2012:

2012:
>The beloved Fahter of Mega Man and one of Gaming's Godfathers

2019:
>Con artist fraud who makes bad games

Has anyone else had a bigger reputation fall than Keiji Inafune?

Attached: Keiji-Inafune[1].jpg (1250x796, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_(character)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wasn't he just the character artist? Also the characters looked like shit before someone else improved them.

I don't remember seeing anything about that since it's kickstarter announcement, but I gotta admit I was curious.

Cliffy B. At least Keiji is japanese and we never hear the drivel coming out of his mouth every day.
Cliff on the other hand was a real piece of shit. All that time he wasted on twitter could've been used to fix his game and/or listen to fan feedback. But of course he didn't.

Artist and illustrator. For MM1, he designed Bomb Man and Elec man. He has a handful of designs for the series, but Zero is his most notable and famous. Then due to seniority (most of the other MM devs had left by this point) after Tokiro Fujiwara left, Inafune was promoted to MM series main producer. After that he kept getting promoted until he was the head of R&D for the entire company, and one of the top 10 most important in Capcom.

Sort of absurd when you think of it. His first jobs were to do the avatar art for Street Fighter 1, and designs for MM1. His end job was only a few steps below the bloody CEO.

>Sort of absurd when you think of it
Not really, that's how companies worked for centuries: promote from within and train people up for life.
This is why boomers are so adamant about corporate loyalty, back in the day your employer kept you fed for life.

The free-wheeling mercenary attitude today's youth have is a result of companies hiring new management from outside, turning what used to be a lifepath into a dead-end job.

That is how Japan mostly operates too, even today. But it's kinda nuts to see guys like Inafune, Igarashi, Kamiya, and Nomura, start in relatively small positions, and then get promoted to positions that have absolutely nothing with their original skillset. That looks like Peter Principle in action.

Inafune kept getting promoted until he got to an area hwere he was awufl. He was a good artist, good series producer, good manager, and good low level corporate officer. Then he blew it as head of R&D with his outsourcing mess and pushing failed abortion projects like Bionic Commando 2009.

that game btw is what got Inafune and Judd pushed out of the company.

>The free-wheeling mercenary attitude today's youth have is a result of companies hiring new management from outside, turning what used to be a lifepath into a dead-end job.
Loyalty earns loyalty. These companies actively purge long term employees and then bitch about high turn over rates because there's no one to train new guys.

Reminder you were all warned way back in 2012 and nobody listened

Attached: 1549153753398.png (599x231, 22K)

Cliffy B
Oatmeal-Cookie Itagaki
Tim Sweeney

That wasn’t a warning, it was Kamiya making a distinction between a producer and a director. He said the same thing about Atsushi Inaba, and he has nothing but respect for Inaba. That comment was in response to someone asking Kamiya what he thought of Inafune’s games; Kamiya was explaining that Inafune is a producer/businessman, he doesn’t actually make games.

He is not the father of Mega Man, he's a Con Man

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_(character)

>He was created by Akira Kitamura for the first Mega Man game released in 1987

you could have made a thread about how igarashi managed to avoid the inafune curse and pull off bloodstained but instead you had to give more attention to mighty number 2

I wish I knew more about how Inafune's peers viewed him because I don't think he was that well-liked.

That's still a warning. The MM fanbase had this over inflated view of Infaune since he was the only one doing interviews. They thought he created and directed all the games (But somehow not the bad ones?). He was the producer and series spokes-man.

>you could have made a thread about how igarashi managed to avoid the inafune curse and pull off bloodstained

Almost. He's not out of the woods yet. The game is a total mess (even if it's an enjoyable one), and the release barely any features were complete, and the Switch port is an outright disaster.

It can serve as one but Kamiya meant it as a clarification, not some sort of dig at the guy.

Bill Cosby.

I gotta say Oatmeal is the realest answer in this thread. That dude got BTFO'd into obscurity so hard I forgot he existed for years despite "enjoying" DoA stuff. Secondary answer would be Kojima after MGSV. Konami for sure added fuel to that fire but ultimately the dude blew a hundred million dollars on half a game then fucked off. I'm still openly mad about it and am hoping DS is trash so the rest of his fanbase (aside from the hardest of cumguzzlers) move on to better things.

Attached: Dafuq-What-The-Fuck-Shit-Weird-Parrot-Reaction-GIF.gif (500x333, 557K)

Todd

I think the problem with Kamiya's comment is that he was still very honest when saying he didn't like MN9, and even if he has respect for businessmen, he still didn't hold any positive opinions on his new project (or the games he helped create for the matter being).