Metal Gear Solid V - Death Stranding

Why the hell DS looks exactly the same as MGSV in almost every single fuckin way?

Attached: 445454.jpg (2124x1500, 1.2M)

it doesn't

Because it’s made by Hideo Kojima you fucking retard

How is this even a question

Because that poster was made by the same artist

this is a perfect thread, user

It caught my attention too.
DS animations are almost copy pasted.

It's a Hideous Kojimbles film

Attached: 1381373253109.jpg (436x640, 36K)

probably because youre an actual mouthbreather kid who thinks TPP invented this type of poster when in reality its just kojimas film fanwankery showing its colors

Don't fix what's not broken.

Because Kojima essentially ripped the entire engine and is using this as his MGS6 just with different characters.
Are you blind or fucking stupid?

>Because Kojima essentially ripped the entire engine and is using this as his MGS6 just with different characters.
I played Horizon Zero Dawn, and damn Kojima made Decima his bitch.

>DS animations are almost copy pasted.
They're not even similair since the guy in DS walks around with a heavy load on his back. When the fuck does that happen in MGS5 exactly? Maybe they had the same mocap actors but the animations are clearly different

>Are you blind
Yes user, this game that so far has shown zero shooting mechanics is totally MGS. Ancestors The Humankind Odyssey, that's a blatant MGS3 clone. I mean frogs, jungle, come on

It's the exact same stance and walking animation as Venom Snake in MGSV, even I can see that, the model is just hunched over ever so slightly more to make room for the backpack.

>Kojima sells demo for a full price
>people buy it
>Kojima releases MGS5
>people praise it
>Konami fires Kojima
>suddenly MGS5 is a shit, unfinshed game ruined by Konami who didn't allow Kojima to make a masterpiece that he had in his mind
>Death Stranding looks like MGS5
>holy shit, best game ever!

They just imported BB's animations and reskinned them over Sam

>Because Kojima essentially ripped the entire engine

I love how all these tech illiterate retards talking about "fox engine gameplay" were utterly baffled and blown the fuck out by death stranding having the same core gamefeel as TPP when its on the decima engine but now it changed into "kojima stole the entire engine from konami"

Have you missed the recent gameplay trailer with said shooting mechanics? Have you missed the walking gameplay trailers where the animation is exactly like MGSV? Hell the reticule of the shooting is straight lifted.

>exact same stance
>hunched over ever so slightly
So not the exact same stance. More like the same actor doing a different stance.

walking simulator

>people actually saying it doesn't look like MGSV with a new coat of paint
Look I love Kojima and MGS as much as the next person, but you guys are honestly getting to be ridiculous at this point.

>shooting mechanics
You mean launching a rope at an enemy? Is that really shooting though? Or is throwing grenades shooting? I don't think any bullets were shot.

I played MGS5 for 200 hours and finished every side op, trust me I would spot lifted assets. There are none.

This engine is god like

Attached: decima-engine-advances-in-lighting-and-aa-1-638.jpg (638x359, 42K)

Decima and Fox are basically the same engine, no shit they look the fucking same, especially with Kojima overseeing games for both of them.

Then you need to see an optometrist.

I'm not that retard but he used some gun to shoot his blood out like a laser at one point. Looked cool.

Thank her for Death Stranding, Yea Forums

Reminder that Aloy is here to stay forever

Attached: tumblr_owlipv3Kvu1rvrhczo2_500.jpg (500x750, 133K)

Not him, but the grenade animation is certainly the same.

>you can only shoot bullets, if you use a device to launch ANY other projectile it's now not shooting

So I guess when you use a crossbow or a long bow you're actually throwing arrows and when you land a skillful shot it's not REALLY a skillful shot it's a skillful throw?

You mean you don't shoot rope?

I believe all the shitting and showering stuff was meant for V. In fact all of death stranding was meant for V. Too bad he screwed around so much instead of actually working on V

Some of you can't be serious and think it doesn't look like MGSV with a bigger just as empty map, which is not a good thing.

>sell 15% completed game for half price (ground zeroes)

>sell 45% completed game for full price (mgsv)

>sell fully completed game for full price (death stranding)

Yeah I'm sure kojimbles sees this as a great loss and has to cry himself to sleep into wads of 100,000 yen notes.

>mocapped animation of a man throwing a grenade is similar to another mocapped animation of a man throwing a grenade
Holy shit. They're clearly not exactly the same and I actually just wasted a minute of my time comparing them. Fuck you.

Honestly it really does seem that way. It feels like a lot of this stuff was a continuation of the Venom storyline with the zombies/parasite and coming to terms with your own morality and who you are.

It really is just MGS6 with a different characters basically.

Horizon Zero Dawn s actually 5% of Death Stranding and that's 100% copy pasted from Killzone.

The empty map you're seeing will be littered with user generated items and objects when the game is launched, it's a necessity to keep it barren and open so that objects will appear at a distance and be more eye catching when you happen upon them, if the game was filled with complex structures and hidden alleys you might not even see half the shit other people are dropping into the game

I have played hundreds of games and unless its a direct rip of the engine/animations (or the same series which again fits that criteria in most cases), there hasn't been a single comparative grenade throw at all.

I doubt this is some magical coincidence, this is the game industry when re-using assets to cut costs and old animations you had worked on on previous games under a new engine is far more cost effective and easier to do.

You mean like how SotC was littered with Lizards and Fruit? Oh boy I cant wait to find all these useless things among the world in my long walk instead of actually playing. Thank god this isn't MGS, lord knows walking across a desert until I finally found a base to kill dudes was enough of a process, let alone a map way bigger.

God I can't wait to see all the threads going "ITS JUST MGSV I WAS DUPED" now.

I think this is our new TORtanic lads, it's finally happened.

What’s in that yellow bottle? An alien?

An allegory for life and death, a baby.

But the animations are not the same frame for frame, they're the same in that it's an animation of a dude throwing a grenade but that's precisely where the similarities begin and end. There is no balance mechanic for walking in mgsv, there ARE balance walking mechanics in DS and they are what the user has to interpret to walk effectively in game so the animations are not the same. What you're ACTUALLY saying when you say "the animations are the same" is the art direction for the games. Yes the art is the same because they're employing the same artists to make the game. It's like saying the animations for futurama, the Simpson's and disenchantment are all the same because Matt Groening did all of the original concept character artwork for the three shows, except when you actually watch the shows you'll notice subtle differences in the actual animations of all three.

How do you play video games if you're blind. Do you have someone telling you what's on the screen?

kojimbo is finishing the fight that konami wouldn't let him finish
fucking kino

No, they are literally the same, you can go and make a webm and line them up and see for yourself.

Well the TGS demo showed vehicles left by other players, ladders, ropes, mailboxes, areas where you can listen to music to regenerate lost stars, and bridge that was created to allow other players to traverse a chasm that you would otherwise probably have to walk around, if you think that user generated objects are the same as assets placed in a game during the games production like the fruit and lizards in Sotc then I think I'm done talking to you

Of course it's not a fucking coincidence. The game is made by many of the same people as MGSV so it happens to look quite similar in some ways. Jesus christ.
There's literally no reason that they'd run the risk of getting sued out the ass by Konami just to steal some short animations that they could quickly redo using Sony's mocap equipment that they were already using.

You mean Yea Forums will bitch about while it's a success everywhere else, as with every game?

Anyone else noticed Sly, Jak, and Toro during the presentation?

Oh so in order to have these items, other players have to leave them, so after about a week there aren't going to be any items because the average player will stop playing it like they do every game?

Good to know.

Nypa, I've already looked myself, if you want me to work for you pay me faggot.

A success in sales does not equate to quality and entertainment.

Sweet goalposts brah

Aww, thank you. They were funded by the NFL.

>so in order to get items you HAVE to get them from other players

Please never have children, take your statement to its logical conclusion. How the fuck would a player be able to acquire and leave an item that can only be picked up by other players leaving them? Obviously there needs to be way to acquire the items organically through crafting or ingame currency purchase to attain said item to leave it for someone else to use.

Yes and Yea Forums shitposters are also not a good measure of quality.

It does faggot.

It's your travel companion and BT detection device, the happier/less stressed he is the better he is at functioning as your detector.