Fine!, it didn't age well

Fine!, it didn't age well.

Attached: 5910dec15bafe368b24d5b2c.jpg (323x433, 26K)

You can't improve perfection.

Attached: halflife1.jpg (220x315, 33K)

but it did

Attached: 312.jpg (1920x1080, 588K)

The visuals are rather stunning

Did you disable antialiasing? Why?

>antialiasing in 2019
user, stop.

It's not like you even have a good monitor to be able to make that claim

Other games can't compete with this, you can go back and engine a good looking and nice feeling romp through a very cool world to this day.

>there are still so-called AAA games made in 2004+15 that have worse facial animation than Half-Life 2
What went wrong?

A lot of devs phone it in with a scan and cheap mo-cap. Valve made the faces from scratch using references and did the animation by hand

I don't know, but if you made me guess I would say over reliance on sutscenes caused the game engines' development to be neglected
Some games really are a bizarre nightmare for no reason. Xenoblade 2's animations are always inhuman and out of sync no matter which way you approach it

Half-Life is an awful series and deserved to die. If I could enter video games, the first thing I would do, before peacefully retiring to the world of Dota where I could finally know true happiness, is enter the end of Half-Life 2: Episode Two and take a big fucking shit on Eli's corpse while Alyx and Gordon watch, then cum in both of their faces, because that is what Half-Life and its UNCOUTH playerbase deserves.

the only thing that didnt age well is the crappy story and gameplay the graphics are still acceptable

nothing went right

shut up, you’re a double nigger

it went to peace sleepfully

>crappy story and gameplay
have you seen video games today

It was never that remarkable but it aged decently well.

voice actor + mocap =/= actual actor. Mocap acting is especially hard because you have to fake emotions towards some faggot in spandex instead of being immersed in set design and costumes. This plus devs not hiring actual directors makes cutscenes look janky and fake.

Attached: maefi.png (620x348, 178K)

it aged fine it just doesn't have *that* much replay potential and the existence of Gmod kind of makes a lot of the gameplay pointless when you can experience a more pure form of it on plenty of maps, against better AIs, and with different tools and vehicles
the Episodes had much better thought out gameplay than HL2

It has mods unlike crappy modern games.