I never really got it, but why are some people willing to pay 50€/$/whatever more, just to play online...

I never really got it, but why are some people willing to pay 50€/$/whatever more, just to play online? I mean you pay for YOUR Internet and (mostly) full price for a new game. Not to forget that you pay the fucking console. I get it, you get some games for free every month, but these are not worth at all.

Attached: Switch-Compare-796x417.jpg (796x417, 26K)

Random question.
What "Generation" are the Wii U and Switch in respectively? I'm unsure if the Switch should be considered Next Gen or Current Gen, since the Wii U released at the same time as the Xbox One and PS4. Unless the "Xbox One X" and the PS4 equivalent are being considered as the "Next Gen" too.

Traditional console generations are becoming obsolete now that most technical innovation is done on PC. Also nintendo has been playing by their own rules since the wii.

I would say next gen, because of the timeline

So would the Xbox One X (and PS4 Pro [i think that's the name]) be considered Next Generation as well? Or since they're an extension of the Xbox One and PS4 they're still current generation,and the PS5 and Xbox whatever will be the true next gen?

Because people are dumb and still think about paying for "server". At the end, they still get confused about host migration in CoD

Actually good question

I would say thats its just a small upgrade and dont count as an own generation

Thanks
That sounds like a logical choice, thanks

Consolefags love taking it up the ass.

I honestly can't understand.

Attached: 1568364505532.png (2604x2160, 595K)

Server infrastructure costs money to maintain. The only reason it's "free" on pc is because steam takes a 30% cut from devs, so you're still ultimately paying for it.

Wii U is the same generation as the base PS4 and Xbox one, Switch is the same generation as the PS4 pro and Xbox one X.

>now that most technical innovation is done on PC.

So you mean exactly like for the past 30 years?

I like to play fighting games, but i hate to pay monthly just to play online on a ps4. If i want to pay someone, just to get some hatemails from bad scrubs, i go to tunngle

I hate it but it's not like PC where you have 3rd party servers run by other people who absorb the hosting costs a lot of the time and make official hosting a negligible cost. At least, that used to be a lot more common, that seems to be going away, too for PC for some games opting to only allow official servers.

I deal with the Switch's online price because 20 a year is dirt fucking cheap. But also with PC, official hosted servers are expected unlike console online. Xbox live started the trend of charging for it. If you want to blame anyone for this shit, blame M$ and also Sony because even though Sony had free PSN for the PS3, they failed to provide a better service than Xbox so M$ had no reason to drop their prices or go free.

>he actually pays full price for Switch online
make some damn friends

Wii is a Gamecube 2.0 it's PS2 gen

Wii U is PS3/360 gen

Siwtch is a portable Wii U it's old gen

I use it to play with my friends since they're far away, retard. I'm not defending paid online by any means. But 20 a year is fucking nothing. I have lunches that cost more than that.

I meant that you should get a family plan with your friends. I'm only paying $5 for my online.

I don't pay anything. One of the many perks of being on the #1 console(PS4)

So you dont play online, your mother pays it for you or you leech it from one of your friend

Paid online service is bullshit but I'll pay up because my enjoyment is more important than my pride.

This is wrong. For one game servers are super cheap and have only gotten cheaper. Games had free online long before Steam was even a thing let alone standard and it was still free. Typically the money you spent on the game upon purchase is enough to cover the surver upkeep for the estimated lifespan of the game as it is.
>b-but wow
WoW came really late, was always an exception as opposed to the rule and was always but one game. Even then the reason the idea that WoW's subscriptions were needed to pay for the servers ever held water to begin with, is simply because the game was otherwise free and wasn't necessary to be purchased beforehand.

Then of course there is the detail that is simply that the vast, vast majority of all games are some variant of peer to peer and don't rely on servers to begin with.
When you're paying for say, PS+, you aren't paying for any damn servers let alone any that improves your game experience.

Stop falling the scam.

> Getting robbed
> Ill give up my pride
Get some life you pathetic idiot

Because there's only so much energy a human can direct at getting upset, and losing sleep over 20 bucks a year isn't really worth it for me

Don’t buy multiplayer games it’s as easy as that. But if you have to play cod 34 or whatever just buy a month and get your fill and stop.

Because people are braindead NPCs.

Wii U, PS4, and XBox 1 all launched within a year so are same gen (8th)
Nintendo are probably going to start staggering console releases against MS and Sony though, launching in the middle a gen

paying for ps+ is a rip off and sucks ass, but there is no other way to play bloodborne online so

Gen 8.5, along with PS4Pro and XboneX