Yeaaaah, I think I'll stop right here...

Yeaaaah, I think I'll stop right here. He has the exact same attack patterns as the last handful of bosses I killed with the exception of him sometimes using the magic attack from the Crystal Mage. Very disappointing. The entire game was a bit of a let down to be honest but this is bad. Did they run out of money or something and just had to use a standard human NPC with reused attacks? Honestly I feel a bit humiliated that I beat the entire game up to this point, hoping for something cool to tie everything up, but all I get is this. Not very good. At first I was reluctant to stop playing because I wouldn't be able to see the end of the game, but then I realized that I have no idea what the story is so I won't really be missing anything regardless lol.

Attached: Soul of Cinder.png (612x792, 1.04M)

You're a stupid fucking subhuman if you don't understand the meaning of the fight retard.

seeth as much as you want

>he's you... but on FIRE!!!
yeah i bet there's a deep Kubrick-level depth of understanding here

>being this retard
user he's supposed to be the accumulation of every one who linked the fire that's why he can use everything ,basically he's everyone who preceded you

the boss was done last minute when the original plot was rewritten. pontiff sulyvahn is the final boss.

that's cool and all but
1) there's no storyline which would provide that information to you unless you maybe played the previous games
2) the fight isn't fun because he just reuses attacks you already conquered previously. "lore" should come after gameplay.

oh boy how masterful and elaborate
>dude its the merging of ALL the speshul ones!!!1

Thanks Vaati

Why was Gwyn the only good final boss fight?

Attached: Gwyn_Lord_of_Sunlight.jpg (1920x1080, 608K)

He's still just a generic fantasy knight with a sword but at least he looks cool. Much more unique looking than the Soul of Cinder.

Have sex

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. The Souls games really took a design hit after DeS and DS1. Fortunately, BloodBorne and Sekiro were refreshing.

Attached: gehrman.jpg (570x683, 82K)

good lord you're fucking retarded. there's isn't a statement in your post that isn't fucking retarded in several different ways. the fact that you can't even beat him is the cum on your chin.

Oh yeah, Gehrman was pretty dope too.

I don't usually lump BB in with the Souls games because it was above and ~beyond everything the series could have ever hoped to achieve.

But for the sake of argument, I'd say you're right, user.

It really would have been better if it started with the gwyn clone then became an amalgam of every bullshitty build in the first game.

I fought him twice and then stopped. He's disappointing and his moveset is, as I said, boring. I don't want to spend 2 hours beating him if I won't enjoy it.

Attached: tcg.png (836x806, 975K)

I shit on you and your post

>gehrman
>final boss

Who gives a fuck what you think about dark souls 3 in 2019

He definetly is and frankly he is even with orphan of kos on difficulty he is for me the only soulsborne boss I’m not completely sure I can win against every time

this board has dark souls threads pretty frequently

I say this every time Cinder is brought up, and I'll say it again. I really love how FromSoft "teased" him.

Attached: 81jvygoohbL._SX425_.jpg (425x300, 29K)

pretty sure user was referring to the Moon Presence, not Orphan

I assumed that was the protagonist because it looks identical to him when he's in knight armor.

>unless you maybe played the previous games
Pretty much this. Most of DS3 is "REMEMBER DARK SOULS?!"
Disappointing end to the series desu.

can a spellsword build be viable or is it just a worse straightsword that uses fp?

You niggers are way too serious about this
It's a fucking game and it was cool to fight a PC

"cool", maybe in some regard, but certainly very boring.

If these are move sets you already conquered then why is it going to take you 2 hours to beat him?

Wouldn't say boring, more like safe.

playing for the first time right now, using a broadsword and have heavy soul arrow or whatever it's called, oneshotting enemies in Undead Settlement with it, sorcery and pyro seem OP in general

What do you consider a spellsword build exactly? Mixing melee with ranged spells is a bit shit because magic is slow as fuck and fp kinda expensive and scarce. If you're just gonna buff up and go into melee then go for it.

Because he's the final boss and they obviously made him a pain in the ass.

Play the Ringed City at least. It makes up for it.

I don't want to give them anymore money.

Attached: db.png (892x946, 1.25M)

DeS and DaS didn't have groundbreaking or unique designs either retard. Literally just zombies and budget BERSERK references.

Fair enough. I figured you'd bought the fire fades edition.

>"teased"
They didn't though. He's just some unfinished concept that they threw in at the end of the game with nothing but re-used animations and armor assets that they made for something else.

This is stupidest fucking complaint ever. No shit its going to reference the first game, its a sequel. Did you bitch when Link was in Zelda II as well?

Link wasn't the final boss of Zelda II.

>this is the target audience
Thanks for ruining the series, jackass.

Gaping Dragon was pretty cool

>it was cool to fight a PC
He's a dumbed down scripted Dark Spirit that's scaled up, it was fucking dumb and the Gwyn reference was the shit-covered corn nut to top the "MEMBER LE DARK SOULS?!" shit sunday that was DaS3. Literally nothing in the game even attempts to be original.

it aint that hard. the actual last boss which is from ringed city is better though.

You're welcome

And? It's still fun. You fuckers would bitch that Dracula's the boss in new Castlevania. If you're looking for spiritual enlightenment in a video game then I'm just sorry for you.

He was though

>It's still fun.
Maybe if you're a mouth breathing brain dead moron who plays offline.

Dark Souls 3 is kind of weird. It feels like a mashup of BB and DaS1 that dosnt always sync. I'm at Friede now and she is basically a BB boss, quickstep and all. But its leagues better than DaS2, now THAT is a pile of shit.

Attached: tQSDMJ2rGrF-Q8XSRn1jaf-zSCrncl7FK8ROiolsK0E.png (500x375, 250K)

Don't know how anyone could like Soul of Cinder when he dies so fucking fast that he may as well not even have attacks at all.

literally Santa Claus

>there's no storyline which would provide that information to you unless you maybe played the previous games
God forbid you have to play the previous games to understand the story of the third game. Get a life you fucking loser.
>the fight isn't fun because he just reuses attacks you already conquered previously.
The fight is fun, and it's a stretch to say he reuses attacks. Another guy used a fire sword, so Soul of Cinder somehow attacks the same way? Is there any other boss who fights remotely like the spear form? Champion gundyr uses a halberd and doesn't swing as fast, so not him. What about the curved sword pyromancer form? Sounds like you're just being a faggot.

Oh yeah. Wasn't that game a piece of shit?

which makes it 10x cooler. On a more serious note I didn't really expect or want him as the final boss, but he's actually pretty cool in the end, the sountrack is amazing, and learning his cheap tricky moveset feels rewarding.

The fact that you're using ad hominems proves that you know you're wrong. He is a boring boss to fight and most people here would agree with me.

If Miyahacki made Zelda II, every Old Man in each town would say "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!" and they'd all use the exact same sprite as the Zelda 1 Wise Man. Also the last boss would just be one massive Zelda 1 reference of re-used Ganon attacks and recycled music notes.

I really liked him alot

Attached: Edgy Nun vs Old man 9.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

user he literally re-uses Gwyn's moveset that's like half the point of the fight

>learning his cheap tricky moveset feels rewarding.
He doesn't do a single tricky thing, he just flails around like a retard. The fight is 100% presentation and minimal mechanical difficulty.

>Waaah this sequel is a sequel and not it's own separate entry and universe like Final Fantasy!
Newsflash, dickface. That's how shit works in sequels. This isn't FF where they make entire new universes and games with different battle systems and then use the same fucking franchise name for title recognition.
Sequels have progressing stories, characters return. Locations return. That's just how it fucking IS.

And before you go complaining saying it's "fanservice", nigger, need I remind you Dark Souls was just Demon's Souls: Multiplat edition? It's a fucking retread of Demon's Souls in almost every way, 1:1 except polished.
Fucking Patches is back, name and design, personality, everything.
Go fuck yourself you bandwagon hopping, youtube video mimicking cuntfaced retard don't ever voice such a stupid diarrhetic opinion again.

Attached: the point of no return.jpg (1058x705, 117K)

>Much more unique looking
He looks like a northern king, that's it. There is nothing unique about him.
Amalgam, on the other hand, looks like a skeleton in a skeleton armour, which instantly makes him better
That's not the SoC, that's Ashen One. The problem is that story line that explains his relations with SoC is completely cut from the game.

Too much text. Starting it off with insulting me ensures that I will not read what you wrote.

Have you played any other souls games? Magic and pyro are generally OP in all of them.

I like how everything people shit on Dark Souls 3 for, Dark Souls 1 is guilty about doing because Demon's Souls existed beforehand.
But they don't know that because they followed along with the "ps3 has no games" meme and never got to experience it.
Now they're doubling down on their opinions and doing shit like lying about playing it, saying it's totally different when ds3 does it and so on.
I fucking hate this fanbase.

Right, his hitbox doesn't overextend with his cape, he doesn't mix up his combos, his combos aren't irregular looking at all. Except that's all true though and all of that means he's tricky to learn the first time around, and flailing around like a retard can be tricky as well, so I don't know what your point is. The flailing is the most used tactic by enemies to catch you by surprise in DaS3

tl;dr: Every complaint you have with dark souls 3, dark souls 1 already did.

Alright then I won't play Dark Souls 1.

that's silly, Dark Souls didn't hamfistedly try to integrate Bloodborne combat into Demon's Souls

I wouldn't have minded all the references to Dark Souls 1 if they had actually answered some questions (the difference between the deep and the abyss, for example.)

Attached: 1567024818373.png (809x446, 427K)

God I love Gael as a boss fight. I think I put down my summon sign for hours across many months just being summoned so I can fight him over and over.
If souls games had an option to re-fight bosses whenever you felt like they would be 10/10.

Finally someone with sense

would have been nice if they explained what the hell an Unkindled is too, and the primordial serpents

>hamfistedly
It sped up the combat and decreased your stamina usage to accommodate for the faster enemies.
However it looks silly because you still roll. If they changed the roll to a dash or hop like Bloodborne, the combat would make a lot more sense now.

My main character was ng+7 or more when the DLC came out and I just managed somehow up until the boss, then it took me at least 18 hours in 2 days to beat the fucker. I loved every second of it.

>My main character was ng+7 or more when the DLC came out and I just managed somehow up until the boss
I always wound up platinuming the game on a single character (NG++ or later usually) before the DLC dropped and yeah it was always fucking balls hard. Gael wasn't hard for me, but he was very fun. Midir pushed my shit in though.

midir was easier for me, but those 2 bats were a nightmare

Everyone complains about the Dancer of the Boreal Valley but I fucking killed her in 2 tries. Her arms are too long and she can't touch you if you get close. Also the fight was in slow-motion for me because of the framerate drop from the fire so that might have helped.

DS2 did more as a sequel both story-wise and mechanically. It introduced new things while staying in the same universe and building on the lore. DS3 just threw everything out, mechanics and all, to do DS1 again but with screeching bloodborne enemies. It's a goddamn waste considering what they could have done.

> yeah i think ill just stop at the end of the game.
okay?

No point in playing further if it won't be fun.

This is actually a problem with DS3. All other souls games up until this one have encouraged NG+ playthroughs. There is no reason at all to want to play DS3 NG+ and onward.

DaS2 for all its flaws even introduced new black phantom enemies and as well higher level rings in NG+. Pretty neat. Of course, having the better rings in NG+ meant it took longer to grind out PVP characters but whatever.

The whole Unkindled thing is just some kind of cope because everybody is already burnt? It is lame

Pretty much my exact sentiment. I stopped at the final boss too. The whole game was disappointing, but I played it out of pretty much obligation. Or maybe it was fear of missing out. But in the end, I realized there was never going to be a payoff for my patience, so I lost all interest.

DS3 has higher level rings up to ng+2, and you need to NG+ to get more titanite slabs actually.

Oh and one more thing, you need to do ng+ if you want to use boss souls for an item other than the one you got in the first playthrough, and some souls have 3 different possible items if I'm not mistaken. Probably am.

I liked the fight but I feel like the Gwyn theme starting to play during the 2nd part was just the most comical retard bait ever. It just I dunno didn't feel that awesome to me. Yeah Gwyn did it first but so what? Its just a crap nostalgia jank.

I actually liked Aldia somewhat. Mostly the music but the fight with the music has this slow sorta scariness to it that makes you feel like hes going to full bullet hell but it never happens.

Needing to play the game multiple times, in order to complete your inventory, is actually a design flaw. Not a feature.
The reason why Dark Souls 1 and 2 are so replayable, is for the fact that it's open enough to encourage the player to try multiple builds. Without railroading them down a linear path of progression. Levels are designed in such a way, that if you endure the struggle of being underpowered for some parts, you can enjoy the benefits of your build for other parts.
DaS3 ruins this, by having too little freedom to act out their build. By the time your build is decently developed, you're already at the end of the game.

Dark Souls 2 tried to fix the inventory flaw, by introducing bonfire ascetics. But it's still kind of lame that you're essentially pushing your game into New game+, if only in segments.

How do you not get such an obvious fanservice boss? Jesus Christ OP are you a literal potato?

Yeah the rings make character building pretty boring cause you have to do ng+2 with every character basically. But doing multiple playthroughs to get more titanite slabs and more boss souls isn't something I'd consider a design flaw.

>DaS3 ruins this, by having too little freedom to act out their build.
I guess it always sort of plays the same regardless of your build choice, since it's all about rolling and rolling and rolling

> By the time your build is decently developed, you're already at the end of the game.
Isn't that what happens in dark souls 2 also?

>But it's still kind of lame that you're essentially pushing your game into New game+, if only in segments.
How is it lame? You're just making the game harder what's wrong with that?

>play through an entire lousy game
>stop at the final boss
Alright, I guess.

>> By the time your build is decently developed, you're already at the end of the game.
>Isn't that what happens in dark souls 2 also?
It's not spelled out for the player. But in Dark Souls 2, each equipment has sort of a beginners, intermediate, and advanced version. Like for example, if you're a strength build, you might start with a small club. Then work up to the large club, then the great club. So even early in build development, you're still mostly what you want, except you don't have the advanced equipment.

>How is it lame? You're just making the game harder what's wrong with that?
Because you're replaying segments you've already played.

>So even early in build development, you're still mostly what you want, except you don't have the advanced equipment.
Oh yeah true in dark souls 3 it feels pretty uniform

>Because you're replaying segments you've already played.
except harder if I found them too easy , which is a nice option and actually changes a lot from my experience

>unless you maybe played the previous games
user its called dark souls 3 and its an arpg know for its obscure storyline. the only one at fault for you not getting it is yourself