What is Yea Forums's opinion of Resident Evil Revelations? Worth playing?

What is Yea Forums's opinion of Resident Evil Revelations? Worth playing?

Attached: resident evil revelations.jpg (1373x882, 178K)

bump for interest

Attached: 1538128205544.jpg (640x360, 63K)

It's fun and worth a playthrough. Raid mode is a pretty fun "roguelite" minigame that took up more of my time than the main game. I wouldn't pay more than $15 for it though

How is the map design?

Probably one of the better RE. Looks amazing on the 3ds.

Pretty shit. You're going to play it for the re4-esque gunplay, not the setting or map design.

I did get this bad boy during the sale. I'm ready to punch some boulders.

Attached: RE5.png (690x111, 37K)

Brotip: Find someone to play with online. Go hump the steam forums if you must, it's miserable solo.

i will just say it, Revelations 1 was kind of a meme because RE fans had been starved of good RE for so long that they took any morsel they could fucking get and Revelations appeared to be horror but its enemies are actually fucking lame, Jill's face change inferior and no one likes to bring up the scanners gameplay, the TERRIBLE npc's or the fucking two incels the game forces you to play as half way where the whole game suddenly becomes a fucking "comedy".

People will also get mad at this: Revelations 2 is FAR better. Dunked HOURS into that. In short, if it's not Dead Aim, fuck boats and keep them out of all my RE games. That said im a total REfaggot so of course i still suggest you play it NOT on the 3DS. Use either PC or the recent PS4 remaster and then play Revelations 2.

Attached: E58FC011-699F-4326-A7E5-8D3B9B94C46B.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

Solid title, on release it was the first RE game since 4 to get close to the proper RE atmosphere, even if the map progression was still very linear and didn't ask for much backtracking or memory of areas you'd been to before. Weakest part of it were the more action-focused episodes that it flips between where you're playing characters other than Jill, the way it created a rhythm across episodes was clever but frankly unnecessary and they would have been better served polishing the "meat" of Jill's time on the boat.

Raid mode was shockingly addictive but none of the iterations afterwards have grabbed me quite like that one did. Kind of like the Mercenaries meets a dungeon looter-style character and equipment progression.

they both suck. the first one is literal mobile shit and the second one is episodic cash grab attempt made for coop but it isn't good, 2p is cucked with melee only or hiding like a bitch. they're just both bad games and bad resident evil games.

Both are pretty good. I liked the music in the first one a lot more and the second one lets you play as Barry which is pretty cool. Moira's kind of annoying and glasps are annoying to fight when you're playing alone in the second one but they're both pretty great games. You should totally play them

I can't agree with this at all, RER2 had a worse story, less memorable environment and enemies, it was signficantly shorter, and committed one of the most incomprehensible and unforgiveable sins I've ever seen in a modern game: after training you the entire game to react on command to QTE prompts, you are punished for doing ONE particular prompt, in the middle of a sequence of prompts, instead of waiting a moment more for a different one.

Let me repeat that - you were supposed to WAIT, in the face of imminent danger while a button prompt is flashing on the screen, while a character is very clearly about to die. Nothing before this had indicated that some QTE prompts should not be pushed straight away, nor had there ever been optional QTEs. Afterwards nothing indicates that pushing said QTE was "wrong" until an hour or more later, in a different episode, where you are punished for that decision in a manner that scarcely relates to it. I don't know how anyone could possibly guess to make that decision of not pressing the QTE to get the "true" ending without having a guide to tell them.

Funny thing too, RER2 came out the same year as Until Dawn which had a similar sequence at the end, except it did all the things Revelations 2 didn't do - trained you to press QTEs at different times instead of immediately, used the situation to give you the idea that waiting instead of acting immediately would not result in a game over or a poor result.

Hot take here, but it's my second favorite RE behind REmake, and it's very much the real RE5 in my mind. It feels like they took RE4 and tried to rebalance it back a bit towards horror with a bit of experimentation along the way. The Queen Zenobia is probably my second favorite setting in the series behind the Spencer Mansion, and despite clear limitations from being a handheld game I like the Ooze conceptually as malleable water zombies. It also has some of my favorite setpiece moments in the series like the comms officer fight and chasing down Rachel. It isn't perfect as the story is a clusterfuck and the episodic progression squanders Zenobia's great map design, but overall the pros outweigh the cons for me by miles. Raid Mode is also a nice addition, definitely like it more than Mercs but I'm a campaign sort of guy when it comes to RE.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate for the 3ds version - it has hands down the best gyro controls of any game on the system. They work genuinely, without making you flail yourself around to adjust the aim, shockingly comfy. The only downside was not being able to use the 3D, though I need to replay the game on my N3DS to see if it's possible then thanks to the face-tracker.

I couldn't complete the last boss on 3ds. It was Phantom Hourglass final boss tier

Both are good. I think 2 is better but I think I enjoyed 1 more just because I really like Jill. Then again, 2 has Barry being a based dad and overall is a more polished game so it's hard to say which one I actually liked more. 2's raid mode is a lot better though, and I sank quite a few hours into it. I played the PC version so I can't say how good the 3ds versions are. I'd say that if you're a RE fan, definitely give them a go. You can get them for pretty cheap now.

Attached: 1549517374077.jpg (970x545, 150K)

Never understood the beef people had with that boss, though to be fair I also don't hate Phantom Hourglass.

Yep! Just beat it maybe 3 weeks ago.
It's not amazing or anything, but its fun and Jill is cute so

It's ok, the ship is nice there is some fun stuff
2 is pretty good though, I liked that one a lot honestly. Alan Wake tier in my mind but that's probably overselling it

pretty fun spooky game and it has one of the most memorable re bosses ever

Fun setting, but 2 is the better game.

Tried hard to like it, but I just couldn't continue. Felt kinda boring and didn't really care for scanning imo. I liked Rev2 better.

I would say 2 is objectively better in almost every way.

But the first one is still worth a single playthogh imo

Worth playing through the story once and doing the raid mode. Same thing for the sequel.

>"Get me Barry Burton!"
>"But sir, he is too expensive..."
>"Then get me his non-union Mexican equivalent!"

Attached: Parker Luciani.png (640x360, 265K)

This is too accurate.

Never played 1, but 2 with a friend is A LOT of fun!

It's pretty great desu
I liked both Rev games more than 6

REV2 is the best modern resident evil game don't @ me.