GUILTY GEAR THREAD

Forgive me for the twitter screencap, but let's discuss Guilty Gear. Translated TGS interview here pastebin.com/nsQeCLdR

Attached: 1568395286269.png (598x1110, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/hifightth/status/1172508238614429697?s=21
youtube.com/watch?v=BVe78_xv1Lg
youtube.com/watch?v=yVRFCltZ9rA
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/11/guilty-bits-xrd-venom/
youtube.com/watch?v=dl_fyTTFriY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

so am i going to have to skip the launch version of the game?
knowing them they are just going to re-release it a year later with added characters.

>Roster cuts
between this and GBVS what's the bigger embarassment?
Only having 11 characters + 5 DLC or cutting an existing roster in half just so you can resell it to people later while hiding behind
>m-muh engine m-muh ground up rework
as an excuse for the second time

>Another thing I liked being ruined by modern age losers

Why doesn't the world just die? Everything truly was kino back in the 90s and before 2001 it's been nothing but trash and stupidity ever since and I just can't take it anymore

>Daisuke is complacent with dumbing down his baby
THAT IS BULLSHIT CRAZY

No, this time it'll have season pass cancer instead
Have fun paying $45 for 5 characters you won't even know until they come out goyim :)
Be sure to buy it though because we cut the roster and maybe your cut character will be in it!

I preffer paying 20 bucks for season passess than getting re-releases every year

So why are they doing everything from the ground up again instead of just beautifying what already existed? Seems like an excuse just to re-sell DLC shit if you ask me

GBVS is infinitely simpler than GG so that

>Have fun paying $45 for 5 characters you won't even know until they come out goyim :)

whats stopping me from waiting until they all come out and then buying the pass if the characters look interesting?

>not combo focused
lmao you say that now

this is part of what makes me stingy about fighting games, you always have to keep buying the updates so you can even lab against the new characters in addition to putting in the time to adjust to every update.
it's like a 2nd job, because even if you want to do something else in your free time your skill and knowledge just atrophy in the meanwhile
but yeah they're going to have to sell me on a good update model. I mostly play other fighters but people tell me ASW is notorious for arbitrary changes too

It's pretty clear no one's doing the straight up update rereleases any more. Not even ASW is doing this looking at BBTAG.

New May looks like shit.

>they want to wipe out everything that look difficult visually
But why? In plenty of fighting games, especially GG the difficult stuff looks cool and motivates me to at least learn some of it

because for other people it discourages them from even giving the game a chance + makes it impossible for spectators to understand what's going on

>If something looks like it takes time and effort to get competent at, it isn't worth it.

I feel sorry for anyone who thinks this way, because I doubt this mentality is confined to just gaming for them.

daisuke's words not mine

I think that has to do more with being able to read what the fuck is going on in the game and not having to present someone with a Wiki of information when they just want to watch Top 8.
I'm more concerned about
>so let’s stop competing for difficult combos

>It was also announced that it will be released on the PlayStation 4, but it is not an exclusive title to the PS4.
So PS5 and PC for sure and a downgraded Switch port so Daisuke can get Sol into Smash

Overall I get a good impression from the interview. I like that there's some hesitance to just accept the "autocombo" system as the solution for beginners like everyone else since I think that's the worst approach possible. I just hope they don't go as far as SamSho in terms of being simple. I don't normally play ASW games though.

>we want street fighter audience
This might be the first Guilty Gear since #Reload that I won't play. Fuck them for dumbing it down even further.

I'm reminded that even if this game turns out great, the netcode will still be dogshit. Worse to think about since my nearest "local" is 3hrs away.

go play AC+R then retard
I'm sure you and the other 5 dinosaurs still living in the past can have fun

do it bro. give Melee and Tag 2 players a run for their money

Dilate

With my usual luck in rosters at launch, she'll get cut for sure.
Maybe dlc.

Attached: Dizzy and Ky.jpg (1000x1000, 166K)

Why is the buttrock song they picked for this game so good?

Yeah I understand, that sentiment just hits home for me since I've always had a friend who wants to get good at fighting games (he says), but then he never practices, complains that people who do are try hards, rages when I beat him, and he 'just wants to not feel like he's working when playing games'.

What upsets me is that I *know* why and who daisuke is doing this for, and I really don't think it will help the scene or the games.

Can someone define dumbing down “visually”? Does that mean they are removing shit like max range 2D set ups or doing combo conversion regardless of range?

Nothing, good luck learning the matchup

get you're girlfriend to play with you

Yep
virtually guaranteed since they said making dizzy was like making multiple characters in terms of workload and that's why she took so long to get in
Fucking hacks

UNIST is still doing that

Probably making things like IB more intuitive to a spectator to understand what is actually happening I'm guessing

Bitch, I know you did not play Guilty Gear.

I've never jacked off to May before, but now I will. Thank you, Arcsys.

Attached: IMG_20190913_135435.jpg (1100x995, 103K)

>Xrd's credit song "Lily" was about not just accepting what looks good and accept a thing for the depth and value it has within

>GG2020 literally only looks good and has no depth or value within

Ironically poetic.

If only user. If only.

Where did y'all get 11 + 5 DLC characters?

UNIST is published by ArcSys, developed by French Bread.

I actually prefer this because individual games usually go real cheap while Season Passes get like 20% discount and it makes me feel I get the complete package from the getgo, like I didn't buy UNEL or any prior game at all but I can just jump straight into UNIST and soon UNICLR.

Granblue versus

>those thighs
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: template.png (1357x1156, 1.68M)

Revelator sold Rev 2 as an expansion and CF only had DLC characters, so I get the impression they're trying to move away from re-releasing games everytime there's a new character.

user, it can literally mean anything. The biggest worry was vacuum like effects on hit stun, but that doesn't seem to be in there. Apparently they're adding in air hike to indicate double jumps, I guess? We haven't seen roman cancel and I GENUINELY HOPE that's not gone in all aspects. It could mean instant block, dead angle, or jump install. It could mean loops are gone.

We have to wait and see an actual match to analyze and break down.

Ah okay, I was worried it applied to GG. No offense to the Granblue crowd, I'm excited for your game, but not as much as GG. Sad to hear about the small roster.

They didn't pick it for the game, they made it for the game.

It's already confirmed on the game's website, we're getting 11 characters on base roster

I thought Lily was about flowers

For Granblue. Not GG.

>"They all want a brand new box today, no matter what's inside...."

GG will be lucky to have 16

I feel like it'll have a roster in the range of 18-20. I think the 9 that have been in every game will all be in, then the black guy obviously's in, which leaves 8 more spots, and I'd say Raven and Sin will definitely get two of them at least. With the rest is a bit harder to guess who's in, but in any case, Answer's not in and I had already come to terms with having to play someone else in the new game before it was even announced, I had never expected him to make it to the next one, so I'm content to play someone else and I'm interested to see new designs for returning characters as well as brand new characters. I hope someday the game has a roster with plenty of the characters who won't make it from Rev 2, but in the meantime I'm just happy to play Guilty Gear, even if not every character I'd like makes the cut.

Attached: 1524715200274.jpg (400x600, 61K)

Redpill me on rosterfags. I remember being spammed nonchalantly in smash threads. How did it first conceived?

>but in the meantime I'm just happy to play Guilty Gear
its gonna be nothing like GG it wont even have sol dustloops

I doubt that, if it turns out that way then that's a bridge I'll cross when I come to it, but I think the people who think it'll be braindead or that it won't be anything like GG are just being irrationally pessimistic.

18-20 is aiming way too high unless you're counting the entire season pass as part of the base roster
They already said this is a complete ground up restart which means it's the same amount of work as XX -> Xrd

What was the better series in the end? GG or BB?

Have you seen the recent interview? It will be a non combo focused game like Granblue

whichever you liked the most

Guilty Gear without roman cancels and combos is not Guilty Gear.

yeah bro they're totally going to remove any and all combos and it's just going to be bushido blade
have a (you)

it is if daisuke says it is, cope
GG2 was also guilty gear

What is there to discuss? We have 3 staples, 1 newcomer, and vague ass statements about the game being more "accessible." They need to stop doing these fucking announcements of announcements that reveal some tiny strip of info.

twitter.com/hifightth/status/1172508238614429697?s=21

Xrd is shit and looks like a tech demo
I'm excited for GG again

>everyone gave SFV shit for having 16 characters at launch, meanwhile they'll praise GG for only having 12 characters because "game look good"

Attached: 1491301597312.jpg (250x250, 25K)

all you guys and the fgc at large care about are graphics nowadays

It may be a bit optimistic, now that I think about it, I think around 15 is reasonable though. It is as much work as from XX to Xrd, but they've also gotten better at making the models now unlike with Xrd when it was all new. I think it will at least surpass SIGN's console release roster in numbers.

They did not say "it will be a non-combo focused game like Granblue" they said they want to make it so you don't need difficult combos to win, which could mean a number of things in its implementation. It could mean there'll be less character specific stuff, it could mean the gap in damage between a beginner level combo and advanced one is less significant, it could mean execution will be lower in general, we don't know yet.

However I can already tell you just from what limited info we have that it will not be like Granblue's combos. That Ky even did j.S>j.H?>VT already looks nothing like Granblue where there were no air combos and the fact that both Sol and Ky have done various different combos and gatlinged various moves into various other moves is also unlike Granblue where you just have a preset autocombo you have to use. I don't know how this game will play yet, but it will not play Granblue, of that I'm certain.

We already know it has combos even if it tones them down. Just because they haven't shown RC doesn't mean it's gone, they didn't show it in the trailers for Xrd either.

GG2 had roman cancels

>It may be a bit optimistic, now that I think about it, I think around 15 is reasonable though. It is as much work as from XX to Xrd, but they've also gotten better at making the models now unlike with Xrd when it was all new. I think it will at least surpass SIGN's console release roster in numbers.
They also have more money and staff now, they were hiring literally a few months ago

Japan is shit tier when it comes to announcements.
It’s like all the gacha burn their brains so there used to this slow intake of news.

Attached: D86761D2-92DE-4C1C-8080-AF62CDC2EA56.jpg (1324x2048, 327K)

>but they've also gotten better at making the models now unlike with Xrd when it was all new.
that doesn't prove that they can make them faster, just that they can make them look prettier

as long as zato is fun to use and not as bad as he is in Rev2, I'm cool.

I'm pretty sure they had commented on being able to make them faster though, I may be misremembering. I would assume they've gotten better at putting them out faster based on the size of DBFZ roster anyway though, even if the average GG character has more work go into them and they're made by different teams.

you people need to realize TGS is their domestic convention, of course they're going to be there no matter what
and it's barely been a month since EVO, of course they don't have much new to share
at least this TGS was useful to get a bit more inside the head of Daisuke

I'll believe it when I see it
until they confirm the roster size I'm going to go ahead and assume it's sub 15

It's going to be a trashfire. I have 0 expectations. I can only hope they end up doing just one more Rev 2 patch to balance it out, I'd rather play that.

nah, it's one thing to go from a custom engine to UE, I think the biggest learning curve has been conquered by now

Guaranteed another member for the PPPP autocombo club ASW loves now. I just hope it doesn't end up looking as boring as DBFZ's

Attached: 1556089144539.jpg (500x373, 16K)

It's gonna be dumb down and still have shitty netcode with small launch roster and people will priase and buy it anyway because it looks good.

Attached: 1549036701219.gif (500x302, 581K)

[Including May that was announced today, four characters in total have been released at present. I don’t think you can say anything else at this stage, but what is the total number of characters for the roster?]

Ishiwatari: Because everything is being remade, labor has occurred in its own way. I don’t think all the characters from previous games will appear from the timing of the release date (2020).

Katano: I think many of you are wondering how the continuity follows from Rev2, but I’m making this game from scratch as a completely new work. None of this will deviate from the previous work’s story, so expect it to include aspects of it.

As much as is possible, we want to make a game in a way that will meet all your expectations.

I dunno dude it sounds like they're being pretty non-committal about the roster and making it sound like this really is starting from scratch and don't expect shit type deal

They already said in the interview that autocombos didn’t help the casuals at all.

Just pointing out to the other anons that anyone who obsesses over dust loops doesn't actually know how to play gg

I wasn't contesting it wasn't starting from scratch, just that between Sign and now, they're obviously more experienced with starting from scratch.
I haven't made a game in a long time, but this is just how life is in tech. We adopt completely new shit, but at least we're used to adopting completely new shit and the fundamentals still carry over.

>the good
It sounds like it probably won't go arcades > jap ps4 > western ps4 > pc again
>the bad
Still vague ominous shit about "I wish I could get rid of the fact that it’s going to be difficult" with no real info

Do we know what else this Katano guy has done? All I can find on google is that he worked on Sign and is a director at arcsys, and from this interview it sounds like he's got a lot of input and is pushing for casual accessibility pretty hard

It's clout gaming to 100%. Just namedrop some shit you heard, these people probably can't even do a dustloop.

I tried to figure out more about him too and couldn't, I haven't heard of him prior to now.

Can't believe them saying this while releasing a game for casuals a few months before GG
Different people making it but still

Rev2 update ain't happening

>.t noob who couldn't do any loops

want a recording?

Fuck dustloops, I'm still mad Xrd Sol doesn't have sidewinder. That fucking "KURAI YA" soundbite or whatever the fuck he says sometimes is satisfying to hear.

Attached: 1559117236403.jpg (600x318, 24K)

think of it like this
why would they want to compete with themselves in the market
I mean they already kind of are, but it wouldn't make sense to release the same game but with two different skins

I-no's not coming back, is she :c

I don't think there's any reason to assume that they're suddenly so competent that they can make the models both prettier and fast enough to deliver a big roster

wait a second arcsys did?

I miss the chanting when a sol player would do sidewinder loops in tournament.

AYY
AYY
AYY

The new model is better because that way the entry barrier is lower overall and you can always be caught up systems wise.

She's basically guaranteed

We need to beg real hard. I'll buy GG2020 if that means a Rev 2.2

She is.

aaaaa her face aaaaaaa

She is too sexy for nu-GG. Westerners don't like sexy stuff.

We don't know how many characters it will have. Also the people who gave SFV shit for 16 characters were fucking retarded. SFV had problems to discuss, its roster was not it.

>It could mean there'll be less character specific stuff
This immediately makes me think FDC.

What's FDC?

I'm just worried cause her IADs always acted as a gate that scared people from trying her despite her simpler stuff being more manageable until you got your reflexes down for the cancel from 5H. I won't obviously not pick up the game if she doesn't make the cut, though.

I ain't no Baiken main.

>Bought Rev2 last week
>Playing ramlethal because I like her swords
>everyone saying she won't be in
did I make a mistake

People like Kum and Answer are probably gone, but if they cut Raven I will riot

I'd bet money on her not coming back playable because her flying dash and its different functions are "visually difficult to understand."

Will Jack-O be in?

Faultless Defence Cancel. Essentially Kara-cancelling normals with FD. Mainly used to alter air momentum.

>buy latest game for 50% off
>100% caught up
>can skip entries when you don't have the money or time to play
I don't know, it's a downgrade for me. I'm sick of the buy the base game and now get each and every character pack that are probably still at full price, also here's the Ultramaniac edition but it still only comes with some packs and not others.
I also get some value from playing older revisions of games, both for historical reasons and I'm really unlucky when it comes to my characters getting changed in ways I don't like.

Probably not

Potentially there's a chance she won't be in, but there nothing 100% to confirm, just theories and rumors

no chance she won't be back, she is story relevant

answer, noone played him
jack-o, jack-o is dead
bedman, he's dead and we don't know what his sister can do
jam, not story relevant
kum, underplayed and not story relevant

are the ones that yu could find an easy explanation for not being in

I disagree, I think shit like that is probably more what they're moving towards. IAD's are visually confusing if you don't know how they work.
>This character flies instead of running
is perfectly simple and intuitive from a spectator perspective, even if the gameplay implications are massive.

I want Jam to come back with the same voice just to annoy people

Attached: 1527569597525.jpg (1000x1533, 500K)

friendly reminder that ishiwatari posted that manifesto last month explicitly saying this will not play anything like previous guilty gear games outside of being a 2d fighter

most probably not no

Raven will be in. I've been thinking I'd even start playing him in 2020 myself seeing as Answer won't be there. I have no doubt that Raven will be there though.

She won't, but Happy Chaos may and she'll probably play the same as Jack-O.

Attached: 0148a841618a681525a9f26835c88e2ba7b3d71b244cea1447cb371727f82d8d.jpg (851x1210, 158K)

Gimmie BBU back.

why does Faust get to drop out of the air like a stone? FDC.

everyone is drooling out of their mouth how juicy ky is and how good the may redesign is that is legs a sweater and an anchor
sol is sol
>She is too sexy for nu-GG. Westerners don't like sexy stuff.
what are you doing user. Am I eating bait or what is going on in that mind of yours?

she's literally the hardest character to learn anyway, which is why no one plays her, so no one gives a shit if she'll be on the new game or not.

>No Magisa
I'm so mad bros

Literally NONE of their recent games got a new version to buy since Revelator (Rev2 was a free update).
They have moved on, now the season pass model is used by all the fighting game studisos and it will be the same thing for GG2020.

Attached: IMG_20190913_213124.jpg (500x714, 75K)

I bought T7 at 20 bucks just this past sale and I can fully enjoy the new system mechanics and balance changes without having to drop between 40 to 60 to be all caught up with everyone. I'm fine with the Super SF4 system, but the new one works just as well only it doesn't have a physical option other than the base game.

people played her back before you could punch swords down

That's because they're dudes. May's legs only get attention in places like this.

Where are the thigh fuck pics?

>Rev2 was a free update
Not free.

>new graphic gap
>new 3D models
>new moves/moveset
>new characters
>new stages
>new mechanics
>new gameplay
>new story mode
It's a fucking new game, retard.

>Hardest character to learn
>Ram
You learn setups and combinations and has access to utility supers. I never understood this "Ram is hard" meme.

It's just called Guilty Gear because the subtitle got deleted along with most of the cast

what fantasy world do you live in where Rev 2 was a free update?It was an overpriced 2 character pack which didn't even include the previous Rev DLC

Attached: 1568386182907.png (595x842, 223K)

>not everyone from Rev2 is coming back
>removing stuff that looks hard
Say goodbye to...
Zato
Venom
Ram
Kum
Johnny

Attached: screenshot_2018_11_12_say_goodbye_to_exodia_youtube.png (350x235, 107K)

Rev 2 was not free. You had to pay for it to get the balance changes and play with Rev 2 owners(technically someone with Rev 2 could go into the setting and change the game mode to Revelator but nobody does that).

Jack-O
Dizzy
Bedman

people just ignore BBTAG and DBFZ dlc models to bait you user. Don't try to reason with them. They#re the I mained Jam in third strike people. The no bridget no buys. The people that don't play guilty gear. They just buy it because of cool graphics and then complain that they're not good because they can't play Testament.

>Johnny
You take that back

Attached: a57de16caadad696305dc28af460036c.jpg (550x800, 55K)

Zato has been in every game, I don't think they're cutting him
They might rework him really hard and completely gut what makes him unique, but I'd be amazed if he isn't in the game

who cares about stages, story or new characters

>Graphics
Nice but unnecessary, just beautify the existing models no need to redo shit from the ground up
>New 3D models
See above, it's nice but not worth cutting the roster
>Moves/moveset
Could've just added shit to Rev2
>Characters
Nobody asked for nigger samurai, bring back missing XX characters
>Stages
who cares
>Mechanics
Could've been done without a complete reboot
>Gameplay
See above
>Story mode
who cares

>zato
nope
>venom
maybe, they could do it because he is out of the story for now but usually he is a mainstay
>ram
underplayed, but relevant to the story because she is in the family but who knows
>kum
probably, both underplayed and not relevant to the story
>johnny
i don't know about that one, i think he is in, he and baiken sold both dlcs, besides the best gg player plays johnny and he will not play the game if johnny is not in, he did the same with xrd and arcsys is trying to build up their pro tour, they would be stupid to forgo the chance to have the best player to join

Testament was in every game too retard, until he wasn't
so was baiken and she had to wait until the final revision

Roman Cancel is THE mechanic of Guilty Gear, doubt it's gone.

Attached: 1564963082170.png (760x980, 182K)

lol get over it

Tekken is right there

FGC should have kept its elitism. People need to get filtered.

literally who?

Now simplifying is bad when it's a thing you like. Get fucked.

go play accent core then retard, you and the 3 people who still care about muh difficulty can enjoy your dead game

When's the next real BlazBlue?

>people shouldn't want upgrades to shit they like because it makes you feel bad
>everything should by babymode stylish/simple and autocombo shit
You just want to act superior for being contrarian.

because they're on ue4 instead of ue3 now. they would have to rebuild xrd from the ground up so they might as well build a new game, also they wanted a new game with new mechanics leaving the old tuff behind
>new graphic gap
it literally sells their game, noone here plays gg all they do is drool about may and ky
>new 3D models
it is necessary for the graphic, they are not able to go back and make worse graphics than dbfz or gbfv they need to be on par or better, they chose better, again a selling point
>new moves/moveset
they want less than rev2 not more, people do not play the game and since they want to stay in business they want as many people to get baited in by the graphics as they can, if those areable to mash for a bit on top of that, have fun and return to buy the dlc, fine with them
>new characters
i don't care about new chars, but the new players they want to get into the game won't care about old chars missing
>new stages
those also sell the game
>new mechanics
no it couldn't have been done, since daisuke said he wants to streamline the mechanics. one cool thing for rev2 is you will be able to play it in the future if you do not like gg2020
>new gameplay
you don't keep up with the news, you should stop arguing about things you don't know anything about
>new story mode
sells the game to weebs, just like the graphics

Zato is definitely not going. He and Milia are core to the series' identity, I wouldn't even be surprised if both of them are revealed at once for the next two characters like when they were revealed for SIGN. Venom may go, but I'm not sure, if he does it won't be because he's too hard though. Ram may go, but again it won't be because she's too hard. Kum will go but it's because she's boring and not that played, and personally, though I don't dislike her, I think she's the most inoffensive character they could cut. I think Johnny and Jam will both be in, they were both characters where people said they wouldn't play Xrd because of their exclusion, so I think they'll try and get them in the base roster this time around.

Google comes up with a bunch of responses
I think he's a KoF player. No clue.

>please arcsys keep producing games that nobody buys and are financial failures that have to be recouped with third party games instead of trying to make an actually successful game

never story is done, once GG is done there will be BBxGG and then arcsys needs to create new ips

>didn't even have to respond to the guy
Thanks, based user.

Isn’t the BB story done?

>ONLY PLAY NEW GAME
>PLAY NEW GAME BECAUSE EVERYBODY PLAYS IT
>WHY WOULD YOU PLAY OLD GAME? IT'S DEAD GAME
>DON'T ASK QUESTIONS JUST CONSUME PRODUCT AND GET EXCITED FOR NEXT PRODUCT
You are the cancer of the FGC, the sole greatest cancer. If GG2020 sucks guess what retard? I'll stick with Xrd, and I'll have people to play with because I'm not a wifi warrior like you almost certainly are. I will never be forced to play something I don't want to play just because the rest of you chase esports shilling.

A.B.A will come back this time bros, I can feel it

Attached: 76592489_p0.jpg (595x842, 403K)

I think he's being retarded not because of what he wants out of a fighting game, which is fair, but because he acts like it's already set in stone that the new GG is a game that is made specifically for people who are not fans of fighting games. There's a space between making the game GBVS with a Guilty Gear skin and making Guilty Gear simpler while still maintaining what people like about it.

Simplifying guilty gear is not going to make it sell more because it never has and never will have more than niche appeal. there's a fucking reason their fucking bootleg GG for nextgen had to be shoved full of anime tropes to sell. This is shooting one of the few things it had going for it in the foot for nothing.

I wanna stick to Xrd but I'm AUS

good riddance then
sekrit skill clubfags should go kill themselves already
I'm glad to see the same fanbase who spent 5 years crying about how Blazblue was kiddy mode getting BTFO

Why are you here if you don't like anything?

Literally everything Daisuke has said in interviews makes it seem like he's interested appealing to the people that don't play fighting games or Guilty Gear

>The no bridget no buys
Hey, that me!

Please do not have autocombos outside of stylish modePlease do not have autocombos outside of stylish modePlease do not have autocombos outside of stylish modePlease do not have autocombos outside of stylish modePlease do not have autocombos outside of stylish mode

I'm excited to play the new guilty gear

just play americans in 19f like that one chipp in /ggg/

Tekken is not Guilty Gear. Genuinely fuck off.

AUS has gotta have locals somewhere. If not, get some people together my man. I got sick of relying on trash netplay to get games and finding people to play with is so much better by every metric. Fighting games are grassroots, go out and find people playing. Might be a little hard at first though depending on where you are and what your situation is

When Awakening the Chaos: Alpha comes into play and Okami Tsubaki has to hunt her down to protect the world in place of Hakumen

If anything, that makes them consistent. Enjoy giving up on another game after a few weeks of getting bodied online, you FOTM shitter.

This nigga a retard. Look, I'm worried about the game as well, but we know almost nothing about how the game is actually gonna play out. Maybe it's just going to be Xrd-tier in terms of difficulty. Niggas need to wait instead of jumping the gun like a bitch.

never played a guilty gear game
i can play the first one right?

Is Mozzie a good backup if I like Mute?

Who wants her? She was one of the least offensive cuts made going into Xrd.

Attached: 1541298627368_0.gif (500x370, 906K)

did BBtag actually outsell xrd by any significant margin?
obviously dbfz did but that's from the license

Yeah only to drop it in the next month when other new fighting game is out with promises of appealing even more to people that hate fighting games, and you'll repeat the cycle until everything rising thunder with different skins.

Daisuke literally makes Guilty Gear because its the game he wants to make, you faggot.

>likes loli
>tranny
You're getting your insults mixed up.

I was unironically mad they cut order sol

Attached: 1561829560908.png (316x326, 113K)

So stop crying if he wants to change it then retard?

I want her.

Should I be surprised when the people screaming in joy at the possibility of Guilty Gear being simplified also be the same shitlords that will celebrate when it doesn't reel in FighterZ numbers?

GG1 is pretty kusoge

so what? low skill floor high skill ceiling is always something to strife for. there is no fighting game that fills this description yet. How many do you think play on ps4? pic related. Noone plays the game. Having more people to play is a good thing

Attached: woahsomany.png (1134x319, 193K)

How the FUCK is it a secret club? Nobody is stopping anybody from learning a hard game. Is anything that has any merit of challenge to fully learn now observed as gate keeping?

>I want to keep the depth the series is known for
Is he? Why are you retards so fucking incapable of reading?

I'm convinced simplification is just bullshit spouted by people who don't even play fighting games.
I started playing fighting games a month ago and GGXrd Rev 2 was my first fighting game experience ever. The shit is good as fuck. Then I picked up DBFZ. The shit is bad as fuck.
Casualization is garbage every time and the people who clamor for it don't even play the games for more than two weeks before dropping it or they just play casual shit

I genuinely liked her, but she was probably the only waifu with a chance left to push so everybody aped out over her.

Why would I want to play against beginners or why would beginners want to play with me? It's a one way slaughter, no fun for either person

why didn't Joey punch this little brat's lights out?

Start with Rev2 and build a foundation and general knowledge of the game. It will help when new GG arrives

ignore this the mechanics for rev2 are getting thrown out anyway and chances are any character you choose might not be in the next version

It will never reel in DBZ numbers no matter how much they simplified it because it's not DBZ.

Will we finally get a playable That Man?

>In this game, if you don’t usually play fighting games, you want to cherish the way the game plays and actually SEE what’s going on.
I think we can already see this in the new trailer where you can SEE where Ky jump cancels out of a aerial into Vapor Thrust. If their goal is making mechanics actually visible and removing invisible bullshit like character weights and jump installs then that's a good thing.

I always laugh, like genuinely, every single time somebody pulls a Steamcharts on a fighting game thinking they made some kind of point.

He's also said he wants to maintain the current fans and keep the thigns people like about Guilty Gear. All of it is vague PR talk and we still don't know how the game actually plays. It's too soon to make these sweeping statements about how the game is made for new players and new players only, and everyone acting like the game is guaranteed to be braindead is jumping to conclusions based on nothing more than mindless pessimism. I'm not saying the guy's retarded because he thinks the game will be simpler and will be made to be accessible, because we already know it will be, I'm saying he's retareded for thinking the game will only be made with the new players in mind and thinking there's no consideration for people who like the old games. That is a radical conclusion to come to based on just Daisuke saying he wants the game to be simpler in some ways, especially considering GG has been made simpler in the past while still making a clear attempt to maintain the old fans, and mostly succeeding in it too. Even with Xrd, most of what people complain about has nothing to do with how the game was made more accessible.

If you're going to decide what the game is going to play like right now based on just Daisuke's word then at least acknowledge all that he's said instead of acting like he only said the parts you don't like, and if you really don't want to be an idiot, then don't act like you know exactly how the game will play when we haven't even seen raw gameplay of it yet.

That's not nobody, you can play the GG regularly with numbers like that.

Having more people to play a shit game is not a good thing. And let's face it, depthless games don't last long, either. DBFZ had possibly the biggest drop in EVO numbers in a single year ever. I'm sure that online it also pales in comparison to its first month.

Then you look at Tekken and you see stability and even growth. They don't have this culture of shitting on anything that's hard, they embrace what makes Tekken fun, and it works.

>not playing Sol

Attached: 1541354186049.jpg (1200x538, 76K)

The problem with Rev2 isn't the difficulty of the game, its the netcode and matchmaking systems. Daisuke can try and lower the entry level as much as he wants but if people can't play with each other without resorting to discord tranny groups then the game is doomed.

The only good "simple" game was persona 4 arena.
>everybody either had fucking quarter circles or charge moves and had autocombos
>there was also so much crazy bullshit you could do if you used your brain

Attached: 1564225502575.png (624x528, 443K)

The only thing they've said about autocombos is that they don't help new players anyway, so I don't think they'll have them. It's funny that they said that while GBVS is on the way though.

it will be, you might not want to but there are those that are willing to get stomped 100 rounds in a row just to block a mix up once. everyone starts playing as a beginner at some point. might as well be guilty gear instead of street fighter.

Sol is too thick. I miss how he looked like in XX. I prefer Ky's lithe body.

It pisses me off so much. Guilty Gear deserves love and recognition. I don't know why it never took off. People fucking play Tekken and its aesthetics is so fucking out there.

Attached: 1568348912639.jpg (900x600, 56K)

XRD return
>Sol (of course)
>Ky (of course)
>May
>Sin (too related to Ky and Sol)
>Potem (need a big guy)
>Milia (need those assassins)
>Zato (same)
>Baiken (well played in Arcade, good DLC sales)
>Johnny (same)
>Chipp (ninja)
>Faust (joke)
>Raven (story relevance)
OLD GG Characters
>Anji (because Baiken)
>Testament
NEW characters
>BBC
>New boss

And that's already 16 without I-No, Axl, Slayer, Jam and Venom.
The cut will be hard.

the thing about dbfz was that it had a fucking awful tutorial, pretty much on part with sf5 when it came out

>sekrit club
Oh you just want to shitpost, got it

>might as well be the game that nobody plays with a much higher learning curve, way more obscure bullshit, way more character specific shit, way more oppressive mechanics and railroading and an upcoming version with roster cuts
?

This, the netcode is what killed online so people are resorting to discord group, no new player would go into a discord just to learn a game if they aren't already a fighting game venteran.

Attached: 1552491302739.jpg (2048x1536, 230K)

What about the winning player who doesnt have to put in any effort or thought to win vs a beginner?

theres probably a way to simplify how complex GG looks without removing its overall depth. Earlier versions of GG didnt have as many mechanics but it was still a deep game. Stuff like marvel and skullgirls are deep but its easy to understand what each character is trying to do since its mostly just trying to hit the other guy.

GG does have things like rapid cancels, or danger time, or negative penalty that from a spectators position seem to do nothing or don't have an immediately known effect unless you know the mechanics already. But there are ways to make a fighting game deep without those things.

I dont think daisuke would just casualize a series that he started with the idea that most modern fighting games were too simple. And from what that screencap says it sounds like auto combo wont be a thing.

Just because they had autocombos and easy inputs didn't make the game simple at all.
Most of the bullshit that fucks newcomers over was still present in P4A, probably even worse since it added even more bullshit with shit like status effects

my impression is that guilty gear's playerbase is less skewed towards console than other FGs
the people i've met at locals break down about 50/50 steam/ps4 with some who double dipped

This is the same developer PR talk we've heard before SFV, DBFZ, BBTAG, GBVS. If you aren't wise to this by now you are just coping.

They are going to kill my favorite fighting game and I guess i'll have to pick up some other hobby. Shit fuckin sucks.

Attached: May.png (432x375, 184K)

Raven has no reason to be in
his character arc literally ended with Rev2 after story A and he adds nothing special from a gameplay perspective
he's just another knock you down into oki shit character

>mfw imagining the new Millia vs Zato song
THEY WILL BE BACK, THE SOUNDTRACK DEMANDS IT

Attached: surprise.jpg (623x542, 72K)

SFV, DBFZ, GBVS actually lack depth though
GBVS extremely so

Daisuke likes him and he fills the Jedah function.

I'd sooner expect it going down the same path as every other game this gen so I'm not let down when it inevitably DOESN'T live up to whatever crazy hype gets cooked up in peoples' imagination based on these trailers.

Not that user but does any fighting game have a tutorial worth half a shit?

Congratulations, you've seen why people get mad when they get a fighting game with less options. Like, think about it this way, I imagine you approached GG like this:
>Picked a character
>Found out you could chain normal to normal
>Found specials you could do
>Inevitably learn what buttons come out when you push them, essentially "starting to put the glove on"
>Learned a combo, probably from the actual proper trials. Its nothing fancy, but it ends in a knockdown.
>Started to learn what to do in the air, learned about jump properties
>Inevitably get to a point where you just want to do harder and harder stuff while relying on BnBs

That is literally all fighting games. I have NEVER understood why chain fighters need auto combos when gatling or reverse beat fucking exists.

I don't think Anji and Testament will be in, I think it will be Robo-Ky or Zappa or both. I think you're about right otherwise though.

He still needs to fight Sol in the story before That Man does. Daisuke likes him anyway, and he's fairly popular, so he'll get in based on that.

My point was they are going to dumb down the shit out of guilty gear. I wasn't super clear with my original post.

Didn't see the quote marks there? Game was definitely easier to pick up and do shit with, but it quickly slapped you down like any other fighting game if you took a step beyond button mashing.

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 has a really great tutorial and learning system.
Like genuinely good.

Time to jumpship to UNI

i main rashid in SFV, which character should i pick up going into GG

>daisuke likes him
as opposed to everyone else who he hates? lmfao

arcsys games in general for the last few years have had good tutorials so it was weird to see dbfz have a real lazy one,uni has a pretty good one and DOA5/6 have a surprisingly good one too

either Sol or Chipp

Essentially its just not a safe assumption to rely on numbers for a fighting game. Communities exist, even for the most niche games, and you will always have somebody to play. It can be obviously dependent on region but there are more players than you think playing Guilty Gear, via Steam or Parsec, via console, and don't get me started on people coding netplay to play their pirated copies. Finally, nothing beats locals and Guilty Gear has a healthy community in California.

Anji's a fucking meme character nobody actually wants.

You can expect whatever expect, I'm just saying that cherrypicking the comments that lead to the outcome you like the least and acting like you know exactly how the game will play based off of it is dumb and pointlessly pessimistic.

too bad it doesn't cover shit like weight specific combos and obscure character specific situation specific oki timings

Uni is good but it isn't remotely close to guilty gear. I don't think that game would keep me engaged like guilty gear has for 1000s of hours.

Looks the same only with more camera movement.

Fuck that. Most overrated game currently being played.

It looks the same because he slowed them down at different rates
The new GG trailer looks to actually be faster than Xrd

That's. Why. The. Lab. Exists. The game should not give you everything. You should experiment and find out what you can do on your own. For fuck's sake, what kind of fighting game do people want that gives them all the answers?

This lol. Look at all these fucking faggots ITT willing to play on shitty Japanese netcode but are bitching about roster changes.

There are universal combos in the game though
You never find optimal combos in the tutorials, no fighter does this

lmao fuck why should I have to go online just to learn some bullshit that the game doesn't even bother explaining to you exists
no other game has obscure shit like this

youtube.com/watch?v=BVe78_xv1Lg

where my /assassinsguild/ at

Attached: 1567635680279.png (383x589, 252K)

I mean, blame the generally expanding and bloating gaming market for this shit. Companies don't want to take the risk of creating a game unless they can make big bucks off it. And fighting games are niche. Usually profitable, but still niche. So they get orders to make it more casual friendly or they won't get the funding to make it in the first place.

This is what I'm worried about. Same type of shit is being said we've heard a bunch of times before, but people want to act like "it will be different this time guys, daisuke's a Yea Forumsro."
End of the day, they're a company and they'll do what sells first.

Attached: 1548675332330.jpg (500x500, 72K)

You forgot That Man.

Eh wouldn't know but I'll take your word for it, after my life got absorbed by xrd for a bit I haven't bothered with tutorials in the newer GG games.

And no game has Tekken's movement in 3D fighters and Samurai Shodown does not play like Bushido Blade. Yet nobody whines. There is nothing wrong with a game differentiating itself with unique properties to stand out. It is exciting that matchups can differentiate because you have to worry about how heavy the character you have in the air is.

But hey, keep fucking whining.

>people still bitching about casualization and auto combos and shit when we don't have much info on the game
>even though the latest trailer makes the gameplay look almost the same as current Xrd
alright

Attached: 1568181260030.jpg (2468x3496, 2.72M)

It's the same talk other games get because they always want new people to play the game. They're hardly going to come out and say, "this game is made for veterans and veterans only." They're always going to say this shit about how "it's going to be like the old game and it's also going to be something entirely new", "it's going to be a perfect entry point for new players and it's also going to be ideal for hardcore fans." It's all just typical PR talk, and barely any of it gives us any idea of how the game will actually be. If you've already come to a conclusion on how the game will play based on nothing but this, you're retarded.

The top 4 of old characters is obvioulsy Anji, Testament, Zappa and Robo-Ky, so I guess that at least 2 of them will be in the base roster.
They have old characters in stock, so I doubt they will not use them to give a new identith to the game.
Also, it would be kind of strange to sell the same DLC characters two times in a row, so maybe Dizzy, Elphelt, Baiken, Johnny, Jam and Raven will be in the base roster this time (Kum is obviously cut).

I also like how literally nobody is actually reading the fucking interview in the OP because it says that autocombos aren't fucking in because arcsys knows that autocombos are fucking useless garbage.

Attached: 1475828909032.png (579x673, 534K)

there's literally 0 depth added, the only thing it adds is that you have to memorize 3 combos instead of 1 for the same situation depending on who you're playing. wow such depth
same for the oki shit, it adds nothing. knockdown should just be knockdown not "lmao they landed face up so it's totally different now"

>with a much higher learning curve, way more obscure bullshit, way more character specific shit, way more oppressive mechanics and railroading and an upcoming version with roster cuts
that's a good thing though, if you want to play day one solved sfv go ahead, i won't stop you

>dude trust me

>Also, it would be kind of strange to sell the same DLC characters two times in a row
This isn't revelator, they're under no obligation to include Xrd shit in the base roster

*puts them in gbvs*

youtube.com/watch?v=yVRFCltZ9rA
no invincible reversal for life

Reminder that there’s going to be a playable demo at ArcRevo America in November.
That’s going to be the real test.

Attached: AA736E27-4BC9-4195-AC7D-272EEA082AB5.jpg (1364x1546, 189K)

>lmao all this depth is not depth because I can't do it and wont improve at the game and that makes me mad so it's the game's fault

except it is already solved, for everyone aside from newfags which is why there's literally no point in getting into guilty gear at this point

amazing how people put priority over their favorite waifu making it in or not over good netcode, makes me sad

This should tell you everything

GBVS is actually casual garbage (people will buy it because it has easy shit even if it doesn't actually help them)

Guilty Gear is trying to pretend it's casual garbage, when it's actually isn't.

Then why don't you fucking play SF? Why are you coming over to fucking anime fighters? Why are you coming HERE when all the shit you want is in another game?

I am so fucking confused, all you're telling me is you want Street Fighter in Guilty Gear.

Daisuke didn’t make gbvs

If it was the first time, sure.
But every recent fighting game is going through the same hoops and it would be dumb to not expect GG to follow suit.

I was just calling you out for saying the xrd tutorial actually bestows any amount of relevant information for a new player

the new gg will be too hard for all those scrubs again. they just need to wait until Riot brings out their RisingLeagueVsThunderX hyperfighter where every char does the same combo and the girls tits wobble all over the screen in the newest skin

do a core fighters free version that you pay for the characters you want

I quit over the shit netcode

As a long time gg player and granblue player, I enjoy gbfv. It's like taking a breather from gg with how simple, yet fun, it is. Much slower paced and can just play while relaxing.

But it does? You can legitimately learn Rev 2 purely through the tutorial and practical knowledge.
Guilty Gear has all the info and practice tools you need right in the game itself, you clearly never fucking tried it if you think it doesn't.

>assuming they haven't dumbed down a thing when we don't know jack shit

Am I the only one who could care less about the roster? As long as the game is fun to play, I could care less about who's returning and who isn't.

Making so you'll never guess "what the hell happened just now". I also hope they'll make things much more organic to understand and feel. I really hate how you need to learn framedata for moves in modern fighting games to figure out what is safe and what's not. This shit should be obvious via moves themselves, you don't need to autistically remember shit like that.

I was thinking about the state of mind of NR with MK, for them, it was not a good idea to sell the same character two times as a DLC even for two different games. Maybe they won't care about this, but I can understand NR in a marketing stand point.

Show me where in the tutorial it tells you that knockdown isn't standardized based on both character and what fucking direction the character is facing I'll wait
literally show me anywhere in the game where you'd even know that without looking it up online

Just because you can't be fucked to try doesn't mean it can't teach dip shit

Attached: 1558923387106.png (1403x1759, 808K)

I have no idea how you think you called me out because I don't think you understand what scenarios specifically call for character specific combos. You get enough from tutorials, trials, and lessons to have a decent foundation. You have the lab afterwards to test theories.

I will say it again; the game is not responsible to tell you the answers to matchups. That is so fucking stupid. You learn the situation, you practice the matchup by learning the other character, and you use the lab.

But you learn the essentials via tutorial, trials, and lessons. You haven't called me out for shit because you think a Day 1 player should have amazing oki.

nope, right with you, I will find a char to play, I never played more than one anyway

You don't need to know that to play the game
>b-b
I literally said all you NEED, I didn't say every fucking hidden detail is in it but if you can't learn the game through the tutorial and practical knowledge then you are legitimately braindead retarded

It's not every fighting game, it's every game, and it's been going on since long before SFV. It's nothing new for developers to try to get new players in by talking around how the game actually plays and just go on about how its the perfect fit for everybody instead. None of this tells us anything. Even the games you mentioned, despite all being talked about in the very same way by their developers, do not play alike, because none of that talk has any meaning. We'll be able to tell how the game will play when we see it in motion, concluding that the series is dead based on what Daisuke and Katano have said is retarded because what he has said is largely meaningless.

If they had just said they were going to make it accessible, then sure, but they have explicitly said that they're designing the game with easier execution for pad players and removing difficult combos.

You aren't required to memorize frame data now, the information being more widespread just makes it look like this shiny new thing but you can get by on the move visually 99% of the time.

When will these jap learn that people are dropping these niche anime fighting games after a month or two is because it has shitty netcode and no crossplay?
The only exception being DBZ because it's fucking DBZ.

Attached: 1550462780686.jpg (1024x942, 147K)

>You don't need to know that to play the game
Yeah have fun playing a game with 1F throws when your oki is fraudulent

I care, but it's not like I'm not going to play the game because a certain character isn't in.

Only thing I want to know is if danger time and weight are out of the game. Those mechanics are trite and bullshit.

user, user, for fuck's sake, tell me your character in GG and I'll give you tips. I'll point you towards fuzzy jumping.

First of all
All you people crying it's casualized don't even play guilty gear in the first place
You didn't read any of the interviews
You didn't look at the gameplay properly

You just want to shitpost for the sake of shitposting.

just like, don't be in throw range? This isn't jive you fucking mongoloid retard did you ever even fucking TOUCH the game AT ALL? The throws require you to be literally touching each other AND IT FUCKING TELLS YOU THAT

Attached: 1493186334581.png (362x328, 230K)

What an exaggeration. Just because it doesn't teach you everything doesn't mean it doesn't teach you anything relevant. There are dozens and dozen of missions made for very specific situations, including dealing with MUs for every single character. You can't have a perfect tutorial teaching everything because it's impossible for the devs themselves to know everything that can be done with the game. Combo trials all have combos that work on everyone. If players come up with different stuff that is character-specific, what can they do.

I will tell you one thing, though. I think that in-game, user-generated tutorials would completely transform fighting games by widely increasing the average skill level. I've been saying this shit for years.

ASW doesn't care about you.

cope cumsocks you dont even play gg anymore

Not him actually but for tips how the fuck do you play Venom, I main Sol but I've always been interested in how Venom plays, I've been told I can't unga this bunga.

Attached: file_14.png (194x361, 97K)

>Baggy hoody+Shorts

Do people actually think this is a good design?

Attached: e8d4bdaf644d87cab01fab93c2063772.jpg (300x279, 25K)

They said you won't need difficult combos to win, which is fine. What exactly they mean by making it easier for pad players is unclear like a lot of what is said because we don't know how the control scheme will actually change based on that, we can only guess and from that we can only guess how it'll effect the rest of the game. I find that comment strange anyway because I already consider GG pretty pad-friendly, moreso than a lot of other fighting games available right now, but in any case, we don't know how it'll actually translate into the game and so we can't really conclude if the changes are good, bad or negligible, and we won't know unless they be more specific, which they won't, or unless we see the game in play, at which point it'll be a bit more reasonable to make conclusions about the game.

>I really hate how you need to learn framedata for moves in modern fighting games to figure out what is safe and what's not. This shit should be obvious via moves themselves, you don't need to autistically remember shit like that.
I hope you never get what you wish because what you want is horrible. Learn to fucking read frame data.

Anyways, the game you want is MK. What you're asking for is MK.

Attached: 1563724124632.jpg (800x1133, 175K)

Knock down into ball oki and chip them to death.

Attached: 1550032173756.jpg (200x200, 18K)

what's jive?

I don't see how you can say much about the game either way since all the trailer showed was combos

/fgg/ meme

/fgg/ speak for sfv

Are you seriously asking why people are interested in who will make the cut when a fighting game character is one of the most important point of a fighting game?
I understand if you don't care, same for me since Ky is always in, but it's a totally normal behavior for this genre. I guess that people interested in car cames will want to know the cars, same with the teams present in sport games or guns in some fps.

Street Fighter 5
It has fuck huge throw range in a game where throws can't be teched on reaction.
This means the entire games offense is just 50/50 throw mixups.

>New player in a fighting game
>Learn your combos
>learn your safe jumps
>learn your good normals
done, on to learning neutral and match-ups congrats you can play the game now

>Learning GG
>lmao have fun learning your totally character specific combos, your totally character specific okizemi that also probably becomes completely different depending on 50 situations, your normals that probably just randomly whiff on certain characters because lmao
>what you wanted to actually play the game lmao too bad better sit in the lab for 3 months learning all the character specific bullshit that all requires completely different muscle memory from what you thought was a BnB

There are some clips comparing the trailer and Rev 2. Speedwise it's pretty similar outside of the extra fucking animation for supers.
People just want to shitpost while others just want to suck dick.

I don't care if its casualized or not
I'm crying about how much they've changed it

You're ok, lil zoom.
Kys shitter. Gatekeeping is a good thing. Last thing you want is trannies on twitter whining on twitter and getting game devs to listen to them.

thing is that's why they added stylish options to these games

a latin partner dance, you don't compete in tournaments?

They should at least make one last balance patch for Rev2 and add stages from Sign to the game.

Attached: 1475503461211.jpg (1920x1080, 173K)

>i'm crying they aren't copy pasting the same game I can already play!
Just play Xrd then?

Not happening

You've actually a good foundation already with Sol and playing pokes, here's a guide drunkardshade.com/2017/05/11/guilty-bits-xrd-venom/

All you need to learn to be able to play at a basic level in GG is some of the basic universal mechanics, a simple combo for knockdown and how to apply oki with your character.

i don't
but it's in the nuances of the footage

we obviously still don't know about most of the big new mechanics and removal of existing mechanics, since the wall break thing seems to be very important and we haven't seen use of RC or YRC yet in the trailer
but all footage so far makes it seem very much like xrd so i dont get all the doomposting

>I think that in-game, user-generated tutorials would completely transform fighting games by widely increasing the average skill level.
This sounds incredible. My only issue with the combo training in most games is that when more optimal combos are discovered, you have to do it on your own without the assistance of the special combo UI. If you could generate a code that could be copy and pasted to bring up a combo then learning optimized bnbs would be so much easier. Someone hire this man.

I honestly forgot that stylish exist in Xrd

you're wrong, Tekken does the same and is flourishing, now go lab and git gud

MK has awful characters and animations.

crossplay should be a legal requirement at this point. Studios with a water and peanuts budget have crossplay, it's embarrassing. If your fighting game is multiplat, add fucking crossplay. You don't lose anything for it.

>play xrd instead
>people cry that you let the game die when it has the same player retention as every other fucking GG

People doompost over nothing all the time. They don't need a good reason for it.

user, its safe to assume people mad about throws lose their shit at tick throws. We're talking about "those" people.

Well, +R happened so there's hope. Not gonna be super relevant if 2020 is good but still would be nice to at least have all the content in one final version.

playing at a basic level is like saying I can beat my friends in a fighting game, it's so irrelevant that it's not even worth talking about

only because tekken is the only 3D fighting game that isn't a joke
>Dead or alive
fanservice dogshit
>Virtua Fighter
was never relevant
>Soul calibur
casual garbage

2D fighting games are way more competitive for space

>try to learn basic Ky oki
>can't do it
>realize its because I have the dummy set to Milia and she's at the wrong weight class for my combo

Guess why I just fucking said you don't want the game you're asking for. A game with "easy to feel if its minus or plus" is just fucking MK.

and yet Guilty Gear shills will defend this

UNIST and Xrd were about the same difficulty wise
Why is this drastic change necessary for GG2020 but not UNICLR?

Imagine unironically getting mad about a game being "different" when the only gameplay they have shown so far looks exactly the same as the previous game but faster

Attached: 1489323067528.png (630x840, 624K)

How is it possible to not have played a fighting game in your life until recently unless you are a zoomer?

I don't see how shitty animations are connected with moves having clear to understand properties.

Because nu-arcsys, they got the taste of casual money. I'm glad french bread at least stick to their gun.

fucking retards in the fgc are all like " ItS eAsY fUnDaMenTAls! " and then lingo-drop a bunch of shit that budding fans won't know.

fuck these " drop ins " " mix ups " " option selects " " knockdowns " and " oki " bullshit my fucking nigger just say it in plain fuckin english! Thats one of the reasons its so frustrating getting into fighting games, there are no " teachers " with good sense to talk to use rubes on a level we can understand. Y'all think you're " breaking it down " for us and then start using acronyms straight from the butt.

Attached: jf4BZzY.png (766x758, 566K)

simple combo*
*2HS drops on elphelt, millia, may

No character from the Assassin's guild is getting cut, forget it, they are staple characters.

100% obligatory characters are:

Sol
Ky
Chipp
Potemkin
Slayer
Zato=1
Millia
Venon
Axl Low
Faust

Those characters will always be in because the first two are their Ryu and Ken, whole the rest are the main representatives of their specific archetype.

Cheers anons, least there isn't a throw the set button like with Sol.

Attached: bcw17ry1okjz.jpg (564x854, 280K)

Slayer doesn't represent anything lmao you fucking retard he's not even a unique play style

You can just do 2D>236H to apply oki with Ky and it won't be affected by character weight because it's a grounded combo. You can do grounded combos that will let you put up a grinder for your 236H too, but 2D>236H is very easy, works against anyone and should be no trouble even for a beginner.

You could beat people online playing at a basic level. There are plenty of light and dark blues online.

>daisuke: btw the game will still be just as deep as the previous games
>Yea Forums: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY ARE YOU CASUALIZING THE GAME I NEVER EVEN PLAYED

>Guilty Gear thread on Yea Forums
>everyone in the room is a EVO champ
It's always funny to read you.
Acting like you are some sort of japanese god at GG and that you are concerned by the casualization of the series when you just a scrub or even better, you probably don't even play the game.

Is this a good entry point into GG?

beating up on people that shitty at the game doesn't even teach you anything or feel good, what's the point

>You can just do 2D>236H to apply oki with Ky and it won't be affected by character weight because it's a grounded combo. You can do grounded combos that will let you put up a grinder for your 236H too, but 2D>236H is very easy, works against anyone and should be no trouble even for a beginner.
The problem is that I was practicing different corner combos and basic vapor thrust loops and they weren't working because Milia was a different weight class than 80% of the cast and there was no way for me to intuitively know that without looking it up. The character specific combos are there and they do matter and are a barrier to entry for new players.

desu don't really care what someone who just bought a game thinks, you're not at the level where you need to inspect each of the soon 10+ dlc characters

obviously it's better for the companies involved that people can't just trade in their old copies and developers don't have to spend as much publishing for digital store fronts as they do printing and shipping discs

On an unrelated note, if GG's way of simplifying the game means making everyone into Ky or Chipp where you either go for a short string into 2D->oki, or a bigger combo that ends on an air tech, then I'm okay with that. It's always been one part of GG design I've particularly enjoyed, but not every character follows that dynamic.

>discuss guilty gear
>the game nobody plays according to people that don't play fighting games
There are no guilty gear fans on Yea Forums, anybody worth a shit jumped ship ages ago.

Attached: 1542959414507.png (500x373, 165K)

>Why is this drastic change necessary for GG
BECAUSE NOBODY PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME.
People go online and get stomped by Elphelt's shotgun or by 20 seconds Ram's combos or by 50% damage Sin's combos or by retarded Johnny's pressure or input eating YRC bullshit. It's literally too much for regular player. You need to understand all of those universal mechanics and learn so much stuff it's overwhelming.
Badly thought-out online system where amazing world lobbies are unused doesn't help at all. In the end you have same 100 autists all over the world keep playing but all the other potential players missing the fun. If they can cut some fat but keep the game deep enough it'll help immensely.

I should not be surprised this stupid fuck is a Tekken player.

Again, the people don't play the game because matchmaking is bad and netcode is shit. These are the #1 reasons people don't play online.

>Buy rev2
>Decide to play I-No because she looks fun
>BnB is 2K > 6P > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > FFVCL > j.S > j.H > HCL ~ D
>Can execute this after a bit of practice
>Doesn't work on Sol for some reason
>Ask someone why this doesn't seem to be working
>Find out that her BnB requires like 5 fucking variations depending on the character she's fighting against
literally dropped the game that day

if it's the scrubs and people who don't play whining about casualization, then who is the casualization meant to appeal too?

I might be a weirdo, but I actually like picking random and playing whoever i get in most fighting games. I'll learn like one bnb for each character and pick up more through just playing in general. I know it keeps me from "getting good", but I generally only play against my friends, so optimizing my play isn't too important for me.

Then fucking kill yourself so we don't have to hear you cry

>I'm glad french bread at least stick to their gun.
You know that Unib was released in 2012, right?

>make xrd because +r was getting too bloated
>make 2020 because xrd was getting too bloated
Hope nobody gets too attached to this series because in about 5 years it'll be scrapped too.

Attached: 1545187094595.png (276x284, 29K)

Even if you could find a match the issues that the user is describing would still exist
Guilty Gear has so much screen AIDs and frenetic shit going on that someone who's new to the game, let alone new to fucking fighting games using GG as their entry point is going to have no idea what 99% of the fucking shit happening on the screen is

i just really hope ram, elphelt, and dizzy return and i want them to have a new design

If oki confuses you, though you can just ask and look it up and you won't be confused anymore, just think of it as what you do when the opponent is knocked down. So in Ky's case you would do 236H, or his Charged Stun Edge if that isn't clear enough for you, which puts out a big projectile that the opponent will have to block while they're getting up, so you can keep going at them while they're getting up, because they'll have to be on the defense the moment they wake up. A knockdown is self explanatory, it's when you knock the opponent down, every character can get a knockdown with 2D, or down and the Dust button, but some characters have other ways to knock down characters as well.

If you're having issue with playing on a basic level then you are one of the people who are that shitty at the game, they'd probably beat you as often as you beat them. And if that's not the case, then you can fight someone a bit better, there are plenty of perfectly mediocre dark greens online in GG too.

I-no was always known to be one of the most difficulty characters lmao

none of those are getting in

>pick one of the more difficult characters
>WTF WHY ISN'T SHE EASY

The difference is that Xrd was still using +R as a base. They took mechanics from that game and adjusted them

With the new game they want to do the same that Xrd did, but completely from the ground up instead.

Yes and? 8 years is pretty long. Yes I know it's not decade worth like goober but it's still commendable.

xrd dialed it back to fucking reload then did their own shit

>judging something on not just the surface level, but on a preview of a surface level

you're the person they're making fun of in Lily

I would say Vapor Thrust loops aren't that basic. I'm not defending the character specific stuff, I don't particularly care for it myself, but you do not need to know how to do a VT loop to play Ky at a basic level. If you're trying to learn that right out the gate rather than just going online with some much more basic knowledge then you're getting ahead of yourself. I'm not saying VT loops are the most difficult thing in the world or anything, but they're not something a beginner needs to worry about.

People would be playing even if they were getting destroyed. The only reason that such a skill gap exists online is because the only people who play the game are veterans and the only way you can play with them is by joining their discord tranny groups. If the game had good match making then that wouldn't be a problem because new players would be playing with other new players.

>don't play a character you want lmao you gotta work your way up with some boring shit like ky

Having to learn 5 different combos for the same situation isn't difficulty, it's tedium
With enough practice I'm sure I could learn all the variations but why bother when now I'd have to remember all of the different fucking combo variations just because now I'm fighting Potemkin instead of Sol or some shit, it's a waste of time to invest in that level of obscure shit

In any other fighting game when people say a character is difficult they mean actual execution not
>lmao you were supposed to be doing BnB ver.C not BnB ver.G on that character didn't you look up the weights online?

yeah let's have a look at that competitive space shall we?
>sfv
total trash, someone complained that sf4 was too complex and the capcom fanboys got presented with this entry. hope they get their shit together with sf6. so far there is no sf like game on the market. gbfv will come out but it is unlikely that it is competing for the same spot.
>dbfz
superdash the game, everyone that has no antiair the size of the screen is fucked, every combo is the absolutely fucking same it's a total snoozefest to play and its dying already. competitors? mvci L O L. that one had a good run. Future competitor most probably is riot games or another game that gets made by arcsys for bamco. Probably Naruto or One Piece.
>BBTAG
party masher noone takes serious
>UNIST
don't know shit about it. but people take a liking to it, still niche since it's an anime game
>MK
BOOM the top selling game of 2019. You thought there is fierce competition in the 2D fighting game market? Think again there is not. There is MK and then there is everyone else.
>But muh NRS cycle
NRS doesn't give a shit. They print money and the people love it. Know what else NRS has? GOOD FUCKING NETCODE. Something none of the entries mentioned even considered. Oh what was that SFV and mvci tried different netcode? Well sucks to be them something clearly went wrong
>Killer instinct
dead, doesn't win this time

more
play I-No but dont bitch about her being hard because you chose this yourself

>granblue
>casuals
can't wait to see how that pans out for you my man

you forgot
>Rev2
Dead as fuck game that nobody plays because it's too hard for most people so they don't even try it. Meanwhile GG fans cry about their series being dead
>UNIST
Killing GG because it's a game that isn't frenetic paced shitfest

VT loops are so basic and simple that they are beginner combos for Ky. Sure you can just do 2D>236D>236HS over and over again but that's 1 hour shit, not even day 1.

I bet you bought UNIST cause of Yuzuriha

If you want to play a hard character then don't fucking bitch about her being hard.

Attached: fc5212c1e7f12210b45c766a908b3b6d.png (614x56, 3K)

she require advanced combos just to executre her basic gameplan of corner mixups

>Oh what was that SFV and mvci tried different netcode? Well sucks to be them something clearly went wrong
MVCI netcode was actually really good,
it's everything except that and gameplay that just dropped the ball so fucking hard so I'm looking forward to the next capcom fighting game.

Shit neutral
shit defense
shit normals
the only thing she can do is kill you if she touches you in the corner but lmao she has nothing outside of that

I love how you forget may who just got announced and is pretty much the third mainstay as the basic charger

Not everybody falls for your meme game

>Dead as fuck game that nobody plays because it's too hard for most people so they don't even try it. Meanwhile GG fans cry about their series being dead
Wrong. You keep saying this but the game keeps selling during Evo and the same complaints happen year after year. People aren't complaining about being blown up online, people are complaining that they can't find matches. Lobbies are dead and matchmaking is a joke so people don't play it. They don't even know what its like to get styled on by Chip because new players have never even seen a Chip online.

Arcsys' fault for making every female character in GG way harder to use than the dudes
no wonder the game is dead

JohnX is notorious for his hot takes and fanning the fires of Twitter outrage
He's been saying this exact shit for years now

>You keep saying this but the game keeps selling during Evo
It wasn't even a main EVO game this year lmao what are you smoking

Anata wa watashi no seikō ni tsuite nani o itta nodesu ka, anata wa chīsana meinudesu ka? Watashi wa kaigun shīru no kurasu no toppu o sotsugyō shi, Aru kaīda de no kazuōku no himitsu no shūgeki ni kan'yo shite ori, 300-ri ijō no satsujin ga kakunin sa rete iru koto o shitte imasu. Watashi wa gorira-sen no kunren o ukete ori, zen beigun no saikō no sogeki-heidesu. Anata wa watashi ni totte nani mo, tada betsu no tāgettodesu. Kono chikyū-jō de kore made ni mita koto no nai yōna rui no seimitsuna seikō o issō shimasu. Watashi no kotoba o māku shite kudasai. Anata wa, intānetto-jō de watashi ni sono tawagoto o iu koto de nigeru koto ga dekiru to omoimasu ka? Mōichido kangaete kudasai. Watashitachi ga hanasu yō ni, watashi wa Amerika zendo no supai no himitsu no nettowāku ni renraku shite ori, anata no IP wa ima tsuiseki sa rete imasu. Anata ga anata no jinsei to yobu awarena sasaina koto o issō suru arashi. Shin deru yo watashi wa itsu demo dokoni ite mo, 700 wokoeru hōhō de anata o korosu koto ga dekimasu. Watashi wa hi busō sentō de kōhan'i ni kunren sa rete iru dakedenaku, Beikoku kaihei-tai no buki-ko zentai ni akusesu deki, sore o saidaigen ni tsukatte, anata no hisan'na shiri o tairiku no hyōmen kara fukitorimasu, anata wa sukoshi tawagotodesu. Anata no chīsana `kashikoi' komento ga anata ni motarasu koto ni naru fujōna hōfuku ga nanika o shiru koto ga dekitanara, tabun anata wa kuso shita o daite itadeshou. Shikashi, anata wa dekinakatta,-sō shinakatta, soshite ima, anata wa daika o haratte iru, anata wa hidoku bakada. Watashi wa anata o ikarikuruwa se, anata wa sore ni dr remasu.-Kun wa shin deru yo

>pull out the excuse that GG is Daisuke's baby
>then you think he's caterwauling to the casual audience instead of just making a GG people will enjoy

I hate this board and I hate you people

stop fucking speculating about literally ZERO info

Not to mention you'd be getting fuckall for damage without them most of the time at starting level.

>GOOD FUCKING NETCODE
Isn't there like massive innate input delay in MK to compensate for online lag? You wouldn't want something like that in proper fighting games.

you can absolutely find people to play against, at least in north america
I don't think I've ever wanted to play rev 2 and not been able to find a room
you just can't play ranked, which some people want

I think you're overestimating beginner's. I would recommend just learning how to follow up f.S, 5K, Greed Sever, Stun Dipper RRC and Stun Edge YRC to a new player. VT loops are something you can start learning once you can utilize at least that much in a real match. A beginner to fighting games isn't even going to ever have the chance to do a VT loop if they even manage it in training mode, and I imagine they would have difficulty even getting to that stage. It's just not something a beginner-level Ky needs to know to get by, I would consider it more of something an intermediate Ky would start learning once they've gotten the very basics down and are making use of them in actual matches.

But what else are these retards supposed to do beside shitpost about speculation?
Actually play video games?

I don't think you should start with "basic" characters like Shotos or Ky so you can learn fundamentals or other bullshit. But you also can't expect every character to be easy to pick up. You can learn fundamentals on other characters and its probably a better time investment to just play the character you want instead of being memed into pouring hours into someone you don't like then wasting time transferring that to someone else.

That said, these two faggots are wrong for trying to pretend that character specific combos aren't a thing with every character. Even Ky can't do his most basic follow up to Greed Sever on every member of the cast.

Imagine, for a second, thinking SoulCalibur is casual compared to fucking Tekken, when I know this guy can't beat a fucking Nightmare setplayer.

Why have gg threads about this fucking game when we have NOTHING to go on but fucking hearsay? Nobody's making any fucking rooms to play Rev 2, we're all just fucking shouting about bullshit.

I dare you to tell me what Ky oki you are doing that isn't working universally. I fucking dare you.

I mean, having two different knockdown states isn't exactly "deep" gameplay

>But you also can't expect every character to be easy to pick up.
I expect to be able to learn combos and play the game, not learn a different combo for every fucking character before I can play the game
And that's just one fucking BnB combo I can't imagine how fucking ridiculously shit it becomes once you have to start learning other shit

It was on sale on Steam this year. About a thousand people bought the game on sale and all the complaints on the forums are about the online being dead.

Because people would rather scream at each other than actually play video games

Have sex

>dumbed down gameplay
>DUDE WHO CARES THE GRAPHICS LOOK AN ANIME
Is this peak style over substance?

one would fucking hope

based on the unique ips in here it'd be nice since it'd boost the numbers of the game a bit, fucking morons

Fuck, even the people rushing to defend this won't even make rooms and would rather shout people down than play.

>daisuke literally saying it's not dumbed down and the same amount of depth as the previous game
mm?

I heard Jam's new voice actress retired.

Attached: 1474087319038.jpg (400x415, 35K)

>18-20 .
Retard

Hi, I'm an I-no player. You're full of shit, that combo works on Sol.

>two different knockdown states
Yeah good thing it's 2 x # of people in the cast

>same amount of depth

What is autocombo and how is it different from simple mode in gg?

Now you're getting it!

it's whatever character where she has to do j.P into shit instead of j.K

was just raging around. i heard it was good and I really hope that sf6 will be a great game. The series does not deserve this hate. It's just a low point and I do believe there will be a new entry next gen.
>Dead as fuck game that nobody plays because it's too hard for most people so they don't even try it. Meanwhile GG fans cry about their series being dead
which fans cry about the series being dead? you might want to know that we're awaiting a new game next year. And Sol, Ky and May are already announced and so far the graphics look better than ever. Can't really say anything about the gameplay but I am very hopeful.
>UNIST
it's filling the void rev2 left. which was dead last year already in my opinion. evo was fucking boring. omnito stomped everyone and that was it. No t0m0 to make it hype.
Also I want my frenetic paced shitfest thank you very much. If I wanted to play something slower I would not play guilty gear.
But I do hope that UNIST sustains its popularity because not everyone can be a negative fuck like you are

You know what? Fuck you, let's actually go into the real meat of why you're full of shit. I know EXACTLY why you're full of shit, you can't actually do her IAD j.K because you're doing it too early or too late, or you're lying and you made it easier with IAD j.P (which turns the 1-frame link into a 2-frame link) but its not universal. If you had actually said this, I would have believed you.

This combo works mid screen and corner screen. It does not apply to weight. It can be done to Sol. It can be done to Potemkin. It is a universal combo. HENCE its a BnB.

Jesus Christ, you think you can just get in here and pull this shit? Fucking faggot.

I'm sorry user it was not you I meant to belittle and insult, have a great evening

based

Nobody on Yea Forums actually plays games. If they did, there would be no posts on this whole board.

But can it be done to May? Most of my combos drop on shitty light weights.

>doing mid-screen combos in the corner
lmao nice damage optimization retard

there used to GG threads with lobbies on Yea Forums
then they got kicked to /vg/

gg's stylish mode is the precursor of autocombos. the difference to other games like let's say dbfz is that you either activate autocombo mode or you don't. In dbfz there is no deactivating. It is always on and it is a necessary part of the game because certain moves are only able to be execute through the autocombo.

The only reason to do IAD j.P is because of easier confirmation because j.P makes it 2-frame and j.K is 1-frame.

It is not a variation. It is literally an execution route to make the IAD timing off 5H easier. You are SUPPOSE to use IAD j.K but Xrd gives you an alternate easier route till you have it down.

Not to mention, you don't have to do her IAD combos just yet. You won't be getting off damage but you should be focusing on learning how to move with I-no on day 1. You should be focusing on knockdown and getting a feel for her notes so you can TK it.

Jesus Christ, I'm actually super angry this fuck tried to pull a fast one. Fucking Christ. I bet this faggot wasn't even learning HCL YRC. He just assumed he could do I-no's harder stuff from the get go and then blames the game.

GG2 was fucking kino
youtube.com/watch?v=dl_fyTTFriY

I actually won one tournament in Russia.

Just keep playing Xrd with same 10 people then? I don't really understand, Xrd clearly didn't sell and online is clearly small. It's either
>ASW stops making Guilty Gear and focus on guaranteed money like Dragon Ball or Gran Blue
or
>ASW tries new things to make Guilty Gear more popular and revitalize the player base
What's here is so difficult to understand? Nobody gonna steal #Reload, AC+R or Xrd from you. You still can play all those games just fine. Actually, I'm pretty sure both Xrd and 2020 will continue to exist along each other unless 2020 is a huge hit or a massive fail.

>wasting your time on easy shit
lmao why bother it's just going to take extra muscle memory to forget it later

I'm making a point that this combo CANNOT be dropped. You shouldn't be doing it in the corner, but its her BnB for a reason. It literally can be done. It is absolutely vital to I-no that 6P > 5H > IAD j.K work on all characters. IT IS CENTRAL TO THE FOUNDATION OF HER CHARACTER.

Yes, I just did it. Same timing as Sol. Always assume you're doing it too late if you can get the IAD out and whiff on the j.K.

Fucking everything can be done to potemkin though

oh yeah "play guilty gear" That's not an invite to shitposting at all. Hope people don't sperg out like that again when the new game comes out and this bullshit is out of everyone's systems but I doubt it.

No Smugilostro
No Vira?
Come on man.

The original Jam vocie is 60 yaers old.
Also the main cast are vocied by veterans (Slayers is the oldest and wakamoto)
Also Why changed Chipp VA ?

OH PLEASE DON'T WAIT FOR ME DARLING
STAY OUT OF THE COLD RAIN

Attached: 1530203494762.png (640x480, 94K)

What IS character specific with I-No then? Corner stuff?

Attached: 1551224127403.png (544x465, 154K)

this
>wasting time with some gay pks chain that does no fucking damage

a lot of new players seem to want to learn hard stuff instead of basics when they start
my friend was picking up pot and spent lots of time trying to learn his 5d6 stun combo right up front

Why is he so beautiful?

Attached: EBReG7-UEAUUjWE-orig.jpg (820x410, 105K)

>Play a character that can just dash forward and make you guess 50/50
>Whose damage off a knockdown can literally end a round
>Who has so many ways of mixing you up that depending on where you are, she can attack you four ways
>Fucking VCL YRC is anti-reversal setup
>Fucking HCL YRC defies neutral and lets you dash forward for ambigious mixup
>FDC into air super for literally a frame 0 "unblockable" on knockdown
>Bro why is not as easy as Ky

>Not everyone from Rev2 will return
Thank God, Xrd was filled with garbage newcomers.

Didn't Slayer die?

There's no reason not to learn the hard shit right away
If basic combos were good people would use them - they don't. If you waste your time with some gimp ass shit that does no damage or leads to less corner carry/shittier oki you're just gimping yourself and forming bad habits that you'll have to try even harder to break later

Looking forward to what other new designs they have in store.

Attached: 4453435453435.jpg (4884x3168, 2.12M)

>the story

Attached: you don't say.jpg (548x535, 55K)

Her game plan is hard but I was talking in regards of execution. Sorry if I suggested otherwise. I tend to think of the hardest characters in the game being Johnny, Zato, and I-no in terms of execution (specifically in the air with I-no)

No amount of tweaking with the gameplay is going to make guilty gear keep players. It's a game people love to pretend to play.

it's not that massive, and it is only there to make the connection playable for something like 90% of the connections. You could not put that delay in and it would still be the best netcode there is for a fighting game right now. Fun thing is it would be easier to implement rollback for GG since it does not rely on particle effects like MK does.

Attached: consume.jpg (1024x504, 94K)

The fuck is the point of learning shit you're going to have to drop anyways?

It will be dead as fast as usual without better netcode or crossplay.

If you drop the game because you tried to jump in the deep end instead of using combos appropriate to your skill levle then you'll never be breaking any habits because you'll drop the game long before you can get to the point where you need to break bad habits and then act like you "had to" learn the most optimal combos in the game for every single character.

>transitioned in rev just to transition back and be an even prettier boy

>tfw May wears the baggy clothes to hide her womanly growth spurt

Attached: 1568345170717.jpg (1000x1000, 185K)

so it is good that they keep releasing new entries and not just dropping the series for NarutoNinjaZ

OR YOU URRR HEART
MAY BE
COME A RUSTY

She has a corner loop with her 6H into her command grab that is character specific due to how fast characters fall. She can do it three times to light characters. I-no surprisingly does not have to worry too much about weight due to the power of FFVCL.

>implying they won't do both
Also people will get tired eventually.

Dizzy is one of the most beloved and important characters for the series. At worst she won't appear in the core roster and would be dlc.

It's a climb you're going to "have to " take anyways so why waste the extra steps and lose because you're just gimping your own damage?

Learning basic shit is just setting yourself up to fail especially if you're playing as characters like Ramlethal or I-No where their basic shit doesn't even resemble the stuff you need to do for their 'real' combos

I just noticed the shocking lack of text on May's clothes. Is Daisuke finally done with that retarded shit?

What they mean is that the game will have more visual feedback so that you can always understand what is happening. For example if someone does an air version of an attack by tiger kneeing it, the character will have a magical circle below them as seen in the trailer with Ky's dp.

On her backpack maybe.

New May looks fucking terrible. She is fat as fuck and her face looks retarded.

I'm not debating if it's good or not, I'm just saying trying to make the game easier for wider appeal is pointless because guilty gear will always be niche.

virtua fighter 4

its tattooed on her leg now
tramp stamp may

>Xrd is 6 years old

Attached: 1555892398286.png (600x800, 595K)

If you are playing any game for the first time, trying to learn all the hard stuff is literally meaningless, because you lack the basic knowledge of how to apply any of it. The purpose of basic combos is they can generally be preformed off most hits, and have a low execution barrier for newer players. There is no point in learning advanced oki when you cant knock your opponent down. There is no point in learning corner bnbs if you can't get your opponent to the corner. There is no point in learning the most optimized combo for your character if you cant block anything, and you're constantly whiffing and unable to start it, because your opponent pressures you too hard. I agree it might make your damage less optimal and you might not preform as well in high levels, but there is so much more to learn than random tech and character weights in order to be a high level player.

>all the characters I want to play are too hard for me
what do

Gg related question here. Can you use tk iad move out of normal that allows iad jump cancel?

just play ky and deal with it

play slayer

Her easy stuff comes into play later into her kit, you moron. You should be able to use hit confirm off HCL YRC to carry to the corner and open up some routes. Not to mention, and this is very important since you somehow seem to forget, I-no's movement is a Morrigan dash, which means you need to actually come to grip with handling her because 66366 gives you an easy way to cross an opponent up, and 66956 gives you an instant air dash that is vital to crossing a zone at shoulder level. Most I-no's need to get a feel for movement because she needs to be able to build meter by moving forward. You can even win round openers because of how strong her forward dash is.

Easy stuff is incorporated into her hard stuff. It makes no sense to just jump up to advanced when you can't do jack shit with her in the neutral. You're trying to turn a dynamic character into setplay. I-no is not this. She's organic in playstyle.

you don't necessarily have to drop it
look at a player like azesuke, he doesn't go for super optimal combos like kedako, but he's still one of the best mays in japan and made top 8 at arcrevo

Dualshock 4 Dpads can't handle my May charging. I broke 2 of them already.

Do what I did and just pretend Ky is a sexy woman.

None of the knowledge you learn is going to be applicable anyway because of the way knockdown timings work in this game
The oki shit you learn off your gimp bnb might not even be relevant off of the real combo

Why do you think people don't use basic combos? What kind of shit thinking is this? Sometimes you can win a game just by doing 5P > 2K > 2D. That's all it takes sometimes.

My hands can't handle ds4's.

That fucking face

>They're gonna casualize it
Stop. Do you really think Daisuke decides that after 20 years Guilty Gear should be easy as fuck?
He knows the core of his baby better than any of us. The game will still be hard and provide enough depth for anyone who actually plays fighting games to explore it.
I'm confident that 2/3rds of the people yelling "casualized" also think that DBFZ is easy when it really isn't

If you're not playing for the high level shit then why play

>playing dudes
pass

Learn them, you stupid bitch. I believe in you.

Because if you don't you end up like this Advanced combos aren't easy or necessary for a beginner, learning basic stuff when you're playing at a basic level will make for a much easier and more enjoyable time getting into the game then assuming that you can just play at an optimal level despite having no prior experience with the game. You learn the basic stuff that will let you play at a basic level which will help you get a grip of the basic mechanics and how to actually implement it all in a real match, you're not going to ever have this experience of having to unlearn all those basic combos if you jump in the deep end because you're going to drop the game before then. Even if you actually learn the combos you're still going to get your ass beat the moment you go online because you thought it was more important to learn the combo that would do an extra 5 damage on Bedman instead of just playing the game and learning how to do everything aside from doing combos.

DON'T LOOK AT IT
Focus on what's important.

Attached: 453354354345354435.jpg (1186x364, 54K)

>not playing Ky
I know little about Guilty Gear compared to everyone itt (well, probably), but why would you play anyone else when him and his cool theme song is in the game
besides Slayer

Under Night is great, easily my favorite on the market right now but it's very different compared to GG, they emphasize very very different things.

show me all the JP matches where the top players use basic as fuck suboptimal shit i'll wait

>I know little about Guilty Gear compared to everyone itt
You probably know a decent bit comparatively, considering barely anybody in this thread has a clue about what they're talking about.

She's kinda popular among waifufags and had some plot relevance so her chances aren't rock bottom

Xrd is already easy as fuck compared to AC+. I'll never forgive the faggot for removing FRC.

I fucking hate ky and sol because they're all I can fucking play and they bore the shit out of me. I've tried everybody else accross multiple different GGs and they all feel too fucking wonky and worse yet if I play the new game and someone cooler sticks to me, I'll always just feel like I had to have my fucking hand held. Call it insecurity or whatever the fuck you want but it still pisses me the fuck off.

Attached: 1555620178385.gif (400x286, 1.55M)

I KNOW WHO I AM

Attached: Sol Edgeguy.jpg (927x396, 81K)

>Could've just added shit to Rev2
No thanks. Xrd was a failure and the last update patches were retarded. I'd rather have a new gg series than continuing with that abortion

First off, you're aiming too high with your aspiration. And two, look at any Ky player. Ky at point blank relies on his BnB of Starter > 5k > 2S > 2D. Literally all Ky's have to learn this very easy combo because it ends in a KD. Depending on where you are on the screen, it gives you an opportunity to set up sigil for oki. You can use sigil to stop them from jumping, too, and then try to open them up.

I'm not going to go through a ton of matches just to come back and prove a point. You need to understand something, the "basic shit" you're learning about makes up the harder combos. They're the middle portion of the combos. The starter portions of the combos. For some reason you want to assume a Day 1 player should be able to snatch 50% off one hit confirm and not all characters get to have that. Leo can do that but he needs to be able to RCC and opponents should be forcing meter usage out of their opponent.

Like, user, its not my fault you think fighting games are about combos.

Attached: 1561819609939.webm (570x960, 430K)

I'm not playing basic bitch characters like Ky though
if I was I could understand your point

I'm down for making it simpler like normalized wake up timings/ only three weight classes. Fuck anything else.

Ram is notorious for being only liked by waifuniggers and not even touched her once in the game. At least elphelt waifulovers at least play her to learn

if they remove the slowdown on yrc it's basically a better frc anyways

Attached: shocking.jpg (1038x465, 154K)

the difference is that elphelt is actually good while ramlethal has sucked ass since Sign and has a horrible unintuitive playstyle where you play keepaway with shitty swords that can get punched down

Yeah that's literally what he said in the OP interview

>makes some shit up about Ino's BnB not working
>gets exposed hard
>successfully shifts the goal posts to be about using complicated combos instead
Bro, you got baited.

Attached: gif.gif (331x197, 1.71M)

Man people really like her new look

I'm not talking about learning how to optimize your own gameplay. Im talking about learning how other people play. No amount of labbing will ever let you beat a top player if you don't even know what mixups their character has. There is no reason to spend an extensive amount of time labbing combos if you have no practical experience of what to do when things dont go your way. Getting 1000 more damage off a combos means nothing if you cant start it.

Okay, I'm an I-no main. I've been bitching up a storm up in this thread anyways. A combo I rely on when I can't get on the ground is 5K > 2S > HCL YRC and 5K > 2S > 2D. Very easy shit compared to her usual routes. Now I can't pretend I'm MarlinPie but I've seen him do it, too, when people get up in his face about it. I-no can't challenge people as easily despite how good her 5P is, which means I need to wait to get a knockdown to either set up a note or escape the corner. Very easy combo. Absolutely vital I recognize the scenario I'm in to use it.

On top of that, the only important part of the button in that combo is the 2D because of the KD. The 2K serves as means of me setting it up and the 2S allows me to connect it. What's important in this combo is the knockdown, not the damage. That's the entire purpose. Do you understand that?

Attached: 1460499005761.jpg (823x1200, 305K)

Style is substance.

>For some reason you want to assume a Day 1 player should be able to snatch 50% off one hit confirm
They should or they're just shit.

>tfw I started just like that and only went for c.S starter for maximum dmg combo.
Couldn’t even land single combo becuz I’m getting rush downed just as I thought I was at advantage.

It would be based if it weren't about I-No, all I-No players are bitches by default.

>Learn your combos and safe jumps before actual neutral
That shit doesn't work that way, timing for safe jumps is super specific for a new player in most fighters.

Every female dog has it's day.

>muh nootral
Then the new player gets BTFO because he can only respond to any hit with fucking 20 damage.

You've successfully allowed him to bury his shame about lying about Ino's combos and are now getting trolled by him trying to cover himself. I take back that based, you are a brainlet.

The new player is getting BTFO no matter what if he isn't playing against someone his skill level.

Frcs were garbage.

but how are you YRCing mid combo

Anyone like the new bandit revolver gamma

Attached: banditrevolver.jpg (592x466, 90K)

And that isn't happening because this game is bleeding players.