So should i get this or just get the regular xcom 2? How bad/aggravatiing is this dlc version?

So should i get this or just get the regular xcom 2? How bad/aggravatiing is this dlc version?

Heard that your units get killed or kidnapped and no way to save them whenever these asshole shows up and they pop up during time missions and timer don't stop.

Attached: 135725.jpg (352x500, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/long-war-2/lwotc/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=j0xl0XQ1C6U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Just get War Of The Chosen. The extra content is nice, and you don't have to play with the expansion if you find it too hard when you first play. There's modifiers you can pick at the start of a new game that double the mission timers, making them essentially nonexistent (which I prefer because being forced to rush a map cheaply inflates the difficulty.)

Casuals bitch more about the Alien Ruler dlc than The Chosen themselves. Unless the Assassin gets the shadowstep trait, they aren't too hard to take down.

WOTC is nothing but an improvement. If you're a shitter and can't handle timers or failed missions then turn the difficulty all the way down.

xcom 2 is shit, play other turn based games

Get it with it. I t improves the main game by a lot. Then again you should play the main game at least a little without it for the first time since the new shit it throws at you can easily overcome you if you haven't played any XCom before.

As someone who's played both, get War of the Chosen. The original game doesn't really get into the ethos of the Advent and putting a face on the enemy really helps.

War of the Chosen adds so much bullshit that the good bullshit kinda cancels out the bad stuff. Yes, the Chosen do invade your missions and sometimes fuck you over, but the three faction units are straight up overpowered and you have so much more customization options that you can create your own god-warriors.

your dudes only get captured if they get dazed and you somehow still let those fucks get close, you need to actually play the game to see what true bullshit is like against those guys

It's shit but wotc is better than vanilla at least

don't use the "integrated DLC" option because it forces you to fight the shitty rulers alongside main objectives instead of normally, and you don't get the cool shen mission

Do they instant scenario kill your units upon entering the screen or the chosen ones appear like normal units? If they kidnap your units you have a chance of rescuing that unit or is he or she gone forever? Do they instakill the moment they get within melee range?

Wait, what's integrated DLC? Sorry i have literal autism here so i dont understand that statement

I do wish the Long War people would have it compatible with WotC .

They appear by teleporoting into the scene, no damage from that. Captured units can be rescued on a mission later. They don't instakill iirc.

What'll happen is that occasionally a Chosen will appear at the edge of the map and they'll take their own turn independent of the rest of the enemies. If they do capture one of your members you can do a rescue mission to get them back, and they rarely capture units anyway. Each of them has randomly rolled strengths and weaknesses and sometimes that can work out great for you. I'd say the Assassin is the hardest, followed by the Warlock and the Hunter is the easiest.

they are normal units, they appear on safe distance and semi-acrtive(roaming and overwatching). if they daze one of your dudes then get close enough they can just yoink your dazed dude out of the mission so be careful. other than that it's just a normal (but a very elite) unit
yes you can rescue but the mission is rare

its an option when you start the campaign that meshes the other two dlcs more seamlessly into the main game, but what it does is force you to start fighting the alien rulers in the main story missions where you're definitely not ready to kill them, and removes the unique mission where you unlock sparks, which is really fun

just google it you dummy

Get WITC+Shen's last gift, and get the mod that allows you to do the shen mission and WOTC.

It feels like I have to post this shit almost once a day now.

github.com/long-war-2/lwotc/releases

WOTC is worth playing just for the game engines performance improvements.

the dlc is worth getting for the engine improvements alone. The load times in the base game are absolute bullshit.

you don't need a mod to play the lost towers, if you did at one point you don't need to anymore

Yeah, it's been a while, but when I played you didn't have the option of using Lost Towers + WOTC, robot tech was just researchable after initial research. So that's cool to know.

This is good news, long ago the official standpoint on lwotc was it wouldn't happen as the devs were making another game

make sure to get the superior soundtrack too
youtube.com/watch?v=j0xl0XQ1C6U

So if it is untoggled then what happens when i start the game with that option turned off? I get to play the caimpain missions as normal and do the dlc missions seperate?

Also can anyone give me tips on what to do about the avatar progress to keep it down so i can play the game as long as possible?

yes, untoggled you get the original side missions instead of not getting them at all

build covert ring asap and you can lower it that way, avatar project is a joke in wotc because of it

I'm in the minority opinion here, but I did not like WotC. The chosen, especially the assassin, were just incredibly unfun, and the first like half of the game dealing with either a Chosen or The Lost (zombie swarmers, basically) almost every mission was more irritating than it was challenging or interesting. Despite all this early game stuff, XCOM 2 still has the same endgame problem as nu-XCOM 1, where your squad becomes unbeatable supersoldier juggernauts by the end of the game, and the last few months of missions are super trivial. I played through XCOM 2 once with WotC and then went back to XCOM 1 with mods.

the worst part about the Hunters DLC is that the unique items are UGLY AS FUCK, but are also basically required if you don't want to get ass-rammed every time a new Ruler pops up.
It also throws balance out the window in your favor if you aren't facing the Rulers

Attached: hunters.jpg (1920x1080, 474K)

Get the expac. It adds a ton of stuff. Don't like it the disable the bits you don't like.

Damn looks like the cosplay team has arrived at the hotzone

Alright, untoggle it to seperate the campain missions from the dlc missions so i don't get fucked hard by the game and covert ring is what keeps the avatar progress down correct? Can it be done indefinite?

yes

Even if the avatar progress bar is filled up, then you just get X number of days (changes with difficulty) to do something to lower it before you actually lose, so it's almost impossible to get game over by the avatar project. It really only contributes to the game as a way to scare new players that don't yet know any better.

the banic timer doesn't reset if you stave it off so if you're bad enough you will eventually lose

But don't the covert missions keep it at bay ?

Alien rulers appear at optional advent blacksites when the "integrated dlc" option is selected. You can tackle these whenever you want and they explicitly say there's a ruler there. I don't know what that other user was talking about where it makes them mandatory when you turn it on. You would only be forced to fight them if you didn't have any other option to lower the avatar progress which is actually hard to put yourself in such a position.
But for your original question yes get WOTC.

yes, what I meant was the countdown to push it off will stay at where it was if you get that high again, so if you came down with ~3 days left if yo ever got it again it would be at 3 days again and you'd lose

doesn't the first one spawn on the blacksite? and either way you don't get the mission to unlock sparks which is a downside unless you've played it before

I can't recall but I believe it doesn't spawn on the first mandatory black site. Even if it did it would be the viper king which is not that big of a challenge, just don't clump up soldiers (which you should already be doing) so they don't get frozen. Also you are missing out on some other content like sparks when you disable it like you said.

iirc my first game I had to fight the berserker first, which is arguably the easiest one if you know how to cheese it, and you unlock sparks by doing said mission, including the free one for completing it

War of the Chosen is the way to go, just way more content.
Even runs better performance wise, not too mention all the mods will be geared towards it by now.

the expansion is definitely worth it. i heard some people have frame rate problems, but it ran fine for me.