Sakurai confirms their will be a large amounts of cuts in Smash 6

Yea Forums BTFO’d

Attached: 25522981-6E98-4F8B-9ADA-C90AF2C68721.jpg (640x837, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DPh3HM6ofWU
smashultimatespirits.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he's in fags on suicide watch

Fake news, the game is called Smash Special in Japan, why would Sakurai use the English name?

Go fuck yourself OP

I'm not ready for the "He's out" spam

Good, the roster needs major editing/overhauling. A lot of superfluous characters like ROB and Cloud can be cut completely.

>Anti-cutfags never understood that 'cutfags' were just people being realistic and trying to tell them this all along

They should keep Snake. Nobody else on the roster is as fun as he is.

Seems like all those DLC characters didnt boost new sales for smash.

Because Sakurai's leaving you faggots
He's adding as much shit as possible to make the next Smash game (not developed by him) a disappointment, if there even is one.

Snake is mostly associated with Snoyshit, you could easily replace him with someone that has been in more Nintendo systems like Bomberman

>He's adding as much shit as possible to make the next Smash game (not developed by him) a disappointment, if there even is one
It will still sell at least over 8 million copies

Cut every third party and add only based first parties like Marx and Toad

wtf first pokemon and now smash...
THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING NINTENBROS

Attached: nincel.jpg (920x1091, 264K)

He's fun to play as but playing against him is grueling. He should not be able to pull 2 grenades.

I'm just a rosterfag. Actually I don't care that much, I just look forward to shitposting about the cuts

That's a good thing.
The next Smash should focus on quality over quantity. Remake the original veterans to be more faithful of their actual games (with the exception of fighters like Captain Falcon where that's impossible). Come up with new interesting mechanics.

It will have Ring Fit Trainer though

why are you Bomberman fans so insufferable?

>Roster gets massive cuts
>Still 20 Fire Emblem Characters

The real question is will Echoes get dropped or not?

If he leaves they'll just cut all the unimportant Kid Icarus, fire emblem and Retro fighter shit

Only good thing that might get cut is Shulk and Cloud

>Still falling for the falseflaggers
C'mon user.

>Implying he's wrong

Here's hoping that next Smash will be like Power Stone.

What they mean is that there's no way smash 6 won't cut content so that it can be sold again later as DLC

Cloud getting cut is likely but Shulk is part of a big, fairly-new first party IP

Theres a reason its called ultimate. This the last one sakurai is willing to do

everyone is here

nice try, but he's deconfirmed so no detractor gives a damn about him, it can only be his shit fanbase.
Metal Gear has had plenty of games on Nintendo platforms

HOES MAD HOES MAD sakurai will not cut any characters from the roster dummy cause if he did then nintendo would be losing money

Good, the fact trophies of all things got cut is truly pathethic, worst part is that retarded Smashfags unironically think their are a waste and calls it "meme mode"

Fucking zoomers.

It's not called Ultimate in Japan

Id take a melee sized roster with all new moveset

hell no fuck corrin and fuck fire emblem we don't need anymore fe reps we have enough already

>Metal Gear has had plenty of games on Nintendo platforms
Less than 8, Snoy is what made him big, nobody gives a fuck about MGS on Nintendo

Bomberboy shits on him in terms of Nintendo history, dude was in a crossover with big dick Wario

user, this is well-documented, it's one faggot spamming this shit constantly. After Banjo got confirmed, suddenly came the Bomberman ((fans)) acting insufferable. It's been this way for a year now.

Attached: Stoptalkingaboutvideogamesguys.png (1083x106, 19K)

Well yeah no shit, this is clearly the greatest smash there will ever be. The roster is a fucking miracle. Which is why i want them to milk them as much as possible, the next one will inevitably feel lame in comparison

>"DUDE THE NEXT GAME IS GONNA HAVE A ROSTER SMALLER THAN BRAWL'S AND IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE A BOOTLICKER"
>being realistic
yeah right

Attached: reflecto2.png (191x211, 29K)

>dude they both have explosives so it's the same
You could hardly translate Snake's tilts and weight to Bomberman lmao

>sakurai will not cut any characters from the roster dummy cause if he did then nintendo would be losing Money
Brawl had cuts and that sold WAY more than Melee, Smash 3DS has cuts and that is one of the best selling 3DS games of all time

Cuts mean shit retard, Nintendo will still make millions from it even if they cut over 10 characters

It's amazing that when presented with two options, either a 3d model gallery they can austistically look at or a new mode with literally hundreds of gameplay-altering fun fights they would rather look at the virtual statues

Cutting is impossible. Mario has the highest roster. Zelda hasn't had a new character since Brawl,but I understand why. Pokemon needs to stop with the Kanto pandering. I could go on.

>Fire Emblem gets cut down to just Marth/girl Marth
>Pokemon gets cut to just Trainer and Pikachu
>Cloud and Hero gone cause SE
Besides that I don't know what else is being cut

wdym the next smash game will be as awesome as ultimate retard

>>>/twitter/

What the fuck is this reply? I can't even parse it. Am i talking to a 12 year old?

Kill yourself zoomerfaggot spiritssucker, it's literally event mode, but shit

Who are you quoting?

>lucinafag
Fuck you and your nu-FE garbage

Fuck Lucina, just keep Marth, Ike, and Robin

I don't see why they would have to cut anyone next game. The assets are of a high enough quality that they can just reuse them for the next couple of gens.

Probably, Yea Forums is full of them now.

WHAT IS THIS THREAD? HE LITERALLY STATED THIS YEARS AGO

People would be more okay with Spirits replacing Trophies if they still had descriptions attached to them and weren't just JPEGs after you fought them.

Despite what autistic cutfags seem to believe, the large roster of characters is something 95% of the community actually loves. People like having a bunch of characters to play with instead of autistically complaining about who "deserves" to be in a fucking video game. So i'm pretty sure they'll only be cutting characters they absolutely can't continue to have in the game, so third parties mostly. I'm pretty sure most of the nintendo-owned characters aren't getting cut, simply because there's no practical reason to cut them

That would be the worst case scenario. Why would I just not just play Ultimate then? For a few more gimmicky characters? Fuck that. Smash shouldn't turn into Madden.

Ultimate has so many stock + dlc characters that it's a huge turn-off for me. Brawl had about the right amount.
Often times, less is more.

While i do love spirits mode, i 100% agree with this. I liked reading the descriptions. At least there's that one autistic website that bothred to make descriptions for every single spirit

>Fuck Lucina
Your wish is my command

Attached: 0wario.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

>don't see why they would have to cut anyone next game. The assets are of a high enough quality that they can just reuse them for the next couple of gens
Retard, they cut assist trophies in this game despite having models for them in Smash 4

Because making characters takes time, dingus. Obviously the more characters = the more time they have to spend making them, which inevitably leads to quantity over quality.

>I want the game to have LESS GAMEPLAY OPTIONS
Sometimes i wonder if everyone on this website is on crazy pills

Reminder that Waluigi is a shoo-in next game and there is literally nothing you can do about it

Attached: 1532498794186.jpg (399x372, 194K)

Are you capable of being anything but reductive?
It's not as simple as "more = better". Nintendo is not gonna spend 10 years making each game. They will inevitably make sacrifices. We've already seen a lot of recycled ideas with DLC characters.

It's called Special, which is even more indictive of it being a magnum opus for soccerguy

DLC’s main purpose isn’t to boost new sales, but get people already owning the game to spend more money on it. Granted, getting new players to buy the game is a nice bonus, and likely why all the DLC fighters (so far, excluding Pirahna Plant) have been from new third party franchises.

Nah user, this website's been overrun with casualfags. The change was gradual, which is why you're only noticing it now

>All of these people saying that won't buy the next game because of cuts
Stop lying to yourselves anons, you're gonna buy Smash games no matter what happens

They will mostly cut third parties anyway, which is a blessing since shit like Joker finally leaves the roster for good

Which ones?

I much rather see more smash-like battle royale games like Kirby fighters and hell give Fire emblem their own knock off

But it's the casuals that want big rosters.

It's called Special, as an it's a special occasion that everyone has returned

Literally it, stop pulling shit from your ass zoomerfaggot

Funny since Ultimate has less gameplay options if you like single player.

She is literally just a Marth echo

Not him, but Marth has three variants and Link two. Bringing everyone back shows how unbalanced Smash is in terms of character picks and deadlines. Outdated chart, but the point still stands.

Attached: 1546125732881.png (2616x4100, 1.3M)

I'll believe it when I see it. Every smash game since Melee was going to be "not that big" and "the last one" and it keeps getting bigger. Outside of some licensing issues with 3rd party characters I could see nearly everyone returning. There's be no reason to cut a 1st party character when they can just copy and paste them in from Ultimate.

Saki Amamiya
Infantry and Tanks
Tingle
Lakitu
Kat and Ana
Magnus
Elec Man

That's all well and good but you still have to make and balance all their movesets according to the changes made in general phisics and whatnot, nevermind the nightmare that is licensing for all the 3rd parties.

>Implying Nintendo won't just hire someone else and port the whole game and expand on it

>lmoa grenades
>fun

>5mash is announced
>all DLC characters dont make it in

Attached: 1455354322243.jpg (291x466, 30K)

Hoping for Pokemon Trainer, Falco, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Fire Emblem, Sheik, and Cap Falcon cut in the next game.
Only faggots care or use them.

>licensing
That's the biggest issue. They almost didn't get Cloud back because Squeenix demands a shit ton of money and is tightfisted over songs, characters etc.

I can see them doing this just to avoid renegotiating new contracts for all the third parties. Just keep porting Ultimate and updating the graphics/adding characters.

Kek, it's the casuals who're in favor of cutting down the pokedex. And it's the casuals who're in favor of cutting down characters they are too young to know about

>chrom stays but banjo gets cut
Would be a riot.

I personally think Ultimate will be the last entry in the series, Nintendo will just keep on adding characters instead of re-skinning the whole game. Characters already in the game will get changes like characters for other fighting games have been doing with a new season. For all we know by the time development stops on Smash you might have around 200 characters to play with.

how does that mean i came from twitter yall have been invading twitter hypocrite

This was announced almost immediately after the whole "EVERYONE IS HERE" trailer. We already knew this.

Doesn't work that way. They have to regain and renegotiate the licenses. Whenever Smash's DLC is done completely, if they do what you guys suggest, expect at least two of them to be cut.

Attached: This ride's never gonna end..png (1325x205, 25K)

I love how game journos make articles out of a Nintendo direct direct line tjst everyone watched anyway

Easiest job ever

i'm 20 jerk i'm guessing you are a 12 year old

>Fire Emblem and Splatoon have the same amount of sales despite the huge difference in time and games
We need to replace the FE characters with more cephalopods.

Attached: __hime_and_hotaru_splatoon_splatoon_1_and_splatoon_2_drawn_by_wong_ying_chee__4d82934c9c3ba6437083be (800x563, 280K)

Pokemon Trainer, and Pikachu are the two pokemon characters that should be kept

facts waluigi is awesome

i thought ultimate was supposed to be the last one?

post it

>Smash, one of the most profitable franchises Nintendo has
>200 character liscencing hell
>They will just stop making Smash games instead of free money with the next entry
Peak delusions

Attached: 1568378845928.jpg (762x1024, 77K)

Ultimate was literally said to be the last one with all characters and that new game would be a reboot. I don't know what the fuck the point of this thread is.

Future smash game(s) will be like minecraft, a platform that is continuously added into and updated instead of building a new game every generation

Imagine the headache just to get all the returning characters back. It would be a nightmare. THEN you have to design a game around it?

I see the future of Smash being a different model from the traditional game. Like some sort of continuously updated thing like Fortnite where new stuff is always being added.

He said as long as the demand for Smash is there, Smash will keep going but this is the last time everyone is here

Smash Ultimate is basically an expansion of the Wii U version, you ain't going to get this level of content with a successor and due to that it will be viewed as inferior to Ultimate.

Every third party outside of Sonic is confirmed to be cut forever, name some first parties that you want to see in the next Smash

fuck spirits mode also wol story mode was TRASH SUBSPACE EMISSARY WAS A AWESOME STORY MODE ITS AS FUN AS MELEE"S ADVENTURE MODE

Attached: 1555568190710.jpg (616x478, 55K)

Hopefully I'll have a happy family by the time the next Smash Bros comes out. Then again
I'm posting a Wojak

Attached: 1565228741148.jpg (484x497, 35K)

They are removing every third party except Sonic & Bayonetta who are apart of exclusive Nintendo franchises.

They could, yknow update the fucking game? On the next generation, when the graphics are better for Nintendo's console, a shiny Smash game which looks good, has a subspace type story mode, good online (kek), gameplay improvements. You retards keep thinking Smash is all about the characters, but its actually about he core gameplay itself

>Dated December 29 2018
Splatoon 2 most likely overtook FE, and Three Houses probably cause FE to overtake that, and Splatoon 3 when it hits will shoot the series past FE definitively.

>You retards keep thinking Smash is all about the characters, but its actually about he core gameplay itself

Nah. People buy this shit for the characters. The gameplay has never been that great.

wrong they will be keeping banjo&kazooie and all the third party characters in smash

>but its actually about he core gameplay itself
Hey man... It's really, really not
Like. Come on. Maybe it should be, but you know damn well 90% of the people playing this game care about the roster above all

ULTIMATE"S STORY MODE IS TRASH SUBSPACE EMISSARY WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER FUCK WORLD OF LIGHT

Chrom unironically deserves the spot more

Cope more you delusional retard. The reason they are adding all third parties is because this is the last game where they will be included in Smash. Sonic is basically a Nintendo character & so is Bayonetta so they aren’t getting cut

no u cope wheres your proof that sakurai and nintendo will do that show ME PROOF

Eh, trophies are ok but I'd trade them for actual gameplay related content in a heartbeat.

>but its actually about he core gameplay itself

I literally said here that Smash will most likely be updated like other fighting games have been updated with a new season. New seasons have resulted with all characters getting new moves and new balance changes. IMO this is what will happen to Ultimate to keep it fresh.

He's a trolling spic, just ignore him

> Nintendo game
> Cutting Nintendo characters
> Keeping Third parties
Imagine being this fucking retarded, Reboot literally means they are going back to all First party characters. Smaller roster with more DLC for Nintendo characters who didn’t make it originally

Just keep porting Smash Ultimate while adding more content over the years you idiots

>You retards keep thinking Smash is all about the characters
It is you fucking idiot. It was never about the fucking gameplay, not once. If I couldn't have Banjo or K. Rool fighting Peach and Link, I'd have never brought Ultimate.

Attached: 7830_front.jpg (640x439, 148K)

>Cut Cloud
Based
>Cut ROB
Cringe

>It will still sell at least over 8 million copies
And don't forget it will still take over the board.

See i can make fake headlines too

Attached: 20190913_154347.jpg (715x715, 241K)

I know people that buy Smash solely for the gameplay. I know people that HATE Nintendo and still buy new Nintendo consoles to play Smash.

They translate it for a Western article you fucking idiot

>he's leaving bros he's totally gone this time even though i said that when 4 was new too

screw you i am not a troll yall are the ones being toxic and bullying new people who come on this toxic website Yea Forums is just toxic than all social media sites

regardless of whether or not this article is real (I'm not going to waste my time looking it up), he has already alluded to this quite a while ago and anyone with a brain knows and expects this. What is mostly likely going to happen is that Ultimate will for real be Sakurai's last Smash game and the next Smash is going to be helmed by a different director and is going to be a drastic overhaul to the mechanics in a brand new engine and a significantly paired down roster, probably something closer to Brawl's numbers.

> Seething this fucking badly that Smash is removing third parties
Jesus Smashfags are pathetic

You are assuming that while knowing this, people on Yea Forums are just going to shrug it off and drop Ultimate when Smash 6 comes out.
While knowing it will have less characters.
And the same or easier kind of gameplay.
And only maybe get some more gameplay modes.
And that's about it.

You would be assuming wrong. Dunno about other people, but unless Smash 6 has melee level gameplay to make up for the loss of characters, I won't be picking it up.

why do you 4chaners like calling civilize people idiots? yall act like you were caveman and were raised on a barn can't anyone on Yea Forums ever just be nice to one other

this agreed

This shouldn't be a shocker for anyone who isn't a idiot. Not only is this Sakurai's last game officially (he only continued working on it because of Satoru Iwata), no one in the future Smash teams has the reach within the industry like Sakurai does, contracts will go away, as will the characters entailed in them.

Smash with its current direction in Ultimate will only benefit from this. A smaller roster is much much easier to balance, thus because less time can be put into balancing, more time can be put into the thought of game mechanics/control options meaning a better game overall to play.

Attached: right.png (369x334, 260K)

>has melee level gameplay to make up for the loss of characters
I'd trade that in a heartbeat also "inb4 wavedash", no just the speed, feel and combos of Melee

They will literally do this
> Remove all third parties except Sonic & Bayonetta due to their Nintendo exclusive franchises
> Remove all echo fighters
> Use Smash Ballot to determine who makes the roster as DLC
> Multiple DLC seasons like Street Fighter

>civilize
>yall

>4chaners
>All those grammatical errors
>All this newfaggotry

Found the summerfriend who stayed.

No u

>"NO NO NO THIS MAKES NO SENSE THEY CAN JUST PORT IT THEY CAN JUST PORT ULTIMATE AND KEEP ALL THE CHARACTERS WHY WON'T THEY JUST PORT ULTIMATE?!"

People like this don't know shit. In a interview, Sakurai said we were lucky to even get Cloud back at all. So its confirmed, Sakurai has to re-negotiate a third party character's license when adding them into a new Smash game, even if its someone that will be in the base roster. Now think about how many third parties Ultimate has now. Dunno about everyone else here, but I picture Sakurai, sitting in a board room, with a refrigerator of stockpiled food next to him, with a line of people outside waiting for their turn, as they come in, one by one, to negotiate their character that was in the previous game, getting into the new game, with Sakurai having easy times with some, and having to pull teeth with others just to keep from getting jewed out of tons of money. Doing third party meetings, for a whole entire week. And people here expect this of him.

Good, Yea Forums can't survive you stupid assholes grousing about this shit for eternity.

>People

Don't you mean children, or more to the point child like mentality.

>taking baby's first fallacious post seriously

Attached: 1491148129775.png (360x345, 84K)

>not cutting characters and then selling them back to the players later

Would you be satisfied with these as thd First Party franchise representation, Assuming Smash ballots determine the playable reps outside of the mascots we always have?
> Mario - Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Ballot, Ballot, Ballot
> Zelda - Link, Zelda, Ganon, Ballot, Ballot, Ballot
> Metroid - Samus, Ridley, ZS: Samus
> F-Zero - Captain Falcon
> Star Fox - Fox, Ballot, Ballot
> Mother - Ness, Lucas
> Fire Emblem - Marth, Edelegard, Ike, Ballot, Ballot, Ballot
> Splatoon - Inklings
> Ice Climbers - Ice Climbers
> Kid Icarus - Pit, Paultena
> Astral Chain - Protagonist
> Bayonetta - Bayonetta
> Mario & Sonic - Sonic The Hedgehog
> Xenoblade - Shulk, Rex/Pyra, Kos-Mos, Elma
> Rune Factory - Protagonist
> Advance Wars - Samy
> Animal Crossing - Villager, Isabelle
> Golden Sun - Isaac
> Fatal Frame - Mio/Mayu
> Pokemon - Pikachu, PKM: Trainer, Ballot, Ballot, Ballot, Ballot
> Donkey Kong - DK, Diddy, K.Rool
> Wario - Wario, Ashley
> Rythem Heaven - Chorus Kids, Rythem Girl

I know one way it could happen.

Attached: Smash.jpg (1136x1600, 242K)

I don't know how people would feel about that, Ultimate already borrows heavily from 4.

What reason is there to buy the next title then?

As long as he removes Ike and King K. Kuck I'm happy.

This is old news. Like MONTHS old news.

Needs Pikimin, Kirby, Punch Out & Elite Beat Agents

I really just wish they wouldn’t make another one and keep adding stuff to Ultimate

Wasn't this confirmed day one? Unless they port the same game forever it was bound to go like this.

you have just proved my point smfh

go back to twitter you smegma sucking faggot

you are proving my point as well smfh

Who cares about smash 6? Anyone that matters only plays melee

are you really hating on king k rool GG hoes mad hoes mad

ok did you just had a stroke learn how to form a sentence wtf is a smegma

Save time and money
Off yourself now

Post characters that deserve to be cut.
I'll start with an obvious one: shulk from xenocringe. Golden Sun in its prime was far more popular than this overrated jrpg.

Everybody already knows this

RETIRE ALREADY!

why do you like telling people to kill themselves is something wrong with you have you gone BATSHIT CRAZY

Yup, he's ugly and only attracts faggots into bara.

Didn't he say this at like every other direct though?
It's a shame but that was to be expected.

why can't we have both i like shulk and golden sun equally

Does it really fucking matter, there’s not gonna be a new Smash for like 9 years now

whats bara? also why do you care about faggots?

Might as well keep updating and porting ultimate forever.

OH NO NO NO FELLOW SMASH BROS! HOW WILL WE EVER COPE?
>insert jpg of concerned wojak here

ITT no one remembers that Sakurai said ages ago, before release even, that a roster the size of ultimate wouldn't be possible in the future games

“Dragon King: The Fighting Game” would’ve been nowhere near as successful or popular as Smash, mainly because it would’ve lacked the character appeal. Do you even notice how Smashfags at large don’t give a flying fuck about the “clones” (Rivals, Slap City, Icons, Brawlhalla, Brawlout)?

I would honestly be surprised if the next Smash game isn't a drastic departure from the current formula. It almost has to be or fans will feel less inclined to make the jump to it because many of the characters they loved playing in Ultimate are now gone.

Ultimate is taking advantage of the extremely rare situation and going all out with its roster. Knowing that it will be possibly decades before another opportunity like this arises, it would be foolish of them to adhere to the exact same formula because 75% of what makes Smash what it is IS the roster itself and Nintendo knows it's going to be a LOOOOOONG time before they can achieve a roster that can compare to Ultimate's. Even if the formula and balance are improved, it would have to be drastically improved over Ultimate in order for the roster to not feel inadequate, and considering Ultimate has already done a much better job of mechanics and balance than any other game in the series, there are only so many improvements left to make. It seems like a much smarter idea to start off with a drastic change in the next game, like adding a 3rd dimension similar to Tekken or SC to make it actually stand apart from Ultimate. It gives players a reason to jump over despite the significantly smaller roster because now they have something new to experience instead of same game, less characters/

>thinking anyone’s gonna give a wet fuck about losing Corrin, Dark Pit, Piranha Plant, Young Link, Pichu, Chrom, Duck Hunt, etc.

You can rotate out like 1/3rd of the cast pretty easily

literally just say a few magic words like Gengar/Waluigi/Geralt/Eevee/Skull Kid/Jill and everyone’s back on board again

CHARACTERS WHO SHOULD BE REMOVED
>SNAKE
>MEGAMAN
>WARIO
>K. ROOL
>RIDLEY
>CAPTAIN FALCON
>ALL ECHOES
>SONIC
>PAC-MAN
>CLOUD

Attached: 1551004752935.gif (424x380, 2.41M)

>grenades
>c4 niggering
>up tilt
>memeing people with nikita
yes it's fun

The next game or the game after will follow a constant update subscription model for characters and stages. Most of it will be ports of old stuff because it's cheaper and easier.
If you are expecting major shake ups to gameplay: lol

Attached: roarfield.jpg (363x363, 23K)

Not that WoL is good but SSE was also pretty fucking disappointing.

The actual gameplay of SSE was pretty bare bones but the cutscenes actually gave the characters their character, which was nice.

r e t u r n o f t h e j o k e r o n t h e n i n t e n d o e n t e r t a i n m e n t s y s t e m

filtered

Then Sakurai didn't want to do them anymore because YouTube spoilers lol. Oh well I guess CGI trailers are neat enough.

In the future I hope they choose actual game villains to lead the show instead of shit like Dharkon Galen and all this OC stuff

Like CvS2 with Rugal + Akuma and MvC3 Galactus

>theres no way we can have a game with as many characters as this one, copy pasting their data would be too hard

Attached: 1528575294607.gif (212x153, 1.66M)

More like licensing in the case of a crossover.
Because it's not like they wouldn't bleed everyone through DLCing older characters back in the next installment

Max 3 characters from one franchise, Melee sized roster if you don't add clones/Brawl sized roster with 5 clones, every character have bullshit new attacks and stuff like that
done, Smash now is 200% party game

you know what would be a better way to turn smash into a party game
just mix the mario party and mario kart games with it

Good, I hope Zero Suit Samus is one of them.

>Metroid gets cut to just Samus and Ridley.

All this chart shows is that sales and number of playable characters aren't really related.

Go back and stay the FUCK back

I'll be fine with Zero Suit Samus being cut.

How could it possible be worth it? After Simon Belmont they haven't been able to come up with a single necessary addition, and Sakurai's team isn't able to work on actual games anymore. Sans proves that people don't care if they put 0 effort into it; just wing it and make real games on the side.

Attached: 534374-AA2.jpg (1777x999, 251K)

SSE was only fun once and mainly for the cutscenes. It's not even that it was a bad fundamental design, it's just that it dragged on for so long in some places and many of the stages were a slog to get through.

I think it could still be done and done well if they made a few improvements
- shorter levels, less maze-like levels but still keep side paths that contain secrets and encourage exploration and replay value
- no more of the maze shit from the final levels
- enemies die easier
- enemies don't knock you around as easily until much higher percentages
- fewer original enemies and more enemies from the properties the stages are based on

Ryu Hayabusa, hes in

Imagine getting to settle the KT v Capcom feud through smash

Assuming it's bull shit because I see no source

He's setting up ultimate to be the next melee.

If this guy can finally get an accurate fucking moveset for once, Sakurai can cut as many as he needs to.

Attached: 595px-Ganondorf_SSBU.png (595x600, 386K)

Drop almost all the ballot choices. Drop
>Edelgard or replace her with a trio of the 3 leaders
>Ice Climbers
>Bayonetta
>Rex/Pyra
>Kosmos
>Rune Factory
>ZSS
>Replace Sami with anyone else
>Ashley or replace her with Captain Syrup
>one of the chorus reps

Bring back
>Robin
>G&W or ROB
>Little Mac
>you forgot kirby, keep all 3
>Banjo
>Duck Hunt
>Wolf

>and yet Inceliroar is somehow fine

Smash as a franchise is dead after Ultimate. The whole reason people buy these games is the roster and if you're trimming that back, then why would anyone care? The roster is in a state where there's so many big names that it doesn't even matter if you were adding other popular choices, no one is going to care because you're inevitably going to be cutting bigger characters. No one is going to give a shit about Geno if they have to cut Cloud. No one is going to care about Crash if they have to cut Banjo.

And even if you do manage to get the attention of one of these few remaining minority fanbases for these second-rate characters, they are still going to be left with a bad taste in their mouth and be disinclined to buy in, because they missed out on the one true Smash game; the only game with the complete, unabridged roster.

The fact that people are saying they should just port Ultimate forever, or they'll limit their choices of cuts to clones like Young Link or Lucina while still requesting full newcomers, just shows how ill prepared Smashfags are for the reality of a Smash game with deep roster cuts. The only thing a future Smash can do is try to drastically change up the gameplay to try and draw people in with the promise of novelty, but even that would only mean just barely keeping the series afloat, since in the end it all comes down to the roster. The series will just become an eternal cripple with everyone still in the community just despondent and begging for a return to the glory days of the full roster in Ultimate.

Luckily for them, I expect it'll be quite a long time before people have to worry about this.

>hoes mad xD
Go the fuck back to r/smash faggot zoomer

nice pasta nigga, i'll be sure to use it

>No one is going to care about Crash if they have to cut Banjo.
Banjo is a fucking joke compared to Crash fucking Bandicoot, how can you even compare them?

>MORE IS BETTER
How about just make the gameplay actually good instead of seeing how many faggy anime twinks you can fit into the game?

>477879979
you need to make you're bait less obvious in the futrue
I give you a B- for at least trying

>Smash as a franchise is dead after Ultimate
Nigga Smash is a million seller ranchise, people will buy it no matter what despite a few characters getting cut. Smash Brawl and 4 sold millions despite characters like Mewtwo and Snake not being in it

IM USING SMASH ULTIMATE

TO END SMASH ONCE AND FOR ALL

Attached: Armstrong.jpg (210x240, 13K)

Are you seriously believing that Banjo is bigger than Crash Bandicoot?

Then they need to add in non vidya characters for the next game because you can't follow up Ultimate's legendary roster by cutting out all the fan favorites and replacing them with Toad and Springman. It just doesn't work.

Smash RPG, so you cna have as many playable characters as possible.

Except he’s right. Who the fuck is Banjo compared to Crash? Banjo is just a furry Mario clone with one good game.

I thought that was obvious from the moment they announced the game?

You know what'd be hype?
Only veterans are the original characters from smash64 without the unlockable characters, and then every other character is a newcomer

Wait, why would there be more smash games? I thought this was it.

Save this user, in 10 years you can make them all cry.

Attached: Smash Bros Fate and Denial.png (1031x287, 33K)

Daisy, Pichu, Dark Samus, Lucina, Chrom, Dark Pit, Toon Link and Mii Fighter bullshit can go then.

I just took 10 point characters off then with little thought and spared a lot of good fighters and core identity to remain.

Nintendo shouldn't have filled this game up with so many fucking Fire Emblem characters and worthless Echo characters.

The only Echo Fighters that have mattered so far is Ken.

Crash is popular sure, he's the platformer you had a PS instead of a N64. However when people talk about the greatest platformers, his name isn't even in the top 10 of the discussion.
B&K may not be as popular with kids but the game is remembered as a classic up there with Mario 64 and Ocarina of time

>Ultimate is dead after rostercuts
>Imagine unironically believing this
The roster is already bloated beyond believe and people are going to buy the next game ambivalent if it has 200 characters, brand recognition, familiarity and accesabillity alone make Smash a "Too big to fail" kinda deal like what Marvels capeshit currently is

Absolute delusional

Will Waluigi ever be a playable character?

This, desu.

>Smash Ultimate
>Ultimate
Does Sakurai think he can defeat the Engrish language with his next Smash title?

Banjo Kazooie isn't even in most top 10 greatest games of all time lists, and OOT isn't a platformer, so why bring it up?

>However when people talk about the greatest platformers
Stop overrating this dead bear from a dead ass franchise. Banjo is only mostly remembered and praised by Nintendo fans because of N64 nostalgia. This worthless fuck had only a single good (overrated as hell) game to his name. That’s it.

It prints money

Guarantee that no matter how much he says this you're going to get an absolutely massive outcry of retards yelling about why they cut Marth #3.5 and most of the third parties in Smash 6.

I mean Ultimate is the most barebones smash yet and people keep defending this hack and buying his game at full price

Hahahahahaha

Yes, without even memeing

well for one banjo was actually a fucking nintendo franchise? did you forget this is a nintendo game?

BASED, i wouldn't mind if they made smash ultimate the last one and just added a fuck ton of content over the years until its 100% for everyone, solo players get what they want, multiplayer people get what they want, and it will let poor old daddy Sakurai rest. i would expect ULTIMATE to be a title of the final game in a series!

Attached: NANOMACHINESSON.jpg (244x250, 5K)

>smash 6 cuts roster dramatically.
>new challengers get quietly released as dlc for ultimate

that's fine as long as the the game is fun

Attached: 1566315328514.png (1024x576, 857K)

smash U has my literal dream roster and I don't see any reason to buy the sequel if it's cutting characters.

>melee added smash charging, more throws, side B, smash B's, air dodge, and spot dodge.
>Brawl added final smash and terrible netplay
>smash 4 added okay netplay
>smash ultimate added ????

Why even make a new smash if it's gonna have less characters? There's nothing else they CAN add at this point.

>Add content over the years
They literally said that they will not be working on any major content anymore

>Wario is the only one in the top 10 other than fucking Game and Watch with no second rep
never not mad

Good there is at least millions of fans who aren't rosterfags like you

Party games shouldn't have 'dream' rosters

>They literally said that they will not be working on any major content anymore

Where? I'm out of the loop so I would like to see where this was said.

>hoes mad hoes mad
>yall
get off of my site fifteen year old

Literally last direct with Banjo when they added Home Run contest, Sakurai said that they will not be adding anything like that or extra modes anymore

So no Break the Targets?

Yeah, rewatch it, they quite literally say that Home Run contest will be the last mode they add

Can you do a video timestamp for me please.

Well, we used to had both in the last title with thropies and the event mode

>most of my favs are definitely safe (Falcon, Peach, Bowser, Samus)
>but then the Never Ever Trinity

Even if it ends up only being for one game, at least I finally got my scaly bois and Banjo.

Attached: 1561072107013[1].gif (280x200, 2.56M)

They need to rework some existing characters if we're gonne be playing Ultimate for the next 5 fucking years. Specifically Kirby and Samus.
Fix that shit before adding new characters nobody asked for.

>guy selling current product refuse to say future product will be even better
BREAKING NEWSSSSS

youtu.be/DPh3HM6ofWU

17:13

Thanks.

Ridley and K. Rool are first party. They'll be returning.

>implying there will be a smash 6

It's gonna be Smash Ultimate DX or some shit, with new first party newcomers and a toss-up as to which 3rd parties get to come back.

He says he will make more if it sells well (it did) and if there is demand for it (there is)

Smash is never dying, it's a stable like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat now

When I referred to new content I was specifically talking about new DLC characters.

Obviously

The only reason Ultimate has as many characters as it does is because it piggybacked so hard off 4

I just hope some of the cooler newcomers in Ultimate aren't gone the next game

Attached: Importance to the Series Going Forward.png (980x620, 724K)

If this shit is supposed to go on to years then it needs content, like CSGO for example. Just adding characters won't keep the game alive for as long as you believe since they pretty much added all the Reddit tier favourites

Underage

They say they won't add more game modes, but wait until 2-3 years down the line. If they're still supporting the game, they'll make something new, and Sakurai will say
>Remember when I said that HomeRun Contest was "probably" going to be the last mode?

This is why you retareded Smashfags are so hated, you only think content is about the characters and ignore everything else. Go fuck yourself incel, people like you are why trophies got cut

Nothing wrong with a little wrasslin. But when your dumb croc literally has a move where he puffs out his belly then pats it, you have no excuse.
Maybe that's what your croc was about the whole time. Bara and maybe vore.

>They will just backtrack from something as big as majore content updates to the game
Oh so then Goku and Shrek are official characters that are coming too? Apparently Sakurai's own words can't be trusted anymore

1. I don't play Smash.
2. Lost my virginity years ago and have has more sexual partners than I can remember.
3. I'm coming from the perspective that I think this will be the last Smash game as DLC can forever update the roster and the core mechanics like other fighting games have been doing.

Good, I'll wait for truly HD smash with a proper roster

It's fine, he's still going to be in, with an updated design.

Attached: fdae3d90df7872a34bd76ea3f8b5da5c.jpg (1831x1969, 226K)

Brawl should have been the last Smash, they ran out of ideas.

That's alright, i'll enjoy the ride that is Ultimate for however long it lasts.

smashultimatespirits.com/

It's filled with errors

>all your favorite characters are big name first parties like Inkling that are never going anywhere
Feels good, cut all the FE trash.

Attached: cutting.png (1150x2060, 2.78M)

trophies were shit and it was too much dev time

are you sure about that user

hey king k rool is awesome hater jerk all of those that you listed is awesome as well clown go back to the circus

Holy shit an actually good roster cut. Thanks for restoring my faith in Yea Forums user.

I knew this list was good the moment you didn't cut Bayo, everytime I someone still salty over smash 4, it just baffles me.

Thanks user, I really needed this.

Attached: Space Brass.png (401x304, 123K)

Anyone with a brain saw this coming.
Ultimate will be remembered as the Budokai Tenkaichi 3 of Smash

>all these retards taking the most obvious bait
how does it feel user?

>Cloud gets cut because they don't want to pay Square another 8 billion to keep him in
>That's all that changes

Attached: 1548294106002.gif (382x450, 745K)

>miracle

Attached: leak.png (1540x302, 127K)

here's your accurate moveset bro

Attached: ganondorf fixed.jpg (568x471, 26K)

Cut Joker and Cloud and this is heaven right there

>Posting your 5-year-old "leak"

embarassing

you are all wrong i loved subspace emissary it was awesome you all are just haters and crybabys

hi sakurai

6 will do what Mortal Kombat X did and have different modes for characters

Smash already kind of has that with custom characters but this time it'll be more drastic and easier for tournaments. Sorta like each character having actual echoes

I mean this shouldn't be a surprise. Tons of fighting game franchises in the past have gone ham on the roster for one game then been forced to do big cuts for the next game and most of those didn't even have to deal any external licensing like smash does.

Attached: 1565183592677.jpg (392x399, 119K)

No, the point doesn't stand. FEH alone had earn more than several of the titles above it in earning now. It has earned the right to have that many reps. And we haven't even gotten to 3H yet.

you are also proving my point i would be a very rich person by how much toxicness you all are being right now

Most of the roster is 1st Party, they're not immune to being cut. I imagine Ridley is likely safe, but K.Rool might be shaky.

I'd hope Banjo, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Simon/Richter would be on a shortlist of 3rd Parties that will be prioritized for keeping due to Nintendo's relations with their companies.

i thought people were happy for how ganondorf is now in smash i guess there will be some that will never be satisfied

This guy understands

You could easily cut 30 or more characters from the roster without it bothering 95% of players. I hope they fucking do it.

Thoughts?

Attached: newgame.jpg (843x614, 128K)

Chrom is unironically the most deserving FE character out of all of them

the draw of smash bros is and always has been the roster

STFU user banjo is awesome

Keep all third parties but cut superfluous nintendo characters like Rosalina, Fire Emblem swordies, Wolf, etc

Posts like these prove FE fags live in a bubble.

>not letting wario stay
>Wolf, Hero & Ike not in maybe

I'm mostly happy with him but I still wish he had a chargeable energy ball projectile as one of his specials, and for his jab or f-tilt to be a backhand slap that reflects projectiles.

He's also said, for like the past 3 smash games, that this one would be his final one.
Don't believe his lies.

i am not a 15 year old asshole i'm 20 and i'll get off once you stop invading twitter

i know the source of what your talking about. i thought DLC would eventually make more room for break the targets and other game modes. I really hope we aren't getting smash 5/6 IDK what to count Ultimate as? i thought it was smash 5, but people call it just as "Ultimate"!

Attached: reactionchicken1.gif (332x332, 1.68M)

you do realize sakurai could be lying and try to surprise us do yall even remember that SAKURAI IS UNPREDICTABLE

this

>Sakurai going all out with DLC
>That means that even those who have died once again have a chance.

You're retarded. It's stupid to try and top the amount of characters in Ultimate and with so many companies involved it will be near impossible to keep everyone. Moreover, they can't keep making the roster bigger and bigger. There does come a point where adding more characters has an opposite effect as the game gets too confusing and impossible to balance. Not to mention Ultimate had shit all for modes and they had to add ones from U as DLC.

Smash isn't going to die because the size of the roster isn't the only thing that people care about. A new Smash can have real modes, and actual single player, and extras like trophies. It won't have to cut down everything just to have a big ass roster. People will buy it because Smash is fun and it will have things Ultimate wont. The size of the roster isn't the only thing that matters. I'm sorry you will never have your dream of a 200 character mess of a roster filled with random video game characters.

Attached: 1563317949678.png (656x858, 1.08M)

your underage jerk

this is example of all you Yea Forums users being toxic AF

The next game should cut:
>Daisy
>Snake
>Pokemon Trainer
>Lucas
>Mewtwo
>Lucario
>ROB
>Young Link
>Wolf
>Wii Fit Trainer
>Ryu
>Ken
>Cloud
>Bayonetta
>Corrin
>Robin
>Simon
>Richter
>Isabelle
>Piranha Plant
>Joker
>Hero
>Banko
>Terry

>their will
Who's "their" referring to and what does their will have to do with anything? Is "their" referring to the higher-ups?

the retard is you for being toxic AF

>no Zero Suit Samus

Uh ohhh looks like banjoke is being replaced by our guy after all

Attached: Cutie.jpg (1191x670, 38K)

>Unironically using toxic

Go-back-to-Reddit.

>Fuck Lucina
sure

why do cutfags do some dumb shit like cutting characters first party to be exact that dont need to be cut, only FE and Pokemon are getting cuts cause they will obviously get new shit added with each installment so its best they dont bloat the roster

No fucking shit this was obvious from the beginning.

Shit I’m a snake main and I know this is his last game. Fuckers gonna finish wave 2 DLC with more than 80 god damned characters

I really don't give a flying fuck who's going to get cut from the next game that starts development no sooner than 6 years from now. Fuck off back to your future timeline Trunks.

The difference is the cuts were 3rd party, clones, 3DS technical limitations, and Mewtwo and that despite cuts the roster still grew in size. It's likely the next Smash will have fewer characters than Ultimate.

>Wii Fit Trainer
fuck you

Well, they have to remove them since Ring Con Trainer and evil bodybuilding dragon is here to replace them.

>pat memed this with crazy talk

I barely see anyone talk about the modes or collectables in Smash, meanwhile the roster dominates 90% of discussion and the rest of the discussion is game balance. After the first week or two I saw almost no one lamenting the loss of trophies or modes yet roster discussion continued unabated.

People are going to buy new Smash games no matter what just because they're invested in the series but it's fucking delusional to say that anyone but some fringe autists are primarily interested in Smash for the single player and extras. It is the roster, through and through. People will buy a cut down Smash but they'll never be as satisfied with it as they are with Ultimate.

is that your favorite words to say also what is r/smash toxic zoomer jerk

hey wheres banjo is he in the list tho

I made the list before E3

X DOUBT THAT YOU LOST YOUR VIRGINITY you're probably lying

cloud is good joker can get the axe tho

that would had been cool for ganondorf

They're probably just going to sell the cuts back as updates, no big deal.

dumbass i don't even like fire emblem you asshat assumers jerk

anyone that isn't a delusional idiot would have seen this coming

Attached: Captur.png (582x714, 311K)

STFU STEVEFAG YOU EVIL RAPIST BANJO IS AWESOME GO BACK TO BEING DEAD NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR BORING ASS BLOCKHEAD EMPTY LITERAL WHO HUSK CHARACTER THAT NOBODY EVEN KNOWS THE NAME OF SAID BLOCKHEAD

if smash 6 ever happen.

what is reddit? guess you got triggered

Yet you want to keep the irrelevant mess that is Zero Suit Samus.

I feel like they could reduce most FE characters.
You don't need more than 1 Link.
You can turn DR.Mario into an Echo and more people give a shit about Geno than Rosalina, Bowser Jr. or Parana Plant.
You don't need that many Pokemon.

The whole point of Smash is just to provide players with the tools to have their own fun with their favorite characters you're right. These people are retards, even in "reboot" threads there's no indication of what these tards actually want out of a reboot, it's just whining about FE.

This is why they should just keep porting ultimate forward and adding new shit rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.

The next Smash game will be a complete reboot. This should be obvious. Ultimate means final, this is the culmination of the classic style of the franchise.

Smash 6 will be a 3D fighter or something like that.

There is "no way" I'm going to buy Smash 6

>You don't need that many Pokemon.
>Extremely popular series.
>You don't need that many.
So would you care to elaborate on that point?

Just as long as they keep Banjo Kazooie and King K Rool I'm fine. If not then fuck Smash 6. SSBU is where it's at.

Attached: 1567086350711.gif (446x251, 726K)

The facts.

Attached: ass.png (1920x1080, 918K)

Shut up Steve

Attached: 20190913_185852.jpg (1280x1280, 749K)

>Implying anti-cutfags don't constantly need to be reminded that they're wrong

Based

Attached: 123094720471023.gif (498x278, 928K)

smash 6 isn't going to happen until at least 2025

That's fine.

>thinking about a game's roster that probably won't be out for another 8 years
THEY GET NOSTALGIC ABOUT THE LAST 10 YEARS
BEFORE THE LAST 10 YEARS HAVE PASSED
SO WHY YA GOTTA ACT LIKE YOU KNOW WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW
IT'S OKAAAAAAY IF YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING

Attached: ben folds makes reference to his song 'bastard'.jpg (295x295, 13K)

Keep at it based Ben folds poster

Attached: 20190825_210955.jpg (1280x1280, 546K)

Honestly a good thing. Smash ultimate should hold a special place in everyone's heart as a celebration for video games as a whole. Not just Nintendo

Attached: 75qyz8uhx8y11.png (1163x703, 170K)

facts same

No duh, 6 would be a licensing nightmare if they were to open up the base roster like what they have now in 5. All DLC included, this is the greatest roster and maybe the greatest crossover event in media history due to the amount of franchises owned by different companies in the same game. No way cab it happen again, the other companies will ask for more money and Nintendo will tell them to fuck off.

Snake is a staple, though, he's the OG third party king. It was a mistake to remove him from 4, Konami/Kojima issues be damned.