Death Stranding

>N-NO GAMEPLAY!!!

Here's your fucking gameplay, you whiny faggots. Happy?

This will be GOTY 2019, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Attached: death_stranding_combat.webm (640x360, 3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
youtu.be/A9JV0EvCkMI
youtu.be/jF36Hh5FjZo
youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice running simulator

Nice running simulator

looks so fucking bad
jesus christ

Nice running simulator

With your help, I'll inherit the presidency.

Attached: h44.jpg (362x480, 38K)

Since I have a job and don't live with my parents I can afford a Switch, PlayStation 4 Pro, and a halfway decent desktop computer.
I have reason to hope for Death Stranding to be good since any good game is a good thing for me. I'm definitely interested and will likely be getting it shortly after release.
I don't understand why so many of the kids here feel the need to bicker about the quality of exclusives when any good game is a good thing for the industry. Hell, there's still many people saying Breath of the Wild and God of War 2018 are bad games with the criticisms being thinly veiled complaints of exclusivity.

Attached: 1537930437894.jpg (1024x576, 61K)

Nice running simulator

lol this looks terrible

Nice running simulator

looks pretty good but not worth buying a ps4 over. hope it comes out on pc eventually. Yea Forums identifies so much with vidya they want certain games to fail, rooting for them like a sports team. it's the most embarrassing form of faggotry on the planet.

Neat, so what are you doing when not having cool fights with those yellow dudes?

Attached: 4327732+_4713e1b402faf6491f17a054c0df2ee4.gif (300x159, 513K)

Fucking idort

You saw the other thread and wanted (You)'s too?
What a thirsty whore.

I don't care about console wars. I just think this game looks bad and that Kojima is a hack

we already had the same thread with the same op a few hours ago already, stop shilling

Traversing an open world with environmental and supernatural threats

looks absolutely like MGSV, down to goofy run animations

psychopathy

Not bad, very elegant looking.
I wonder how she became darker, dont people get lighter the older they become?

The animations and effects are the exact same as MGSV, I suspect Kojimbo straight up stole Konami's assets when he left.

Death Stranding is like those really shitty direct-to-video movies that only manage to make any sales because it has some fucking celebrity on the box......

Gee, I wonder what name could be on this box...

>A HIDEO KOJIMA game
>from HIDEO KOJIMA productions
>written by HIDEO KOJIMA
>produced by HIDEO KOJIMA
>starring HIDEO KOJIMA's ego

Anyone who has to plaster their own name THAT much on their games is an egotistical fucking HACK.

Let alone having to plaster your own name THAT much on a game that hasn't even come out yet

Or shown any REAL gameplay that isn't another stare at another guys ass in spandex/sapcesuit while walking... err, sorry "ROLE PLAY/STEALTHING" through endless expanses of FUCKING NOTHING (but at least it's got 4k backgrounds...errr... "it's comfy" I mean) simulator

Or has to jack himself off by "inventing" another new "genre" (of what? Oh right, NOTHING because it's the same goddamn shit every other game has already done)

Or has to stroke his ego by going on a fucking Jordan Peterson-esque rant about how "pulling and pushing" and bullshit is the "main focus" and how the MC is dead, but then he's not dead and blahblahblah pretentious pseudo-intellectual garbage that Kojimatards will eat up like every other turd he's shat out.

I mean, this guys fans think having a fucking gigantic ass ladder w/ music to hide a loading screen/build tension is amazing
Or having a few dozen lines of dialogue written/recorded to be played back depending on the contents of your memory card
>Whoopdy fucking-doo

Hideo Kojima
>I want to make movies but I'm nowhere fucking near talented enough to actually make a film so I'll just throw in hours&hours&hours of cut-scenes in between lackluster stealth gameplay.

This

So it's LITERALLY every other game ever made with practically 0 distinguishing features?

Yeah, that's about what I expected from Kojima jacking himself off for years with nothing to actually show for it till now.

Buckle up boys! This is going to be a mild ride.

alright Yea Forums
predict the length of the game and length of all cutscenes

Attached: 1517734641206.gif (262x300, 2.89M)

holy based

>So it's LITERALLY every other game ever made with practically 0 distinguishing features?

It's a Strand game. It's a new genre of game. You're retarded if you think it's "like every other game".

is this what anyone expected when we saw the first trailer?

do you even know what a fucking strand game is? C'mon tell me, I'll wait.

oh no no no no

>It's a Strand game. It's a new genre of game. You're retarded if you think it's "like every other game".

>Or has to jack himself off by "inventing" another new "genre" (of what? Oh right, NOTHING because it's the same goddamn shit every other game has already done)

What's the "Strand" genre? A Kojima-esque wank-tier definition of an already existing genre that doesn't count as the same genre since it wasn't made by THE HIDEO KOJIMA?

So what's the gameplay?
Running away from enemies simulator?

Why is there a cutscene when you get on the vehicle?

It's a simulator

I know you're false flagging but imagine thinking that wanting to see GAMEplay of a video GAME before you spend your money on it is "whiny"

I """suspect""" your IQ is far below 80

He's obviously right, it'd be stupid not to do that.

A running simulator?
AN OPEN WORLD WALKING AND CRAFTING SIMULATOR?1?
Holy fuck bros Kojima broke new ground.
All he need to do now is add some "freakers" or "zombies" to the game and it'll be GOTY for sure!

The animations look like they were literally lifted from MGSV

Just watching this I could hear Boss' running sound effects in my head

50 hours of main game
5 hours of all cutscenes
200 hours of the game for 100%
600 hours of the game for 110% online content
just like MGS V

Gameplay 1 hour
Cutscenes 50 hours

Someone put the Benny Hill's Theme on this please

Attached: 1452109418323.jpg (1676x1920, 391K)

"he" is obviously fucking retarded, as kojima is not only an adult but an old man who undertands what every 20 year old would in a fucking corporate environment, he would get sued to oblivion and the game would be compromised in seconds if he "took assets" that didnt belong to him and put them in there. Go fucking kill yourself mouthbreather

>when you invent a new genre and it triggers Yea Forumsincels
Kojima is based as fuck.

Attached: 1564469471410.gif (333x194, 1.78M)

>cutscene just to jack a car

OH NON ON ONO N ONO NO NO NOO

Whoa he can drive instead of walk making him an even faster delivery man.

MGS5 with a new coat of paint isn't a new genre Kojimadrone.
Nice try though.

>I-i-i-its okay when RDR2 does it!

How can Death Stranding have worse, less fluid animations for getting into vehicles than Halo, a 15 year old game

>Recycles the combat of Metal Gear Cucklid 5: The Phantom Prep
OH NONONONONOONONONO AHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Something about the physics are just fucked, like everything is sticking to the exact degree the gemoetry is shaped in, if that makes sense. They don't bounce from bump to bump, they dip into every crack and lift up around every mound super quickly. People and vehicles are doing it, it looks super off

Attached: jslqgb9vzuk21.jpg (1145x1145, 40K)

Based truth telling boomer.

Attached: 1701162100.png (600x600, 477K)

This and Cyberpunk is the biggest thing in gaming right now. Everyone shitposting "walking simulator", about 8/10 of them are just fucking with you people because you're making it really easy and they plan to buy the game themselves.

People are excited for the game. Why do you need anonymous message board validation?This is why you're getting triggered so fucking hard.

Attached: 1548356027356.jpg (640x958, 94K)

>RUNNING!
>People show up
>RUNNING!
>Fire 2 shots
>RUNNING!
>Cutscene to pull someone out of car
>another cutscene to get into the car
>Drivin- Oh you're already done?
>ANOTHER cutscene to get out of the car
>RUNNING
>OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU CAN JUMP OVER A CHASM!!!
>RUNNING!

I was EXPECTING it to be bad, but this is just laughable.

Kojima is a fucking hack.

They don't tho, they started letting you swivel the camera around while stealing shit since GTA 5

30 hour game
5 hours of cutscenes and scripted sequences
+30 hours for 100%
20 hours of online content before you get bored

Cinematic garbage

>nit picking this hard
Deny it all you want but this is a straight 10/10 just from the trailers alone.

Uneven terrain is one of the hardest hurdles in game development

hackira fags really are the worst kind of people. imagine praising this indie tier shit

In that case there isn't a single cutscene in MGS2 since you can move the camera around. What retarded logic you have user

this, but I'm not defending exclusivity.

Fucking hell I can't unsee it now.
>nit picking this hard
It's like EVERY animation is over-choreographed to be CINEMATIC with absolutely 0 room for flexibility to make things seem NATURAL.

Look at the way the enemies crumple when they get shot for fucks sake, I swear I've seen better "death/capture" animations in the first fucking Half Life.

ever heard of this little trick called "make up"?

I'm not nitpicking shit, it genuinely looks unfinished. I'll give you the first minute of the gif as a show of good will, I will give it a pass, you could play it off as a prequel to red faction guerilla with no destruction, but you can't look at the last 25 seconds of the gif and seriously think that running looks totally fine.

she cute

literally mgsv but worse

>you could play it off as a prequel to red faction guerilla with no destruction
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I KNEW that gameplay seemed strangely familiar....

I hope there's mods on PC that swap Norman Reedus out with a Kiki model. I want to literally BE a little girl who runs a parcel delivery service.

Attached: kiki.jpg (800x480, 59K)

The game cuts to show Sam getting into the vehicle and cuts again back to gameplay, it's literally a cutscene.

Because they rushed the fuck out of it. Sam's in game VA isnt even voiced by Norman Reedus

>Muh grafix and animation

>has to speed up gameplay to make it not look like slow, boring shit

lmao

jesus those animations are terrible

Is there anything else to this game?

There is a difference between lower graphics and outright jank from shit effort.

MGSV did this shit too and it was annoying as fuck

In far cry when you skin an animal you lose control completely over gameplay. Every single game under the sun has cutscenes that interrupt gameplay.

Graphics were literally one of kojima's main selling points since development began

Pls elaboration

You'd only think that if you only play AAA trash after 2008 like the shitter you are.

>Every single shitty modern AAA garbage game under the sun has cutscenes that interrupt gameplay.
Yeah, we know, nobody is defending that trash either so quit deflecting to other shitty games.

>There's literally no gameplay
Lol, your eyes don't work. Don't pass on your shitty genes

Oh so Quake is a shit game because of it's graphics and animations?

>nobody is defending that trash either
5 billion threads on Trannypunk 2077 say so otherwise

That gameplay is subpar.

Doesn't look very good.

this game is going to change the world.

Imagine being this intellectually dishonest and making reddit tier passive aggressive strawmen just to cope with Yea Forums not worshipping Kojima's cock like you.

hm i wonder why no one is posting webm's from the boss fight.

Attached: 854583727327.jpg (366x440, 26K)

>running around in an open world ocassionally interrupted by the need to select weapons from a weapon wheel to kill faceless enemies
>It's a new STRAND genre guys!

Post it then faggot.

It "seems" death in this game is a catastrophic enough thing that while people fight each other, they avoid killing at all costs, which explains all the non lethal weaponry, and maybe a tendency from enemies to hesitate.

And it leaves us with this: youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Attached: segpa face.png (603x432, 348K)

Fucking based gonna have to go rewatch this movie now.

kiki mod would be so comfy

>robot arm detector thing just becomes kiki's cat

also the best ghibli movie

Death only causes void outs if the individual is killed by a BT. Just dying isn't going to do anything, and the people in the trailers even mention that the antagonists go around killing villages and causing voidouts (because they know how to summon BT's and control them.

Attached: wtfkojima.webm (900x506, 2.03M)

Because that """Boss""" """fight""" is just throwing paintball grenades at the dog over and over

ROPES

I hope you retards don't actually believe that Kojima invented a new genre.

absolute trash lmao

This is gonna be a flop

What the fuck is that animation? Is he casting garotte wire magic on that Homo demon?

What the fuck? That looks horrible.

okay okay
so how are we going to void out leddit

Basically UCA moral compass is preserve life to all cost with babies in jars, while Homos want to preserve freedom by any means necessary niggas go full allahu akbar all over north american soil

Attached: ImAlreadyAHomo.png (436x348, 174K)

Why is everyone so surprised? These are your typical A Kojima Game snappy animations. MGSV also had those. They look dumb but I think their snappiness is very satisfying.

That isn't just "snappy", that's jarringly bad. You want snappy? Look at the animations of the player character picking up and dropping, or equipping, boxes. That's snappy, yet it isn't badly animated.

This, however, is.

Attached: 1544793281668.webm (1390x790, 1.09M)

this shit looks nothing like the U.S. sorry Kojima but you fucked up in that department. You got away with it in MGS3 but not here bucko

>Death Stranding has no gamepla-

Attached: Death Stranding Gameplay.webm (640x360, 2.1M)

It's hilarious seeing anons trying so hard to dispel some "kojima illusion" as if people aren't just having fun with the whole marketing campaign and will enjoy the third person action game once it's out, kojima makes good games no matter how pretentious you think he is.

It's an unfinished version. They have enough time to polish everything up to incredible. It's going to look as close to perfect as you can get when it's released.

Wait. Wait a fucking second. I have not seen the gameplay.
Is this possible? Confirm this shit to me. Can we start a war with Reddit? Don't fuck me around user tell me if the theory we talked about being able to fuck with other players is actually real.

Attached: 1568121298944.jpg (600x632, 34K)

>kojima makes good games

Attached: Stealth game level design.jpg (650x519, 55K)

So then what sets this game apart, as a """new genre"""? Kojima sniffing his own farts and trying to call it something new doesn't mean it's actually fucking new. Asynchronous multiplayer is not new. Open World Games are not new. Mixing the two together is not new. How is this a new genre?

This jump goes against everything we've been told about center of gravity management and movement in general.

I didn't know I was already a professional animator!

Both games are great on their own terms and trying to shit on one of them using the other as an example is the exact equivalent of consolewar faggotry.

Oh yeah? Well, did Thief make you pick up the game box and look up a com frequency to proceed in the game?

MGS was so good it literally crossed over into reality.

You can apologize to him now.

Attached: why even live.jpg (5555x5555, 1.41M)

I don't know and I don't really care about what genre he calls it.

That is what happens when you wear an exoskeleton.

his playthrough is going to be glorious

TELL ME IF THE MECHANICS DO ALLOW DESTROY ANOTHER PLAYERS PLAYSPACE CONFIRM OR DENY THIS TO ME RIGHT NOW

>So then what sets this game apart, as a """new genre"""?
Name one (1) open world movie game walking sim with asynchronous multiplayer.

I just want to know what the basic mission structure will look like
what's there to do with all the weird shit you're collecting and transporting? I guess you can craft structures and plop them onto the overworld and they can show up in other people's games?
what else are you rewarded with? what does a mission look like when you can take almost any rout from point A to point B?
Is every single town just a small hub with some holographic fuckbois waving at you?

How do the exoskeletons in this game work, anyway? they just look like a bunch of straps with some metal bits instead of an actual exoskeleton.

>that EPEEK SEENAMATIC SLOMO
Goddamnit.

Attached: this fuckin shit.jpg (568x376, 34K)

>Running away from enemies is gameplay
The fuck is this bing-bing wahoo tier trash?

Why can't you do this in normal gameplay then? Why make movement such an "important" feature and then do this?

The jump animations is still terrible, and wearing the exoskeleton of speed doesn't stop Sam from having to adhere to gravity management and what not. You even see him tripping when he starts running in an earlier part of the video while wearing the skeleton.

>gameplay has been pretty sterile
>because they're hiding all the really weird and neat shit that happens around the world so you can be surprised
please, Kojimbo... don't MGS5 us again...

Attached: 1567364209321.jpg (1050x1050, 178K)

Lol MGS literally blew Thief1 out of the fucking water in all of the departments that actually mattered.

I'd rather he MGS5 us than MGS4 us.

Answer my question, you fucking retard. How is an open world game a new genre?

CAN WE MAKE A WAR AGAINST REDDIT? YES OR NO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1568090111645.png (400x399, 196K)

>Why can't you do this in normal gameplay then?
What do you mean? This isn't the only time he used his jump. Also the exo has limited energy that gets drained.
I don't remember that at all.

Because there aren't any other games that play like DS.

Attached: Death Stranding Gameplay Loop.jpg (2048x1583, 406K)

>open world movie game walking sim with asynchronous multiplayer.
LOOK AT MY SHIT-SALAD GUYS IT'S A TOTALLY NEW FUCKING SALAD AND NOT JUST A BUNCH OF OTHER SALADS THROWN INTO A BIG HIDEO KOJIMA(TM) BRAND BOWL!

I just want to remind people that nearly every single person constantly shit talking this game does not own a PS4, and the primary reason they are so fucking angry is because they can not play it. Notice how this tends to happen to games that are exclusive to a certain platform, i.e. Persona 5 or TLOZ: BOTW

>playing stupid
Retard's last resource

>477851152
I hope you don't actually believe this shit, drone.

>trying as hard as you fucking can to pretend that this game isn't unique as fuck and pushing boundaries in many ways because you don't own a playstation
literally kys

ly bad.

>playing stupid
Wtf are you talking about? The exo has limited energy and I don't recall him tripping while using his exo legs.

>Because there aren't any other games that play like DS.
Chess is now a genre of boardgame
Checkers is also now a genre of boardgame

>Chess
Two-player strategy game
>Checkers
Two-player strategy game

>Pretend
Answer my fucking question already, you god damn retard.

>I don't recall
If only videos weren't a one use limited resource.

That's some shitty gameplay, bro.

>pretend that this game isn't unique as fuck and pushing boundaries in many ways
Name one fucking "boundary" being pushed that hasn't already been done by other games.

There's not a single fucking thing the the entire trailer that hasn't been done before, and done BETTER.

lmao what's wrong with you people. just ignore for a moment what some people have said at some point about kojima and focus on the damn game. because if you look closely, you realize that it's a regular open world game with some new ideas. there are the usual "towers" revealing more of the map, there are outposts, there are vehicles, main and side missions. but two points distinguish the game from previous open world games:
the online system, which will ensure constant changes in the world and the fact that Walking/Running is in itself a challenging minigame.
It's silly to get upset about this game.

I bet the game will end with Sam joining the homo demons and ALLAHU ACKBARing Central Knot city

Have some good gameplay, then.

Attached: Death Stranding Gameplay 2.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

>I don't remember that at all.
When Sam was running away from the people in the camp, and he started tripping over the terrain when doing so. This demo had around 9 or 10 minutes of action, and you can't even remember this much?

It does nothing new, yet apparently is a new genre. Is this the Kojimadrone mentality at work?

>It's a new genre because your single player game can be influenced by online players
Dark souls?

Hopefully.
I’m guessing you’ll get stuck in hades for doing evil shit tho

>Death Stranding
Walking simulator
>Firewatch
Walking simulator

This literally looks like FETCH QUEST: THE GAME where the primary "loop" is making the fucking trails between LITERALLY FUCKING A AND B not kill you as much as they did before/will in the future.

Literal fucking Kojima-DRONES

Yeah bro there are just SO MANY open-world package delivery games where you need to use tools like ropes, portable ladders, climbing gear, etc. to cross anomalous zones filled with creepy ghosts as well as terrorists trying to murder you with electro-poles. It's just so trite and generic

>It's just so trite and generic
This but unironically.

was shown explicitly or is it still a theory?
Also thanks

Attached: 1568313991189.gif (350x335, 1.17M)

>this trash will get good reviews just because of Kojimbo

Attached: 1529942476546.jpg (480x480, 32K)

That doesn't answer his question. an open world game where your character can deliver items across the game world is not pushing any boundary. Fallout New Vegas did this. How is this game creating new boundaries and is a "new genre" when it does nothing new?

Yeah it's already been done to death in other games. It's called a FETCH QUEST.

You had me until dad of war 2018.

There is literally no conceivable way that someone can look at DT and say it's 'generic' unless they: A) are trolling OR B) don't own a PS4 and feel a need to reflexively shit on any game that they can't play

guys what was that song sam was singing while relaxing?

Attached: lea sedoux7.jpg (1920x1200, 217K)

Pic related is originality.
Death Stranding is generic trite that only Snoys could possibly be excited about.

Attached: Bloodborne Cinegrid 5.jpg (3264x2238, 3.39M)

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND, THIS GAME WILL BE A MATERPIECE I SWEAR YOU ARE RETARDS THAT CAN'T APPRECIATE THIS FORM OF ART

Attached: 4584505490854.jpg (193x261, 14K)

>play Dragon Age Origins
>find item in the game world that's related to a quest
>end up finding the person who wants it, deliver it for a reward
Holy fuck, Bioware created the strand genre years ago and we didn't even know it.

>Strawmanning this hard
Cope.

one of the ways it pushes boundaries is its totally unique ways of pushing environmental traversal. The biggest game prior to DT that heavily innovated with environmental traversal was BOTW, which made some much needed upgrades to the genre; DT steps in with real, physical climbing tools that you absolutely NEED to use to explore a vast open-world reminiscent of Iceland. You can't just drive a car up a mountain or spam the jump button while slowly sliding down a cliff like in literally every single other video game, you actually need to use a wide variety of gear to traverse where you're going

I am not going to scrape an entire 50 minute video just to find the dude tripping once.

Well it looks better than that 50 minutes of walking they showed off the other day

??? Bloodborne isn't even that original though ??? there have been plenty of fantasy worlds inspired by victorian era-england and lovecraft, can you show me anything even remotely similar to DT?

funny cause bloodborne is only for snoy fans.
sony wins again baby

Attached: death kek 1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.51M)

But he started tripping because he was walking over one of those rocks that have red crosses on it when you scan it. What does that have to do with anything?

>no conceivable way that someone can look at DT and say it's 'generic'

It's another
>Guy in spandex
>Semi-futuristic tech
>Open World
>Go from A - B delivering packages
>Don't let the enemies get near you
>You can change the game world over time
>Generic stealth and guns and shit
>Games are about "choices" and choices and about choosing from choices.
>Muh generic grimdark pseudo-intellectual pandering storyline to justify playing Postman: The Game

Yeah, sure doesn't sound generic at all.

It's more than just that. They will praise just because it's so mysterious and not even get all the answer for a sequel bait.

Death Stranding's game world looks like it was just ripped out of an unreal engine tech demo. It looks extremely generic, aesthetically.

Memes aside, how can anyone defend this

>It looks extremely generi-

Attached: Death Stranding Environments.jpg (3840x2160, 1.11M)

BOTW and GOW are both shit games

Are you just pretending to be retarded? He still needs to adhere to proper weight and terrain management even with the exoskeleton. That's what this fucking conversation was about.

Cope.

>the "if I condense individual video games to their most basic loops I can make it look like shit and embarrass the person I'm arguing against!" meme
Did you know that Mario is generic, boring shit because
>guy in clothing
>fantasy cartoon world, done a million times
>sidescrolling 2D
>go from a - b saving princesses
>don't let the enemies get near you
>you can change the game world over time by advancing to the next level
>generic jumping on enemies heads and shit
>games are about "jumping" and jumping and jumping jumps
>muh generic upbeat colorful cartoonish storyline to justify jumpman: the game

Yeah, sure doesn't sound generic at all

Hillary was hot af when she was young

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1280x720, 107K)

>guy in clothing
Hate this shit

Finish your big boy words.

Attached: 1546692890696.png (1136x648, 981K)

NOOOOOOOO DEATH STRANDING IS SHIT BECAUSE I DONT OWN A PLAYSTATION REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He has to adhere to the terrain. So what? What does it mean to "adhere to proper weight"?
He wasn't tripping when he did the jump. He was stood planted solidly and then super jumped forward using his exolegs. How is that unbelievable?

>character needs to properly adhere to the environment to move around properly
Red Dead Redemption 2 did this last year.

I could say the same fucking thing about Banjo-Tooie except they didn't jack themselves off about "gearing up" Till Nut's and Boltz :(

You mean you actually NEED to change
Can_Climb_Wall = 0
to
Can_Climb_Wall = 1

That's some pretty fucking impressive "gear"

>You can't just drive a car up a mountain or spam the jump button while slowly sliding down a cliff like in literally every single other video game, you actually need to use a wide variety of gear to traverse where you're going
>You can't just drive a car up a mountain or spam the jump button
>you actually need to use a wide variety of gear to traverse where you're going
>actually need to use a wide variety of gear
Because the ONE thing that bothered me about Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim was that the fucking mountains weren't hard enough to climb...... I want to have to do inventory management on top of that.

Sounds like a shitty walking simulator with mountain climbing

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU MEAN I GET TO WALK VERTICALLY!!!???
AND AT 1/3-1/4 OF THE PACE!!?
SIGN ME THE FUCK UP!!!

>It looks generi-

Attached: Death Stranding Environments 2.jpg (3840x2160, 2.68M)

>I'm the cook

that the power of the pc hahahahahahha

Attached: death stranding walk.webm (720x404, 2.89M)

>He has to adhere to the terrain. So what?
That was the entire point of the argument, you fucking idiot. You tried to handwave the lack of gravity and weight management away by just saying "he's wearing an exoskeleton lmao" but earlier int he demo he still has to adhere to these in game laws even with the exoskeleton equipped. Fuck off.

I'm okay with exclusivity when the platform owner wholly and entirely funds the game. If the game would absolutely not exist without the platform owner, I'm okay with it being exclusive rather than not existing at all.

They've been a main selling point for all of his projects. MGS games were technical marvels for their time. DS already looks dated.

It makes me want to replay MGSV

You have yet to explain how he wasn't adhereing to it. He was standing with both legs planted perfectly well, and then he super jumped forward. You haven't explained how he isn't adhering to gravity and weight.

>make big scary boss
>have to make him slow as fuck since the player is slow as fuck in the black goop

-c

>HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU MEAN I GET TO WALK VERTICALLY!!!???
>AND AT 1/3-1/4 OF THE PACE!!?
>SIGN ME THE FUCK UP!!!

Yeah I guess BOTW wasn't innovative at all because all it really added to open worlds was the ability to 'walk up' mountains except only vertically and it takes stamina

Ok Yea Forums you can stop your bitching.
There is a character who is also a trap.

>t.kojima

Attached: 1552135368866.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

>exact same footage we saw in the 50 minute trailer
>walking
>ladders
>ropes

wow

kojima is a genius

>Because the ONE thing that bothered me about Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim was that the fucking mountains weren't hard enough to climb...... I want to have to do inventory management on top of that.
Lmfao you basically just said you don't care about the main premise of Death Stranding. Can't you just be non/autistic and accept that the game isn't for you?

Yea Forums is mad that they can't pin down exactly what this game is. Kojima went on about how he's making a new genre of game, so of course the obvious thought is how epic would it be to mock him by figuring out the gameplay and telling Yea Forums how simple and generic it really is at it's core? He's only shown the game in a very cryptic manner, so you can't do that though. The best they do is calling it a walking simulator, but it carries no weight because nobody believes that. It's obvious to people actually following the trailers that there's more to it than that. How do you connect Mikkelson and Del Toro's characters in a fully modeled ww2 setting with tanks, planes and all, Sam and his team fighting those BT ghost things in that shadowy place, and Sam waking up on the shore with a bunch of beached whales and five monolithic figures in the sky? You can't right now, and you surely can't simplify it down to being a walking simulator with these elements at play. Haters have no credibility because Kojima has refused to give them ammunition, and it pisses them off. So they settle with talking about hardly relevant things like Kojima putting celebrities in the game, or parroting that it's a "walking simulator", which they've been doing since the last trailer (where they also weren't believed).

Death Stranding unironically is one of the best looking games of the gen, up there with RDR2 and such.

yeah mgs1 and 2 were graphical marvels.
3 looked and played like shit

The great thing is gonna be when this game inevitably gets a 96 and sells 8 million and fanboys come in spamming "see! We told you it was good! Haters BTFO" ignoring the massive marketing this game received for 3 years.

>literally sped up the video

There's nothing wrong with walking simulators.

well yeah you make deliveries baka

Attached: 989998.jpg (1446x2038, 751K)

This game's combat looks so much better than Cybnerpunk 2077. CDPR fucked up making a shitty fps.

Attached: 1559147565548.jpg (1925x2303, 1.66M)

>Kojima went on about how he's making a new genre of game
And you believed him?

And faggots on Yea Forums complained that Mario Odyssey looked boring...

This is proof you are cherrypicking. That Death Stranding pic you are comparing is worse than the pic you are replying to.

is this bait?

Why wouldn't I?

>cherry picking
>comparing open fields is cherry picking

>Drone

>comparing open fields is cherry picking
This but unironically.

did anyone even notice the level design involved in constructing the mountains and rivers?

this looks far better than Breath of the Wil-
I misread what you said

Adding an extra way I can hold the left thumbstick to move the character is not "innovation" whether or not it drains stamina.

Moving along a vertical wall is practically the same as moving along a horizontal plane, it just takes longer and can be rapidly undone.

Then again, we're in a thread for a developer who managed to blow people's minds with a fucking ladder, so I can see how Kojimadrones lose their shit over mundane features.

Cope.

Let's establish this right now. NO ONE thinks this game won't sell. NO ONE thinks this game won't review well. When this game inevitably succeeds do not come in spamming Yea Forums BTFO because EVERYONE knows the game Sony has been marketing at every opportunity for 3 years will sell.

Cope.

I'm not sure what to feel, it has movie vibes but at the same time it's a game.

t.

Attached: 4545445454.jpg (247x204, 10K)

already coping i see.

>"gameplay" was 40 minutes of walking, with a 30 second "stealth" section, a small fight in a small camp and a terrible 4 minute fight against a giant blob that ran around in circles until it died
>also the plot was revealed to be an even more pretentious and slower version of The Postman
this is shit, how can anyone defend this?

Attached: The Postman.jpg (480x272, 52K)

they will do it anyway

>Yellow soldier on the right at 0:19 just runs to the left and stands there doing nothing.

What great AI. Feel so immersive and lifelike.

I am buying the game. Have a nice day.

>Wanting gameplay in a game is now whining
What have we come to.

>game

wow, a green desert.
So revolutionary.

I think the user score will be a lot lower. Not bad, but it seems a bit confusing for mass audiences

Game is primarily moving from A - B doing FETCH QUESTS
>Nuh-uh! There's other shit! you can climb mountains with GEAR!!!!
So instead of walking on a horizontal plane, I can hold the left thumb-stick while occasionally pressing X/O?
>Lmfao you basically just said you don't care about the main premise of Death Stranding.
You sure showed me.

You chose a youtube compressed screenshot instead of an in-game screenshot like the one you replied to.
This is pathetic lmao.

Both images were taken form youtube, you god damn retard.

>I am buying the game because I am kojimadrone.

As a connoisseur of various medias, I am eagerly looking forward to Death Stranding.

Attached: Mediachart.jpg (3625x3134, 3.84M)

No thanks, from GTA III to BOTW, this has already been done and in a better way. Stay cucked by kojimbo, OP.

Except half the people in this thread are screeching GENERIC WaLKING SIMULATOR COPE MOVIE GAME so obviously they think it's shit and will do poorly.

Yeah, it's a game.

>Please v tell me what to buy, i cant think for myself

>I am buying this movie
fixed

MGSV being liquid shit was like 9/11 all over again

Now the gamers become the mujahideen shooting at anything that passes by from their desolate mental hellscape

Source?

And? He makes excellent games.

It looks like a post-apocalyptic nature walking simulator and that's actually exactly what I want from a video game these days. The best parts of the Metro series were just wandering around the landscape for me.

genre: cinematic adventure

Nice basedboy retrozoomer detector

Hasn't made a good game since 2004.

everything in that game looks like a green desert. It is not cherrypicking.

Racing games are just moving from point a to point b in different cars. Are those bad? You can simplify anything.
You should lighten up a little bit and let people like things that you don't like

IQ over 30 is all it takes. Sorry you're so far off.

He chose to screenshot the Death Stranding pic while there was a lot of motion and the other one was without any motion.
Youtubes compression gets worse the more motion it has.

I thought she was wearing a choker for a second

Games aren't made by one person.

Why do snoy nigger have such low standards?

Attached: sdsrrtt.jpg (275x183, 12K)

Attached: CINEMATICADVENTURE.png (1435x1486, 162K)

>Game is primarily moving from A - B doing FETCH QUESTS
I hope every single person who makes an "argument" like this dies a horrific and painful death. LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE VIDEO GAME EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF VIDYA SOUNDS LIKE SHIT WHEN YOU DUMB DOWN THE GAMEPLAY LOOP INTO 4 WORDS YOU FUCKING PRICK

Zelda:
>walk from A - B sometimes do puzzle
Mario:
>walk from A - B sometimes jump over enemy/obstacle
God of War:
>walk from A-B sometimes mash A and kill enemy
Metal Gear Solid:
>walk from A-B sometimes tranquilize an enemy
DOOM:
>walk from A-B sometimes shoot an enemy

WOW THE MOST CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED FRANCHISES OF ALL TIME JUST GOT #EXPOSED AS LAZY PIECES OF SHIT AM I NOT A TOTAL CRITICAL GENIUS???

>Happy?
No, it looks like a janky MGSV.

I'm an idort actually

I didn't know green deserts had forests, mountains, lakes and such.

You've got to when all your games are the same.

Attached: 1562660537224.png (831x824, 934K)

Let make connection on November 8 bros

Attached: DEATH STRANDING – hand holding.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Because racing require some skill.
walking don't.

Are you actually retarded? Both images are taking screenshots of the controlling character in active movement. holy fuck, you are fucking retarded. You can even see the motion blur int he bottom image. Nice goal post moving, by the way. Now you aren't even denying both images being from youtube anymore.

Yeah. No shit. Want me to list the credits for every game he's made? Would that be better?

>GoW is a movie gam-

Attached: GoW Combat Trial.webm (600x338, 2.86M)

The challenge in this game is balancing resources, taking ladders and shoes and shit and managing what you can carry

Comparing your OPEN WORLD "Totally not a walking simulator" to "They're Making Another Left-Turn!:The Sport" isn't exactly a good sign

This too

Hoes mad

Why did you quote me? I'm shitting on this game.

try reading the last line senpai

He hasn't made a single game, Kojimbodrone.

sorry I must had replied to the wrong guy

and everythibg without a single tree in sight.
It's literally a desert.

Did you know that th antarctica is considered a desert user? Deserts are not just places filled with sand.

can't wait to play it

>what is nuance the post
Must be tough being a 3rd worlder.

The fact that you're shitting on racing games tells me you're very young.

Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander are standing completely still.

>play

Yeah, except those games didn't take literal YEARS to reveal their main game-play loop now did they?

like every other game with inventory management?
It is not a new genre. it's just a walking simulator.

Right. So how's school going? How many classes are you failing this year?

>subtle differences
>third person action adventure game

"A desert is a barren area of landscape where little precipitation occurs and, consequently, living conditions are hostile for plant and animal life"

Cope.

I agree that what Kojima said about DS being a new genre was dumb

>game is hyped up to be something new, innovative, once in a generation, must play
>got a walking simulator where you can pee a lot
th-thanks Kojima...

Attached: 1306307598871.jpg (178x178, 7K)

There's nothing wrong with walking simulators.

>new genre
>literally metal gear survive minus the zombies

Your arguments are bad and you should feel bad.
Zelda: contains frequent challenges, such as platforming (so you aren't just walking from a to b) and a variety of enemies.
Mario: platforming
God of War: nuGoW is shit, but the old ones at least had more engaging combat and was fun to look at, not just walking for ten minutes
MGS: The good ones at least had decent stealth gameplay, once again a challenge you have to actively engage on, not just walking
Doom: you're running around a map shooting enemies and having fun.

Meanwhule in Death Stranding: literally just walking, and occasionally something happens. But mostly you ae straight up walking from a to b. And that's boring as fuck.

>literally

>MGS: The good ones at least had decent stealth gameplay,

sweet jesus v will say anything to cope

The amount of snoy nigger cope in these posts is unreal

Attached: 2lv3.jpg (988x1059, 421K)

True, but it looks no different because the guy controlling the camera is moving it constantly, which still creates a motion blur effect. So not only are both images distorted, they're both from Youtube.

yeah, but that chink hack is calling it a new genre.

Actually, I'm an idort

Stop quoting me you wojak spamming retard, I'm not defending this game.

But he wasn't moving when that picture was taken. Are you dense?

Sony is söy repellent.

What's it like being a troll? Is pretending to be retarded the only thing keeping you from killing yourself?

this what snoys actually believe lmao

>all these fascists in this thread hating on a genre defining game

Attached: IMG_20190913_113642_218.jpg (1080x307, 32K)

this guy knows whats up, its come full circle

Attached: 1566671822700.jpg (640x760, 164K)

Breath of the Wild is not bad, just overrated by weebs and söyboys

Yeah nothing gets a bitchs pussy wetter than when she finds out you still play BING BING WAHOO

what the fuck is an idort?

I'd put my rod in her hams, nawmsayin?

I'm not "shitting" on them, the point was that comparing an OPEN WORLD to a CLOSED TRACK is not a good point to make especially when BOTH games require doing something highly repetitive.

Death Stranding
>Walking to deliver packages
Racing Games
>Making another left/right turn on the same track multiple times

At least there is an amount of skill required to play racing games. Holding a thumbstick to watch someone walk/run across a field does not.

Racing games are fun, I never meant to imply otherwise.

I hope shareable IDs per session in order to make DS Threads.

Attached: 1568317549979.jpg (480x358, 44K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Remember: You can not write "sony" without "s o y"

BOTW isn't overrated, it actually is an incredible game. And DT will be incredible too. Feels good being an idort

>Yeah nothing gets a bitchs pussy wetter than when she finds out you still play BING BING WAHOO

Attached: 73667b129a478499979dbea2bd3b026c6649060da20798aef5b84f7306780c07.jpg (665x800, 157K)

STOP THAT GLOVO COURIER

Attached: 2srbsi.jpg (1920x1040, 349K)

The fuck is this? There's a "Very Easy" mode?

>this will be goty because it has barebones gameplay and lolsorandumb "deep" story
Tell me how exactly is it any better than Control or one of the shitty lovecraftian games out this year?

i love the fact that you think racing games take skill
man should be a comedian

You have to go back

>Whataboutism
Peak cope.

Attached: q324reqr.png (202x543, 229K)

Remember: the Switch is irreversibly associated with the s o y meme now,, and no matter how much you spam snoy people will always see switch owners as numales

they take more skill than a walking simulator.

Do you not understand that player movement isn't what causes motion blur in video games? It's the camera moving around, and the camera is moving in the bottom image. They both suffer from the same handicap.

lmao

i'd rather pretend to be retarded than be retarded enough to consider the average modern Sony exclusive worth playing

>the Switch is irreversibly associated with the s o y meme

Attached: cenaSwitch.jpg (1200x798, 152K)

Imagine being this autistic.

When I brought up racing games, the point was about mechanical focus. Racing games focus on driving mechanics and DS focuses on walking mechanics

search 's oy boy' and click on 'images'. Within the first 5 pictures there is a jaw-agape numale holding a joycon

for people who cant even finish the first level of pacman

No matter how much you shitpost, I'll always see you as a numale.

i can not care less what snoy """""""""people""""""""" thinks.
If you care what another fucko thinks about you, you are a literal children.

Attached: FFXV and Death Stranding connections.jpg (5000x5000, 2.92M)

hey do you wait for the green light for a powerboost haahahahahahahh.

likewise nintenbro

>i love the fact that you think racing games take skill
So racing games require less skill than a walking simulator? I didn't know they started including self-driving cars.

just accept it faggot, snoys are soiboys too

>what is traction
>what is suspension

Snoys are the ones who play high test games, like God of War (2018).

Attached: Sonychad.png (773x666, 473K)

>2 minutes of gameplay in a 49 minute video that had a bunch of walking cut out of it

>cooldown combat
god of mmo

and a 14 years old since you care so much about console wars

coming across these little settlements of hazmat suit goons seems about as exciting as finding a motorcycle you can only ride on for ten seconds

i.e. - its another mini event to break up the main gameplay which is walking around

>BALANCE MECHANICS
>BABY MECHANICS
>GOTYAY

this isnt a game its another kojimbo movie with a thin veil of gameplay which is walking for twenty minutes to your next hour long cut scene about homo demons

Attached: 1477204293789.gif (480x320, 676K)

Everything shown about the game makes it look worse and worse. They should have just kept everything a secret and let everyone get fooled into buying it.

>soi of war
>high test
lmao you snoy niggers are delusional

No it wasn't moving and that is exactly what I was talking about.

you're all s o yboy faggots for fighting over taste in vidya

Nice running simulator

>seems about as exciting as finding a motorcycle you can only ride on for ten seconds
Seriously, what the fuck was the point of that motorcycle? Couldn't ride it up the hill without any reason given.

>nu-GoW is low tes-

Attached: Amazing GoW Combat.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

TOXIC MASCULINITY

soiboy cope

Yes. High test, you manlet, brainlet, toilet.

Attached: 1549894034000.jpg (1080x1920, 443K)

because it was """"""""""on the grid"""""""""""

BOTW was over rated, dude. It had good building blocks but man it feels like they spread themselves super thin to make that obnoxiously big world. Some of the regions felt like slapped together filler. It could've been better if it were more focused. By the way, what's DT? And what is this idort meme. Haven't been here in months and I'm seeing it all of a sudden

I think the reason was you couldn't drive it on the rocky path he took

>google images
then i suppose that sakurai is a fat nigga now.

NANDATO

>push a button
>Kratos does massive cinematic attack
>attack goes into cooldown
>wait a few seconds
>do it again
such a good, immersive combat system!

>Literally ''hey press parry buttom when big red circle appears''
This game is shit
snoy nigger cope

It was underrated, though.

Sure it has gameplay, it just looked incredibly boring.

timing requiere some skill.
holding forward the stick does not.

If you press the parry button when the red circle appears you die lmao. They are unblockable.

PKek cope.

Attached: God Tier GoW Combat.webm (640x360, 2.98M)

>Another grassy TPS
How original

isnt there a theme of time in the game. just wondering if this is a time speed up power? i didnt watch the thing

combat is literally dark souls but better and more action-y

So, slightly tilting the UI is the new fad uh?

soi: the game

>bamham punching
>LE EPIC SLOW MOTION

*inhales*

hahahahahahahah dude am slowing down to turn left.
please stop youre killing me here

Attached: 1560903756974.jpg (1005x747, 88K)

>Bamham combat is ba-

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

cope more, man.
death stranding is a brainless walking simulator.
it even has a literal baby mode for fuck sake.

I just watched all the MGSV trailers and remembered why I love this talentless hack. Can't wait for Death Stranding.
youtu.be/A9JV0EvCkMI

Attached: mgsv-the-phantom-pain-ash-face.jpg (1000x563, 81K)

Ok man you're just a retard then. You're not being honest with yourself. When faggot mags like IGN give shit like fallout 76 or Anthem 8 out of 10 you say "that's overrated," but when they give Zelda a 10 you clap like a seal. Why? The game was the most overrated game this century

>it even has a literal baby mode for fuck sake.
Then don't play it retard, are you mentally retarded

Cope.

>auto attack
>parry
>cooldowns
it's just an overproduced version of World of Warcraft's combat system

Attached: topkek.gif (290x188, 3.18M)

Why do Kojima's games just look like worse versions of the later Spliner Cell games nowadays, we've come full retarded circle

Don't you have Switch games to downvote on metacritic?

Not him but Jesus dude,

>Hold stick in static position
>Slowly turn stick while slightly releasing trigger.

It's not fucking rocket science but yeah, it's more 'skilled' to be able to:

>Travel at an extreme rate of speed and have to make adjustments on the fly or risk crashing
than
>Hold the thumb-stick till Dipshit McMainCharacter gets his ass over the hill or risks coming to a complete stop where nothing fucking happens.

Maybe for you walking is just as hard, but for people who don't finger-paint with their own shit, it's actually pretty easy. and so are racing games

Metal Gear was always just a worse version of Splinter Cell.

death stranding is a revolutionary experience
you get to walk(not advice for american)
you get vehicle(sweet jesus he get to turn left hahah) you love this one.

looks like ass

still buying it tho

Unironically this.

Looks pretty lame desu

>GUYS THE COMBAT IS NOT CENTERED AROUND COOLDOWNS AND STUPID AS STONES AI THAT CAN'T HARM YOU!
>posts video of stupid as rocks AI not able to do anything while using cooldowns and auto attacks

Attached: Not+posting+the+original+simpsons+just+right+meme+010+_9bd965e07ff7fa262a91c6621e410f95.jpg (236x179, 9K)

Splinter Cell will always be the worst version of Splinter Cell.

There's been a Very Easy mode in most games Kojima has made.

first 5 minutes.
carrying full load, 120kg I believe.
goes in a deep stream.
floats away
that's was like, real bad guide...

VRROOM VRROOM slown down, turn left, BACK TO VRROOM VRROOM.

such skill wow

Attached: 1557538457834.jpg (1024x767, 115K)

Nice running simulator

eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh
sugoi
ooooooooooooh
sugoi
eeeeeehhhhhhhhh sugooooi
ooooooooohhh
sugoi

i want illusion to cast her for their next game.

>auto attack
?

I never intended to play it.
In first place, it does not even has a gameplay.

If you also have iphone, i wish i was you

Then what are you in this thread for???

wow so much gameplay!!!
walking forward while hearing voices, so revolutionary!!!

i can not play it if it does not have a gameplay, user.

>it does not have a gameplay
There's a webm right there in the OP, open it.

That's not gameplay.

>That
>gameplay

What wrong my american friend?
not enough pew pew and blood for you

Attached: 1553067268690.png (1280x720, 831K)

did norman bro let kojima senpai scan and mocap his peepee?

i hate bang bang kaboom user and death stranding has no gameplay.

Are you capable of articulating your thoughts?

>dude roams around empty map
>survival elements open world game
>rappel down cliffs which looks like it will get old after the 3rd time you do it, same for the ladder placing shit
>basic bitch stealth with takedowns
>throw some vehicles here and there
>boss that does telegraphed slow ass attacks that are easily dodged
>you just spam grenades to easily dispatch it
>hey you can take baths in muddy waters
>WHOA HOLY SHIT REVOLUTIONARY GAME

Why are you waiting for this when the superior post apocalypse delivery game is already out?

Attached: 1568402386449.jpg (1280x1261, 224K)

first thing their did after signing the contract

Attached: kojima bd.png (621x407, 197K)

Go back.

Attached: Reddit's favorite games.png (844x664, 70K)

It just looks like a souped up, futuristic version of AssCreed 3

You forgot
>you have to actually spend minutes of real life time watching your character sleep to regain stamina
>have to spend time looking and/or shaking your baby
>travelling on foot takes forever and you have to play a shitty balancing mini game while walking
The game is just a big fucking waste of time

Fallout New Vegas is also just 80% roaming and 20% pew pew. At least Death Stranding has vehicles.

youtu.be/jF36Hh5FjZo
>You can builds things to fuck over others players progression
Based, nothing more fun than fucking others players somehow.

Oh, so now it really is a reskinned MGSV. Great, that worked out so well the first time.

Did they show anything new on the second day?

That's for tomorrow.

he did kek

highlights of the trailer
onsen
shower
toilette

Cool, more bland, empty environments to do fights to the bad guys in. Not even remotely interested.

They had something today too, what was it?

Looks comfy.

And yet, you entered the thread anyways.
Cope.

>Somehow supposed to know about a game without looking into it.
Buzzword.

So can players build entire bases? Or just ladders and bridges and shit.

Well you can pick up shit other people have placed like ladders to fuck over other people.

Fallout actually has rpg elements and character building and good writing, not this cinematic snorefest.

>no negativity here guys, let's all just praise kojima

>The point

>Oil

>Your mom's heels
>Your head

>Wiping your ass is a 'skill'
Is it hard? fuck no
>Stroking my cock is a 'skill'
Is it hard? Yes, but that's not the point. It isn't difficult in any way.

Is one of said tasks easier/harder than the other in any way?
Yes, one requires practically 0 'effort'
The other requires sustained 'effort'

Neither task is difficult, but both are still technically 'skills' you fucking retard.

It's like comparing your reading comprehension skills (which are embarrassing to say the least) compared to your writing skill (which are fucking pathetic)

VRROOOOOOOOM

Attached: 42df34df20a6782873844a030615f8b2317f8abe772cb2d31b6cce9e00a915e8.jpg (493x386, 33K)

not hot but easily very fuckable

At least New Vegas still has more content in the opening 'town'/'mission' than what we've seen of this game over YEARS of development.

>rpg elements
And so does Death Stranding
>character building and good writing
Yes staring at static NPCs while they utter tedious dialogue is so much better than cinematography

This but unironically.

Attached: Kojima is the Kubrick of vidya.png (1732x166, 68K)

I don't understand how people can be on this level of shameless scrote sucking before a product has emerged.

People shat on Okami because it dared to release around Twilight Princess and it flopped. Now, one is hailed as a timeless classic because people played the actual fucking game.

This is basically No Mans Sky.

Both images are suffering from motion induces handicaps you fucking retard.

Okami sucks, though.

No, it's not related to some super time hack power.

>The game looks generi-

Attached: death_stranding2.jpg (697x393, 59K)

are you trying to bait people, user?

>Missing the point this hard
Yeah, you sure showed me. I'll just go Vroom on back to bing-bing-wahoo kart. Even that complete clusterfuck of an RNG racer has more 'skill' than walking and sitting through Kojimascenes

*Holding thumbstick to walk intensifies*

>Yes staring at old man ass while he walks through a wasteland 20x the size of New Vegas with 1/5th of the content is soo much better
and I didn't even like New Vegas

Death Stranding has 10x the content NV has.

>but there's a rainbow!

Kubrick made good films though

Kojima can't even make up his own mind between making a game or a movie, let alone make something "good"

is the footage speeded up? its so weird how they're running lmao

OMG GUNS SO WE CAN PEW PEW

Attached: FINALLY GAME.png (442x481, 90K)

10x the Fetch Quests =/= More Content

Your opinion sucks, and doesn't change my statement.

>1/5th of the content
How retarded do you have to be to extrapolate this from 30 minutes of gameplay?

Oh, well then i guess it's ok if Far Cry does it!
Jesus fucking Christ...

Oh so just like New Vegas

At least there's no pride flags.

That's what you get for walking against the current ya dumb fag.

>1/5th of the content
>How retarded do you have to be to extrapolate this from 30 minutes of gameplay?
>How retarded do you have to be to not be able to extrapolate this from 4+ years of development?
ftfy

>Oh so just like New Vegas
Yeah, except worse I hated New Vegas

So is there some reason that most terrain is devoid of trees other than it being a matter of performance? I don't think it looks bad but I feel like people underestimate how nature will overtake your shit if you let it.

>4+ years of development
Ok user since you have insider access to Kojipro please tell us the contents of the game

Probably something to do with he magical rain that ages things.

kek

There are forests.

Attached: Death-Stranding-Release-Date-Reveal-08.jpg (1920x1080, 679K)

Prove it.

I know, but a lot of what has been shown is just grasslands. The soil looks black like black sandy beaches or cinder ash too, and I figure there's some kind of reason for it all. It would be great if there's a forest like that on a high elevation mountain with snow/blizzard conditions.

it fucking sucks

Attached: 1567216227700.webm (1414x1078, 2.48M)

Attached: 053ffbe35c209c8a7af1031582abe322e85a70-v5-wm.jpg (640x920, 70K)

>protagonist of New Vegas was a courier
>main quest of New Vegas was about delivering something
>MFW I realize Hackjima is LITERALLY ripping off New Vegas

Attached: 1464878475546.jpg (477x461, 37K)

Woah, a rainbow! awesome!

>Kojima Productions closed in July 2015 and reformed as an independent video game developer and studio in December.[11][12] The same month, Hideo Kojima announced his partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment, at the time led by Andrew House, to make a new "PlayStation game".

Oh no! was I slightly off with my development time?

>The game entered full development in 2017.
So 2+ years of FULL development
2 years of "jerking off on paper"
>Kojipro please tell us the contents of the game
It's walking, clearly if they had ANYTHING else to show aside from what they have they would have shown us long before now.

Why else would they keep slapping HIDEO KOJIMA on everything and jerking off to the edgy grimdark aspects and hyping up the "new genre" without having anything to show for it?

Trailer drops
>Walking
New Trailer drops
>It's the same shit that other games have already done hundreds of times.
Yeah I'm sure it will be a fucking masterpiece and they're just hiding all the AWESOME parts and just threw out this complete fucking JOKE of 'gameplay' to keep us 'trolls' in the dark, right?

God knows, there's also an area that looks like the Martian surface. I guess the Earth's atmosphere in the game is changed.

Attached: Wv2MGN6.jpg (3840x2160, 1.53M)

A RED DESERT NOW!!!!!
OMG SO COOL!!

>without having anything to show for it
Wait for tomorrow then.

delivering his a job
rescuing his wife the mission

based kojimbo filtering plebs, triggering autists left and right

Attached: file.png (551x341, 191K)

Yeah it looks pretty original. I look forward to it.

I can't wait for more of this
youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww

Where’s the cute? Where’s the funny

Attached: B02E0F53-6BEF-4F1E-B1FC-E8E1696CC187.jpg (1564x2048, 374K)

The real pleb filter is still kissing Kojima's ass after all this time.

>i just want to run around and shoot things in all vidya gaemz

Attached: 1560559179687.png (645x729, 98K)

A strand game appears to be a single player experience that incorporates experiences from other players integrating in real time.

>yeah well bloodborne let you write stuff on the ground and people could help you fight bosses dark souls, demon souls, souls, souls, souls, souls.....

Ok but that's like saying all FPS games are the same genre from goldeneye to fatal frame because they all allow for FPS camera, you couldn't create permanent/semi permanent objects that other people have access too in soulsborne games and the games didn't have content that required community support to develop/unlock, this is a social stand game, it's a single-multiplayer experience that in theory will create a game environment designed either meticulously or sporadically depending on the level of organization employed by the community. Drag It down and call it dark souls or bloodborne all you want, the idea of it all is very interesting and I will be playing it

>WAAAAAAAHHH WHERES MY BATTLE ROYALE MODE
Why is nu-Yea Forums so cancerous?

Literally nobody has said this about Death Stranding.

It might be a sightline thing for gameplay purposes too, since the idea is that you can go wherever and blocking your vision with a lot of trees might influence the routes most players would take. That little courier bot is fucking cute.

Attached: 1559646130060.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

Stay mad tranny

Actually looks pretty fun.

ive seen plenty of trailers and from what I've seen it's going to be alot of sneaking around and exploring. looks like it has even less gunplay than mgsv with "consequences for killing people" so that basically means you have to constantly run and hide. dying and getting sucked into the netherworld will be inevitable and will probably happen every few minutes.

nice strawman
>i just want to run around delivering things in this game
because that's all there is to do, oh and run away from enemies. shooting is for faggots right?

My summer car did it better. It's the real Strands game.

Seems like a bad version of red faction guerilla

>MUST SHOOT
>NEED GUN
>EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS

lol americans

MGSV IS THE BEST GAME

Imagine letting a wild animal near your nether regions.

Based, this post is literally me

>run 5 feet
>get attacked by bt's
>go to netherworld
>respawn
>run 5 feet
>get attacked by gold masketta man
>run away
>maybe climb up a mouintain or go to a village to carry more useless shit to another base

Attached: 5b8.png (560x763, 51K)

>this what snoys call a game

No thanks I'll stick the GOATAY Smash ultimate

Attached: _.jpg (1126x989, 808K)

You're seeing "early game" gameplay and taking it to mean the entire game will be sneaking, they've revealed a bola-gun at TGS that allows for non-lethal take downs of human opponents and whacky sci-fi weaponry for the supernatural enemies, if I had to guess I think the game is going to allow players the option to play the game in whatever manner they choose but keep certain content or unlockables hidden behind different gameplay choices which is what kojima has done since mgs4 really anyway but it appears in this game the different options for play are more fleshed out and complex.

>this is a social stand game, it's a single-multiplayer experience that in theory will create a game environment designed either meticulously or sporadically depending on the level of organization employed by the community.
>depending on the level of organization employed by the community.
>depending on the community
So it's going to be FAIL & AIDS

from what I've seen. the bt's are too powerful to fight. you have to avoid them. but getting killed by them is part of the game because you go to the netherworld and do stuff there.

>dying and getting sucked into the netherworld
sounds familiar

Attached: download.jpg (211x239, 6K)