Why are ASSFAGGOTS players the biggest rage-a-holic spergs in gaming...

Why are ASSFAGGOTS players the biggest rage-a-holic spergs in gaming? I don't know a single one who hasn't broken a keyboard or monitor over something retarded.

Attached: RAGESDGDFGSDF-1.gif (381x164, 16K)

>durr why do players of a genre that is naturally competitive have players that are emotionally invested in the game

you sound like a bugman whose never done anything competitive in his life

>emotionally invested in a game
Who's the real bugman here?

>being ambitious about things is bad!
ok incel

>being ambitious about things that don't matter is not bad!

Attached: 1508517734200.gif (280x358, 2.53M)

>He doesn't get emotionally invested in games he spends a lot of time on
What's it like being a robot?

>be a competitive sport
>be forced to play with random idiots and throwers
>wonder why people rage

The problem has always been forced solo queue. Back in the day, you never had this because idiots were booted out of servers and good people self-selected into competitive servers.

because they don't play for fun
assfaggots games aren't fun. they are work.
of course this tends to irritate brainlets who play them

This but unironically

Attached: 1568401956163.jpg (350x350, 29K)

They're playing a game they hate because they were blindly driven to them as a social need of being part of something that supposedly everyone is doing, so their mentility ends up in a "I HAVE to do it as well", thus, feeling obligated to play it without feeling anything but remorse, slaves of their own senselessness, and maybe also their "normalcy".

Attached: 1377982596651.png (769x600, 452K)

>emotionally invested in games
Bugman.

Wouldn't you be more of a bugman if you didn't get invested? Even dogs can get attached to their favorite toys and stuffed animals.
Maybe you were the bugman the whole time

>competitive sport
>thinking that moving pixels on a screen is comparable to real life sports
I bet your neckbeard ass couldn't run a mile.

Attached: 1568411074885.jpg (600x600, 29K)

>Wouldn't you be more of a bugman if you didn't get invested?
No.

You wanna back that up with reasoning insectoid? Don't make me get the RAID

1. They take a lot of cooperation to win reliably, and you're being matching with random strangers who may or may not do that.
2. They have a lot of convoluted rules that change all the time compared to other genres. It's way harder to understand what you're doing wrong most of the time without delving into theory on the game from a video or wiki. People get deluded into unadaptive, stubborn mindsets.
3. Most of them are long as fuck, and they tend to be snowbally. See reason 2 for people resigning early and feeding. Even in shorter games (HotS, Awesomenauts), grinding rank is like grinding XP in an MMO, except you always lose XP when you die and you gotta wait several minutes for a new match plus at least 15 minutes of gameplay, likely more, to have a chance to recover it.
4. A lot of them come from MMO's, where being a bossy asshole is both encouraged and somewhat helpful in a large raid.

>You wanna back that up with reasoning insectoid?
No.

I've been playing Dota 2 since 2012 on and off regularly, a majority of my playtime being from 2012 - 2015. I can tell you that I never played ranked, I never broke a keyboard or got mad at a game mostly because I just didn't take it seriously.

The only way I see people getting mad is getting mad that their team is not good enough for them and that instead of trying to focus on your own improvement, you decide to blame it on your team instead.

People don't like to get blamed, it becomes a big tug of war about who is blamed for who and that's why people get mad. My advice, stay cool and play to your best.

Attached: 1564807438131.png (485x512, 19K)

I can ride-I can do cartwheels for a mile.
B.d.l.t.f.s.y.f.o.y.o.
I can be the Grand
Marshal. I'm a-so available for proms and pizza parties.

thanks for settling the quarry

If you're actually a competitive person, wouldn't you gravitate towards 1v1 games like fighting games or RTS like Starcraft? What kind of "competitive" person goes on to play mobas with joke heroes and a 5v5 clusterfuck?

Don't matches in those games last like 30 or 40 minutes? I can easily see someone getting upset being forced to play an obvious loss for so long, especially when it only really takes one weak link to fuck the game.

What the hell are you smoking? Nearly all competitive games and sports that aren't relatively niche are team based. Look at the FGC popularity compared to MOBAs, boxing to football, etc.

The game is made around having to hope other people will play things right, and are that they are thinking the same way you are, but you guys never trained together and don't know eachother, so that doesn't happen and when that doesn't happen, people will think that the other one was at fault, they had two different strategies (and both could work, most of the time) but neither of them gave in.
The game is too long, when you're losing you have to sit there for 50 minutes being tortured, with teamates that already gave up, because if you quit the match midway you face severe punishments.
Even if you play the game perfectly, someone can still make an honest mistake and cost you the game
The game requires 10 people with uninterrupted attention for 40min+ to happen, and that is very hard to attain

None of this is an excuse for raging faggots, but the atmosphere the game creates helps it alot.

I think he meant that if you're out to prove yourself better than anyone else, you're better off doing it in a game that doesn't force you to cooperate with randoms online.

You can be emotionally invested in something without destroying things in a fit of uncontrolled tard rage, you fucking savage.

I think some of them have a surrender option, but yeah most mobas are exercises in wasting time with a boring farming phase and games that are pointlessly drawn out even though the outcome is obvious. HotS doesn't have those issues with most games being ~20 minutes and comebacks being frequent, the only issue is that the playerbase is atrociously bad and the game is mostly dead.

vidya and the internet is srs bsns, guize

Awesomenauts is also really short. It's been patched to be way less stalemate-heavy over the years. It's also more action-heavy since it plays like a side-scrolling shooter. No ultimates either (i.e. no long cooldowns), and the maps are small enough to switch lanes in seconds without additional map movement mechanics.

Team games only do well because they're better for the spectator, and the spectator is the one paying the bills. True competition can only exist in 1v1.

>implying communication and team composition arent in a whole league of their own
Guess how I know you have no social skills

This.
Also the games are rather unintuitive as said so often times the average player won't know what went wrong. The easiest way out of this is to find a scapegoat so you don't have to admit that you were bad too. The distinct roles in assfaggots only amplify that: In Counterstrike, for example, there is no reason for anyone to have 2/16 stats other than him being matched in the wrong skill class while in assfaggots there are just roles/heroes who are supposed to look better on paper than others so you can't say "that dude was bad because he died twice as much as me" as easily because he might still have done his job or couldn't have prevented his deaths due to the snowballing nature of the game, which again leads to confusion which leads to scapegoating.

Earlier some kid made a thread, mad as hell, that he'd played Link to the Past start to finish for seven hours without ever enjoying it. He was angry at THE WORLD that he had done this.

Attached: ecea78f2ed95c4fc10c850b55f4f9f21.gif (500x500, 249K)

This is the difference between us cool Jedi and those spazzy Sith.

The gametype is very deceptive
You’re lured in with these colorful fun looking characters and heavily implied that you can play them all sorts of different ways with endless replayability
The reality is that you usually have a very limited and strict amount of decisions that you can make that are objectively right or wrong, from character selection to role selection to item builds to having to keep up with minion farm and harass properly and all sorts of things
Then, even if you’ve done all of that to the best of your ability- when it feels like you’ve followed all the checkmarks and requirements the game presents to you and go through all that tedium- you still lose, either because the other person was simply better at following those rules or a teammate fucked up at it or what have you
Now you’ve just wasted 40 minutes following strict instructions for the promise of a really fun good time only to find it was all a waste and you failed the arbitrary test to get the chance to get there
It’s why starting a moba is always immensely fun because you don’t know those arbitrary limitations yet and no one else does either so you just play what and how you want for those 40 minutes instead

They watch streamers like tyler1 and others who do the same shit and think its cool/acceptable to act like a child over losing in a video game

>get into league again because a lot of the characters look either really cool or fun or hot
>spend like 500$ on skins in a month’s time
>completely burned out and jaded after halfway through the second month because I can’t un-realize that 80% of these games is last hitting minions and countering the enemy in the draft screen rather than in game
>just uninstalled it again
To my only credit I at least didn’t use chat at all or rage at anyone else, I’ve only my gullible self to blame for thinking spending 18 dollars on a big titty splash art I coulda just looked up online would somehow make the game fun and dynamic for some reason