Why don't you know Japanese yet?

Why don't you know Japanese yet?

Attached: 1541996103540.jpg (792x764, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gareblogs.wordpress.com/2013/07/19/learning-japanese-and-how-video-games-can-help-you-with-it/
htdp.org/2019-02-24/
vocaroo.com/i/s1JRihRRcc6c
youtube.com/watch?v=uACGSiN3ZkI
youtube.com/watch?v=nPF7lit7Z00
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because my future wife speaks the other one

learn czech nigga

Attached: 1560600342718.png (620x330, 154K)

So I can play all those untranslated Czech games? Oh, wait...

Attached: 1541912651330.png (693x410, 309K)

muzukashii, ne?

>what is život není krásný

面倒な

that's not even the real Japanese onomatopeia for a camera snap, kill yourself faggot I bet you don't even know katakana

i don't know where to start with the things
all i know is nii nii is big brother

imagine not knowing czech

Attached: 1550880333709.png (1280x1204, 905K)

お願い、もう一年

what's wrong with her eyes

I'm trying. It's not a fast process.

Attached: 1439076886408.webm (364x540, 240K)

She stared into the EOP and the peasant stared back

fetal alcohol syndrome

but I also know Arabic

whos the jarek nohavica of vidya industry?

she got really fat.

because they decided to go full retard with their writing system. The language itself is piss easy but I don't feel like devoting 5 years to learning pointlessly overcomplicated moonrunes when korea's right next door with a simple script that actually fits their language.

勉強しているのに、まだ全然わからないんですよ。
助けてください、デキナイちゃん!

Attached: 1506845016221.png (591x716, 322K)

Because you will literally never be as good at it as a native Japanese person, why even bother

Lmao what a loser

i just started kanji, tried learning radicals first but that wasn't interesting so i started reading rtk instead
also why does abstergo's logo look like katakana mu (ム)

She's been knocking back beers waiting for people to finally be able to communicate with her in Japanese

Someday I'll be able to tell her "Let's go for a jog, babe" in Japanese ;_;

She cant, just keep at it. She will only motivate, not teach.

for the wacky foreigner who can almost speak the language but is really cute for trying so hard points

I've only started learning 2 months ago.

for all the nip speaking anons,
hows 2ch/5ch is it better or worse than here

even natives don't know their language perfectly, and since i don't live in japan or planning to live there i don't care

she didnt learn japanese

I'm working on it but I'm only interested in hiragana so I can learn the spoken language. Miss me with the Chinese 5000 hieroglyph shit

Because Memrise changed their format every 6 months and made me start from scratch.

I started it again after a few years though and it’s really improved. Shit they have grammar stuff now instead of just hiragana

五月前、日本語を勉強て始まった。少し出来るよ。あなたは上手ですか?

Attached: raphi smile.png (500x288, 117K)

一応エロゲーでも簡単に読めるんだが
N1失格
ちょっと失望した
装甲悪鬼村正は難なき読めたのに…
辞書の参照無しでバルドスカイの完全攻略を為したのに…

Attached: 1511897782910.jpg (550x778, 263K)

you can't even visit 2ch anymore but futaba is pretty fucking cool

Attached: 1544211161461.jpg (640x480, 16K)

Because the majority of excellent Japanese games get translated, one way or another. I don't feel the need to spend hours of my time learning Japanese just to eventually play slightly more video games.

I don't even know English.
And more and more VNs get English translation.
>Muramasa
>Masadaverse
maybe someday

Holy shit I’m actually recognizing some of the words.

I mean mostly the hiragana, and I haven’t been learning very long. but at least I know it’s sticking.

So the best way to learn it would be to first master hiragana and katakana, but how the fuck will I learn what each word means?

i can read the hiragana and 5, how good am i

but you would get to play japanese games earlier and wuthout shitty localizations that change half of the dialogs for no good reason

Is it better to address a stranger as あんた, あなた, or 君?
あなた sound weird if it isn't your husband/lover

Attached: __toyosatomimi_no_miko_touhou_drawn_by_reddverse__1818ceb43ac7c6cf431a19045f141189.png (1278x1374, 1.21M)

I'm going to keep waiting for that PSP2I patch and there's nothing you can do about it, Dekinai-chan-sensei.
Any day now.

If I can't become competent at something in like 2 weeks I just drop it.

i'm learning russian, retard

because i'm white and can fuck gook sluts even if they don't know what i'm saying.

>want to learn japanese
>but also want to learn a programming language
>limited time so I can't do both
>can't choose one either so I end up doing nothing for another weekend

Attached: Die.jpg (480x360, 21K)

てめえ is definitely more polite than those :^)

Damn that is surprising, I didn't know N1 was that hardcore.

Why the fuck would you do that.
t. russian retard

what about おまえ

DJT guide. Ignore DJT thread. At least this is what JOP god user who live in Japan told me.
And this
>gareblogs.wordpress.com/2013/07/19/learning-japanese-and-how-video-games-can-help-you-with-it/

I'm doing well with basic grammar and Kana. But Kanji are a no-no, i'll have to stick with jisho for that for a while.

that was me 12 years ago, now I'm 30 and I never learned either one.

Probably for Yea Forums. Respect your language fag.

>pachiri
you know even less islander chink than me

Much like art, coding, and video game creation, Japanese is one of the things I gave up on.
Why are you mocking me nearly every day with this now?

Attached: 621.png (1102x1600, 334K)

You're still very dekinai but hang in there, user. Keep in mind that even really stupid people in Japan can speak/read/write the language to a reasonable degree. It only takes regular practice.
頑張って下さい。

use 貴様 to assert your dominance

Because of IP blocking or site going down? Is futaba the cool spot or where should I go.

Personally, I like to use 貴様 (きさま). If you want to be extra polite, extend the ま, like ”きさまっーーー!”

She saw the pain every japanese learner has to go through

きゃあああ!

I don't care about any of that. I'd much rather enjoy a game in my native language that might have a few things inevitably lost in translation than try to bother understanding the nuances of a foreign language work written for people who had been speaking the language their whole lives. Beyond merely just understanding, it'd take a completely absurd amount of work for me to make the two equivalent.

white guy here question for asians, is it normal for girls to ask guys out over there? In uni the only girls that would ask for my number were asian girls. it's cultural etiquette for the guy to ask here.

No thanks, it sucks.
But alright, carry on. I'm not big into books.

Russia has access to 2ch.

I'm getting there but then shit like this pops up

Attached: 出来ない.jpg (590x343, 37K)

I'm drawing anime instead. Learning nip is next though, that would just be my 4th language for me. I can play eroge comfortably with speech already but I want to actually read and write

お前ら日本語を勉強はできない

Attached: 1544251009467.gif (480x480, 2.99M)

You actually don't use any of them if you wanna be polite, you need to imply the (You)

I might take a trip to nipland next year for the potential Babymetal 10th anniversary show in late 2020. Any advice on how to aquire some basic as fuck skills?

Attached: 1567247136267.jpg (882x800, 169K)

>Why are you mocking me nearly every day with this now?
Dekinai-chan only mocks those who look to be mocked.

where are the video games, fuck off faggots

頑張って、 Anonymousくん!

Attached: 1562555845487.jpg (645x767, 241K)

>what are untranslated video games

>almost done with Hiragana
>next is Katakana
What do I do next? Kanji or what?

Post them shitposter sama

>addressing a stranger as you in any form for the average stranger
出来ないよ

Too brainlet. I tried duolingo and it took me a week for to learn "nice to meet you".

I should probably learn my native tongue Spanish before I learn Nip, shouldn't I?

No fuck spanish

degenerate

but I can speak japanese, little cunt :(

check some

Attached: 13215375786.jpg (1920x1080, 369K)

I'm slowly working on it, I enjoy deciphering Raws. I should move to some VN one of these days

thank you bro, this looks really useful. Since I'm not an EOP I feel real confident in learning this shit

Cause it's hard to learn, and I already speak a second language

japanese is an ugly and stilted language. Actually knowing some of it ruined lots of anime for me because what they actually say vs the sub translation is so soulless.

Thanks user! Thanks!

Attached: tumblr_pu23zqp2U51rcpaiyo1_500.gif (500x281, 2.94M)

so what untranslated game are you guys playing?

Attached: summer_pockets.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

>giving up
lol

this

pretty much every Shining Series game that came out since 2006.
Ao no Kiseki
Tales of Destiny: Director’s Cut remake on PS2

>didn't give up on art
>didn't give up on coding
>didn't give up on video game creation
>didn't give up on Japanese
>now doing the art and code for my game and can play Japanese games as well

Attached: get down.gif (480x270, 1.07M)

>JP
>Hard
lol

>not writing your game in japanese for shits and giggles

What did I ever do to you to deserve that
Glad to hear you're doing well user.
I hope your game turns out well and you find some good games to play yourself.

nigga how do you fail N1, you only need around 55% to pass YOU CAN LITERALLY FAIL HALF OF ALL ANSWERS AND STILL PASS
also fix your grammar, jesus christ

俺の責任にもあるwあんなムズイでもなかったあたいは頭悪いだけ
テストは早朝でした
到着時:六時〇〇
気分が最悪だった
寝不足で何も食わず家に出た
本調子の真逆で読解・語彙・文法のパートを参加
苦戦でなんとなく生き延びた
その後休暇
タバコを吸う、参加者のクソオタと雑談、やっぱ頭痛は特に非道かった
その後聴解のテスト
スピーカー限定
バカバカしい質問しか出なかった
頭回らなかった
失格確定でもちょっと希望があった
希望って虚しいなことだ
結果>欠格wwww死ね糞ニート日本語なんて出来る訳がないでしょwwwww
誰か
俺を殺してくれ

Attached: 1502074368168.jpg (1000x1000, 213K)

The verb endings are what's killing me currently. I see some cluster of hiragana after a kanji and generally have no idea what' it's doing to it, or if there's some other things in there. I honestly find it harder to read than kanji, as it seems impossible sometimes to pick a large string of hiragana apart into meaningful parts.

Attached: 1528994110939.png (1000x815, 676K)

>装甲悪鬼村正は難なき読めたのに…
For real? God damn, user.

Attached: 1560404807864.jpg (1024x576, 116K)

How do i get better with grammar without having to reread those stupid textbooks all the time?? I'm reading yotsuba and it's cool but there's too much slang for my taste

>all generic as shit JRPGs
Is this reverse-psychology? Trying to prevent more people from learning Japanese?
Fucking hell, surely you have better examples.

Excellent. I will learn. This demon is my motivation.

Attached: 1567127754119.jpg (2000x2256, 389K)

Anything of value maybe?
Nah that's asking too much from a weeb

I might but I'll probably just get a Japanese friend to translate it, or pay for one if I'm desperate. I can read Japanese but I'm not that confident in writing it.

Never give up user you too can reach your dreams, I want you to know it's possible

Watch anime with subs or translations + raws of anything and compare each line. Yes it takes billions of years to do it like this but it's worth it

things of value get translated

>do the mining strategy
>it works!
>get 80%+ right
>take a break for a couple months
>come back and try my mining deck
>get

Attached: 絶望.png (940x720, 1.27M)

I lack the capablities to live a comfy life in my own country speaking my own language. Learning japanese is far out of my reach.

STUDY GRAMMAR

I would gladly 殺す your ass just for that shitty ブログ you just posted

They should have last version of DJT guide in /jp/ thread OP.

I'm just naming games I like, I mostly play JRPGs so that's what I typed.
Most people on Yea Forums are weebs.

jap is worthless.

Is this Rance 10?

Korea leave

If I knew how to read japanese I'd probably become even worse human trash and spend all my time jacking off to doujins. Thankfully I am too lazy and incompetent to learn diligently.

Machine translation is starting to get so good these days you can surprisingly understand a lot with a texthooker. I remember playing a fangame recently and was able to understand most of the story with a text hooker + Google translate and Microsoft translator. Any puzzles I couldn't solve I just looked at playthrough videos to find the solution.

And the translation seems to be getting better. I'm able to even read a lot of fetish stories on the novel section in pixiv fine (japanese write some truly sick stuff).

Because I’ve been busy and haven’t had time to learn. I plan on starting eventually though. Then i’ll be able to at least know enough to be able to enjoy shit like say Love Live Niconamas without subtitles.

Attached: 56FF3CF4-2941-4CAE-9F78-A2E23553A5E2.jpg (600x376, 77K)

>take a break for a couple months
Why would you do this?

>I want you to know it's possible
I just don't think my brain's programmed for learning, it's hard to motivate myself to do anything most days and when I do I get tired super fast. I'd love to go and do it, I just guess my brain won't let me. I appreciate you trying to help though, thank you.

Well yeah. Modern algorithms are much better. ATLAS times were different.

君の命を終わりにすれば良い

There's no real point in a radical-first approach because you learn them all anyway when learning kanji, and you learn kanji the best by learning vocabulary.

seek mental help

First of all use some sort of app (something like Duolingo) to learn Japanese.
Second of all, be polite as thats what Japanese people prefer you to be. Also make certain that if your enjoying the food, chew loudly....I know that sounds really fucking weird but its literally how japanese people show they are enjoying food.

Attached: 5A1EA90A-477C-4AF3-81E6-BD0E9E7DE2B3.jpg (852x750, 427K)

You can't just take a long break from a language, user

Attached: 1547706872905.png (620x550, 168K)

>use dualingo
>phoneposter
this is some top tier bait
I can't believe you bought a phone just to make this post

Attached: 3.png (806x984, 433K)

Because anything worth a damn is already translated into English.
>inb4 amerimutt
I speak multiple languages, but it is no secret we live in a English centric era.

Attached: 1447528795983.jpg (500x500, 70K)

Attached: Untitled.png (402x226, 14K)

This is what EOPs seriously believe.

Being an ESLOP is no better.

I was using Duolingo as an example. Did not at all say you had to use it.

I speak three languages. But most things end up being catered to English in regards to international products.
Even two parties that don't share a common native language will, in most cases, use English as the lingua franca.

Attached: 1494977501934.gif (500x272, 1M)

Because language knowledge isn't a boolean.

I thought fucking high schoolers were prohibited from posting on Yea Forums.

I've finished the first beginner part on imabi and I know the hundred kanji that first graders are taught. Making progress.

Attached: 1568344166106.gif (605x541, 250K)

>noooo you can't speak other languages, you gotta learn Japanese like me
>this shitty obscure H-RPG is totally worth it and actually GOAT, and no, I'm not saying that just because it's untranslated
You're not fooling anyone.

>But most things end up being catered to English in regards to international products.
Shame we're on a Japanese imageboard clone based around Japanese media, then.

I'm sure you're right, I'm sure there absolutely isn't any value to 2 of the 3 languages you know. The same can't really be said about nip, though.

Learning both of those is easier than you think. Just read how to design programs and the djt guide.
htdp.org/2019-02-24/

Is there a way to gauge ones progress? I can never tell how much I've learned or at what kind of level I am. Something to keep and sometimes check back with as I learn to see how I am doing and feedback.

>this shitty obscure H-RPG is totally worth it
Yes.

Attached: kusarihime2.png (994x748, 920K)

>start learning Japanese
>realize what I really want to learn is Mandarin

Attached: 1426793335886.jpg (1600x1422, 332K)

this is the first denpa game ever right? i recognize that girl

>I'm sure there absolutely isn't any value to 2 of the 3 languages you know. The same can't really be said about nip, though.
This fucking guy.
He's actually fucking serious.

Are you the personification of /jp/? Can I suck your dick?

Many good doujins never get translations. Pisses me off.

>Is there a way to gauge ones progress?
can you ace N1? then you're getting there
you can't ace N1? git gud

HELL yeah dude, suck my COCK

Duolingo can only take you so far, and I haven't started on Genki yet.

Feel free to go and find a site not based around Japanese media, buddy. I'm sure you'll have hours of fun playing CoD and Uncharted 8.

>go and find a site not based around Japanese media
What does this have to do with anything.

>>Duolingo can only take you so far,
Nowhere?

And yet you're speaking English.

>I'll probably just get a Japanese friend to translate it, or pay for one if I'm desperate
Shouldn't you be paying your friend, too?

Is there something else besides that stupid fucking paid test? Something free with more nuanced levels of progress?

Are you me?
I'm trying to learn Front-End and JP
順調です

No shit, it's my native language.

I said nips made good media, I didn't say I wanted to fucking talk to them.

But I am, dekinai-chan. I studied in Uni and am moving to Japan now to work and continue practicing.

>wanting to learn a language that will be dead in 30 years
I'd rather learn Latin if I wanted to learn a dead language

Attached: untitled1_0.png (1268x668, 1.76M)

>using duolingo ever
why

I got to B1 to fill some of my elective classes in college but ran out of steam afterwards. I have 0 use for that language in my life at the moment.

If you think the learning process is nothing but a painful period you stick with for nothing but a nebulous hypothetical reward at the end then you're a fucking retard, yourself.
Learning Japanese is fun. And yes, playing obscure jap-only vidya with that knowledge is rewarding, but it's not just a fucking endgoal that magically makes the thousands of hours of effort vanish just by being there.
Not everyone is a literal fucking retard that needs a carrot on a stick to do anything.
Shitty obscure H-RPGs and untranslated PC98 eroge are the shit though
Can you read shit? Good.
Can't read shit? Git gud.

Attached: possessioner.png (640x400, 39K)

Why am I so scared to start reading? Anki is a curse.

Attached: 1557698888094.png (960x476, 678K)

I can read some shit. And understand some listening. That's the thing. I am in such a vague state of getting good.

>M-M-MUH DEAD LANGUAGE

Attached: 1394223042409.jpg (208x240, 14K)

>We just barged in
>Haha you won't go any further than here
How'd I do?

Never used Anki here, read more VNs than I can count in 2 years.
Ditch that waste of time if it's not working for you, I know it didn't for me.

>Shitty obscure H-RPGs and untranslated PC98 eroge are the shit though
And this is what it boils down to every time. Not interested.

Then you will never learn another language.
It's funny how you made fun of EOP while being one yourself.
It is a fact that you cannot learn a language without speaking with native speakers. At least not at any intelligible level.
So to learn Nipponese you would indeed need to speak with them, or forever be stuck at stage 1 of learning.

Attached: 1506310806829.jpg (600x375, 15K)

vocaroo.com/i/s1JRihRRcc6c

Attached: 1562364390786.png (866x900, 261K)

not an argument

>あんた
>for stranger
A definite "no" on that one, it's used for people you're really close with. It's best to only imply the stranger (the language is such that you can do that easily without using "you"), but if you really have to address, then use "anata".

Then keep getting good. Until you can read all of it and understand all of it.
Then go and socialize in some obscure hobby discord channels or something, until you're not the gaijin who talks funny anymore. That's when you've gotten slightly good enough, but keep going at it until you can read old poetry and dwell in the true artistic works, both those with cultural relevance and those that time forgot, and write entire essays on them. That's when you're at least kind of good enough but you should keep trying harder.

>>It is a fact that you cannot learn a language without speaking with native speakers.
Is this what brainlets seriously believe?

Don't bother with them, they're trying to convince themselves that JP isn't worth learning because they don't want to put in the effort. They're coping.

Attached: 1559537910811.jpg (738x255, 85K)

I am already studying full time and barely managing. Practicing it a bit during vacation was fun though, so I hope to have time to get back to it in the future.
Honestly, aside from kanji bullshit the language seemed to make sense.

this is what happened to me user
i want to go back

>It is a fact that you cannot learn a language without speaking with native speakers.
idiot

氏ね!師ね!士ね!皆死ね!

How the fuck did you learn all that in 5 months. What do?

dead language

Your EOP opinion is meaningless. Try actually talking with other English speakers who managed to learn another language and they will tell you that you must speak with other people to increase your ability.
All of the reading, audio, and video lessons and media consumption will never be enough to become competent in any language.
I know it is crushing to your weaboo wh*Te savior fantasy of moving to Gook island someday, but what I am saying is reality and the truth. You will either realize it now or later, but someday you will remember this moment and say to yourself "user was right again."

Attached: 1506520048434.gif (320x240, 1.43M)

I don't know where to start. I have learned hiragana and katakana, though.

夜露死苦

t. monolingual weeb who thinks he understands Japanese because he read a few grammar books.
youtube.com/watch?v=uACGSiN3ZkI

Attached: 1505456193376.jpg (400x400, 24K)

You don't. Just fucking look at the person and begin with your object if you don't know their name. There's not a single sentence you could come up with that requires you to use the word you in Japanese. If you're talking about things that absolutely require the subject to be addressed you should already know the name of the person you're talking to and in that case you use that. It sounds awkward if you're trying to speak Japanese through your an English translation in your brain but for actual Japanese conversation rules you just use names.

I can read !!!

Attached: tummy.jpg (3834x2146, 949K)

>All of the reading, audio, and video lessons and media consumption will never be enough to become competent in any language.
lol
japanese is a highly phonetic language, if you can read and write, and you're not an anglo you can 100% speak it fluently
sasuga EOPs though

Attached: 1529698547696.jpg (338x494, 72K)

I don't want to move to gook island. I don't want to talk to gooks. Production is something that doesn't appeal to me in the least, because I have no use for it.

I guess I just imagined all my understanding, my brain has just become particularly adept at making up game stories on the fly or something?

You know nothing about it. I've yet to see anyone in this thread that can actually write Japanese properly.

You told me I can't learn it

o.O

Then you won't learn it. Even people who grow up speaking one language will forget a lot of it if they don't use it often.
If you are just consuming information and not interacting with it then you will forget it.
Consume all of the theory you want, you will never be competent if you don't use and interact with the language and culture of said language.

That's because most people don't give a shit about writing, we only want to read and listen.

such an elegant language... such beautiful prose... some things are simply untranslatable

I'm a brainlet, at school they taught everyone Spanish and French and after two years I couldnt even count to 10 in either.

Attached: ScreenShot20180313at3.54.08AM604x330.png (604x330, 296K)

I'm quadrilingual but nice try.
youtube.com/watch?v=nPF7lit7Z00

Tell me the best possible way to learn the language, that will actually teach me to read and speak it, that's not just words and gibberish like Memrise and Duolingo and I'll actually try.

You're over thinking it with verb endings. I recommend using social media like Twitter to get a grasp understanding how nips talk in current time.

Attached: EELBQt6U4AEPyHL.jpeg.jpg (1044x948, 178K)

I'm actually studying now! Going to a snowboarding trip in Hokkaido in January. I was even considering going to one of those Japanese language schools for six months.

useless language

>非道かった
>訳がない
>家に出た
I have doubts about whether these are correct or not.
Why do you even want to pass N1 in the first place? Are you planning on getting a job in Japan or related to Japanese? Either way your production is a lot better than mine. I've never even tried to form my thoughts into Japanese, I just focus on reading and listening because that's all I care to do with the language.

Oh shit, I downloaded this a few days ago and forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder, user

It's absolutely true. Language is a tool for communicating with others. People who spend their time talking to others will learn a language much faster than people who don't, if the people who don't learn at all.

Talk with native speakers and ignore the weebs in this thread. None of them actually know Japanese other than memorizing basic phrases and grammar, but never interact with Japanese speakers.
Interacting is key, I would say at least 60% or more. Then other times you can consume media, read books, and do your apps as a supplement. Especially once you get to the point where you can read books without stopping every other word.
But interacting native speakers is key.

I've already learnt it. I use it practically every day.

Keep up the delusion, though.

this threads literal shit, where are you janny

They are all monolingual and won't listen. They would rather be stuck at step one for 5 years than to accept their methods for learning are not going to work.

Is AJATT fake?

Likewise.

Attached: spongebob_weeb.png (960x1037, 1.57M)

I remember this. Not even Makoto could make any sense of what the fuck that freak was shitting out of his mouth.

I don't necessarily want to learn jap for the media but i actually want to speak enough to live in Japan comfortably one day. how long and how difficult will that be?

I've been studying basic nip so I can understand/translate my asian erotic comic books and video games myself, it's been productive so far.

Attached: 1568220888519.png (658x720, 330K)

>we totally know japanese guys, yet somehow we're not on 5ch right now
>don't think about this too hard guys we totally are fluent
Your next line is "aren't foreign IPs banned on 5ch" and the answer is "not if you have a pass". So what's your excuse?

Obviously, the more you're exposed to Japanese, the easier it is to learn it. Anyone that moves to Japan can learn Japanese x3 as fast as someone in another country.

Beyond that, be careful about taking advice from reddit. They're kind of retarded.

Genki->Genki II->Tobira->Reading shit in Japanese (Books, games, manga)
By the time you've finished Tobira you'll have a good enough grasp on grammar to genuinely understand what's going on in the structure of sentences and then it's all just kanji and vocab memorization. And I 100% believe actually experiencing natural Japanese in Japanese works is far better for that then slamming your head against Anki for an hour a day. With Anki you're never getting context. You might be able to grind a word into your head but it's always better to associate memories, stories and experiences with learning. Hearing and reading a character in a narrative you're invested in constantly talk about meeting up at the 図書館 is going to ingrain that into your brain better than just going TOSHOKAN - LIBRARY - 図書館 - LIBRARY.

truly amazing how bad this thread is sasuga Yea Forums, also fuck you janny.

>It is a fact that you cannot learn a language without speaking with native speakers.
but it's fine if i communicate with natives over the internet for example, right? i don't actually have to go over there and talk to them in person, right? i didn't fly all the way to the UK or US to talk to english speakers and i think my english turned out fine

>paying to shitpost
What the fuck is wrong with you?

are you ok retard?

Depends how many hours per day you put into it.
Now media can help/assist, but anyone who says they learned Japanese by watching anime or listening to vocaloids is lying.
Just start by reading simple "learning" books or watching videos just to get the basics of pronunciation and basic grammar. Then as you get better find people to communicate with. As you improve just use both methods of communicating with people and reading, listening, or consuming other media in that language.
A lot of depends on what you native language is and ease of access to speakers of the language you are learning.
If all else fails just try to join international chat/social media sites. Years ago I used Interpals, not sure if it still exists.
But ideally you want to SPEAK with people, not writing so much. That will come once you get a better grasp on the language, especially if it's Japanese since the writing is Hell.

fuck off

>Va11-HallA devs moved to Japan
>Toby Fox moved to Japan
>Even fucking Moot moved to Japan
Some day, bros... I'm coming home.

Attached: D-pvpzRUEAA6n_z.jpg (1200x1200, 76K)

Because we didn't conquer half the world and establish english as the lingua franca just so we can't learn their language. THEY SHOULD LEARN ENGLISH

That's fucking disgusting. Truly a savage and uncultured people.

I never said which languages I speak. But I have successfully learned two languages and working on more as we speak.
So yeah. I would say I am qualified to know that watching anime and jerking off to visual novels is not enough to learn Japanese or any other language.

Less time than you think, if you move to a bigger metro area it'll be even easier. You'll also learn a LOT faster once you're there. Even basic shit like being constantly presented with signs and listening to directions does a lot for your comprehension. I spent about a month living in Japan for a study abroad program and learned more from just living there and talking to people than I did at any other time.

>Va11-HallA devs moved to Japan
i didn't know that, good for them
imagine going from venezuela to japan lmao

I'm trying to learn.
Sup jozin.

>THEY SHOULD LEARN ENGLISH
They are, they just speak it terribly

>>Va11-HallA devs moved to Japan
>Toby Fox moved to Japan
They didn't. They go on trips but they don't even know japanese.
The Valhalla devs can barely speak english in the first place, don't let your perception on reality cloud by small, context-less snippets of entire lives in social media.
Moot did make it, though. But living in Japan without previous proven success is only hell.
辞めろってまじで

Attached: rs3_312.webm (748x652, 1.67M)

Does the high amount of well-known weeaboo retards define your home?

Did you talk to randoms or clerks/staff of various workforces. isn't it difficult to strike up a coversation with random japs?

Being exposed to it is boneless studying. There is absolutely no point in just being exposed to the language if you are not going to gradually use it at the ssme time to move forward.

Attached: EDK7bmgUEAAeKjQ.png (800x677, 492K)

I know how you feel
it seems so far away
half the people here say it sucks but I still have to see for myself

Attached: faa0765ca6b120ef2b9c9eed4dfda4a816e8b5f2.jpg (614x688, 109K)

The first denpa game would be shizuku.
For time loop stuff like it, pandora no yume.

I also plan on moving to Japan. Not due to Vidya or Weebshit but more because I’ve always had an interest in Japan and its culture. Plus considering how things are going in America....probably the better place to be.

Attached: C89A6835-D5B3-4BBA-9E77-6E02741292E7.jpg (536x640, 270K)

ignore him, he has brain damage
my jp conversational skills were at the same level as those of a native speaker when I first visited japan and I had never even bothered to practice before

t. lying weeb

None of those
If you must use a pronoun, お前 is probably your best bet
But if you can avoid it, do so

Studying abroad means taking classes so I interacted a lot with other students. I had lunch regularly with Japanese students, went out for dinner, drinks, and karaoke, etc. There's a lot of natural opportunities to talk to others without hassling clerks unless you need directions.

Attached: 1496204082194.jpg (600x637, 43K)

Funny I see a thread like this considering I literally just finished a game in JP some 5 minutes ago. I remember when I was still counting but it's been so many now I legit don't know which number is this.

Attached: EEYFFxOWwAAKX7y.jpg (1920x1080, 135K)

Yeah. Last time I posted a few anons pointed out how fucking awful Japans work schedule is and how “not everything is like Akihabara”. I know this shit, and even if Japans work schedule is hell, I’m going to things work. Who knows maybe I won’t even have an office job, maybe I’ll make Indies or some shit.

wrong image lol

>I want to move to Japan

Shit people with no income or taxes say.

Attached: cb263c5b9db3cb27d87cf02421ad6ab5.jpg (1280x1372, 263K)

Attached: yCtfiTI.jpg (1020x1500, 912K)

>going to things work.
Fucked that up. Meant to say “going to make things work”

Attached: 958F1598-6399-42CF-BDB9-16669D665869.jpg (1024x1024, 90K)

holy shit, what a dumb weeaboo.

Attached: 1568210600254.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

>I've spent years mastering this language but spending 10 bucks to use my knowledge is too much
I believe it

I play loli porn games to get better at reading moon
last thing I played was Sex Angel Ariel, it was OK

Attached: cunbun.png (368x688, 248K)

>people actually relying on duolingo

That website sucks and for everyone's sake I recommend not using it if you want to improve your Japanese.

Attached: ECzaLqvUcAAWTjy.jpeg.jpg (1440x810, 90K)

what game?
Looks spooky

Because there is no reason to. I am in Japan now and everything is in English and most people can speak passable English.

Literally no foreigner ever had a successful life in Japan. They all remain white pig losers for the rest of the lives. Join the ranks

Same. It seems like the West is self-destructing. Mass 3rd-world importation, crimes increasing, everyone fighting over benign political bullshit like gender and pronouns, etc etc etc.

Generally, omit any reference of "you" if you can.
>ラーメンが好きですか?
>(Do you) like ramen?
If you know the person and need to clearly indicate that you're talking about them, use their name in place of "you".
>はい、ラーメンが好き!できないちゃんは?
>Yes, I like ramen! Do you (Dekinai-chan)?
If you don't know their name, but can figure out their title or position, use that.
>あの、すみません店員さん!
>Um, excuse me staff member!
If all else fails, use お兄さん, お姉さん, おばあさん, おじいさん, etc.
>この車、お兄さんのですか?
>Is this car yours, sir?

Yeah, what I meant was pay a stranger to do it.

It's a meme

Attached: hours_worked_per_country.jpg (960x684, 95K)

Source: My ass

I'm down a Japanese play through of OoT right now.

it's fucking hard. The only reason I've gotten as far as I have is because I've played it so many times before.

t. "I would have passed N1 if I had speaking practice partners :'(" brainlet

What to use then?

This is the kind of poster I imagine every time I see someone use "I lived in Japan for x years" to appear as some kind of authority.

It really isn't hardcore at all.

>kana-only
YOU'RE AN ADULT, SPEAK IN KANJI LIKE THE REST OF US GODDAMMIT

Is this actual gibberish or what the fuck

Attached: 1550240588776.png (500x372, 220K)

i dunno, what he says kind of makes sense
hanging out in forums for many years did actually help me improve my english and you are using the language when talking to natives
i'm just curious about whether or not it matters if i talk to people in real life or with a keyboard

Look up "Human Japanese"
Good program for beginners. They have a free trial to see if you like it. You learn some basic writing, grammar, pronunciation, and some cultural context as well.

Attached: Human-Japanese_1.png (806x590, 152K)

I'll be good enough someday. And that day, I'd like to translate a few degenerate nukige for all my fellow EOP niggas out there, Just like how some great people did before me. It'll take me years, but I'll get there eventually

Attached: 1499750938217.jpg (650x559, 205K)

Since this is Yea Forums, name successful foreigners in japanese vidya. Not random employees, higher ups who were promoted ahead of their nip colleagues in a nip company. That just doesn't happen.

>Babymetal 10th anniversary
Oh my God I'm aging at the speed of light

I'm mute and illiterate.

Yeah it really is. More of an incentive to move elsewhere. Not gonna be easy but I’m going to do my best to make it work. Hoping to be in Japan in at least the next decade or so. Most of that time is gonna be spent learning Japanese and ya know actually preparing to get visas and shit for permanent residency.

Attached: BA77679C-E272-4197-BBA2-EB4149DA0400.jpg (852x750, 356K)