Unpopular opinion thread

I like silent protagonists

Attached: Claude_from_Grand_Theft_Auto_III.png (218x454, 100K)

RE6 is better than RE7.

Including the plot.

Whoa.....

>Agreed

Mortal Kombat 9 is the best in the series

Let's assume this isn't some bullshit. Why do you think these things?

Its great that you play as ben affleck in gta3

KOTOR 1 is better than 2.
If not for Bethesda Fallout series would still be dead or a F2P phone game.

That's not that unpopular. Fallout 4 for instance- everyone I talked to before release was sold on the idea of a voiced protag, and when they actually played it they realized oh wait, there's a truckload of reasons why it's a bad idea for this kind of game. People are realizing the value of them now that they're a little less common.

I think they're actually going to become more prevalent again once VR really takes off and starts nabbing some killer apps. Silent protags are good for immersion, and VR is sold on immersion.

Agreed
>for both

it's ok to look up guides when you're struggling playing a game.

Depends on the game
>and your age

You're not wrong about Bethesda but, don't you think saving something just to kind of run it into the dirt is a bit retarded? Especially something that has grown a fan-base this large to the point that it basically prints money? Honestly, I can't tell whether Bethesda is doing it on purpose or not.

Cloud shouldn't have slept with Tifa if his heart was truly with Aeris

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

I liked Roach in MW2

76 bombed but that's about it. You got New Vegas out of the whole thing so be happy. 3 and 4 are not bad games, and they've made Fallout way more popular than it ever was.

6 is a great TPS and 7 is a shallow and wonky FPS.

Dead Rising became popular because it was the only exclusive on X360 from Capcom and was marketed the most. Also half of the cast are just models from Resident Evil 4 tweaked a little bit.

>Also half of the cast are just models from Resident Evil 4 tweaked a little bit.
Is this true, are you making guesses?

i know what you mean and I agree.

I've never cared for the role playing aspect of the games so just exploring and/or combat and interactions was what I enjoyed. Fallout 4 has good enough mechanics and a decent landscape to keep me going. And the perk system was fine in my opinion. They kept most of the good stuff and made it a bit more streamlined. I still think all Bethesda games have a huge flaw in a no perk reset. I only play like 100-150 hours of the vanilla game because I have no interest in modding.

I am playing vanilla FO4 right now. The voiced protag doesn't bother me, however the (excessive) brevity of the dialogue options aggravates me quite a bit.

The only reason I haven't played an Elder Scrolls game for more than five years but I continue to play Fallout 4 regurlarly is because I fucking hate silent protagonists

Why?

>immersion
What actually is "immersion"?

Half life 2 deathwmatch is superior to half life 2

Attached: dm_runoff.jpg (800x600, 107K)

Sometimes hate doesn't need a reason

Assault rifles are the cancer ruining FPS games.
No shit they're all going to feel the same when they're all designed around a gun that does everything well.

personally, it feels like something that belongs in MMOs from the early 2000s. Maybe it doesn't bother most people who play rpgs but for me it kills the immersion.
to be fair, I didn't care back when Oblivion, Fallout 3, new vegas and Skyrim were new but after Fallout 4 I just can't go back to silent protagonists

HL2DM is the only one that actually takes advantage of its own mechanics. Things that are just gimmicks in HL2, like the gravity gun, are actually useful and fun in HL2DM.

just got to Covenant. I liked how the SAFE test was made up of just GOAT questions :))
and the settlement itself looks interesting.

that text box coloring is fucking retarded.
what the fuck is wrong with you?

Haha based

wow what an awful, awful opinion

I think every Rockstar game is garbage and don't understand the appeal of them

yeah I'm sure he chose to color the text boxes like this on this picture from a 360p youtube video that looks like it came straight from 2007