Now that the dust has settled, was FNAF based?

Now that the dust has settled, was FNAF based?

Attached: 7b9.jpg (479x295, 24K)

The first FNAF was objectively a great experiment in horror and I don't blame Scott for milking his franchise for everything it's worth.

It's very flawed but I enjoy it nonetheless. Still gonna keep an eye on what the fuck he'll come up with next.

Attached: teaser.jpg (1194x733, 452K)

I believe the franchise started taking itself too seriously but I gotta say the narrator from the Pizzeria Simulator game was definitively talented.

>And for one of you, the deepest pit of hell has opened to swallow you whole, so don't keep the devil waiting old friend.

Great line, I wonder why Scott has not gone out of its way to do a serious horror game.

The Vr stuff was not bad but it says a lot when a jumpscare game still one of the top VR games.

Used to like the story, but fucking hell it's gotten so convoluted just because Scott keeps looking at people's theories on it and going "close, but not quite ;)" just so he change something in the next game that completely shatters the previous theory

a better experience for cheap jump scares than movies, but in the end, it's still just cheap jump scares.

>I wonder why Scott has not gone out of its way to do a serious horror game
The first game was his real and omly attempt

That is and always will be cringe

maybe not but scott himself is
desolate abandon fucking when

Attached: Lun_Infinus.png (1280x720, 654K)

You can thank MatPat for that.
If it wasn't for his autism and pursuit for money (but mostly autism) there probably wouldn't even have been a fnaf 2

I like 1/2. 3/4 are where the franchise starts to get really dumb and it goes full retard with Sister Location.

Are you talking about TDH? Not really a horror game, it is a pretty damn awesome RPG with some horror elements but it is more of a thriller.

It sold like shit so I do not blame hi, but I was talking more of a game like Alien Isolation or Amnesia.

someday
never

Attached: intense intensity.png (263x323, 138K)

FNAF is extremely based.

I'm talking about FnaF you idiot. You know, the subject of this thread?

A great idea that churned out too many sequels so quickly and never expanded on itself. It was about a haunted pizzeria where the animatronics come to life, now it has no idea what it is with a completely convoluted story.

Happy for Scott though, the man struck a gold mine. But if FNAF is going to be taken seriously at all in the future, the next title has to be a lot more than just point and click and jumpscares.

Attached: 1406141259085.gif (500x377, 579K)

Surely he has enough fnafbux to make it now, right? He has to be getting a least a little tired of spoopy animatronics

Attached: 1453578833453.png (900x1137, 598K)

It was, but now it's just a soulless cash grab and I can't respect that.

Ultimate Custom Night was pretty soulful

I liked fnaf world
a lot really

I liked the concept and didn't really mind the art style, but it just had too many problems for me to really enjoy it, especially after having played TDH. I think the biggest problem is ironically its most iconic feature: the large roster. Having so many characters doesn't really help much when every character only has 3 moves and only a small portion of those characters are endgame-viable anyways.

Attached: 06f8a7c23900f1a9d0fb2313d46e67ff7fa8aeaa.jpg (480x270, 36K)

Yes.

took the words right out of my mouth

Attached: 1469134465008.jpg (196x200, 11K)

Sister location had some good new ideas shame that pizzeria simulator went back to normal(the management part was fun though), i hope the next one does something new, also end the story for god's sake

Honestly, the first couple of games were revolutionary to the horror genre, but it started becoming old quite fast when he made new games constantly, oversaturating us with the style. I'd also argue that the fandom that spawned from it also caused its downfall, turning the feared animatronics into furshit until noone took the games or animatronics seriously. I do have to give the creator points for not spewing out and revealing the answer to every single mystery, and leaving plenty up to interpretation, but ultimately, I would say the FNaF franchise is more or less dead, no matter how many of the games Scott puts out.