Https://www.sourcegaming.info/2019/09/11/sakurai-talks-more-about-smash-ultimate-dlc-development/

>Still, with all of these costly achievements, requests for other fighters to join the battle don’t stop. Because of the characters in a product like this, you wonder who it doesn’t have.
So, we're getting most wanted characters coming as DLC fighters in ssbu just like how ssb4 has Roy (FE), Mewtwo, and Lucas (all of which are most wanted by fans) returning as DLC fighters?

Attached: whoaitsaheader[1].png (1150x647, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WvVp_OXmF78
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i was just thinking we needed another smash thread

I don't want any video game characters that don't have a appearance in smash at all to be newcomers.

Geno
Isaac
Shadow
Chorus Kids
Mach Rider

Crash, Dante, Shantae, Lloyd, and either Rayman or Doomguy, depending on whether Nintendo gets cold feet about all them guns.

grinchfags still seething all these months later

Reminder that popularity polls aren't everything
If Nintendo picked the DLC primarily by popularity polls from rosterfags, we would never have Terry and Joker
I'm not trying to say they don't have impact, its just that they aren't a guarantee
If popularity polls meant everything, Isaac wouldn't be an assist

Attached: 1540169331347.png (528x501, 293K)

>Shadow
Does anybody besides sonic autists want this character?

We're getting Reimu.

Attached: 1568388920283.jpg (481x337, 53K)

>Isaac with a Felix echo

I fucking hate rosterfagging, but give me Isaac and I can at least cope with the fact we haven't had a game in almost 10 years or that it was soulless trash.

Golden Sun Remaster/Remake for Switch fucking when.

Attached: tumblr_n1p025CvBB1qlzy0so1_r11_1280.jpg (936x1175, 179K)

Tails deserves to be in already.

>If Nintendo picked the DLC primarily by popularity polls from rosterfags, we would never have Terry and Joker
Joker not being there automatically makes that outcome better

>because of the characters in a product like this, you wonder who it doesn’t have.

Attached: notimpressed.jpg (1775x1915, 740K)

Sakurai considers assists and spirits as representation people

I don't really want but I am kind of confused why they didn't add him as an echo. They already made a model and many animations for him as an AT and they could also reuse most if not all of sonic. Seems like it would have been as much or less work they Ken.

>Eggman gets in before your choosing

>implying it wouldn't be pic/related

Attached: Cave Story.png (1013x763, 69K)

who

Doomguy should be in Smash.

Attached: 1532707865970.jpg (125x122, 3K)

Never ever. If anyone at Nintendo had any interest in the series, he’d have been in the base game to remind people he exists. Him getting in as DLC would just be a Banjo situation, getting in because of polls rather than because any of the designers are actually interested in the series.

I’ve always held out for him as a bellweather for Camelot finally working on a new game, but after Ultimate I’m fairly convinced that there’s just nobody left at Nintendo who has any interest at all in the series.

>New smash trailer
>Sonic and Captain Falcon are having some shitty foot race
>A literal car fucking crashes into both of them, knocking them both in the air
>it's a racing car with the number "41" on it
>music starts
>DAAAAAAAAAAYTOOOOOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>Hornet gets a rolling start

Absolutely based

I want Vic Viper

The next DLC fighters are all in this image

Attached: 1540252023775.png (1174x1000, 544K)

Give me an extremely niche Nintendo character that no one knows. They don't have the balls to risk that but it'd be one hell of a big dick move.

Attached: yJDD6pC.jpg (473x303, 17K)

those are the ones i wanted besides banjo, good taste. too bad zero and shadow aren't getting in.

>If popularity polls meant everything, Isaac wouldn't be an assist

Isaacfags may not want to hear this, but that could indicate that maybe Isaac and Golden Sun just weren't as popular as they thought

>Lloyd
He's going to be a lock in the fighters pass as challenger #5.

Attached: jfdg8ry0nel31.png (1988x2266, 2.64M)

Harry from Teleroboxer and Sky Skipper

>madmen in Japan actually want Gundam
I can actually see a Domon or Master Asia if they had originated from a video game.

Attached: latest-1.jpg (600x459, 43K)

imagine being this behind and retarded

It kind of makes sense why there's so many DLC characters with copypasta movesets. 2nd DLC Pack is coming through.

How would a martial artist who pilots an 18 meter robot with a motion controlled latex body suit be out of place in Smash? It's not going to happen, but it would definitely work.

I meant the poll is fake

>Isaac scored high on the boards.
>Isaac is not really popular.

Pick one you idiot, believe it or not you are no better than the isaacfags.

Sakurai playable when?

> No Dante in NA

This is why everybody hates you fucks

Attached: 137593505136.jpg (600x800, 64K)

you're really dumb

it's made up

Because Sakurai only puts in characters from GOOD or respected games

Fake poll, ignore.

Keep in mind that this list is derived from retards spamming replies to Nintendo's tweets

Chosen Undead would be the cooler Bamco pick

The difference is Banjo was highly requested, but is still a big deal to normies.

>Lucas
>most wanted
No. He was an easy clone to make.

based chadposter

>boards
There’s your problemSo

Nah, Isaac didn't make it in as a fighter because Golden Sun is still dead.
Sakurai did the best he could for GS fans for now.

SHE'S IN BOYS

Attached: Reimu Waking Up.jpg (1007x1080, 365K)

So was Roy. Really the only unique returning veteran in 4 DLC was Mewtwo

The fact that they brought him back as an AT and gave him a Mii costume was specifically because of the ballot. The only reason he's not playable is because he doesn't have a game to shill now and Sakurai said that he's not adding characters from dead series

Well, he added in characters like Incineroar, Greninja, and Corrin, so that's clearly not true

To be fair, I've always seen Isaac high on fan polls.
I've never seen anyone from Mother in the top 5 before.

Which is exactly why it’s useless. The official ballot would have been able to filter out duplicate IPs, categorize very accurately by region, and encompassed a more thorough group of people

are all out already! better luck next time!

hoping for one of:
lara croft
master chief
doom guy

secretly wishing for pic related

Attached: Dd_ty.png (292x389, 72K)

This. He has content in smash because of fans, Sakurai just had to pick and decided he was not worth adding (especially since we got Hero in the end)

>not adding characters from dead series
>Banjo Kazooie

Attached: 1568346711650m.jpg (1024x576, 34K)

third parties don't count

It's time for Rex, they have a Xeno game to shill.

Attached: 1544596452086.jpg (1378x2039, 198K)

so the most popular ones of these are
>Sora
>Crash
>Steve
>Geno
>Doom Guy

With Dante and 2B being close behind. Do you think any of these seven would make a good pass?

Why?

Sora would legitimately make me angry.

Fucking rulefags.

Seethe

Donteh!

Fake poll...

Isaac just looks like a less interesting Hero

Because third parties have a different set of rules Sakurai works with.

Fucking rulefags.

It's far more likely that shulk gets cut in the next game than any further neptuniablade content getting in

If we ignore how much Sakurai changed him to be different from Marth, maybe.

Autism bear is an irrelevant fucker and your rulefags deserve death

I'm not the one who makes the rules, children, you need to rage at Sakurai, he's the one who made the game.

>Travis announced
>His video has Snake in it, voiced by Hayter
Why must dreams be so cruel.

Fucking rulesfags speaking on behalf of sakurai as if they know what he's thinking and how he's broken pretty much every rule prior

Shut the fuck up retard.

Lucas is arguably more distinct from Ness than Roy is from Marth

What rules did he break? Ridley was him being autistic about his size, not a rule he made. He never said Western characters can't get in because he said so.

Roy's entire playstyle is vastly different from Marth because of the sword sweetspot position, and that's without going into all the other changes and differences.

>because Golden Sun is still dead.

So where's that new Banjo-Kazooie game?

Attached: banjorenders.png (1620x541, 1M)

Gradius or Zone of the Enders?

Attached: 1519404698621.png (638x1200, 1.72M)

He has a very different spellset, and other game mechanics that could work as gimmicks. I'm not saying he would be the most interesting fighter if he made it into Smash, but there's a decent amount to work with.

There are characters I want far more than that but I couldn't possibly be mad at such a wildly absurd pick as that. I would absolutely add him to my rotation of mains.

Attached: hornet.jpg (320x240, 18K)

youtu.be/WvVp_OXmF78

Hell yeah we are
>incredibly and enduringly popular
>high potential for an incredibly weird and unique moveset
>possibly the easiest character in history to get the rights to
>cute
She's in

Is that tracer from Overwatch?

>might potentially dunk on Raymoo or Master Chef as Sam Undertale(™) next year or maybe even this year
Fucking 2hu games ugly garbage but at least well get some bangin music

guess geno, sora, crash, waluigi and doomguy are in

>Sakurai says Goku never

If there were to be an anime/manga mascot, it would be Luffy, right?
Isn't One piece the biggest non-pokemon anime/manga, in japan?

Master Chief obviously

soon

Attached: 1540909055914.gif (544x560, 438K)

Sakurai didn't say "Goku never", he said "Characters that did not originate from vidya never"

>tfw we won't get James Bond as the final dlc character

GERALT BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

bump

hi eric

so you're saying you want only characters that at some point in some form appeared in smash before in the dlc
because the way you worded it is like some kind of minimaze of words

>implying nicalis doesn't suck my dick on the reg and is too distracted from his mouth being overflooded by my giant cock to make licensing deals

Luckily for us three of them got spirited away and two are assist

i wish we never got joker.
what a fucking waste of data.

At least it's not Geno or Steve

I like Geno

Attached: 302553.png (192x192, 69K)

All memes aside I feel like Geno is the last of the big "never ever"s and actually has a legit shot in the post-Fighters Pass DLCs since Sakurai seems like he's wanting to please fans in those characters.

Maybe with the remaster coming out for FoMT, this might happen. Or its the new Rune Factory protag.

Attached: FoMT_Pete.png (303x479, 177K)

We're fucking getting these fucks right here

Crash
Jill/Chris/Leon/Claire (like Hero, but with Olimar/Alph changes)
Doom Slayer
Dante
Monster Hunter
Ryu Hayabusa
Bill Rizer/Lance Bean
Lloyd Irving
Solaire or Chosen Undead
Sora

Sora's in

Attached: finalform.png (1600x876, 1.51M)

It's risky or downright stupid to let fans decide things like this, otherwise we would have Goku, John Cena, Shrek, etc. in Smash by now. You can't leave it to fans most of the time because they don't know what they want, fanboy interference is how we got Shadow the Hedgehog.

Explain ROB, Game & Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, and Duck Hunt.

You need to let go, user.
They're Spirits.

Attached: This arguement again seriously.png (533x534, 203K)

Pappy van Poodle

Do you have a counter-argument?

I'm not a Porkyfag, but characters like Porky (who isn't a Spirit or in the game at all) has a high chance. Seems too suspicious to not include Earthbound's/Mother3's main villain.

I really wanted Bandanna Dee for a Kirby Rep but the possibility vanished alongside Geno, Skull Kid, Rayman and Isaac when they appeared as Spirits.

>ROB
legacy
>Game & Watch
legacy
>Wii Fit
sold over millions and millions of units
>Duck Hunt
legacy

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees for the millionth time yes

Attached: mewtwo trophy smash4.png (512x512, 145K)

>Geno
every time

Attached: 1526825866176.jpg (575x603, 35K)

Then fucking show me already.

Mewtwo is already in Smash Ultimate since Day 1 btw.
And the Spirits in World of Light have been created and specifically placed in parts of the world. They can't just replace them. FIGHTERS must have their FIGHTER Spirit in the game and if you didnt notice, there arent any duplicate Spirits.

>another sword RPG guy
NOBODY wants this.
Most people outside of Yea Forums don't even know who he is or what game he comes from anyway.

And when was the last time any of them had a new game? This isn't about legacy, you just said that Sakurai wasn't adding characters from dead series' and yet I showed you four examples.

>Most people outside of Yea Forums don't even know who he is or what game he comes from anyway.
Terry Bogard
There's trophy in smash ultimate?

Attached: 1565984106974.gif (295x221, 554K)

>why they didn't add him as an echo.
i'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say it's because sega and sonic team are autistic as fuck about sonic and it was probably a huge pain adding sonic in the first place. remember he is legit 8 shades of blue.

G&W, ROB and Duck Hunt are their respective retro reps which represents a gimmick hardware from Nintendo's past
Wii Fit was recent when it got in because Smash 4U represented the Wii/3DS eras

Wouldn't we have some evidence for that?

he has complained about the arduous process of getting things approved between companies before. because he meets the creators and has to meet them again and re-affirm approval when things are changed.

2B and Sora
I want to hear "hwah hwah take this this will end it" whenever I use Sora

Daily reminder.

Attached: This ride's never gonna end..png (1325x205, 25K)

Again, those characters haven't been relevant outside of Smash in years.

Good, I don't need to waste money on a new console that does the same things.

Jesus dude that's exactly why they got in thanks to their legacy

Yeah, the Switch getting the Wii U's sloppy seconds really turned me off from it. If it's going to last as long as the 3DS it's going to need a lot more games and Smash can only add so much until it's like "Oh okay.". It's already that way now with Terry.

And yet I have to point out again that you said Sakurai wouldn't put in characters from a dead series, just admit you were wrong because you clearly were wrong.

the DLC so far hasn't been based off of popularity polls, pretty much at all. the sole possible exception being banjo and even then it worked to get microsoft ports to the switch and an outright ad for the xbone in a nintendo presentation. joker was picked to sell passes because of Pe5's critical reception in japan. hero was picked to advertise DQ11S, terry was picked because SNK are actively inserting their IP's into every fighting game on earth to boost relevancy.

the most I would say is that nintendo is using it to judge the popularity of what THEY want with the general smash audience. so if they want to put A, B, and C in, but C's series is completely unpopular, they'll just pass over it and put D in instead.

just look at what nintendo (and most importantly, other 3rd party companies) want to advertise. look at what companies nintendo wants to be buddy buddy with. you can make some intelligent guesses off of that.

Goku
Spongebob
Shrek
Superman
Dora the Explorer
Elmo
Jason Voorhees
Michael Meyers
Batman
Darth Vader
Big Bird
Ash Ketchum

the difference between banjo and isaac is that isaac was literally never relevant, banjo meanwhile was considered for 64 and was only excluded from melee due to the buyout.

Ahahahahah it's funny because they're not videogame characters ahahaha

>"dead series can't get into Smash"
>"what about these guys"
>"oh they have these other reasons that they're in"
>ignores that and insists that they're from dead series therefore they shouldn't be in
holy shit nigger are you really this desperate to win this argument

Attached: 1533535135076.png (413x296, 180K)

SORA4SMASH
THE DREAM IS NOT DEAD

2SWORDS would be great. I should think even retards would be able to appreciate that.

shill picks

The first two Golden Sun games were successful, each selling over million units
the problem was that GS released right around when Melee came out and Brawl came around 7 years later
in other words:
>too late for Melee, too early for Brawl

>Disney AND Square

He's in but he only swings his keyblade in front of him and has no other moves.

Do you post this image so often hoping somebody mentions the filename?

>It's Smashburb having autism about Isaac again
Go back to gamefaq you 30 year old autistic furfag.

>but characters like Porky (who isn't a Spirit or in the game at all) has a high chance
>who isn't a Spirit or in the game at all
Are you retarded?

Attached: absolutely-safe-capsule-spirit-1.jpg (720x405, 161K)

>Geno
Yes.
>Isaac
Yes and bring Felix too.
>Shadow
Fuck no, I want Eggman or Tails.
>Chorus Kids
Not a big fan of Rhythm Heaven, but they could be fun.
>Mach Rider
Yes.

I fully expect Dante to be coming, 2B isnt so unrealistic either

You could argue that's just the capsule

And why in the fuck would they include Porky only indirectly with the capsule?
They would DEFINITELY put him in in his Spider Mech or whatever it is

>You could argue that's just the capsule
Then do it.
>And why in the fuck would they include Porky only indirectly with the capsule?
Why would they include an empty capsule?
>They would DEFINITELY put him in in his Spider Mech or whatever it is
He was already a boss in Brawl, and they cut down majorly on bosses in 4/Ultimate.

>Still, with all of these costly achievements, requests for other fighters to join the battle don’t stop. Because of the characters in a product like this, you wonder who it doesn’t have.

Attached: original.gif (500x200, 272K)

Sora, Crash, Doomguy yes I can see happening.
Genos mii outfit is gonna return so hes pretty much technically in, and I think Steve might get one also. Dante I do want but feel like he might get cucked by RE which I hope not and 2b I dont know how license works with SE, Platinum, and Taro but I guess it could happen