This is a fire type elite four member

This is a fire type elite four member.

Attached: flint.png (793x606, 77K)

yeah but it's not like he's a fire gym leader
he's not going to become a elite 4 member just by exclusively using fire pokemon

sinnoh was a shithole and should be forgotten forever

trainer types are cancer that limit the challenge of the fights

He doesn't even have Magmortar, what the fuck were they thinking?

That's not how you spell Kalos.

>drifblim, a HOT AIR balloon
>lopunny, a SMOKING HOT pokemon he (and i) probably wants to fuck
>steelix, who probably gets hot as fuck when its sunny outside because metal is a VERY GOOD CONDUCTOR OF HEAT
There, blew you the fuck out, seethe cope have sex.

Magmortar is not present in the regional dex in diamond/pearl, you have to beat E4 and see ALL the available pokemons pre-E4 in order to unlock the national dex and meet a magmar in the postgame.
There are literally only 2 fire type evolution lines in the entire game: ponita and chimchar lines. Luckily, all this shit was fixed with platinum. DP are fucking trash.

Looks like they all have fire-type moves though. Isn't this actually original and interesting?

>lopunny (male)
>smoking hot
Fuck off tranny faggot

this is a electric type gym leader

Attached: volkner.png (513x633, 65K)

>Let's give them 1 pokemon that would be steamrolled by the rest of the team. That makes sense
Why the FUCK does the electric gym leader have a water type that isn't Lanturn??

Wow truly a thinking mans rock paper scissors

Attached: 1513908509776.png (185x185, 56K)

that's not how you spell Alola

>literally the same body as female
If anything, it's hotter this way.

Kalos sounded amazing and even had some places where it was just so comfy
Too bad it got fucked over for alola

I liked how he didn't just use exclusively fire types. Steelix and drifloon cover most of fire's weaknesses. Lopunny could've been replaced by gastrodon or some shit though

Diamond and Pearl was a special kind of retarded
>ghost gym with basic math problems, no theme, just a sign with a math equation
>make a bunch of new evolutions for old Pokemon but they're locked behind the post game but we gotta have fucking Unown in the regional dex
>only two fire types in the entire regional dex with a fire type elite four member
So much shit baffles me that they didn't realize during development, thank goodness Platnium exists

No, this is

Attached: Annotation 2019-09-13 154907.png (987x797, 153K)

>Male Lopunny

Gay.

>gym leader has a consistent theme while still having variety
>can no longer be steamrolled by one super-effective mon (unless you overlevel)
What's the issue? It's not like it wasn't always like this (see: Sabrina, Giovanni, Bruno, Agatha, Lance)

Bruh, look at this dude

Attached: tierno.png (690x315, 70K)

Imagine if gyms/elite4 were themes rather than types.
>boosting move gym
>weather gym
>Friendship gym

He has the one 2 fire pokes in the game.

>only fangame that does this is edgelord shit
Please prove me wrong. Especially if it's actually a romhack.

O N E
M O V E

Yet somehow more of a challenge than 7 out of the 8 Johto leaders

These bosses can have pokemons of every types with them and they would still be piss easy to beat.
You just have to pull out a counter pokemon and you are done.

what fangame?
is it reborn?

I actually found that kind of funny.

This is actually disgusting. There's so much you could have done with a dancer themed pokemon team. Like you could have had a Gardevoir for ballet, Scrafty with Dragon Dance could have been a break dancer, Bellossom and Hitmontop dance too in their animations etc.

Insurgence. It's about Pokemon cults. There's a setting to make it more "normal", but I don't know if it's any good that way, either.

It has to be dance moves. No point in being a dancer if you don't dance.

This, at this point I remember the elite 4 mentioning that they sometimes fight each other to become champion. He'd have to have something not to be wrecked by the ground elite 4
Most trainers tend to have pokemon only of one gender unless there's some obvious exclusions like gender exclusive pokemon. Though somehow in Gen 4 remakes Will is a waifufag

How the fuck do you expect to become a Gym leader or especially an E4 member if you have absolutely no variation in your team composition? A single Pokemon with Surf or any other water move would sweep them then.

Status quo at this point. If there's one thing GF hates doing, it's breaking the status quo.
I suppose it's also supposed to give them an immediate identifier over other trainers that works on a base level. Like if you were struggling to remember someone like Drake from Hoenn's E4, you could still describe him as the dragon user.

And this is a magician

Attached: 1543362123110.png (711x533, 203K)

>battle revolution
Oh yeah, that exists.

holy shit they really didnt change anything since gen 1

Attached: 1541625346854.jpg (323x453, 19K)

>become a Gym leader
you switch to using one type after you become a gym leader.
cheren became a gym leader and talked about how he couldn't use his usual pokemon (or how it was weird not using his pokemon one or the other)

The second part sounds like a good reason, it's easy to remember Cynthia because she stomps on kids, but Diantha is hard to remember because her pokemon mostly sucked so no one talks about her

>knows their AI is shit
>limits its choices so the pokemon is forced to pick a good move
Actually smart design.

It's not that there's shit AI, it's that they want the dancing goober to only have pokemon that can use dance-like moves.

>only picks from gen 1
>still does a better job
GBC has the best games.

Attached: 2019-09-13 16_35_02-Greenshot.png (784x581, 45K)

>level low 40s
>when you've already beaten the Lance who sits at high 40s and 50
>when you've already beaten multiple kanto leaders before him already
>onix instead of steelix who only has rock slide for a real move
No.

>Wally went full smogon

Attached: wally.png (681x533, 130K)

Onix may as well have no moves. Just look at him. He knows it's another 1 HKO coming up. Kanto is just a place to grind for the Poke Cup.

It's impressive but fuck gen 6. I'd rather die than touch that ugly shit again.

>when you've already beaten multiple kanto leaders before him already

You wot?

It only happened because DP literally did not have enough electric and fire types in the regional dex to support mono teams

I remember Sinnoh

Attached: 1568178434440.jpg (580x437, 26K)

holy shit

>No Quiver Dance
>No Teeter Dance

You start in Vermilion. You don't necessarily have to beat anyone before him though. You can fight Surge, Sabrina, Misty, Janine and Erika before you access Pewter. You can technically fight him last if you want and it makes no difference since all the trainers in Kanto are so sparse and underleveled that you probably won't get much progress between gyms and they just made all the gym leaders roughly the same level even though at this point you can grind the Elite Four if you had to.

Unless you deliberately go to Brock without beating any of the other kanto gym leaders who's town you run by first, you won't be fighting brock first.

Not him but pretty sure you can't access Brock until you complete a quest line, which might involve beating some other leaders

Gen 5 > Gen 2 > Gen 1 > Gen 3 > Gen 4 > Gen 7 > Gen 6

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: Ludicolous.png (790x641, 76K)

>ugly shit
>be me never played GBA games
>take interest in Liza because of masters
>wonder why I don't remember her and look up her model
How was this acceptable when we had those super detailed dressup models?

You just have to do a poorly conceived power plant quest where you go into the Cerulean gym to find a power plant part in the water. You then have to go to Lavender town and get the radio expansion card to play the poke flute channel to wake up a snorlax blocking diglett cave. How you're supposed to know to do this other than to stumble upon it (in the right order), I don't know. Then you can access Pewter.

Attached: Le Gigantic Epic Faggot Man.png (784x661, 53K)

Fucking hell, I forgot how awful trapping moves were in Gen 1. This is literal cancer.

They don't have shit AI. Ever since Gen 3 the trainers have been capable of making smart moves to inconvenience the player's team and set up for sweeps. Gen 6 was just Gamefreak being lazy with everything.

I managed it on the first try because I had a Starmie that knew minimize and recover. I got one minimize off then Dragonair paralyzed me. It took like 30 turns to win but Starmie is god-tier so GG shitlord.

Onix is so shit Charmander can Ember him to death.

Still a better team than every faggot in Johto

I always found how each trainer had a theme of their pokemon's nicknames to be amusing.

Gengar solos this team

BASED

The "regular" story will make you groan at the edge, but after a while the story gets you, while the sanitized story makes you groan because it's just like a regular pokémon game

I'll just pull a level 50 Gengar out of my ass for this one fight in the poke ball tier of the poke cup round 2

Gengar can solo quite a few teams to be fair.

It's basically the same, just with different text, isn't it? That's why I haven't tried the other version. I wouldn't mind the game being a bit faster, in any case.

>saving a lot of data
>Coronet being really boring
>HMs up the ass
>NPC blocking your path for no reason
>not even being able to get all the new pokemon without trading with a completely different game
>slow as fuck
>the ugly lime green and shit brown colors
Christ, DiaPer was a shitshow

they could have at least given him a sun team since most of his team packs Sunny Day, even giving him a Cherrim would have been fine. Flint had absolutely no theme for his team in DP

All blood removed, people aren't killed on screen nor there are any implications of death(so it usually whites out and cult members leave or that one dude isn't esviscerated on the spot after beating him, the cave house doesn't get blown up, etc)
I wouldn't know how much faster it is, i just use cheat engine and make it run faster because fuck walking everywhere

Especially after 3rd gen's surf, going into DP blind left me stunned by how FUCKING SLOW it moved
Also every single textbox having half a second of load time between each interaction, especially in battle

Platinum sped it up thankfully.

the Ambipom is fine because it has a clear motive with what it is going to do but
>that Octillery
Just why
it should have been an Electivire

>

Also a good reminder that Gen 3 Hoenn had a seamless overworld (though it was at the cost of having a "generic" looking tileset) and 60FPS meaning everything was smooth and snappy when going around the overworld. If I remember right Platinum STILL didn't fix the saving issue, only the battle menus, it was only until HGSS where things finally sped up for the most part, though the bike is still slow.

Attached: 83A65877-8E24-459D-9EF0-CF61D1E0FBA8.png (750x650, 281K)

Imagine if the AI was actually smart enough to Baton Pass properly

That Octopus is literally designed to facefuck anyone trying to just do the standard "bring ground types to electric Gym strategy"

Giving it a Nasty Plot and Agility Boost would make it the stuff of nightmares

Themed teams are infinitely better than single type shit, y'all are on crack if you think otherwise AND continue complain about the games being too easy.

What exactly is the theme

This is how pokemon gym leaders/E4 should be.

A THEME, not a fucking type. There's so many pokemon now, give me gyms based on concepts instead. This was a really cool surprise when I first saw it. The fight was kind of challenging even because I went in with a Floatzel thinking I'd sweep everything. Boy was I wrong.

>water pokemon to trip up ground types

fucking based

>steelix is literally flint
>hot air balloon
>hot bunny
>2 fire types

are you retarded? i could see this even when I was 12

lets talk about that lopunny cunny though