Fighting games

Which one's superior?

Attached: analog vs dpad vs stick.jpg (543x181, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n_irhlVNkKM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mortal Wombat

wasd

Attached: keyboard.png (1500x1000, 2.13M)

Are they digital directional inputs? There is your fucking answer. Its like retards who play Resident Evil games with anything but a d-pad and then complain they keep skidding into walls.

Attached: 7A091D4C-99D6-4C8B-A024-56F57AD25297.jpg (1133x1600, 296K)

depends on the game, but analog stick is always the worst

dpad is better for tekken

hitbox > all

post sticks

>200 dollars for a keyboard with keys removed

it's worth it to not look ghetto as fuck

This, am still suprised not more people pick up a keyboard, its genuinely pretty good for fightan

>no numpad

Keyboard

dpad for movement, joystick for commands was how I rolled before switching to fightstick

I play cross hand on two keyboards

Attached: elder god tier.jpg (478x269, 40K)

>0-2 drops in pools on his """superior""" device.

/thread

Attached: xparency.png (3360x1768, 3.35M)

this is the kind of shit that people who don't play fighting games talk about. who gives a fuck, just play.

Stick > Dpad > analog

Devices people win majors with:
>Stick.
>Pad.
>Literally, a steering wheel.
Devices people can't win anything with:
>Analog.
>Hitbox.
>Keyboard.

this is completely wrong actually
you don't even have correct info 19er

>Literally, a steering wheel.
what.

There's a guy called Initial T who plays on a wheel
youtube.com/watch?v=n_irhlVNkKM

Stick is better for 2D command inputs, otherwise stick and dpad are down to preference

That's impressive.

daigo plays on hitbox now

>Playing on analog
Does anyone do this? It's fucking terrible.
But yeah, it's dependent on game and who you are as a player.
Strange example. I started playing Tekken recently and found it much easier to play on stick than pad, even though I've heard the opposite for years.

>ps4 stick/pad
lel no

i feel like using analog is a beginner bait since at first it's a lot easier to do inputs with even though with more experience it becomes less practical

Exactly right.

I find stick easier than pad too for tekken, but not for directions. Tekken is significantly easier with arcade buttons since it has quite a few awkward combinations (tri+x, square+o) which require macros on pad. RDC is a pain on controller but very simple with arcade buttons. I'd argue that's a more significant reason to use stick over pad in most games, as anyone can do any input on a dpad if they wanted to, including tiger knees, instant teleports, 720s, all that stuff.

Even for directions I find it easier. Like Lee's Blazing Kick. For some reason, that shit just won't come out on pad, but I can do it consistently on Stick.

No one has won shit on a hitbox or keyboard. It won't save a washup like Daigo.
Daigo is washed up.

Uninitiated gamer here with poor knowledge of fighting games. Why is it that stick is regarded as the best way to play fighting games? It looks worse than analog stick yet people say its best? Why?

whichever you're most comfortable with
this is only a debate for people who don't play fighting games

>Daigo is washed up.
umm, sweetie...

Attached: file.png (1200x1137, 2.17M)

>Daigo can only win in mobile games
LMAO
i feel sorry for him because SFV is shit and completely shits on legacy skill
Maybe he will switch to the riot fighting game and get success there

The only think I prefer pad for is 2xQCB (aka to the left side). For whatever reason I have stupid fingers when it comes to that input and getting it to come out on stick. It's much easier for me on pad. Everything else though, stick is better.

>SFV is shit and completely shits on legacy skill
but daigo likes the game

I get that entirely. I had to stop playing Ibuki on 3S because I couldn't do the DP motion to the left consistently.

Strange. I play on stick 95% of the time, but if I'm with friends and don't have access to my stick I'll use whichever pad they have lying around, and my execution is barely any different. I can still pull off my combos and just frames fine on a ds4. This is a meme discussion for people who barely play fightan at a surface level and use the cost of a stick as a reason to drop the genre instead of putting in the time.

If he didn't keep playing street fighter then nobody would care about him anymore

Pic related. Unironically the best fucking D-pad on any controller in recent years, and it's a third party switch controller.

Attached: 51HQSQdfXL._AC_SL1000_.jpg (760x904, 46K)

Yeah, I'm not saying I can't play on Pad, I'm saying gimmick shit is a bit harder to pull off. I got a stick pretty cheap and I'm glad I got it, but I still have a few fighting games I play exclusively on Pad and some on Keyboard.

Nobody says it's the best. Anybody who actually plays fighting games will tell you to play on whatever you're comfortable with. People who use stick grew up playing on arcade cabinets. People who use pad grew up playing at home. People who use hitbox are unironically galaxy brainers who don't care about comfort and just want to get as good as they possibly can.

whatever you have to tell yourself

>TKL
absolutely fucking disgusting

Same for me. I can only play DBFZ on pad, I play UNIST and SF on keyboard (I use TK input characters on both and hitbox layout is more comfortable for long sessions), stick for every other game for the most part.

Sega Saturn D-Pad >>>> all other D-Pads.

I play on analog stick.

memebox

He doesn't use a hotbox for this.

You're a fucking psychopath, user. I'd run away from you if I saw that.

Almost all the pro players at evo use stick dude. Even the younger ones born past the arcades. Its definitely better.

wait... how did you took the photo?

that's not even true lol

The major advantage of the "stick" isn't necessarily the stick, but the buttons. Having critical inputs on both the face buttons (for which you're only hitting with your thumb) and shoulder buttons (let alone the triggers) of a pad is absolutely terrible.
Some modern fighters out of arcsys that try to lay out a very comfortable default for pad usage, usually only having 4-5 buttons, combination presses being aligned with the thumb, and some other conveniences work really well.
But try some six button games like Street Fighter, some characters are outright crippled if you aren't using a keyboard or stick for its buttons.

the angle says webcam but he riated the image 540 degrees

most people use stick because it's a part of the culture

I beg of you, anyone who reads this message: don't buy this controller it is SO shit, please user don't do it
get pic related instead if you want a high quality fighting game specific dpad

Attached: poktourney.jpg (1350x1151, 91K)

Irrelevant tbqh. The only reason top players don't pick it up is pure lazyness and the fact it would be banned pretty fast. The second Daigo got his own version of a hitbox everyone went up in arms. Same is going to happen with their new "stick". That shit is never going to see tournament play.

Bruh, don't meme.

I bought 4 Horipads on clearance for 7 bucks from a Walmart trying to get rid of them. The D-pad is great, and removable.

They don't have meme shit like rumble, motion control, or wireless, but are solid extra wired controllers for things like 8 player smash, and beat using a single Joycon for anything.

>who plays on a wheel
He did it one time as a joke

>better
it's not though, stick is just part of the culture
people have been winning/placing top 8s on pad since ps1 days (see sperogin, runitblack, louffy as a few examples)

It honestly took me by surprise how well built and precise this controller is. Probably best one I've used.

Attached: 71bGT44OQ-L._AC_.jpg (1251x1268, 178K)