Can we have a thread about this game?

I just started it and i like it a lot i got to Act 2 on my first run. Do any of you play?

Attached: spire.jpg (460x215, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spirelogs.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/557410/Dream_Quest/
steamcommunity.com/games/646570/announcements/detail/1606018739983837828
vocaroo.com/i/s1k5N2N3GV4o
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cocorond.carneades
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I play heavily modded so I don't even know how vanilla players do anything anymore.

It gets boring pretty fast.

what mods

I started playing it a couple of weeks ago, so far I've "cleared" Ironclad more or less. I'm not used to playing card games so I don't really have the good habits on how to manage a deck but I've had success with building a deck around either Rampage/Double tap or Limit Break.

ModTheSpire is the mod launcher, and then BaseMod and StSLib are prerequisites.
Then the gameplay mods I use are Aspiration, Conspire, Hubris, Replay The Spire, Infinite Spire, Spike's Relics, Strawberry Spire, Shop Mod, SuperFastMode, Quick Restart.
Then the character mods I always have installed are the Clockwork and Animator.

I really like it but I wish there were less objectively better builds. like why even bother play red friend without exhaust or blue friend without ice spam

are all these actually good and balanced for the game?

So is the Heart just a bullshit boss fight?
I gotta decide if it's worth trying to even beat the Heart now that I've completed the game with all three characters.

Yes.

It's completely optional. If you want, you can try to beat it. I ahven't yet, because the times my deck would have been able to beat the heart, i forgot to take one of the keys ...

Not in the slightest. Most of them add a lot of relics that can create infinite synergy. I'm done playing the vanilla game. Beaten A20 on the three characters. I only play Endless mode now and I just experiment with new classes or card combinations.

Watcher is pretty fun, probably going to get nerfed on release because of how easy it is to make broken shit with blasphemy and free card draw from adaptation
It's good to see Surveil mechanic from MTG in the game too, having some control over your draw pile is cool.
New tungsten rod is absolutely fucking mental

Attached: cute.jpg (1280x720, 303K)

There's no downside to trying. Just getting to Act 4 counts as a win already.

There's no better feeling than getting hit once and summoning 5 lightning to wipe the enemy out instantly
electro+static discharge+echo form is a dream come true and it makes me smile every time
I think it's the sound effects, they're extremely juicy

Core Surge + Biased Cognition is infinitely better tough.

By the way I have NEVER EVER made Dark Orb build work. Shit is so weak it's honestly sad.

Dropped it because brainlet that gets crushed by second boss.

adaptations probably gonna get removed before release
defect had a similar card in beta called prime, they deleted it because giving a universal draw 1 effect on every card that channels orbs was broken as shit, and this is basically the same deal

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Taking Bad Cards Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From Selection Screen Like Nigga Skip The Cards Haha

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 100K)

it's just fuckin RNG

Got it on the last day of humble monthly. Played it for several hours, didn't progressed more than act 3 with red and green guys.

>You win if you can pay enough to throw away the shit cards that are forced upon you
Great design

other than your starting strikes what shit cards are "forced upon you"

>shit cards that are forced upon you

this game is pure unadulterated pain after ascension 15
I stopped at 17 on all 3 characters because I couldn't get good

Attached: 1566740596798.jpg (540x540, 14K)

my wife!

Attached: 2pywlz4q9dm31.jpg (640x1029, 93K)

Stance changes are less common that orb channeling and are generally trickier to manage. Adaptation is still ridiculous though.

>pick up a mod relic that prevents you from skipping rewards
>press escape twice and skip them anyway

Attached: 1.jpg (750x1000, 138K)

dark orbs are really good, especially with darkness+
the thing people do wrong with dark orbs is trying to let them ramp naturally by just sitting there and taking no orb cards aside from them, thats just a fast way to die

Even if Adaptation would cost 2 mana and become a rare it would still be pretty brutal card.

>get to the heart with a terrible strength deck as ironclad
>get fucked in the ass by the spear and shield

Fuck whoever thought that was a good idea.

Attached: 1565865617123.png (500x373, 100K)

got it for free somewhere. a bit too rng for my taste. i know there's some strategies that you can go for if your lucky. but my best run was with the red guy mostly randomly doing shit. would've beaten act 3 boss if i'd got some kind of block card in the that turn, but of course no.
but i'm just bad and bad luck both combined.

luck is no excuse

Attached: dnW7291.png (1616x939, 940K)

dark orbs aren't supposed to be your only orb type, you'd get fucked so hard that way. they work as burst damage you use by cycling through other orbs. also if you use the recursion card that channels the orb after evoking it, dark orbs keep all their stacks.

It counters about every type of deck there is except for decks that rapidly scale dexterity. It also especially counters everything that time eater does, but harder.

the game seriously lacks content. if it got more floors and classes and shit itd probably top binding of isaac as the greatest modern "roguelike". but it doesnt, and mods dont count and dont even have the quality required

Attached: 1550143866158.png (247x104, 32K)

Are there like guides on building deck optimally and what cards you should just not take? I feel like I pick up a lot of shit cards or bloat my deck with too many ideas.

correct
ascension is not fun and is mostly about forcing specific strategies rather than being creative with what youre given

on the other hand, are you a pussy
only pussies give up

I beat the heart with every class except the ironclad

I know that but there's literally no reason to take dark orb cards over better options or just skipping in my experience

I love this game, I hope that in the future we see a lot more singleplayer games with deckbuilding elements
I mean, we already are, the game was already hugely influential(I think), I just love card games and after what hearthstone did to destroy them it's very rough to find good ones anymore

Attached: GAY the spire.png (1032x433, 640K)

you dont need a guide youll figure it out as you play. first pick a deck type when presented with the option and only pick cards that work with it (poison for example). dont overvalue cheap cards many of them will just pollute the deck. always pick 0 cost draw unless theres discard involved. always use every opportunity to remove a card, starting from the basic 6 dmg strikes

I kind of agree since defect pretty much is optimally played by getting synergies with 1 orb type. Chaos can be fun if you get enough focus though
I did it with ironclad and silent, but never defect. I always come REALLY close with blizzard decks but I can't pull it out. And playing all for one decks against the heart is just painful.
With ironclad the power that lets you keep armor through turns + body slam is pretty much the way to go.
dying to elites on the 2nd floor is just so painful...

it does have this though
spirelogs.com/
this really fulfills my autistic love for overanalyzing information, I wish we had more shit like this in games other than fuckin pokemon

I played it a while back
it's pretty fun but you pretty quickly realize there's not that many builds that can beat the game so you have to build towards them every time & if you don't get the synergies you just lose

game relies too much on random relic drops. a few are amazing, most are trash compared. they can make or break a run. not very well balanced imo. other than that it's great, addictive, although it needs more content. strange they haven't added more.

What is super fast mode? Seems useful

Silent is very gay for Watcher.

Attached: sil.jpg (850x1489, 124K)

darkness(+) is a really good card on its own
chaos is a really good card on its own
doom and gloom sucks eggs but thats fine because its not necessary

if you get shit like this early i just dont see a reason to not take things like loop or multicast to enable them, its not like they brick with other orbs

is corruption (exchaust a skill after playing it) really the best card for ironclad? literally never used it and i mustve played ironclad close to 100h lol

wrong
some builds just require specific relics to work and the possibility to get both relic + deck combination is really low
fishing for those is fun

>play asc 0 after only doing a20 heart runs for a while
>literally don't even have to think about anything
>just click cards
>every deck wins
Fuck man. Maybe I'm a masochist now. Can't really do anything but a20. You'll get there.

>Play the game that inspired slay the spire
>It has 18 classes as opposed to 3
>It has 18 bosses as opposed to 9
>The final boss is fucking impossible even when compared to STS heart
>it doesn't have any energy system and doesn't force the player to drag fight
>It has lot of hard decision
>It was designed by someone who later went to work for blizzard instead of a bunch of random literally who
>Nobody ever talk or play about it because it looks like ass and didn't have a bunch of streamers play it

Life is painful
dream quest

I can't remember my exact defect deck but it involved creative AI, lots of orb slot and focus card and the frozen core

I haven't played since june of last year. Is Ironchad still the best class? I liked him and the robot, but the poison chick sucked ass, poison took too long to make good

yes, absolutely.
exhaust ironclad is kinda like playing infinite combo deck, but without the "infinite" since your cards get exhausted so if you can't kill fast enough you get bodied.
works pretty good if you put it together though, killed heart with that archetype like no big deal

yes
exhausting cards is good
and he gets a lot of busted combos with it because of things like feel no pain and dead branch

It's exceptionally strong for him as a finishing move, of course it destroys your hope to go on much longer in that fight, but if you couple it with the power that lets him draw a card when he exhausts a card, the skill that lets him add an exhausted card back to his hand, or the relic that makes cards sometimes discard instead of exhaust/the relic that makes a random card show up in your hand when you exhaust, it can become absurdly powerful and enable you to play a LOT of cards in one turn, thin out your deck like a madman and dig for important cards, or just be hilarious
one of ironclad's main strengths is his ability to manipulate his deck via exhaustion, and corruption is very powerful when you tap into any of the synergies that style enables

cmon man poison is the easiest way to win the game AND kill the heart since you can just stack block and double/triple the poison a couple times

I've beaten every character at A20 a few times and I just cannot into Watcher because of the lack of card art. It really takes me out of the flow of things to have to read every card before being able to judge my hand.
I'll have to wait for some placeholder stuff at the very least before I feel like I can enjoy it.

Ironchad was never the "best" class. Silent had always and still has best global winrate out of 3.
New hero might change it though.

>skin that light
look I know you hate niggers because you're on Yea Forums but silent is literally bl*ck

Attached: the silent is a qt.png (886x686, 533K)

It speeds up certain animations and a bunch of other minor delays and transitions that just slow things down. You can control how fast it goes, up to 10x I believe.

it does actually surprise me how much that slows me down
my par time for the other characters is like 30 mins, and my watcher runs are averaging like 45-50 mins right now

Attached: GrandFinale.png (678x874, 369K)

idc

Attached: 1548297589493.jpg (2680x1600, 1.6M)

>*adds a wound to your draw pile*
Heh. Nothing personnel, Silent.

lel and i take around an hour to clear an A20 run since i like to think pretty hard in games with no time limits
imagine how long the watcher takes me

even that skin tone is way darker than in the image posted, but the game's art style makes skin tone often inconsistent, ironclad is sometimes shown as very green and sometimes more gray also
>muscles
ruined

Attached: the silent.jpg (1201x789, 87K)

this game is trash, there are better tower gamse out there like neoverse. it's not even finished but it's not as LAZY RNG based like slay is.

Yeah, RNG isn't an excuse on no ascension runs.

>ruined
Get ye gone.

Attached: 1496026660366.png (720x720, 322K)

Tohoos

Have about 200h in it. It's a good game, but the higher ascension difficulties are kinda bullshit and not very fun. Too much luck involved at A20 which burned me out on the game.

name one card game without RNG
the only time in which it feels like i truly lose to variance in this game is A15+, which was designed as extra challenge for the hardcore autists like myself

You know they just added a fourth class, right?

Honestly it all depends on the context of your deck, there's no objective list like that. You just roll with what you get early and build around that.

I just did, neoverse. it has RNG but you can control it. slay the spire is unbalanced as fuck.

Also a REAL card game with more skill than RNG is hearts, but that requires card counting, meaning 0% of Yea Forums is able to play this competently.

The genre is perfect for mobile too, so it's a beacon of light in that cesspool.

>lazy

You're basically guaranteed a working deck in every run, you just need to understand the kinds of decks you can make with each character and not be a retard in battle.

it just gets old, sometimes I wanna make a certain deck style like poison but the cards that I get never synergize which makes it frustrating

DEFECT IS CUTE AND I LOVE HIM!

Attached: defect electrotherapy.jpg (1920x1200, 247K)

Ironclad is a piece of shit because while all his cards are good, they need to fit a archtype to even work. I.e game might dick you by never giving you cards of the same archtype
Silent is a piece of shit because A LOT of her cards are low power or requires setup for the next turn. Sure there is a lot of fantastic stuff, but the lower power "+1 draw next turn" is horrid.
Defect is alright, but he doesn't scale that well. But at the least his cards are somewhat balanced, so you get a lot further with bad draws.

Same here. I don't find ascension 0/1 to be fun. You can basically do anything and win.
I can't believe I used to be so shit that my win/loss was like 1/30

>lel rest of the cards is useless keke omfg dont you read my /reddit/guide?

No. I dont. sorry, it's a shit, poorly balanced, game.

It's ugly though. The games it inspired are just more pleasant to play.

Attached: screenshot_20190128-220128_night-of-the-full-moon[1].jpg (1080x2220, 1.11M)

My most valuable lessons were not grabbing every card, even if they are gold and to stop worrying and eat the curses. Also I had loads of trouble to clear the game with the Defect because it took me forever to understand that you want to cycle through orbs like a madman.

>Name a card game without RNG
>neoverse. it has RNG

Attached: 1559925062078.jpg (640x343, 37K)

I wanted to try out the new version of the Fire Breathing card, so I did a run with Ironclad. Something I've barely done since I have typically found the Ironclad to be less interesting than the other characters.

Anyhow it worked out splendidly and I beat the heart on my first attempt. The new Fire Breathing power is pretty damn good.
Against the Heart I even had a Power potion and a Duplicate potion, and I lucked out and got an additional Fire Breathing with my Power potion.
So for every Status card I drew I dealt 50 damage and drew an additional card thanks to Evolve.
And with every Warcry I got to draw two cards, put a card ontop of my deck, which could be a Status card from my hand. Then when Warcry Exhausts, I got to draw a card thanks to Dark Embrace which gave me back my status card which dealt 50 damage yet again and let me draw an additional card yet again.

A shame I never came across a single Dual Wield, because that could have been some true memery.

Attached: firebreath-run.jpg (1250x850, 567K)

>You know they just added a fourth class, right?
no they fucking havent

dumbass, you can easily remove or repick stuff. it's not as hardcore RNG as sts is, which is why it's more fun. it's more dependent on strategy instead of just having pure dumb luck.

can you provide some more elaborate criticism?
there's not much i can say about it being unbalanced when you don't provide any examples

He said WITHOUT RNG. I await your apology.

>not willing to understand how the game works
>do poorly as a result and blame the game for own mistakes

Hmm, you're retardation seems to check out.

it's on the beta branch bud

Enable the beta branch you dummy dum dum.

>StS ripoff with Waifus
Neoverse is fine, but it's not a better game than StS.

>pirate some cardbuilder with some nice artwork
>you literally cannot build a deck because all cards except basic attack and basic heal are permanently consumed on use
>even the shield card is consumed, so literally zero defense if you run out

you talking about this game?

store.steampowered.com/app/557410/Dream_Quest/

I disagree, I think it's a really good game and I wish more people would play it

After I got the plat I stopped playing. Even if I only got to 20 with ironclad, it feels like I've seen everything the game has to offer.

The Defect is in fact the only character I have been able to clear the Heart with since he justs generates a retarded amount of block

I played that game too. It's fucking garbage.

why is it in beta, how unfinished is it

A StS thread that reached 100 posts. Not bad.

Some art is just not there and there's going to be some hard rebalancing before it gets pushed to the main branch.

Missing card art and needs balancing. Defect was the same way but changes between the beta and the release were minimal for the Defect.

sounds like i should wait then. is there an eta

>It was designed by someone who later went to work for blizzard instead of a bunch of random literally who
Slay the Spire is better than any modern Blizzard game so I don't see how that's a plus

And no one needs a boss harder than A20 Heart

I can't apologize for your autism.

Yes, it's hard to recommend because the art is literally drawn with Mspaint but I had a lot of fun with it, I also think it's more varied than STS

steamcommunity.com/games/646570/announcements/detail/1606018739983837828
>Testing the Fourth Character
>Hello! The 4th character is now available in the beta branch. Beating the game and having the Defect unlocked will unlock this character. If these requirements are already met, the character will be available as soon as you start the game!
>This update comes with one new character, new relics, new potions, balance changes, and other unnamed goodies will be added during this test period. Also, the Fire Breathing card was reworked.
>Participating in the beta is easy! Opt into the beta through the BETAS tab for Slay the Spire. For more info, see here.

>Can I use my saves from the main branch?
>Yep. Open the game properties and under the LOCAL FILES tab select BROWSE LOCAL FILES... and create a copy of your preferences folder and rename it betaPreferences (case sensitive).

Attached: 36f45ef431e5fcd80e4e48b221bd9fb14b4e4095.jpg (1280x720, 477K)

they actually changed a fair number of cards for defect in beta
experiencing the broken shit is part of the fun though
rip impulse, my love

the best card in the game is feed

You want to cycle trough orbs like a madman
But the game might not give you the tools you need to do that. Which is a shame, because Chaos+ and Rainbow+ and the one that fires all the orbs are fantastic regardless of the deck.

I think I might be retarded but I just can't play the new girl without actual card art. I'll even take placeholders or ripped cards from other characters, at least give me something that lets me visually distinguish them from one another.

no its discovery
feed is pretty ok though

What are some of your favorite mod characters? I really enjoy the slime the most out of those I have tested.

i already torrented it and gonna try it out now, i believe you cus i read some of the reviews too. dont care about graphics only about gameplay

>hmm this card doesn't fit any synergy in my deck or the synergy is too weak
>finna pick it anyway

Attached: gorilla nigger.jpg (1294x478, 115K)

Well the big 3 are Slime, Disciple, and Marisa. Bard is made by the same guy who made the first two. There's probably a whole bunch more anime mods.

the game can't really afford to have a massive variety of enemies since you need to realistically be able to plan for everything. oftentimes the difference between needing a card and not is a particularly nasty encounter, and too many variables would fuck it up.
the real variety is in the decisions you're forced to make in card choices as influenced by the relics you pick up

apotheosis+ is the best card in the game

Attached: E094C4D399DFD706B09A9B0A921E613E51C0B41A[1].jpg (637x358, 67K)

Animator, Slime, Clockwork.

Oh shit
How well done is this, both the cards/character and the actual balance

call me when they add some anime waifus to this game

depends
if a deck is bleeding out and rests every campfire instead of upgrading it's a godsend
if you've managed to sustain yourself and upgrade, or bump into the warped tongs or upgrade all strikes and defends, it gets a lot worse
feed is one of those cards i'll almost always choose though, even as an act 2 boss reward it can be worth 30+ max HP

I have completed the game with a frost based deck with lightning and a few plasma cards in it. It pretty much made me unkillable.

the best way to play dark orbs is to not take dark cards
>symbiotic virus
>as many recursion+ as you can get your hands on
>all for one

>waah this game's RNG is shit
>when they removed a huge chunk of RNG by not giving enemies their own cards that could OHKO you
Back to Monster Slayers, fag.

When should I know what deck to commit to? When I get the first set of rewards?

best noob bait maybe
its good in searing blow decks at least

>slay the spire fan art
Fuck yes

you kidding?

I'm having fun with the Disciple but I have no idea on how to win with him. Feels like I always end up underpowered

Her

personally, when you get to the first chest just take inventory of the cards you've been getting, and try to steer it a bit more toward what you like
once you're at the first boss rewards, you should have a deck beginning to mold itself into shape.

Whichever cards have the highest chance of being useful to any potential build you are likely to make. This depends entirely on your knowledge and how you prefer to play. But generally if you don't know what your deck is trying to be by the time you are at the first boss it's probably not going to get better.

no

if i'm going to play a boring card game then i at least want some anime chicks to look at

Shocking...

based
vocaroo.com/i/s1k5N2N3GV4o

Attached: coomer.png (1044x869, 185K)

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cocorond.carneades
Why aren't you playing jap StS?

Attached: Horaku1.jpg (600x338, 49K)

half the character mods are weeb shit

Is there a list of rebalance coming in the next version of the game outside of fire breathing?

depends, you don't always necessarily have to commit, but sometimes something will become stronger because of either the order of card choices, or relics you pick up
for example if my first chest contains a kunai or shuriken, i'm immediately incentivised to pick up cloak and daggers or blade dances, and poison becomes quite a lot worse
however if i don't get offered those ideal cards, even with this powerful relic, i might be forced into poison anyway
then at the end of the act this can be fucked up anyway. for example pandora's box can be a positive pick in a lot of cases, but change what your deck does significantly

Looks derivative and low effort. Just like their VNs.

spire looks like shit but at least it doesn't hurt my eyes like that

I only speak English and I don't like weeb aesthetics. I play Meteorfall and Night of the Full Moon on mobile. Any other recs?

Attached: shot4[1].jpg (454x804, 85K)

Royal Booty Quest

Yeah, especially playing the new character right now. I'm not very good (ascension 6 only on all characters save the new one, who is ascension 2) but enjoying it. The Watcher really makes you puzzle out solutions, which I'm enjoying a great deal.

>being a rabid fanboy as to defend terrible RNG laziness
you're like that faggot that keeps pretending wolf3D is a better game than doom because it was 'le earlier'.

>spire looks like shit
wrong

i got used to the artstyle long ago, but it's not a pretty game

i mean it does. most of these actually good roguelites do though, darkest dungeon is like the only exception

Dream quest if you are on IOS

Post more the Silent

Spirelogs is dog shit for trying to find out what cards are "good"

Legit question, who clicks Vocaroo links on Yea Forums? Like why would you?

wrong
if you don't like the artstyle doesn't mean the game looks bad
everything is sleek and there's no visual clutter
most cards can be distinguished by art
meanwhile look at this dogshit im a huge fucking weaboo but that is absolutely horrible

two things can be bad at the same time, dude.

>Can we
REDDIT ALERT

No eta but defect took about 2 months to be released after beta, so probably that long

Not everyone browses on a fucking phone.

WHERE
THE
FUCK
IS
THE
PHONE
PORT

what? im pretty sure audio works on phones. anyway im sure the point is its just gonna be a fucking loud noise

>phone
kill yourself you glow in the dark nigger faggot

Attached: 1568144090603.jpg (1971x1971, 450K)

You can control the volume you ree-ree.

this year :^)
after exit the gungeon being a fucking apple arcade exclusive i'm paranoid

Fuck off Terry, this fits touch controls unlike all that autismal shit.

That's an Apple arcade "debut". They haven't used the word exclusive at all.

It's not that hard, you just need a deck that can play very defensive very fast. Barricade for the Ironclad, stacked Footwork and Leg Sweep for Silent, and Frost + focus for Defect

>he doesn't have CSS extension that embed links
weak, so terribly weak

Why would there be one?

Because they've said there will be.

all and every phoneposters and mobile gamers need to be burned alive in human sized ovens

I mean why would you listen to spergs on Yea Forums on vocaroo?

Play Loops. I don't take a Darkness unless I have Loop

is that the anime one with roses

oh, that's good
still pisses me off that there's a fucking paid subscription for mobile games

Why wouldn't you?
I don't understand your confusion.

It's no different from the shitposts you're already reading.

Attached: 1352389905341.jpg (848x480, 43K)

a single dark orb absolutely fucks the champ
i love the champ for that reason. he can be an insanely easy boss fight (strength scaling, dark orb, catalyst) or a ballbusting fight in which you need to block for an absurd amount

>double click link
>right click
>click "open link in new tab"
>hit play in new tab
>decrease volume if too loud
>if raving retard, close within 2 seconds
if you're not a phoneposter it's a really simple process

>he hasnt heard the girl version

I dunno, if it leads to more premium phone games then I'm all for it.

post it

Really?

So can someone explain how to make an ice deck work with Defect? What am I looking for? I'm trying to get it's unlocks done and I haven't managed to even beat the 3rd area yet. (Though I got 1 turn away this morning vs Dona/Deca. Drew no blocks 2 turns in a row really fucked me)

I was going to buy this for my Switch but I realized it had all these mods available on PC.

Consoles need mod support

i wasnt even aware there was such a thing as an ice deck

Attached: vcyty3vn0kj31[1].png (1080x2340, 383K)

This one gives me picrelated vibes, I love it.

Attached: billy scream.jpg (508x381, 19K)

Reading is bad enough, listening is worse.

Shieet
Could be the first game ever that I buy on phone

>There's no fan art of best girl
SAD!

Attached: The_Lady_in_Blue.jpg (600x600, 74K)

>unironically liking mean potion mommy

Degenerate

You'll have to buy separate copy to play on a fucking phone?

That's generally how things work, yes.

Well I assume so? Development and release for mobile costs a lot of money why the fuck would they give it out for free

>no fan art of best boy either
VERY SAD!

Attached: Event_-_The_Cleric.jpg (600x600, 93K)

coolheaded and glacier are your prime picks for generating frost, with cold snap being best late game when you want to get to your key powers as quickly as possible. cold snap is pretty shit but sometimes you have to since frost is just so valuable.
cards like loop, defragment, and capacitor all allow you get more innate block every turn. loop and defragment are generally better for shorter fights, while capacitor is good in longer ones. however capacitor enables consume, which can substitute if you don't get any focus
static discharge works weirdly well with frost, since if you're being attacked multiple times, the first time you get hit will evoke a frost orb and summon lightning. against fights like book of stabbing or the heart, this is very good.
while blizzard might seem like an easy pick, it's a really slow source of damage. i only take it in scenarios where i have absolutely no scaling damage, which can sometimes happen.
it can be a good idea to throw in one dark orb, since combo'd with frost, you can essentially just babysit it while it generates more damage.
it's a mistake to focus ONLY on frost though, which is generally an issue with new players. lightning is still really good damage, especially early with ball lightning and electrodynamics.

>ywn get stepped on and called degenerate for buying Snecko Oil
why even live

not cold snap being best late game, coolheaded.
cold snap is the worst option late game.

Why are asians so good at video games ?
It's not fair

Thanks. Yeah, my last run made use of electrodynamics pretty well. I think a lot of my problem with defect is just never finding a source of focus. It really feels like the other orbs besides lightning NEED extra focus.

The Silent looks like that!?

Attached: 1561978220443.gif (498x488, 679K)

Don't take it personally. If 1% of people on earth are godlike at a game, there are, just mathematically, 10 million godlike asian players and only 3.5 million godlike US players.

>silent with bullet time deck
Easy

dude, asia is a bigger place than just china

it's certainly a lot better with focus, but defect isn't necessarily a lost cause without it. there are some other ways to generate a lot of block.
genetic algorithm is a really fun card for instance, by the end of a run it can be blocking for 60+, which you can fetch back with a hologram if you draw it too early.

I'm excluding India, Japan, the middle east, and SE asia because all the StS leaderboard names were Hanzi.

I'll agree and compromise to
>It's way more than the number I gave you though.

chinks just love gambing and math
its in their heart and soul
they're generally good at games that involve calculated risks

It's a skill that comes in handy when your life revolves around fucking over your neighbors for profit.

My wife.

Attached: dave-whitaker-potionseller.jpg (824x1004, 167K)

I never get it early enough to make it worth while. I do seem to find a lot of Charged Battery though.
Is there any ways to increase draw power with it? Seems outside of FTL, coolheaded or sweeping beam there isn't any good reliable drawing cards in it's deck.

Skim, and Seek

Defect very cool

Attached: TASTE MY LIGHTNING FUCKER.png (2160x983, 2.85M)

compile driver is a common card that should be giving you at least 2 card draw, sometimes 3. i would generally prefer a skim or upgraded coolheaded to it, but sometimes you can't afford to be picky. it's fine for early damage too which you need to beat elites.
heatsinks is a really awkward card if it's not upgraded, but can be good when upgraded if you already have a large number of powers in your deck. generally a very lategame card though.
fission is also really nice, especially upgraded. being able to burst a few orbs for damage or defense into playing some key powers to smooth the fight over is valuable. issue is that it's really not that good unupgraded.
seek is a rare i will always take if offered. it can never be bad, it can only be that another rare is better.
and of course, echo form is a way to create more draw, since you can play your draw cards twice in one turn.

I like the new character but I think I'm too much of a brainlet to play her because of the stance dancing. It's not that complicated but I don't like planning out my rage turns that far ahead of time.

holy fuck

ancient tea set into a bottled flame meteor strike is a hell of a drug

Damn is that new card art? It's been a while since I last played

>Had a run where I picked up three Wraith Forms very early on, got the Apparition event and found a Spoon to keep recurring them
I went from half way through Act 2 all the way to the Heart without taking a scratch.

Attached: 1543527743548.png (394x296, 191K)

if you beat the heart with a class you can enable beta art on cards for shitty puns and memes

really enjoying The Watcher.
Dead branch on her is an Auto-Win just like in the Ironclad

Attached: 2019-09-13 (4).png (1366x768, 737K)

Is that it? Lol I thought that looked better than the current art

You've given me a lot of things to consider. Thanks again, user.

All right, what's the next color going to be? Yellow?

they invented a new colour for this

no idea, i want them to try a summoner next though.
i hope they'll be able to produce characters faster once the mobile port is finished. PS4 and Switch seemed like disasters for a while which no doubt delayed content.

White

Attached: nazi.jpg (1308x1636, 323K)

Why is this game so fucking unfair? I keep getting fucked over by RNG

Attached: 1470193740893.png (640x495, 208K)

yeah the rng/skill-skill ratio is more on the darkest dungeon side rather than the binding of isaac side but you can still git gud

>get to act4 with a really good deck
>beat the two guardians in one turn flat
>lose to the heart because he slapped me with 50 damage twice while I only got curse cards, I literally couldn't do anything

Attached: 1482875669706.png (222x193, 12K)

how many hours have you played and in what Ascencion level are you?
I have the 3 classes in A20 and the watcher in A4 after 216 hours played.

It's kind of bullshit that it's practically impossible to beat the heart with a glass canon deck. I mean I guess the point but still.

Are they going to add a new gem unlock for the heart with the watcher?

Attached: 1000213600820.gif (853x480, 154K)

little defense =\= no defense
most glass canon builds have some sort of short term damage mitigation in form of intangible or exhaustable cards
and most fights against heart don't last longer than 3-4 turns anyway

sooo What are your thoughts about the new calling bell?

Attached: 2019-09-13 (6).png (1366x768, 898K)

>and most fights against heart don't last longer than 3-4 turns anyway
>mfw all my fights against the heart are easily 6+ turns

Attached: 1561213933030.jpg (626x568, 29K)

Should you bother trying to fight heart if you're in ascension? I imagine ascension 1 would be best if you're grinding it cuz more relics

>and most fights against heart don't last longer than 3-4 turns anyway
That's the ting though. It's impossible to win against the heart in 1 turn. Just can't do it. So even if you manage to put together one of those absolutely amazing decks that can churn out infinite damage, you still can't win unless you also have defence. And if you have none, you'll lose.

There's no reason not to if you think your deck is strong enough, I went and beat the Heart on my Asc 19 Ironchad run when I had an insane corruption deck going on. There's no risk to losing either, as long as you beat the Act 3 boss you'll unlock the next ascension level.

I really like it. Way better than before.
If anything the unique curse can even be good with certain decks or certain relics. So now the bell actually has a niche and is useful and you won't just feel like you got the short end of the stick while cursing the RNG for not giving you better boss relics.

-> still not as good as energy relic

decks that can do infinite damage can have infinite defense as well

blocking that much must be a real bother

i expect this to be really good on ironclad
all it takes is a blue candle and feel no pain to be nutty. necronomicurse was insane too, but too rare to really make an impact

The risk losing is missing out on a relic(but it's usually artillery so that's fine)
Missing out on a rest/upgrade/using a relic passive at the test site and possibly taking more damage at a buffed elite

i haven't touched it in a while but this thread just reminded me that they added a new character recently, I'll have to go try that

I'm still upset that she has a visible face without a full mask.

Protip for those having a bit of trouble with the Heart
Callipers/Thorns is fucking great

>The risk losing is missing out on a relic
you take all that shit in last act and if your deck isn't strong enough by that time you shouldn't bother

Attached: Event_-_Big_Fish.jpg (600x600, 55K)

Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry.

Broken as fuck where you can basically just play every card forever, but it's fun.

Calm down, Mahmud.

Attached: the_silent_by_ten_gou_dc9v818-fullview.jpg (900x1350, 85K)

>StS thread
>no Donu posting

Attached: 1520249950363.gif (647x534, 1.55M)

Everyone else didn't have a face, so it just bugs me that it breaks the shared aesthetic they had going.

>Everyone else didn't have a face
?

Attached: Silent.png (259x237, 47K)

Wait a second.

what amount of money would make you fight them?

Attached: 2019-09-13 (8).png (1366x768, 1.85M)

None, that Red Mask is mine

depends of your deck you stupid

Why aren't you playing this game?

Attached: SteamWorld_Quest.jpg (1920x840, 1.35M)

based
no bullies allowed on my watch

Attached: 2ea.jpg (833x696, 143K)

game is not that good

never heard of that what is it

I already did. It was okay. Game falls into the trap of gating characters till mid to late game. I had no incentive to break up the first 3 characters over the other 2. Game was a bit easy too.

describe them you fucking autist
if they're good enough for you to shit on vanilla you need to prove it

Attached: D1aHPwVVAAAuULM.jpg (768x1200, 112K)

Fuck the Heart. Game would be legit better if they just dropped it completely and made another full act with 3 different end bosses as usual.

delicious.

I torrent Ed it put in 30 hours now bought it and put in 40 hours, I've capped out at ascension 10s and am a little bit bored

They're all over the steam workshop. There's not that many mods that change gameplay, and I listed most of the ones that are at least relatively updated and compatible with one another. The majority of them add relics or different ways to approach playing endless. Quick Restart is self explanatory, and shop mod allows you to sell relics so that you can get rid of relics that fuck with your builds.

If you're curious you can look them up for yourself. I'm not here telling you how to play, you moron. Someone asked me what mods I use and I told him.

Attached: 1222381579106.gif (299x235, 832K)

what does the curse do?

it's just a card that you can't play or remove from your deck
more annoying than a real drawback imo
unless you have a lean deck

so its like the curse you get from playing on ascended?

this is one of my favorite fights

bell Curse doesnt exhaust

it's almost exactly like necronomicurse

What's the best "Spirelike"/StS clone you played?
So far the only ones I liked were Fate Hunters, Overdungeon, and Neoverse. Blood Card gets a pass too.

What a disaster. What can we do to save this character?

Attached: 1558869923609.jpg (921x656, 81K)

I suck at this game, how do I get past A4?

make her even more cute, so silentfags seethe even harder

Attached: 1446045797468.png (625x626, 41K)

play more, think long term
if you really can't git gud just watch some gameplay of a20 nigger on youtube

make decks that beat elites aka - enough damage to kill nob and vulin act 1, lots of AoE act 2
elites give more money and a higher chance of rare cards, they're not just for relics

Pyramid is the best boss relic, fight me actually don't, I'm going to bed

2nd best
best is snecko eye

Serious, though. The cards need work.

there have been tweaks to the cards every day since release
the devs have an interesting approach to balance, they collect a bunch of hard data and mix it with community feedback

the character is hard to balance because the stance are so strong the cards have to be shit so the character doesnt just break the game.
Calm is kinda busted, going infinite with him is very easy right now,even more with Violet Lotus

Attached: 2019-09-13 (10).png (1366x768, 699K)

Why is the game so hard? I just can't win because everytime I get a good deck going I get forced into a boss that literally hardcounters me

you can look at what the boss of the act is going to be
don't take cards that don't work well against it

you can see who is the boss from the moment you enter the act, so you should know what cards you need in your deck to beat him.
in the case of elites, you have to know that there are 3 differents elites for every act, and if you fight more than 1 elite for act the game will try to put you against one that you havent fought yet

>jaxx BE

Attached: 1546881529951.jpg (800x600, 151K)

Fight if you've got more than 75 gold, the red mask is useful, losing gold sucks, and cards and money are good rewards.

>nobody realizing she is eating testicles

>liking snecko eye

ABSOLUTE casuals, making an RNG fuckfest even more RNG

in act 2 my deck should be good enough to beat slavers, so it should be good enough to beat them since they're far weaker

I have an odd question. How difficult or annoying are the trophies on PS4? I'm a fucking autismo so if I like a game I try to 100% it trophywise if possible, but if it's not fun or not worth it I obviously don't do it.

I was just curious since if they're a pain in the ass on the PS4 I'll probably just grab it for Switch

because your "good deck" is a narrowed down garbage
actual "good deck" is balanced in a way that can deal with multitude of different threats and encounters

just because you have your perfect set of poison cards on Silent doesn't mean you'll have enough defense to outlive your enemies

the point of sneko eye is that when you lose you can say "well, its not me being dogshit, its the goddamn snecko that screwed me over!"
other than that relic is useless

It's the most powerful relic in the game, even without tons of 3 costs. I'm pretty sure some autist did the math.
Obviously, yeah. There are times when it will kill you. But the benefits far outweigh the negatives, especially when you run with 3 energy.
It will take a while. To get one of them, you need to beat the game as it gets harder, 20 times. The others are generally pretty easy, the one that took me like a few hours to get was the one with only 5 cards. You need a lot of luck for this one.

Attached: 1562256370817.jpg (694x757, 51K)

Attached: 1568336784365.jpg (638x1024, 128K)

snecko eye gives you 2 cards in each turn, that already is amazing and the snecko effect isnt even bad, because you can compensate by adding high cost card to your deck, and those card usually have high value.

>nobody realizing
>entire image is filled with ball busting stuff
really nigger

Thanks, appreciate it

+2 card draw is just that strong an effect

I pay if I'm trying to do the 20min run

20min should be very doable even if you fight them. Turn on keybindings so you're mousing less and get lucky.

I like that this game has fanart, I've never really seen any. The most autistic thing I do with this game is imagine all the citizens of the spire interacting with each other like some kind of Saturday morning cartoon show.
In my head Centurion and Mystic are a pair of poor mercenaries doing odd jobs to get by despite Mystic hating Centurion and generally being down on her luck about everything. I imagine Centurion is a total foil to her and screams while talking regularly, idolizes the Champ, and no matter what job they're currently doing whenever he even gets the slightest hint or inkling that one of Neow's disciples (especially Ironclad) are nearby he grabs her by the hood and rushes over to them while screaming about collecting their bounty and how he's totally a better warrior then Ironclad.
>DO YOU SMELL THAT MYSTIC??? *SNIIIIFFFFFF* ITS THE VILE ODOR OF FALSE WHALE GODS AND A LESSOR WARRIOR'S MUSK. *grabs mystic and starts running as she screams bloody murder*

man I remember when this game only had 2 characters I was trying to do speedruns with the Ironclad, the best time I got was 8mins 13secs

>The most autistic thing I do with this game is imagine all the citizens of the spire interacting with each other like some kind of Saturday morning cartoon show.
Oh shit I though I'm the only one autistic enough to do that.
Except I do that with almost any game.

You will hate it by the time you get to Ascension 15. I recommend getting a refund before that happens.

Did you alternative Ascending all your characters together, so they always had the same level, or did you focus on one character at a time?

Attached: Mockiwi.png (198x173, 45K)

Got all characters to 15 first, then focused one at a time.

One at a time.
Characters has different gimmicks and switching between mindsets is difficult to me.
That being said, I dropped Ironcuck and Defect on A12 and A10 respectively. Silent is bae.

Attached: silent heart.png (1194x622, 864K)

finished first the silent, then the Ironclad, and at last the Defect.
I have the Watcher at A5 right now

same level
game gets boring if i don't rotate