What do you lads think of the Great Ones?

What do you lads think of the Great Ones?

Attached: bloodbornekos.jpg (1280x966, 253K)

i hated the human face

Nobody cares what you hated.

You just asked what he thinks.

If kosm is so great how come she dead?

isn't the point of their humanoid traits to imply a common origin with humanity itself?
they're not perfect beings and can be harmed and killed

no he didn't

Mommy Kos

you guys take it too literally I think.
The kos we see in the nightmare is more of a figurative representation for gehrman and what he did. In the nightmare he is the orphan I believe. At least in some metaphysical way.
The face on kos could well be just a representation of gehrman's relationship with maria.

Attached: 1550793716241.png (226x220, 23K)

>The kos we see in the nightmare is more of a figurative representation for gehrman and what he did. In the nightmare he is the orphan I believe. At least in some metaphysical way.

Attached: nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg (800x450, 18K)

If they're so great why do they need humans, a species with SO FEW EYES, to have kids?

Huh? You think about that?
Punk ass Great Ones.

they are p great

If I expect 1 thing in the nightmare to not be symbolic it would be kos imo considering she created it. Gherman is tied to the orphan because of his guilt but I don't think the connection is any deeper.

they are great

Wait so is the Orphan of Kos the dream avatar of Gehrman? Who boned Kos to make the child? I'm pretty sure great ones need a mate to produce a offspring.

Maybe Gehrman got some squid pussy and the orphan is his child? Fill me in lore-fags.

They're explicitly linked by the doll's dialogue after you beat the dlc.
Part of gehrman's sleeping dialogue implies he's having a nightmare. It's not out of the realm of the game to imply a 'dream within a dream' type scenario.
The way laurence is represented in the nightmare is subject to the same scrutiny as well.

The Hunter's Niightmare is more likely the place Kos cursed the hunters to go after their death. Remember we hear a feminine voice at the start of the dlc.

The actual orphan of kos probably looked something like the celestial children just more fishy. It was found alive in kos's alien womb when Byrgenwerth raided the hamlet, it was removed and dissected. How the orphan appears in the nightmare is largely supposed to be symbolic. It's an anamalistic old guy because it was never allowed to be born and grow up normally. It looks human because probably the only thing it ever saw while alive was Gherman cutting it out of kos so that's it's impression of the world or whatever

Attached: 1548203334047.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

>Wait so is the Orphan of Kos the dream avatar of Gehrman?
What? It was the root of the Hunters' sins, the Old One they originally acquired. They existed as a distinct and singular organization from Byrgenwerth. They were affiliated with the Church but clearly separate from the Chorus.
>Who boned Kos to make the child?
Formless Uedon sure likes knocking up anything he can knock up.
>I'm pretty sure great ones need a mate to produce a offspring.
Who the hell even knows man? The entire game is essentially a cosmic abortion and the main character is a parasite feasting on the blood of the dying infant in order to grow into a god itself.
>Maybe Gehrman got some squid pussy and the orphan is his child?
Nah nigger Gehrman and Maria massacred the fishing village to get to the Orphan and its mother. They took its umbilical cord and it probably died stillborn. The Hunter's Nightmare is some horrid hellscape that exists to trap the souls of blood drunk Hunters. For all anyone knows they made the Dream in a failed attempt to escape that fate.

Wasn't the femenine voice from Lady Maria?

No it was a fishing hamlet villager, one that was cut from the final version of the game

You know, that's an interesting point you brought up. Maybe I was taking it too literally and all the humanoid shapes are probably representations the human mind can comprehend. Same thing could apply to the Moon Presence

I think kosfags should die

Attached: Kos vs Kosm.jpg (610x684, 104K)

>said just that one time because Micolash is crazy
>bruh i swear it's Kosm

Attached: 1560030923776.jpg (1024x768, 200K)

I do, which invalidates your response.

I want to fuck her, honestly

Attached: Grind and grind and grind.png (2106x968, 948K)

For the same reason we still need sperm and egg cells to make babies.

Fag, or some say faggot

What is cosmic eldritch pussy like?

That cloaca(?) probably smells like dead fish.

Then my dick will smell like a fish cannery

I would

You're just gonna have to settle with her 3dmesh on SFMLabs.

like regular pussy but bigger and trippier

Attached: 1517606364845.jpg (830x949, 261K)

How the fuck can pawsi be trippy

They don't look so great.

Who was the first great one encountered? Was it Oedon?

Why are anime posters always retarded?

I want to serve Mommy Ebrietas!

by humans? Probably kos. Oedon is just a voice in people's heads that makes you go crazy eventually so I don't know if you can really call people's experiences with him an encounter

Very slick, pale blue and lined with dark purple flagella.

Attached: 1551843598274.png (580x850, 739K)

Imagine if lovecraft lived long enough to read this

If Lovecraft were alive today he'd be a /pol/-/x/ crossboarder desu

>Lovecraft discovering Saya no Uta, Nyarko, or Ane Naru Mono

hot

fucking kek glad that template still exists

Attached: Frampt.jpg (900x900, 164K)

>long enough to read the sexualization of the internal workings of his mind

Bruh he was totally thinking about tentacle eldritch snatch of his own, he probably just figured people were too puritanical at the time to accept his insanity, that already didn't accept what he was putting out as it was, he didn't truly gain praise for his work until he had been dead for years.

Really bothered me too. After all the lore and the actual Great Ones we see in the main game KOS has a human face? Just a bizarre design choice really. I don't know if Miyazaki was trying to be like "they were just the human's precursors all along!!" but we already had the Pthumerians who were the exact same shit. DUDE CYCLES LMAO. Bravo Miyazaki.

Attached: 837.jpg (295x342, 16K)

Attached: 1532501128546.png (830x974, 149K)

>he didn't truly gain praise for his work until he had been dead for years.
Not true, his writing was popular enough that he was able to live entirely off of selling his stories to magazines within his lifetime.

Nah, apparently he kinda regreted his humongous racism in the last years of his life

Sorta, he kinda doubled down right at the very very end after a few years of "maybe it's not so bad"

The Old One in Demon's Souls

Attached: The Old One.jpg (2386x944, 1.08M)

Fuck the corpse to gain greater insight

I like the theroy that kos is a human, possibly from Loran, who did exactly what the player does and became a great one but still retains some human features
>Bruh he was totally thinking about tentacle eldritch snatch of his own
is that why he married a jewess?

Attached: download.jpg (250x296, 18K)

How would it even work? With the size difference and all?

Attached: 1568402846185.gif (250x190, 1.03M)

>is that why he married a jewess?
Was that before or after he wrote "The Thing on the Doorstep"?

In fairness his marriage to Sonia Greene was not the most stable one, and it's part of the reason they divorced eventually that she couldn't reconcile her husband's antisemitism with you know, the fact that he's dicking her.

It's mind breaking, Old One puss. I ain't gotta explain shit.

I wish I understood Bloodborne's lore a bit more. I feel like Dark Souls and Demon Souls are so much more straightforward, even with the time fluctuations. But the dream shit in Bloodborne really fucks me up. I understand the basics, but whenever I try to put everything together mentally, some things are just really unclear.

Life, uh, finds a way.

Sounds lovecraftian to me

>You will never stick it in her gill slits.

watch some JSF

Didn't they find the spider in the lake before the exposition to the fishing village?

Everything that happens after the old wheelchaired man gives the transfusion is in a dream. Cut game dialogue kinda confirms this.

Ebrietas was the first
Are you talking about Rom? That happened later and she was previously a normal human

She also has a face which can be used, and I'm sure there's a way for her to create a Dream just for your pleasure

Attached: Kosmic Feel.png (1000x1172, 1007K)

I hate how the only green rune worth a damn means you HAVE to do Eileen's questline.

BB is three drafts of a story and world glued together. There's no making sense of it.

unbirth

going off The BB world a world stitched together by the dreams/delusions/nightmares of a multitude of people held together by the Old Ones.

The Exectioner's rune isn't too bad.

Right, you enter the dream when you get the transfusion in the beginning but that doesn't mean that nothing in the game actually happened. I think this fucks up a lot of people and they react like "that's stupid it was all a dream that didn't matter?" It did happen, just in a dream "reality." Maybe a better way to put it is Yharnam exists in a different realm, which we earthly humans can only reach through dreaming.

I assume you meant to reply to but the fact of the matter is, the other caryll runes just don't match up to faster stam regen.

kek

Lovecraft had interesting ideas but he was an awful writer

he also had a pretty cool cat

Attached: 1518073425851.jpg (830x895, 69K)