Ai The Somnium Files

Will it be good? Will you forgive Uchikoshi if it is good? Who is actually going to pay an AAA price tag for a B game?

Attached: 1553207685022.jpg (1124x1390, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_L1m7YtGYdY
youtube.com/watch?v=siOCjEydLUU
youtube.com/watch?v=RiAuHX8jxpw
youtube.com/watch?v=-kyIGT1HSSU
youtube.com/watch?v=2chWa_31nmA
youtube.com/watch?v=gnYAylJMXas
youtube.com/watch?v=oAvCssRk9DY
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5F3Cl7FC7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

looking forward to it honestly

if its half as good as ghost trick, ill buy it.

I don't forgive Uchikoshi after this.

Attached: mv12.webm (640x448, 980K)

I'm gonna torrent the game. fuck you Uchikoshi

spoonfeed me on Uchikoshi. I loved ghost trick.

I can't pay 60 bucks for a game where the text is in Comic Sans, sorry.

Spoonfeed you what?

He's a jap writer who's claim to fame was the Infinity Trilogy of VNs (Never7, Ever17, Remember11), which are notorious for their crazy twists. Then moved onto the Zero Escape trilogy, which recycles many of the same ideas from the Infinity series, but edgier.

What do you mean he recycles ideas?

>60$ for this
it's deal for 20$
torrent otherwise

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kozaki

No
No
Not me

Attached: look forward to it.jpg (530x1235, 353K)

Zero Escape's entire idea of playing through multiple routes and remembering elements of them in other routes, called the morphogenetic field in those games, was already in the Infinity trilogy. VLR's secret ending where they address the player was also similar to a plot element in Infinity, but they then dropped that whole thing in ZTD as non-canon metafiction.

I did the Zero Escape trilogy in the last year with two friends. 999 restored my optimism in vidya and ZTD crushed it all again.

>VLR's secret ending where they address the player was also similar to a plot element in Infinity, but they then dropped that whole thing in ZTD as non-canon metafiction.
With the amount of hate ZTD gets, does that mean people wanted it to retread the Infinity stuff?

No, not really, although ignoring it after bringing it up was Uchikoshi's fuckup. The reason to hate ZTD is for being a shit sequel that fails to address a significant amount of questions from 999 and VLR while also itself being a shit game with poor direction and the idiotic non-linear storytelling resulting in constant repetition of the same shit, butchering returning characters, and having a terrible story all around, while also in itself not actually resolving the overarching plot and instead just setting up another game at the end.
And that's without even touching on how ZTD suddenly brings aliens into the setting as the characters use their alien fax machine for some puzzles.

Which game had the best opening?

Never7
youtube.com/watch?v=_L1m7YtGYdY

Ever17
youtube.com/watch?v=siOCjEydLUU

Remember11
youtube.com/watch?v=RiAuHX8jxpw

I/O
youtube.com/watch?v=-kyIGT1HSSU

Root Double
youtube.com/watch?v=2chWa_31nmA

youtube.com/watch?v=gnYAylJMXas

VLR
youtube.com/watch?v=oAvCssRk9DY

ZTD
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5F3Cl7FC7I

It was meant to be the finale of a series and to tie up all unresolved plot threads, and VLR was an entire game dedicated to bulding up ZTD
Instead of doing what he said he would do he decided to
>try to copy telltale to bait people who have never played a VN in their lives even if it meant that the game would be shorter and worse due to how expensive to make animated cutscenes and voice acting compared to lines of text
>ignore all plot threads, retcon many and don't resolve anything set up by VLR just so newcomers can enjoy the game
It was pretty much a betrayal

What's the difference between Uchikoshi and Nakazawa's writing styles?

Uchi place more emphasis on emotional moments and shock value
Naka place emphasis on infodump infodump infodump

Never7 PSP's opening.

is this the new project from the danganronpa team?

So why does Yea Forums have so many Nakazawa cocksuckers?

I'm kind of torn. I kind of don't want to get burned again, but if it ends up being great and I get spoiled it'll be terrible.

I'm not sure if that's what you're implying, but this game has nothing to do with Ghost Trick. Shuu Takumi wrote Ghost Trick, not Kotaro Uchikoshi.

It was a gentle betrayal.
Was thoroughly enjoying the crash.

infodumps and autistic characters are entertaining

Lot of reviews are saying its His best story. I find it hard to believe but its been getting pretty favorable reviews save for the twinfinite one. I also fully realize ZTD got good reviews too

the biggest reason ZTD was shit is because it completely failed to deliver as the end of a series

As a self contained story somnium files probably is mediocre at worst

ZTD was ruined because Uchi wrote the original script before Zero Escape 3 got canned, and when the time came to actually make the game he was bored of it and completely rewrote the story with a few other dudes helping.

So just buy it to be safe?

I'm buying physical(which got delayed a week) so if its true trash i can flip it on Ebay for $55 easy and make most my money back. Everything is looking good though so I'm still pretty excited

>not pirating it
a literal cuck

>spoiler
God damn, that was the most infuriating thing. There were so many other interesting things already present in the previous entries he could have pulled from to make that deus ex machina work. For all the weird urban legends, cultist imagry, and metaphysics bullshit he goes and pulls aliens out of his ass as an eleventh hour plot resolution that never gets elaborated on.

You are a complete idiot.

>giving money to uchikoshi
>calling other idiots
thanks for the laugh