I am sick and fucking tired of silent protagonists in Nintendo titles

BoTW
FE Three Houses
Astral chain

wtf is the point? who actually likes this? why?!!!!!

how is it normal for someone to hold a full conversation with you while you just stare at them with no response? it completely and utterly break immersion

will it cost a fortune to hire some VA?

You all agree with me, right friends?

Attached: 1200px-FETH_Byleth_m_f.png (1200x1196, 1.01M)

There hasn't been a good Fire Emblem MC in ages. Getting tired of more alphabet community support with each new game

Literally the last FE MC is not a silent protagonist though everyone grew to hate him on here

Robin was a chad.

byleth isnt a fucking pussy like corrin

The Japanese can't do silent protagonists right, this isn't news.

>immersion

you are playing on a console at sub 30 fps below 720p without any antialiasing, only dinky ass screen with a 3 hour battery life.

btw why they didn't include both Byleths in the game like it was in Astral Chain? wasted opportunity

silent protagonist >>>>> annoying protagonist

Silent protagonists are fun though.

Because every player would just S-rank themselves then.

muh self interest.

That's kind hot.

Is this a cross post thread on here and ERA?

>Actually posting this on ResetEra

Lol

Of course

Attached: byleth.jpg (1450x2000, 2.03M)

Jesus.

Attached: 94EF9CBC-C4EA-46E0-BA6B-AD37B97B94EA.jpg (402x504, 59K)

>Give us self-insert bait like every FE lord prior to 13
>WHAT THE FUCK ISIS, HOW COME THEY'RE SO BORING?
>Gave us Robin and Corrin, who are self-insert bait, yes, but good luck finding someone who can self-insert onto Corndog
>WHAT THE FUCK, ISIS, HOW COME THEY TALK, MUH M A R K
>Gave us [mostly] silent Byleth
>WHAT THE FUCK, ISIS, HOW COME THEY NEVER TALK?

masturbation

Attached: 1540675877704.jpg (918x597, 216K)

Accurate

>implying they weren't already.

Silent protags are fun

Corrin may have been whiny, but Chrom was based.
And Alm wasn't written horribly, either (let's be real, he didn't have a personality from Gaiden so this came from scratch)

silent protagonists are fine depending on the game
I can't speak for other FE games but Byleth basically needs to be a silent MC or else the entire plot falls apart

FE has had self inserts, but no silent protagonists; unless you count Mark, who is sort of like the "Byleth" of FE7, but they don't have any dialogue choices and sometimes characters look at the screen to talk to you. But you can also play WITHOUT a tactician, ultimately meaning the self insert is pointless except to get an item at one point jn the game that raises all of one unit's growths by 5%

>sometimes characters look at the screen to talk to you
I'm curious to see when they inevitably get to remaking 7 if they'll keep it like that or if they'll make Mark into an actual unit to use that can finally fuck Lyn like little 9 year old me wanted to 16 years ago

>You and the other thousands of people that voted Lyn as the highest ranking FE girl in the series.

There's no way Mark won't be playable at this point. The real question is whether they'll change the name to Morgan (since Morgan shares a JP name with Mark)

Idk I somehow do it in real life

Only good silent protag is the one from Devil Survivor.

Voiceless characters in environments where everyone talks is stupid as fuck. It does exactly the reverse of what a mute MC is supposed to do : it breaks immersion.
Shit was fine for old games hen they weren't voiced yet, and for some very specific games like Zelda or Pokemon (and even there in Zelda, Link kinda felt stupid in BotW), but for the rest, this shit should just die. Even fucking FPS games feel better when your character speaks.

Attached: 05.png (382x540, 229K)

Byleth works because everyone thinks he/she is a fucking psychopath for being so silent and emotionless

Attached: 1567363023308m.jpg (1024x498, 50K)

Doomguy is good too senpai

>silent protag
>other characters comment on how they never say much
Fuck you I like it.

Attached: 1328981829193.gif (400x458, 42K)