Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S9mL0PasBkw
youtube.com/watch?v=zDy1DhTAXD4
youtube.com/watch?v=vD3P40CmCYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

then what is?

SMT Strange Journey on DS. Released 10 years ago

i put a lot of value in the ost when playing a jrpg that dq11 is fucking awful, not even "is ok" but actually bad

Attached: ao-no-kiseki-main-art.png (584x463, 477K)

>2009 being in the 2010 - 2020 decade

I recently played the demo and holy fuck the battle theme was bad, I can't take that every damn fight

just use the orchestra mod. I don't get why people complain about the ost when you can fix it by downloading a mod.

>JRPG
Not a high bar.

It's not about not being orchestrated, the compositions themselves just aren't very good.

the problem is not the midi, i still play some old jrpgs is the composition and the low number of tracks

There's Persona 5 and Nier. Both better than DQXI. There's also YsVIII...

I have a soft spot for Ys VIII but from what I've played so far, DQXI seems awesome too.

Clearly higher than wrpg.

Something that you will NEVER EVER you seething cringe nincel
now COPE :)

Attached: never ever ever.jpg (200x251, 16K)

What you don't realize is that the only reason people shit on the soundtrack is because the composer said a bunch of anti-fag stuff, and so people throw a hissy fit over it.

If Xenoblade was within this decade then no.

Rance 10 is.

Attached: Rance_10.jpg (425x537, 66K)

did you like the game itself though?

I have to get around to playing persona 5. I played it for a bit then didnt come back to it.

are you serious?

BASED

>are you serious?
Just google Sugiyama Koichi .

Based and GRIDSpilled

speaking of visual novels utawarerumono looks pretty cool

All three Xenoblade games were within this decade

Dark Souls, Xenoblade Chronicles 1/X/2, Bloodborne, and Persona 5 all beat it out IMO

>Xeno 2
>Bloodborne
>Persona
Yikes

I dont see the problem. some people like gays some people dont. I wish we could all just get along

is bloodborne hard? also, I thought it wasn't considered a jrpg?

>Clearly higher than wrpg.

Attached: 12344889445.jpg (2000x1797, 853K)

Based taste user

>I don't know how a decade works
lol, what year are we in, dummy?

I played on 3ds and it was definitely one of the most boring jrpg I've played.

Depends on who you ask. I view it as an action game with RPG elements (leveling up). And the hardest stuff in the game is in the DLC, though the late-game/post-game bosses are challenging.

The absurd part is what started the trouble was footage of him laughing at a joke from 2015.

Not when this exists. Although, DQ11 is pretty darn good too

Attached: logo_xenoblade_2.png (900x301, 71K)

I fucking love the soundtrack in Zero/Ao no Kiseki.
youtube.com/watch?v=S9mL0PasBkw
youtube.com/watch?v=zDy1DhTAXD4

Attached: Tio.jpg (480x640, 38K)

Best JRPG of THE decade, not A decade. Nobody talks about the 1985 - 1995 decade.

Dark Souls

To be fair, it would be the 2010 to 2019 decade. 2020 would start a new one. That user is still mistaken about listing a 2009 game when the OP is talking about THIS decade (read: 2010 to 2019)

It's kind of sad that a single Final Fantasy isn't even worth mention in the 2010s.

Sorry, but Witcher 3 is the best VN of the decade.

whoops didnt see op said jrpg

That's mighty white of you, user.

reddit nigger beepzorz

It's on the mid tier end as far as mainline DQ goes. Around there with 6 and 9 IMO.

III and V being top tier, II and VII being low (I really didn't like VII at all but others seem to so whatever)

VII will be amazing, you’ll see

XIV is definitely worth mentioning. In a few categories anyway. It has actual heart put into it even if the gameplay falls short

ao no kiseki is seriously good

>shitty release that is mainly a larper simulator for faggots
Remember with that one fag from the FFXIV general was cutting himself and posting pictures because of all the discord faggotry? I don't think there is a more cancerous general on /vg/

What does that have to do with the quality of the game

It had one of the worst initial releases for an MMO. You even said the gameplay falls short, and so it just leaves it as a larping simulator for faggots. They have just been polishing a turd the whole time. Doesn't deserve a mention.

This
youtube.com/watch?v=vD3P40CmCYQ

I mean if you actually listen to it its pretty good. Would I like more? Yeah, but the dude is like 80 years old and retardera has a vendetta for him

not even close
xenoblade 2

Yes. Content for normal platforms whens?

The only JRPG MMO I ever wanted to play was True Fantasy Live and that shit never lived to see a day

yes it's pretty damn good. my main gripe is that it loops the same track for about 30 hours though, that's maddening.

By short I meant it's an MMO. If you're comparing it to its contemporaries it exceeds in that front. Class design is more involved than WoW, it has the best boss fights in the genre etc. Its just the format is a standard theme park MMO and theres inherent flaws with that

Either way in terms of presentation, soundtrack and plot it's far and way one of the best in the franchise. The soundtrack alone is insane and has already won numerous awards and a world record

>if you're comparing its shit gameplay to other shit, then its better
It's that it has a large soundtrack.

Yes, that was my point. If you like MMOs you could do a lot worse than XIV

This is a JRPG thread, and you can do a lot better than it. At least the Witcher 3 fag had enough sense. Are you an alphabet person, by chance?

My post was a response to someone talking about post-2010 FF games. XIV is one of those games