Are we getting in Heavy bros? I hope we do

Are we getting in Heavy bros? I hope we do.

Attached: 20190913_134546.jpg (1080x715, 456K)

Yes, just no more smash threads

Attached: download (1).jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Attached: never ever.png (2556x1440, 3.44M)

I have no idea how to make the minigun work fairly in Smash Brothers. Any ideas for that?
Otherwise it might be easier to use Scout or Demoman or something.

minigun being ultimate exclusive is the only way I can see it working. Unless you make it heavy's recovery by firing downwards but that's just dumb

I really like the ideas presented, especially his route. Too bad he won't get in

i could only imagine it working like the splatling in splatoon, hold down b to charge it and it fires for as long as you charged it for with a upper limit, add a bit of a knockback effect and it could be a really situational attack

heavy is one of the most one-dimensional characters in the game though. he doens't even have enough interesting moves or weapons for a full smash moveset

He's still the face of the game and has plenty of potential to be an interesting character

this is ultra based but impossible, japs would prefer saber or any other waifushit "game" character any day

Make it like fox or bayonetta's guns, but it runs out of ammo/jams like Bowser's firebreath

Isn't he further fleshed out in the comics? I haven't read them so I dunno, pretty sure he has a family and stuff.
What's this weird render of 2fort? Why are there slopes in the moat?

That's never stopped any of these characters before. He has more to work with than Wii Fit Trainer.

I'd love to see Heavy Weapons Guy in Smash but damn, I really hate the idea of fucking 2fort being his stage.
It could be any other official map and I would be fine with it.

It's either going to be 2fort of dustbowl, take your pick

Dustbowl easily.

>adding only the Heavy
>not three or four characters you can switch between to represent the Team
weaksauce pick

>discount pokemon trainer
Nah thanks

>They go fucking nuclear and add three different classes as one """"echo fighters"""" of Heavy, thus boiling down the definition of echo fighters to similar mechanics (in this case, weapon switching)
>They add Medic as well
>"Traditionally, we balance fighters to be even in head to head combat, but we've balanced the Medic to be good primarily in team battles. But don't let us stop you from trying to use Medic in head to head combat, it would certainly be a challenge."

>a TF2 character gets in
>their trailer is a recreation of their Meet The video but with Nintendo characters

Attached: Engi-sneer.jpg (250x140, 4K)

Nintendo: Hello Valve, we would like to use a TF2 character for Smash.

Valve: Sounds like a lot of work.

Nintendo: We'll take care of literally everything.

Valve: Meh.

Nintendo leaves gaben's office visibly confused. Gabe goes back to playing dota.

>We could have lived in a universe where TF2 had an adult swim show and smash representation at the same time

Engi would be the most conceptually interesting merc to be put into Smash, prove me wrong.

Here, a moveset. I'll be listing the specials in an unconventional order so it makes sense.
>Gimmick: Metal. Engineer has 200 to start with and regenerates it naturally, although one can use Engineer's side special, Widowmaker, in an attempt to gather more metal at the risk of losing it.
>Down Special: Construction PDA. Engineer, alike in TF2, could select between four buildings: Sentry Gun, Dispenser, and Teleporter 1/2. Once inputted, the building can be selected via the joystick, similar to Shulk's Monado Wheel. Once the building has been selected, Engineer can plop it down, costing him metal. Alike TF2, buildings can be upgraded (though this process would be considerably quicker). The Sentry Gun would deal weak chip damage in an area until it runs out of ammo; upgrades give it faster firing, more damage and missiles. Dispenser can (very slowly) heal Engineer and refill his metal; around 0.1% per level. Teleporters work as you expect, allowing Engi (and other fighters) to instantly warp to the other one (no entrance/exit). Upgrades shorten the delay between teleports.
>Neutral Special: Wrangler. Engineer wields the Wrangler. If one builds a Sentry beforehand, this can be used to extend its range and manually control it; otherwise, it's useless.
>Side Special: Widowmaker. Engineer fires the Widowmaker in three possible angles. Landing a shot nets him twice the amount of damage he dealt with the attack, while missing will cost him a significant chunk of metal.
>Up Special: Mannpower Grappling Hook. Alike Joker's up special, but much slower with additional range. It leaves Engineer very prone to edgeguarding.
>Tilts/aerials consist of various wrench swings and shotgun firing. Engineer's Forward Smash is the Short Circuit, which can negate projectiles, but costs metal. Grabs have him pummel the opponent with his wrench. Rancho Relaxo and Square Dance are taunts.

Attached: engi.gif (178x184, 891K)

>Scout killing Bowser with a baseball bat

thanks, Valve

Remove that Hero cunt and replace him with Heavy or Doomguy.

You forgot something.

>One of his taunts is the Kazotsky Kick. Meaning that with the help of the poison mushroom, Tiny Desk Engineer can be a part of Smash Bros.

>Kills Bowser with Sandman taunt
>"So long gay Bowser" in Bostonian

No he's not. He actually has alot of personality.
If you buy into the G-mod, surface level shit. He just comes across as a lughead.
In actuality though, he's a really smart character with an interesting, tragic history.
Go read the comics, and listen to a few things he discusses in Poker Night at the Inventory.

Attached: 1527135414259.png (256x256, 72K)

thanks, gaben

>Heavy
Gimme Scout or Soldier

Heavy is trash tier

How does a minigun jam?

I'm pretty sure he was talking gameplay wise there user. Which I would have to agree with, Soldier or Demo would be way more fun.

ywn see a TF2 miniseries where every episode is like Expiration Date.
(Which was written for the pilot episode of the series.)

Attached: welp im done.gif (320x180, 1.08M)

Oh.
Well you could use other TF2 things to make him more well rounded, like using the grappling hook for his up-special.
Everything else could be made up of his Miniguns, shotgun and fists.
A character that can constantly shoot projectiles out of the air would be interesting.

Attached: doo yooh rhemnmmmembhur.gif (500x281, 3.18M)

Do you have the templates?

This

What would be the victory poses?

Yeah I'm sure you could make him work with some creative license, almost every character in smash has at least some moves that are made up for smash. I'd like to see the sandvich in there somehow too, even just as a taunt.

>Adult Swim was completely behind the project and gave Valve a lot of leeway but Valve just didnt have the focus anymore to get a single project done

I miss old Valve

Attached: 142141214.jpg (500x281, 20K)

Me too.

Attached: 1491532453350.gif (300x168, 998K)

Valve literally has no history with nintendo other than bridge constructor portal which wasn't developed or published by Valve

>would fucking love this
>he would be perfect
>valve don't give a shit about team fortress or making games anymore
Shit

Attached: 1568301612837m.jpg (1024x1024, 142K)

Would be smart if Sakurai wants to save money on advertisement since Valve would probably do a SFM trailer for free

i always feel spy should be the one to represent tf2 in any case, as it could represent every class in the game, and while it doesnt work like that in game it should be able to fire as if it was said disguised class, i imagine something like playing with double on skullgirls

>Valve just didnt have the focus anymore to get a single project done
This was the fucking reason that the show never got made? They just couldn't be arsed to spend any of the millions of dollars they make on steam? What the hell happened to Valve man

Attached: 200%.jpg (497x732, 42K)

VR tech became way too important to them that literally no one else works on anything else

They became a hardware company over a software company and due to the structure of the company no one can force anyone else to work on something they dont want to

Attached: 1494025021288.gif (400x225, 950K)

This isn't the first time.
Nintendo sent Valve an early developer kit for the Switch before it was announced.
They wanted Valve to make a Half-life spin off game exclusive for the Switch.
Valve agreed- but gave up after a week of development.

Attached: 1536926339825.gif (480x270, 3.27M)

I remember I worshipped the ground Gabe walked on and thought they could do no wrong. Now they're a glorified punchline.

Attached: 8e8.jpg (600x861, 46K)

I get that people are excited for VR but nobody saw the potential of a TF2 show even after Expiration Date came out? Its a cool way to run a company but man does it suck for the people that actually want valve to make games.
>gave up after a week of development
Why did they even bother saying yes in the first place then?

As based as the Widowmaker is as a weapon you got to remember that it's a promo item for Deus Ex. If any TF2 content is going to be in the game it's going to have to be limited to Valve created content. Also means no community made items either.

They were excited to work with the Switch and it's hardware. However (and like most canceled valve projects) the team couldn't agree on how to proceed.
So they gave up.

>Valve
>Doing anything
It's not gonna happen.

Attached: sad.png (105x141, 20K)

Especially not according to Nintendo's time table.
They'd want that SFM done ASAP.

Attached: 1549140294304.png (394x467, 98K)

>They just couldn't be arsed to spend any of the millions of dollars they make on steam?
That's not the issue.

The issue is how the company manages the work its employees are doing, which is to say not at all. Everyone decides for themselves what to work on, no one has any boss to tell them what to do or any particular project they're forced to be a part of.

So, Valve gets in the dev kit, some people play around with it randomly over the period of a week, but there aren't enough people who are interested in using it to produce anything in order to make up a team and start working, so it just gets dropped and they all do something else.

Writes itself, really. It could be like the SNK trailer but with TF2 characters where they are all grabbing for the invitation before it ends up in front of Heavy. Then Saxton Hale catches it first

>mfw Nintendo is not going to be what keeps Heavy out of smash...
>But Valve is due to laziness.

Attached: 1551230742514.gif (480x368, 1.3M)

I don't disagree but Poker Night at the Inventory isn't canon and wasn't written by anyone at Valve. TF2's comics Heavy's backstory is probably more like it.

I get that the employees probably enjoy the freedom but doesn't the company get mad when there are so many cancelled projects? As cool as VR can be I'm sad Valve ever got involved with it, its the only thing any of their people want to work on anymore.

I'll legit buy the game if he's confirmed. I don't give a flying fuck about any of the mediocre rooster minus inklings, samus and snake.

We also need undyne.

Attached: d9savwq-5b684bc6-bbc8-4301-a40c-0bc323d28508.jpg (750x720, 265K)

>Valve would probably do a SFM trailer for free
it would take them fucking years to do it user

sure but without anyone to blame but themselves, there's noone to get mad at, and the few people who do have a respectable work ethic can't say anything otherwise they'll probably get booted by the lazy cliques.

MannManor_event or harvest

I like Halloween themed maps.

>fmash: POW, HAHA
>neutral b minigun, like bayo. jumprev mechanic too
>down b sandvich (refresh on ko)
>side b shotgun
>can switch out all his weapons like the miis, before the match
>GRU, brass knuckles, natascha, panic attack, dalakohs bar, huo long
>gru increases sprint speed, panic attack faster with more %, etc
man it would be fucking amazing

Sounds like a mii costume to me

imo, if something comes from the company/producer/writer whatever, it's considered cannon unless explicitly contradicts prior work.
To my knowledge, the stuff Heavy says in Poker Night doesn't contradict anything from the comics/games.
In fact- I think it only strengthens it.

So maybe it's not on the same level of canonicity as the games, etc. But I still think it's good.

the worst part is a Mii costume would be great since an actual Fighter is literally impossible by this point.

But Valve STILL would be too lazy to do it.