Official Switch HACKING thread

I'm making this thread to clear up any misunderstandings about hacking your switch

Here are some common questions and answers:
>Is my Switch Hackable?
Check your serial number on the bottom of your switch and google

>What do I need for this hack?
-Preferably a jig(3 bucks)
-usb-a to usb-c cable (modern phone chargers mostly have this cable)
-preferably a 128GB SD card or higher(can be lower but not advisable)
-reading comprehension of a middle schooler to follow a manual
-hackable switch (obviously)

>Will I be banned if I do this?
No, there is no way you can be banned if you never go online on your emuNAND (hacked system booting from your SD card, completely separated from your original system on internal memory), the system checking for CFW (custom firmware) doesn't check your SD card, which is where you will be booting a perfect copy of your original system from

>Any good manual to follow?
I found this guide most comprehensive and easy to follow
nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Pros of hacking your switch:
-every game for free
-VERY healthy and dedicated community providing great sources of games virus free and easily accessible unlike PC
-Advantage of just switching between hacked system and a clean one for offline and online play respectively

Cons:
-10 minutes of your life to set it all up

If you plan on buying a switch, I advise you to buy a used one and ask the seller to tell you the serial number, you will save so much money by not buying games you don't play online for, it's almost a no-brainer to perform this simple hack

Anyway, discuss and ask me anything

Attached: switch.png (1563x1178, 541K)

Can you shill any harder OP

it's for a good cause

Piracy Ho!

bump

bump

How does DLC work

Do you just install an update file like with a 3DS

Is there a video guide on how to do this?

Asshole.

Recently hacked mine, but I can only get NSPs to install via goldtree. Whats the trick to the XCI files I see most of the "scene releases" using? Loving the hacked switch - I got a 400GB card and I want to fill that fucker up!

Huh, so I don't get banned.
Interesting.

Should also say that a lot of NSPs pop an error too - its maybe like 50/50 that it'll actually install. I'm surely a brainlet...teach me oh wise anons!

no one cares until you can hack any of the switches newer than the launch models with the exploit

yes, same with dlc, doesn't matter what order

XCIs are reserved for SX os cucks, it's a paid CFW like Atmosphere and ReinX

yes search "switch Atmosphere setup"

People who want free games and don't care about battery life get free games, is that so uninteresting?

How can I make retroarch stop being a bitch?

What issues were you having?

Is there any reason not to update my sysnand normally while leaving my emunand on the previous update until the homebrew gets updated?

nooo dont buy nintendo games aaaaah sony is supposed to stay ahead

no issue, update away

cope harder buyfag

can i add more fighters and stages to smash and make my own weapons and single player campaign with splatoon 2? if not, then what's the point in hacking my switch? i need a modding, emulation, and a browser on my nintendo system

While I have a hacked Switch I'm almost certain this will be modded due to an assumed "vg-like" OP. Either way more people need to be aware of how easy and safe it is to hack a Switch so if it stays up then good.
Currently playing Astral Chain while overclocked so I don't have to deal with the shitty stutters.

I'm more curious what is the consensus on hacking in the newer consoles?

>modding
yes
>emulation
definitely
>browser
you can download one but it's risky, why do you need a browser for a gaming console anyway? everybody's got smartphones

I used it from the Album, and every time you return to menu from a game, or try to launch a .sfc or something instead of a Zip, it crashes. I assume maybe the NSP version will work better, but this whole thing feels slapdash.

didn't get a launch switch so im shit outta luck

Already did, recommend some good custom themes instead.

No you're not. All models are hackable.

Hold R when booting any NSP on the home menu, then boot retroarch from there. See if that helps

I really hope the switch lite will be hackable at some point. I use my switch mainly for smash so it seems kinda pointless to hack it

how do you overclock?

not possible right now, maybe in the future, the problem is Nintendo hardware patched the newer versions and Lite

there's a shitton on subreddit switchTHEMES, lot of unique ones like a Playboi Carti theme lmao

cool, so how do i create smash bros mods instead playing already existing ones

Can you play Wii U games on it?

No you retard

Go on, tell me how.

then call me when virtual console is up :DDD

yes, but you can't play splatoon1, xenoblade x, mario 3d world, nintendo land, and smash for wii u

idk google shit, I don't care for Smash, I like modding botw though

>Have all the resources
>Doesn't want to read them
>Instead just wants to be spoonfed the process

Theres never going to be a 'wii u' VC. You'll be lucky if theres ever gamecube

elaborate

>great sources of games virus free and easily accessible unlike PC
why you gotta be like this

you think it's possible to mod in a chain grappling hook item in botw?

Dude, I have a patched Switch, since it's not a launch model.
There is no way to hack it currently.

>xenoblade x
that and w101 are the ones that I'm most interested in : /
better buy one before they're 800$ then

Has anyone in the scene said anything promising about Mariko switch hacking?

I got a switch a year later after they fixed the pin hack.

You forgot
>cons
>can't play online

PSA: A hacked Wii U can -natively- play gamecube games, both on the TV and the gamepad. If you're looking to play gamecube games on a modern TV/on a handheld in bed, buy a Wii U

Except you can.,

But you can though

it's true, unfortunately for PC bros, Switch has dedicated piracy groups sharing games for downloading, it's wonderful just having so many sources to download a game, especially ones that haven't even in some cases come out yet lol

nah that's probably too complex lol

What can you do with a hacked switch?

piracy emulators

>it's true, unfortunately for PC bros, Switch has dedicated piracy groups sharing games for downloading, it's wonderful just having so many sources to download a game, especially ones that haven't even in some cases come out yet lol
you just described a private tracker you know, any half decent one has standards for quality and wont upload non-scene for PC

mine is patched which is a shame, but I only play t99 and PPT anyway

Custom themes
Free save backups for every game
Overclocking for better framerates/resolution in handheld mode
Homebrew games (portable SRB2 Kart for example)
Better emulators up to N64

damn it, i want more items in botw

If only you know how good things really are

maybe, switch is very public though, there are many switch game sharing websites one search away, all legit

since this thread is here, where can I buy a wii u pro controller that is brand new and not some fake copy?

Save manipulation is amazing, I ported my Darkest Dungeon PC save to my switch and continue playing it on it, I imagine it works like this with many games

I thought you get banned for going online?

how do you oveclock? does it damage the hardware?

should i just buy sx os for $45

Why would you? Theres literally no reason to

no, it's dogshit

there's a dns server you can connect to which blocks all Nintendo traffic, you obviously risk getting banned when you play online this way, I've heard of people playing pirated smash online without getting banned, I'd still not risk it and it's not advisable to take huge risks like this at all

You can hack your switch, and still boot in sysnand with legally purchased games and play online without issue. Just dont be an idiot and play pirated games online in emunand

What happens when you get banned anyways? Does your switch get bricked? Can't you just make a new account and do it again?

nah, Ninty bricks the switch itself, your account is unaffected, you can sign in onto a clean switch with that account and play online fine

Your switch won't get into the eshop or play online game, unless you've been hacking/cheating in online games your account will be fine.

Take it to /vg/, dongle mongler.

from the thumbnail I thought this was the lite edition,do you think it'll be a year before it actually get's hacked?

Attached: Switch Lite.png (1024x686, 452K)

Elaborate further on the whole banning thing. So I can never go online unless I have a "perfect" copy, which I assume is a bought one?

The patched models haven't been hacked, and those don't even have a joycon rail so I wouldn't hold my breath.

basically yes, though there exist daredevils who walk the Nintendo Server landscape on emuNAND and don't get banned, which is a risk not worth taking in my opinion

also you can't go online on emuNAND even if you got an original cartridge, Nintendo checks your system and finds that what you're running is not the original system on internal memory but a booted foreign one

So pirating Smash would be pointless, but I'd have no trouble playing my legit copy of Splatoon 2? Kinda sucks, but I guess there isn't much I'd play online anyway. Guess I'll hack it.

the fuck is a jig

>What is hbg: The Thread
Fuck's wrong with you, OP?

tranny containment general

a japanese nig

What's the state of 5 gen emulation on the switch? Also how easy to get switch dumps?

You just use the pastebin and GTFO

So if a NSP won't install over goldtree (PC Browsing) what can be done? I get random "can't install" errors on like 50% of the games I attempt to install. Do I just have bad NSPs? I get them from decently reputable sources (the-eye, google drive, etc)

How is acquisition of games? WiiU had that software where you could search for games and shit and download them right there, along with cataloged DLCs and updates.

Is Switch piracy just hopping on pirate bay?

You should mention overclocking, 60FPS hacks , and being able to play docked/handheld games with docked or handheld settings en gee el tee bee ayh eff ay em

can i play n64 and gamecube games on it?
is it true that i can install steam and play hl2?

can I update my Sysnand to 9.0 and safely keep my emunand on 8.1 until atmosphere is updated?

seriously though I'm not a native english speaker and never heard that word before

>Overclocking
enjoy significantly reducing your systems lifespan

>decreased lifespan from only a frequency increase with no potential for heat damage

I have a day one Switch, I've been thinking about doing this for a while, but I'm a tad afraid to fuck it all up.

google it fag

Sounds like a weird workaround but I'll give it a shot
I just want my SNES ROMs to just werk™

>not using your PC to run Cemu, Splatoon 1 in 4k on your TV, using your hacked Switch to act as as a Wii U gamepad

Attached: ydm1lj2oj1m31-1.jpg (701x329, 115K)

you have the same thing on switch, it's called tinfoil

I had the same problem, you lack the sigpatches probably

>is it true that i can install steam and play hl2?
hl2 is playable through android nvidia shield, it's not yet publicly available but devs are working to bring shield games to switch android

yes

you can't really fuck it up

>playing splatoon offline
yikes

bump

bump

bumping for last time

How is ppsspp on it? Does it work as well as snes on psp or is it actually good?

Who cares
Just emulate the games on PC

yes, it works perfectly

cope

You risk blowing fuses but not that it matters since CFW can bypass fuse checks.

>links absolutely 0 of the things he's talking about
>"just google it lol"

What a shit thread, no thanks fag.

Reccomend me some kickass homebrew

newfag detected, go demand spoonfeeding elsewhere you literal faggot

What’s the point of a general if you’re not going to help people?

Splat 1 sucks, though.

How do i check if i am banned or not?

>jig

Attached: jig.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

if you can enter the eshop, you're not banned

I am helping people if you haven't noticed, I also linked an amazing guide

>switch jig

Attached: IMG_20190913_214845.png (1080x1523, 688K)

>the jig is up
!!

ideally you would wait for NSP rips of the digital version, but there are PC utilities that can convert XCI to NSP when that's your only option.

that's not a con

>SX cucks
Ahh yes, the tranny supporter. You should have seen how mad these fsggots were during The Great /hbg/ War.
>Based China releases emunand
>w-wait that's not r-real emunand!!
Lmao, faggot.

Attached: 1560722228005.jpg (700x700, 99K)

you overclock with sysmodules like sys-clk
it's completely safe to use docked
using the higher clocks in handheld is dubious, the screen being on contributes some heat, and the battery isn't meant to power it at docked clocks, so you should at least stay plugged into a charger
one guy's battery expanded so much from handheld overclocking that the back of his switch bulges out, but some excuse this as he was using bugged homebrew that kept the fan speed from raising correctly
there's a range of CPU and GPU frequencies you can use so if you're worried about pushing the switch too much, you can go above normal without going to the maximum, and spare some heat