I don't like him being a stand in/avatar for me

I don't like him being a stand in/avatar for me.

Attached: Venom.jpg (900x900, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=msMkeJTEGuU
gamingbolt.com/hideo-kojima-on-metal-gear-solid-5-there-is-a-blank-space-will-not-be-filled
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>stand in for/avatar of
Oops, you know what I meant though

>I don’t like games where I play a character
What did OP mean by this?

Not every protagonist in video games is an avatar you shithead

Would you rather he have original dialogue? Because we already know those games have fucking retarded stories and corny melodramatic shitty lines. There is no benefit to having big boss talk more.

cringe retard nigger kys

Whoa, dude, I disagree with you, but I didn’t make it personal. Jeez. Chill with the name-calling.

>Thank you... my friend. From here on out, you're Big Boss.
youtube.com/watch?v=msMkeJTEGuU

Attached: 1564161110526.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

What's your ideal avatar OP?

I want him to completely be his own character

He's a worser idea than Raiden. At least Raiden actually wanted to do so since the ending of his first game, making him >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Venom

But Venom is (You). He, just like Big Boss, wants eternal war; eternal MGS sequels.

>I disagree
Why
No Metal Gear game other than TPP has said in any way that Snake is a self insert of the player
Mario isn't a self insert of the player
Sonic isn't a self insert of the player
Samus isn't a self insert of the player
Max Payne isn't a self insert of the player
Fuck off

That's the problem. I don't want him to be me in any way, even though he is.

I personally don't see the problem in him being an avatar.

What part particularly offends you, OP?

Damn. Kohima said I’m the fucking boss. Guys, get your shit together. We gotta disarm fro real. Fuck peace day. We doing it today.

In real life I am an asshole
Venom's a nice guy
I would have shot Huey in public and Kaz in secret
I wouldn't grief over a traitor like Paz

Plus, my Venom is a black man named Tyrone, and I'm white and my name is James, see the problem?

MGSV was intentionally designed to satisfy Eastern and Western cultures

Venom being an avatar of the player was done to satisfy the Japanese, who want meta.
Big Boss deviously brainwashing Venom for his own desires was done to satisfy the Americans, who want lore.

He isn't a stand in avatar for you. You are a stand in avatar for Big Boss. I can't believe like 5 years after people still don't get the plot twist.

>implying he's not me
Then who was mirror

can you make him black

>Script leak says "the avatar Snake" and "player avatar"
Venom is an avatar of the player. Get over it.

>I would have shot Huey in public and Kaz in secret
but snake, that would create a time paradox

Yes you can.

you can make him black lol

>self-insert
You’re using a different term now, and incorrectly. A self-insert is made by the creator, not the player. Literally every video game asks player to put himself in the shoes of the protagonist.

>You are a stand in avatar for Big Boss
Venom Snake is the one who's said avatar, so you are Venom Snake. Got it.
Glad to know we agree that Venom Snake is a stand in avatar for the player.

Either way, the script leak says distincts Big Boss and Venom through "the real Snake" and "the avatar Snake", implying that Big Boss isn't an avatar of anything.
Therefore, "not every protagonist in video games is an avatar" is still correct.

>all video game characters are avatar of the player
If that was the case then we would have 100x MGSV copycats

Oh cool it is this autist from the earlier MGSV thread.
No one cares about your super specific dislike. Does it really change anything about your overall experience when you don't find out until the game is over??
Majority of games with an avatar character like this dont allow for much freedom of choice anyways, so your whole "he doesnt act like I would" thing is kind of stupid.

Yeah I said that.

You are a phantom pain of what Big Boss represents. He's not really there, but his ideals guide an army towards a goal. The whole thing is lifted from a paragraph explaining phantom pain in Moby Dick.

>Does it really change anything about your overall experience when you don't find out until the game is over??
>Majority of games with an avatar character like this dont allow for much freedom of choice anyways, so your whole "he doesnt act like I would" thing is kind of stupid.
That's the point, him being an avatar of me does absolutely nothing worth for me and the story, I would rather have that idea never materialize at all if I were Kojima.

>He uses the parasites to critically injure Zero. This happens while Snake and the avatar Snake are in their comas; Ocelot had been keeping track of events for Snake so he could be updated whenever he did wake up.
>At first, Huey is bewildered because Snake's face is different (player avatar)
Here, let me spell this out for you.
Venom Snake is an avatar of the player. He is not an avatar of Big Boss, he is an avatar of THE. PLAYER. and a body double of Big Boss.

Autism

Yeah, but the point of the game is not "you are the player pretending to be big boss". You are literally an engine for someone else's goals. Just like how in Moby Dick the entire crew is poisoned by Ahab's lust for revenge including the main character Ishmael, despite them going to a certain death. I mean the entire reveal of the player avatar is from Moby Dick, where in the last few chapters Ahab's boat is torn to pieces with only one survivor, that you don't find out is Ishmael until the epilogue.

Attached: phantompain.png (914x186, 14K)

>autism
Why does every MG thread have to be like this?

Lol. Snake has ALWAYS been a stand in avatar for the player. This time they just explained it to you plainly. Brainlet.

>Yeah, but the point of the game is not "you are the player pretending to be big boss"
But it is.
gamingbolt.com/hideo-kojima-on-metal-gear-solid-5-there-is-a-blank-space-will-not-be-filled

You are fooled into thinking that you are being used by Big Boss.

>You are literally an engine for someone else's goals.
Kojima's?

You are a fool
MGSV is the opposite of all MGS games. Remember the trailers being great and the final product being shit, unlike any other MGS game?
Given that logic, the shadow manipulator in this game is not a manipulator at all, BB isn't using Venom for any goal

He's just giving the player the ability to "be" Big Boss

That's exactly what I'm saying. However, you could always not take the main character as a literal stand-in for the player. He could just be a random medic that got poisoned of the cult of personality and ideals of Big Boss. This is a story that was already build in Peace Walker where Big Boss is represented as some legendary hero, and it also expands on MGS2 expectation of someone wanting to be their hero. You personally don't matter here.

Kojima is generally a hack, so once you know the material he is lifting ideas from, his games become pretty cut and dry.

Of course, because he is not in the game. But from the context we have just GZ, if Big Boss existed as a phantom pain that someone only familiar with the accident represents, then them adapting his ideals, they would seek revenge against Cipher.

Ocelot and Kaz were pulling strings using what Big Boss represents to the people.

You don't like being killed by Solid Snake on his first mission?

Attached: bcf.png (680x445, 521K)

At that point in the timeline, Venom no longer stands for the player hence why his reflection shows big boss instead of the avatar after he shatters the mirror and DD becomes Outer Heaven.

Now do you remember? Who you are? What you were meant to do? I cheated death, thanks to you. And thanks to you I've left my mark. You have too - you've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm Big Boss, and you are too... No... He's the two of us. Together. Where we are today? We built it. This story - this "legend" - it's ours. We can change the world - and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you, wherever you go. Thank you... my friend. From here on out, you're Big Boss.

Attached: 1568224973958.jpg (1080x1080, 545K)

Reminder that Venom is automatically piece of shit = BB for helping him carrying out his evil nuclear warmongering schemes
Venom must have became an asshole some point between 1985-1994, I'm very certain

Autism

He was a piece of shit to begin with. It's funny how people think "Kojima wanted to everybody to be Big Boss" is true. Like what? Kojima wanted everybody to be a mercenary murderer who makes a living from the war economy? I mean sure you can make the case for MGS3 or even Peace Walker Big Boss being a good guy, but by the time of GZ the mantle the medic puts on of Big Boss represents revenge that leads them to get involved in a proxy war. What's the positive and anti-war message here?

Saying Kojima wanted the player to be in the shoes of big boss is basically saying Kojima wanted to radicalize everyone who bought the game.

>Kojima wanted everybody to be a mercenary murderer who makes a living from the war economy?
Yes, they wanted the players to be Big Boss so that they can realize that his world is evil.

I love it when Big Boss acts like a villain while dressing up as a sandnigger and wearing a ponytail
He truly belongs in the extreme wilderness

Attached: BiBo.jpg (386x491, 32K)

I wonder if he wore clothes similar to TPP's in OH/ZL
What would his sneaking suits look like at that point

Attached: BB.png (496x626, 387K)

So, why exactly is Venom so much different to Big Boss if he's supposed to be just like him mentally? He's a completely different character and seems to have completely different goals before the truth tapes. The stuff he does in the game and the disarmament scene show this. He was more humane and merciful too despite the whole "being a demon" thing. The only actual demon thing he can do is build a nuke, which is entirely up to the player. It was after all this on the way to MG1 that he became BB 2.0 even though at that point he knows about being a copy. He knows the shit BB (and zero) did to him and the others and yet decides to roll with it and still adores him even though he's nothing like the man he once swore his loyalty to. It just seems unnatural to me.

>What would his sneaking suits look like at that point
Hopefully even more bara than before. He just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

>nuclear disarmament scene
Not canon, nigger. It's not included within the 100% completion requirements.

didju rike it?

Attached: kojima.jpg (300x353, 18K)

I know but it still exists doesn't it? It's impossible to achieve but if Venom could do you really think he wouldn't? We're talking about a man that saves child soldiers and tries to integrate them back into society instead of turning them into soldiers.