Claiming others' credit

What is he responsible in games? Graphics, artstyle, sound? Because those are made by others not him.

Attached: _87041607_gettyimages-hideokojima.jpg (976x549, 62K)

i dont think you understand what a video game director does

he's the visible face of the project, retard.

did you just figure out that directors don't actually do that stuff?

he's responsible for coming up with retarded ideas his team has to stop him from shoehorning in the games

he's the idea guy that goes around approving what the actual game devs create

i think he does. this guy is able to include his own name over 7 times in a game's credits, excluding the literal software house's name. it's canceraids.

This.

Nothing wrong with people being credited multiple times for different things they've done. He's not the only one, Shinkawa always gets like five credits for various shit too.

Spend money on expensive meals with celebrities.

>creating strand system
>it's actually just like dark soul
what a fraud

kojima hasn't made a good game since 2001

fpbp

putting a bunch of talented people together in an office doesn't mean they'll make anything worthwhile

glorified ideas guy

He is responsible of the soul

Attached: 1559733997480.png (412x594, 461K)

30 IQ thread

Do you think programmers, artists, etc are psychic?
Directors exist to give a coherent vision to a game. Otherwise it would be a clusterfuck of random conflicting ideas, assets, and mechanics.

It’s painfully obvious you don’t comprehend how important good direction is in literally any project ever completed by more than one mind. Think about why you can tell a Kojima game from a screenshot or 5 seconds of gameplay. It’s not cause he somehow has some of the most talented devs under his thumb or anything. The fact is even an amateur can create a masterpiece with the right direction. Or let me guess you think credit for Avatar goes to the fucking cameraman

You're mostly right but I do think that surrounding yourself with the right people is an important aspect of directing.

this is how directors work in every medium

Gameplay, storyline

Fucking this. Just look at any game made by EA in the last 13 years

Kojima is fucking based. The sheer intellect and charisma he oozes dwarfs your entire existence. The Alpha of Awe. The Brute of Brawn. The Cultivator of Class. The Duke of Domination. The Emperor of Eloquence. The Fiercest of Fighters. The Greatest of Glory. The Height of Heroism. The Imperator of Intellectualism. The Jarl of Justice. The King of Knights. The Lord of Loquaciousness. The Master of Mortality. The Naysayer of Noobs. The Overlord of Obituaries. The Prince of Passion. The Que-hagen of Quixote. The Ruler of Ruination. The Sultan of Smite. The Taskmaster of Trembles. The Undertaker of Ubiquity. The Vaeyen of Vociferousness. The Warranter of Weaklings. The Xenophobe of Xenogeny. The Yardmaster of Yesteryear. The Zhar of Zoroastrianism.

THE INDOMITUS REX
THE ALPHA OF ALPHAS
THE KING OF KINGS
THE LORD OF LORDS
THE JUSTICIAR OF JUSTICE
THE TALLEST OF THE TALL

CHADJIMA THE BASED
APEXPREDATORjima the MASCULINE
GRIPjima the CRUSHING
INSURMOUNTABLEjima the UNSURPASSABLE
INDOMITABLEjima the UNYIELDING
AESTHETICjima the BEAUTIFUL
SWOLEjima the RIPPED
TANKjima the RESOLUTE
PHYSICALLYIMPOSINGjima the INTIMIDATING
GLAREjima the DOMINEERING
JUGGERNAUGHTjima the UNSTOPPABLE
DISCIPLINEDjima the ENLIGHTENED
ZENjima the SPIRITUAL
POTENTjima the VIRILE
ALMIGHTYjima the INVINCIBLE
VALORjima the DAUNTLESS
IMPERIOUSjima the DOMINATOR
INVICTUSjima the ETERNAL
MAELSTROMjima the TITANIC
QUAKEjima the SPACE-TIME SHAKING
COLOSSUSjima the LEVIATHAN
BEHEMOTHjima the MASTODONIC
MONSTERjima the TERRIFYING
LORDjima the KING
DEITYjima the CHRIST
CRIMSONjima the LEGEND
SUPERNOVAjima the TRANSIENT
JIMACHAD THE KO
KOCHAD THE JIMA
JIMACHAD THE CHAD
KINGCHAD THE LORDBASED
THE CHAD OF CHADS
ENCHAD CHADJIMA
CHADCHAD CHADCHAD CHA CHAD

ENTER KOJIMA

Attached: CHADJIMA.jpg (1242x1525, 151K)

Yeah dude having a group of pros definetly increases quality but it alone won’t make a product look at hundreds of games with huge budgets that had garbage direction (Mass Effect Andromeda and Dragon Age Inquisition comes to mind) then think about the games with god tier direction but little talent behind the game (Think Team ICO’s games). Which would you rather waste your time on?

In Andromeda's case it was actually made by the inexperienced B/C team and the notoriously bad animations were outsourced.

(the real) God has joined the server

Attached: 1567731748410.jpg (550x692, 123K)

As a person named chad that’s ugly out of shape and has no game I hate that meme

Attached: the virgin kojima.png (2518x1024, 337K)

What is he responsible in movies? Graphics, artstyle, sound? Because those are made by others not him.

Attached: 330px-KubrickForLook_(cropped).jpg (330x495, 40K)

You missed Anthem, the perfect example of what happens when a big team with a huge budget has little to no direction.

You’re just remembering the memes it’s a reason the animations and bugs got fixed but the game never recovered.

You’re right I agree

what's it like being a rabid fanboy?

Yeah, really. FUCK DIRECTORS. What do they even do? Did Lucas build the set for the death star? did he even star in any lightsaber choreography? I mean come on. Did James cameron render ANY of the cgi from Avatar? He didn't even lay on the couch naked while Leo painted him like one of his french roasties and yet he STILL gets to plaster his name all over the final product. And don't even get me started on Miyazaki; retard had to PAY SOMEBODY to rig the animation for the Moonlight Butterfly model. Fucking hacks.

Attached: image.jpg (417x443, 239K)

What's it like being retarded?

it wery fun

why did they kill him again?

is his hair real

you realize yoji fucking shinkawa is his right hand man??? these guys probably jam all week

Because he was too strong. He made the first three MGS games what they were. And once he was gone, they have never recreated anything nearly as good.

That's different, he's right there literally controlling all of those elements and personally directing the actors. In Kojima's case other people design the gameplay, the UI, write the dialogue, do literally everything. Kojima is more of a taskmaster than a 'director'.

>yoji shinkawa
He's just the fucking artist and character/mech VISUAL designer.
Tomokazu Fukushima was the real brains behind what made the MGS trilogy kino. Notice the games got shit after Fukushima left, yet Shinkawa was still there. Clearly Shinkawa wasn't enough to save the franchise from itself.

Attached: 1517389205443.png (296x281, 98K)

Comes up with a basic premise for a story and then fucks off to schmooze with C list celebrities. He has zero input on game design, he probably hasn't played a videogame in 25 years. He makes it very clear his inspiration and ideas comes purely from films

Kubrick had other people write screenplays, design sets, costumes, cinematography. It's the same shit, no director of films or games controls literally everything. They're leading a team.

They still get paid

Fukushima was just a writer and none of the games have good writing. This meme is the dumbest shit.

Try again when you're older.

Try thinking for yourself instead of parroting bullshit you heard from retards on an image board you literal child.

That's exactly what you're doing. I bet you've never even played through all of the games and just love to contrarian shitpost.

Attached: 1505672806149.png (554x400, 87K)

Writing the story, directing cutscenes and management. Without people like Kojima you get Ubisoft and EA that have thousands of talented developers yet haven't produced a single good game in the last decade.

I just think having an artist like that to rif with probably really helps Kojima's ideas alot more

>no u
Epic. I was playing MGS before you were born and never even said I dislike the games. I'm just sick of you memespouting faggots. Fukushima's a nobody and they're all poorly written yet entertaining games.

I'm not saying he didn't help or didn't do a good job, but he didn't really design how his artistic creations interacted on screen, the plot, character development, etc.
So his artwork is probably among the better aspects within the shittier MGS games.
I just don't think he deserve credit, good or bad, for how MGS plays, plot, character motives, etc.

That's the point of being the director. You don't code, but you decide how stuff will feel, you don't pick the pencil and draw, but you decide how it will look, you don't play the guitar, but you decide how the music plays out.

Think of it as designing a building. The guy who had the idea of how the building would be isn't in the crew of people putting one brick on top of the other.

Attached: 69.jpg (1280x1264, 103K)

Is he really dead?

Could compare him with literally anyone else, but had to be with a failed filmmaker. Kojimbo games have way too much cutscenes, but at least there is something resembling gameplay between them.

David Cage games even got ported to PC, and I didn't bother pirating. My PC can play movies direct from the file, I have no need of making my PC render them by itself.

I don't believe so, but he completely disappeared from the industry. So I think "dead" is just a meme.

didn't lucas stole the idea from someone else and took all the credit ?