Breath of the Wild

Just beat this and I really liked it . I know I am late to the party but what did you guys think about it?

Attached: The-Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-1114404.jpg (590x350, 43K)

I don't like the fact that they opted for a bunch of mini-dungeons and the lack of proper temples and equipment based progression. However I will concede that the movement feels amazing; Just Cause: The Zeldur 'Gem

One of my favorite Zeldas

I'm 30 my favorite is OoT been playing Zelda since NES and finished this one about 4 times, one was on Master.

Pretty good looking forward to the next one

The sequel should be even better
Link's Awakening remake will much be better

Attached: NintendoSwitchRanked.png (2723x1472, 3.56M)

It was good. Repeat playthroughs were lacking compared to other Zelda games but all in all a good time. Hoping the sequel has real dungeons because if theyre using the same damn map its gonna get old fast.

Link's Awakening is going to be so fucking awesome, it and Metroid 2 were my first pair of gameboy games really. It's such a dreamy and surreal experience.

very good game with some huge flaws
this makes me even more interested for the sequel

One of the best games of this generation, if not the best. Dragon Quest 11 is my second favorite, but only because I like the genre and not because of innovation. My most hated game mechanics were open world and breakable weapons but somehow botw made me forget all about it.

Yeah, I can't wait to see what they'll do.
It's a longshot but considering how popular basebuilding has been in the last few years and how Zelda's last lines in BotW are about rebuilding Hyrule, perhaps we'll see that mechanic in BotW2?

Durability system and moveset variety is a huge stain on otherwise an excellent concept with probably the most impresive gameplay implementation of physics.

It got a 50 hour playthrough out of me, so I can't say it's bad. Having said that, there's alot of smaller QOL issues I have with it, and they made it impossible for me to come back to it. Alot of the design choices they made feel contradictory and they actively work against eachother.

I was disappointed by the samey dungeon design and tossing out of a lot of long time series staples like dungeon items, but the open world aspect was done really well. Hoping they'll address the dungeon issue in the sequel but I doubt dungeon items will come back. I still kind of prefer the older Zelda formula though to be honest.

Since I just bought a switch I'm playing it through for the 3rd time. Still finding new shit. This game is comfy bros.

How do you go about fixing the reward loop in the game while still promoting exploration?

Too often I'd walk into some shrine and get some cool weapon only to have it break after two enemy encounters. With weapons rapidly breaking all the time you have to find something new to fight with, so you explore a little and fight a bandit camp or something and come out of that with a rusty sword or a tree branch or something much weaker than what can be found in a shrine. The weapon durability makes me want to explore the game world to seek out new weapons but only to find weaker stuff than what I had before, korok poop etc make me not want to explore.

Also the rain sucks

Attached: tree branch botw.jpg (1280x720, 275K)

Durability is literally none issue since the game throws weapons at you constantly.

why do you rank lets go evee and pikachu differently?

Attached: s.jpg (164x120, 5K)

Go beat a couple divine beasts and you will find good shit in random enemy camps

>about to light the hateno village torches
>rain for the next 3 weather cycles
>go sleep at the inn
>by the time i get back to the blue flame it starts raining again

fuck man

durability in this game is a joke, master sword breaks instead of dulls? what??

it really should have dulled down to like 5-10 damage or something and link should be able to punch for like 1 damage

oh well missed opportunity