Astral Chain

Just finished this game.

Story: basically one big eva ripoff. Stupid but not in a fun way. The main character is voiceless and without personality except a fucking monologue at the end of the game. No one really gets any development and most of what happens is pointless filler.

Graphics: While the aesthetic is pleasing, performance is poor. 720p30 with lots of drops is pretty sad for a Platinum action game. The camera is also pretty terrible, often getting stuck. There can also at times be an overabundance of particle effects and neon lights that tend to blur together and make it difficult to see what's going on.

Gameplay: This is split between blue's clues and combat. Investigations are tedious and time-consuming and really destroy the pace of the game.
Combat starts out abysmal in the first two files but improves significantly as the game goes on. That said, the combat is a bit overly simplistic despite its many features, and encounters and enemy designs feel divorced from the combat itself. A few bosses in particular are some of the most grating fights in any Platinum game (Deimos' screen filling blinding particles, the goo on the ground in the ARM fight, Noah's constant teleporting and running away).

Overall the game is a 6/10, maybe a 7. It's better than a lot of the crap that gets shoved onto Switch, but it's got a host of fatal flaws that bring down what could've been an excellent game

Attached: Astral-Chain_2019_05-15-19_Artwork.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VcRHhYo4kkI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=V5X3nPU3J5s#
mobile.twitter.com/ReineDer/status/1171806832412594176
youtube.com/watch?v=eY63N71ATzI&list=PLfZzxWgguFqMYkKU3jjkXW4i9dcDnhOS_&index=54
imgur.com/a/vL4edct
twitter.com/sariya_asa/status/1172643167180427264
youtube.com/watch?v=dgJ5qhWep4M
youtube.com/watch?v=ot0LuxNy1x8
youtube.com/watch?v=webWpQJWfJY
youtube.com/watch?v=EPwGWpBz5Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=rLW-pgJV2T4
youtube.com/watch?v=10AICfrpI_o
youtu.be/rE9Abs3wka8
steamdb.info/app/921570/graphs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No one's reading your blogpost faggot

Attached: Dagoth.gif (487x342, 229K)

>Eva ripoff
I knew it. Once the trailer said that they control monster to fight monster it gave off those feelings.

I’m getting sick of Astral Chain threads starting with an opinion. Make a thread then give your opinion in the next post.

>game review/discussion
>blog post
I remember when words had meanings

basically same as how i feel
if they spent less time on the shitty non-combat sections and stuck to making the action (even) better it could've stood with platinum's best because there's some real amazing parts stuck inbetween a lot of mediocre

It never tries to hide it. One of the colors you get unlocked for your legion right off the bat is the Eva color scheme.

>make a general instead of starting a discussion
Lurk moar

Attached: large.jpg (500x313, 20K)

Having an homage in a color scheme is a bit different than ripping off the actual story, especially when AC plays the story almost completely serious.

>Noah's constant teleporting and running away

You’re supposed to use your beast legion faggot. How can you call the combat simplistic yet not use all facets of the combat?

I knew the "git guds" would come in and assume that because I'm not gargling the game's balls I must be shit.

Getting on the beast legion to chase him down or avoid the instakill orb, using arrow legion when he does the air orbs, using axe to block the lasers, these are all extremely fucking tedious interruptions to the already glacial draining of his health bar

This entire post reads like a post made by a seething sony fan after reading through multiple discussions and thinking they know enough to make a negative post without making themselves look like a falseflagger.
Basically, Astral Chain is fucking great. Seethe more nigger

Using your transformation drains its health bar, and if you think the game making you use all of the tools you learned in the entire game on a boss is a bad mechanic I don’t know what to say to you. It’s only tedious because you actually have to think.
You’re just pointing out nitpicks at this point.

You didn't get the story at all.

The ark is what was launched after Nier Automata's ending C/D. Everything in Astral Chain is simulated from that data on humanity.
The redshift is the data version of red eye disease.

here's someone who knows how to play, he's constantly maintaining pressure on the boss and the only downtime is scene transitions that last 5 seconds max

youtu.be/VcRHhYo4kkI

you're either full of shit or shit yourself

Ur a faget

Attached: A996EF4C-BCF9-411B-8E7C-CDD690A8FA0B.jpg (723x1024, 125K)

This
Can’t stand retards that obviously didn’t play the damn game

Attached: 96587A93-89AA-47DB-A3A6-CCB5C01808C0.jpg (820x1024, 76K)

I'm ignoring the blog post and am going to assume this is the new AC thread. Anyone know how to get more premium codes? I'm swimming in all the other resources but all my legions are gated by premium codes right now. They are occasional rewards for some of the file 12 cases but it's not nearly enough.

Attached: AC.jpg (680x416, 59K)

No u
Lappy is great and if they had used her more to keep things light I would've liked the story much more.

>max rank jap abusing a farmed ability setup to chain stun the boss
Thanks for showing me another bad thing about the combat

some chests, glowing items, hidden dog digging spots and red cases have premium codes, otherwise check your orders

>I'm not shit the game is!!
we've reached levels of cope I didn't think were humanly possible

>hurr you didn't play the game
Love it when people try to handwave any criticism with this excuse.

Attached: 2019090123453300-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 210K)

I didn't even play it past the first few days I had it. Kinda regret buying it. Those platform parts and fighting in the astral areas sucked.

>the "icon of x" tablet call
>angels, I mean "chimeras" attacking humanity
>shinji use this eva I mean "Legion" to destroy the chimeras
>lol I'm not a good guy. Also that girl is a clone lel what a tweest
>tang is the final boss

So in the epilogue they say the amount of gates decreased, but why? Nothing was really done to make them stop appearing.

It’s implied Yoseph was increasing the rate of gates appearing through his work.

sweaty clothed paizuri with marie!

Attached: imaginethesmell.jpg (850x757, 133K)

Like when, the 90s?

The game is chock full of references to anime and other video games. Evangelion, GiTS, Metal Gear Solid, Snatcher, Bleach, Attack on Titan, Jojo, etc.

Will it get a sequel?

Attached: 1568340597041m.jpg (724x1024, 142K)

Not sure why this happened but I got softlocked and had to reset the game.

Attached: fall.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

This. There's too much BLAH BLAH BLAH from the characters. I expected more out of Platinum. Not sure why they tried to ape RPG segments with this dumb police investigation shit.

I wouldn’t agree normally, except we keep having this same OP almost verbatim, and it gets repeatedly gets posted as soon as a previous Astral Chain thread is about to reach bump limit. So yeah OP’s a fag.

>Still can't find lappy in file 8
Why couldn't he just be in a specific spot? How do you get up on the bridge in area?

HOPES, HEARTS, EVERYTHING IS FALLING DOWN

Attached: 20190629_180517.jpg (891x572, 305K)

>That said, the combat is a bit overly simplistic despite its many features
t. baddie

Also investigations are pretty fun I found. Actual gameplay variety is appreciated, and they can be blazed through or even just skipped on replays.

The plot is garbage, yes, but the setting is the best-developed of any original platinum IP, and you spend way more time just being a cop in the ark than you do watching dumb cutscenes.

Noah was also an amazing final boss, definitely top 3 for platinum.

Game's an easy 8.5/10, maybe a 9. The incredible postgame alone bumps it up for me.

I want to know what the fuck the faggots at Platinum were smoking when they put stealth missions in an action game. Otherwise the game is a solid 8/10.

You had me until Noah
You gotta be more subtle

Noah was gr8 m8

Male or female MC?

I did. Sorry, shitposter-kun.

>just discovered I had over 80 rewards that I didn't bother to accept
Nice. Also, doing these Olive missions made me loathe those fucking one-hit kill bomb spiders even more.

when the fuck will someone drop a marie doujin

I dunno why people bitch about the blue cases. You don't even have to do them. And if all you really want to do is kill shit then file 12 has 70 challenges. As for people who are somehow struggling with the concept of moving their legion to a platform and pressing a trigger to automatically jump then I dunno what to tell you, I can't imagine anyone being worth a shit at action games if they can't handle the "platforming" bits in this game.

Attached: astral leash.webm (640x360, 2.65M)

ride the dog, get your gun or do sword 360

fpbp

Female is the perverted route (/e/), Male is the extra perverted route (/d/)

>Astral Chain is a forgettable painfully average game that will be quickly forgotten about by Nintendo and soys

But we already know this

>Noah soul of ambition, the endless
>can't hit legion dog
>motherfucking graffiti "artist" with smoke bombs can't miss

Attached: 1554938825418.png (1402x981, 1.07M)

agreed, it has a lot of flaws but it's still a good 7/10 for me

AND THAT'S WHY XPLAY GIVES IT 6 TRAFFIC TICKETS *cop siren noises* OUT OF 10!

The worst one is the one in Chapter 11, with the platforms that move where you get the dog mask.

Wow, cool image! Mind if I save it?

>if they can't handle the "platforming" bits in this game.
People can handle it fine, they still suck though.

Alright, I did one third of the Olive missions before I decided that I want to replay the prologue once more to get a proper ranking this time. As it turns out I have the option to choose between male or female MC again. Does my previous MC and all his equipment and clothes get deleted if I choose the other one this time?

Did anyone else think he and the Hermits were going to break out of Zone 09 and fuck shit up? Felt like he was just a wasted character in the end, he was literally only there to introduce Blue Evolve to the plot.

Attached: kyle.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

I'm honestly surprised he didn't show up again.

Yeah what the fuck happened to him.
I was waiting for our second all out brawl, this time for real !!

The lack of emotion MC had was jarring as fuck, they made more of a sound when jumping out of a helicopter at the beginning of some chapter than they did when their father was left behind in the Astral Plane. Or when their sibling got stabbed.

Of course it is, the same retard is spamming the same generic shit he read from sonyfags on Yea Forums endlessly.

The more dramatic the story became, the more jarring it was

Astral Chain is my GOTY and reading the thread makes me just think you're awful at it.

god fucking damnit someone just tell me that they have a video or an image gallery of all the Legion color slots i don't care for this EVA-01 bullcrap

Attached: autism.png (844x1440, 1.27M)

Pulling a >:( face is an acceptable reaction to learning your sibling was just an expendable pawn of the big bad and about to be killed, apparently. Like, Akira actually has a canon name so voice acting couldn't have been an issue. I don't get why MC absolutely had to be mute.

Shit is about to go down when this song starts playing. Amazing ost

m.youtube.com/watch?v=V5X3nPU3J5s#

NOOOO DON'T OFFEND MY FAVORITE FOTM GAME FOR THE SWITCH

Attached: 1568395310869.png (805x851, 89K)

Wait. So you're telling me...

Marie was Lappy all along?

Based and truthpilled user

So you didn't watch the video just like you didn't play the game. Sony bring btfo

I actually enjoyed chain jumping a lot. I agree some corners in the astral planes should of been more forgiving cause you could get caught on shit too easily, but areas like the platforming session before the final boss fight were perfectly fine and enjoyable imo.

>Stupid but not in a fun way.
Stopped reading there. Fuck off, you have no taste.

How the fuck are you supposed to get a good rank at Akira Unchained?

We get these threads every day, OP who's a seething Sony fanboy and then thread is full of people who enjoy the game often moving on from the OPs bull shit to actual gameplay discussion. Game is no masterpiece but it doesn't have to be, you can nit pick anything. It's extremely fun and most people who play it like it, I could see a sequel improving all the platforming parts of the game while working on a better told story. My main complaint is that the story is there, but it's often not explained unless you go reading into the lore archives/files which I'm sure didn't bother fans of dark souls.

Yeah, the game with Lappy the crimedog as a central character and quiz taking, balloon giving, and box carrying minigames is totally serious, right? May as well claim Bayo or DMC take themselves seriously.

Replay early cases, there's a fuckton just lying around gated behind areas you need later Legions to grab, especially hidden ones you need Beast Legion to sniff out.

Agreed and we could talk about it objectively, but it's a Nintendo game so kek
Once it goes to other platforms, it'll be held to the actual standard it is just like Octopath going from GOTY GOTY GOTY to never spoken of again

Seethe. Cope and have sex.

>basically one big eva ripoff
Stopped reading there.

>Once it goes to other platforms

Attached: sensible-chuckle.gif (500x289, 647K)

>Once it goes to other platforms
neverever.jpg

also dilate

>still port begging

If you edit your sister before picking the male character, do the edits on her stay or do they revert to default look?

you didnt actually play the game

Nobody ever said Octopath was GOTY.

Definitely

Lappy runs around like a maniac. Just pick a spot (I waited outside the tunnel where the "ghost" woman was) and wait for her to show up. It take

>OP lays out completely reasonable criticisms and says the game is above average
>Switchfags seethe at the idea that someone doesn't think the only game to come out for their console this month is 10/10 GOTYAY

Attached: 1510930230115.gif (499x488, 98K)

Nah. I like the game but the platform parts were mostly shit

>NGE
is it true
should I pick it up

I got my game to have deep voices for everyone for some time
mobile.twitter.com/ReineDer/status/1171806832412594176

>is it an NGE ripoff
see

Attached: 1372344194578.gif (480x320, 2.99M)

OH FUCK, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO ACCEPT THE ORDER REWARDS???
I'm a fucking retard, I thought you just recieved them as soon as you completed them

I'm currently struggling on the final boss Noah Prime.
I've been playing on Platinum Normal the whole game, only lost two batteries, and felt like the game was very easy, with only two or three bosses giving me minimal challenge. But suddenly the final boss is bullshit incarnate, legit ten times harder than everything else before.
Any tips besides the obvious git gud?

I have yet to see what happens in the ending but I feel like the last few files have been extremely rushed. The plot had a lot of potential but suddenly they refuse to explain or expand on anything and fucking throw it all down the drain and rip off EVA to ridiculous levels that are honestly shameful.
I don't mind getting spoiled anymore, but do they explain anything about the astral realm, Jena or hell, anything related to chimeras and those concepts at all?

Attached: AC_kimura_K6jtCasN_01-300x237.png (300x237, 102K)

You can edit all of the color unlocks with whatever you want, it's weird and different from how your own clothes custom colors work.

>Story: basically one big eva ripoff.
Eva itself was one of the biggest rip offs of all time. The entire plot is blatantly plagarized from various sources but it doesn't even try to hide it.
>its ok if we rip off other people if we try to be meta and decronstructive about it
No, Eva is overrated pretentious nonsense and Astral Chain is only a LITTLE similar to it.

>Any tips besides the obvious git gud?
Just resign yourself to reacting to his moves as if it were a puzzle game and not an action game. Use the arrows to knock him out of the air attack, use axe to shield yourself from the lasers, use beast to avoid the insta-death bubble or chase him down, and just get your hits in when you can. The Sword L1 thing is good for stunning him when he's trying to just kick you.

The whole fight is basically just "can you do this for long enough without fucking up"

Bros should I get a switch for this?

>do they explain anything about the astral realm, Jena or hell, anything related to chimeras and those concepts at all?
No.
Enjoy fighting instrumentality

It's good but it's not enough by itself to make it worth buying a console. If there are other games you are interested in playing then do it, if not you can safely ignore it. It's a platinum game with remixed platinum game stuff and a couple of curveballs, you pretty much know what to expect mostly if you've played any Platinum games before.

Never ever buy a console just for one game. It's really good, but it'd be something like $260 for 40 hours of play time if this is the only game on the system that you want.

Nigga’s spirit was crushed after seeing his crew turn into monsters from consuming the one thing they needed to fuck shit up. What did you expect?

What the fuck.
Who's idea was to introduce these cool concepts just to do literally nothing with them and ignore them for lul homunculus for the fourth time, clones and instrumentality in the second half of the game?

He seems fine to me. He still fights like a bitch in the Olive cases.

Akira gets development though.
>lots of drops
disagree, it only really happened for me in Harmony Square
I actually liked a lot of the non-combat stuff as some cool down time between combat encounters and giving more context for stuff

Nice blog, onions

>Olive cases
>Never before Noah “Big Daddy Pipe Swing” Ark appears

I imagine it's just there for flavor, like most action video game stories. It's not the main focus of the game, and definitely bogs it down with exposition in some parts.

Hideaki Anno

According to a dev diary, Platinum games are usually written by the director. Taura didn't want to do that so he has another game designer do it for him.

I think this may honestly be it
At this point, Legions are basically Digimon

because he isnt a complete asshole

Are fucking retarded? Nigga you never watched scryed?

>720p30 with lots of drops is pretty sad for a Platinum action game

No drops for me so far, just 1-2 times. Chapter 4.

Its like if they watched NGE on mute and tried to write what they thought the characters would say.
In other words: don't come for the story
In other words: Darling, kiss me

It's equally like Pokemon TFM than EVA, the dev even admitted as much to Pokemon being a huge influence.
Also isn't it implied the kids themselves are test tube babies?

>tips
Ride the dog if you see a wave of bullshit coming your way. He auto dodges every attack. It's also the way to avoid getting sucked into the instant kill move. If you get stuck in noah's punch combo you can break it with a perfect call. The timing is generous so just recall your legion and call it back to make him back off.
The beast's Howl and a perfect cut (cutting all the red energy flows at once while he attacks) of the Blade mode of the sword legion stun him and open him up to combos momentarily.
Spam Axe legions bombs and shields.
Don't use legion fusion. Noah tends to teleport and you can't really get a significant amount of damage in before he disappears.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 5.02.00 PM.png (1440x900, 1.53M)

>I've been trying to replicate this photo in file 8 for 25 minutes
The first happened in one try what fuck is going on

Attached: 1518370826519.png (699x373, 420K)

Chain jumping is fine. its the hitbox crystals that suck.

The Howard twins? They aren't test tube babies at all.

The reticle will turn yellow when you're in the right spot.

Then why do the files mention their upbringing? It seems weird to vaugely touch on it but never expand on what they meant

Yeah, they're constantly talking about the circumstances of their birth but they never explain what they meant. Yeah, they say later that they were born during the red incident on the sealed sector, but so did other babies, right? BUT in later files they kept mentioning it like there's something more to it.

So according to the fashionista order there appears to be three equipment pieces that I can't find anything about online. has anyone finished that yet?

I didn't
I'm guessing it's closer to this than Digimon is, from the tone of your post

It's explained in the story.
They were born during the pandemic of Zone 09, under the heavy influence of redshift

So is she a cop?

Attached: EEYJV8tWwAADd07.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

How do I disable the gyro? These boxes are cancer when the gyro kicks in.
And how do I beat the first red case in file 08? The beast legion can't sniff anything out.

It just seems not very special, like
Said. You figure it'd be something more complicated than that and/or related to them syncing with Legions. I don't exactly play Platinum for the plot but it felt like a lot of halfway finished ideas

She was a traffic cop who got transferred to neuron to do paperwork, since she'got nothing better to do most of the time she does shit like clean and look after Lappy too.

When do I get pink lipstick all over me?

Attached: EDkPua2XoBMZh8P.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

their mother was close to redshifting during their birth

Attached: EDkPuZZXUAMkELY.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

fpbp and /thread

I read it. Hurts to know your favorite game is shit, huh?

Hurts wasting your time COPING, huh?

It's because their mother was very close to redshifting during their birth. You only learn that if you take a photo of Akira for your database.

Yeah, I'm thinking fpbp

Because after Max Howard recovered the newborn twins born from a redshifting mother, which is rare because pretty much no one else made it out of the Zone 09 disaster, the government knew the twins were somehow special and tried to keep them and run tests on them for the rest of their lives. Max Howard stopped that, that's their upbringing.

Don't bother using any other legion besides Axe and maybe Beast legion for dodging. Sword, Arm, and to a lesser extent Arrow are completely useless against him.

JACKPOT

It's been way longer than three minutes on my end. Either it's random or the initial spawn tied to something else like the side missions.

She's gay for Brenda.

Can't really blame her, Brenda is really really ridiculously good looking

I was surprised that Olive actually can hold her own in a fight somewhat during that whole thing.

Fuck, Axe is my lowest legion. At least I have most slots that don't require premium codes.
My worst mistake was using Sword and Arm then. Those are the legions I've used the whole game except against flying chimeras.

How do I recreate the ghost photo?

it's not 720p

I think you have to find a police officer holding a balloon and talk to him in order for Lappy to appear.
Now where that policeman is, I can't remember. Sorry man.

Nevermind. I took a photo of the pagoda and it counted for the ghost thing. I didn't need to get the twins into the shot.

fuck off storyfag

>still on the pagoda one
Oh you sweet summer child.

Should I do 12 or move onto DxM?

The boxes were worse.

Buy a playstation

I have one. Nothing on it right now

Is it me or did they make it really easy to get S+ in Olive's cases?

the ranking system is really forgiving and the nature of Olive's cases usually makes you do different stuff in these missions, which gives you tons of bonuses

>Nanananananananananana. Let me cover my ears. Nanananananananana.

Top kek. Being this much of a revisionist.

Do you have a counter argument to anything on the OP?

Thanks user, this was the problem. Lappy popped up the second I talked to him. How the hell Marie a desk jockey when she is faster than the beast legion in a straight shot.

Attached: 1565491723238.png (986x553, 462K)

a video has already been posted showing his bitching about the final boss was due to his own ineptitude and the rest is just more lies (it's 900p and there's no frequent drops), nice try though

The Lappy Suit is actually Power-Armour with built in AI, that's how Lappy and Marie were in two different locations one time.

Marie was a traffic cop, she's used to chasing cars.

I fucking love the blue cases and I'm surprised to hear that a lot of people don't

Attached: FB_IMG_1517823801987.jpg (720x540, 37K)

Same here, I like them, makes the world feel a bit more alive.

stupid facebook user

Should come as no surprise that many "Platinum fans" are just fans of unadulterated flashy action games and don't have the attention span for anything else

Axe legion is fucking OP.

I didn't like the blue cases because they got in the way of what I was there to do.

I have hundreds of hours in jRPGs, I'm not opposed to lots of talking and side quests, but if I'm playing an action game I'd really like to be engaged in some kind of action.

You mixed mint and orange juice

You knew the git guds would come because you also knew you are trash at the game, dumb fucking coon

Is my math bad or is crit rate completely terrible compared to attack up?

>mixed mint and orange juice
I've tried that before. It felt like I used one those libido-boosting drugs. That shit lasted four hours and my gf enjoyed each and every hour.

I don't mind individually but whenever you start a file you have:
- Blue cases
- Red cases
- Red shit cleaning
- Investigation, which includes talking to unmarked people for clues or following IRIS trails
- Main objective
And sometimes other stuff like the toilet, cat, hidden Hermit hideouts, etc.

There are some files in which all of this amounts to half the entire file's playtime or more (this is particularly bad in the last five files), and it quickly becomes boring, annoying and tiresome. IMO it would be somewhat more bearable if the red shit cleaning radius when mounted on the beast legion was bigger, or its turn rate wasn't worse than a Dota ranged hero's.
And like said it's usually completely separated from the action part of the game and really breaks the flow and pace.

Snoyim absolutely buttriggered

Are there actually 70 Olive cases?

This is now a Marie thread

Attached: 1568194153704.jpg (3260x2994, 830K)

I'm trying to perfect the Alan cleanup case but 98,000 points are only worth an A score. Do you lose bonus points if you knock things over? Am I supposed to clean everything?

Good to see we're still getting new art.

Will we ever get good art?

No.

I started the fight in fusion mode and then used my arrow legion and gun for the rest of the fight and it was fairly easy

Attached: 70343180_494858281309366_9163741462536388608_o.jpg (1280x720, 349K)

Get on that pen and paper, user.

Can chimeras and legions have sex with humans?

Attached: 1568160180263.jpg (2048x1265, 177K)

get good

Attached: 69928552_494858314642696_3496345520610213888_o.jpg (1280x720, 401K)

I dunno about this game.
The plot was ok overall, I just wish the other police members continued to get screen time later on.

The gameplay is also pretty fun, but I don't think I got better replaying chapters because of all of the upgrades my legion and character got throughout the story.

In individual areas, this game comes up short compared to other Platinum titles but my overall experience with it was pretty positive.

youtube.com/watch?v=eY63N71ATzI&list=PLfZzxWgguFqMYkKU3jjkXW4i9dcDnhOS_&index=54

*lick*

Attached: 1561509197014.png (621x840, 766K)

Based

It's always okay to rip people off.

Attached: rero.gif (500x281, 382K)

>The entire plot is blatantly plagarized from various sources but it doesn't even try to hide it.
prove it

HOLY FUCKING BASED

Attached: 1567824099028.webm (166x200, 51K)

Where's the second Chimera Takedown in the third segment of File 03, where you first go into the Astral Plane? I must have done it on my first run since I have a ranking on it, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the hell it is now that I'm trying to S-Rank.

You'll take CUTE and you'll like it

Attached: EDn7EWBU4Acw4M6.png (695x850, 189K)

>The incredible postgame alone bumps it up for me.
nigga what... its just combat challenges with enemies they couldn't fit into the game... I don't get why this game is so obsessed over by people who are Nintendo fanboys and act like anyone who criticizes their exclusive is a snoy or whatever.

>shit camera and a little on the simple/easy size with very few combos to chose from
>character customization is severely lacking, only 4 outfits and only one of them lets you customize the colors
>too many fucking astral plane puzzles
>lifeless characterization, no memorable personalities aside from Lappy and maybe kind of Jena Anderson
>story is pretty terrible, braindead anime tropes throughout, characters have story threads which are completely dropped by the end
>30 FPS with frequent drops, no anti-aliasing, sub-1080p, although art direction is outstanding which kind of makes up for this
>certain exploration zones take wayyyyyyy too fucking long and have boring, shit quests
>game is too easy overall except for last boss who is several times harder than any other boss in the game, feels like spend the entire game fighting a bunch of asylum demons/capra demon-tier enemies and then go straight to fighting gael

it's a 5/10

So are all the references to Nier Automata just coincidence or are both games somehow connected? Cause I really hope Astral Chain doesn't end up being part of Yoko Taro shitshow of a universe.

oh yeah what the fuck was that cutscene after like file 002 where the bad guy was talking with 3 voices about becoming 'as gods'. who were those guys? they were given distinct titles and seemed important but never came back into the game?????

Don't be afraid, Never turning back
To believe, Never giving up
Everything we've sacrificed
Watching from up in the sky

Attached: 1473168222_54125.gif (200x155, 1.24M)

It's shit, confirmed. Literally none of the nintendies are replying to this. You win the thread.

Its not gonna be connected simply because Taro can't do whatever he wants with it since its a Nintendo franchise.

What references?

They are mentioned when you get a list of files to read after getting the memory drive from Jena. The ones that show up automatically when starting the next file.
They are "prophets that read the future through the past" (?) and contacted Yoseph to tell him about the astral plane, chimeras and the "cycle".
And that's all. They never explained it. They don't explain who the prophets are and how the fuck did they know all this, what the astral plane really is, who are those "higher beings" that recycle and archive the world, why does Jena have those powers and what the fuck are the homunculi. etc. I was really mad at them suddenly dropping the CORE concepts of the game's lore, leaving them unexplained. That and most characters disappearing after file 10 and never knowing what became of them.

Lol, more people are seeing this awful game for the shit it is. It's a 5/10 at best and will probably be one of Yea Forums's most hated game this year.

Seele

YES SOMEONE FINALLY FUCKING NAILED IT. At the start I was actually really interested in the world and what the actual fuck was happening. Some of it seemed a bit trope-y to me, i.e. the 'becoming gods' thing but I was still interested in the history of zone 09 and some other shit. Then I find out the fucking entire motivation for Kyle and the Hermits is no deeper than "hurr u abandoned us", 0 ideology was involved in what they were doing, they BARELY ELABORATE on who the fuck Jena Anderson really was, the entire 'becoming god' thing felt rushed even though they tell us that was going to happen at the very start of the game... for some reason I thought I was missing something, I poured over the wikis, all the gamefaqs threads, and found nothing. turns out the story is just a complete afterthought. oh well

DON'T BE AFRAID, NEVER LOOKING BACK
TO BELIEVE, NEVER GONNA STOP
YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART
WE WILL NEVER BE APART
I BELIEVEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: ab35a3ae21fb2ea6e613e61a2c694c6b.gif (283x300, 90K)

Don't reply to people who still defend our new most hated game of 2019.

Just sell your copy at this point. There is nothing positive to say about this game.

Those are all background details. It's like asking why they never explain FAR in Evangelion, it's because it didn't matter for the story they were telling. It's worldbuilding.

Cope, your game is still shit.

I don't think it's awful, but it's definitely full of wasted potential.
Anyone minimally interested in the game's plot would feel severely devastated after file 08.
All the gameplay needed was more combo choices, legion equippable abilities being faster to execute (I feel like they interrupt the flow of battle way too much), and less focus on the excessive amount of red matter clean up and especially all those sidequests amassed at the beginning of each file.

Well the game flopped so you won't see any improvements to it lololololololol

>shit camera
The camera is fine, there is an entire menu in the options dedicated to changing the camera, you can turn off the auto-reset as well.
>simple/easy size with very few combos to chose from
It's got more depth than you're giving it credit for. imgur.com/a/vL4edct
>too many fucking astral plane puzzles
Retard
>30 FPS with frequent drops
There are hardly any drops in the game, stop bullshitting.
>certain exploration zones take wayyyyyyy too fucking long and have boring, shit quests
You can skip all blue cases and most red cases.
>game is too easy overall
Play on Ultimate and say that.

It's not just world building, Neuron and the protagonists' objective is eliminating the chimera threat so that humanity can be saved.
The first files have some buildup towards the nature of the astral plane and chimeras, the motivations of Jena and Yoseph, etc. and all that is thrown away for a cliche "hahaha I will become a god" villain twist with all the Evangelion concepts they could fit in a single chapter.

I'm hoping the game gets a sequel or some dlc to explain this bullshit.

I thought the story was fine up until file 10 when they introduced the clones, and even then I still had a blast with all the fights in file 11.

What was so bad about the clones?

>The camera is fine, there is an entire menu in the options dedicated to changing the camera, you can turn off the auto-reset as well.
Haven't checked the settings out, all I know is by default it's utter shit
>It's got more depth than you're giving it credit for. imgur.com/a/vL4edct
No it doesn't lol, it's very simple and you know it. It looks cool/flashy and it can be fun but the mechanics are about as deep as a pudde
>Retard
desu I think you're the retard considering you don't mind running around doing shitty padded content
>You can skip all blue cases and most red cases.
Not if you want a good end-mission rank
>Play on Ultimate and say that.
Game is still too easy overall except for Noah. I got to file 007 on Ultimate Pt and it was still easy as fuck dude, the only thing that was 'hard' are the fucking retarded ass floor traps in the astral plain that take away 95% of my health

They literally turned Akira into Shadow the Hedgehog, and I didn't care for the conflict with her questioning if she was real or not. It took away from the main plot and didn't matter.

That's a monkey paw wish, user. The game's main plot points shouldn't be explained via DLCs.
And I remember reading somewhere that Astral Chain wouldn't have DLCs, but I might remember wrong.

Don't reply user. Just keep laughing at the people still defending this shit.

>desu I think you're the retard considering you don't mind running around doing shitty padded content
Puzzles are apart of the game though. They're not a flaw just because you expected the game to be entirely action, Platinum made it plainly clear that the game would have more than just action. This is a problem with your expectations, not the game. Now you could say the side content is poorly made, but that's not what you said.

All of that is explained though. SEELE wants to save humanity and Yoseph first answers with the Legion, but really he's trying to evolve humanity. The astral plane is some unknowable godlike being's data archival consuming the Earth, and this is the third time it's happened. Jena and Yoseph are both trying to save humanity. Jena's trying to save everyone individually through some dumb nonsense scheme, and Yoseph is using the twins to merge of all of humanity into a higher being.

This is all explained or foreshadowed from early on. It's a straight-up Eva ripoff, but any questions directly pertaining to the story presented were answered.

>this is the third time it's happened
When were the other two?

I think at least one of them was like medieval times or something like that.

>AC 2 is a prequel that takes place in medieval Europe
I'd play it.

>The astral plane is some unknowable godlike being's data archival consuming the Earth, and this is the third time it's happened
Jena says it's a cycle and "this is the third time humanity has got so far". She also says this is a test and humanity failed the (many, more than two) previous times. She also corrects herself and says the Earth and all its lifeforms being consumed is actually "being brought back to the astral plane".

My main issue with the three prophet guys is that they aren't illuminati or the world's leaders or anything, they're explicitely stated to be prophets who knew what would happen based on the past, and knew about the cycle, the astral plane and everything.

I'm basing all this on the Japanese dialogue, by the way. I haven't played the game with English voice acting or text.

Where do you read about the prophets? I never heard them mentioned.

I don't think SEELE were the prophets. Not sure about this, but I got the impression that SEELE were just Yoseph's financers and benefactors trying to keep humanity alive. The prophets, whoever or whatever they were, are Astral Chain's version of the Dead Sea Scrolls in Eva, an unexplained background plot detail.

It's in the database files. That's where they mention the three prophets, why they contacted Yoseph and how did the Ark come to be.
Remember that chapter that ends with Jena giving you a memory drive, and the next chapter begins with the database menu? That's when you unlock that file.
And speaking of that menu, there are two files that require a numerical password. Anyone knows the password or how to get it?

Password's 1125, it's the twin's birthday.

You all calm down, all these "missing things" are obviously sequel baits and now that the game is a success there will be sequels.

Aren't those just entries made by Max talking about the twins?

There's that and also a bunch of background info in memos from Yoseph.

I just reread all the files that were locked, and none of them mention prophets.

It's not locked.

It's not locked. It's the file that starts with the earliest date, I think 2042.
The Japanese text uses the word for prophet/oracle, and the Spanish text says "profeta". I suppose it'll say something similar in English; the Spanish text is surprisingly close to the Japanese audio.

Basically what if Evangelion was good.

music disappointed apart from 2 tracks...

ive never seen evangelion but if its like AC i may like it on file 09 now so not much more to go

>fight Noah by swapping out legions to match his moves
>nothing does any damage and one hit from him puts me in "lol fuck your vision" mode
>barely getting him to half
>switch brain off
>abuse howl and use sword hit rush and axe stun sync
>sit on doggo while stun recharges
>easy win
Whst a trash boss
What a disappointing game
I'm glad Plat seems to be doing well but this wasn't very fun

Attached: 685993-kill_la_kill___01___large_02-2520.jpg (640x640, 172K)

The bible

ANYONE?

Attached: 1563902644509.png (1024x577, 711K)

No, the twin will always be default outside of matching your skin tone

Man, seeing so many people get tilted over Noah makes me feel pretty good for how well I did against him. Even got an S+ first try, though that's not hard in this game. I feel like he might be my favourite final boss from a Platinum game he was such a thrill.

Attached: 1568352872109.png (617x875, 230K)

Well shit, how can I read those files now? Are they in the database?

You can just replay the beginning of file 6.

Attached: 1568353403335.jpg (1052x699, 49K)

Much better sequel bait than XenoX. I would say Platinum could teach Monolith a thing or two about video games, but neither MS nor their fans are interested in good games. Astral Chain is the answer to "what if Xenoblade was good?" to me.

um, based much?

I'm actually kind of disappointed that theres so few references to Platinum's other games in Astral Chain. Usually Platinum loves to make shout outs. To the point of Shared Universe.

Attached: 1567334583945.png (750x809, 1017K)

i really enjoyed astral chain should i play xenoblade?

I see. thanks.

Yospeh says "We shall become as gods."

One of the hairstyles you can pick looks like Bayo's hair from 2, noticed it when I happened to pair it with the square glasses. Also cat that's suspiciously good at dodging that I think they put in MGRR too. That's about all I can think of.

Anyone got the updated pastebin?

Attached: 1567920116602.jpg (1292x1200, 785K)

They should join forces. Monolithsoft does the environments and sheer asset-churning muscle, and Platinum brings the combat.

this. some of the level designs in Astral chain are awful. XC2 and Platinum games have the same about of flaws, in my opinion, but in different departments, and they are both overall good in unique ways.

Bros...I love her so much...

Attached: 2019091321334200-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

Attached: 1568088126534.jpg (3000x2222, 398K)

i want to fuck her so bad bros

About the ice cream quest, can you use the sword legion to "blueshift" the faggot kid that comes running down the stairs and stop him from bumping you?

Attached: 1568364231431.jpg (1450x2048, 378K)

Attached: 2019091321342100-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

Attached: 1568155765356.jpg (900x1274, 161K)

>pretend you don't know she's lappy
>talk to lappy about how you want to mating press her

i want have sex with marie after she gets done her work shift

>Marie agrees to it
Wew, I wonder how Alan would handle the NTR

I don't think Alan is even in the running, she complains that he won't even help her with simple tasks and would rather watch.

>As for people who are somehow struggling with the concept of moving their legion to a platform and pressing a trigger to automatically jump then I dunno what to tell you,
The hitboxes are awful and even if a legion is standing somewhere you can land and you have a clear line of sight, you can bump a rail and instantly fall down. The jump mechanics in the game are pretty awful.

That's true. On top of that, she barely acknowledges him existing anyway.

Nope

I just beat the game literally a minute ago; does it even explicitly say that Legions get the user’s DNA imprinted into them? Or is that just what everyone assumes with the last couple scenes
I also never noticed any Arrow Legion nod
Overall, great game. Will go through some of the old files I got mediocre ranks on for sure

Attached: Asstral Chain.jpg (1260x845, 145K)

I assumed it was due to the Howard twins being pretty unique. Hell, Hal flat out says that after fusion, you have Chimera dna or whatever in your bloodstream.

This is the number 1 reason that a silent MC doesn't work.

Currently at Chapter 8.
It pretty bad but not as bad as you all say. The cardboard box was the only hard one. I was able to figure out the cars but it took me failing for 20 minutes, then going to sleep and doing it within 5 minutes the next day.

>Platinum games are usually written by the director
that would explain some things

They don't just memories, due the neural link.

Why do people hate the arrow legion? It lets you do UPSIDE DOWN ARROW SHOTS

Attached: 2019091322002100-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

Arrow legion is my favorite famalam

i just think hes kinda weak but thats a really nice shot

It makes a pretty poor first impression, at first it seems designed solely for smacking orbs in the astral plain. It isn't until the skill tree gets filled out and you get some critical boosts on him that he begins to shred enemies.

I used it with the gun on the vine monsters in the mall so I didn't have to get near them, and it destroyed them.

For a second I thought you had figured out a way to enter Aim Mode during the Arrow Delay SA, but you were just talking about that sync attack itself. Bit disappointed, since that'd be cool as shit. Arrow's my favourite Legion for a multitude of reasons.

>Great range, so it can act as your ranged support while you mix it up in close range
>Can slow time itself with slow shot, giving you more time to do attacks that take a while to get to the finisher like the basic Gladius combo
>Aim Mode lets you spam charged headshots as long as you've got the energy for it thanks to focusing
>Fastest base speed so great for chain binds
>Fantastic AOE in the form of the 360 sync attack
>Delay sync attack does a backflip and is fucking great for getting out of enemy range
>Dodge SA is great for that as well since it lifts you up out of harms way
>Badass perfect call that also creates space between you and the enemy
>The Hit Rush is bananas and has range unlike all other Hit Rushes
>Fliers get vaporised within seconds of you bringing it out

Try Arrow, Anons. I guarantee you won't regret it.

hell no. Sword can zandatsu him during attack startup which is great, and roundsword is a fantastic damage dealer. Arrow is good for sniping him when he teleports away, he's easy to headshot, and it has a good legion rush too. Arm gattai gives you superarmor and does good damage, and arm's perfect dodge sync attack is invincible.

I was using every legion pretty regularly.

>Hand

>i really enjoyed astral chain should i play xenoblade?
They're completely different games only having some superficial plot elements in common. I only played the first Xenoblade, but that game was more about exploring the majesty of the world which were two giants (one living plant/animal, the other machine), and you were like a small ant traveling along these giants. The game plays like an RPG, more specifically like Final Fantasy 11's online MMORPG, with tanks, dps, and healers etc.
Astral Chain was like being a futuristic cop fighting extra dimensional beings, and the combat is based on the player & it's chained Legion servant, who fight at the same time.

95% of the time the protaganists in each of their stories don't know what's going on, it's kind of a mystery. They go through completely different obstacles, lives, hardships, that give completely different experiences. Just because the masterminds in Evangelion and Astral Chain wish to become divine, through combining everyone into a single being, doesn't make the experiences similar.

It's a literally plot motivation thing, where the motivation for a character (villain/antagonist) is to seek the divine/become the divine. Technically, from a literary standpoint, it's the same thing as acquiring immense knowledge (become as if divine, through knowledge). The masterminds each do this for different reasons, Gendo wants to reinuite with the soul of his dead wife, who is forever trapped inside a murderous giant robot, and is willing to destroy the world for this. Yoseph just wants power, when all beings are he will be in control. Xenoblade is different from those, and the story's main protaganists/antagonists are not really about combining everything into one life form.

Plot points are similar, but executions are completely different experiences. Don't believe hyperbole saying they're just the same.

Also I think you'll like Xenoblade if you like RPGs

Attached: 1168129957232406528_1168129957232406528b.webm (852x480, 2.99M)

play xenoblade chronicles 1 when it comes out on switch and then 2.

Attached: xenoblade 2 blade switching.webm (900x506, 2.68M)

thank you for this user it was really well written i will wait for the switch port of xenoblade in 2020 but now i am very interested in this game thank you

This is really dopey tech, but I found out that you can actually switch Legions with the wheel before the menu pops up or any slowdown happens by moving the analog stick in the direction and doing a slightly long press. So it should be possible to do stylish combos without interruption for Legion switching.

>ive never seen evangelion

I'LL BE YOUR SAVVIORRRR

akira no longer shows up at the title screen after completing the game

Attached: 1524929322464.jpg (287x250, 12K)

soft

what the heck is her problem?

Attached: 2019091320094700-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

>One big eva ripoff
Bait but I'll bite.

>Fighting fire with fire is now an eva ripoff
Pokemon? Eva Ripoff
Just about any scene where humanity is restricted to certain locations because of inhabitable/dangerous locations? Eva ripoff
Ayys? You guessed it. Eva.
Development of morally questionable superweapons/bioweapons as a desperate attempt to defend humanity/a country/etc? Call up those fucking lawyers because you bet your ass it's an eva ripoff
>Nobody gets development and MC is voiceless
The audacity of this brainlet
Your old man who adopted you died, everyone who cared about him is distraught by that and pushes themselves harder as a result. This entire story doesn't exactly revolve around you. Yes perhaps YOU (the player and the character you control) can be interpreted as the MC, but a main character is just about any notable person involved in the actions against The chimera, a unified will to live. YOU yourself didn't get that far through your own actions. You have the entire Neuron corps to thank for things like gear and information.
>pointless filler
Memories of a certain Latina mami Lopez explains her kindness and how she's taken a liking to us, and how she has been hit just as hard, the same with some others.
>Is the story cliche/easy to read?
Yeah, it that it can be cliche at times, but I find it endearing.
>Combat is overly simplistic
Wh... You what? Do you just look at the base ingredients of a recipe and not think of what to make with it on your own? Do you have an extended delay between what your eyes see and when you react?

Attached: 1567712400301.webm (508x640, 2.71M)

What if this is the confirmation that the real one is indeed dead?

that's just going to make me feel bad every time i see them in file 12

I thought I was going to like her the most, but in the end I thought Olive was a better waifu.
>only one there for you when tragedy happens
>willing to betray the place she works to keep you safe and help you
>risks life and limb to protect not just you, but everyone she cares about

Figured she’d be a thot, but she ended up being best girl.

Jena is pretty much a "what if Annette Birkin injected herself with the G-Virus instead of William and was able to maintain most of her humanity?"
^spoilers for both this game and Resident Evil 2

Attached: 172[1].png (172x500, 105K)

does anyone remeber where you can buy the force barrier item or whatever it's called? I have to S+ rank the chapter 7 case where you have to fight while your legion is sucking off the half dead cop and I was thinking about putting a barrier so they don't get hit while I fight the contaminated dumbasses

Drops will happen (in file 8)?
The big city part

She's gone from the title screen for most of the game.

damn...that's exactly what it means. So long Akira
She loves the occult, just like she loves fortune telling and dark corners.
you actually do meet another member of the "Ark Occult Society", of which Shizu is a member. He's that one NPC in Harmony square who says that going to the Astral Plane isn't anything special because its all sceintific now. I think he was Ark Occult Society member 11 or something tha thad 11 in his name. He was up on the bridge near where you had to give the girl a balloon that was stuck in a tree
can't remember where you buy those, but those things only shield against projectiles. It won't help when you're blueshifting that cop, since most of the attackers are melee fighters. Remember, you can call off your legion and have him fight with you a while if things get too hairy, and then go back to blueshifting the cop (you won't lose any progress). It's probably easier to just use drones, stun/explosion grenades if you're having trouble.
I didn't like her when that poor guy was trying to woo her, and she hated the sodas he brought her (only choice I was aware of at the time). Felt bad for the guy that I reset the chapter, had him give her the bag, then she sweetly dumped him saying she wasn't looking for a boyfriend. He was at peace just confessing and brought down easy.
...Then while Olive was one the sofa she said something like "Can you believe that guy?
LOL what a loser!"
I hated her character for that moment. Later I found out that was her scripted response to whatever present you got her, 4/5 are awful presents, and they didn't write a kind statement for that one good present.
Still, she had a ton of courage for somebody who was virtually a civilian. I'm not even sure she went through basic training, making her more courageous. Becomes de facto department chief later b/c of her organization skills

Attached: 1568392362658.jpg (720x1000, 98K)

So IRIS Voice A is the pod, and B is 2B?
I also have F but I'm not really sure who the voice is.
Anyone get other voices?

ANOTHER DAY
ANOTHER TRAGEDY

Attached: bca.jpg (500x505, 25K)

Fuck, i tried the birthdate but forgot they could use the retarded formatting

No. Did you read the post? MS games are dogshit.

We already have confirmation, read Akira's profile.

>She

I'm using the one that's Marie's VA.

I hadn’t done that side quest yet, that’s a shame. Anybody who talks poorly about people behind they backs without reason is back to a thot status in my books. Hell, I don’t like talking about people behind their backs in general, even when I take issue with them.

dog perfect dodge combo is the most stylish one in the game, right

>playing female

I’m thinking it’s because whenever the real Akira is fit for duty she’s on the title screen, which kind of puts an end to if the Akira that came back as a Raven was a clone or not. When the real Akira is hurt or dead she’s gone from the title.

It creates kind of a weird melancholy at the end of the game. Here you have your sister with all her memories and personality, but your real sister, the one you grew up with, is dead and the title screen is there to remind you that..

>playing male

Is a good idea

Attached: 1544990660109.jpg (1801x2048, 289K)

The lrgion chimera blushing is just cute to me.

Pretty fucking based will faggot OP ever recover?

You get to hear the cute girl voice and get the coolest slicked back haircut as male though

>coolest slicked back haircut
My nigga.

I think Olive states that she actually has some training for fighting chimeras, or at least aberrations, It's why she knows how to use that gun. That said, she smartly ducks in a corner when the chimeras show up.

I'm aware of the profile, but I figured this was another way of the game showing it. You know, that kind of 'devil in the details' kind of thing.

YEah noahs a bit of a let down boss wise aside from the scale of it. I get a lot more fun fighting huge groups of enemies to weave chain through to hit, launch charging ones back, and bind, and such.

In the case any versus topics pop up, I gotta ask: Is Noah's instant kill attack basically a black hole?

Where the fuck is Lappy running around in file 8?

He shows up after you talk to a cop holding a balloon.

I agree with some of OP, I'm on File 09 and I haven't really been itching to finish it up. Story and characters sucked, Kyle is cool and Marie is hot, but that's about it. Combat has a lot going on, but for whatever reason, I can't seem to fully click with it. I ended up just doing Angel Slayer runs in Bayo1 instead.

And how do you catch him? he runs like forrest gump.

How do you kill the slimes? I know how to get the File 1 and 4 slimes to appear, but I shoot them and chain them and nothing works

Have your legion charge them, and I believe X-baton attacks can help too.

Yep. If you let that suck you in say good bye to a battery.

Attached: Where_Could_Lappy_Be.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

They only have 4 health, each hit takes 1 bit of health. Some guy posted a webm about it, he made it look easy. I'm pretty sure he charged the slimes, but I always screwed up with that. Instead I would chase after them riding the beast legion, get off nearby and hit it with my baton. I only tried to go after them after I beat the game, because before then I'd always screw up killing them.

Also, ranged attacks don't hurt it, so don't bother using arrow legion's slo-motion shots to kill it

Attached: EEYQvPBW4AIReEK.jpg (2208x1242, 442K)

>tfw use manual arrow legion for everything

only disapointing thing about it is that the charged pistol sync attack with arrow has a shit legion. If I want to snipe things with that, I have to switch to arm or beast

Truly graffiti artists are the most dangerous criminals of all time.

Wrong. During file 7 you can clearly see Marie and Lappy at two different places at once.

Eva as in evangelion? Because that story is as stupid as it gets. I haven't seen a more mind-numbing anime in all my life. The fact that it's so overrated saddens me.

Attached: LordHaart.jpg (171x192, 13K)

Why do you receive the ability to quick travel around Neuron from?

who*

SHIZU LOOK OUT!

Always remember that you can rearrange what order your Legions rotate it in so if you have it set up right you can just tap Y instead of holding it to switch to the Legion you want without breaking the flow of combat. Personally I have it go Arrow Axe Arm Beast Sword, but I'm still tweaking it.

Did the motherfucker who drew this get it autographed by the Akira VA's? That's fucking sick. I'd kill for Brianna Knickerbocker's autograph.

Pretty sure that was from Lappy or Marie

yeah it is pretty bad, no wonder nobody is talking about it

Are you blind or COPING?

you are most definitely coping

So just a snoyfag, hilarious how you still COPE and try to make your SEETHING seem legit and not one autistic fag who didn't play the game.

seems like BOTH voice actors for the Akira twins signed it! Looks like they even commissioned it!
twitter.com/sariya_asa/status/1172643167180427264

Attached: EEYQvPBW4AIReEL.jpg (1232x1033, 176K)

Around 43:00 mark
youtube.com/watch?v=dgJ5qhWep4M

Blunderfag is that you?

>When you and the other VA that plays your character commission artwork of that character and then sign it for the artist
Exceedingly based.

Thanks user, you're a lifesaver. Once I S+ that fight I can move on to File 04.

Hi Eric.

>Wh... You what? Do you just look at the base ingredients of a recipe and not think of what to make with it on your own?
don't bother, it's spergs who're buttmad because you can't jump cancel into infinite juggles like in bayo

About to start the game tonight. Is there JP VA?

Yes, you can turn it on after the first chapter

Test

icles

youtube.com/watch?v=ot0LuxNy1x8

Nope, you can do it as soon you can get to the main menu.

>Wonder when this Homunculus Y type will show up that I've seen referenced online a few times
>Only now just realized that people misread the gamma character as 'Y'

Attached: 1563986402257.jpg (478x492, 109K)

why does this game have so many final boss sounding music?
youtube.com/watch?v=webWpQJWfJY
youtube.com/watch?v=EPwGWpBz5Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=rLW-pgJV2T4

Because it's PlatinumGames.

You can actually get to the main menu as soon as you hit ZL + ZR, just restart the game.

>P-P-P-PLEEEEEASE BROOOS! I NEEEED IT TO F-F-FAIL! E-E-EVERYONE HATES THAT DAMN N-N-NINTENDY GAME, R-RIGHT? SEEEETHE XD, PLEASE I HAVE NOTHING TO PLAY, JUST HATE NINTENDO EXCLUSIVES!

>it's not an eva ripoff just because they fight fire with fire
You're right.
It's an Eva ripoff because the entire plot is that Gendo (I mean Yoseph) is colluding with semi-anonymous world powers (SEELE no wait "AVATARS") that are seen as giant tablets to use a cloned girl named Rei oops I mean Akira to force all humans into one existence called instrumentality.

Tang is the final boss you faggot

well, after all I just slurped an attack up and shoot all those niggas before they could get close. kek.

>those little purple niggers who buff other enemies

Worst shit in the game, trying to kill them floating above me while the targeting system goes insane

I've beat the game without knowing how to quickly change target. Right stick doesn't do it, untargeting and then targeting again ends up selecting the same enemy again most the time.

>Oliv case
>ARES
>he is almost dead
>buff nigga joins the fight
>Ares becomes big again and gets the buff
>can't see buff nigga, he is most likely inside Ares
>can't slash the link because I can't see shit
>get KO in one hit by Ares
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It only accepts "flicks"
You have to hit the edge of the stick and return it to neutral really fast to cycle targets
It's terrible, like most of this game's controls

arrow legion L attack, enter bullet time and charge shot them to death, easiest thing ever

the buried ones are far more annoying

These are hyper annoying in the post game missions.

>That one postgame mission where they spawn them with the fucking wolf enemies.
I want to strangle whoever thought that one up

Worst ones are the one you have to dig for, never had a problem with the flying ones, just point your camera up and send your legion up there.

How to get S+ on stealth missions?

This
cope and dilate 40%'er

Don't get caught and be quick, wrapping up all guards usually helps.

Don't let them find you, if they find you load the file again. Chain everyone, you get a lot of points for that.

Thanks

Why is this game so fucking long? My save file says 15 hours of playtime and I only just beat file 06, which I assume is only around halfway done.

I feel like the giants are worse because half the time they obscuring your view of the ones in the air or in the ground

Why didn't you post this on metacritic and give it a 0/10, JirenGamer25?

Just finished the main game, file 11 was 10/10 pure Platinum goodness, I wish the rest of the game could have had a similar pace but I understand why it doesnt. I havent felt that threatened by a final boss in a long time, fucker was ragdolling me left and right and chewed through more batteries in 5 minutes than I had probably used the whole game

>Noah was across the arena and I needed to get some batteries back
>open the wheel
>the frame before I open it he teleports right beside me
>mfw
>dodge right out of the timefreeze wheel because fuck shit he's right beside me I dont know what he's gonna do
>he delayed an attack and kicked my skull across the stage as the dodge was ending

How are you even alive in canon after that fight? Shit felt like you were Vegeta fighting final form Freiza on Namek with the way he just fucking brutalizes you.

Attached: 1561298333832.jpg (1013x923, 109K)

Because people has been complaining that P* games are too short for years.

Legion sync makes you super human just like blueshift does.

Reminder that Jena's homuculus plan made to much sense so they added in nonsense about wanting send the world to the astral plane to make her look wrong.

Attached: Astral_Chain_Jena_Anderson.jpg (721x749, 122K)

>The camera is also pretty terrible, often getting stuck.
Wow yes its so fucking hard to turn the camara with the right stick or press it to autoaim
What was fucking nintendo thinking? Im going back to play uncharted 4 once again

>Nintendo.
You mean Platinum Games.

>can't control camera and legion at the same time
>camera gets caught on corners, road dividers, enemiee, literally anything with geometry
>enemies/objects don't have dithering when close to the camera
>lock on doesn't use the vertical axis
>changing targets with lock on is finicky because it requires a "flick" instead of just fucking moving the right stick
It's shit

Sound like you need to get good and stop relying on crutches.

how is a flick "finicky"

it's just a different input

>lol sorry that flick wasn't fast enough that's just a turn
>lol you didn't go back to neutral fast enough fuck you

>camera gets stuck
>try to turn it
>can't because it's stuck
You didn't think this through

>I'm too retarded to flick an analog stick correctly so it's the game's fault
you're the kind of inept clod who complains about kid icarus uprising I'm sure

So Jena’s plan is actually really simple and people are overcomplicating it. Her entire plan is to kill Yoseph. That’s it. The homunculus and the terrorist broadcast are diversions so she can kill Yoseph and stop his plan. She doesn’t care if the Astral Plane consumes everything, in her mind that’s natural, all she cares about is preserving humanity by preventing Yoseph’s instrumentalality.

If you're trying to talk about good cameras you probably shouldn't bring up kid arthritis

BASED

Just finished File 11 myself, does anyone have the pastebin of hidden stuff? I didn't end up finding much on my own, I'd like to get them now

>Hal is voiced by 9S and never appears in game outside of a hologram, the "oddly familiar voices" for IRIS are 2B and the pods
Hey wait a second you're onto something here

>he's too physically weak to hold a 3ds
LOL, so this is the "power" of people complaining about Astral Chain.
People with twig arms, weak as fuck sissies.

>Noah ignores chain bind and half his attacks don't have tendons to cut
>but howl always works and beast ride makes you completely invincible
What a fucking joke
Platinum please fire whoever was in charge of enemy/encounter design. They are terrible at their job.

I'm talking about inputs, try to follow

there's nothing finicky about R3 flicks, it's not waggle you just suck

How the fuck do I S+ the Berserker Arm Legion mission? The normal way keeps getting me fucked in the slime, and the Arm Legion itself isn't helpful.

perfect call, howl, gravity bomb, spam crash bomb

Equip anti-slime
This is an RPG, not an action game

Is this the newest COPE?

This is reality

At work and this game just killed my left joycon. These last 2 hours are going to suck.

RIP

FPBP

Attached: thumbs up.png (300x380, 141K)

So just the newest COPE, good to know.

You have to pay people and get shit done somehow. What else would someone in that position do to get his work done? It's the idea of shareholders, just changing the tapestry. Somewhat anonymously funding people for something in your interest shouldn't be a shocker (See Simon Mann for example ). God forbid you take hold of the DNA of a person of interest to help push along your goals. It's not even like he particularly had a focus on us, we stumbled into HIS lap, and he capitalized on it. You're making connections where there are none, and throwing out common practices as a ripoff. And if I recall, it was mentioned that humanity would exist WITHIN Noah (Noah's ark and all that biblical shit), though I'm not sure as to what extent. Though Yoseph wished to take control of Noah and annihilate the Astral Plane itself with that power, effectively making him control humanity as it is. Seems more like a stereotypical "Rule the world" idea to me

Attached: 060925.jpg (800x636, 174K)

Attached: InconsequentialJoyousAcornbarnacle-size_restricted.gif (437x293, 3.07M)

Anyone have a full equipment/accessories list?

Attached: EEY2tdpXYAAWCzC.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

HOW TO BEAT NOAH:

Step 1: Beast Howl
Step 2: Strongest Hit Rush besides Beast or Axe
Step 3: Axe stun Sync Attack
Step 4: Beast Ride until Howl refreshes
GOTO 10

Attached: jay.gif (294x197, 942K)

Try to use that against Aether

>go through post-game
No thanks, I only even beat Noah because I refused to not even finish a P* game
Not really a fan of how it turned out

Their mother was redshifting while giving birth

Be quick, chain guards up.
Easiest way to chain somebody up is by equipping as many +chain length extensions on the legion you use to chain with (I think the default is 10 meters, but with extensions you can go to 18 meters).

Sometimes the guards won't move or are in bad patrol, so bait them to move by throwing a can.

I got the impression that she wanted humanity to become chimeras or "return" to the astral plane. To me it never felt like her only goal was trying to stop Yoseph, but rather she had her own goal and couldn't achieve it if Yoseph succeeded.
this might help youtube.com/watch?v=10AICfrpI_o

Attached: 67966884_150210426069688_1284570834444465115_n.jpg (1080x1350, 275K)

>gets btfo from fpbp and it turns into a discussion thread

Attached: IMG_2850.jpg (700x671, 76K)

>she wanted humanity to become chimeras
One of her arguments with Yoseph is that wouldn't have to stop being humans. That's point of blueshift. It keeps people from getting turned and makes them strong as shit.

Shame them niggas OD'd.
It was a good plan.

>implying this wasn't the plan all along

trips confirms, keikaku doori

OP here
Why would someone make a thread and not want it to become discussion

But what Jena was doing with the homunculi and Blue Evolve had nothing to do with blueshifting, right? She ended up using Blue Evolve to turn into some kind of chimera hybrid anyway.
...What the heck were the homunculi about, anyway? Were they special chimeras or something? There's a lot about the plot I really don't get.

Attached: 1489538094025.png (314x278, 129K)

I'm pretty sure they weren't Chimera. They didn't have cores and they ate chimera.

Do the cat ears change colour based on the hair colour or are they always black?

Attached: Lappy.png (1092x1200, 160K)

Seems that the Seekers of Wealth/Glory/Power are the heads of UNION, essentially the world government that's also in charge of the ARK (most of humanity slowly got screwed by Chimera gates, the ARK was supposed to be the last safe place). I say this because it says UNION over their heads, although obscured.

Those Seekers are probably not the Prophets. Seekers, besides being UNION government heads, are probably also the financiers of the ARK. When they ask Yoseph how much money & lives they expect to throw at Yoseph, so Yoseph can protect humanity from Chimeras (the Seekers ultimate goal). They keep referring to humanity's doom, Yoseph's plan as just a project, the Chimera's as horrors.

The Prophets are different. The Seekers called the ARK just a project, of a false savior (Yoseph). Whereas the Prophets told Yoseph to build the ARK in the first place. Prophets said that this "doom" has happened twice before, and strangely consider Chimera Gates as a third "test". Yoseph didn't believe the Prophets because their methods weren't scientific, but apparently he was convinced implying they were good at telling the future.
What's most interesting is that the Prophets sought Yoseph because his interest in human evolution interested them. But even more than that, Yoseph's collected notes are called "Per Aspera Ad Acram" which means "through hardships to the stars", probably become godlike one way or another, or atleast a higher form of evolution.

Let's not forget that it's heavily implied Yoseph's group was giving drugs that would redshift people. Obviously he was trying to force some half evolution, a situation that brought forth the twins.

Another thing to note is the moon is red, probably covered in gates.

TL;DR:
Seekers are surely different than the Prophets.
Seekers are all about SURVIVAL.
Prophets are all about people become more than just human.

Attached: 76762706_p0.jpg (2048x1536, 2.67M)

They change color based on your outfit color scheme

This game has so many cute short haired tomboy NPCs

Biggest downside to the game for me is the silent protagonist, they have a voice for each sibling so why not voice them.
I'm so tired of games that have the protag interacting with people but all they do is nod, give them a fucking personality.

Silent protag's need to die off

Thanks.

Wasted digits Eric.

eh...now I'm a little more lost.

1) Seems Blue Evolve drug was really from Yoseph, not Jena.
* Douglas is employee of ARI
* Douglas said "I know drug was still experimental" and "the drug was supposed to help people, that's what HE said". The "He" is surely Yoseph.
* Studying security camera images by Douglas' body, Hal will say "Douglas showed up right as (Jena was) leaving, but he didn't try to get the case back (from her)". Jena took a case of Blue Evolve from Douglas' stash (seems he had 3 cases, one Kyle took, one Jena took, and one near his dead body).
* Blue Evolve just seems to be the successor drug that turns people into Chimeras & redshifts people, similar to the drugs given to Zone 09 that caused the pandemic 20 years ago.
* There seems to be two versions of Blue Evolve. The one the Hermits usually take where they retain their humanity, can fight & see chimeras. And the latest final batch of blue evolve that not only transforms hermits into aberrations, but freaking calls in gates and almost pulled part of the world into the astral plane.

Evidence points to Blue Evolve being a creation of Yoseph, not Jena. Yoseph used Douglas to distribute it to the Hermits who were used as guinea pigs, also cause a second pandemic.

I'm getting confused, will have to replay game. Like you can lightning in skyscrapers way off in distance was the Humunculous Beta that Jena called...but why send it to Zone 09? Fight Hermits? Pandemic? You?
Also will have to watch youtu.be/rE9Abs3wka8 see if any story elements hinted
>they have a voice for each sibling so why not voice them
frontlinejp.net/2019/09/03/astral-chain-developer-interview-with-taura-and-kamiya-part-2/
"...having the protagonist silent and letting the player change their clothes results in the player being able to emphathise more"

Attached: EEO3-spU0AIl-F3.jpg (1024x588, 62K)

Just because they defend it in their own game does not make it good.

I just cleared Chapter 11 and Chapter 12 is giving me a big list of postgame busywork. Is there anything worthwhile at the end of it, or is it just padding to give a way to grind materials?

>"...having the protagonist silent and letting the player change their clothes results in the player being able to emphathise more"
Can't say I empathise with someone who barely made a noise when their sibling was impaled. We sympathise with characters who show humanity, not with emotionless husks to be 'projected' on to.

I get that silent protags let you fill the shoes a bit better, but I really don't think that works in a game like this. Most games with worthwhile silent protagonists are things like Bioshock or Half-Life where you're always in the moment (especially if it's in first person) and you're expected to act as yourself.

In Astral Chain, it just made for lots of moments where the protagonist grunts and makes a bunch of gritty facial expressions in place of dialogue. Worse still, it makes the player character (and you by extension) feel utterly devoid of agency because you ALWAYS have to have at least 1 supporting character around at all times to act as the player's voice.

What's the point of having me self-insert as the protagonist if I have to have Hal or Akira with me at all times to say things that the protagonist should be asking.

I think it would have worked if the protagonist was just a strong and quiet type; talking when necessary, but being quiet most of the time.

Attached: iunderstandcompletely.png (420x421, 451K)

Silent protagonists are literally never good. Even in Persona you get some dialogue options.

Japan is obsessed with self-insertion for some reason. The fantasy is so much more important to them than the story.
The evidence is painfully obvious just about everywhere.

Not saying it's good or bad, and they're not defending it but explaining their motivation. Seeing that sentence again
>He personally likes games with character customisation, and says that having the protagonist silent and letting the player change their clothes results in the player being able to emphathise more."He personally likes games with character customisation, and says that having the protagonist silent and letting the player change their clothes results in the player being able to emphathise more."
now I feel like he was going after the type of game tone you see in other games, like say Fallout where you can customize your character but he never speaks (except text choices). Maybe that's what he was going for.

Personally, I don't like it either and would rather your character talk & have a personality. I'm just bringing up what they said about why they did it this way.

Attached: astral_chain___female_akira_by_thanweiss_ddfpc4s-fullview.jpg (1280x906, 171K)

Japanese silent protagonists are never good. All the Persona protags suck, but Doomguy doesn't

>but Doomguy doesn't
Doomguy shows more personality in his little portrait next to his health and in the text at the end of games than the MC in Astral Chain ever did.

alright then

It works in something like Persona because you gets lots of downtime where you can define your character a little bit. Like in Persona 4 you get lots of social links where you're generally presented with a few different dialogue choices throughout that don't really tend to make any actual difference, but they let you consistently play your character in a certain way. Sure, when it comes to the actual main story you're not really able to choose your path, but your character being silent (and also the camera not being right in their face) lets you imagine their own internal monologue a little better.

Like in Persona 5, you can play Akira as a massive couger-hunter who's super into scoring with Kawakami, or you can be a cool big brother-type who helps out a few kids with their personal issues. Neither contradicts the character as presented, but it means that later on when you're presented with, say, Shadow Sae, you can imagine how Akira is feeling about the situation and it doesn't feel contradictory.

Astral Chain has almost no downtime like that. Even in Chapter 5 and 8 when you're just dicking about, you're still getting in fights all the time and you have almost no dialogue choices. I can't self insert into a character like that easily, and certainly not in such a short game as Astral Chain, so it doesn't work at all.

I think they missed out on having a fun protagonist. It was especially jarring for me because I'd just got done playing Catherine, which has Vincent who is very easy to relate to and is a really enjoyable protagonist, and then Astral Chain's protag is just devoid of all emotion and personality.

literally just did that part and was screaming at my guy to fucking react in some way. Scream, show anger, throw whatever you can at the bitch that just stabbed your sibling

>lets you imagine their own internal monologue a little better.
And that's fucking stupid and has no place in anything that's not a tabletop game where you can literally speak for your character.

This fucking game gets shittier and shittier every day holy shit. Literally nobody ITT can even say anything positive about it anymore.

Doomguy isn't really a character in the same way. You never see his face, he's barely involved in any cutscenes, and almost every cutscene is just him breaking shit. Almost his entire personality can be summed up as "angry".

I mean I just finished it and had a blast with it. Probably a solid 7/10, but I think it could have been improved.

>Almost his entire personality can be summed up as "angry".
And that's all the story calls for, so it's perfect. When you have a character that has a family, friends, and is part of something as close knit as a police department and they don't react to anything at all that's happening around them, it's just bad.

I really like the game, just not the way the Japanese handle silent protagonists

I mean I said i don't like the silent protag but i am enjoying the game, i can see where they could have improved but just like breath of the wild i will overall enjoy the game and hope it is improved upon in the sequel

>You never see his face
That's a yikes from me, bro.

Yeah I agree. It works for Doom because that game is very singular in its purpose. You're an angry guy killing demons and the rest of the plot is basically just set dressing for that.

It would have worked in Astral Chain too if you didn't have your sibling desu. That link is what makes your character feel so dispassionate; cause you're expecting they care about their sibling, and you're led to believe that's the case, but having only your sibling talk the entire time just makes it feel weird.

If your character had no relation to anyone else, it would have felt more like something like Dishonored where you're just some solo loner guy who doesn't talk at all.

Reminder this game would be a 9/10 if it came out on ps4, as it stands I have to give it a 7/10

As in there aren't big long cutscenes and mid-battle cutscenes that show close-ups of doomguy's face every 5 seconds to let them emote a tiny bit but not actually say anything.

Attached: 3571068-2019081415544100-257fd939428e4bfe6bf9e2f559d5037a.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

I know you're meming, but I actually think running at 60fps would improve this game a lot.

>It would have worked in Astral Chain too if you didn't have your sibling desu
No it wouldn't have. Police departments are a very tight brotherhood, and him just standing them slack-jawed the entire time while things happen around him don't make sense. A character that doesn't react to their father dying or a monster merging with them makes no sense at all.

Calm down, seething snoygroid. Being upset on Yea Forums won't whisk away the massive amouunt of copies AC sold

if this game didnt make the MC silent i would give it a 9/10 but the fact that the twin you play never talks even during these emotional ass scenes makes no sense at all. If they have recorded voice lines for each twin already WHY THE FUCK DONT WE TALK DURING THE STORY THE I CANT IMMERSE MYSELF IN A WORLD LIKE THIS

do u rike serf insert?

Many have already said it, but fuck this guy. Whether you spam howl or play it “””””fairly”””””” he’s either a skill spam fest or a ball-bustingly high difficulty spike. I enjoyed my time with this game, but they dropped the ball on a lot of the bosses here.

Attached: BBD2D67B-BAB1-475F-AC0D-CCC29BAB8FDE.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

MC just seems like a psychopath with their lack of emotional responses. Doesn't help that the faces they do pull look goofy as fuck and pull you out of the scene instantly.

I didn't have any problems with him, he killed me once with his ring of death but that's about it.

not really but i would really like for the MC to say something when something emotional happens besides UGHHHGHHGHGHAHGH

this I cant really take any of the scenes seriously that are supposed to be making the story feel heavy. Its just head nods and its so boring

same, I don't get what's so hard about noah, I had more troubles with jena

just use axe and beast passive defensive skills and he's no big deal

Then how did Jena expect humans to stay human when the entire planet got archived?

Why dont they just say Howard and Akira instead of saying you him and her. its so dumb they have names why the fuck arent they used

but they use Howard sometimes

ive only heard Yoseph say howard only a handful of times

So point blank, can anybody explain Jena to me, because I still don't get everything.
I understand she wants to stop Yoseph, but still don't grasp all of her actions.

Whenever you examine pods or humonculous, it says that Jena created them in the Astral Plane from raw materials she stole from ARI. I get the impression the material she stole was when she broke into ARI at the beginning of file 04, not when she disappeared 20 years ago. If so it seems like she was able to create the humonculous in a matter of days, which seems to make sense because humonculous alpha, beta and gamma all seem to be introduced within days of eachother, and they get progressively more advanced with each iteration. Had she been working on humonculous for 20 years, they would've probably all been the same since there would've been time to perfect the technique & apply to all three.

Jena also seemed to have attached the Legion production line at beginning of File 04. Later when she sees the first raven (your twin) she comments that it is work done by Yoseph to stop her.

She seems to be half chimera, superhuman strong & able to transform body parts into chimera parts and back to human parts again. But nobody knows how she got this way, or why can't they replicate process on somebody else
you mean like this guy? I was writing two big ol posts about trying to understand the story and the motivation between characters, because I was intrigued by the story & enjoyed it. Obviously, you care enough about the game to bumped the thread, when the worst you could've done is ignored it.

Attached: EDgxeb2U8AAyvuJ.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

The final Boss felt pretty bland, i don't like it when fights are railroading you into using just one legion. It turns a fight into a hectic puzzle.

>meme meme meme buzzword meme meme buzzword
fuck off god i fucking hate this board

Please respond

Good, I guess we can add a feat that says that Legions are capable of outrunning a black hole. That should make the Howard twins pretty formidable in a versus topic that allows them to use fusion.

Is there a place where you can take a non combat photo of Jena?

make a petition maybe you'll get it faster

>implying anyone even bought octopath traveller

steamdb.info/app/921570/graphs/

Sorry but no one can appreciate actually good video games outside of Nintendo.

that ending was a fuckin' wild ride. i think i can safely say Bayo/W101/AC are the Platinum holy trinity for me. now to decide between Olive's cases or going back for those S+ ranks..

I think there's a secret final boss if you clear like 70 fights

File 04, when you first see her with Avery and Mitsuru. It's hard to get a picture from the overpass so take one from the stairs.

Eva is a fucking shit anime anyway, what's your point?

70 combat based missions plus a secret boss.
Many people complained there wasn't enough combat during the story, postgame is 100% combat. They get progressively harder, also give you fewer and fewer items. I could only do 40 missions before I started getting wrecked.
Same here. I think maybe I died two or three times, but the game gives you tons of battery refills on top of the three or four you start with. I don't think he was hard. Maybe the fight was long, but that's it.
Don't know what you're talking about. Only time I felt compelled to use a specific legion was using the beast to outrun the black hole. I was constantly switching my legions around, especially to use the axe to use the blue shield = invincibility for 3 hits

Attached: Artbook_D_PY56lU8AEr8_f2.jpg (1937x676, 295K)

>hburr dur what if we made bayonetta but forced the automatic mode on the player

not having direct control over the chimera is the dumbest shit ever. let ME do the cuhrayzee shit, god damnit, instead of just moving the right stick

you sound like you suck at this game

>he cant beyblade his Sword Legion
>he doesn't use the Legion skills

Attached: beyblade bind.webm (640x360, 2.53M)

what's really sad is that Lappy and Marie don't get the recognition they deserve and basically disappear from the game midway

The S+ ranks on the normal missions are much more attainable.
Olive's missions eventually get so ridiculous and you get fewer and fewer resources as you go on. You don't even get AED hearts once you get like 30 missions in and the enemies get more and more status spam.

R3 postgame missions are on Ultimate difficulty, so they don't give you revives and you take Legion damage during the R3 missions

i think you're confused user, this is Astral Chain, not Bayonetta.
i see, thank you anons. think i'll go back for whatever Premium cores i can get from the S+ running process before postgame, in that case. i missed a shit ton of cosmetics too.

This is pretty much all SE fault. They jewed hard for the port. This isn't even the first, nor the last, time they pull this type of shit.

A few of the characters you'd thought would stick around disappear halfway. Jin, Alicia, Kyle, there are probably more but I can't remember them. Jin in particular I thought was going to get a redemption arc of sorts, too bad he leaves the story still needing to be saved by the kids
also
>Lappy and Marie don't get the recognition they deserve
Do you mean ingame? Pretty sure Marie/Lappy are fan favourites

Nah, it'll happen with TSA and NMH3 too.

Eh, they do show up but they have pretty much blended in with the rest of the police forces since the enemies past halfway point is too much even with the combined effort of the team. It speaks volumes of how OP the twins are.

They clearly left the game like half written because sequel bait. The truth is nobody knows wtf the deal with Jena is

exactly, not once do the other cops ever get to really show off or help you other than alicia who gets her own backstory and scenes in the subway chapter that ties her more closely to the protagonists.