Just a reminder, if you're not hitting the flow state then you're not truly gaming

Just a reminder, if you're not hitting the flow state then you're not truly gaming.

Attached: 0_2rL3ErfKuEJCsucc.png (1240x938, 318K)

Sorry, but I prefer the arousal state

Attached: 1546982072680.jpg (680x1253, 50K)

CZECH NIGGAS

How can I reach flow when I'm not good at any game?
Feel like the closest I've ever been is 2hu which really gets the blood pumping but the best I can do is 1CC some of the easiest ones on normal difficulty.

Hitting the flow state in rhythm games is how you do it

high challenge (for you) plus high ability (for you) is already flow state, user

It's a state of mind. It doesnt matter if you're unskilled, as long as your pushing to your own personal boundires.

>high ability (for you)
Don't understand this. I already play to basically the best of my ability at all games but I'm very conscious of when I'm objectively bad at games (e.g. in online games like shooters or RTS it's impossible not to notice when you keep losing).

the game asks you for the best you've got, and you provide it
you're pulling yourself out of flow state by telling yourself that you're bad

>tfw apathy

Attached: 1559646889100.gif (245x245, 956K)

They're relative to each other as well as being relative to yourself.

Really the chart could be expanded further to show this, but the important thing is that you're playing at your max and the challenge is also at that exact same level.

This can be a problem in multiplayer games where the max challenge is well beyond what you're capable of reaching skill-wiss if you get a shitty matchup through a games matchmaking

>tfw always in the boredom stage

Attached: 5TcUUG0.png (400x416, 41K)

I think I understand, so flow is when the game is exactly as hard as you can cope with, at what you believe is a respectably high level.
Thank you, anons.

Attached: 10 good.png (546x546, 211K)

exactly
there's nothing wrong with wanting to get gud, but there's also nothing wrong with merely doing your best

Play harder games
I've been stuck at just playing grand strategy for ages but it's unhealthy because none of those games are really "hard", they just test your patience and your attention. They are mostly RNG once you have a strategy decided.
I've been trying to get back into more dynamic games like platformers and bullet hell to counter this, games that rely on actual skill to either survive, or thrive and give you instant feedback on how well you're doing.

What does having constant anxiety mean

>flow
Fucking newfags, it's The Zone

They're the same thing. Flow is the older term

I've just killed genichiro on second try, i was in the zone

It's funny, the guy who made that chart actually said that the flow state was kind of bad to fuck around with intentionally because it's really addictive.

YTV died in the 2000s, user