Do you record yourself playing video games, user?

do you record yourself playing video games, user?
why not start a yt letsplay channel?
it would motivate you to actually play video games and make it a productive pastime too.

Attached: maxresdefault.png (500x363, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jL2SX7-hxcs
youtube.com/watch?v=SYZm_ErTh_s
youtube.com/watch?v=87nMEZE5s-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I didn't start playing video games 30 years ago for validation. I play video games to have fun. Fuck other people.

Attached: 1251488869061.png (526x472, 35K)

Varyana is better, but that isn't saying much.

Only record a few things if i feel like it like a specific mission or boss fight, mostly to show it off to my friends

Attached: Kurapika is too fucking OP.webm (924x520, 2.12M)

God I love ASMR. Nothing better than some whispering waifus

I'm already doing that though

I do challenges on my favorite games and I'm at 69k subs

Why would I participate in a modern day gold rush?

>validation
why not share the fun you had with other people. doesn't have to be about validation.

The compulsion to share it is seeking validation. That's literally the motivation behind it. Have you never put a single thought into why you do anything you do?

>he thinks subs mean anything
it's all about the views per video, honestly.
you could have 1mil subs, but if you only have 20k views per video on average then something shady is going on with your sub count.

>The compulsion to share it is seeking validation.
i don't agree necessarily.
putting up a vid of you having fun =/= wanting to be validated.

do it for the fun, not money or fame.

>recorded some gameplay
>about to upload to youtube
>instantly get nervous and end up just deleting it instead
how do I stop being such a sperg....

Watch some Godzilla, you'll man up

Attached: 1561959728375.jpg (720x1052, 74K)

It 100% is wanting validation. You want other people to see it. You put your name on it. You want other people to recognize and acknowledge you and what you're doing. You're seeking them to validate your behavior and reinforce it in order to make yourself feel better about your decisions. You're insecure and you don't even know why.

If you're having fun you don't need outside validation. You're using video games as a means to an end; a tool to gather social standing among people you would share it with. I'm not like you. I play video games with intrinsic motivations. I.E. for fun.

Why the fuck doesn't youtube show upload dates anymore? Are they finally trying to 1984 us for real?

unretard thyself

Attached: file.png (512x73, 13K)

Works on my machine.

Attached: 1.png (681x169, 20K)

I know ones that say "published" still work but plenty don't
youtube.com/watch?v=jL2SX7-hxcs

The Simpsons - I'm Tired of These Jokes About My Giant Hand
16.425 visualizações•Publicado em 31 de out de 2016

16,425 views • Published on Oct 31, 2016

I stream. I average 10-15 engaged viewers (200~ total), most of whom are chinese, a couple are korean.
I have a press account to most korean games publishers, so I get into most closed betas and shit without any hassle. Not like it means much, most companies are downsizing their pc divisions heavily, nexon scrapped almost their entire pc mmo lineup outside of project BBQ, netmarble doesn't do pc games at all, pmang is bleeding users, happyoz is dead.

I now realize its my text size settings that fuck it up, guess I am retarded after all.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (902x440, 70K)

i want to stream myself playing games but never give any attention to the state of the actual stream or chat or anything while playing like i normally do, like streaming into the void

holy crap lois

Kinda unrelated but I love how Vinny from Vinesauce pretends not to hate trannies

>will you play anodyne 2, a game made by a tranny that is exactly the type of game you love?
>nah demo didn’t “””do it””” for me

>hey you’re playing minecraft where are the bees?
>oh I can’t update because of this mod, someone is totally looking into it

IM GONNA
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Attached: 1568229407145.png (558x861, 216K)

just hit upload, user.
don't be afraid.
first move is always the hardest.

Seems pointless to even stream at that point, the entire reason to stream is to have the interaction and let other people see you play, and be able to interact with them.
What do you even get out of it if you don't interact?

that's some hardcore reaching my man

Attached: Untitled.png (799x289, 63K)

so what of it?

I like channels with subscribers in the hundreds or fewer than a thousand or two. It's just comfier.

That's the point. Someone said it wasn't about seeking validation. I corrected them. End of story.

thats impossible now

if i want to have fun and stream BL3, there is a SHIT TON of people also playing.

you know HOW FUCKING MANY people are at 0 viewers!?

I only play oldass games and I ain't as cute as Arino so what's the point

Im too lazy and im too lazy to edit. No one wants to hear me say nigger 40 times well falling into instant death/spikes on Blasphemous. Id have to beat the game and edit or do a 2nd playthrough when I know where all the cancer is.

that's something I never understood, why would you ever let yourself sit at 0 viewers?
You can literally fudge 5 viewers from your own IP before it stops you from getting more. turn on your phone and a couple browser tabs, fuck, you're above 99% of other people right there.

Kind of want to start streaming but my internet literally isn't fast enough.

recording and editing > streaming
steraming is a brain dead activity.
when you record your videos actually go trhough audio and video editing phases which team you lifelong skills and make you think creatively, friend.

Attached: i-love-when-anime-girls-look-above-they-look-so-37478684.png (500x544, 142K)

this

Attached: despair.jpg (500x767, 110K)

nothing wrong with wanting validation.

From strangers on internet? Yes there is you zoomers are fucked

If it's validation you're seeking playing video games is a waste of your time. Clearly it's extremely ineffective unless you're a girl streamer with fat tits.

What's your speed? I know aussies who stream with ~500 bitrate. Stick to games with low screen movement. turn based jrpgs with static cameras and stuff. gen 1-4 pokemon is great. 5 is alright.

add in one or two bots chatting and boom, 7-8 people!

OP said nothing about streaming. check your reading comprehension.

>No one wants to hear me say nigger 40 times well falling into instant death/spikes on Blasphemous
you will never know unless you try.

Attached: file.png (833x171, 19K)

I've uploaded videos of my playing games badly on easy mode on YouTube. The key is to not give a fuck, just having fun and hit upload, it's not like it's going to change the life of 99% of the people that hit the upload button, mine sure didn't.

bots usually don't count towards viewercount because they're usually just that, chatbots. chat does not equate to viewcount at all, which is why I laugh every time I see people saying "LOOK VIEWBOTS" and listing off a bunch of chinese accounts with generic names because twitch doesn't support chinese/korean/jap unicode in it's username system.

Actual viewbots cost way more money than would be worth to start off. Just play a game with 1000-5000 viewers (and not all on one person) so you know there are people watching it, and potentially looking for new people to watch, bump yourself up to 5 viewers, and people will join.

Having bots in the chat means nothing, you need to be talking. Constant verbal diarrhea. Stream of consciousness never shutting the fuck up. That's what people want. They want background noise.

same shit

how do you make vids with the SAME SHIT everyone else has done since 2010 doing lets plays and shit?

i even hit some obscure shit and its some vinny faggot sauce who already did it like 8 years ago. why fucking bother with news either? everyone is covering the same shit!!!!!!!

don't stream. record, edit and upload instead.
streaming is a cancerous activity.

You are talking with a stranger on the internet right now. How is that any better?

You could easily manage a 400 bitrate stream with 126kb audio. the key is in game choice though, because at that low of bitrate screen refresh is going to create awful pixellation and artifacting.

>zoomers
>hates women
Have sex

So you admit you're wrong. You've posted without a rebuttal to the points.

this fells gets it
hope you have fun, user!

That's an entirely different thing why are you being obtuse in your insults?

>do you record yourself playing video games, user?
Only on occasion to test what m equipment can do. I've had toasters for most of my life so the concept of putting up play through videos didn't come to mind until like last year.
>why not start a yt letsplay channel?
Because I'm planning on doing an art channel. Though I want to start on VidLii for a lower pressure environment. I might also put stuff on Mastodon's PeerTube instance as well.

>same shit
no, it's not.
i suggest you try before making invalid assumptions in your head.

fuck that shit
if no one is watching you, its just sad to see someone mumbling on about what is happening in the game like chat IS there.

how do you REALLY get off the ground?
fucking luck! no one gives two shits about what you say, your not unique, everyone else has your opinion and someone else has said it sometime before.

fuck all this shit, i want my damn MONEY!
fuck PDP
fuck lyric
fuck them all

i can yell and scream and call people faggots too! say wacky shit! HURRRRRRRRRRR

WHERE
IS
MY
EASY
LIFE
PLAYING
GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>lol bro but its like not. like stuff is all surface level lol

fucking retard

my computer is old or else i would, user

Its not the same thing but i am pretty sure you have wanted some validation when you have wrote something here too, and i havent insulted anyone

here's my rebuttal:
nothing wrong with wanting validation from others, no matter who you are.

It's luck, yes, but you can significantly stack the deck in your favor to gather a small userbase that will stick with you. Having 20 viewers is basically a pre-requisite to getting anywhere on twitch, but it's a lot faster to grow from that point on if you have dedicated viewers.

>it's sad to see someone mumbling on
if you're mumbling on, you don't have the charisma or personality to be streaming, full stop. Just give up. You have to be nearly psychopathic and unflinching to keep up the facade day in and day out.

No, I just wrote my opinion. You can take it further and say I'm insecure because I've answered your reply but it's running in circles.

You wanting to reinvent the wheel or some shit? I watched a guy finishing KH3 for the first time like a week ago, the guy struggles to pull even 10 views on his videos when they're fresh and by this time a lot of people have already played and watched people playing the game, but i still watched the guy anyway because he's a pretty chill and honest dude and watching him do his thing feels pretty therapeutic to the point it didn't matter if he's playing a game thousands already played on youtube
In other words: youtube.com/watch?v=SYZm_ErTh_s

My voice doesn't sound good when recorded and I talk like a psychopath

seek help

I didn't say it was wrong. I said it's not why I play my fucking video games. If you play your video games for validation you're a fucking moron because it's a huge waste of time relative to all sorts of things that would garner you more validation for less effort. Video games are entertainment, you dumb ass. If you're not intrinsically entertained by them enough to not seek out external motivations then it turns out you don't fucking like playing video games.

Attached: 1324386288789.jpg (500x556, 46K)

buy a new computer, user.

im not that user but you're anonymous here faggot if you havent noticed. what sort of validation are we getting here? not to mention we're discussing and communicating. very different than recording and posting a video of you doing something with the intent of having other people watch. you're not a very logical thinker i dont think explaining things further is worth it

I want to do video game animations like mario kart but mario is racist.

would any of you niggers be interested in a youtube channel that plays through obscene/offensive romhacks?

Are you cute?

why

Don't attempt to criticize people for their intellectual prowess when you can't be bothered to type decent English.

>If you play your video games for validation you're a fucking moron
i disagree

That's because you're a moron. Describe to me how much validation you've gotten playing video games and how much time you've invested into seeking that validation.

yes

just for fun. to spice things up.

Does that autist Justin Y still infest comment sections?

I record myself and upload it but I just use it to store shit I don't have room for anymore, I have no interest in making a career out of it.
Shit taste in ASMR

It doesnt have to be with some on you can see or someone you know. Im pretty sure that you get somewhat pleased when someone agrees with you when you post your opinion or some likes what you have posted. Thats validation if dont get the defenition completly wrong

>That's because you're a moron.
settle down, okay.

to make more frens.

Well, I'm in preproduction of a review series on all of the DQ games. I've played and recorded 1 with half of the script. It's going to be the first project I'll do seriously for Youtube.

Attached: 1567995921681m.jpg (1024x603, 99K)

ok if you say so

>Im pretty sure that you get somewhat pleased when someone agrees with you when you post your opinion or some likes what you have posted.
you make it sound like it's a bad thing. like racist-tier bad.

>settle down, okay.
Do what I told you to do if you want to continue with this fucking argument. You want to advocate the idea of playing video games for validation. Back up your claim. Tell me about what you do and why you do it. If you believe the shit that's coming out of your mouth then this should be easy.

You know you're a fucking idiot and you got called out for it. You felt shame for wanting validation and now you're scrambling to find a way to justify your desire in a way that doesn't make you look like a 10-year old insecure little girl.

sure, not like matters because there isnt a snowballs chance in hell of me ever using a webcam

What about your voice?

how long is it shaping up to be? Unironically it might be better to split it into two parts if it's going to be longer than 30 minutes, splitting into 2d and 3d.

This. Upward is better.

>do you record yourself playing video games, user?
No
why not start a yt letsplay channel?
Because I'm not interesting and have nothing to say. And no one would watch it.
>it would motivate you to actually play video games and make it a productive pastime too.
Any editing or trouble-shooting I'd have to do would make it more trouble than it's worth.

Make what sound bad?

>Do what I told you to do if you want to continue with this fucking argument
no thank you.

Well it's going to be one video per game and seeing as how every game in the series gets even longer than the last then I calculate that the videos will go from 7 minutes to 30 or even 50.

This is you admitting I'm right. That's what happens when you run away from an argument. Losers run away in shame.

>And no one would watch it.
even if you say nothing there are people out there who will watch your vids because they like whether you want to believe it or not.
you learn fun and creative skills that you can use to make entertaining content to share with everyone.

oh, that's more than I expected. I'd go with calling them retrospectives as opposed to reviews, people like short 'reviews' but they like deep dive' retrospectives', just an SEO tip. I figured you were gonna do like a 40 minute breakdown of each title lasting 4-5 minutes.

>This is you admitting I'm right.
is it?

>This is you admitting I'm right
Are you seeking validation?

>record for 1 hour
>77.4GB .mp4

It absolutely is. You've failed to back up what you claimed. You're now refusing to engage in the argument you created.

This isn't a video game. This is Yea Forums. We communicate here.

>14 minutes of fake whispers

Everytime I see this shit I can't help but wonder what's the REAL solution Google will make to MGS2's problem of complete saturation of the internet with complete fucking useless bullshit

>This isn't a video game. This is Yea Forums. We communicate here.
I wasn't aware that streamers are unable to communicate with his viewers

why are you recording lossless, what the fuck. Record 1080p, absolute max. Most people watch video in 720p since they watch on their phones.

How about you make a fucking point if you're going to participate? Say what you want to say. Do you play video games in order to make yourself feel better by having people acknowledge that you play video games? Or do you play video games for fun?

And don't try to say both. One is more important than the other.

I did it 9 years ago to help me play video games that I would never normally play. It worked, but I stopped having fun after 3 years and I quit. Managed to get a small following and a few friends. 4/10, would never do it again.

>I figured you were gonna do like a 40 minute breakdown of each title lasting 4-5 minutes.
Ha... I wish it was like that. And retrospectives? That's not a bad idea.

Pretty much this.
It's really easy to end up warping your perception of why you play games in the first place.
You should be able to enjoy a game on your own rather than needing to have other people watching it to make it a "productive pastime".
It can lead to self doubt and depression.
I stream from time to time because the chat interaction can be nice and I'll record cool shit or glitches, but you have to be careful to not let it be about chasing views and having people care about you.

Attached: 1560110071617.png (4000x3530, 72K)

is it lossless?
i'm recording at native res of 1080p at 30fps.

Attached: Capture.png (741x461, 25K)

You not answering me means you know you're full of shit
And yes i will say both, this subject isn't black or white regardless of what your fucked up mind convinced you of

This is because you are ashamed that you are seeking validation like an insecure child. Video games are not your hobby. They're my hobby. Socializing is your hobby, and you use video games to accomplish it. You and I are not the same.

Attached: 1306457983210.jpg (504x378, 48K)

why not both?

would you say you were being youself in the vids or did you fake it with screams and funny faces?
that might the reason why you quit.

is creating a review channel a good idea or is it just a retarded idea

Damn right we're not the same, i have fun sharing my hobby with other people that also have interest in it, thus achieving validation as you put it, while you're seeking validation on a korean pottery forum about how one should have fun

I already do that and it pays my bills.

youtube.com/watch?v=87nMEZE5s-g

Attached: JFJ_idle-happy.png (872x990, 389K)

Because any attempt at seeking validation subverts the intrinsic motivation to play the game. You do not feel the compulsion to seek out validation if you are fulfilled already. If you find yourself thinking "this game is fun, but it would be better if all of my friends knew I was playing this game", then playing the game is no longer your goal. Getting validation from your friends is your goal.

>make it a productive pastime too.
No. Being more time consuming does not make something productive.

Why would you ever post your youtube here

Except there's literally no other reason you would make that statement other than validation. If you actually felt that way, you wouldn't have responded in the first place.

same reason 8-bit Brody does.

Educating people about what is going on inside their own heads because they are deluding themselves is not seeking validation. This is Yea Forums you fucking moron. I'm anonymous. There is no social credit to be garnered here. All of these posts are written for your benefit. You're too fucking stupid and egotistical to recognize that you need to take a good damn look at yourself and think about why you do the shit you do, because you're wasting your time playing video games when what you want is to be acknowledged by other people. There's a thousand better ways to do that.

Video games are entertainment; not a vessel for you to hold your existential anxiety at bay.

>AMD
ouch.
anyway that doesn't show the bitrate you're recording in.
For example, twitch supports no higher than 5000 bitrate unless you work it into your partner (not affiliate) contract, or are a major business/corporation. Youtube supports no higher (or rather, it re-encodes with a cap of) 15k bitrate.

I imagine you probably followed some youtube meme guide that said "LOL SET IT TO 50,000 BITRATE" right?

And Yea Forums isn't a video game. I come to Yea Forums to talk and post pictures. I'm anonymous. There is no validation that can be gained here. I'm not a fucking tripfag. Shut the fuck up about shit you clearly don't understand.

Which is? And who is that?

>tfw 2 loyal viewers on Twitch

There's something really ironic about being called egotistical by someone trying to act like an avatar of truth because he can only see in binaries

Youtube is objectively the worst place to host videos even at the low low price of free.

Cut Google out of your life.

typed on my android phone

And yet here you are responding without any sort of argument or point to the contrary. You're not going to be able to make me feel bad for being correct, you idiot. You deserve to be ridiculed for acting like seeking validation is what people should be doing while playing video games. That's absurd.

Fake screams and yelling at first because (I'm not joking) I thought that's what you were "supposed to do". Never showed my face because I grew up in the "never give personal details on the internet" age. I eventually mellowed out and I stopped getting hated for being a screaming idiot by viewers that weren't regular viewers.
I quit because I somehow obtained the ironic weeaboo audience. I don't mean the "only watches seasonals and likes Neptunia and Senran Kagura but doesn't play them" ironic, I mean pic related. I was being honest with my interest in anime (including Neptunia, Atelier, Senran Kagura, etc) and eventually grew to hate most of my audience. I nuked the channel and tried starting again under new usernames, but some of my viewers were autistic enough to find me and would tell each other.

Attached: file.png (720x728, 590K)

why not both?

whoever draws these must be the most insecure person on this whole site

see

>acting like seeking validation is what people should be doing while playing video games.
Ouch, you punched my strawman so hard even i could feel it. I said i have fun sharing my hobbie with other people who also share the same interests, i didn't say this is how you or Joseph or Renata should have fun. You do you, i do me, and your "you" has absolutely no power over how i have my fun no matter how hard you try to turn this into a social commentary

it's just uses a preset so im not sure the bitrate. but i don't stream. i just record.