Obscure pick nobody waned gets added

>Obscure pick nobody waned gets added
>Fanboys pretend like they are devout players of said literal who game
>Dismiss anyone who criticizes the poor choice as a zoomer
Nobody wanted this character. Those that pretend to be excited are only liars or unironic gays who want to have sex with him. Which are you?

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/nocontextmugen/status/1170136886616252416?s=20
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade_game#List_of_highest-grossing_games
youtube.com/watch?v=ho4tiCCbqqo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_video_game_franchises
youtube.com/watch?v=95qmss7lxJg
youtu.be/c9s_fB3hrU4
youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0kufx74Io
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I waned this character as a devout player.

Smashniggers are literally the worst stinkiest niggers in the planet. Take a shower, fatso.

Seethe harder retard

I've honestly never seen a fat smash player

>zero

I also want to fuck him with my boipussi but I also think he was a bad pick
t. LatAm fag

Attached: 1532410838045.jpg (2273x2511, 874K)

is zero considered fat?

So do the people who cry about roster picks actually play the game? Because I see more character wishes and meme picks than actual gameplay talk now

Blows my mind people dont know King of Fighters at least. Last one came out in 2016.

I'm all for obscure picks - this is Smash, how many times have you been inspired to try a game because it got a rep? And don't you fucking lie, we all saw Dragon Quest threads become a constant thing after Hero's reveal.

However, I'd have rather they went with Kung Fu Guy from Mugen, honestly. Hard to get my blood pumping for 'another generic fighting game character'.

I knew who Terry was and I wanted him in, I just never thought he was an option. Feels good to have superior taste.

how much did it sell

>Terry
>obscure
People call you a zoomer cause you are a zoomer, fucking DSP of all people can name every KoF/Fatal Fury character so you have no excuse

retarded wizchan poster

I am a devout SNK player and have been since the 90's. If Terry means nothing to you, you are either a zoomer or just a retarded Smashfag that lusts after meme characters like Geno or Waluigi. Or let's be realistic, a combination of the two. A Smashfag that was born after arcades died.
If you can't comprehend the appeal of actual game icons it says a lot about you.

It was clearly a personal pick from Sakurai, and as he's shown in the past, he has much better taste than the vast majority of Nintendies.

A lot of people know *of* it. As bootleg Street Fighter. You know, the arcade machine you see in Chuck E. Cheese and bitch about since it isn't Street Fighter II.

Around 340,000 units.

Nigga how is KOF obscure? I can understand his original game but he's been in KOF for some time and in Capcom vs SNK.

I wanted this character as a devout fighting game player. Or Iori.

>Terry
>literal who
you're outing yourself as a zoomer whenever you say this. get fucked, billy.

I hadn't heard of Terry until the SNK leak because I don't typically play fighying games and I bought a KoF and Fatal Fury game to learn about the character prior to his release in Smash. I'm a zoomer, but god damn, fuck off you stupid zoomer.

I literally just played several hours of Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 at a local last night (and on Tuesday) suck my dick

He's chunky but not fat I wouldn't say.

See I know who Terry is and I was never a huge KoF fan. But to that series was just another fart in the wind in the world of fighting games.

I mean you have street fighter and Tekken which were the universal and Disney then you have Fatal Fury/KoF and it's like the asylum of video games.

Just a knock off generic fighting game trying to cash on something that was hot at the time and not bring anything to the table the others had not already.

>Nigga how is KOF obscure?
The games barely fucking sell.

right I can’t believe we got this NOBODY whose games inspired smash over an ICON like Shantae jesus christ sakurai needs to start listening to us rosterbabbies for once

twitter.com/nocontextmugen/status/1170136886616252416?s=20

>Around 340,000 units.
>Bootleg street fighter
So it's a game nobody cares about that's just a rip off of a superior game. I don't care if you know of FF and KOF it's still a shit pick.

I guess you are right, if you don't consider this to be fat...

Attached: fatfuck.jpg (1049x700, 77K)

We get it, you didn't get the usual rosterfag pick. We know it's hard for you retards when things don't go your way. Maybe your character that already got spirited will make it in by the time the next smash rolls around.

>Zero
>Smash player
user he's a content creator who plays wifi matches.

>Those that pretend to be excited are only liars or unironic gays who want to have sex with him. Which are you?
Just because you're a retard who lives in a bubble doesn't mean everyone else is. Were you not around during the whole SNK Heroines shit? You're either a newfag or only pay attention to Nintendo.

Why not use a more modern pick and not the same Yea Forumsshit from 2 years ago?

Would it make it better or worse if I revealed that was the best-selling KoF game?

Stop moving the goalpost fag.

how old is that image?
he looks fat there but definitely lost weight since then

>Around 340,000 units.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah what did KOF bring to the table other than running directional dodges short hops super jumps variable uses of meter i mean if you don’t count those then it didn’t bring anything new to the table and who cares that fatal fury was in development at the same tame as sfii obviously it was the work of spies who stole blueprints during the alpha stages

HAHAHAHA unironically should be filtered when its just cummbrain posters that use it

BASED Sakurai shitting on ignorant zoomers.
Sakurai has good taste and there's nothing you can do to stop him from bringing it to your game.

I'd rather have him than stuff like Geno and Waluigi, these Nintendo fanboys really ask for dumb characters, at least most of them don't get picked.

To be fair it was mostly an arcade series

>OMG STOP MOVING THE GOALPOST!!!
>STRAWMAAAAN!!
Any more buzzwords you'd like to spout to cover your ass here? Zero doesn't play ultimate in any capacity beyond wifi.

I wanted this character. He's my favorite video game character and I'm glad he got in before yours

I am gay and am familiar with SNK, but Terry a shit.

Attached: D8tSNm8VUAE9HMq.jpg (886x1200, 182K)

I wanted him but knew he had no chance. Then based Sakurai proved me wrong. SNK does have fans and they're not just limited to Beanerland like you're so convinced. He's in, seethe and cope all you want.

>tfw Mexican
>tfw fatal fury and KOF are huge in Mexico
>People are still playing KOF xiv at my locals
>My dad can identify most kof characters
Maybe it was a pick just for us spics. All of my friends are pretty hype over Terry.

Should have been Kyo

I wouldn't even believe you.
The series is THAT shit? You have to be mistaken, no way people on here can actualy be acting uppity over being that much of a hipster.

YOU'RE RIGHT MAN IT'S NOT LIKE TERRY HAS BEEN IN A FUCKTON OF GAMES OVER THE PAST 20 YEARS BECAUSE OF POPULARITY
Nah, fuck you and play Mark of the Wolves. You owe it to yourself.

>340,000 units
lol

ARE
YOU
OKAY

Yea Forums thinks its for Mexicans
5ch thinks its for the Chinese

What are you? 10? Every respectable gamer at least knows KoF and many of its characters. I don't like MK but I still know the franchise and most of its characters.
Obscure pick, FFS. Go back to your Five Nights at Freddy's games.

Kyo is best boy. Iori is only a ripoff.

Well hey, the best-selling KoF on SNK's own console sold around 200,000 units, and on PS1? 170,000.

Mortal Kombat 4 on N64 sold more than double the amount KoF XIV did. Not comparable.

Weeb.

Personally never got into any SNK games but I’m happy for the people that are.

>A FUCKTON OF GAMES
That sold poorly enough across the board that even fucking Fire Emblem outdid it.

Waned? Is that a new word?

Terry can handle being pranked, but so can Lori. Why does no one care about Lori?

Attached: Heroine-miss_x2.png (334x479, 99K)

Terry did it first, same reason why nobody cared about skullomania sadly

Waned is a word, but he obviously meant wanted.

>salesfags
remember when you thought that meant Minecraft would make it in over Banjo?
gooood times

Attached: 1568386017564.jpg (750x774, 87K)

>is waned a new word?
Is this ESL or just stupid? Hard to tell the difference in a thread about Terry

You don't need to even be a FF/KoF player to know who Terry is, dumb zoom zoom. If you were here years ago you at least know who he is because of the memes of the time. I've warmed up to Terry a lot though and can't wait to play. Who would have fucking guessed crossover games get people interested in series they don't know about instead of just rosterfagging about who's "in" or not.

He lost a lot of weight. I'm all for shittalking fatasses, but when they actually put in work to not be fat, I'm not gonna give them shit. He lost like 50 pounds or some shit.

Shut the fuck up. I don't even know who the fuck is Terry but I know people like this characther. The world doesn't spin around your fat retarted ass and your shitty pick, stop wasting our oxygen

They are comparable since it's one of the biggest fighting franchises. Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Mortal Kombat. There are others still famous but slightly smaller, like DoA (mainly composed by fapbait by now) but you can't deny those 3 are the first games that pop up in anyone's mind when discussing fighting games.

having good taste helps but if rosterfags wanted to accomplish that they would have to completely change who they shill for.

You did move the goalposts though, he's a smash player and he's fat as fuck. You bought up ultimate and online only. Stop embarrassing yourself you fat faggot.

not many people wanted him but I don't know how you can say he is obscure. I for one am glad he is in the game.

>Comparing arcade home port sales on SNK's expensive home neo geos/other consoles to other home console IPs
>Ignoring the main area SNK was invested in, the arcades
Holy shit I didn't realize zoomers were this retarded

oh nononono

Attached: scarflardnomore.jpg (2048x2048, 455K)

In heroines half the fun was the interactions between terry and the rest of the cast. DLC characters don't interact with the others at all

pranked terry for smash

Suck my dick nigger I've been playing kof for years, also if it weren't for kof you ninteniggers wouldn't have smash in the first place faggot

Have you ever thought people call you a zoomer because you are, in fact, a zoomer?

To think there are people in this very thread who have complained about Fire Emblem but are bragging about knowing this virtually worthless series
Holy hypocrisy

Oh yeah it actually was worthless for a time since the company went bankrupt lol

why not both?

>Every respectable gamer
lol

/vg/

he WAS fat as fuck, he isn't now

the only reason people complain about FE is because it takes up an unreasonably large portion of the roster. Terry is one fucking character from a unrepresented IP

>>Obscure pick nobody waned gets added
>>Fanboys pretend like they are devout players of said literal who game
>>Dismiss anyone who criticizes the poor choice as a zoomer
>Nobody wanted this character. Those that pretend to be excited are only liars or unironic gays who want to have sex with him. Which are you?

Attached: 1568261467920.jpg (491x625, 151K)

>mfw Roy main and am going to play Terry as my secondary

Attached: 1532153799491.png (635x477, 339K)

>Posting that he's still fat like it's some sort of achievement

Honestly I will never understand people who defend fatties

You niggers are the ones claiming KoF isn't obscure. Shut the fuck up.

>They are comparable since it's one of the biggest fighting franchises.
It's not even in the top 5. SF, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur, and even fucking Dragon Ball fighting games are bigger.

>he's not an obscure pick! sure he's only known in Japanese arcades but he isn't obscure!

MAI>Terry

If you didn't even hear about KoF then you are not very versed in the gaming media.

But thats wrong, zero doesnt play ultimate beyond wifi or business deals.
he doesnt care about smash anymore.

Who is the bigger titcow tho?

Attached: 1567464565679.jpg (850x1665, 172K)

>"I don't know him so he MUST be obscure!"
>People on Yea Forums don't know Terry Bogard's fucking name anymore
Holy fuck the absolute state of this board

You guys will act the same when Alex gets added in.

Attached: 6593CA24-8C63-4827-9904-4C92537D3571.png (1228x822, 905K)

>virtually worthless
You do realize that SNK contributed a lot to development of fighting game mechanics

Yes he is lol

>He doesn't play smash apart from when he plays smash

Good argument.

>You niggers are the ones claiming KoF isn't obscure
Maybe not so well known in the west, but obscure? Maybe if you're a zoomer. In Japan, SNK is very well known, even if they went bankrupt and had to rely on Pachinkoshit for a couple years. And don't even get me started on the spics south of the border. Don't make me get Paco in here.

Money-wise? maybe. But fame-wise I doubt KoF is less known than Tekken or Soul Calibur.
Maybe but kids, but they don't matter anyway.

If you are asked to mention fighting games then KoF will be there for sure. I don't know if it will be 1st or 10th but you will mention it.

If we're talking worldwide, the only names you listed that pass KoF in recognition are SF and Tekken.

I have literally never heard of KoF in my fucking life and the only thing I knew about Terry Bogard is that he's matched against Ken in weird cross-over shit

Theres a disconnect between what you mean and what other people mean.
When people say he's not a smash player anymore its because he does not compete nor cares for competition.
what you mean is someone playing smash for 1 hour making him a smash player.

You must be new.

>You niggers are the ones claiming KoF isn't obscure
If you played videogames and know who SNK are, it's not. It's their most popular franchise and was one of the original fighting games that dominated arcades along with Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. Don't care if you don't believe me, but I'm just telling you the reason he was picked.

Fighting games are great, eat shit. See me in Karnov's Revenge and Waku Waku 7

nigger I know what SNK is since I was 12 but you make it sound as if there is honor involved in knowing who the fuck Terry is, it's ridiculous.

>Not knowing terry bogard
fucking zoomers.

Attached: 1553659728988.jpg (375x375, 39K)

I didn't know much about Terry other than that he is from an SNK game, but I like his inclusion. His design is cool and Ryu and Ken turned out to be quite fun, I'm sure he will be too.

Attached: young sakurai winning streak.png (304x224, 13K)

Zoomers are STILL seething

Attached: 70184518_10220123718425554_4180693884294135808_n.jpg (720x340, 26K)

Okay, seriously. I don't care if you like the games or if you know who Terry Bogard is.
KoF is still a well-known franchise and stating is obscure is downright wrong. This is not even open for discussion, it's not obscure and that's it.

Stop acting like obnoxious, loud kids who criticize anything beyond their silly new and famous games. That's like saying nobody knows or cares about Roman Empire because lol it's old and it disappeared already. Julius Caesar? what? The guy of the salad?

God dammit, kids these days.

Terry

Attached: C55E5091-06D6-40E9-91C4-8D91925EBC87.png (600x838, 189K)

Is this a fucking joke?
KoF is not a top 3 fighting game franchise, even Tekken is bigger than it. Even fucking Virtua Fighter is bigger
Terryfags live in absolute fucking delusion.

Tekken
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Soul Calibur
Dead or Alive
Marvel vs Capcom
and of course, Super Smash Bros

These are all actually well known fighting games series, not D-list shit like KoF. You're fucking delusional. It's obscure by any fucking measure and not many people are going to know it. Get the hell over it. It's in Smash on the same ticket that Palutena and Dark Pit rode in on.

>inb4 b-b-but arcade games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade_game#List_of_highest-grossing_games
It's still obscure shit

>Saying KoF is obscure.

My god, the ignorance.

I can't wait to spam input Crack Shoot online.

KoF is obscure literalwho garbage

Rosterfags should burn on a pyre. They did this for Hero, they did this for Banjo, they'll do it over and over. It's all hateful and obsessive shitposting because they know it'll get people's attention while they complain that their character didn't get in, or their character did get in so everyone else can die, etc etc

Attached: t99zlVL.png (1836x1032, 2.65M)

samefag

>that gamer posture

>KOF isn't even in the list
Oh what the fuck

>Wikipedia
Sure showed him, kid.

Attached: 1542188454670.jpg (486x457, 65K)

short hop spamming FE players on suicide watch soon

Your opinion, my good user, is obscure literalwho garbage.
Reality doesn't care about your own petty preferences and your lack of knowledge.

forgive him, he's still young.

>Mentioning mortal Kombat

Attached: 1568329152535.jpg (504x532, 29K)

who cares if it is an obscure fighting game? you would be seething if it was a character from any fighting game, smashfag.

Attached: 1563402358160.jpg (631x658, 39K)

This is bait

You have nothing else to do OP? Like a work, a GF or at least a videogame to play?
Sakurai isn't even going to read your statement here you are just crying because you where a spoiled babychild and never touched an arcade machine so you asume than the rest of us not fucking love Terry an all NeoGeo Games.

maybe because the company that makes KOF
A. mostly did arcade releases
B. fucked up and went bankrupt.
being banished to pachislot and cellphone hell before crawling their way back up to success tends to impact your sales numbers.

user, it's fine. You don't have to know all games and characters, you are still young and you have a lot to learn yet.
Don't try to convince everyone else that something isn't right just because you are wrong. You can't twist reality to accommodate your opinions. Just take the chance to learn what KoF is and grow as a gamer.

>calls a kof character obscure when fucking marth was in before his game had even released in the US

still made more in sales than fucking banjo, a cremated ip that when released on Xbox live in 2009 has only amassed 80,000 downloads across BOTH GAMES up to this current date

Banjo Kazooie sold nearly 4 million units in its initial run. Point me to the KoF that outsold it.

Holy shit can you faggots STFU already , like we had this thread a hundred times,kys op hope you get cancer and your mother cries above your deathbed

Fuck off stop pretending people didn't know about him before hand you fucking retard.

Attached: 1559421921982.png (750x750, 423K)

I like KoF but user is right. it is obscure and people pretending it's not is retarded

>user literally moved the goalpost even closer to you
Fucking retard.

>Getting mad about obscure picks in Smash
Is this like a fake geek girl thing?

It's not obscure it's like saying Bayonetta is an obsure pick because both her games sold like shit

youtube.com/watch?v=ho4tiCCbqqo
fuck those best friend let's players for deleting this kino

He may be obscure to you faggots who lost the arcades but to countries that still have arcades he isnt.

Attached: 14502963_555375281321002_1407143803062872714_n.jpg (680x560, 24K)

Maybe KoF doesn's sell that well, but in México everybody knows how to play it, and it's obligatory to be a 2002 bootleg on every arcade.
It's even funnier with friends because you can push them or kick them irl between a combo and chimpout wheb you loose and turn off the machine as a fag.
Also all my friends had the KoF XIV game.

Nice reading comprehension bitch

>Terry
>obscure
I don't know if it's because I'm an Isaac/Amaterasu supporter who knows the true meaning of pain or because I'm familiar with Fatal Fury but how in the fuck is Terry Bogard obscure?

Ohh dude I fucking love Waku Waku 7, even bought the HongKong version of PSStore because for a fucking reason is on Switch, and Xbox One but not on the american PS, also for a wile I was on Top10 between a bunch of japanese.

>salesfags

Attached: 1559107341937.png (800x510, 112K)

>260.
>Not fat as fuck.
Oh nonononono indeed

ARE YOU OKAY?!

Attached: EEIm6zGUwAIbxYB.jpg (1250x1250, 96K)

Attached: 1550694265707.jpg (472x472, 21K)

Not even OP is mad about him being in smash, people are just mad at retards on here pretending hes not obscure and that it's crime not to know an obscure series for whatever reason

If you are this upset about something as irrelevant as a fictional character being in kids first fighter you have actual mental health issues

Why are his nips so fucking huge

And I'm not the user you replied to but acting like litterally no one knows who the fuck Terry is or what KOF is especially after all the Mai posting on Yea Forums is retarded.

Because it was made by gay a furfag

Just because you don't know what something is doesn't mean it's obscure. Anyone with a remote interest in Japanese fighting games or SNK knows Terry Bogard.

Should have been mai to shut the coomers up

Reminder that characters like Ryu and Terry reflect Sakurai's own gaming history and interests more than the community's, and Nintendo makes the pick suggestions that Sakurai denies or approves.

I played FF for the first time this year and even I knew Terry Bogard. The internet was better when less people frequented it.

Brennan, your thread is on a downward spiral

I didn't think he'd get added even if I pushed for him.
the fact he was is a pleasant surprise.
Using the fact you don't know him or he looks like Ken as to why he's a poor choice is a retarded excuse and is why you're a zoomer.

Smashfags don’t even care about most of the cast in smash, they’re all saved by nostalgia
Falcon, Ness, Marth, Roy, Sheik, etc. would be considered wasted slots and mostly literal whos because Smashfags don’t even like video gamrs

>GUYS GUYS I'M IGNORANT SO THAT MEANS YOU ALL ARE IGNORANT AS WELL WE ARE LEGION WE ARE MANY WE ARE HIVEMIND!
I pity you.

Bigger pecs/breasts usually have bigger nipples, that's how it works.

No that would still make him fairly obscure. "Known by fighting game fans" makes you a big fish in a small pond. If most multiplayer games launched with the player base of most fighting games, that later dwindles anyway, they'd be considered on life support. I don't think Terry is a bad addition but he is absolutely obscure.

>Terry Bogard
>Obscure
OP confirmed for retard

people like OP think they follow the "competitive fighting scene" but really they just follow SF/MK/Tekken baby games because their star homo players get a lot of press, he doesnt realize the reason why they even play those games is because they would get their shit pushed in KoF due to deeper gameplay and way way way way tougher competition

"hurr a durr obscure and nobody no!" is something you can apply to 75% of the Smash roster if we're going to be as pedantic and retarded as you people are.

It's not obscure because I don't know it. It's obscure because it objectively barely sells and barely anyone has played it.
There's nothing wrong with obscurity, there are tons of obscure series I like, however you don't see me bitching at everyone that doesn't know about Yie Ar Kung Fu or pretending that it's a top 3 well known fighting game series on par with Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. Because that would be stupid, like a lot of people are being right now.

Yes, we're pretending. But it's all worth it to BTFO the zoomers.

Attached: pepe24.jpg (499x499, 26K)

>Settle It In SmashBurger

>getting mad because Nintendo, a company that is notoriously Boomercore, takes the obscure boomer pick
I didn’t want Terry, but getting mad at this point proves you are the bigger Faggot

Attached: 1F6D4348-BECF-4E30-B703-D28109C713AC.jpg (480x480, 34K)

>It's obscure because it objectively barely sells and barely anyone has played it
Keep telling yourself that in order to try to make your ignorance and stupidity seem like a general world problem.

Gave up at 2 characters because I genuinely can't care less about who they have to add from a Nintendo roster standpoint
Only dirty spics are excited for Terry Bogard

Attached: oh shit what now.png (1920x1080, 976K)

Do you guys know people who claimed to be super into Earthbound before Ness was in Smash bros? It's hugely cringey.

actually most Earthbound fans are huge fags. Fun and good game, but they make me not wanna like it.

Similar to people in OP's post

I've known why Terry Bogard and Fatal Fury are since 1994 and I'm so USA I fart bald eagles and eat nothing but hamburgers with barbecue sauce. You posers call yourselves gamers yet you don't know shit about video games.

Attached: 394.jpg (1200x692, 235K)

>There's nothing wrong with obscurity
You're right, but that does not apply here.

>Whataboutism
It's okay to have obscure characters. I'm not sure if the other guy you're talking to is saying "obscure bad" as I'm just jumping in here. I'm just saying obscure is obscure.

>it doesn't break 5 million copies per installment by Wikipedia's classification
>therefore it didn't sell at all and no one knows it

Attached: diamondposting.png (132x234, 4K)

> Actually believing Fire Emblem is less obscure than KoF

Fatal Fury and Terry are not obscure because your dumb ass doesn't know shit about video games.

It is

obscure
/əbˈskjʊə/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
not discovered or known about; uncertain.

If you can be known among the majority of an entire genre's fans and still be considered obscure then most of Smash's roster is obscure. Even iconic characters like Samus aren't known outside of relevant circles. If that's what you consider obscure then that applies to basically every character that isn't from Mario or Pokemon.

Zoomers are the worst.

Attached: 1568345487161.png (1800x662, 88K)

You're making the mistake of thinking "your choice" matters, and "who was asked for" matters. What is this 21st century bullshit? Your are not a developer, you don't work for Nintendo, you have absolutely no say in what characters they pick. Any poll is irrelevant and even if Nintendo took one into account it still is just a courtesy and there are no guarantees. Fucking keep crying you salty ass baby. They've just announced even more DLC fighters and here you are crying about another pick, grow up you entitled piece of shit.

I knew KoF and I knew Mai and Terry. I also knew about the beautiful sprites before they switched to models. I can't say I'm an expert, but I'm shocked people don't even know SNK.

It's a niche product only played by hardcore weebs.
Stop pretending everyone loves hardcore japanese shit.

>Even iconic characters like Samus aren't known outside of relevant circles
and some of these circles are a lot smaller than others

I didnt want him but Terry's a cool character who I'm gonna try playing. Also Mexico deserved a character

> Thinks Terry Bogard its obscure

This is why the FGC doesnt take the Smash community seriously.

>lalalalalalalaicanthearyou iknowican'trefuteallthecorrectthingsyousaysoimnotevengoingtotry
its obscure by any objective measure, if it's not obscure then nothing is. Unless you can go back in time and change the present so that is sold at least as well as fucking virtua fighter, it is obscure.

Soon as you stop pretending that you being ignorant and stupid doesn't mean everyone else is. Now tell us which character you wanted in whose slot was stolen by Terry.

true
still less obscure than KoF

I'll ask you the same thing, tell us which character you wanted who got their slot stolen by Terry, because that's the only reason you faggots keep making these threads.

Are we talking the circle that hits 7 million with just the Prime series or the circle that needs 20 games to get to that size?

Oh no, I said that about Fire Emblem.

And? Fighting games aren't one of them. They're one of the only genres ubiquitous enough to have an active community that gets together to have tournaments.

>you need to by a game to recognize the characters in it

this is why fighting games are a dying genre

But he's not obscure by any stretch of the term, unless you're North American and think the US and its tastes are the center of the universe.

>THIS ISN'T BING BING BING WAHOO FOR MY SMASHTRANNY MINDSET! MORE FURRIES AND MORE KEKTOONY CHAWACTERS!

Attached: smashfags.jpg (1079x1017, 147K)

Cringe modern revisionist

Based 'I was there' alpha

I don't want any character. Like I already said this isn't about smash, it's about retards pretending this obscure character isn't obscure. But you don't know how to argue without some ad hominem about stinky rosterfags or whatever right? That's why you keep trying to force this discussion back to smash shit

Well yes a game's widespread popularity is generally a good gauge for its recognizability.

REAL TALK: is there anything more to smash than le "he's in". You fucks literally do not talk about anything else. You don't even play the fucking game, just le le "HE'S IN, tee hee, fuck me daddy"

Attached: 1563484338022.jpg (731x565, 26K)

It's about faggots like you who know jack shit about games crying that a character you personally don't know or care about gets a spotlight. Otherwise you wouldn't be farting your brains out in a pissrage over nothing.

Yea Forumsirgins have to make everything about rage and BTFO, is this your first day here?

smash players don't like seeing fighting game characters on their casual party game

>all of the BASED candidates for DLC left are swordies
fuck

Attached: 1568311218539.jpg (473x489, 59K)

why isnt zoro in smash

the community is still very small, just because all of you are turbo autists doesnt make it not a niche genre

I was hoping it would be Marco or Geese since the leak, but realistically I knew it was a 50/50 split between Nakoruru and Terry.

Attached: A90BF810-566C-4B34-BA84-370DFD711999.jpg (320x224, 24K)

You complain about they adding a character that people might know even not being a fun.

But you are fine with all the nobodies from Fire Emblem they added. Characters only people who played Fire Emblem know and that are obscure as fuck outside of that fandom.
Sure, we all heard about Fire Emblem, but who the hell are all those characters?

Not one person in this thread has been able to prove Terry isn't obscure. They've been able to prove KoF/FF significance to its genre and that Terry is a good addition to Smash Bros, which was personally never in doubt for me, but not that he isn't obscure.

Attached: 1565661446182.png (1920x1080, 2.59M)

Cry harder Tranny Kong.

Uh what are you talking about? No one is fine with it, people are still complaining about Corrin to this day

>I NEED MORE OF MUH BING BING WAHOO!

Yes, having more variety in the movesets of the DLC characters would be nice.

Attached: tumblr_pco6qqUwPb1tu022ro1_1280.jpg (1280x1280, 479K)

And no one will ever be able to prove that is isn't obscure, because he is. They will just scream and shout, call people names, and employ their whataboutism, because they know the truth, that there's not a shred of evidence out there that can help their case because it doesn't exist.

SNKfags seem to be offended that it's obscure, so were Personafags when Joker was revealed. The forum crowd is a bubble.

What exactly do you need to "prove" something that you don't care about and will reject anyway? You only made this thread for attention and because for some reason Terry in Smash makes you shit yourselves into a faggot frenzy. Who did you want in who got their slot stolen? Did your girlfriend leave you because Terry is in?

Someone who actually knows SNK fighters, tell me which music tracks we're likely to get. Also, are we getting Follow Me?

Attached: rainbow_hmm.gif (111x111, 10K)

Nintendo and Sakurai gave themselves a bit of an out by making it unclear just who was choosing this line of DLC characters but I feel like Terry was at least someone he wanted in. The only questionable pick so far has been Joker, and I guess it just goes to show that we're lucky to have people that care about video games and their history making the big decisions.

>he never played Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, The Last Blade, Samurai Shodown, KoF, etc
We knew that if SNK was getting a rep that it'd be from a fighting game franchise.

I only pity people that never got to play these on either arcade or console as tons of games in each of the listed exist (except for The Last Blade which is only 2 games).

OP has my exact sentiments with regard to castlevania

I want Arashi no Saxophone 2.

And let me be completely clear, OP IS a fag for judging a character's worth purely by their sales or recognizability. It's okay to have more obscure characters and not every third party needs to be this massive bomb drop. It's great that this character means something to Sakurai and to fighting game fans, and it's understandable that those fans get upset when people shit on him. He's just not that well known is all.

I wish they added a super mature DLC out of the blue, like Max Payne

Arcades started dying almost 40 years ago, fuck off boomer.

I wanted Fortnite man he famous and good his pew pew gun and flossing

Except CV was actually a huge part of the NES and SNES' identity and notoriety. If any third parties needed to be in due to their close ties to Nintendo, it'd be Megaman Castlevania, Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy.

You people say every character who isn't a Mario or Pokemon character is "unknown" and even then you scream about whatever Mario/Pokemon character that isn't who you personally want is "unknown".

Just goto Round 1

>not known about
>100 posters in this thread
>more than half of us seem to know about him
>there are people at work or asleep right now who know about him
>Yea Forums is only a miniscule population of people who play videogames
I wouldn't say he is obscure at all. Anyway, it's now your turn to show why you think he is.

It should have been Marco. A Run n' Gun rep would have been infinitely more interesting than Hat Ken.

>NES and SNES
And that means nothing to today's gamers who are far more numerous and important.

I'm fine with Terry. I just have a problem with people saying he's not niche. Terry is nowhere near the icon of Sonic, Cloud, Mega Man, etc.

Cause there's no female character that's like pranked Terry, while Iori literally has a female cousin that looks just like him except being a thot

How about you play more fighting games other than smash fag

So get rid of every classic character in a celebration of gaming and Nintendo's history?

Did you forget they said that the dlc characters would lesser known titles

They never said this, not once.

We already did that by citing sales and referencing the niche status of the FGC.

Exactly.

>Nintendo shouldn’t pick a character based on their sales
>Nintendo shouldn’t pick who they want
I see at least a thread about both of these every fucking day

>Tfw I'd feel annoyed if there wasn't more DLC on the way.
>But there is, so I'm not.
Feels good.

Attached: cool_pikachu.png (259x335, 89K)

seethe harder Stevefag

Because only the characters -I- want should be picked.

Literally one of the most famous fighting game characters of all time.

That's an awfully big assumption that I'm sure is very comforting for you to think about.

Now post a picture of Banjo and that all applies

Niche characters aren't the problem, it's how interesting they are. There was a big difference between Joker's reception and Terry's.

It's not an assumption. Every single Smash thread has people screaming "LIT HOO LIT HOO!" at every character people mention. Look at this thread for example, one entirely made solely to scream and shitfart about a character OP is ignorant of.

Yes, Hat Ken is garbage barf and Joker is the best character in the game.

>smelly smash fags still complaining about a dlc character
You retards are so easy to make fun of

Attached: C066F04A-6B3E-42A8-8109-3FC2D08F1015.gif (200x200, 594K)

Again, just a comforting generalization with no real argument.

Pretty sure I've seen this exact thread for every single dlc character and most of the newcomers

ok you got me
i wish it was clark instead

Goku got deconfirmed again, guy.

And they confirmed even more DLC characters so be ready to see this exact same thread with at least 6 different characters up for at least 2 more years. I wanted the rosterfagging to end sakurai.

>WOAH I NEVER HEARD OF PERSONA BUT NOW I SUDDENLY LOVE IT AND THINK JOKER IS A GREAT PICK
>WOAH I NEVER HEARD OF DRAGON QUEST BUT NOW I SUDDENLY LOVE IT AND THINK HERO IS A GREAT PICK
>WOAH I NEVER HEARD OF FATAL FURY BUT NOW I SUDDENLY LOVE IT AND THINK TERRY IS A GREAT PICK
>WOAH I NEVER HEARD OF KING OF THE HILL BUT I THINK DALE GRIBBLE IS A GREAT PICK
>WOAH I NEVER HEARD OF HOAGIE BLASTER 6 BUT I THINK MR. SKIBBLES IS A GREAT PICK
why do smashfags do this? defending picks they literally never heard of and just pretend to. sakurai can do no wrong.

Attached: toast.png (334x334, 122K)

Call it whatever you want since you don't give a fuck anyway. I'm speaking facts of things that's happened for the last eight years. Maybe you're new here, refugee from another site, or you're just trolling.

Tell us who you want in, O Master Of Smasher.

Ahem.
FUCK WAIFUFAGS AND FUCK METAL SLUG FAGS.

Attached: 1567982004443.png (869x919, 787K)

how many times are you going to deflect back on this stupid shit?

This, also practically any character can and will be spinned as "important to gaming history".

i'm glad everybody is dogpiling you for being a cringey spack mate, end your life

reusing shitposts is easier than making a new one

Why are you trying to shoehorn us into being upset over a pick? Fuck off, these characters are fine. Just whiney babies who want master queef in complaining.

>you aren’t fan of a literally who tier character
>well you must be a butt hurt fan of other literally who tier character!
Why are Terryfags always like this?

since no one is whining they have to create a false narrative

>Obscure pick nobody waned gets added
But Geno hasn't been added you faggot

I really hope it's the arranged 96 version

Because the only reason you keep shitting yourself stupid is because you're angry who you wanted isn't in yet. No normal mentally-balanced person acts like this.

It's better than Monster Hunter, Phoenix, RE rep or Dante

>no one complaining
>better keep up my narrative just in case

The reason people are mad is because of all the people calling others names and getting mad because others didn't know some obscure poor selling fighting game. You're obsessed with rosterfaggotry though so you keep trying to spin things into this retarded narrative of people not getting who they wanted in instead of actually listening.

He's going to play similar to Ryu and Ken with his inputs and he'll up being mediocre. So no he's not.

I wouldnt mind a new arrangement made for Smash either.

I dont think anyone is angry about people not knowing SNK. More like sad that a company with such a rich history of titles is not recognized by people who play modern videogames regularly.

It's not like SNK disappeared completely, they've been back for a fair amount of years now with new games too.

People get called zoomer faggots in every single one of these threads for not knowing SNK. There are definitely some people that are mad that SNK isn't as well known as they thought it was.

Phoenix and Dante would be amazing. They’d have a way better moveset than the guy who’s most notable moves are punching fire and speaking engrish.

>TERRY BAD threads pop up around the same time, every day, in rapid succession

Seethe harder smashfag, one of the best feelings from smash is getting an obscure character so that Smash itself can introduce these obscure worlds to a more broad audience

cope bitch cope harder

Attached: 6c6d3a050d63d5d81a80077cdca5207e.png (174x179, 70K)

no it's just people trying to shit on smash
no one is upset about this inclusion so they're desperate to change that

Dumb thread. Smashfags don't play the games the characters are from most of the time.

i want to have sex with him and i only ever used him in fatal fury special
i guess you have a problem with homosexuality? kind of weird because you are pretty gay yourself

I honestly don't blame them with the about 6 rosterfag threads up at all times. This shit isn't going to stop anytime soon either.

>I can't false flag
it's like you don't know who other m user is

HEY YOU
HEY C'MON C'MON
GET SERRIUS
*whistles*
BABY BABY
ARE YOU OKAY?
SAHRE
ROCK YOU
OKAY
OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

you're right user, we need more political bait and waifu threads

>>Fanboys pretend like they are devout players of said literal who game
They always do that. Smash nigger will say every character Sakurai add is the best pick ever. They are the most obnoxious fuckers on the planet.

How am I trolling? I haven't even insulted anyone. From my first post I called him a good inclusion, and see why Terry fans would be upset by the unnecessary and unwarranted backlash. A generalization is not an argument. Present to me the attempts at refuting the claims of obscurity towards Ridley, K. Rool, Simon, Isabelle, Joker, Banjo, and Hero, and you'd see they're all different. So just saying that characters have people who object to their inclusions every time is not a valid argument in refuting the claim that Terry is obscure and isn't relevant to the conversation. You are telling yourself comforting lies.

>guys trust me, even without evidence
use an archive to prove your point nigga

There are characters that I wanted before terry, but I'm not gonna be mad at his inclusion because he's cool. And yes, I have played his game.
Unlike you, I play more than just the most bog standard AAA games zoomie

Attached: 1449194296853.png (304x219, 56K)

I was hoping that people could make threads in which we discuss video games, but nobody here actually wants to talk about smash's gameplay. Yea Forums is a strictly rosterfag board.

Holy shit that posture.

I agree rosterfags are cancer, I want to discuss the gameplay damn it

But the point is that meaningful obscure additions aren't bad

what kind of fucking jabroni calls himself "gamer" or says "I know about games" and doesnt know what SNK is?
faggot, its a vidya board.

Attached: 1522632754940.jpg (700x525, 231K)

There is 0 reason to play old fighting games with dead communities like SNK. Go play a game where you can actually fight a real person online grandpa.

>He didnt grew up with an arcade near him
what a loser, also, older fighting games are better than your average new fighting game

>game centered around key characters from video game history fighting each other. A literal celebration of video game history.
>game that has ice climbers, game and watch, pacman, fucking ROM in it
>snk's literal mascot character is too obscure for smash players
So all we really learned is smashtards are too retarded to even understand the game that they're playing.

I dont care, more DLC is coming so hes just whatever
people need to let this go already

Attached: 1534376479246.png (846x651, 322K)

>As bootleg Street Fighter
And Banjo-Kazooie was just a bootleg of SM64, yet you fags were excited when that furbait got announced.

Did you just imply that fucking pac man is as obscure as the ice climbers? Pac's literally like top 3 most iconic vidya characters of all time

>still seethin'
Love it

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-05-11-53-36-1.png (2254x1421, 618K)

That's the entire point, Terry bogard is only obscure if you're a child who never grew up in arcades. Or let alone touched a neogeo. Smash is a game about icons, Terry is an ICON and a literal company mascot for a company that still makes games. The idea that he doesn't belong in smash is absurd if not baffling unless you're either too young or too ignorant of video game history.

There is no way this can be the same Smashfags asking for obscure shit from Nintendos library as DLC complaining about Terry

stay mad haha

I played KoF my entire childhood. I wanted Terry.

there is this nerd barrier that only exists around nintendo fans where they think they are the only gaming fanbase that exists but the reality is everyone outside that fanbase is equally as confused about their stupid picks like pinochle or some bear or a generic blob with hat and spear, the kiddy kind of characters you'd think only 6 year olds would be entertained by, but these nintendo nerds are legal age adults
they are the same kind of people who love thomas the tank engine and such for some reason at their age and they wonder why people are so uptight about their weird interests
when is quentin and his diamond dogs coming back

Attached: stephen_grant-300x242.jpg (300x242, 13K)

Save your zoomer rage for when Porky gets in.

Attached: 1552444700195.png (4752x2207, 3.96M)

wow you guys were really upset about that

I wanted an SNK character and of that this was my second pick. I played almost every KOF game to some degree and I always main Terry.

Be real the reason Joker got a bigger reception was a Persona rep was considered unlikely and was in a recent popular game.
No one was excited because of Interest.

Marco and Terry. No way was the secondary character from Samurai Showdown making it.

Prior to Awakening, it was.

Don't hate swords for being cool.

I'm hoping that since KOF/FF are big on making new versions of songs for each game that Smash gets stuff like Arashi no Saxaphone Smash Edition either instead of or in addition to straight rips.

Attached: USA Samus.png (873x852, 603K)

the same people who hate terry are the same people who go
>BUT PLEASE GIVE US GENO SOCCERGUY PLEASE WE'VE DESERVED IT SINCE BRAWL
also fuck ashleyfags and shantaefags, you dorks aren't exempt from this.

Attached: 1568163109513.png (158x49, 6K)

It's sad to see how far we've fallen where people have to pretend to be excited over Banjo or Terry.

Sonic, Mega Man and Simon Belmont were the only characters that needed to be added Smash after Melee. Everyone else is niche bloat.

I waned him, also any other chr from a know fighting game
Sol would be dope

I think Segata Shinshiro should be in Smash.

I don't even play smash, but mentally deficient retards keep making threads like this and I just have to come cause talking shit became a habit of mine and honestly you faggots deserve it I honestly hate your fanbase cause you fuck up the entirety of this board every time some new char gets added to smash, fuck you, fuck smash, and fuck Nintendo

People calling Terry obscure is making me feel super old.
There are no arcades where I am from and thus there was a complete lack of the arcade culture you might associate SNK with, and everyone still knew who Terry was.

The games had console ports. Even back in the day. Then there was emulation. Back in the day people used to emulate fucking everything just because it was possible if anything. People knew of Terry.

(OP)
Hahaha! The faggot ,dabbing, malnourished, flossing, gay as fuck generation are crying because their stupid, gay steven universe characters didnt make it in. Keep crying you troglydyte, faggot ass little cock suckers!! HahahahahHahaha!!!!!

Attached: based_eireboy_0.jpg (750x556, 39K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_video_game_franchises
Pac-man
>43 million copies sold
>14.07 billion grossed

>Terry
>not on the list
>not on the list
Please for the sake of everyone, never do something as stupid or insulting as comparing Terry to Pacman ever again.

Not this shit again

Wtf Pacman is above Witcher, how is that piece of casual garbage that successful, above the best rpg series damn

>A CHARACTER IS ONLY A GOOD ADDITION IF HE'S WELL KNOWN
Then why is Yea Forums cumming over the mere idea of this obscure VN character getting into Smash?

Attached: shittycharacter.jpg (600x444, 36K)

because he's well known by Yea Forums and he's fucking based

He's more obscure than Terry though.

Well according to the above-posted list, he's got sales rivaling that of DOOM, which is another popular request. 7.1 million and I guarantee you whatever wikipedia lists is somewhat outdated. That being said Doom only has five-ish games over the span of 25 years whereas AA has eleven in 18. Also sales aren't everything anyway. He's very closely associated with Nintendo, after all, and has been a fixture of their handheld games.

What's the least successful >ongoing< franchise in Smash anyway?

Going purely by sales it'd probably be Bayonetta, but she only has two games over a ten year span. If you try to gauge with sales-to-games ratio it's probably Fatal Fury/King of Fighters.

However we also can't really gauge the success of arcades back in the day, then consider fighting games tend to have DLC, and how the budgets of the games probably aren't that high, and it gets murkier.

Can someone please fucking murder OP?

No one gave a fuck about Tirry, only Sans.

Holy shit Pheonix does actually make the list, what a surprise.

I'm pretty surprised he surpasses the Mana franchise all things considered.

1. He is not an obscure pick
2. SNK is a legacy company and Fatal Fury is a legacy fighting game franchise
3. Terry Bogard is the face of FF and KOF plus he's the face of SNK
4. Smash since its inception was built as a nostalgia celebration of Nintendo's IPs
5. Now that they are allowing tons of third party characters, it only makes sense they would include Terry Bogard

Fuck off now zoomer. Zoom away.

So it flopped

>Claim character is obscure
>NO HE ISN'T, YOUR A ZOOMER
k. Do you have any actual facts? Or are you just mad? Fighting games as a whole are obscure. Terry wasn't even at any of the games at Evo 2019. If you don't make it to THE fighting game tournament then you aren't popular, you're just a meme remembered by a bunch of boomers who haven't played a game in 30 years.

If Terry Bogard is obscure what does that make characters like the Ice Climbers?

>Terry wasn't even at any of the games at Evo 2019.

Fucking lol, shut up kid and get smacked.

youtube.com/watch?v=95qmss7lxJg

wanted Mai personally, maybe when CERO grannies stop being anal we'll get her

Attached: mai shiranui.png (783x621, 556K)

I guess goku was obscure until a few years ago, damn

I'm going to say those Doom figures are way outdated. Doom 4 had already neared 4 million in sales before the year was over. Doom 1 and 2 combined selling 4 million was a known fact, in 199fucking9. This apparently didn't count any console releases.

>Evo: Japanese fanfiction edition
Lmao. Grasping at straws my dude.

Obscure.
What kind of question is this?

Are you legitimately retarded?

Ice Climbers has a lifetime sale of 1,500,000M. I wonder if King of Fighters has surpassed that when the highest selling game in the KoF franchise doesn't break 350K

>If you don't make it to THE fighting game tournament then you aren't popular
Even that's a pretty generous statement given that half the games at EVO only receive any attention at all for those one or two days because they're coat tailing off EVO's and other games' notoriety.

Goku isn't unknown even in conventions which are big for the niche he is in (anime). KOF is. a bunch of retarded Reddit tourists don't realize that trying to be elete by calling everyone else a zoomer and claiming to be a member of some exclusive elite club won't earn them karma, just makes them look like history revisionists, and the attempt is obvious as fuck.

You are the one claiming fighting games are obscure moron. Don't try pretending you didn't say so. Before Melee nobody knew who the fuck Ice Climbers were since they were only in one extremely niche NES game that few ever bought.

KoF has a lot of games to be fair, it has probably reached those numbers.

You sperging out over it like a fucking idiot is only making you look like a retard, user. Terry’s been a meme on Yea Forums since it was created.

That wasn't me. I'm just answering your question. Terry is obscure, Ice climbers is obscure.

NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
I PLAYED IT ONCE AT A FRIENDS HOUSE WHEN I WAS 7 SO IT MUST HAVE SOLD BILLIONS.
I'M A BOOMER I SWEAR. I'M A MEMBER OF THE ELITE CLUB. PLEASE GIVE ME KARMA

Fatal Fury and KOF absolutely passed those sales. Also where are you factoring in those sales? Are they pre digital downloads? Because its guaranteed to be lower without dd. You are grasping at anything you can when you know I utterly blew you the fuck out in the first post. Keep making shit points after shit points.

I used to play KOF13 on PS3 when I was in highschool but I never liked Terry. He was boring compared to the others. They should have added Athena.

Attached: 421D5800-039E-49B7-BDE1-2C008700985F.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

I'm not even that guy but wtf are you even saying? He answered your whataboutism and it turns out it's meaningless.

>TFW people are deluding themselves into believe Phoenix is more popular than Terry
L O L!

zoomers eternally btfo by based terry chadgard

Ice Climbers would be way more obscure than Terry Bogard. Especially before they ever got put into Smash Bros. Smash is a series built on Nintendo's legacy, this includes even their more obscure games such as Ice Climber. They are now building Smash with third party inclusions. So it only makes plenty of sense that they would include a legacy character from gaming's early years who has been in tons of games, crossovers and fits right in with the series nostalgic identity it had since the very first smash.

I'm done here, get fucking rekt. You zoomers mad at Terry is too hilarious and shows your massive ignorance. Don't worry you'll maybe get one of your shitty inclusions in the next DLC.

>Smashfags of all fucking people actually winning the argument
The absolute state of SNKfags.

Attached: 1501904164037.jpg (540x438, 46K)

you know that a character being obscure isn't a bad thing, right? Terry is obscure, but there's nothing wrong with that. Obscure characters can still get into smash.

Bruh look at this dude

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-163310276_1.jpg (1080x482, 60K)

Oh no no no
Reddit tourists absolutely seething.

How are they winning? What exactly is the argument here? Pit and Ice Climbers weren't even on anyone's radar of being known before they got put into Smash. Oh is it okay simply because its Nintendo? Oh I guess it is isn't it with you Nintendo neckbeards? What I don't get is who in the hell would you fags even want in place of Terry anyways that was sooo important?

>Ice Climbers would be way more obscure than Terry Bogard.
Yeah definitely. That doesn't mean he's not obscure. You guys are so focused on proving OP's bait wrong because he's saying obscure is bad but you can't prove that obscure isn't obscure.

>Terry is obscure

Not known like Street Fighter characters but he's hardly obscure. He's only obscure to children and young 20 year olds. Capcom has did crossovers with SNK. It ain't nobodies fault but youngfag zoomers that they didn't know who Terry was.

NORMIE SALES ARE WHAT MATTER, LET'S ADD FORNITE TO SMASH

Games that sell well need to appeal to normies. Gaming icons are the ones known by the core gamer crowd as an important series to the art form

Attached: 1511405829269.jpg (240x240, 11K)

>Ice Climbers would be way more obscure than Terry Bogard.
Okay...? I never said otherwise. Ice Climbers is more obscure. They're both obscure.

>Bro where do I login to claim the accumulated karma from my posts. I called people zoomers without thinking at least seven times, that's gotta be with at least 1k karma
Please fuck off.

What is funny about her is she definitely would have went over a lot better with them simply because boobs. They should put her in too.

>What exactly is the argument here?
Terry is obscure
>Pit and Ice Climbers weren't even on anyone's radar before they got put into Smash
Well Pit was but yes those are obscure characters, still not really relevant. Obscure characters are perfectly fine.
>Oh is it okay simply because it's Nintendo
It's okay for obscure characters to get in. Especially if they're from influential franchises like Terry's.
>Who the hell would you fags even want
Not really relevant. Nothing I've said about Terry comes from a place of discontent or a feeling that he's stolen anything from anyone.

>They're both obscure.

To zoomers Terry is. Not to people with knowledge of fighting games or most who grew up in the 90s playing fighters. Next you are going to tell me fighting games were niche obscure games in the 90s despite their massive popularity in arcades.

>Not really relevant.

Yes it absolutely is relevant. I'd like to know from these people who exactly is so much more important that should have gotten in. In fact I'd like to see someone name five 3rd party characters that deserved to get in more but also not from a franchise already represented like Sonic or MGS.

>to zoomers
and that's the big picture of it all, SNK went on a shit hiatus and pahcinko shit for a long time, do you think maybe if they kept making games maybe terry wouldn't be considered obscure? or will you just admit that Terry is obscure in general.

gaming as a whole was obscure in the 90's retard.
>talking about fucking arcades when trying to prove a character isn't irrelevent trash
lmao. the beatles were so popular on record players. they're in i guess.

Why would that matter? I think Terry is a good addition. It's not relevant if I don't feel like there are characters who absolutely need to be in over him right now.

Can i ask something? Why is Sakurai obligated to only include characters that people "ask" for?

If he just added shit people asked for we would have trash characters like Geno, Waluigi and Goku in the game instead of based characters like Hero, R.O.B. and Game and Watch.

Honestly, in a game that already has nearly 80 characters in it, you guys seem entitled when you act like you still aren't satisfied with the characters in the game.

SNK was known and made plenty of fun games all throughout the 90's. They were even relevant in the early 2000 years. What I find funny about this all is you fags will make the same arguments you accuse boomers of making once your favorite franchises are suddenly forgotten by younger people and when younger people shit on them in the same way.

Crash
Hayabusa
Doomguy
Sans
not a fan but also Steve

Imagine circle jerking Melee but not knowing CvS2

The groups of people who actually got good at fighting games were still an extreme minority of fans of a medium that wouldn't even hit mainstream for another ten years.

so you're saying history repeats itself. then what's the point of zoomers and boomers buzzwords if it's all meaningless?

Reminder that not a single Fire Emblem game even released outside of Japan before Marth and Roy showed up in Melee

Is that a platform fighter with percentage mechanic and good fluid movement or is it shit like a traditional fighter?

how many arcades do you think there are?

Well at least they can provide decent sales figures to people unfamiliar with the characters lmao.

Fair post but I'll say this.
>Crash
He's way WAY too associated with Sony. Also considering Sony is making a sequel to their rip off Smash game I'm pretty sure they already got him locked for their game.
>Hayabusa
Good choice but his Xbox look is the more iconic look at this point. NG is also a pretty violent series and from what I have seen Smash has very little characters from M rated games. Snake and who else?
>Doomguy
Definitely not happening. Master Chief has a better chance and makes way more sense anyways plus is a better fit for Smash.
>Sans
He's in
>Steve
This would also make sense to be included.

>All the fags in this thread who haven’t at least seen one of THE BEST anime movies of all time

Attached: 10716B6D-C710-4A4F-90C5-C3D41ADD57EA.jpg (290x431, 166K)

Now you are seriously grasping for straws. I'm not going to answer you no more. Fighting games were huge back then and then actually declined big time for awhile before resurging again and now having some stable popularity today.

Is it actually good?

Nah when I was a kid we weren't shitting on old shit the way zoomers today do. Its a generation z thing.

agreed. i remember him thanks to Fatal Fury movies a saw as a kid
youtu.be/c9s_fB3hrU4

>best selling

How do I copy his style? He looks great

>based on the best selling video game

n-no you delete this right now!

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 55K)

you see mai's nipples and cameltoe so yeah

>not being happy for fatal fight fans even if you are disappointed that someone you wanted didn't get the spot
i don't care about the series, but it's cool that people who do can have this character.

I concur

steroids

Torrenting right now

Correct me if I'm wrong but Mai or it was another girl strips naked and lays on Terry or Andy to heal from being unconscious right? I saw this so long ago, I should check it out again.

Hell yeah it is. Never even played the games, but I’ve seen this countless times, and it’s fantastic.

>the only thing that matters with games are how many copies it sells because I’m a corporate fuck hole please rape my face

can someone please add a fucking ear to this wojak, how are the glasses staying on his face?

there's this thing called glue look it up

Get ready for SSSSUUUUUULLLLLIIIIAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Literally any character added to Smash would cause some form of unfathomable outrage.
Smash thrives off of outrage culture, there is no "one true character" who will be showered with infinite praise and no shitflinging whatsoever.

No you dont understand if the characters I like dont make it they are gonna get shit on for a decade by stinky smash fans

Attached: 1550897284999.gif (353x353, 660K)

Nah, I'm not a retard so if a series is actually obscure enough by that time that people would understably not know it, I'll recognize that and helpfully encourage them to check it out instead of berating them for not knowing it.

check out this zoomer

Now, in his defense, OP did set the tone for the conversation.

>KOF
>Obscure.
>When it was and still quite popular fighting game.
>The whole shtick behind smash invite come from KOF and literally being the inspiration behind the damn game.

For the fucks sake.

Attached: KOFXIII-StoryMode-2.png (1920x946, 875K)

>gaming as a whole was obscure in the 90's retard.
What the fuck is your point then, that it shouldn't be mentioned at all because gaming was smaller back then?

Terrys love interest gets in her underwear.

>gaming as a whole was obscure in the 90's retard
Holy FUCK your underage is showing. Why don’t you go find a Borderlands thread or something more your speed

Attached: F9345F13-D924-430E-8FEA-ABA7BC818304.gif (500x338, 350K)

It’s the truth

Attached: 275910BC-6586-4367-820B-9E9BEDD32ACC.jpg (4096x2680, 2.69M)

Attached: zooom.png (414x327, 33K)

>gaming as a whole was obscure in the 90's
you're insane

Smart individual. At this point no character will make everyone happy.
Last but not least, Terry isn't obscure to ANY fighting game fan with a little interest in something else than Street Fighter.

Wise user too .

OOOH ANGEL

>gaming as a whole was obscure in the 90's retard.
you took things too far with this argument man

What are you talking about? Jerry was my most wanted character. I love King of Fury.

so THAT'S why zoomers hate terry. their e-celebs don't play his games.

>best fighting games players are mexican
>snk was fuckhuge in mexico not many years ago
Are you retarded?

>Mai, the main heroine of Fatal Fury and Geese, the main villain of Fatal Fury are added to DoA and Tekken respectively
>widespread hype and excitement, extremely popular characters in the games
>Terry, the main hero of Fatal Fury is added to Smash
>Who the fuck is Terrance Booger?
Smashbabies are our greatest mistake

>literal porn game over smash and marvel vs capcom
Come on dude, even my fucking grandpa knows about kof
That list is steaming dogshit

It should have been Marco from Metal Slug. Overall Terry as a choice is inoffensive but likely to be boring.

>Nobody wanted this character.

Attached: steve-jobs-quote.jpg (800x358, 21K)

>fuck metal slug fags
Cringe. Why are terryfags so unbased?

The way you put it makes me regret I ever even took the time out of my day trying to reason with these idiots in a few threads now. Smash fans are the worst.

>this thread

Attached: fuccboi.png (1177x962, 304K)

This. Even Earthbound and Fire Emblem chars shouldn't be included.
But fighting game-wise Terry is not obscure. Anyone who have entered a arcade game joint have played KoF before. 97, 98, 2002... anyone of them really.
If Terry is obscure for the people who play Smash nothing can be added anymore. These people only know Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.
We are talking about a char that appears in two franchises and is the protag of an anime movie.

Attached: 1566690474008.gif (320x235, 1.39M)

Spbp
Rosterfags especially deserve to be laughed at and mocked endlessly for being such obvious secondaries

No

>tfw born 3 days before 94

it's just not an appealing game. Just a messy inbetween of Street Fighter and Tekken

I'm awful at fighting games but I'm really looking forward to seeing how they bring in a character from a game that asks for more technical prowess than Smash does like they did for Street Fighter.

God i want Terry to sit on my face

have you ever played a video game before user? You need to expand your horizons.

Attached: pathetic.png (432x398, 9K)

>"pls take smash seriously, we're a real fighting game too guis"
>"WHO THE LITERAL FUCK IS TERRY BOGARD SOME FUCKING STREET FIGHTER KNOCK OFF DOESN'T BELONG IN SMASH WHERE'S STEVE MINECRAFT, WHERE'S WALUIGI, THOSE ARE REAL CHARACTERS PEOPLE WANT"
Wonder why Smashfags aren't taken seriously when this is their reaction when actual fighting games get involved.

Attached: 1564329043055m.jpg (794x1024, 77K)

why do smashfags like to loudly proclaim they're newfags like ti's something to be proud of?
Do you fags literally read ONLY on smash threads or something?
How did you miss the tons of "haha" threads recently, or the massive debacle over the graphics of kof 14, or missed all the pixel art threads that ALWAYS include a gif of mai shiranui?

>tons of "haha" threads recently,
i try to ignore that annoying spam
>the massive debacle over the graphics of kof 14
never heard of it
>all the pixel art threads that ALWAYS include a gif of mai shiranui
I mean sure, I even have it saved but it's just a sexy sprite to me, nothing more. didn't even know where she was from till Terry got in and I was like "ooooooh so that's where it's from"

>Not being a gamer
>Retarded

goes to show

hold the L, smashfag. The fightingchads are talking.

Attached: 1564724147270.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

I'm the person that knows who Terry is, but still don't really give a shit because Sakurai will half-ass it and make Joker seem like a joke compared to the real king of similarities when put right next to Ken.

Also, there's nothing extraordinary about his moveset that distinguishes him from the fighters that we do already have, unless Sakurai shoves a gimmick you'll either like or hate right into his ass to make him stand out.

his specials are better at beating short hops than ryu's or ken's, and his moveset in general fits smash's gameplay better than the SF characters do.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0kufx74Io
Anybody here, in Yea Forums, who thinks fucking Kajetokun is obscure, is a fucking newfag who deserved to get gassed.