hour of gameplay, maybe an hour and a half if you get a bit lost.

The true question is how many of you realize that the timelines converge in MM and all the happy endings occur at once and none of the times you rewind do you leave people to be destroyed?

Midna is more fuckable but Link/Tetra is the cuter couple

Attached: 54717709_p24.png (600x900, 212K)

when a feature of Zelda is awesome it is in fact one and done, never to be seen once more

Attached: secret.png (768x682, 3K)

>So exciting it never came back?
Better that way, it keeps Majora unique and fresh, oh and changing into other forms has been in previous and subsequent games like LTTP and TP respectively.

I don't know, collecting 1 bug per minute doesn't sound right to me given the distribution of the bugs that I recall.

Guess Trains are the greatest thing Zelda's ever done then

>but Link/Tetra is the cuter couple
Sorry mate, Midna and Link have them beat too.

Attached: Link:Midna(manga).jpg (898x1280, 187K)

WW is the worst zelda

>MM3D
>fix

I didn't even bother touching the game after hearing about its list of changes. Sounded like an outright inferior remake.

Well, it's unique in that the ways it bores me are exclusive to it

Because the original is a fucking mess and they knew it was unfit for rerelease. OoT, WW, and TP only got tweaks by comparison because they're more fundamentally sound in their design

This
TP is still the superior game tho

correct sir

Attached: hah.jpg (130x130, 5K)

Sorry but they never saw each other again

Cool ST is underrated as fuck

Slight edge to TP especially if it's the GC versions.

Some of the bugs appear in bunches.

>Sorry but they never saw each other again
Adding a bittersweet feel to it, making it even better.

Reread my post. I dismissed the remake because I like the original as it was, and do not believe it was in need of such drastic changes.

But tragic love isn't cute

>Well, it's unique in that the ways it bores me are exclusive to it
user, you like WW, making you boring by default.

Because you're blinded by nostalgia. The game is plagued with problems

I am not. I just like a thing that you don't like.

TP is soooooooo fucking bad, my god. I didn't think I could ever hate a Zelda game until I played it.

>But tragic love isn't cute
It is cute, mixed with sad which is more than what can be said about Link and Tetra's relationship.

Sorry, I'm too much of a brainlet to see the appeal of undoing quests right after doing them

I started the discussion simply by saying both games in the OP were better than MM. You never had to reply

Time to do space ships
a Link to the Future

How? TP is about as by the books as Zelda gets, for better and worse.

>The game is plagued with problems
There's nothing on MM that brings it down to WW levels my sir.

>mixed with sad
No, it's more stupid because they were split apart for no good reason but to repeat the trend of partners fucking off after the credits

You keep track of the things you've accomplished in the bomber's notebook. You remember what you did, but no one else does.

Wind Waker's all style and absolutely no substance
Twilight Princess is all Midna and absolutely no substance

>I'm too much of a brainlet
Based Brainlet admitting he's a brainlet.

the remake isn't bad it just has some changes that didn't need to be, like zora link moving slower, and invisible cripple being in the pirate fortress

All of WW's problems are present to some degree in MM. People are just more forgiving of MM because it lets them feel smarter than they are

That's boring and unsatisfying.

>invisible cripple being in the pirate fortress
Because the stealth is fucking trash

>it's more stupid because they were split apart for no good reason
user, the whole reason the game started in the first place was because Hyrule kept dumping it's trash into the Twilight Realm. And knowing how awful shit will get thanks to SS, Midna did the right thing by severing ties to the Light World.

They changed the location of the Stone Mask dude? That wasn't really necessary but okay. And I'm a massive Zora Linkfag so making swimming worse isn't doing favors in my eyes.

what stealth? sneaking by the pirates? lol!

>People are just more forgiving of MM because it lets them feel smarter than they are
>he hasn't seen the WWfag's blogpost about the complexity of WW's story

Link should have gone to live with her and help improve the Twilight Realm. That's what Link did with Tetra and it's cute

Yes, that's what "stealth" is. You should be able to kill the pirates but the game needed to be padded somehow

No, post it and explain how it's wrong

These criticisms are so general that they can be applied to any game anyone doesn't like. I don't like WW because the sea is boring and unsatisfying. I don't like TP because the wolf is boring and unsatisfying. I don't like ALttP because the dark world is boring and unsatisfying. You can generically slap it on to anything.

it doesn't matter it just requires magic to zoom zoom, and it was pointless for everything but the race for a bottle, in which now there's a difficulty associated with obtaining magic during the race, I think that's better imo
another pointless change is the order in which you get the magic upgrade and sword upgrade, they flip flop, so now you can get all the fairies in the first temple to make the boss of the second temple (and the bottle race) easier, instead of grabbing the fairies in the second dungeon and immediately turning them in outside

But it's pretty self explanatory how taking away the tangible results of a player's accomplishments can be unsatisfying

>explain how it's wrong
Because WW's story is shit.

Why is it shit?

Gamecube versions
TP>WW
WiiU versions
WWHD>TPHD

/thread

wind waker has a boat A FUCKING BOAT
the story is fantasy generica

It was like it was trying to be every single thing I hated about OoT without trying to do anything unique. No, the wolf gimmick isn't unique, it's a gimmick and it's bad. Otherwise it's just a painfully boring shameless OoT rehash.

No it doesn't, the tangible result is the mask you receive.

Which often does nothing. The uselessness of the Couple's Mask is fucking embarrassing.

>Otherwise it's just a painfully boring shameless OoT rehash.
Oh shit, yeah who could forget Zant and the Twilight Realm in OoT.

Weird, TP focused on everything I liked about OoT.

Because it's the generic Ganon is the bad guy story again.

That has nothing to do with anything as a point. They are tangible marks of your achievements. And besides, you still get objectively useful ones like the Stone Mask or the Bunny Hood.

I prefer windwaker and it's ganon

Attached: 1566101525432.png (849x430, 248K)

And it's perfectly understandable to bring him back after how forgettable and inconsequential Majora was. A recurring villain allows for a greater sense of familiarity and a more personal level to the conflict. I'm fine with him in TP for this reason as well, though in that game he wasn't used properly.

And it feels cheap to run around with the rewards while the people who gave them to you are back to stewing in their misery. I'm sure there's an artistic statement to be made with this dynamic but it doesn't make for a fun video game

TP ofc

WW has the tutorial section, which leads you to believe you're going on an awesome pirate adventure. BUT NO! After a rope swinging tutorial (seriously?) the game then TAKES YOUR SWORD AWAY FROM YOU and tosses you into a forced stealth section in a game and in a series that has never and will never be about stealth. Then, after this fuckery, you're saved by a deus ex machina in the form of a fucking talking boat. However, even though the boat was somehow able to get you from the Forsaken Fortress to the town island, it cant go anywhere else unless you buy a sail.

So now you have to dick around a town getting rupees until you can buy a sail and meet up with that jew motherfucker tingle. It's like that bullshit in OoT where you have to buy the shield before Mido's bitch ass will let you go to the Deku Tree, only worse. Then after you go through all that tedium you're finally all set to explore the high seas! BUT NO! The game FORCES you to sail in a straight line with no deviation to the first dungeon, and won't let you go until you complete it. You don't get any "freedom" in this game until about 5+ hours in. This entire game has tricked millions of people into thinking its about freedom and exploration, but its all a sham. The ocean is a flat blue square. There's nothing underneath. Many islands have nothing of interest on them. Several are copy pasted, or you just go there once and never have a reason to again. Some have literally nothing on them at all

Cut content everywhere, Jabun just handing you the orb for completing a glorified cannon shooting minigame is a slap in the face, and the triforce chart bullshit is insulting. That ghost ship? Oh you just fight some enemies, just like every other submarine, fuck you. The game is laughably easy even for a Zelda game. Combat is either mash B or hold R then press A when the QTE prompt tells you to. Oh by the way THIS IS HOW YOU KILL GANONDORF WITH A QTE. Wind Waker is shit and so are the people who defend it

Attached: laughatu.png (710x484, 19K)

>all these WW fags

WW was boring. Toony bullshit graphics with a bullshit sailing gimmick. I honestly did not enjoy playing it that much. TP was pretty fun and had an enjoyable story.

If you don't appreciate the atmospheric and thematic aspects of MM then that's on you, but it works just fine as a video game if you don't reject the idea on the ground floor.

>forgettable and inconsequential Majora was.
The taste keeps getting worse and worse, but given it's a WWfag, it makes perfect sense for someone to have taste this shit.

I will give MM credit as the best time travel story I've ever experienced, but that only justifies why I think time travel is a horrible mechanic for story telling

MM is literal evil for the sake of evil

BotW is the best 3D Zelda now, fight me.

>MM is literal evil for the sake of evil
Literally Ganondorf, fit with castle over lava and haunting the player in his sleep.

Covered about everything I hated about WW. There were almost no redeeming qualities to it in my opinion other than the art direction which everyone seemed to shit on it for back in the day.

He had the goal in WW of reclaiming the kingdom he desired in his childhood. Majora just wants to kill everyone for no reason

MM works a lot of content within its 3 day loop, and part of the appeal is choosing how to utilize the time given in a cycle. It's only cyclical at face level, you should be doing something substantially different with each cycle while still making overall, tangible progress.

What's wrong with a villain being evil incarnate? A villain is good when they properly service the plot. You can't just take a villain in a vacuum and determine its quality

>He had the goal in WW of reclaiming the kingdom he desired in his childhood.
And murdered two sages and kidnapped little girls for that goal.

Exploration is the best and the physics engine is top tier, but elsewhere the game has tons of little cracks in its armor that add up.

Twilight Princess is miles better than Wind Waker. It's not even close.

Wind Waker is hands down the worst 3D Zelda game in the entire series. Awful dungeons, an empty overworld exactly like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, and is padded out with the Triforce Quest and re-used filler. I'd honestly rather play Skyward Sword over Wind Waker.

But so much is repeated that doesn't need to. Does needing to replenish my bombs and arrows with each cycle really make the game better?

Because MM is so subtle and nuanced in much of how it tells its story (I have not trashed the story itself, only how it blends with the gameplay) it feels like the worst possible game to have a purely evil villain

Yes, he was a bad guy, but his actions had a purpose beyond murder for the sake of murder.

>but his actions had a purpose beyond murder for the sake of murder.
Yeah, be a monster like last time.

Loss of items is irrelevant due to not only chuchus but also the generally absurd drop rate of Zelda games in the first place. The only one that remotely matters is rupees and that's what the bank is for.

Yes, but he had a goal and an explained purpose for that goal. Ganondorf does what he does because of the jealousy he felt towards the people of Hyrule. Majora is never given a reason for doing what it does besides being evil.

But then why have it in the first place?Taking the few minutes it takes to get your shit back with each reset and counting it over a full run adds a decent amount of time to the average run

I don't think you've played MM. Item replenishment is so much of a nonissue that I've never even thought of it as a potential flaw. This shit isn't early Resident Evil, cut bushes for maybe 20 seconds and you're back to full.

>Ganondorf does what he does because of the jealousy he felt towards the people of Hyrule.
>falling for his speech
Very dumb of you user. No, we've seen what happens when Ganondorf gets complete control in the form of Castle Town in the future, the frozen Zorans, the imprisoned Gorons and the monsters in the Kokiri Forest.

Hell, just pop on the Goron mask and run through the bushes outside the town and you've go everything you need in 15 seconds.

It's not a severe flaw but it is an annoyance that bothers me more than it should due to my suspicion that it was only included to artificially inflate the playtime

What's there to fall for? He said he was jealous of the people of Hyrule. Jealousy often drives people to do terrible things and seek revenge on those they're jealous of.

see
That's exactly what I do, and it feels pointless

>TP
>more than 0 votes

Attached: 1477724576470.jpg (251x251, 6K)

>Jealousy often drives people to do terrible things and seek revenge on those they're jealous of.
He's always been like this user, otherwise he wouldn't be a giant pig monster in the Dark Realm.

Wind waker is better on average over the course of the game, but twilight princess is just so much more palatable to play through. Wind Waker is filled with all-or-nothing questlines that force you to do twenty things before you get a single reward, while TP is much better at giving you incremental prizes throughout its sidequesting. Both main questlines are a fucking slog but at least TP spaces it out, and at least with RNG bullshit like the pig-rider jousts you can pretend it was your own skill that led to your failure, instead of shit like the squid-hunting where you can only blame the devs for making such a stupid minigame.

In TP I can mindlessly slog through the tutorial and the first few wolf sections to get to the game, because if I quit there I've experienced nothing of value. In WW I quit the game before the endless sailing and the triforce hunt, because theres so little of value left to see after that mindless slog.

Yes, he has. The motivation is simple but effective because it makes sense for all incarnations of him and how the same force has driven him to act out in different ways.

Wind Waker HD > Twilight Princess HD >Twilight Princess > Wind Waker

Attached: 806.jpg (500x669, 78K)

>And it feels cheap to run around with the rewards while the people who gave them to you are back to stewing in their misery. I'm sure there's an artistic statement to be made with this dynamic but it doesn't make for a fun video game
They only go through their misery until you converge the timelines on Dawn of a New Day.

Attached: Happy_Mask_Salesman_Artwork.png (213x320, 87K)

And the ending annoys me because Link is too much of a stick in the mud to go to a fucking carnival

>Item replenishment is so much of a nonissue that I've never even thought of it as a potential flaw
This is mostly true, except for a few bullshit points like the gold dust or the zora eggs, or if you're one of those OCD types who likes to have 3 fairies and a blue potion from the witch shop whenever you walk into a dungeon.

WW would be the better game if it was actually complete
sorry that's just the way it is

Attached: D_tzqULXkAAAhj_.jpg (1295x2048, 217K)

>TP gets delayed
>Still has as much bullshit filler as WW

Attached: 1543355974658.jpg (432x403, 14K)

Does the moniker "King of Thieves" ring a bell to you, user?
He wanted to steal the motherfucking wind, and the madman almost did it.

>and at least with RNG bullshit like the pig-rider jousts you can pretend it was your own skill that led to your failure
That wasn't RNG, you just had to time the slashes at the right time.

I am one of those types

imp pussy is a potent force

>>Still has as much bullshit filler as WW
Thing is WW's filler is the content. Aonuma is that incompetent for allowing the TQ back after everyone hated it in WW.

I thought WW looked like shit as a kid. I still do.

Oracle of Seasons demolishes them both

dont cut yourself with that edge kid

I like Triforce more than Bugs. At least you're hunting the fucking Triforce instead of bugs

Minish Cap is the only good Toon Zelda game. That's a fact.

WW, ST, and MC are all good in my book.

WW is the worst 3D Zelda. It's hard for me to list Zeldas that are firmly worse, actually.

they made that part less tedious in the HD Wii U remaster, TP still has better combat and 8 full dungeons + side missions and shit

youtu.be/sKKF3ta0JiU
Has one of the best town themes across Zelda

>At least you're hunting the fucking Triforce instead of bugs
You're just paying Tingle out the ass to get most of them instead of crawling through a dungeon. It's the fucking Triforce and it doesn't even get a dungeon.

youtube.com/watch?v=Aa_VVimqskw

Yep, and even then it's merely decent. Toon Link really gets the short end of the stick with his games.

Based.
The only reason sailing was bad was fucking with the wind direction. Take that out and it's fantastic.

Ture, but I'm not a robot and shit like presentation and charm matter to me and WW blows TP away in this regard. WW is much easier to forgive for its tedious sections because the world feels so good to be in. An average run of TP requires several breaks with how certain parts wear on your nerves

he's seen some shit

is tp boring? i put about 10hrs into it, beat the forest temple and headed to kakariko village, saved those people. its just not clicking with me. the wolf form was cool the first time you use it but even now its just a chore. i'm not sure i want to push through it.

minor nitpick but the graphics are really inconsistent too. some things look fine and some just look awful and out of place.

Yes, he has but the tragic hero is not an archetype I'm fond of. I like WW's ending where there's a bittersweet element but the hero has defended what's truly important to him and his permitted to be happy about it

>I'm not a robot and shit like presentation and charm matter to me and WW blows TP away in this regard. WW is much easier to forgive for its tedious sections because the world feels so good to be in. An average run of TP requires several breaks with how certain parts wear on your nerves
This, except TP and WW switched.

Attached: TP Link vs Darknuts.jpg (2000x2750, 821K)

it gets much better just get to the goron mines and you'll see an uptick in quality for the rest of the game.

That's funny, I actually debated posting that.
youtu.be/GE8CqSo5KCM

What's really cool about Skyward Sword is that the Triforce has it's own dungeon: The Sky Keep. Where you actually collect all three pieces.

sky-

Attached: 1549163470919.png (576x456, 32K)

>he has but the tragic hero is not an archetype I'm fond of.
That's the best type of hero. It's not all sunshine and rainbows and I'm glad that OoT Link got peace though his descendent.

Attached: hatefun.jpg (800x450, 46K)

TP is objectively superior to the obvious unfinished Wind Waker but the latter is overwhelmingly charming, so it's my personal preference. Also while Wind Waker has the shitty Triforce quest TP has a lot of boring intermittent padding.

As a remaster, yes. WW is still a worse game than TP even after HD, they still did not fix the shit dungeons and main game pacing. TP HD's main claim to fame was the damage multiplication and that was half the issue with TP, the other half being a very slow first third.

There's a significant jump in quality when you get the Master Sword but I'm not sure you'll last that long

I like TP's artstyle a lot, more than anything that came after, but it's so dark and gritty that it actually tires my eyes out when looked at for long durations.

>It's not all sunshine and rainbows
Neither is WW"s ending but it's triumphant where it matters most. Imagine if Link saved Hyrule but lost his sister in the process. It'd be a victory but an empty one. WW knew how to make its conclusion as satisfying as possible

When did I imply that?

WW had better combat
TP had better world

>It'd be a victory but an empty one.
It would be one if he gave up being a hero after that.

It's hinted at that the hero of time becomes the hero shade and can't move to peace of mind until he passes on his battle skills. It sucks that this isn't pleasing of course but, it is what it is.

>OoT Link got peace though his descendent.
I'm guessing you're referring to TP Link and not WW Link.

What good is heroing if you can't protect what you initially sought to. This is why OoT Link never clicked with me. He has no skin in the game. He's just a vehicle for other peoples' problems

>strawpoll.me/18637546
Polls are very easy to rig

>It's hinted at that the hero of time becomes the hero shade
No, that's actually him.

>What good is heroing if you can't protect what you initially sought to.
Real world problem tackled by OoT Link.

OoT Link protects his child timeline (Majora's Mask -> Twilight Princess), but not the adult one (Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass -> Spirit Tracks).

>This is why OoT Link never clicked with me...He's just a vehicle for other peoples' problems
That's every Link in every Zelda, he's just a window a link into the game for the player who does heroic things on behalf of the npcs.

>I'm guessing you're referring to TP Link and not WW Link.
Yeah, there's no blood between WW and OoT Link.

>OoT Link protects his child timeline
No, TP Link did that. Ganondorf was still alive

WW Link bucked this trend by getting involved with the fight against Ganondorf for purely personal reasons and that's why hes my favorite

>No, that's actually him.
that's what hinting means, there's ambiguity and there is even enough details that are dislodged to where it may not be him, sorry

>WW Link bucked this trend by getting involved with the fight against Ganondorf for purely personal reasons and that's why hes my favorite
it's just his sister it may as well be someone elses

Hich one is worst?! I can't tell!

>it's just his sister it may as well be someone elses
But it's not, it's his sister and it's why he behaves irrationally to get her back

>and there is even enough details that are dislodged to where it may not be him, sorry
Bro we have word from Nintendo that it's him.

Attached: Historia.jpg (1023x432, 89K)

this, unironically

>But it's not, it's his sister and it's why he behaves irrationally to get her back
remember when young link in oot pulled his sword on ganon and he scoffed and blasted him back?

>remember when young link in oot pulled his sword on ganon and he scoffed and blasted him back?
But did he continue to pursue him after he left? WW Link tried to jump off a cliff after the Helmaroc King

I've been a part of a debate about this lore and it boils down to the historia not being canon, it's not the final word on all of it because it gets details from the games wrong and the games have the final say on it.

remember that twilight princess link had his friends from the village kidnapped, one of them is possibly his love interest

>it's just his sister it may as well be someone elses
Honestly this, Link's little community looks tight knit, he'd do it if it was the other kids too.

Yes and that's why he's my third favorite Link. His problem is that subplot with the village kid resolves too quickly and he feels like an afterthought towards the end as Midna takes over as the main character

I've owned both for over a decade but have never played either of them.

At the very end of the credits in Ocarina of Time, Link meets Zelda for the first time again, but this time with the Triforce of Courage in his possession. Knowing what is going to happen and having the Triforce of Courage in Link's hand, they both get Ganondorf arrested, averting the events of OoT from happening.

In the adult timeline, Ganondorf is sealed away in the Sacred Realm. But the seal is not permanent, and Link vanishes from the adult timeline since he was sent back to the child timeline by Princess Zelda. So when Ganondorf breaks free, there's no one who can stop him. So the Gods flood Hyrule.

Destruction happens in both timelines.

>I've been a part of a debate about this lore and it boils down to the historia not being canon
You're just another user on 4channel, you have no power over the canon of the games. Plus this is one the better things to come out of the Historia.

He should've taken the Master Sword when he turned 16 in the child timeline and slit Ganondorf's throat

>Midna takes over as the main character
No she doesn't. They simply share the role of main character equally. I mean, the game is called Twilight Princess.

Grabbing everyone's attention with a poll, and all you can fucking muster is THIS!?! A linear one dimensional "which was better"? Fuck's sake OP, I could shit out a better poll in my sleep.

Attached: 1550114287125.gif (128x128, 3K)

HAHAHAH autistic TP cucks utterly destroyed

Attached: 747_500.png (500x281, 216K)

lmao yeah he should have

both are great, Wind Waker has you play an instrument like the other zelda games.
Twilight Princess has interesting story and characters.

Attached: 1560544605024.jpg (1181x1575, 318K)

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/747_500.png/page/1/
Now this is advanced autism.

Is he still going to have god-like powers in the LA remake?

You don't see enough male-ified versions of female celebs out there; thanks for sharing

Attached: 1531873968478.jpg (1024x637, 64K)

Ganondorf never addresses Link in dialogue until Midna is removed

But the Wind Waker was the worst intrusment in a Zelda game while WW's story and characters are better than TP

That's because the nigga spent a hundred years chilling in her realm while he never got to know the dude who punked him.

It still makes Link feel unimportant in what should be his big moment

>WW's story and characters are better than TP
Midna's presence alone made TP's story better than WW's.

Her presence hurts the game towards the end

Minish Cap is very good. Greatly enjoyed replaying it a few years back and reminded me of all it did well.

Tune: youtube.com/watch?v=taoODZVkz4o

>It still makes Link feel unimportant in what should be his big moment
Link had big moments scattered across the game and the finale battle between them was one of them.

Some of the mid-late game dungeons are great, but the opening bit is a real slog. If you've persevered through all that, then yeah stick with it because it gets better. The wolf becomes increasingly irrelevant towards the end of the game.

It's attempting to replay through that fucking intro that kills me every time I think about firing TP up again.

Twilight Princess will forever be the best Zelda game.

Attached: 543643.jpg (956x715, 87K)

But it's not presented as such. It's presented like Midna's moment for him to take over when she;s KO'd. Having Ganondorf acknowledge WW Link is the rightful successor to the HoT is a big deal when even your allies spent the game talking shit about you. TP never has a moment like that.

>Her presence hurts the game towards the end
Nope, if anything it immortalized her as one of best characters on the series. Also

Last I checked Link doesn't have the Triforce on returning to the Child timeline. That contradicts the Triforce of Courage getting shattered when the timelines split.

I'm talking about how she overshadows you in the final battle. You never feel as strong as she does when she wastes Zant and turns into a spider monster. see

>TP never has a moment like that.
Except he does, constantly over the course of his game, when meeting with Rusl, the Resistance, the Gorons, the Bulbin lord, the dead Zoran Queen and even Midna.

I couldn't give a shit really

>Sees results
Yep, this explains the state of Yea Forums

BUt not with Ganondorf who is your greatest enemy and one Link should have the most personal connection to as a wilder of the Triforce

The final battle is Link v. Ganondorf in TP, same as it ever was. But TP is definitely Midna and Zant's story, with the Triforce crew really only along for the ride. Zant uses Ganondorf like Midna uses Link.

>You never feel as strong as she does when she wastes Zant and turns into a spider monster.
Motherfucker, we start out a farmer tossing pumpkins and then goats then humans then Gorons, giant monsters and finally Dorf himself. It's subtle, but it's there.

Can we get some cool Zelda artwork in here?

Attached: Lake Hylia.png (480x640, 432K)

She was using the power of the fused shadows to turn into that spider monster thing so of course she'd be strong in that state

>BUt not with Ganondorf who is your greatest enemy and one Link should have the most personal connection to as a wilder of the Triforce
user the game gives reason for this in the cutscene addressing the failed execution of Ganondorf in the Arbiter's Ground.

>liking "GAIS REMEMBER OOT? BUT REMEMBER OOT!!??"
>over windwaker

explains a lot about the state of you, nigger

Attached: 1566608955605.png (1200x1600, 1.69M)

Attached: link (tp).jpg (1111x1111, 553K)

It's not a bad story, but it does drag my opinion of that Link down

The point is Link should not feel lesser than his partner. He does in TP as indicated by the fact that people cite Midna for why TP was so good while WW fans typically point to its version fo Link

Giving a reason for it doesn't make it a good decision. Link isn't treated as he should be in TP's final act

ITT: people who claim WW had more soul than TP with no actual reasoning
To put it simply, Soul is when you can tell something was made by a human making something they wanted to be good. Something uncompromised by legions of artists assigned to each asset to standardize and buff the blemishes off of. Not held back by dozens upon dozens of focus groups. Unchained by an overzealous PR department.
It's almost certainly true that a larger team was responsible for Twilight Princess than Wind Waker, making it have categorically less soul (more people = less specific and cohesive vision = less soul). However, the cartoony style is designed partially to make more interesting, stylized designs, and partially to disguise that Nintendo was no longer confident its hardware was up to snuff.
From the very core, the visual premise of the game was compromised by a choice meant to hide, rather than push, the limitations of its hardware. This hinders whatever soul it has severely, though a lot does still shine through from time to time.
Twilight Princess is the exact opposite. It was meant to send off the Gamecube with something truly visually impressive for the hardware, sent to the Wii because it was good enough to look great even there.
So yes, TP loses points for being "muh realism" and "muh dark'n'mature", but gains infinitely more for attempting realism on what the developers knew was shit hardware.
TL;DR: Even if you go on pure SOUL (the only half decent argument for wind waker), you should vote TP

what's your point here? I heard both sides of the arguement and you basically cement what the settlement was; everyone decides their own headcanon from the ambiguous details, or rather: how emotionally invested are you in the book some company put together themselves
lol don't be going and renaming your save file now you heathen
King of Hyrule is a superior supporting cast imo
the climax of both games is tremendous, whether it be Hyrule reflooding around the combatants or it be a multiple staged fight with beast form and horseback riding turned sword duel
true and Midna only really powers up from the fused shadows you retrieve on her behalf, then you waste Zant yourself without thosejust watch this and try and maintain your goosebumps:
youtube.com/watch?v=5GsotQzdUFg
now don't go hurting your buddy when trying to save his life now y'hear

Attached: bestzeldur.jpg (831x451, 54K)

>This whole reply
Case in point

>partially to disguise that Nintendo was no longer confident its hardware was up to snuff.
And they were right. WW is praised for how well it aged while TP is noted for how poorly it looked even compared to the PS3 which launch alongside it. What's the issue?

>No argument

I remember when people told me one day newfags would defend TP as best zelda because they didn't play OoT

I called them retarded, looks like I'm the retard now because underage niggers are infesting this place

>The point is Link should not feel lesser than his partner.
He doesn't you moron, one of the most favored parts of TP is the relationship between the two from unwilling partners to close friends. Midna herself admires Link.

>Link isn't treated as he should be in TP's final act
Except he is.

>liking "GAIS REMEMBER OOT? BUT REMEMBER OOT!!??"
>over windwaker
BotW > WW any day.

>I'm the retard
Yes you are.

She constantly tries to take the lead during the fight with Ganondorf though. She sees herself as kore capable than him in that fight

BotW is WW but improved but at the cost of the charm

>cel shading = soul

Attached: 1558470801993.jpg (245x280, 10K)

MM3D was shit compared to the original:
youtube.com/watch?v=653wuaP0wzs

There's a fanmade patch that fixes all the stupid changes they made in MM3D:

github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration/releases

>smashcuck calling anyone a nigger

If Ganondorf addressed Link the entire time while Midna was there, and then continued to address Link after Midna got KO'd, Midna's presence and importance in the story would have suffered drastically. Having Ganondorf address her while she's still there is convenient and creates development between the two characters, while Ganondorf's undivided attention on Link happens in the third and final battle after Midna's gone.

Midna doesn't overshadow Link. She simply shares the spotlight with him, more than most other partners in Zelda games.

botw isnt even a zelda game, it just uses the name

I don't like modern zelda, i just like SNES to N64 games. Never played these two in my life, i don't feel the appeal

>lol don't be going and renaming your save file now you heathen
What?

>She constantly tries to take the lead during the fight with Ganondorf though.
The only time she takes the lead is after they save Zelda and it's done to buy time.

>He still hasn't made a single counter-arugment

At least you know where you stand, TP was the most shameless OoT catering game ever, the fact you prefer it over WW is baffling

I can kinda agree with that, botw feels more fleshed out at least, I loved the great sea but most islands had a one and done gimmick and I'll take mediogre physics puzzles over a room with nothing/something you can't do yet because of the story, also the poll was about TP and WW

>BotW is WW
What the fuck are you smoking? WW is an empty overwolrd with on rails progression.

>creates development between the two characters

There doesn't need to be devlopment between them. That's what Zant was for. There was no development between Zant and Link but that's okay because he was Midna's enemy. Ganondorf is Link's. The game should act like it

She tries to act as a shield for Zelda and she's the one who drives him out of Zelda's body

and BotW is an empty world

If you've played all the snes and n64 ones I'd say hit up the nes ones, or if you want to play OoT again with a different coat of paint try TP, WW is its own thing like MM was, only bright and cheery with a nice reactive soundtrack

>the fact you prefer it over WW is baffling
I like finished games more than unfinished ones so yeah. Plus the references were done respectfully and most of them were optional.

>also the poll was about TP and WW
He said the "remember oot guys?!" game (aka BotW) was worse than WW, which is a lie.

>She constantly tries to take the lead during the fight with Ganondorf though. She sees herself as kore capable than him in that fight
Why does it even matter? Midna is pissed as fuck because Ganondorf stole her throne and caused her people great suffering, along with the attempted destruction of Hyrule too. She has every right to take the lead in that fight. And it's in her personality too.

>Plus the references were done respectfully and most of them were optional.

Attached: 1496759132435.gif (288x198, 1.45M)

>she's the one who drives him out of Zelda's body
Link was there to deliver the volleys user don't forget that.

>repsectfully
Now you're just being silly
>optional
I don't even know where to start, its like you never even played OoT

I prefer spirit Tracks, Zelda at her best.

>He said the "remember oot guys?!" game (aka BotW)
What?
Did you even read the thread you were responding to?

Why argue what's been beaten to death for years now? WWfags will always fall back to muh comfy or soul. No point, the gameplay will speak for itself. I'd rather play TP than go through all that "exploring" and going through those hand holding dungeons again. There was an autist that posted a certain WW webm for awhile. And despite his autism, he was right. Also, I do not see how a retread is bad, paper mario and ttyd are similar. Yet TTYD is praised for being the best paper mario, which is also correct despite the backtracking. Other guy wasn't me.

>she's the one who drives him out of Zelda's body
After Link weakens his hold on her

BotW is the most shameless oot catering Zelda there is.

Twilight Princess was actually finishes so I'm going to have to go with that

Yes, it is, but the point of my comments is about how Link is treated and why he's not as good of a man character as he should be.

Yes, the battle itself is excellent but it's framed terrible within the plot. Within the cutscenes Link is ignored while kick ass when the game starts. It's a jarring disconnect

I would also like to mention that everything I'm harping on TP for in this instance was executed to perfection in WW's final battle which is why I;m so critical of what TP did

I'm not saying TP was bad, I'm saying it took 0 risks and WW while clearly unfinished did a better job of shaking up the formula than TP could ever hope to, and I don't mind re-treads, I do mind when a game I played on the n64 is shoved in my face every 5 fucking minutes and the game itself struggles to find its own identity, both of them were piss easy games but zeldas have never been about difficulty

>I don't even know where to start, its like you never even played OoT
Played it, beat it twice and yeah, optional. The rune stones to summon HS, optional checking out the old fisherman pic with Henna, optional.

>kokiri forest
>temple of time
yea totally optional and not shoved in your face

Damn, that video brings back great times. I really need to get around to playing this God tier game again.

Attached: 342534.jpg (1024x1388, 375K)

>There doesn't need to be devlopment between them.
He's the mastermind behind the events of Twilight Princess, using Zant as a puppet and proxy.

>That's what Zant was for.
Zant was a false king. Of both the Twilight Realm and Hyrule.

>There was no development between Zant and Link but that's okay because he was Midna's enemy.
There most certainly was. Zant was just as much Link's enemy as he was Midna's. He took over Hyrule and caused a lot of bad shit for Link to go down.

>Ganondorf is Link's. The game should act like it
The game doesn't act like it because he's not. Ganondorf is an enemy to both Link and Midna.

>Yes, the battle itself is excellent but it's framed terrible within the plot.
It wasn't you moron, everything in TP had it reasoning but you're too thickheaded to or rather not see it.

TP is just a whole load of nothing. The only things I remember are Midna, Ganon's design and the Yeti house. Meanwhile I would spend hours searching for islands in Wind Waker. Both are flawed entries compared to the N64 masterpieces but Wind Waker is easily the better game.

>MM3D was shit compared to the original
no it's really a competent remake, I don't see how anyone could hate it, it just has a few stylisitc tweaks that are largely pointless, but it's not only portable, has an easier saving system but an improved bombers notebook
still they're both worth playing unless you're seriously trying to pick a singular version then you're up shits creek
>There's a fanmade patch that fixes all the stupid changes they made in MM3D
what a waste.
yeah it's a big open world that abandoned the zelda formula, it;s a hit and a miss
>get caught stealing
>filename is now permanently thief
>TP was the most shameless OoT catering game ever,
that's what made it great, if you grew up on OoT then you adore that game for being what it is
>WW is an empty overwolrd/
>BotW is an empty world\
I like boats and the ocean mechanic sooo
>BotW is the most shameless oot catering Zelda there is.
let's get high
>I would also like to mention that everything I'm harping on TP for in this instance was executed to perfection in WW's final battle
both final battles were top notch, I personally am a fan of the final battle in LA and the Zant battle in TP for taking you down memory lane

Attached: It's_dangerous_to_go_alone!_Take_this..png (256x224, 8K)

>>kokiri forest
>>temple of time
Lost Woods and the Temple of Time is just a short corridor for the dungeon beyond it.

MM3D completely broke Zora swimming.

You may as well complain about Stal Lord's boss theme

>I don't see how anyone could hate it
try watching the video

Ah yes, a corridor for that dungeon, the temple of time

OoT Temple of Time was just a corridor with a room, TP actually expanded on it to the point it was something else.

Can we please stop the "WW isn't a finished so it's bad" argument? So many of the greatest games were never "finished." I guess OoT is garbage cause they never made that Light temple then.

>TP is so beyond obvious in its copycatting they even used the same OoT trailer theme for its trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=gOMw7dfU658

youtube.com/watch?v=RieKG7pw6g8

>filename is now permanently thief
Oh yeah, that. Well in Link's Awakening DX, Link needed to steal in order to 100% complete the game.

Since the Photo Shop isn't in the Switch remake, there's presumably no reason to steal from the shop anymore aside from saving money. And if you want people calling you THIEF and the shopkeeper killing you the next time you visit his shop.

>Can we please stop the "WW isn't a finished so it's bad" argument? So many of the greatest games were never "finished."
Then it's just the Zelda with the shit dungeons and the Triforce Quest.

>The game doesn't act like it because he's not. Ganondorf is an enemy to both Link and Midna.
But more Link than Midna. Ganondorf is Link's destined opponent. Midna got fucked over by him but is ultimately meant to be a spectator. This is what does happen in the end but it's done in a way that leaves Link still feeling less important than her in this conflict

>It wasn't you moron, everything in TP had it reasoning but you're too thickheaded to or rather not see it.
Having a reason doesn't make it a good reason. They should've come up with reasons to make Link more involved

For an instance of how this could be done correctly.. Let's look at what the King and Tetra are used in WW's finale

The King has a longer history with Ganondorf and achieves the resolution to this when stealing Ganondorf's wish, but the wish he makes reflects how he's managed to move past his attachment to Hyrule in a way Ganon has not and entrusts the future of the world to Link and sets up the final sword battle.

Tetra is spunky like Midna and gets involved in the fight as she should, but does so by immediately acknowledging herself as merely a support for Link, reflecting how her respect for him as grown since they met, when she tried to talk him out of fighting Ganondorf for fear that he would be killed.

Attached: 1465953844721.jpg (1280x720, 500K)

>489 votes
I legit thought there were like 2-300 people on Yea Forums what the actual fuck

How exactly is TP a copycat of OoT?

Green tunic, sword, pointy ears, set in Hyrule >:(

Are you being serious? Because if you are I can go and whip up a proper response but given this thread you're more likely in denial or never played OoT

Wind Waker is a near 10/10 experience the first time only. The dungeons are just so bad, and the Great Sea is really only fun to explore once (maybe again in like five years). That fun is what keeps the dungeons from killing it, so once you know the game thoroughly, it loses most of what it's got. TP isn't better than maybe an 8 but most of it's dungeons are at least decent, a couple are really great.

>Having a reason doesn't make it a good reason. They should've come up with reasons to make Link more involved
The man was involved against the Twilight since the very beginning. Open your eyes.

My biggest problem with the Great Sea was making it to an island, almost dying in the process, and then finding out I didn't have the required items to progress or obtain the treasure.

>Are you being serious?
Are you? Because I don't remember Midna, Zant, or the Twilight in OoT.

wind waker would be the better option if it wasnt so much of an unfinished game

the idea was too ambitious for the gamecube

Ok yea you're one of those niggers that either never played it or are being willfully ignorant, take it easy

Better reputation then "Boring OoT copycat with a shitty wolf form thrown in."

>The man was involved against the Twilight since the very beginning. Open your eyes.
Okay, no excuse to involve Link so poorly. Link's connection to the story is built off of the abduction of the kids in his village like his sister in WW, but we're given a concrete reason why his sister was taken in WW while TP Ganondorf has no real connection to it whatsoever. It should've been part of his plan to draw out the one who and the Triforce of Courage or something.

>Wind Waker is a near 10/10 experience the first time only.
It's better on later runs when you know how to do the Triforce Quest way in advance

lmao I owned the game on N64, the Wii, and the 3DS cry harder mate.

>while TP Ganondorf has no real connection to it whatsoever
He orchestrated the whole event with Zant as his puppet.

I've played through both dozens of times, and yes I'm being serious.

If you think simply taking place in Hyrule, using familiar places like Kakariko Village, Zora's Domain, Temple of Time, Death Mountain, etc. and the same character names (Link, Zelda and Ganondorf) make it the same then you're foolishly naive.

>or are being willfully ignorant

apparently you can't read either so that would explain how you missed things like the lost woods lmao

I recently replayed WW, and I don't know whether or not they fixed most of my issues with the HD version but it was very frustrating to revisit.
>slowest text crawl speed I've ever seen
>this is compounded by the constant and very verbose item-pickup dialog boxes
>unskippable cutscenes
>camera direction is inverted by default and cannot be adjusted
>enemies have a ridiculous amount of invincibility frames while downed
>Link has peculiar momentum that makes platforming very awkward
Constantly changing the wind direction and the triforce hunt/rupee grind was a minor niggle by comparison to the game generally being just really fucking irritating to play.

Attached: DzwtVEFV4AIjeQE.jpg orig.jpg (717x1000, 117K)

But why? It's never acknowledged why he took the kids or if he even knows about it. The entire problem with TP is so much of it feels impersonal

Did you even read the thread? This has already been brought up but TP fags keep just saying nuh uh doesn't count because that would mean my favorite zelda is just a souless ripoff of a better game ffs they even copied the E3 trailer

>how you missed things like the lost woods
Actually I had to correct the user who foolishly thought it was the Kokiri village we explored.

Ocarina of Time has famously slower crawl speed than anything else in Zelda

"Soul" is what you say when you have no concrete examples of why you like something.

>The wind temple was shit

Kill yourself

Ganondorf was the mastermind behind the events of Twilight Princess.
He's the one who gave Zant the power to fuck with the light world which in turn led to the kids getting abducted which in turn led to Link getting dragged into the twilight and the awakening of the power of the hero which in turn led to Midna freeing Link.
I can go on and on but the point is everything happened because of Ganondorf

But it's not personal. It defaults back to "I'm the generic big bad and Link's the generic hero who will stop him (once Midna gets out of the way and stops hogging the spot light)". WW did more with the conflict (as I already explained) and it's disappointing TP didn't do the same

>The entire problem with TP is so much of it feels impersonal
That's more of you problem. It was pretty personal seeing the interactions with Link and the kids, and Rusl and so on. AS for the kids, victims caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As I already noted, all of that is resolved too soon and fails to carry into the ending

>by a longshot
What about just a hookshot?

Attached: IMG_20180621_103709.jpg (4048x3036, 692K)

OH GOD THE E3 TRAILER!!11 GOD FORBID A TRAILER PAY HOMAGE TO ANOTHER GAME'S TRAILER

>Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages/Seasons
>Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
>Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds
>Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass
All copycat off the older game just much if not more than Twilight Princess does with Ocarina of Time.

But the ones you mentioned are all direct sequels

twilight princess had so much out-of-place cool shit. it was like if an autistic 9-year-old made a zelda game and just threw in whatever the fuck he wanted. that's why i'll always prefer it over boring old Wind Waker

>try watching the video
I played the game I don't need to hear someone else talk about it lol. I have firsthand experience that it's on par ranging toward superior version.
It slows you down so that you have actual control over your movements. It adds much needed difficulty to the racing sidequest for the bottle.
It was nice to have to go through lost woods and play a temple of time that if I'm not mistaken actually time travels you to a non-ruined state when you enter into it.
You had to steal to 100% it? I was aware that in the original gb version you could save up or steal the shovel to progress and that meant never buying anything again lol.
it sucks that players have to have their fill of the great sea from just WW and PH
that's every zelda game lol, you bust your ass to get somewhere and discover that it was a pointless endeavor
Twilight Princess demands immersion, I'd say every Zelda game is a boring knockoff of the previous if you can't involve yourself in the world. The reason BotW did so well is people love the freedom of exploration and movement options it gives, it's not any story ofc.
that sounds terrible and I wonder why I never felt that, maybe take longer to revisit it and attempt to immerse yourself in the great sea aspect and the rest of the frustrations slip away
>The entire problem with TP is so much of it feels impersonal
why Zelda game actually makes you feel like Link has a personal stake in the plot at all? he's a blank slate for gamers to exhibit influence on every entry in the series
the wind temple does suck imo
lol

Attached: handover.jpg (1280x689, 72K)

>why Zelda game actually makes you feel like Link has a personal stake in the plot at all?
Wind Waker. It starts as the story for Link to save his sister and ends as a story about whether it's truly right to force the destiny of a hero on him and whether it's better to let go of the past and free him to live the life he wants

It is though.
If the kids didn't get abducted Link wouldn't have awakened to the power of the hero.
I mean fuck even late into the game he is still doing what he can to help out the kids and Ilia.
user you're just completely biased towards your love of Wind Waker.
Which isn't a bad thing but it makes you act willfully ignorant when trying to have an actual discussion about the nitty gritty of other games.

It doesn't have to be personal. Ganondorf just wanted to wreak havoc and control everything like in Ocarina of Time. He doesn't give a shit about Link or Midna, and couldn't care less about them.

in majora's mask, link is pretty fucking important

>fails to carry into the ending
It does since saving the kids adds to the heroic character, man goes from saving children to taking on the king of evil.

Twilight Princess is the best game.

Attached: midna.webm (1370x600, 3M)

>Le SOUL may may XD
Voting TP.

>Which isn't a bad thing but it makes you act willfully ignorant when trying to have an actual discussion about the nitty gritty of other games.
Well, if TP did the things I'm talking about as well as Wind Waker did, I'd be biased towards it instead. TP is polished but emotionally hollow

I'm aware of that but it makes for a less interesting final confrontation.

But he has no reason to fight Ganondorf besides "I'm good, he's bad"

TP's bosses blueball us so hard by being easy that I'd put WW above it since the cartoony game being easy is at least unsurprising.

Attached: TLinkPose.png (750x650, 92K)

>ends as a story about whether it's truly right to force the destiny of a hero on him
Except previous to the end, the story has you collecting the triforce pieces to become the hero. You don't get a choice in it, you WILL become the hero.

But it isn't emotionally hollow.
If it is then that is on you.

>You don't get a choice in it, you WILL become the hero.
And the ending is about realizing the folly in that and putting an end to the cycle once and for all even if it means leaving Hyrule behind altogether.

You can start explaining why anytime.

Yeah, so they share the exact same character (the same Link in each example), the same engines and visuals, go off the story of the previous game, etc.

That's rehashing just as hard if not harder than OoT -> TP.

But TP isn't a sequel so it has no reason to rehash but does so anyway diue to the insecurity behind its development

>But he has no reason to fight Ganondorf besides "I'm good, he's bad"
His village got ransacked, the world got corrupted, Kakariko literally got massacred, the Zorans' Queen got fucking executed, the game gave us plenty of reasons to fight Ganondorf.

>played the game I don't need to hear someone else talk about it lol.
Then shut up about not understanding why anyone would hate it if you refuse to listen to reasons why people hate it. It has many flaws that are clearly outlined in the video, but if you choose to remain ignorant then I see no reason to continue this conversation.

That boils down to "He's bad. I'm good." It's boring

Should I buy a WiiU to play these?

It's the same as WW, your bias is so blatant.

I voted both :^)

Did you play TP?
Did you not see how bittersweet the ending was when Link and Midna parted ways?
Or the relief Link showed when he found the children?
Or how sad he was when he found out Ilia lost her memories?
Or his concern when Colin got kidnapped?
What the fuck else do you need?

Are you sure? I mean, maybe.
If nothing else, OoT would have less text so it'd be less of an issue.

In Wind Waker though the game would S l o w l y P r i n t t h e t e x t o n e l e t t e r a t a t i m e because the engine was obviously intended for moji (hiragana/kanji/katanaka) and either they couldn't adjust the speed or didn't care to for other languages.
And then they'd do this really annoying thing where they'd lock the textbox for several seconds and prevent you from advancing the text because it was married to a character animation or they assumed the people playing were illiterate or something.

>maybe take longer to revisit it and attempt to immerse yourself in the great sea aspect and the rest of the frustrations slip away
Yeah, no thank you. By the time I beat Ganon I was just angry, and was actively forcing myself to keep going and beat the game.
I'm never touching WW ever again.
Super keen for a Switch re-release of TPHD though.

Attached: Df4ufaDVMAAAlVK.jpg orig.jpg (864x659, 176K)

But!

>I coveted those winds, I suppose...
IS SO DEEP!

>WW ends with a dope fight on top of old hyrule while it begins to glood, water cascading around you as you fight tooth and nail for the future of your world and ends on a sweet but also downer as the king reaches out to you pulls aways as you desperately try to swim back to him

>TP ends with one of the most piss easy boss fights ever in a boring looking field and the boss is so easy you can distract him with a fishing rod and it even gives you hearts back randomly

But TP is some how the more "epic, mature game?"

No see Midna got mentioned in a cutscene, so it's not emotional. :/

WW had Tingle.
TP didn't.
Therefore WW is objectively the superior game.

Attached: ting.jpg (551x754, 90K)

Its because they're basic bitches that can't look past an artstyle

Take it easy they were both easy as fuck.

OH NONONONONONNO TWILIGHT PRINCESS FAGGOTS ON SUICIDE WATCH
TPBP, nintendo fucked up by rehashing OoT and appealing to west cucks

>that can't look past an artstyle
Except the art style was the only good thing about WW.

The final boss in WW isn't about good vs. evil Ganondorf has already been defeated with the King's wish. The fight they have is one is to put a permanent end to the cycle of conflict between the wielders of the Triforce so Link and Tetra can move on with their lives

>Did you not see how bittersweet the ending was when Link and Midna parted ways?
Felt forced.
>Or the relief Link showed when he found the children?
>Or his concern when Colin got kidnapped?
I've already said that scene is good. It's also 25% through the game and hastily resolves his main reason for becoming a hero
>Or how sad he was when he found out Ilia lost her memories?
Do not care at all. Only gives us shitty filler sections
>What the fuck else do you need?
Actual dialogue between Link and Ganondorf when he shows up in his castle like every other version got

>The final boss in WW isn't about good vs. evil
Lmao yes it was user. From the beginning of the game we were told it was always good vs evil.

Except I explained how it isn't. The "Good vs. evil" is in preventing Ganondorf from getting his wish. Once that's done, they fight to resolves their personal stakes in the issue. Ganondorf wants to kill Link and Tetra as a final "fuck you" to the King

You dumb nigger.
You didn't even want a proper discussion did you?
It didn't even matter what I responded with because you are so incredibly biased against TP that even when people tell you you're wrong you just cover your ears.
Fuck you.

>bias
Do you even know what this word means?

True but one at least WW felt like.more of climax than TP

>Except I explained how it isn't.
And I already did and the game did too with the intro scene. Hell even Ganondorf's first appearance is there as a monster destroying the world.

Yes, Ganondorf is bad which is why you're working to keep him from completing the Triforce, but why do they fight even after the wish is done and Ganondorf is doomed to drown with Hyrule?

this. The art style is actually one of Wind Waker's strong points. It's the pacing and overworld/dungeon design that fucks up everything

ffs WW Link can't even swim infinitely like he does in every other Zelda game. He should have been able to swim to other islands

Ganondorf got headshot and stoned in one, the other had a sword though his chest and getting his neck snapped. He got climaxed like four times.

Nothing will ever come close to stabbing him in the head while standing on his shoulders

>but why do they fight even after the wish is done and Ganondorf is doomed to drown with Hyrule?
Because then it would be a very anticlimactic end. That's like if Goku used the Dragonballs to wish all the bad guys away, no body would watch that.

Both are mediocre but I prefer TP

I'll stick with Link overpowering Ganondorf's ToP with raw strength of his own, shit was insane.

But why write the game that way then? They could have simply had the three of them fight over the Triforce pieces like always. The answer is they wanted to have a finale built on a premise that went beyond just saving the world. It's a shame no future Zelda game has tired this since

>It's a shame no future Zelda game has tired this since
TP, they saved TWO WORLDS.

>TP, they saved TWO WORLDS
You are truly an anathema to good story telling if you think that's remotely what I was talking about. The whole reason Zelda stories have gone downhill is a focus on artificially raising the stakes without characters with motives to match

The story in BotW was kino.

Well what made the plot of Wind Waker so special compared to say Breath of the Wild?

>The whole reason Zelda stories have gone downhill is a focus on artificially raising the stakes without characters with motives to match
Actually focusing too much on the story is what gave us SS and that made the series a little shittier.

It's underrated by nowhere close to kino. Completely strips Ganon down to pure malice

If anything BotW's makes WW's stronger because WW's story is built around questioning whether Hyrule and the cycles surrounding it are truly worth protecting and BotW is a very strong case that they really aren't but it still drops the ball by reducing Ganon to the lowest common denominator of evil for the sake of evil

SS would be tolerable if the story was good and the motion controls were gone

Are you sure your just not overthinking the plot to WW?

I don't see how. The conclusions I'm drawing are all easy to take from the dialogue.

/Thread

Awful game and the 2nd worst 3D Zelda behind Skyward Sword.

Whose dialogue?
The King?

And Ganondorf's people remember the scene with Ganondorf's wind speech but it needs to be paired with Ganondorf's speech from before Puppet Ganon and the King's final words to form the whole picture

Attached: ganondorf.gif (540x385, 1.84M)

I don't really feel like that's the case, every Zelda game seems to start with the hero being dragged into the ongoing conflict..
>in majora's mask, link is pretty fucking important
Link is the most important character in every Zelda game, without link or the player, then chaos would descend.
Did y'know that you can drop water on the forest boss to instantly one hit KO it?
>leaving Hyrule behind altogether.
Dude puts the weight on Link to rebuild a new kingdom for everyone in lieu of inheriting the old kingdom, Link can never catch a fucking break.
>It has many flaws that are clearly outlined in the video
Those flaws are stupid I've already seen that video I'm not going to watch it to see the points in depth again, you'd think you'd have the decency to outline your own arguments first and foremost instead of leaning into the video anyway. Those changes aren't that important and certainly don't ruin the experience.
>The fight they have is one is to put a permanent end to the cycle of conflict between the wielders of the Triforce
which boils down to I'm good You're bad, which is boring.
>the ending when Link and Midna parted ways Felt forced.
So too is sister being kidnapped, it's all forced.
>the game hastily resolves his main reason for becoming a hero
He's already involved now, he's not just going to turn around and go back home, he's the hero.
>Actual dialogue between Link and Ganondorf when he shows up in his castle like every other version got
Which games actually have an exchange of dialogue that TP didn't have.
>Nothing will ever come close to stabbing him in the head while standing on his shoulders
It leans into the artstyle for that one.

tl;dr: ITT> people wipe butt with TP, fans vs fans

This is the only good post in this thread.

Why is WW kicking TP's ass in this poll but all the thread is flooded with TP defenders? Do they feel they need to be louder to hide their shit taste?

I'd argue it's worse than Skyward Sword even.

Attached: 1567887829640.jpg (1000x1500, 693K)

It's more like most people have shit taste so they vote Wind Waker, but are too stupid to articulate why Wind Waker is better.

>Do they feel they need to be louder to hide their shit taste?
Are you seriously getting upset over anons actually discussing something of once?

Original Zelda is the only really good Zelda.
Fuck your 3d shit.

A purist. Respectable taste.

>t. Arin Hanson

>I don't really feel like that's the case, every Zelda game seems to start with the hero being dragged into the ongoing conflict..
But the difference is most Zelda games have someone coming to Link to ask him to save the world. WW's adventure starts with Link telling Tetra that he intends to go save Aryll.

>Dude puts the weight on Link to rebuild a new kingdom for everyone in lieu of inheriting the old kingdom, Link can never catch a fucking break.
WHy? New Hyrule is a pretty nice place that holds him in high regard and he got to make brown pirate babies too

>which boils down to I'm good You're bad, which is boring.
But it's about proving it. Ganondorf, while not good, has a firm view of the world that runs in opposition to Link and is willing to kill him to prove it correct.

>So too is sister being kidnapped, it's all forced.
Aryll is kidnapped as a Hylian girl in Ganondorf's quest to find Princess Zelda. The Helmaroc King ends up on Outset Island while trying to catch Tetra

>He's already involved now, he's not just going to turn around and go back home, he's the hero.
But in particular he owes the King and Tetra the favor. He wants to thank them for what they did for him

>Which games actually have an exchange of dialogue that TP didn't have.
LttP, OoT, and WW all had Ganondorf giving a speech to Link before their big fight. TP is MIDNA MIDNA MIDNA. It kills the mood

>It leans into the artstyle for that one.
Link is still a kid and Dorf is still fucking huge

Cope

Having gone back and replayed the first zelda, boy that game is fucking good, I don't think its my favorite but having properly finished it its way up there, what a fucking good game

>Cope
Denial

>Cope
user, half the WW defenses are just one user repeating himself and shoving his fingers in his ears.

Seething

It's amazing how you fucking cocksuckers argue how one flavor of the same fucking game is so much better than another. Day in, day out. Never changing anyone's minds.

Attached: 1567886887690.jpg (1255x1890, 870K)

That's not very personal of you user. :(

to be fair, TP and WW are opposites in just about every way possible

God why is Saria so perfect?

Attached: bestgirl.jpg (1778x2048, 179K)

They're alike in more ways than they are different. Zelda fans don't know how good they have it compared to the actual dips in quality other franchises have had.

Attached: 1562113255702.jpg (3950x2930, 1.35M)

No, the problem is that nobody understands nuance.

WW is my third favorite Zelda, TP is my fourth, but the fact is WW's story shits all over TP's and the TPfags ITT can't take any criticism of the game whatsoever

Attached: kGpRV5p.jpg (960x960, 37K)

this is just a thread to vote on which game you prefer, though?

That's fine, I'm just saying the thread is going about it like faggots.

Attached: NES Guide.jpg (991x864, 502K)

>t.
This braindead meme that no kid actually understands again. How about you kids just stop pretending this means anything and stop using it? Honestly, this just proves the label I give you all of Dumbest Generation.

>the WWfag ITT can't take any criticism of the game whatsoever
Fixed, it just one dude

well yeah, this is Yea Forums

I liked Wind Waker more, but both were good.

Yeah, me. This current discussion started when I criticized the story of TP here
And I've been responding to several anons ever since who still are missing the point

I actually just installed both of them on Wii U, I’ve never finished any Zelda game.

>Yeah, me. This current discussion started when I criticized the story of TP here
Were you the samefag who did the MM dump?

OoT is recommended before either. Both are derivative of it in different ways

Do you always get this mad over internet memes you don't understand?

Have fun with them user.
They're both pretty alright games.

I played TP, but not WW. Not a fan on how WW looks so I skipped it.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are better than either of them. I wished we got more of those touchscreen DS Zeldas, they were really comfy. It's a shame so many people refused to give them a chance purely based on the control method.

I got bored of OoT before hence why I never finished it. But I was kind of stupid, I would try it again. Seems like the best place to start, I’m also almost finished with LTTP, but I jump around to a lot of different games.

Well, it started when I was discussing what qualities we'd like Link to have. It started out as discussing OoT Link, but then one user brought TP Link into the discussion and I mentioned my problems with him

>Not a fan on how WW looks so I skipped it.
You're not missing much user. Just play the Minish Cap, it's the only good Toon Link game.

Oh right, you were talking about how much you didn't like tragic heroes. That's pretty gay user, tragic heroes are the best heroes.

Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

Did you actually play through the DS games? They're not bad at all, much better than WW/TP, and other 2D games like ALBW

But OoT Link isn't a good example of one to begin. His problem is that he's spent his life only acting on the whims of others. I feel no emotional connection him whatsoever because I don't see an emotional connection between him and what he's doing.In fact, the greatest tragedies of his life are bought on by the people who are supposed to be his friends. On the other hand, I do like TP Link. Just not how he's handled at the end of the gamr

I did and I thought they were all right, nothing to rave about. Good on roadtrips.

>His problem is that he's spent his life only acting on the whims of others.
Taking on Majora was his own undertaking. The kid lost his fairy, the companion who was there through the thick and thin in both timelines, and was able to let go through the experiences he dealt with in Termina.

>much better than WW/TP
>Phantom HourglassSpirit Tracks
>citation needed

He took on Majora because he didn't want to die when the moon dropped and it can be argued that he was holding up his agreement with the Happy Mask salesman to get back Majora's Mask

>The kid lost his fairy, the companion who was there through the thick and thin in both timelines
This is what I was referring to about his friends being the ones who wronged him most severely. Navi never had a good reason to leave without a word and this subplot is never resolved properly.

>was able to let go through the experiences he dealt with in Termina.
There's nothing to let go of. Navi should just stop being an asshole and comeback just as Zelda should've have been an asshole and sent him back to a childhood who was too traumatized to properly live. I'll take back what I said about not feeling sorry for him, but most of it is hatred for the supporting cast.

>citation needed
It's my opinion you fucking pleb

Zelda shouldn't*

>Navi should just stop being an asshole and comeback just as Zelda should've have been an asshole and sent him back to a childhood who was too traumatized to properly live.
And there's the tragic in Link hero. He was a young boy who was kicked face first into the real world without any real guidance. Obviously he "matured" by the end of it all and Navi took that as a sign to depart because he had "grown up." Zelda on the other hand was is to blame for all of this considering her naive action led to Ganondorf getting what he wanted.

I never said he isn't tragic, but the reasons for it are irritating as fuck and entirely preventable by characters with half a brain and an ounce of independence

>Obviously he "matured" by the end of it all and Navi took that as a sign to depart because he had "grown up."
Or she could've said, "we've been though a lot together and even though I could leave you now, I won't because I like you and I'd still like to be friends"

It only makes me more appreciative of WW telling a story of how stupid it all is and having the characters realize it so Link can have the happy ending he deserves

Were Link and Zelda actually friends in OoT though?

Yes, but it's really Stockholm Syndrome on Link's part

Are you sure?
Because it just seems like they have a mutual interest in protecting the world.

And Zelda fucks up Link's life with her terrible ideas on how to do it

>but the reasons for it are irritating as fuck and entirely preventable by characters with half a brain and an ounce of independence
Nobody knew what would happen because he pulled the MS from the stone.

Yes, she even lent him the OoT on his search for Navi.

Well that's the point isn't it?
They were both dumb kids that got completely outsmarted by an adult

Glad to see the superior game is winning. Nothing against tp fans but that game never wowed me the way WW did.

>Glad to see the superior game is winning.
But TP is losing.

But that doesn't justify the stupid shit that was done after. Link should've stayed in the future because Zelda admits the seal on Ganondorf is only temporary and Navi should've stayed with Link when he went back because he's an emotionally vulnerable kid who has nobody else and Navi knows that better than fucking anyone.

Tragic heroes work when the tragedy feels inevitable for the greater good. That works for Link losing seven years of his life so he can become the Hero of TIme but it's overshadowed by the people he was fighting for all treating him like dogshit afterwards

>But that doesn't justify the stupid shit that was done after.
Again, there was no WW or TP to show what would happen after OoT. I'm sure everyone back in 98 thought the story wrapped up nicely after Link got sent away.

But MM showed that it was a mistake in 2000. I thought OoT's ending was retarded the moment I saw it.

How did they treat Link like dogshit?
Also I wouldn't say Link would've been an emotionally vulnerable kid at the end of the game considering all the obstacles and trials he overcame.

>How did they treat Link like dogshit?
Navi left him without so much as a proper goodbye, never to be seen again. Zelda sent him back to a world which had nothing waiting for him and ultimately undid all of his hard work when Ganondorf destroyed Hyrule anyway

>But MM showed that it was a mistake in 2000.
It didn't, if anything it showed that Link was more than capable of taking on evil despite being a kid again and having no MS.

It showed that all he wanted out of life was to reunite with the friend who left him behind and he never gets it. Plus he comes off as emotionally traumatized. He leaves without even attending the carnival to celebrate

>half the TP defenses are just one user repeating himself and shoving his fingers in his ears.

Fixed that for you.

Only furries liked TP. It was bland and void of personality.

>Plus he comes off as emotionally traumatized.
Now you're just taking shit out of your ass, he never came off as traumatized. A traumatized person wouldn't make the three day in Termina.

There's more than one way to be traumatized and Link in MM feels like he's been through so much she that he's blocked out any notion of childhood and the emotions that go with it.

>A traumatized person wouldn't make the three day in Termina.
I'd argue that it's only because he was already fucked up that he made it

shut the fuck this is never implied, you are literally writing fanfiction.

Navi completed her duties, Zelda wanted Link have those 7 missing years back and Ganondorf was stopped in both timelines.

Then why wouldn't a kid go to a carnival?

So Navi finished her duties, but why not just stick around as a devoted friend?
Zelda already should have learned fucking with the flow of time is a bad idea. Why do it again?

>and Link in MM feels like he's been through so much she that he's blocked out any notion of childhood and the emotions that go with it.
This is beyond retarded, especially since Link helps out kids deal with their missing parents and vice versa, and a man trapped in a child's body and that's super important considering Link is in the same situation.

It is mysterious. Could be that we were both simply imprinted by her comfy prescence at a young age, and as such are basing our notion of perfect on HER and not vice-a-versa.

Attached: Saria.png (244x696, 155K)

>Then why wouldn't a kid go to a carnival?
Some kids legit don't like carnivals, retard. That doesn't make them traumatized vegetables.

He went to the Carnival, not as link but as Mikau, he was playing the guitar.
Is shown in the end credits.

Because Link could look after himself and Zelda was trying make it up to him.
Because god forbid you try to do the right fucking thing.

>Because god forbid you try to do the right fucking thing.
This, she knew she fucked up and says it in the end. Sending her back was her way of saying "I'm sorry, try to make the most out of it."

>This is beyond retarded, especially since Link helps out kids deal with their missing parents and vice versa, and a man trapped in a child's body and that's super important considering Link is in the same situation.
So because he's mentally an adult an acts like it in helping others. I never said he's a bad guy but he doesn't show the same level of emotion a child would in his situations

>Some kids legit don't like carnivals, retard.
Can you cite evidence of Link not liking carnivals? It's more evidence to me of someone who's given up on seeking personal enjoyment in live and only lives in service to others

Can anyone honestly look at the Hero's Shade and see this as someone who lived a fulfilling life with sound mental health

That's even more disturbing.

>Because god forbid you try to do the right fucking thing.
Considering she has the Triforce of Wisdom she should be beyond merely "trying" to do the right thing and actually realize the consequences of her actions

your argument when out the rails since is confirmed he went to the carnival, now what?

While pretending to be Mikau so the band performance doesn't fall apart. He's there on business, not for fun

to be honest, the master sword needed to be returned to it's place, link would have gone to his original time anyway, he was essentialy borrowing time.

But then what was the point of saving the "future" to begin with?

What the fuck else was she meant to do?
Being wise doesn't mean you're not subject to fucking up on occasion besides which hindsight is 20/20 she didn't know Ganondorf was playing her and Link like a fiddle.
She more than made it up to him by helping him out as Sheik and by giving him his childhood back

>Can you cite evidence of Link not liking carnivals?
Can you cite him having childhood trauma?

>Can anyone honestly look at the Hero's Shade and see this as someone who lived a fulfilling life with sound mental health
He was upset because he never got to pass on his skills and given what happened in the Gerudo Valley after Ganondorf got busted, I would too.

to save the past too, see the ending credits, link went to tell zelda what really happens, and he has the triforce as proof to show it, so even the king would believe him,
And that's exactly why TP exists.

The best Zelda is Triforce of Gods. Only woman who play video games for the "such a nerd lol" cred to get attention from boys say Ocarina of time is the best.

>What the fuck else was she meant to do?
Not make the same mistake twice. She "makes it up to him" by doing the exact same type of shit that fucked him over

>Can you cite him having childhood trauma?
The entireity of Ocarina of Time

>He was upset because he never got to pass on his skills and given what happened in the Gerudo Valley after Ganondorf got busted, I would too.
Exactly, his entire life became about fighting and shit. He was too anti-social to even find a student

But sending him back in a manner that gives Ganondorf the Triforce undermines any idea of preventing this shit.

>He was too anti-social to even find a student
Nigga he was too busy raising a family.

Then teach his fucking kid this stuff

Why teach someone how to fight in peacetime?

Because Ganondorf is still alive and he knows it

>The entireity of Ocarina of Time
>Exactly, his entire life became about fighting and shit. He was too anti-social to even find a student
Man had a wife and kids, other wise TP Link wouldn't have been around. Oh and the cemetery had a famed swordsman surrounded by the ghosts of soldiers. might've been him.

>Then teach his fucking kid this stuff
Great, now the Royal family have his kids and train them to be future ethnical cleansers.

For all he knew Ganondorf was executed.
Do you think Link is a fortune teller or a seer?

But he knows from experience that he's virtually immortal since he himself was forced to seal him

The Metacritic gods have spoken

>But sending him back in a manner that gives Ganondorf the Triforce undermines any idea of preventing this shit.
there was no way of preventing that shit, the moment ganondorf got the triforce of power, it was his forever.
The goddess put a dumbass rule on the triforce that reads:
>lol if you take a part of the triforce to the past, the choosen ones would get their part too!!
and a quick reminder that the same goddess could flood hyrule.
>ganon is too dangareous, have some water. deal with it

is not that the goddeses didn't care they were straight up assholes.

>is not that the goddeses didn't care they were straight up assholes.
Or perhaps they realized that this was what the people needed to begin to realize they were better off without Hyrule and the Triforce

I prefer TP over WW, but neither are close to being my favorite. I really prefer 2D Zelda over 3D.

The Goddesses were long gone by the time of WW, this was a botched job that screams Hylia.

I think I like Wind Waker more overall, but I would rather have a darker tone like Twilight Princess has. Here's hoping that BOTW2 accomplished that. They've seemingly been following the unused concept art so far.

Attached: medium_breath.png (600x305, 144K)

Or they were forced to do it because they royally screwed the pooch.

Yes, Hyrule was a mistake

the goddesses made the triforce or at least the triforce are the goddesses.

>the people needed to begin to realize they were better off without Hyrule
Is that why they named their new country New Hyrule and let another royal family govern them?

How was it a mistake?

And who did they leave it with? I'll give you a hint: she the progenitor of the royal family, jobbed to Akuma, got Link cursed, plays a harp.

The Kingdom of New Hyrule is populated largely by immigrants from the World of the Ocean King. Most importantly, it doesn't have a Triforce to start shit over

The Triforce would be forever coveted by villains and have wars started over it

That is not the fault of the land.

>Most importantly, it doesn't have a Triforce to start shit over
That didn't stop niggas from starting conflict as noted in ST.

But the Triforce is what defined Hyrule. Zelda founded the kingdom to protect and watch over it

Yes, but that was a generic big bad that was there before them and who's now dead. They have no reason to be worried about this constantly happening

>They have no reason to be worried about this constantly happening
>someone didn't play SS
I envy that, I really do.

>Ending of SS is Demise creating Ganondorf
>WW permakills him
>Never appears afterwards
Seems fine to me

doesn't matter, Hylia didn't invent the Triforce, she did not set the rules for it, the goddesses did.
as far as we know these are the rules
>Whoever touches the triforce gets it's wish conceeded
>however, if the person that touches the triforces leans towards one side of the three powers, the triforce will divide, one part for the claimer, and the rest for the choosen ones.
>that being said, if the three parts of the triforce return AGAIN, the holder can make his true wish.
>Also, if you return to the past, second rule will apply.

the last rule is total bullshit and should not exist, TP ganondorf didn't earn his part.

SS set in stone that there will always be a hero, princess and bad guy. We had it in BotW and that's the combined timeline of every Zelda. So it's going to happen eventually.

No the people are what define the kingdom of Hyrule.
And the follies of mankind are not to be blamed on a singular person or hell even the goddesses.
But now I'm starting to type like some pretentious asshole so I'll just leave it at this.

>if you return to the past with a part of the triforce*
forgot to mention.

But perhaps the King wished the cycle out of existence

>TP ganondorf didn't earn his part.
He's the divine punishment sent from the Goddesses to rectify the atrocities committed against the Gerudo people by the Royal family.

He asked for clay.

t. Ganondorf

Makes more sense given the state of the Gerudo temple in TP, plus after what happened in SS, the Royal family deserves a flick to the sack.

nah is never implied that the gerudo were punished, after all, oot link knew the gerudo were good.
The gerudo probably left hyrule.
the arbiter's ground existed waaaay before OoT happens if the origins of the twili stories are correct.

>Link went to the Carnival, not as himself but as Mikau playing guitar. It's shown in the end credits.
based af

Attached: 150px-Classic_Super_Sonic.png (150x233, 36K)

>he arbiter's ground existed waaaay before OoT happens if the origins of the twili stories are correct
Has the snake lady like the one in OoT, so obviously it has some religious meaning to it, but it's in a prison and given how shady shit in Hyrule can get, it's not a bad theory.

NOOO TPbros how could this happen??? I thought we were the best... all we need is an SS option to determine which is the best of the worst

you have to remember that Hyrule was somewhat in war before OoT and only achieved peace recently in the period we play the game.

who the fuck compares WW & TP anyway
it was like voting for Trump or Hillary
I didn't vote.

Why wouldn't you, they play almost exactly the same and have the same linear storyline progression in terms of how the game is structured.

this proves me correct