The next DLC character is Doomguy

After the Terry trailer i have noticed an unusual pattern with the DLC so far

Don't you find it odd how the Xbox was heavily promoted in Banjo's video? Don't you find it odd how Nintendo went out of the way to acknowledge the existance of the Neo Geo Console in Terry's trailer despite that being minor and never been done before with other characters like Sonic? How Joker got in despite Persona being exclusive to Playstation and is still loyal to the platform despite Joker being in Smash? How Nintendo has been promoting Dragon Quest now that 11 is on the Switch and how the series has been represented in Smash thanks to its roots on the NES?

Nintendo Switch, Playstation and Xbox are the biggest gaming platforms of our current generation, however, there's another platform missing, PC Gaming. And who exactly is the biggest PC character to represent PC Gaming as a whole? Exactly, the pioneer of FPS.

Joker = Playstation Rep
Hero = Nintendo Rep
Banjo and Kazooie = Xbox Reps
Terry = Arcade/Neo Geo Rep
Doomguy = PC Rep

Attached: Fighters Pass.png (3362x768, 2.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DabosoO4gKM
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/BEMANI×東方Project_Ultimate_MasterPieces
sourcegaming.info/2016/12/16/the-substantial-barrier-of-aaa-games-sakurai-col-514/
sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/
sourcegaming.info/2017/07/12/feelofamericangames/
youtu.be/VAYuXUIHB8U
youtu.be/bL91scCpc6M
youtu.be/HKZfVCW3PUE
youtu.be/u6jNyqffUok
youtu.be/khbd5Pcj9g4
youtu.be/EzqasS2_L3U
youtu.be/8yG9jlG6hvA
youtu.be/xl_KiItwuhs
youtu.be/VsaKw1WgXNw
youtu.be/qJxQX7Bhmzw
youtu.be/uzqBkXT1FAg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>patternigging

no you fucking moron it's crash
patternfags never learn

Finna be Kunio bitches

Attached: file.png (250x250, 88K)

this is who it will actually be

Here’s your indie rep, bros.

Attached: 09863F1E-132C-49EA-B256-91C4DD1C71BA.jpg (3872x1892, 2.04M)

The last 3 DLC characters are Shantae, Geno, and Sora. Shantae is the 5th fighter pass character. Geno and Sora are going to be sold individually sometime next year.

>Sakurai repping the japanese old guard like crazy because they earned that respect
>SMT Atlus, DQ Enix, Fatal Fury SNK
>Banjo is the only outlier, just like K. Rool, even framed with the same trailer
>Kunio has 50 games in japan, all well loved, one of the few jp games with a massive modding community, recent localizations of the jp games and even a new western game

FINNA BE KUNIO MOTHER FUCKERS

Attached: TurboStoneHands.webm (1066x438, 1.31M)

>477885943
supreme shit taste

Doom 64 is possibly a timed exclusive for Switch.

LEARN HOW TO REPLY YOU FUCKING NEWFAG

@477886418
>implying i wanted to give you a (you)

Attached: maybe you're autistic.jpg (1024x768, 131K)

sup carmack

LMAO it's already on PC

Here's your PC rep bro

Attached: Arthas-gardner-wow-phroi-lichking-final-small.jpg (1043x1350, 283K)

>Joker = Playstation Rep
>Hero = Nintendo Rep

Attached: cb59bef1cf85428c18279f7b563e24ea.jpg (480x360, 25K)

That's entirely missing the point.

Care to show me a mainline Persona game that isn't exclusive to Playstation and a Square Enix Console?

Exactly, Persona is a Playstation Series and Dragon Quest is a legendary Nintendo Series.

>implying nublizzard wont force overwatch

Doomguy will never get in Smash
Go back to your shit genre & never come back

saying Dragon Quest is a nintendo rep here is retarded and false equivalence or something.

>DQ
>Nintendo
what are you talking about

Arthas or Garrosh would be sex but they'd probably push for the most boring and shitty choice possible, Tracer

>Dragon Quest is a legendary Nintendo Series

Attached: dq.png (653x445, 415K)

imagine being such a faggot and being so wrong

Kino

Blizzard can’t force shit. Especially when Nintendo is the one making demands. If blizzard tries anything Nintendo will just end the deal.

Arle "wagecucked" Nadja

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-02-20-31-31-625_com.android.chrome.jpg (362x545, 47K)

Nintendo would probably just end up asking for Tracer though

No waluigi no buy

>”ITS BY CONSOLE NEXT CHARACTER IS DOOM GUY!!!!!!”
>pic related is more surprising
>pic related is less violent and fits better with Nintendo characters
>pic related is a big PC icon
>pic related did a lot for shooters and games in general
>pic related could also mainly use Melee attacks instead of mainly guns and that would make dev work on him easier
Why would it not be him?
>INB4 “H-HE’S NOT AS RELEVANT LIKE DOOM GUY!”
Banjo would like a word with you.

Attached: C8BF2036-E7E7-455E-BD79-2A5CF598C52E.png (300x388, 134K)

Smashfags would get mad again, I approve.

Based Kunio chad. It's his time.

>PC rep
lmao

Can i get a McFlurry with your cum as a topping?

>Patterns

Attached: 1567483306860.png (1237x132, 65K)

Has there been one pattern rule that has stayed consistently true since the introduction of the pass?

Attached: 22129888-B38C-4FBD-9951-717920E6A8E1.png (670x660, 21K)

It’s gotta be a video game

I want Doomguy too OP but this is just pathetic.

Goku is gonna disprove that then we’ll be left in the dark about everything. I hope a Gundam gets into smash next!

Attached: 9B046698-4588-43A9-AA36-9E7E54B86E79.jpg (720x750, 183K)

No it's him who's in

Attached: 220px-Eggman_robotnik.png (220x263, 64K)

If Goku, Gundam, Iron Man, or Spongebob get in this board will genuinely die, like this and Yea Forums and Yea Forums will be in flames, they’d actually make a /SSB/ to contain everything.....
Maybe Goku should be in after all.

video game character who has appeared on a nintendo system

Soon

Attached: 12E860CD-024E-491B-97A9-A8E15D29251E.jpg (1000x640, 61K)

HE’S NEXT

Attached: 46570E9B-B4C4-4C88-9C90-42281B9A8D1C.png (400x771, 225K)

Eggman's VA has voiced for hentai

the only rules i've seen as consistent are "originates from a video game" and "first character from a franchise is a face of said franchise/game"

>implying valve would ever use half-life for anything
Does Japan even like Half-Life?

Attached: 1505442900_Sad Gordon Freeman.jpg (3026x2160, 1022K)

has valve even published a game on a nintendo console, i know rulesfags are retarded but at the least every company that has something in smash has published something for their systems.

Based

Attached: F0400CF0-920A-4C8D-83EB-0C7CA352032A.jpg (3787x1534, 1.65M)

>main protag is the distinct character with a well-defined backstory but for some reason is also a blank slate
>game's legacy is mostly promoting use of setpieces
How is generic melee attacks a pro anyway?

Source of that moveset?

Nah, it's Chief.

Attached: Halo_Infinite_Master_Chief.png (460x619, 500K)

People are THIS salty about swords. They’ve gotten to the point where they think any generic means of fighting is interesting as long as it isn’t a sword. Look at Terryfags.

why do you ask? I made it

OP. We all know Doomguy/Doom Slayer is next but even I think your post is retarded.

>tfw Doomguy reps Printers

Attached: doom printer.jpg (660x330, 27K)

this is the real reason guys

>another year of rosterfag threads
Anyway, these are the frontrunners for future DLC including the 5th mystery nigga in Fighters Pass

Attached: one more year.png (1917x745, 1.95M)

You have to be vidya just like Reimu. This is the ONLY explicit rule Sakurai has ever stated.

The fact Nuts and Bolts of all games was shilled in a Nintendo direct by Sakurai of all people makes it even more surreal

Attached: 8f9fd2b842a1072bb03ce02f586c2c82.jpg (825x1024, 67K)

So we'll probably get a FE3H character. Will it have to default to Byleth to avoid playing favorites?

You wanna give a reason why any of them are front runners?

GUESS WHOS BACK
BACK AGAIN
STEVIES BACK TELL A FRIEND

Attached: 15423422029748.png (774x831, 519K)

Geno is beyond obscure, he'll never be in in a million years. I'm a major Reimufag but she's far less likely to get in than most of the other characters on that list.

is it weird if i hate reimufags but also wouldn't be mad if she got in because touhou has baller music

>Jill Valentine
>no Leon Kennedy
Retard.

They need to put in King Harkinian

Attached: Mahboi.png (900x700, 210K)

Isn't 8, what I hear to be THE BEST DQ GAME EVER, originally on PS2?

But it wasn’t

>Doomguy
Pipedream.
>Crash
Furfag.
>some generic anime waifu
Pathetic.
Pic related is the obvious choice for PC rep. Prepare your anus for Smash on Steam.

Attached: 2442190f3daac87e87e3646d190909f5.jpg (736x962, 73K)

>WHO THE FUCK IS THIS FUCKING JOTARO RIP OFF??!?!?!!?!? LITERALLY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO HE IS!!!

his final smash would be the Dinner Blaster
youtube.com/watch?v=DabosoO4gKM

I'll try to keep it simple (1/1)

>Professor Layton
Level 5 has been a good second party developer throughout a majority of Nintendo's newer era and the Professor Layton series is still going
>Lloyd
Tales is a massive RPG series with all kinds of titles on all sorts of systems (particularly Nintendo) and Symphonia was a successful game for the Gamecube
>Doom Slayer
Doom is one of the most influential game series of all time and every single mainline game is being released on the Switch, and we know that Pete Hines/Bethesda has talked to Nintendo about Smash
>KOS-MOS
Just like Level 5, Monolith Soft is a massive developer for Nintendo that hit the jackpot with Xenoblade, and they lack any representation for any of their series beyond Xenoblade
>Steve
Minecreaft is the biggest game of the modern era and no Minecraft Mii costume came with Banjo
>Crash
A classic mascot that's become successful with recent titles, could bring more PlayStation fans to Nintendo
>Byleth
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is one of the more successful FE games, Byleth has a unique potential moveset
>Jill Valentine
RE revolutionized survival horror and has a relatively long history with Nintendo, one of Capcom's most successful franchises
>Phoenix Wright
A fan-favorite Capcom character that's primarily been on Nintendo handhelds only
>Travis Touchdown
No More Heroes has healthy promotion from Nintendo and Suda51 is friends with Sakurai
>Sol Badguy
ArcSys has become the most popular fighting game developers in the span of only a few years, and Guilty Gear 20th Anniversary Pack is a Switch exclusive
>Kunio
Kunio-kun has a VERY long history on Nintendo systems, Smash doesn't have a true beat-em-up character in Smash yet, and a new datamine suggests we could get an online beat-em-up mode added to Smash soon
>Reimu
Touhou is very popular in Japan, has crossed over with Kirby on a 3DS game, and Touhou music is licensed by Bandai Namco - who are helping make Smash Bros.

Attached: IMG_1439.jpg (3264x2448, 2.58M)

Jill Valentine has no chance, Leon Kennedy's the most popular Resident Evil protagonist, and stars in the most popular and best Resident Evil games.

thanks, now we want the part 2 before this is getting archived
or i say the n word.

Yes it was

Attached: 20190913_195846.jpg (1280x720, 411K)

>Hakurei Shrine stage with Pure Furies, The Ground's Color is Yellow and Love-Colored Master Spark

Attached: nutbutton.png (540x392, 189K)

(2/2)

>Geno
Large fan demand, mentioned by Sakurai more than once and no Mii costume yet
>Dante
DMC 5 was a huge revival from Capcom, and they've stated they want to do more with DMC
>Quote
Indie games are getting more representation in Smash (Shovel Knight, Shantae, Undertale) and Quote from one of the oldest indie game series is a good pick for a representative for these games
>Monokuma
Sakurai is a big fan of Danganronpa, which is coming to Switch in a trilogy pack as leaked, and visual novels lack representation in Smash
>Agumon
Sakurai wants to please more fans and Pokemon vs Digimon becoming official would be huge
>Ryu Hayabusa
Koei Tecmo has been a major partner for Nintendo for a long time, especially with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors, etc.
>Tracer
Overwatch gained global popularity around the time Smash Ultimate was being developed and Banjo is evidence that Nintendo wants to branch out more with Smash DLC

Attached: IMG_1438.jpg (3264x2448, 2.62M)

>kunio being the first beat-em-up character

>tfw Haggar could’ve been a triple dose of first beatemup, first actual street brawler and first wrestler all in one (with incineroar snubbing the third)

Git er done

Attached: IMG_1437.jpg (3264x2448, 1.91M)

>no Master Chief
>with all those literal whos

ok

You missed one.

Attached: 190904_HALO-3_c.jpg (533x800, 63K)

I see these big-ass character collages and am surprised no Ass Creed shit shows up

Nintendo systems have been drenched with the games and Ubi is tonguing their ass at this point. Ezio is probably top 15 most popular game characters despite the almighty cope Yea Forums is going to have just reading that statement

My guy right here.

If we do get a PC rep, it would be Quote if we live in a just world.

Alternatively I would vote Lameza too.

>Touhou is very popular in Japan, has crossed over with Kirby on a 3DS game, and Touhou music is licensed by Bandai Namco - who are helping make Smash Bros.

So has Nintendo, Sega and Konami.

Is there anything to Shifty's leak that suggests he's still in? To my recollection, his source was very cryptic about Piranha Plant, and Shifty had to figure it out himself. Is it actually possible the source was referring to that other game? Or was he really referring to Smash and Shifty just had to guess he was the fourth DLC, which was wrong? Sorry if this has already been cleared up but I'm not familiar with Shifty's Ryu H leak.

What point are you trying to make here

Dragon Quest is also on playstation and Persona has a couple games on nintendo

>Capcom used Koei Tecmo for some petty copyright bullshit, like 1.3 mil settlement

>tfw they might get to share some awkward time together in Smash

Chosen undead

Mainly adding information and That the big 4 companies involved in Smash have licensed Touhou music for commercial purposes. Meaning they've all found it useful to sell Touhou music of their own. It's why I don't think that Reimu in Smash is that big of a stretch.

URAMESHI

Oh shoot is that true? I didn’t even know Konami had anything to do with the series

Really

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/BEMANI×東方Project_Ultimate_MasterPieces

>no Jibanyan or Scorpion

Attached: 1503465523863.png (900x900, 805K)

>Layton
>No Jibanyan
Finally someone with good taste in Level-5 characters. Good job based user.

Not to mention RE4 was originally a gamecube exclusive

>No More Heroes has healthy promotion from Nintendo and Suda51 is friends with Sakurai
Also Suda was literally one of the first devs to get his hands on the switch

>Ultimate
she’s in

Banjo is Xbox first party and the Neo Geo is a dead console. I'd say it means nothing.

Pretending he's notable enough in Japan, how would he even work in a Smash game?
Most of what makes the character great would get the game into trouble with rating boards all over the world.

Jesus christ this is somehow more overpowered than Hero with the same rng

watch it be none of these

this is a case of butchering your math but still getting the right answer, well done.

I don't know who this guy is, but he looks pretty based

That was never a fucking rule you mongrel. He said it was a bonus but that doesnt make the chances of a character better or worse than other characters.

>Persona is a Playstation Series
Technically Shin Megami Tensei if... started the series, and that debuted on the SNES.

I dont think you know what "shilling" means.

>beyond obscure
I don't want Geno but this is bullshit at this point, he was maybe obscure as smash 4 was in development but at this point he isn't, even if it's all from shit posting. You can't even look at the guy and say "who?" anymore because he's been forced down everyones throat from 6 years of shitposting, reverse shitposting, and begging.

>a new datamine suggests we could get an online beat-em-up mode added to Smash soon
you're likely pulling this shit right out of your dickhole, but on the off chance you're not, care to elaborate?

>Garrosh
Cringe nuwow/wowonly bab

>pattern rule
keep up friend

>Minecreaft is the biggest game of the modern era and no Minecraft Mii costume came with Banjo
So that means Master Chief is a much better second Microsoft rep.

The real question is if the gravity gun is a cool special move or if they cop out and make it the grab animation

nope. not even portal or P2 which was on damn near everything

Ezio would be really cool, but he missed his shot at E3 and a lot of his stuff is already done by Joker and Sheik

Attached: e5a05ae734d0bb6f7194cfbc8efe4e1c.jpg (750x1360, 110K)

>dead series that nips doesn't even like
>series that's flat-out BANNED in Japan

reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/d3hvsc/update_on_new_datamined_mode/
>inb4 leddit
Datamine shows data for something called "Convention" for online, people speculate that it could be the return of Slipspace, a scrapped online Brawl mode where you continuously fought people online like Multi-Man Smash until you died.

>Tracer
If she was gonna be in smash she would have been shown in the lastest direct with the announcement of Overwatch for Switch

Get rid of tracer and FE and it's unironically a based list of characters. I'd be happy with 6 of these guys in the game. The "THESE CHARACTER SUCKS BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THEM" meme is getting old

Attached: 1447669089282.gif (322x287, 46K)

Kunio is even less likely than reimu

>That entire bottom row excluding hayabusa
lol

If Gordon were happening we'd know already. Shit leaks from Valve so often that practically nothing they do is secret

Why people write "finna" instead of "going to"? I have hear people say "gonna", but never have I listen someone say "finna"

Third parties only

>Look at this pattern
>pattern broken 2 seconds in

>These things are mentioned so that means this thing that isnt mentioned will be mentioned!!
Shut up

>its a tag team of alex and ryan
>double dragons are echo fighters

>Muh tag team
If they were gonna do that gimmick it was gonna be with Terry, I highly doubt Nintendo is gonna do tag team gimmicks again, thats PK trainers thing only

>tfw the Amaterasu + Viewtiful Joe Clover Studio duo would fit this game even better than MvC

Isn’t Viewtiful Joe 3 happening eventually?

>Is Viewtiful Joe 3 happening

They made a party game that flopped hard and no one ever heard of them again

>Snake, Cloud and Joker
>then Crash and Agumon
>All actual 3rd party Playstation icons
>PSallstars had The guy from Dead Space and fucking DONTE instead
IMAGINE

Attached: 1540837427298.gif (538x572, 338K)

>DOOM is a definite lock guys!!!!

Tick tock tick tock doomfags.
The entire pass so far pandered to the Japanese, and there's no signs of it stopping.
Reminder that Sakurai will always put Japanese interest over the west's demands.
sourcegaming.info/2016/12/16/the-substantial-barrier-of-aaa-games-sakurai-col-514/

>BUT BANJO
Japan knows and loves Banjo.
Unlike your generic gun guy who doesn't have an actual name.
His game never sold well in Japan and Banjo-Kazooie alone outsells the entire Doom franchise sales in Japan.
Doomguy? Fucking really? Like that shit will ever appear on the character select screen.

>BUT DADDY SAKURAI SAID HE LIKED DOOM!!!!
No!

He only namedropped John Carmack.
"Internationally, you have John Carmack, the father of FPS’s"
sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/

Nowhere in his statement DOOM is mentioned.
Hell, if you wanna dig deep, he literally wrote articles mentioning Halo and Half Life 2, does this mean Master Chef and Gordon Freeman are a lock? Of course fucking not.
sourcegaming.info/2017/07/12/feelofamericangames/

>b-but BETHESDA PUSHING DOOM HARD
Wowie, ports of old games and ports of nuDoom handled by a third party company.
Nintendo is not even remotely involved in its production other than paid advertisements.
Hell, Nintendo of Japan outright has no ads for DOOM64 or DOOM Eternal.

>NOO!!!
If your generic green space marine is a literal who in Japan, he's not making it in.
Nobody fucking knows DOOM in Japan, and Japanese execs will say "No" on the spot for DOOM.

You faggots act like he's a definite lock when he has so much against him, it's fucking laughable.
Why the FUCK would it be in Nintendo's interest to add DOOM.
There's no way some tight suited execs would EVER greenlight a Western CERO-Z character into their premiere fighting game title.

Smash is NINTENDO first and foremost, and they will never dirty their precious IP with a character like Doomguy.

Attached: 1542152023352.png (1920x1080, 3.95M)

Don't forget Monokuma

Attached: y62en0fzqh411.jpg (902x860, 99K)

Fucking based.

Cope

If we're getting another Sega rep, it's her.

I had my doubts before, but now that we're getting DLC beyond the Fighter's Pass, it seems reasonably likely.

It's gotta be a non-CERO-Z video game character.

>If we're getting another Sega rep, it's her.
Not so fast

Attached: 738734658.jpg (1517x1017, 469K)

I'm convinced that if Terry soundtrack doesn't include certain KoF iconic tracks such as

youtu.be/VAYuXUIHB8U
youtu.be/bL91scCpc6M
youtu.be/HKZfVCW3PUE
youtu.be/u6jNyqffUok

Then there's still a chance that another SNK rep gets in.

Attached: 1567678317758.jpg (628x900, 118K)

Also fuck it I'll post more SNK kino

youtu.be/khbd5Pcj9g4
youtu.be/EzqasS2_L3U
youtu.be/8yG9jlG6hvA
youtu.be/xl_KiItwuhs
youtu.be/VsaKw1WgXNw
youtu.be/qJxQX7Bhmzw
youtu.be/uzqBkXT1FAg